All Schedulefly Reviews

Scott

Reviewed June 2018

Simple, intuitive, restaurant-focused design allows seamless integration into your operation.

PROS

The software's ease of use means no training is required and this means that a lot of formerly time consuming issues - shift trades and shift checking for example - are so easily done that I have forgotten what it was like before we started using Schedulefly. The price is also fantastic. As is the customer service.

CONS

There is nothing to dislike about this software. FYI capterra verified me through my linked in profile and it is making me use my distillery as my organization. I also have Top of the Hill Restaurant and Brewery and that is the organization I use Schedulefly for.

Dave

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Simply Amazing!

We have been using Schedulefly since 2014 and loving every minute of it. From the first time we posted the schedule, and someone wanted to trade a shift - we directed right to Schedulefly. The ease of use for this system is absolutely amazing, while offering a level of detail you would find in systems costing thousands of dollars. There are so many cool features about Schedulefly - the one that we love the most is how the Company is run. When you call Schedulefly, you don't get sent to a call center with people reading a script - you actually talk with one of the 5 guys that created the system. In the years that we have used the system, we have called about 4 times, not for issues, but for adding a location, or asking for a little guidance on a report. Each call was answered by one of the guys and they were very pleased to talk with us, and guide us int the right direction. The system is so intuitive, you can be up and running in no time. The schedule is sent via text and/or email, along with being on the home screen for the user, you can view the schedule in graph (coverage) format, by person or by department. We have eliminated our manager log, as everything is recorded on the system. I absolutely love to tell our new hires about Schedulefly, and always get great feedback from the users. Rep. have created an amazing, value-added system - my review can't even do it justice. Thank you Schedulefly Team!

PROS

Schedulefly's ease of use is amazing. Amazing level of detail. Value-added reports, team messaging, system dashboard for all locations, post to one or all locations. Zero learning curve for new hires. Affordable pricing plans. When people here we use an online system they love it. Web based app for mobile device. Shift transfers and time off request take no time, and you can track for each team member. Hours and hours of schedule preparation has been cut down to minutes for every department manager.

CONS

Honestly, I haven't found an issue with the service

Ivy

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Nice and simple, but maybe too simple?

One of our department heads had experience with this software from another job, and he was allowed to use it at our venue although the rest of our team uses Homebase. That manager obviously loved Schedulefly, but the rest of our department heads did not prefer Schedulefly. The manager has since moved away and we will be discontinuing the use of Schedulefly altogether.

PROS

This is a very stripped down scheduling solution with a low-tech feel. I love the daily crib-sheet emails, showing the scheduled staff in a very simple text-based format. I think that the way employees can be grouped by the roles they fill is much more intuitive and user friendly than with other solutions like T-Sheets or Homebase. I like that the cost is not based on the number of active users.

CONS

Because our theater uses project-based cost accounting, it's frustrating that I cannot assign a customer or job code to a given shift. I prefer a solution with an integrated time-clock function. I think you can get a time clock with schedulefly, but it comes at an additional charge.

Dan

Employee Scheduling

Great, I recommend it to all my friends in the industry.

PROS

Schedulefly has made our lives so much easier when it comes to scheduling. The modern restaurant employee want a flexible schedule. It's not ideal for us, but it helps us attract better employees and we wouldn't be able t manage all the requests without SF. From my end I like being able to login and see who's working so I can manage payroll expense. SF is by far the best scheduling software I've come across in my 20+ years in the restaurant business.

CONS

I can't think of one right now, I will circle back when I do.

Travis

Reviewed May 2018

Solid, thorough, no b.s. frills, quality industry specific program w/ TOP notch customer service.

Already stated. It's good stuff.

PROS

It works, it's consistent, it eliminates so many unnecessary miscommunications, it empowers our crew and allows flexibility with scheduling across the board, whilst strengthening the teamwork mentality. It keep everyone accountable and connected without being invasive. The Schedule Fly crew are committed to their product and live it through their customer support as well as involvement in the restaurant industry as a whole.

CONS

Haven't found one yet. It is simplistic, functional and thorough by design, happy customer for several years now.

Leigh

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2018

By far the best I have ever used....

You can swap shifts by sending the swap to one person or offering it to all staff. All shift changes are approved by management via smartphone or computer and real time alerts are sent out. Your schedule is posted on Schedulefly and all employees contact info is literally at your fingertips. Awesome way to staff and organize efficiently.

