• Pros

• "It is easy to use and customer service is great. "

• "I like it’s a all in one software and it has some great features "

• "runs fast, clicks work well, does not get typically frozen. Dispatch board was nice to look at. We liked being able to color code certain jobs. it was visually nice. "

• Cons

• "A little tricky to get around at the start, but once you understand the capabilities it is awesome."

• "Had several errors and freeze ups. However problems seemed to have been resolved relatively fast."

• "I do not like how often we have to Housekeep. I also do not like how you cannot search for customers based off of serial numbers. But other than that, it is great"

Browse Wintac Reviews

Elizabeth (Liz) from Elizabeth C Crow - Information Systems Accounting and Finance Consultant

Customer and Tecnical Support Representatives are outstanding

Pros

It is a low cost alternative to others since you can purchase the license and choose to pay for the maintenance/ upgrades and support annually. You can own the license - you do not pay a monthly fee to use it. It does everything we want to to at this time and they are building on its features after moving to a new technical platform that supports the development of new features.

Cons

1) I wish the option to set a daily backup were menu driven and did not require a person familiar with SQL. That would make it so much easier and efficient. 2) We are asked to perform upgrades and installations. Unfortunately, the instructions do not always work and the installation is complex. Wintac suggests that a network engineer perform them. FORTUNATELY, when I get stuck, I can call Customer Technical Support and they know almost before I ask, what needs to be done. To me this sounds like an opportunity to intake enhancements for future releases of the software, and I bet it is. The Davisware people seem to have brought things under control after a rough few months after the acquisition and transition to v2017 and v2018. Good work!

Douglas from Reach Services,Inc. DBA OBrien Refrigeration

Industry: Facilities Services

Daily Use

Overall I have always been satisfied with Wintac & its support. Accountants & there unwilling approach to Wintac is my mostly trying problem. They seem to only want simple booking as Quick Books does for them.

Pros

Most of the time I think its a good program & excellent for its cost. Here lately with the upgrades it is getting more complicated..

Cons

I used to call in for problems & they could solve almost anything from conflicts to programming. Now will all the new upgrades they wont help with certain setups with antivirus conflicts. I understand it takes longer when dealing with other programs. I was much happier when I could call & get my problems solved with there help. It seems to me that in order for technical support to get more calls done per day they push off some technical problems. When Running a small company and wear many hats you dont have time to learn all the procedures to make a program work on your computer. I miss having the attention given to fully making everything work with your computer. It is hard to understand and solve other computer problems when you dont have the time.

Rick from Leto Plumbing & Heating

The best software for a small service company!

The biggest benefit I saw right way is my profits kept going up month after month. The accounting part of this software is great.

Pros

The software was a complete all in one. Very easy to learn how to use. Invoicing in real time at the job site. Looking up past history of a customer at the job without need to call into the office. No more needing to have Multiple programs.

Cons

Only being a windows base program. I would like to see it for Apple.

Reasons for Choosing Wintac

Wintac, does it all. Accounting, Scheduling, Payroll, and so many more items. With the best support team.

Jeremy from Trinity Electric LLC

Awsome program

Pros

I like how everything is wrapped in one program, A/R & A/P along with employee management, dealing with inventory, work orders being able to create PO's and schedule work. Keeping everything together is easy to manage jobs and material. Like that Wintac has workshops not to go to or call in for training. The Pro's defiantly out way the con's

Cons

Inventory management and receiving inventory needs work, Vehicle management is hard to use and understand. Didn't have good follow up once purchased, but has greatly improved in the last year. Not a fan of having to be charged for help or online webinars since we are paying a yearly licensing fee.

Reasons for Choosing Wintac

The functionality of having everything in one program.

Tavie from MPC Heating & Cooling

Software overflowing with problems

When we first bought this software program, we had asked a series of questions to make sure this was the right product for us. Turns out, over a third of the questions we asked and were told this program could do, was nothing more than a flat out lie. But they could do what we asked if we paid several thousand dollars more than we had already paid, to add in these features we were told that the software already had. We have been using this software for 2 years now, and are have nothing but problems. I am only going to list the bigger issues we have, mainly because, I'm not writing a novel here, just a review. -We haven't been able to fill our 2015 taxes so far this year, because our income and expenses from 2014 change every day. We have not been making any changes where these numbers should be changing in any way. This is an extremely serious issue, so far their tech support hasn't been able to tell us why this is happening. -When we go to look up a customer, more than half the time, the customer account won't show up, as if there is no account at all. Then, same with when we finally do get into the account, half of the service history is just gone. Most the time the accounts will show back up, we will either need to restart the program or open on another computer and then they will be back. But we have lost a few accounts to this glitch, where they never showed back up. -When writing checks to our vendors, I will put in the amount that needs to be paid, but once the check is written, it is for a complete different amount. This will happen about a third of the time when writing checks, and I have yet to find any reason why this is happening. -Taxes are not updated annually. Federal taxes should be and need to be updated annually. -There have been 11 updates to this software so far this year, each causing more problems, one of the most recent being, customer statements. Customer statements were printing the wrong amount due. -We have to run housekeeping on this software every day. Because if we don't, we are more likely to lose accounts, more reporting issues, more checks incorrectly written, etc. This software is junk. Their price makes it look good for what they say they offer, but with all these issues, it is a complete waste of money.

