All Connecteam Reviews

Maria

Religious Institutions, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

Couldn't be happier with it!

Barbara Anne Elliott

Sports, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

I love Connecteam!

The quality and ease of our communication has improved exponentially. All Employee management has improved as a direct result of implementing Connecteam!

PROS

Connecteam is the solution my clients have been looking for for Staff Management!

CONS

Like anything there is a learning curve and the set up of all the features does take some time - but man is it worth it!

Connecteam is THE BEST!

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

Home Base was not user friendly and I just couldn't get it set up to do what I wanted.

Thank you so much for your amazing review! It's so great to hear you were able to switch from 4 different software to Connecteam's all-in-one, and that you were able to customize it to your liking and dramatically improve communications in the company :) Thanks again for sharing your experience with us! If there's anything you need, we're available at support@connecteam.com around the clock :)

Replied September 2023

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Schoolhouse IT Review

Overall I am extremely satisfied with the app. We have been able to transfer several of our processes to the app.

PROS

The ease of using the time clock has been extremely helpful. We have been transitioning from using Google Sheets for time tracking and paper records for expense reports. The Forms option for digital record keeping has made the expense reports very easy and exceptionally convenient.

CONS

Automatic break transitions from Paid to unpaid after a time threshold would be great.I have run into issues with the built in camera feature in Forms.Having a way to break out vacation time and Holiday time together into different categories of PTO would be nice.Having a log of changes made to the timesheets for visibility and accountability would be extremely helpful.Setting dates to automatically give paid Holidays would be very convenient.

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

We would use Google Sheets for time tracking and relied on the honor system for keeping time. We also used paper receipts and a paper form for expense reports. Paper reports were unwieldy and we had an employee that we suspected of stealing time.

Thank you so much for your review! We would be happy to address some of the things you've mentioned here: (1) In PTO, you can create policy types (i.e. categories) and under each of them you can create as many policies as you need with different names, rules, and assignees. (2) Under each timesheet, there are blue and orange dots that automatically explain what changes or edits have been made in that timesheet, by who, and when. If you refer to a general audit page for all edits in the timesheets, that's a great idea we'll pass forward to the product team. (3) Setting automated dates for holidays is on our roadmap already :) As for the automated transition of breaks and an issue with the camera in Forms - did you contact us regarding these two? If not, please reach out to me personally at chen@connecteam.com so we can connect and help. Thank you!

Replied May 2023

Reviewed December 2022

Disappointed with the app after 14 months - issues are never-ending

Terrible experience, I wish we never used the software

PROS

Good design, friendly customer service, courses and updates work well

CONS

We regret we have gone ahead with Connecteam over a year ago. The system was promising, but the team have not been able to resolve most issues after a year. The scheduling module is full of bugs (the shifts tend of to disappear or duplicate shifts appear for whatever reason, some jobs were sent to the wrong user, schedule is often slow especially on mobile phones). Time clock module seems ok, but be prepared to spend some time comparing time entries with job schedule on another screen - they could not build a comparison of actual vs standard hours in the app. The support and development team don't seem to understand the cleaning industry, communication with cleaners is problematic as there is no traceability or audit trail for actions and messages. The software was also completely down at least a couple of times in the last few weeks.The critical issues are with the scheduling. We notice a new bug pretty much every few days now. We report issues on a weekly, sometimes daily basis. They always ask us to record videos and screenshots, which we have to send to them. They then ask us to check it has been resolved. When one bug is fixed, another one seems to appear. I am not sure how they are operating.

Thank you for your feedback. It breaks our hearts to read your review, but we're not running away from responsibility. We do nothing else but create the best platform in the world to manage non-desk employees. In the past 2 years, our company has grown 20 times, customers and employees wise. Some parts of the system needed massive revisions in order to be able to support the radically increasing traffic, and sometimes it took longer than expected, and getting there wasn't smooth sailing either. Nothing I can say at the end of things could change what you have already experienced. What I can tell, is that there's a dedicated team of people that spend countless hours improving every bit of the platform, even through hard times. If you'd like, I'm available to listen and answer questions. As this review is anonymous, I can't reach you on my end as I don't have your contact details, but you can contact me at chen@connecteam.com and I'll reply back immediately. Thank you again ����

Replied December 2022

Faith

Printing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

The UPS Store

Excellent, the support team is always available and can assist me with what I need.I would highly recommend this to any other companies, hence why we agreed to film the advertisement.

