• Pros

• "I really like the new calendar look, it's quite beautiful and everything is easier to read and cleaner. Very easy to use too."

• "This app has very good and easy menu. You can use it everyday it has very good reminder and can sort important days from each other "

• "Great one and its easy for me to arrange my schedule....appointment and its a clock to me to tell what next to do....its really help..."

• Cons

• "The web version is great... however, the app can be a bit buggy for iOS as sometimes it would freeze up."

• "Setting up the custom alerts (described in pros) was a little difficult if I remember correctly. Other than that, I have no complaints."

• "Although its sharing features are great, getting to manage those can be a little difficult in the beginning."

Browse Google Calendar Reviews

Anna

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great way to schedule multiple areas of your life!

I work as a self-employed jewelry designer and metalsmith, creating and selling my work online. I, like most people have family, activity groups, passive income and other areas I need to keep in balance. Being self employed means I have to run a tight ship with my time. I use Google Calendar to do this.

Pros

I love that I can sync my calendar with, TickTick, Airbnb, Meetup.com, Gmail, Facebook events, and share specific calendars with other people when working on projects.

Cons

Calendar sync issue because of all the Google bloatware on my phone and the updated to the latest Android system. Since the update, I can no longer actively use my SD card storage. I noticed I had very low internal memory very shortly after the update, but had lots of space on my SD card. My calendar refused to sync. As a result, I had to sacrifice a number of important apps to use my calendar again. I am taking off two stars for Google limiting Android users space options, as it makes all my apps run slower.

Moved all my calendar activity to Google Calendar!

It's pretty spectacular so far, we're really happy with scheduling a hangouts video meeting seamless, booking coworker's schedule based on their availability saves time!

Pros

With a very simple to use, but so many advanced features, and it's awesome cross-platform integration and Google's G-Suite access, planning a schedule for me at least has become very easy and simple.

Cons

With all access to google platform and linking all the Google data in one place, makes this app one of the most productive, despite it being called a calendar app, it has almost every kind of service you need on your schedule, which is why I have nothing to complain about Google Calendar.

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

Advance options available, linking all Google services under one umbrella makes it the best app you have can for a calendar!

Holly from Freelance editor

Industry: Writing and Editing

Google Calendar for the Win!

Google calendars allows me to spend less time emailing and texting employees about deadlines and works schedule changes. It allows me to update one calendar that all my employees have access to.

Pros

I love how easy and intuitive Google calendar is to use. It's features allow me to easily keep my employees up to date on deadlines without having to cony everyone individually.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found anything about Google calendars that I would say I dislike.

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

Google calendar is free so I figured I would give it a try before investing money in a paid option.

Great, but the integration between calendars sometimes is tricky

Pros

It has all the functions that you would expect from a calendar. And some more - reminders via text message (which is wonderful for some events), push notifications on mobile and desktop, recurring events etc.

Cons

I am using both Google Cal, iCal and Oulook calendar. The cross-ontegration between those 3 doesn not always work properly - some data tends to be missing and sometimes I get too many notifications at the same time. I know that it is all possible for editing and setting it up right, but there is never enough time to manage it properly. That's why I feel like it could be more user friendly and help me manage it so I don't get 4 same push messages at the same time.

Teresa from Self

Easy to use Calendar. Free software that is integrated with Gmail.

Google calendar is my number one choice for cost savings and integration with Gmail.

Pros

Notification--It sends you a notification that you can customize to suit your needs Integration --It is integrated to Gmail Free--

Cons

A new feature should be added that it will link the calendar details to a document. Also it should have be attached to a task feature.

Best Calendar & Reminder App

My experience with Google Calendar is satisfactory and I have been using this for over 7 years for all my reminders and calendar invites.

Pros

The best feature of Google Calendar is its integration. It seamlessly integrates with other calendars and automation CRMS that most of the standalone software providers do not allow.

Cons

Google Calendar is still in its basic form and it can actually evolve into a meeting scheduler or booking app itself. I think that feature is lacking.

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

Well, Google Calendar is free and Calendy does not offer all the features that Google Calendar is providing. Though I still use calendly for other options.

