FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile Software Reviews

FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile Software Reviews

• icon"It is super user friendly & easy to use. I love that it can be used on a computer, cell phone or tablet and there is no subscription."
  • icon"It's very helpful in price guide to my industry and area I service. The options to modify custom and favorite items is great."
  • icon"Payment integration, Quickbooks integration, Customer history, customization ability."
  • icon"When they disappear at 7pm at night on a service call and you have to rewrite them it SUCKS."
  • icon"Does not dispatch, no accountability for tracking users, issues with lost information."
  • icon"The worst customer service ever. I have been trying to get the book form into my new dispatch software."

All FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile Reviews

Vladimir

Excellent software for invoices and scheduling

Pros

Integrated features such as scheduling onto Google calendar and ability to customize repairs, requires customer approval beforehand so that there’s no question on payment

Cons

Lags when synchronizing across multiple devices, sometimes doesn’t find previous customer service history accurately

Reasons for choosing FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile

Price and overall ability in what we were looking for in field software

Response from Coolfront

Thanks, Vladimir for the review! Glad you like the Google Calendar Add-On :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Stacy

Great program & great value

Overall it has been great, however there is a much room for improvment.

Pros

I love the ease of use. All of our technicans can easily navigate the awesome flatrate book, with its up to date pricing. THe invoices port right into our Quickbooks accounting program.

Cons

If you have a ship to address with a different billing address, only the billing address displays on the work order when linked to quickbooks. Also in the agreements section it would be helpful if when searching for an agreement to add onto a work order if that information was in alphabetical order, however its not, it is in order by when it was added. FOR us this causes much headache and wasted time searching a long list that is rather difficult to find items.

Response from Coolfront

Great feedback, Stacy! And thanks for the 5-star review!! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Matt

I like a lot but a lot is to desired.

Pros

Ease of use. Can be operated quickly with little experience. Like the part finder if you know how to use it.

Cons

I hate when it wants to update while either writing notes or searching for a part. I wish there were tabs in my favorites for favorite filters, types of freon, or belts instead of looking over my favorites 3 or for times. I wish I could add a custom part or charge myself instead of having my office remake what I've already done just so they can send it back to me to add it on my favorites. All of the other techs said the same about updates. Add them to the home page when available. Frustrating. Finally inputting carrier numbers usually calls for 2 additional numbers or letters at the beginning of a part number. If typed in using the part number supplied from carrier it fails to find it. If those 2 first numbers or letters are left off when typing it in it will find it every time. I have found this only on carrier parts. Thank you for your help.

Bryan

COOLFRONT has been a very pleasurable and user friendly software system for us.

Pros

We had tried 2 other scheduling software providers prior to finding COOLFRONT. In both cases the experience was stressful and was not beneficial to our company's production and therefore our bottom line. COOLFRONT has had 2 positive effects on our business. Not only did it solve our scheduling conflict issues, but also gave us access to new, up-to-date, flat rate pricing that has increased our bottom line and helped us become a more productive service company.

Cons

If there was one thing I would change about COOLFRONT, It would be to give ADMIN the ability to make changes to the cost of a part. When management feels like a customer needs a discount for that part or service, in my opinion, It would be much easier to simply adjust the cost of the entry that a tech has already found in the COOLFRONT data base, instead of having to make up a custom repair and price for that part .

Outstanding - flat rate software

We use the flat rate software often enough that it becomes easier and easier.

Pros

Flat rate makes the quoting easier. The labor, taxes, all included. That produces no arguments about hourly charges. As well, there are no part numbers on the invoices, just job numbers and task numbers. Makes the software less threatening to suave internet homeowners and business owners.

Cons

Sometimes the needed parts are not available. Need to cross search better, (need either part numbers or descriptive search). Some parts are not prices well, (a little over the actual - better than being to low.)

Lori

Good choice, but need some improvements!

Pros

Allowing real-time access to customer work orders and not having to keep up with "paper"work. I like that it syncs with our computer software, which makes it easier to receive work orders for invoicing faster for billing purposes. This will allow the customer to receive their invoice faster and allow payments to be accepted on the job site. The ability to be able to do that stood out to me and my technicians, making our jobs easier and more productive.

Cons

An improvement needed was to be able to work offline - sending and receiving customer information. Having the need for wifi slows the process of receiving work orders & invoices to the billing department from the technicians while they are out in the field.

Fairly User Friendly

For the most part it has been a good experience with Coolfront. Our profits and our price consistency has increased with the flat rate pricing. We have more customers paying on the job now.

Pros

Fairly user friendly. Creates consistent pricing throughout our service department. Can look back on a job and see which tech was dispatched to it. Upfront cost has lead to more customers paying on the job. Unlimited notes section for customers history. Paperless billing option.

Cons

Parts data base can be hard to navigate. Can't upload pictures to include with the work order. Discounts could be easier to customize. Frequent issues with glance backs. It would be nice if admin had the ability to change the cost of parts and if each tech had a separate schedule.

Gene Loflin

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Coofront

saves us from having the techs coming into the office to drop off invoices, saves the hassle of having techs run out of invoices in the field. Our over all ticket price has gone up as a result of using this product.

Pros

the ease and access is great. updated pricing is big plus. you dont need to buy a seperate flat rate pricing program this comes with it already.

Cons

Limited number of custom repairs, limited number of installations .

Response from Coolfront

Hey Gene! So glad to hear your avg. ticket price has increased with Coolfront's flat rate pricing. Awesome news!! Thanks for the great review :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Replied April 2019

Steve

Coolfront Review

Overall I like the simplicity of the Coolfront app and plan to keep using it.