PROS

Accessibility and interface are excellent.This app makes admin side of keeping track of staff hours the easiest I've seen.It is particularly helpful when it comes to employees that work in multiple places/

CONS

Getting staff used to a new clock in system will always be difficult. Some features I think can be improved on (i.e. accepting multiple shifts at a time in job scheduler, easier schedule making in app)

Reason for choosing Connecteam

The other system we looked into (can't remember the name), but the interface was not as easy to get around.

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

The time keeping system had fundamental flaws and I wanted a system that could allow us to keep better track of staff hours.

Thank you so much for recommending Connecteam, Faith :) We truly appreciate your willingness to help us spread the word about how Connecteam helps businesses with a majority of employees that do not sit in front of a desk, to better communicate and operate their day-to-day :) As for improving the ability for users to accept multiple shifts at once, and making a better scheduling experience for admins in the mobile app - we completely agree and already have plans for those areas. Thanks again for everything :)

Replied June 2023

Natalie

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Pleased with the product

My team was hesitant to use Connecteam but it was so easy to learn! I love that I have access to it on my phone & computer - it really keeps me organized and I can easily stay on top of everything that is going on. Before, things would pile up quickly and communication wasn't as efficient as it is now. Any problem I encounter is QUICKLY addressed by customer service representatives!

PROS

Every feature we use has streamlined and organized my team for the better. The customer service is excellent and the ease of using the app & website is so simple! I really appreciate the videos on each feature - I much prefer learning it on my own and then sharing the videos with my team to help them become more efficient as well.

CONS

I wish there could be a combo package. While I primarily use Connecteam for "Operations" it would be nice to have some more than the free options in HR.

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

This was cheaper and gave us more options. I also like that I didn't need to "build" it - the structure was already there and all I needed to do was adjust it to our needs.

Thank you so much for recommending Connecteam! We're happy to hear you're able to get more with Connecteam, all from the same place :) Our Hubs are already extremely low-priced compared to other solutions in this class, but if you'd like a discount, we can talk :) Please contact me personally at chen@connecteam.com so I can assist you as quickly as possible. Thanks again!

Replied April 2023

Jason

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Best HR software that i've come across and by the looks of things they are just getting started.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant from the design to the usability to the support articles and videos to the customer service. This is a great platform and a great team and i'm looking forward to growing with it in our small organisation.

PROS

The simplicity and scope of the software. It packs so much in while keeping it relatively easy to use and administer. I'm really impressed.

CONS

I think the pricing model could be a little more flexible for 11 - 30 level organisations but offering a free version for firms under 11 employees helps a lot with that. The editors can be a bit cumbersome (the Text editor windows in many cases are small compared to available screen real estate). There is no auto-save so if you have connectivity issues, or have fat fingers when using your mouse... bye-bye work. These are by no means deal breakers though, just things to be aware of and I'm sure they will address these in the long term. The automation cannot be routed between different segments for different activities (e.g. employee signs this, then send to admin assistant to review, then send to the manager to sign. Again though these are by no means deal breakers and I'm certain these features will be added in the future.

Reason for choosing Connecteam

1) The range of features 2) The flexibility on how to use them 3) The simplicity and ease of use and 4) the strong mobile-centric approach 5) Integration with Quickbooks 6) the concession for companies under 11.

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

The range of features. Whereas employment Hero is excellent at what they do and Connecteam (CT) was not as strong as employment Hero (EH) on some of the Australian compliance capabilities, the range of staff rewards available and the integration with job boards. Connecteam had a broader and richer ecosystem of capabilities built in and many of the things that EH had that connecteam was missing could be created using the CT features.

Thanks for the review Jason! Our product keeps on improving thanks to our amazing customer feedback! You can certainly create an automated procedure with our forms using our status and notes feature ! Feel free to reach out to support@connecteam.com as we will be glad to assist!

Replied October 2022

Audrey

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Connecteam offers user friendly and efficient ways to manage a business.

Connecteam is an efficient app that has helped me build training databases and easy reference materials for team members. It is also an effective way to communicate with and assess team needs throughout the work week.

PROS

Connecteam is efficient and affordable. Team communication and training materials are easily accessed, and created without a large learning curve. Customer service is very responsive, and works tirelessly to fix software issues that arise.