Pros

Nothing

Cons

Income and Expense reports changing for no reason, tax tables, customer accounts disappearing, reporting options are very limited, software decides to pay what every amount it feels like.

James from Client Technology Solutions

Not the best UI, but amazing customer service. Also, no Mac support?!

This program, albeit a little bit difficult to use, has quite a few of the features we were looking for in management software. However, as most of us use Macs, the lack of support for that operating system is disappointing. When it works, it works great. But with the lack of Mac support and no automatic updates is something we hope will be remedied with a future update.

Pros

We love having the ability to do all of our tasks such as managing inventory, invoices, and payment options all in one app. Its also very handy to be able to manage multiple inventories within the app. We also love the customer service! Theyre very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

We do not like that we cannot use this program on our Apple computers. Most of our employees use Macs so we have to keep a PC around to use this software. Hopefully, theyll fix that in the future. The user interface leaves a lot to be desired. It would help if it were more refined and a little bit simpler. It has a rather steep learning curve and even then, its still a bit difficult to use. The updates are also a pain. Theyre not automatic, meaning you lose time that could be spent working. If they were automatic, you could schedule them for hours when your business is closed. Maybe a future update?

Hope from Helm Services

Wintac

Easy to track job profits. Keep up with model and serial numbers of equipment with pictures.

Pros

Job profit analysis, ease of use. Able to keep up with equipment history.

Cons

Can not use the # symbol. Sometimes hard to reach tech support

Used in past business

Scott from Scott A, Gallagher, Inc.

Wintac review

I have been using Wintac for close to twenty years and it meets my needs

Pros

The ease of setup and the grouping of tasks

Cons

All of the small bugs that have happened in the accounting side

Karen from The Cleaning Advantage

Great Software

I used it for 10 years. Because it was a software It did encounter some bugs and crashes however it may not have been the total fault of the software as it could have been my computer. I probably had to call Wintac support a handful of times in the 10 years which says a lot about the software. They were helpful for the most part however if you did not have a service plan you would be forced to purchase one to have your issue resolved.

Pros

Very easy to use and has a lot of customizable features.

Cons

It is not web based. I enjoyed using Wintac for many years as it suited my needs for a busy maid company however I have made the switch to a web based application. If Wintac became web based I would likely still be using it.

Maria from Palone Bros Air Conditioning

Wintac user

Pros

That all our clients can be viewed in one place.

Cons

The reports on progress invoices is not specific enough

Michelle from M. Cary & Daughters Plumbing

office manager/plumber

it has been a good experience overall, the tech support guys are fabulous, and on the general day to day there are no major issues.

Pros

it is relatively easy to use...the dispatch board is great, just don't use visual placement mode, it will mess you up every time..!!

Cons

stability issues before this new version, reports should be able to be completely customized by zip code, dollar amount, city, generated revenue etc...you should have a list of search criteria that you could click on and then a list of reports that you can generate based on that criteria... it is very complicated to find the report you want now. and if you pull some reports looking for the same info you do not always get all of the info on the same report, you have to do multiple different reports to get all the info you are looking for. also, when using reports you often get the client name, but not their address or phone number, then it is necessary to look up each client to get their address to be able to market or whatever u need to contact that client for. you should also be able to search for maintenance service by item code, date of install, date of next service...etc new version does still freeze up, and the right side search bar under customer/job manager takes FOREVER to locate any text. Also on the customer/job screen under the email address bars is a tab labeled business... if that is for finding out how people heard about you shouldn't it be called something else..?? Like advertising...source of call.. something that makes more sense than business... i'm sure there is more, but i just can think of anything else right now...