Pros

Easy for both Dispatch and Techs to use. Good flat rate book that auto updates. Fairly inexpensive. Syncs with Quickbooks. Very customizable for different rates. Residential, Commercial, After Hours, etc.

Cons

Double entry required for Quickbooks entries. If you mark a customer paid in Coolfront, they show as unpaid in Quickbooks. Customer and Internal notes do not transfer to Quickbooks. Not enough equipment quote options. Need closer to 100 than 25.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for your feedback, Steve!! We are so glad you're enjoying the Coolfront app!! Stay Cool :) Kate @ Coolfront

Replied June 2019

Janet

March 2022

I love this dispatching program, it's awesome and you can find anything with a quick search !!

I love the built in /integrated pricing. Easy to find parts and pricing is already in there, parts, labor, all of it !! It's great !!

Pros

Ease of use...from A-Z, I'm a very happy user.

Cons

Can be difficult to use at first but once fully trained, it goes like clockwork.

Industry: Facilities Services

perfect solution for field techs (creating work orders, pricing jobs, collecting payments)

The price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably. Perfect solution for our techs to create professional, digital work orders, price jobs/quote jobs, receive customer authorization, and collect payments in the field; however, does not fully automate office (need to utilize separate software solutions for accounting, CRM, scheduling. email, creating service contracts, etc.)

Pros

it's exactly what we needed for the field techs at service calls. it's the perfect solution for family business/ independent contractors to create professional, digital work orders, receive customer authorization and collect payments in the field. The parts database and ability to customize rates/add custom installs makes pricing jobs and quoting customers seamless. Integrates with quickbooks for invoicing/accounting and coordinates with google calendar (what we use for scheduling) Also, it's affordable , it was something we could actually afford to try out with no huge comittment and ended up loving it (no subscription fees/pay per workorder). In addition, the price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably)

Cons

inability to add custom fields to work order template (i.e. there is no field to specify/enter model/sn# for equipment being serviced on the work order; we have to type it into the customer notes section.) also, need a separate CRM. although we LOVE coolfront for the field techs, this software does NOT function like a CRM so do NOT think it's a 1-software solution to automate your office/completely go digital. we still keep a file drawer of paper files and use google contacts/google calendar (which is something we aim to go "fully digital" with, but now that we rely on coolfront for the field service software it's been challenging finding a CRM to add-on that allows us to keep using coolfront for the workorders, payments, and parts/pricing database.) and, small thing, but when emailing a copy of the work order to the customer, it generates an auto email but does not let you type in a custom subject line or message into the actual email message (you have to add any notes into the customer notes section of the work order itself)

Response from Coolfront

Hi John - thanks for the thoughtful feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it all out. I'm glad you've reaped the benefits of more profit!! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

CoolFront

I love that we are using less paper. Being able to see, edit, and advise technicians about the pricing and notes when they are in the field and I am in the office (or even running errands!) is great. Having the past history to look at is very helpful. The customer service at CoolFront has been good when we have needed help.

Pros

We use the software on iPads with data, so I can keep an eye on the technicians and see real time what they are entering into a service ticket. We have it linked to Payzer for accepting credit cards, and I can also see that immediately, as well as get an email notification when the payment is processed. We also offer Greensky Financing, and that is linked as well. The customers appreciate that we are "green" and using less paper.

Cons

The search function for older tickets isn't always user friendly. I wish I had more control over when a ticket is archived. We have 5 years of back data, and when I tried to integrate with Quickbooks, it created a lot of headaches for us with the past data. It ended up not being worth it and I turned it off. I don't like that technicians can create different profiles for the same address just by forgetting to capitalize a letter or even entering a wife's name when the last time it may have been the husband's.

Response from Coolfront

Thanks for the awesome review, Chris!! We appreciate it and we are so happy you love Coolfront and have reaped all of the benefits. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Mike

Coolfront is way beyond all others in every aspect of their products and services.

Awesome experiences all around. If feels good to know that I’ll never have to research into any other programs because I’m at home with this one:

Pros

Coolfront has been, without exception, has always been way above the top notch in all aspects of their products (Apps, Add-Ons) and their services (Their in house Cutomer Service and all of their ADD-On’s Custom Service Crews). They have all been, every time I’ve had a need, been only a phone call away. It most literally felt like I was the only one calling them, as if I am the only one that has any questions or needs. They have always gone way beyond my expectations. Keeping in mind that I am a very small company- this very small fish has always been treated to swimming in their very big pond. I am looking forward to getting started with other Add-Ons like their mobile payment solutions program.

Cons

I’ve got nothing. I have not experienced any thing negative during my 4-5 years experience with Coolfront, To Your Success, and the Maintenance Program

Response from Coolfront

Wow, Mike. What an incredible review. We shared your comments with the entire company!! Thanks for being a stellar customer. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Replied April 2019

Coolfront in HVAC Applications

Coolfront has been a great additional to our company's toolbox. It allows us to get pricing to customers upfront and we collect payments a lot quicker than before we start using this program. We've been using it for several years and we have not had any problems with the software on our desktop or our mobile devices. I highly recommend it to others.

Pros

I like how easy it is to input information. I like that it shows past invoices for customers when you create a new work order for them. It helps us keep our pricing consistent between users and uses industry averages to keep our prices in line. I like that I get information about the jobs done right away instead of waiting to get it from the techs. I like that it emails out invoices, estimates, and receipts to customers right away.

Cons

I don't like how it syncs with Quickbooks. The difference between taxed items and non-taxed items doesn't transfer over very smoothly so I have to enter everything into QB manually. The search tool could be a little more user friendly.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for the fabulous feedback, Jennifer!! We're so happy to hear how Coolfront is a great addition to your company :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Replied June 2019