Randall from Digital Transition Productions

Google Calendar Best Option

It has been an outstanding experience using Google Calendar. I used it, originally while I college, to track classes and homework. But now I use it to track my business in production and post-production environments.

Pros

That is is cross connected to all your other Google apps, including email. The ease of use to keep a calendar, collaboratively, allowing others to see scheduling.

Cons

I can;t say, specifically, that there are any features that are missing from Google Calendar. It has always worked well and is a very reliable application.

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

Again, Google calendar had always been on my desktop while in college. I just transitioned it over to my business.

Jose from Applisys SAC

Industry: Publishing

The Calendar you should always use

I definitely recommend its use, except for those who are not Android users, or have their objections about their privacy

Pros

One of the features that I have appreciated the most, since digital assistants emerged, through iPhones and Android Smartphones, is undoubtedly being able to better organize our time. Since I had my first contact with the Google Calendar, I appreciated its ease of use, the ability to share the agenda with other users, and the reminders. It is definitely a boon for work and digital life.

Cons

Lately, I've been experiencing errors syncing events hosted by other users. Although there is a solution that consists of clearing the browser cache, it is still a cumbersome issue

Demeshia from Scleroderma Foundation

Schedule My Fingertips

My overall experience has been great! This app allows me to organize my entire schedule. I have installed it on my phone and laptop so I have the calendar at my fingertips. Also the updates keep me with the lastest features. I really love the way the makers made the app really easy to use!

Pros

I really like the easy to use features. Like the notifications I can send to myself to remind me of a meeting, appointment etc. The color identitier which allows me to prioritize based on the color I assign to the event. What a great app!

Cons

There is nothing I dont like. All the features are very useful. I find myself referring to my calendar several times a day. I really don't know what I would do without this app.

Karen from Barry McTiernan & Moore

Love Google Calendar!!!!

ThIs software stores all my attorney's calendar dates, urgent for all calendar dates in the legal field. This calendar is so easy and practical to use especially for those who need to keep a close eye on upcoming dates. I recommend this calendar to all and actually utilize this calendar for my personal day to day activities.

Pros

All features are all beneficial. This calendar is so easy to utilize in all aspects and this calendat makes all integration concerning all existing business transactions so much easier.

Cons

Nothing… I love all features as this calendar is so easy to use and is a must have!! I have been using this calendar for many years and will continue to do so.

Brittney from ASTM International

Industry: Publishing

Much easier to use and more reliable than Outlook!

Pros

I love the layout of Google Calendar the most. It's easy to understand and it really keeps me organized and helped me get through my first job. While I was in school, I rarely had meetings. But once I started working, I had to plan my days around meetings - especially since I often worked with people in different time zones. Google Calendar is one of the tools that really helped me get through this transition. It alerts you when you have a meeting coming up so, it saved my life several times when I was so deeply focused on a project that I didn't realize hours had passed and it was time for my meeting. It also has better features than other calendars when it comes to invitations. If I'm inviting someone to a meeting who may be interested in the discussion, but is not needed for the meeting to go on, I can invite them as optional. This also relieved me when it came the other way around because my work load was heavy. This made it easier to understand whether I could skip a meeting or not when I'm really busy.

Cons

The only con I have is that when you're being alerted for a meeting, Google pops up in your entire browser window and stops you from seeing what you were looking at in your current tab. It can be annoying if you're working on something important.

Maria

Send Meeting Invites and Manage Appointments with your Google Calendar

Pros

With my job, appointment setting is one of my major task. Successful appointment should be managed by a calendar that has features that will provide excellent results and successful meetings. With google calendar, you can easily create a meeting by choosing the date and time and specify the location and agenda. This is part of the sales process where the appointnent should be documented and those who are included in the meeting should be reminded. With Google calendar, you can send invites to attendees. It will arrive as an email in their mailbox as an invite and to confirm their attendance, they must accept it. You will be able to see who has confirmed their attendance. Accepting the invitation also creates an itinerary in their google calendar, which would set as their reminder effectively managing both the sender and recipients' work schedule.