PROS

Schedulefly is the absolute easiest, most obviously simple scheduling software for a restaurant EVER. It never misses a text to anyone, it always stays right on time. There are no complications if you have whatever kind of phone, Schedulefly works. You could have a flip phone from 2008, have no fear...Schedulefly is going to still send you real time notifications and send real time notifications to the management team.

CONS

The only thing I wish was that Schedulefly had more of a following. They put HotSchedules to shame, Schedulicity to shame, etc. Unfortunately, both of those software systems tend to be used more which I think is a shame.

Scott

Reviewed November 2018

Best Scheduling Software for the money!

The team at Schedulefly are always available and very easy to get in touch with. They are very responsive and I have not ever had an issue that wasn't resolved very quickly. This is my favorite scheduling software because it gives you the ability to do everything you need it to do without paying for a bunch of options that you will never use.

PROS

Ease of use and function. Very simple to use and allows you to get the information you need.

CONS

I cannot think of anything that has been a con with this software. It is very easy to use and gives me all of the information that I want.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Schedulefly is the best product and service on the market!

Used it for 12 years with no issues,love the product, cost and service

PROS

Ease of use, affordable and excellent customer service (which is rarely needed)

CONS

We have had no downside with this product

Reason for choosing Schedulefly

Wil Brawley

Josh

Running ScheduleFly in a College Bar

PROS

Ease of use, simple interface, easy functionality

CONS

At times too simple, and difficult to shift between multiple locations/

Dustin

Restaurants, 201-500 employees

Really helpful online scheduling

PROS

I really like how it easy it is to create very unique schedule that caters to the business needs. The website makes it easy for employees to trade shifts and stay connected to allow everyone to be aware of upcoming events.

CONS

I don’t really have anything negative to say about the software, all around very helpful.

Emmy

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

makes my life much easier

amazing!!

PROS

scheduling for a restaurant is difficult bc so many different people have different schedules and different shifts. The Fly lets the employees request days off without having to tell me the whole song and dance etc etc etc. Just helps on so many levels. They can also trade shifts very easy and all I have to do is approve. 5 stars I have been using this for over 5 years

CONS

no problems whatsoever. If I have problems, the owners are always available

Bret

Reviewed June 2018

I own 2 restaurants and Schedule Fly has made my life much easier!

PROS

Super easy to use. Relatively inexpensive for what you get. Schedule Fly has helped make my restaurants run more smoothly. I can't imagine not using Schedule Fly.

CONS

If there is one, maybe it's awareness- I didn't even know a Scheduling software geared toward independent restaurants was even available. For years I tacked Excel spreadsheets to a cork board. So happy I found Schedule Fly (through word of mouth).

Micheal

No Nonsense Solution

Schedule Fly has taken a major problematic factor of the restaurant business (no call/no shows) and reduced it to a rare occurrence. Employees can connect directly and the manager is not spending time fixing scheduling conflicts. They are very responsive and add a personal touch to business.

PROS

The interface for our business managers and staff is concise, easy to use and mobile friendly.

CONS

If there was more integration with our POS that would be beneficial.

Keith

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2018

User-Friendly for the entire staff

Schedulefly allows our managers to focus on other tasks besides changing and managing schedules. The staff can be responsible for their own changes, etc...

PROS

Not only has our FOH staff enjoyed the product, the BOH staff also has really welcomed the different options of managing their schedules on their mobile devices.

CONS

I wish it was compatible with our POS system to help manage early clock-in times.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Schedulefly has been great for my company

Schedulefly has helped our teams overall communication and helps keep labor costs in line.

PROS

So user friendly! Some of my staff are not very tech savvy and they love using the app.

CONS

I have no complaints. My only suggestion would be to allow for temporary schedule changes that revert back to the old schedule the following week. They may even have this.

Kelsey

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Monen Family Restaurant Group

Overall , it is very easy and helps me be able to create a schedule quickly and efficiently.

PROS

Very user friendly for staff to figure out how to use!

CONS

I would like to be able to create new shift "in" times in real time rather than having to exit the schedule I am currently working on and go back to the page to add in a whole new shift time.

Justin

Makes my LIFE easier

Being a manager of a restaurant with numerous employees, it becomes a struggle trying to keep up with every ones availability. Schedulefly has made it so I don't have to and I am able to spend the hour that i was using to remember everyone's schedule to actually focus on my work. Thank you Schedulefly Soulshine Pizza in Flowood thanks you very much.

PROS

being able to run reports. knowing when my employees have viewed their schedule.

CONS

not having an actually app but I am able to put the web page on my home screen