CONS

The scheduling and calendar piece of the app used to be difficult to coordinate with google calendar, however, I have not re-tried this after new features have come out. I wish more administrative capabilities were available via mobile device access.

Reason for choosing Connecteam

Connecteam offered more data bases and training materials, as well as efficient communication channels. The ability to customize notifications received from the app is very handy as well, so users can be engaged when they need to be, but not inundated by notifications from their mobile device.

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

Connecteam offers far more organizational tools and

Thank you so much for your detailed review, Audrey! We know that the Google Calendar sync can be improved and it's already on our roadmap to make it better :) As for more mobile capabilities for admins - we're adding more and more with each app update on a bi-weekly basis. If you have any specific capabilities you'd like to see on your mobile app as an admin, please email our product team at product@connecteam.com so we can prioritize it :) Thank you so much!

Replied September 2022

Richard

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Connecteam is the winner.

It has been a massive time saver, if you don't make any entry mistakes! Our staff love using it, we get very little down time too. To be honest, the only issues we do get is on IPhones that need to update their OS. If the employee doesn't do it very soon after notification it can cause Connecteam to stop working properly. Even after removing and downloading again. Learning curve for the phone owner i'd say!

PROS

Excellent one time entry scheduling. Scheduling up to 12 months in one go! With either: weekly, daily, 4 weekly. 3 weekly, monthly or quarterly schedules. GPS location clock in and out. Very little usage of data on employee devices! Easy export to Excel for payroll management. Break down of all jobs worked on, plus rounded up time spent on say, "travelling between jobs". Makes it so much easier to manage our payroll when we use detailed itemized payment categories (Basic pay, travel time, commercial rate, mileage, holiday etc...).

CONS

It would be good when inserting a PDF or picture in Updates, you can also enter some text to go with it.

Reason for choosing Connecteam

Primarily the way the schedule job planner works. Connecteam is the best for ease of use and simplicity. Planday and Jobber were far too expensive, and we use our own downloaded PC based payroll software (12Pay) that works the best for us. So we don't need an all dancing all singing app for all.

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

Didn't offer the scheduling variations, and from memory GPS wasn't available?

Richard, thank you SO MUCH for this detailed review! We highly appreciate the time you've spent writing this review :) As for attaching a file to an Update - the way Updates work, allows you to add text and files as you see fit. There's no need to add a caption as you can simply write down whatever you like anywhere in the update. So you can actually create it as "text-image-text-PDF-text-video", and so on :) On the other hand, when attaching an image or a video in the Chat, you do have the option to add a caption as it doesn't have the Update structure :) As for iOS - All devices, including iPhones, shouldn't have any issues, especially when using a supported iOS and using the latest version of Connecteam, which is being updated mostly automatically on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. If you encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us over the live chat from your admin dashboard or app :) You can also email us at support@connecteam.com Thanks again :)

Replied August 2022

Robert

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

I am damn fussy and this is the closest thing to perfect I have found

Terrific Software. Only spoke to support once, they responded within a few hours (and bear in mind we are the other side of the globe form them) so very happy. We were purchased a high tier of the product but not the top tier, about a month ago they stopped billing us as they announced it was to be free for under ten employees. However, this software is a great contributor to why we won't be under them employees for much longer.

PROS

Our entire business is based around scheduling, we send workers out into the field and their tasks and shift times are liable to change with no warning. I sit at the desktop app in the middle of all the action and my team use their mobile phones to update me constantly. Lots of software does that, such as Deputy etc, but I liked the ease of scheduling. One you adapt the language (for us "job" = client and "user" = team member so it's pretty easy) It's excellent at long range repeated scheduling, and then altering the schedule on an hurly basis as things unfold.

CONS

There's a little bit on going in and out of the Job Scheduling and Time Clock areas, would love to be able to see both simultaneous of link them e.g. click on a past shift in Scheduling and go straight into any shift change requests for it that exist, but other than that, not much!

Reason for choosing Connecteam

we had an opportunity to move to BrightHR but I assessed the scheduling as being quite inferior to Connecteam, which is the same reason we moved on from Deputy

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

Deputy involves a lot of cut and pasting to repeat shifts. Got right up my nose. I have heard that has been addressed since.

Thank you so much for your detailed review, Robert! We appreciate your support and feedback and already forwarded it to our Product teams :) Thanks again!

Replied August 2022

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

ConnectTeam helped us transition from a handful of productivity apps to ONE.