Cons

For best results of the features, the recipients or attendees is recommended to use Gmail for their email. However, some clients use Outlook as their calendar or Work email. For their work email, some prefer using Outlook to integrate rheir work email while some find Gmail as the best option to access and link their work mailbox.

Craig

Since 2017 redesign, Google Calendar is my go-to

Pros

Recent major redesign vastly improved usability of Google Calendar The variety of new calendar view options and app settings are a welcome improvement to get the week/month view that works best for you Very useful and intuitive adding of tasks vs. calendar entries, useful labeling system, meeting room scheduling, and more in one interface No-brainer for Gmail/GSuite users due to tight integration with new Gmail design, which adds Google Tasks and Google Keep in one spot Amazing selection of useful Google Chrome extensions to do just about anything you can think of with almost any other app you're using Integrates very well with popular email clients and web applications For apple users, the iOS app is great and since it integrates iCloud calendars, I've replaced the stock Apple calendar for day-to-day use (also integrates very well with Mac OS Calendar) Strong as a business calendar since recent updates It's free (though the GSuite version is paid, but adds a lot of features)

Cons

No dedicated Mac OS calendar application client (must use browser) Sometimes simplified new user interface can be puzzling on where to find some frequently used tasks

Jason

Near perfect for Sharing Calendars at work, with family, or both.

Pros

Love the ability create additional calendars and share calendars with great administrative features. For example, everyone in my family has their own calendar, kids included. Setup their school events, sports on their own calendars, makes it easy to assign who is picking who up, who is attending what event, notes, if you get in the habit of always entering the place, or address, google will automatically sync to google maps or Waze (with permission of course) so you don't have to re-enter the address for driving directions. Extremely customizable, with an endless amount of solutions.

Cons

There isn't much to not like about Google Calendars. If I had one criticism it would be of duplication Calendars & Holidays. I'd love to see some "smart filtering' meaning that if you already have Birthdays turned on in one of your calendars, if you have another calendar, or shared calendar with the same information it often shows up as a duplicate. In all fairness, its mostly a user setup issue, you can easily toggle off holidays or birthdays in calendars but there has to be google brainiac that could simplify the process.

Cynthia from Arizona State University

Easy to use and great for multiple purposes

Pros

I use Google Calendar for work to schedule my shifts and I also use a personal calendar to organize my events such as upcoming test dates and assignment due dates. I really like the feature that allows me to have multiple calendars as it is easy to switch between them. Additionally, I really appreciate being able to assign different colors to them as I am able to tell which events belong to which calendar (if I need to view two or more calendars at the same time). I find Google Calendar really intuitive to use, and I love being able to see how many hours I am scheduling an event for when I expand the details. There are many features I like, but having a being able to repeat an event (same work hour schedule for me) might be my favorite!

Cons

I share a workplace calendar with my coworkers. Everyone posts their shifts on the calendar and we can all see each other's shift/event. However, there are many of us and I wish I was able to pick and choose which events I saw. For example, I would like to see the shift I posted, as well as perhaps the shifts of my supervisors as I might need to talk to them. Being able to select which events I see would keep my work calendar less cluttered and I would be able to plan my personal calendar faster. It would also be nice if other people were not able to edit events that other people have posted (even though it is a shared calendar) as accidents can occur (such as a coworker accidentally moving my event).

Benjamin

Google Calendar is great for personal and business use

Pros

Google Calendar is a great tool to keep track of tasks, appointments and other obligations for both, private and business users. Another big advantage is, that the user can create multiple calendar, for example for work, school, private, clients, and so on. Each of these calendars can be shared individually. So for example I can share my work calendar with my assistant, while keeping my private calendar private. Sharing works also on mobile devices, there is a mobile app too. It is a great tool. You can even create invitations for events, etc. It is also possible to assign permissions, so that others can only read or read and edit the calendar.

Cons

Google Calendar is a great tool and it is free. It however covers mostly basic features in form of a calendar with the option to invite people to events. It does not support more advanced functions like for example the MS Outlook Calendar does, etc. However, Google Calendar is completely free.

Jon from Wodify

Best Calendar App

This has been by far the easiest calendar ever created and it constantly gets better.

Pros

This is the best calendar app out there. Especially as a Gmail user, it makes things super easy across multiple platforms and systems. The mobile aspects make it so ideal for on the go management.

Cons

I wish I can control multiple accounts on the calendar via Google Home. That's not a super important point though.

So many use case scenarios available with Google Calendar

Pros

Google Calendar enables you to do so many things. *Whenever you buy a plane ticket (by registering with your Gmail account) Google Calendar adds the date to the calendar with some more information about the city you are travelling to. *Google Calendar shows you the public holidays depending on your location as well as birthdays of your contacts *It allows you to add meetings as events, invite coworkers to meetings, book some resources like rooms or Projectors ( this is only available on G-suite business to my knowledge which is not free). *There is quick add button, where you can type events as sentences: for example - "6 pm tomorrow meeting with Frank". It will automatically add this event accordingly, so you don't have to click.

Cons

I would say the only downside of Google Calendar would be its design which lacks Material design.

July 2016

Lee from Weis Markets

July 2016

Ideal colaborative calander

With a team of roughly a dozen people who had to collaborate schedules, childcare, vehicle sharing, and a number of other things, Google Calander was vital to our ability to function. GCal made it easy to share calanders with multiple email addresses, control who gets to view and who gets to edit which calanders, color-code team member's schedules, and see everything happing, how it overlaps, and whether it works all in one place. Addiitionally, the calander has very useful alert settings (email, mobile, desktop) and integrates seemlessly with Gmail, GTasks, and other google-based apps. Combine GCal with IFTTT and nearly anything can integrate with the calander.

Pros

Sharing, alerts, integrations, and simplicity.

Cons

Difficulty connecting with calanders from other apps.

Olivia from Voicesifter

Easy to use and integrate

I like my experience thus far. It helps keep my thoughts organized on all my devices

Pros

Using google calendar is really easy and intuitive. They do not attempt to reinvent the wheel or make things harder than they need to be. I like the ability to color code and share with others, also I enjoy the ability to view on my iPhone next to my iCal.

Cons

Kind of difficult to move, you have to download a whole file and then reupload it into another program. While this was challenging, it was a one-time thing.

Google Calendar - A must have for any business!

Overall I think Google Calendar does what it says on the tin and more!

Pros

I like the general UI, and how the application shows any up and coming occasions. In addition, you can likewise set up alerts 10 minutes, 30 minutes, or even a couple of hours before the hour of your occasions. Not just that, you can likewise alter your schedules by adding different schedules identified with different applications, essentially, you can converge in different schedules.

Cons

Kate from Alongside (Formerly Qimple)

Shockingly Powerful - Recent Updates are amazing.

Pros

I love everything about Google Calendar. If there is something that it doesn't do out of the box, it's big enough that just about anything will integrate it. Last year they updated the UI and it is SO MUCH more enjoyable to use. With the new Gmail updates as well, having the calendar available on the side of my email has simplified my workflow drastically. I use Google calendar for work in my day job, my side hustle, and my general life. There is seriously nothing that it cannot do - and I don't know where I would be without it. In the Android app as well you can set goals and reminders easily that show in your daily agenda which makes keeping your day on track as simple as pie.

Cons

There is honestly nothing that I don't like about Google Calendar - it's heading in the right direction.

Jeremy from Richey May & Co., LLP

Google Calendar Helps Me Stay Organized

Pros

I love the how clean the interface is and the ability to easily schedule appointments, classes, meetings, etc. all from my phone. Something that is really nifty is the fact that RSVPs that I receive from people can automatically be synced to my calendar (this isn't the case for all events scheduled). I can include notes for meetings such as attire, whether lunch is provided, and things to bring. I also time when I want notifications to pop up reminding me of things I need to do.

Cons

I am not a huge fan of the "goals" feature and wish that it was more customizable. It will allow me to set a goal, but I struggle to find how to schedule it at certain times of the day. Additionally, I have had issues where I cannot check off completing my goal for the day and therefore affects the report on how I am doing for the week.