We are very satisfied with the app, as well as the service! Thank you for helping us work through the initial transition and we appreciate your team's attention to detail. Our staff have adapted to using the app with incredible ease and we are looking forward to using this as a tool moving forward.

PROS

The user-end is designed for mobile use, so it's super convenient and easy to use your personal mobile device to stay connected with the team. There are so many time-saving features available that take advantage of the tools we already have on hand and make an impact on our daily operations. The mobile app is clear, looks great, and even incorporated our logo into the initialization window. Very professional.

CONS

Our previous scheduling software had quite a bit more clarity and control over schedule creation, shift swapping, time-off requests, and general management. ConnectTeam has a functional scheduling feature, which is honestly better than some of the other apps out there, but this aspect could use some improvement. As with any good app company, they have assured me they are continuing to develop this feature and will release any improvements in an update.

Reason for choosing Connecteam

ConnectTeam had more features that were useful to our operations and the pricepoint was within our budget.

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

We needed an app with a reliable notification system to ensure our team was on the same page. Having one app for an abundance of functions was helpful so we could consolidate our resources, saving us time and money.

Sarah, you're amazing :) Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review, and share with others about your positive Connecteam experience. At Connecteam, we do nothing else but building a product that helps companies manage their remote teams easily and efficiently, so as always, you can expect improvements coming out on a regular basis :) It's really great that you were able to combine so many other softwares into one and become more productive as a company. Thanks again, and please make sure to reach out to our team for more feedback and things you'd like to see in Connecteam :)

Replied August 2021

Rina

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Small Business

The support has been amazing. I had a live one on one with a rep that went over features that were applicable to MY business, not just a general introduction that wasn't pertinent.

PROS

I liked that it was able to support us as a small business, and not only for large businesses. We use the scheduling aspect, lists, tasks, and updates.

CONS

There are some features in the advanced pricing tier that I would like but am not able to access.

Reason for choosing Connecteam

It was easy enough for us to use as a small business without having to get too bogged down with features that are for larger businesses. SUPER easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

The other program was not able to support some of the added features like updates and Chats that we wanted.

Thanks for the awesome feedback Rina! Happy to hear you have found Connecteam to be easy to use, and with all the features you needed to enhance your day-to-day communication and operations :) We're definitely not just for large companies, in fact - it's the other way around! Connecteam was created as a solution for SMBs with a majority of non-desk employees. This is why we have a true all-in-one solution, fixed price plans so you don't have to pay per user per month, and why we put tons of time and effort into each of our customers, to ensure they have a clear understanding of how Connecteam can work for THEIR business. Thanks again for being awesome!

Replied April 2021

Raquel

Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

All in one with great services!

Scheduling Moving from weekly scheduling to Monthly Availability Increasing communication with the team Having an interactive directory is a plus!

PROS

The customization of almost everything made it user-friendly for our team. Also, the communication tools make it a great experience for the team.

CONS

Availability function in the Scheduler - It would be good if the users are allowed to change the Availability notifications. It seems that they get so many notifications if the Admin updates the Availability

Reason for choosing Connecteam

Honestly, their price, training materials, customer support, and tools customization of connecteam surpass all of them.

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

Connecteam offers all of those tool in one. Amazing!

Thanks for the amazing feedback Raquel! An easy-to-use, all-in-one solution to manage your employees is what we do! And it's great to hear that you were able to reduce the number of tools you're using, and centralize everything under one roof with Connecteam :) As for your feedback regarding the availability, we'll have a team member contacting you for more details so we can see how that can be improved. Thanks again!

Replied April 2021

Lori

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Great Experiences!

First of all we have been wowed with the responsive customer service from Reps who all have an expertise. We have found everyone we have worked with or asked questions of to be very knowledgeable.

PROS

Love the interface and its very user friendly

CONS

At this time I really can't think of anything.

Reason for choosing Connecteam

We really like the look and feel of the app and the way it presented to the users. As well we loved the features that makes it much easier for the admins. Also, when we would call for support with Quick Books Time many of the Reps were inexperienced and unable to give us an answer in a timely manner so lots of time spent with that. We also liked the reports much better.

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

We found it was not very user friendly and many of our field crew had issues with it. As well the reporting of hours worked came via PDF so I had to manually put the info in my own Excel spreadsheet which was a pain.