Old Faithful amongst a Sea of Options

Pros

Google Calendar has been doing for years what all newly launched calendar platforms attempt to reinvent anew. Surely, it has had it's ups and downs over the years as any innovation does; but time and time again, the functionality always wins over any new flashy or design heavy option with regard to calendar and time management. It benefits from the suite of products that integrate and surround it and its attachment to the number one used email option on the planet. Integration and function heavy wins over form every time.

Cons

Form. Google Calendar, as with any of its suite of products always suffers from form. While it is easy to use, design wise it continually suffers from continued use because of form. Design. When Google figures this out, their domination will truly be complete. Bring on Skynet.

Nathan from Dotcom Zambia

Best free Calendar that combines many features in one

Pros

The ability to sync with multiple calendars The ease of use on apps, you add an event on one app and it syncs everywhere Its a free easy to use tool Syncs all holidays and reminders and notifies me in time, have never missed a notification Works best with the Google Suite of Apps. Integration with multiple platforms and tools making it easy to add events from other platforms.

Cons

Reminders feature can be better and with more options to add details to reminders like lists or assign to specific people It lacks a dedicated app on Windows and Mac which means you have to use your browser to access it Doesnt work with Apple Reminders Though easy to integrate with other platforms, it lacks advanced features like the ability to add map information to an event The design of the web app can be a bit boring at times.

Ashish from Wipro Limited

Best to manage Daily Schedule

I am using this tool for my personal purpose and i am too happy with this google product.

Pros

I just love its new interface, it's sleek and fast. I am using this tool to manage my day to day activities, I have linked this tool with Todoist App, as and when I add a task in my app it syncs with the calendar app, and provide me with a notification before the task. I have linked this app with facebook birthday calendar, so it also fetches the birthdays of my friend and notify me in advance. In this tool, you can set up an alarm for a particular location too. you can set up a meeting in this app and it will send an invite to all the required persons and even let you know who all are joining.

Cons

Sometimes it misses the notification tone for your meetings. Other than this i havent faced any issue using this tool.

D'Ana from BeQuick Software, Inc.

Google Calendar helps keep me organized.

Pretty sure I put every event in Google Calendar. I LOVE having it all in one place and on every device perfectly in sync. Making sure I know what is going on and when is very important for my sanity, my business and my family, I love how easy Google Calendar makes it.

Pros

You can link multiple calendars with ease and viewing other's calendars they have shared with you is super simple too. I also like that you can color-code events to match up with whatever your organizational method is, which makes it easy to keep track of what event is for what project/person/effort.

Cons

Sometimes events that cross time zones get a little wonky and since I work with people all over the globe, that gets a little annoying. But generally that is easily fixed with a convo and some setting changes.

Austin from Elemerce

Keeps me organized with all my meetings!

Pros

Google calendar is very easy to use, and is a life saver in the business world! You can set up all of your meetings, calls, and other business dates all in one place. These events show up on your calendar, and you can set up reminders to tell you about the events. You can change the reminders to remind you same day, the day before, or anytime you would like. You can create Google Calendar events, and invite people to the event, and it syncs with their calendar! The reminders pop up on my iphone and iwatch when I log into my gmail account on my iphone.

Cons

The only bad thing about Google Calendar is you need a gmail account to use. If someone you are trying to invite to an event does not have a gmail, this will not work. Everyone at my work uses gmail, so this is not a problem!

Josh from Signal Interactive

If it's not on my gCal, it's not in my life

Pros

I use my Google Calendar for my business and my personal life and I'd be lost without it. It manages my daily schedule with lots of great features. Syncs with gmail nicely (meetings mentioned in email threads get auto-added or i get prompted to add to the cal, etc) and has great widgets for Android. I set reminders often and each event can have a kind of comment thread with other attendees. Integrates with Hangouts nicely for virtual meetings. I can have multiple calendars as layers, which helps too.

Cons

Not much to dislike about this, it's a really well designed calendar. I'd like perhaps some more visual customization options for myself personally (making certain events have an image background instead of color) but those are picky.