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Lori! All customer-facing employees in Connecteam are no less than real Product Experts! We spend a lot of time and resources on making sure that each and every one of us knows the product, the common use-cases, the main industries our customers are from, and more! We believe that's the only way to provide our customers with an excellent product and top-notch customer service :) Receiving this acknowledgment from you is a big deal for us, so thank you! Feel free to reach out to us at any time if you have any feedback or suggestions for us :) Thanks!

Replied October 2021

Harry

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Great software would recommend

I'm generally happy with it - the customer service is great.

PROS

The employee scheduling is so easy to use, it's a really intuitive design and you can implement it and get employees on boarded so quick with it

CONS

I dislike that I can't book 1-2-1 sessions for employees - a live timetable I can send front end to customers so they can book my employees out per session. Would be a great add. It's also not cheap price wise.

Reason for choosing Connecteam

I felt like it offered the best overall service when i used the free trial

Thank you so much for your review, Harry! It's great to know that you find Connecteam to be simple to use both for you and for your employees and that you're happy with our customer service :) Although Connecteam is an employee management tool, we already talk internally about adding capabilities for the business' customers to book their meetings directly in the schedule, so that's definitely something to look forward to in the future :) If you have any more feedback for us or would like to suggest an improvement, please reach out to us at support@connecteam.com at any time :) Thanks again!

Replied June 2022

Alhassan

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

No more slacking by lazy team members, cos everyone's input and activity gets tracked individually

The administrative aspects of managing teams can be very hectic, but Connecteam helps make it significantly easier. Preparing timesheets and submitting them at the end of the month no longer takes me a full day to complete; I am able to generate reports on the go and at any point during the month. Also, Connecteam's automated alerts and notifications allowed me ample time to make the necessary adjustments to make up for upcoming staff leave periods.

PROS

The best thing about Connecteam is the extreme ease of use. My field agents with low-capacity devices no longer have an excuse for not filling out their timesheets and liaising their activities with me and other team leaders. Secondly, the layout of the interface makes navigation between pages and functions very smooth.

CONS

I have zero complaints from using Connecteam. It exceeded my expectations more than threefold.

Reasons for switching to Connecteam

Different project, different software products

Thanks for the awesome review, Alhassan! It's great to hear Connecteam helped you and your team to save time and be more productive :)

Replied July 2021

Meghan

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Best Platform Of It's Kind For Scalability

It's been an overall excellent experience. Highly recommend!

PROS

I tried about 20 different platforms for workforce management before deciding to go with Connecteam to manage my 75 employees. I'm a part-owner and COO of a chain of pediatric urgent care clinics in the DFW area. One thing my company struggles with is managing so many staff members when our administrative and management staff work during the day, our clinic staff work nights and on the weekends, and additionally, our employees are spread across 4 different clinic locations. I've been incredibly impressed with the scalability of Connecteam--- they are the only app I've found that allows me to do everything from employee scheduling and new hire on-boarding to extensive employee training via videos and quizzes and even monitor and display metrics for performance in different departments. It's simple enough that it's not overwhelming in the way some platforms like Zoho can be, especially if you are a business owner who is setting it up yourself, but there are still enough options to allow you to do almost anything with it-- and they're adding new features almost weekly. By far, however, I've been most impressed with their IT support. FREQUENTLY I've messaged their IT via chat at 2am in the and received a solution by 4am. It's made me very happy with the platform, and when small glitches or issues do arise, I feel supported and confident that they'll get a resolution together for me quickly-- and they always have! I really can't say enough good things about this platform!

CONS

One thing I wish the platform had was a way for multiple people to input information into a field via the app and then see and edit both their submissions and other employees submissions through the app. Many times information will be submitted by my employees that I need other employees to be able to view and work on collaboratively, but there's no real way to do that now strictly through the app. For example, you can submit information via workflows, but to see that information in a spreadsheet, you have to log-in as an admin into the connecteam website. Obviously I don't want to give all of my employees admin access or train them to use the website platform. I'm hoping this is something they'll be addressing as they add new functionality.

Hi Meghan! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing and informative review, both for us and for the people that reading this review and can benefit from it when evaluating Connecteam for their business. One of our goals for 2019 is to add more and more capabilities to the mobile app, especially for admins, so you can expect to have the option to view and manage workflow entries from the mobile app pretty soon! Thanks again for the review, we highly appreciate your feedback :)

Replied May 2019