Christopher from Amazon

Very clean calendar application

Pros

Google Calendar connects with all the other google services. A main feature I enjoy is when my flights, hotels, and other travel itineraries are added automatically with reminders. This has made planning my weeks and travels much easier. Being able to import other calendars also helps a lot.

Cons

This con is mainly for the mobile version: At some point, the application was updated and the scrolling feature was changes. What I mean by this is that when scrolling through the weeks or months, it is not fluid. You can only see a the full month or full week. Before, you could scroll through to see Thursday through next Thursday or the 15th to the 15th of the next months. It was easier to plan out the end and beginning of months.

Victor from NetHunt CRM

Great companion calendar

Pros

Google calendar is a great companion calendar to your Gmail or other G Suite apps. It's rather straightforward an easy to integrate with any other calendar app you might be using alongside G Cal. It provides a nice overview of your meeting in whatever format is comfortable to you right now. Overall, its a great no-frills calendar app that's definitely worth using if you don't have a digital calendar yet.

Cons

Google Calendar is a great product overall, but it quickly gets crammed with events especially if you're using multiple calendars from different accounts. It's something that can be expected, but I wish there was a better way to improve visibility instead of simply turning some calendars on and off.

Sarah from Simon Fraser University

Google Calendar organizes my life

Pros

I use Google Calendar for everything: work, school, appointments, deadlines, social plans, reminders, family obligations. I don't know what I would do without it. The ability to add detailed information about events (location, starting and ending times, notes) makes it easy to keep things organized. The option to create recurring events is great for things like monthly bills and paydays. I recommend it to everyone in my life who struggles with time management or is forgetful.

Cons

I can't think of anything I would do to improve the functionality of the platform. A nice additional feature would be the option to change the background colour of the calendar, but this does not in way affect its usefulness.

Yusuf from Leadership Public Schools

Task and activities are much more accesible

Pros

They have recently made great changes to Calendar and the design looks astonishing. They have increased the producibility, compatibility across platforms, and added many features needed long ago. Setting availability, making appointment brackets, settings for the public or private view, integration to mobile devices are just to name a few.

Cons

One thing I still don't like is that the logo or the icon should reflect the number of the current day rather than "31" all the time. Because it is confusing to use the number "31" on the logo and the current day's number on other parts of the site/app. Linking to a date or time from other products from Google such as Gmail may not work properly all the time.

Lana from Moore Relations

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Best calendar app so far...

Pros

I use Google Calendar for everything - business, personal, family and even my cat has her own calendar. Creating events and adding documents is the best. I also love the video chat integration - some people you just want to see. The mobile app is the bee's knees!

Cons

I don't have any cons, but a few suggestions. It would be nice to add calendars from more apps, and an easier way to do it inside of Google Calendar (TripIt would be nice :). Also, for customers who pay for Google Apps, it would be nice have a scheduling feature as a customizable, shared link so clients can choose one of 3 proposed times to meet. And lastly, making the Goals setting in the mobile app accessible in the browser too... maybe as another calendar?

Best calendar out there!

Google calendar is an easy way to keep track of al your events! Emails you receive with airline confirmations, or meeting appointments will automatically be included in your calendar, it is the easiest way to keep all your to dos and upcoming events in one place. You can have more than one calendar so this makes time management so simple. Ideal for families who want to keep track of important events.

Pros

Automatically downloads important information regarding appointments, future flights, etc.. from your gmail. You can have more than one calendar, ideal for families!

Cons

Not every email in automatically downloaded to your calendar if it is not in the correct format. If you have too many events in one day you might not see them all until you click on that particular day.

Easy and Convenient

It's hard to juggle so many things to keep track of. Google Calendar is great for planning formal and informal meetings, but also for keeping track of things you need to do yourself.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and it's wonderful for planning meetings. Especially now that most of us are working from home, we can add a google meet or zoom link right in the meeting invitation and ensure everyone knows when these events are. It's also easy to integrate with other apps and to bring in someone else's calendar.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to check people's availability before scheduling a meeting. Too often, you can send out a meeting invite only to find that someone can't make it, but others have already responded yes.

Fantastic, Flexible Software with growing feature set

Despite spending time with Google/G-Suite products for over a decade, I am continuously surprised by the innovative features and experience that Google packs into this lightweight, browser based calendar/scheduling application. Always more to use and learn!

Pros

I love that Google Calendar, among the many other Google products, are bundled into one price point. My company doesn't have to shell out for a new video conferencing app that is integrated into GCal (Meet), or a way to include scheduling inside emails, video chats, or other features. Love this experience!

Cons

I feel like the scheduling aspect, when collaborating with others, needs some work. The new Google Theme, though colourful and enjoyable, can feel a bit childish at times.

Francesca from TruFusion

Don't need any other calendar of planner

Incredible. It's really easy to use and implement on your daily life. I use it for group meetings, 1-1 meetings, personal reminders, "busy" or "unavailable" blocks. I literally live off of this caledar.

Pros

Compatible with Mac and iPhone, intuitive to use, ability to set out of office with auto decline, mobile and desktop reminders, easy to set up recurring events and editing them individually, color changing, sharing calendars and scheduling large groups. Ohhh and reminders feature!

Cons

Sometimes editing an event can be a bit confusing on whether or not people got the notification? Also, proposing a new time can also get confusing. I've had issues in the past with people not receiving the invitation in the right time zone.

Mark from Elemerce

Organize your LIFE all in One Spot

Pros

This tool keeps me connected in business and personal life. My wife and I both have busy schedules so we create our own calendars with personal notifications, and then we have access to see each others calendars. This can link up to almost any other software or tool I use for work as well. I have multiple calendars and all of them are linked together through Google Calendar.

Cons

Notifications are important but I HATE email notifications. Yet this is the standard default. If I forget to remove an email notification then my inbox gets flooded with them. Why on earth do I need an email reminder? I already check it regularly and get push notifications. I don't need an email as well.

Jodine Theron

Fantastic and Simple Calendar App

Pros

The best thing about using any Google products is the integration with so many other apps and it works perfectly. Syncing is very good. It has lots of security settings for shared calendars and very easy to display on your website etc. I love that you can colour code different types of events and viewing multiple calendars simultaneously. It's also great to attach files to meeting events and insert notes so you know what happened at the meeting.

Cons

Only thing I don't like is that the cloud version has different colour labels than the mobile phone app... this makes it harder to get everything exactly the same when you plan to use all the colours for specific labels.

The Best Calendar Software Out There

Pros

- Integration with Gmail is seamless -- very easy to invite contacts that have been auto-ingested by Gmail - An array of integrations with web-conferencing platforms that make it easy to input meeting URLs - Push notifications on phone and desktop make it hard to miss a meeting - Ability to set working hours so no one can book outside that time - Ability to add an additional timezone, especially helpful when trying to schedule with other offices outside your region or clients outside your region

Cons

- If you are an Outlook email based company, Google Calendar may be more of a hinderance - Some meeting reminders may not fire if you are connected to the internet

Product is easy to use and very efficient

Pros

Easy to use - great add-ons that work well with the application. For example, I use a specific webinar service. I have an add-on that allows me to automatically drop in my webinar dial-in information right into any calendar invite. Very efficient as there are multiple ways to create invites as well.

Cons

I have had issues with Google Calendars always sending updates to users on Outlook. For example, if I update a calendar invite, any of my clients on Google Calendars always get the update. Not every update I make to a calendar invite transfers to my Outlook clients. I often find myself having to cancel and invite and recreate altogether when working with clients on Outlook.

David H. from IBM

Full-featured SaaS calendar app with Google integration

Pros

I've used Google Calendar in both personal and enterprise use cases. The integration with Google Contacts improves productivity by enabling new meeting set-up with just a few clicks. Like most Google Apps this is a cross-device SaaS tool that works just as well on the desktop or a mobile device. Most features are intuitive and easy to use. The ability to make meetings public or private is a bonus for event sharing situations.

Cons

Many online use cases, such as event registration, still only support integration with MS Outlook calendars. However, more and more online event systems, like popular SaaS webinar hosting platforms, are beginning to support Google Calendar.

September 2016

Patrick

September 2016

Great Calendar App

We use google calendar in my family and extended family to schedule personal and family events. The ability to share calendar data with other family members has been a great way to coordinate events. It is easy to setup and use and is easily accessible on my PC or my iPhone. I love this app.

Pros

Accessible on PC and iPhone. Really easy to schedule single items or reoccurring events. Multiple types of notifications for scheduled events. Easily pulls in events from other calendars and really easy to share calendars with others.

Cons

At this point I can't come up with any cons. Google has done a great job with this App.

Google Calendar Review

I've used it for years and cant wait to see what they come up with next!

Pros

Google Calendar syncs with multiple devices, apps, and software. It is easy to add outside calendars and share specific events publicly or privately. I really like the tasks and goals feature. The goals feature automatically finds areas in your calendar when you are free to work on things that may not be a top priority but you don't want to leave them to be forgotten

Cons

Wish we had more customizable features within the calendar as to maybe sync events to tasks instead of just being able to turn tasks into calendar events.

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

Ease of use and functionality to sync with multiple platforms

Overall a fantastic product

Pros

Integrates well with other applications. Widely used and easy for clients to accept calendar invitations, even if they don't use Google products. Love the ease of managing and sharing and the add by URL option. The extensive choice in calendar coloring is very helpful in organizing different aspects of life and work and other team members' calendars. Really like that it's easy to change the layout (day/agenda, 5-day, week, month, etc).

Cons

New interface doesn't allow for the description of a meeting to show in the "short view" and if you are not the creator, I couldn't even figure out how to find it. Tasks has never been helpful, although I wish it were.

Gilles from Ablaze Growth Studio

My daily driver because of its smart integrations with Android, Gmail, Google Assistant etc.

Pros

Google Calendar's power is in its smart integrations with other Google products. It automatically creates events from Gmail, it notifies me of upcoming commitments via my phone and it works together well with Google Assistant. I end up barely accessing the app itself as I get the information and can create events/meetings without it.

Cons

Google's integrations and smartness that make it possible for their range of apps to serve you in your personal context are also what makes them doubtful. Google reads your calendar and your emails, and even allows third party developers to do so. If you care about privacy, you might want to look for something else.

Mateusz from Squiz Poland Sp. z o.o.

Clean, accessible, the best on the market!

Pros

I'm using Google Calendar both on my smartphone and laptop - it's working as a charm. Really easy to work with, setup meetings etc. The design is really nice, everything looks as it should with a calendar App - organized and clean. I have my Google Calendar integrated with Slack and Trello - it was really simple to do that. Notifications are fully customisable - so you can rest assure that you won't miss anything important if you will setup this properly (which again - is really easy/intuitive).

Cons

I didn't have any issues whatsoever with this software - but if anything I'd say there should be an option to fully customise layout.

Dinesh from AlmaBay

Organizing you day, month and year made easy !

Pros

1. Google calendar helps to set appointments , reminders of birthdays or holidays , meetings very easily. 2. All the data stored is shared on cloud so you can access your reminders and stuff easily on cloud and any device. 3. It has collaborative features such as inviting people to some events etc. 4. Works offline also once it is synced 5. Has great apps for mobile devices and has a great website too.

Cons

There are hardly any issues with the service but one key feature of easy to-do list creation is missing. I had to install other app just for todos which is a bummer considering how complete the google calendar is otherwise.

Gilles from The Growth Revolution

Google Calendar is ... my life.

Pros

I'm a pretty distracted person that tends to forget obvious things quite often. Google Calendar is my grip on reality - it takes my out of my clouds and tells me what to do next (on the condition that I actually put everything in my calendar at the exact moment I think of it). With my Google Pixel phone I can even book calendar events by saying it to my Google Assistant - who in turn alerts me whenever something is coming up through the music in my earbuds. Also super easy to integrate with loads of other apps.

Cons

I just can't wait for deeper integrations with Google Assistant but that's more about my own luck of patience.