Cooper from Diamond Head Plumbing

A little wonky, but very powerful

I run a plumbing and remodeling company. For a long time now I have been looking into software that combined our dispatching, invoicing, inventory, and did it all wirelessly. I found Wintac while looking around on the internet. There were a few other options, but none of them included all of the functionality I was looking for. Their sales staff was very good, and offered a free 30 day trial. This trial was very limited, and basically just a demo to show off the UI. It was enough to sell me. Everything changed after I purchased the software. The tech support was really good, but I opted out of their "bootcamp" plan that helps get you familiar with the product. I am not sure if that was a good deal or not. Either way, it was a very steep learning curve. Like I said, the program is very powerful, so there are many, many features. While powerful, the UI is clunky and unintuitive. The program has a tendency to lockup, throw error codes, and crash. A lot of this has to due with the dispatch screen. I am running a powerful server, and the PCs for the terminals are decent enough that this issue isn't a performance issue. I believe a lot of it has to do with using Microsoft Access as a back end. We got the dispatching and invoicing side of things up and running first. The web portal set up is very complicated, but their tech support handled it. We had several issues with the IP that we had to work out between Wintac and our telecom provider. Eventually everything got worked out and we were up and running. We switched over to Xcharge as our merchant processor, since they have direct integration with the Wintac software. It works fairly well, but it too is wonky. The interface between Wintac and Quickbooks works very well, when it works. For whatever reason, it often will toss out an error code, failing to send either/both the invoice or receipt to QB. This is very frustrating, but you get used to it. I have finally started using the inventory management side of the program. Again, it is wonky and unituitive, but powerful. You can have up to 20 different locations and manage each one's inventory separately. I haven't gotten there yet, but I will control each vans' inventory using this. Right now I have my warehouse inventoried, though it isn't an active one yet. I am working on a process where the guys request inventory, and it gets recorded as such. The UI to control all of this is strangely formatted and seems tacked on. Strange, because the abilities it has are powerful. Overall, this software could be extraordinary. It is held back by a poor UI and bugs. It certainly does what is promised, but it makes it much harder than it needs to be with the clunky UI. I give it 4 stars, deducting one because of the painful interface.

Pros

Power - It can do a huge amount of things. Wireless - The web portal lets you schedule your guys, invoice the customer, manage inventory, and get paid all without a piece of paper. It prevents double entry as well. Flexibility - You can set up your dispatching in a number of different ways and tag them with custom fields that allow you to sort through it quickly.

Cons

UI - The UI is clunky, and makes things harder than they need to be. If the UI were simplified and revamped, I would give this program 5 stars. Bugs - There are lots of bugs and crashes. There are things that can be done to mitigate these somewhat, but the workarounds seem absurd sometimes. There are regular patches that seem to address some of the bugs, but they often create new ones.

Jon from Kolb Mechanical Corp

Wintac

Pros

We have been long time users of Wintac, in fact, we are very early adopters of the software (~24 years) Development has continued to keep up with changes in Microsoft Windows and associated hardware. It is the life blood of our HVAC service and installation business with over 114,000 customer records. The capabilities & features continue to added. The customer support is far above average, specially in today's trend to move limited support offshore or email only. You typically get assistance in a reasonable amount of time that US based live support on the phone which is worth the price of the software.

Cons

The purchase of Wintac by Davisware leaves questions on what the future will bring for Wintac Users. Davisware has said they are committed to supporting and continuing the development of Wintac, time will tell. No commitment on being GDPR complaint from Davisware. Although our customer locations are local to us here in the US, several are residents of the EU. Sometimes fixes/patches to software bugs take longer than we would like but the do usually get addressed. Although part of the problem was caused by us, but part but Wintac is that in our case we have more information than fits in the regular customer page. This has lead us to put important data in non-indexed fields which makes searching for customer information much slower than we would like. This is especially exacerbating when on the phone with a customer.

Rich from Magoon's Transportation & Energy, Inc.

Not able to meet the needs

After 18 months we are still not able to get all the "known issues" resolved. They are very responsive to our issues, however, the team is unable to fix the issues, sitting the next version addresses them. Inventory was the selling feature for our small company, and we are still not able to figure out why when posting purchases, they mysteriously remove inventory, change pricing (revert to previous costs). Their solution is to reprocess the WIP, but that is not a cost effective solution. As one could see, this will affect financials as the cost of goods is affected. We have spent hours, on hours data mining the reports to find the errors within the program. We have 1300 customers in an oil and propane delivery and service business. Until we brought it to their attention, they were not aware the ticket printing did not work and caused the crash of CPU, resulting in complete data loss. They "rebuilt" our data over 6 times in the 18 months we have had this program, nuts! They have "fixed" the printer issues, but still we have crashes that require the shut down during busy times, but we have the process to avoid loss of data, and they have supported this issue by providing rebuilding data and such. Currently, we are unable to invest in another solution and have found work around to get us to be able to operate. However, the cost of hours, lost time due to crashes, along with the extensive work to validate financials has left us with a very poor overall customer experience. It is too bad, as their techs work hard to try and help. This corporation needs to invest in its product. We would have been willing to pay more, as this is priced for YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Pros

Ability to manage work orders, dispatch board, and customer job manager.

Cons

Financials are somewhat limited on reporting and ability to reconcile the cost center balances to obtain the adjusted trial balance., employee payroll has limited ability to provide what is required to report to state and federal, inventory management is a complete nightmare, with changes that cannot be explained, but some are a result of system design with many areas for error.

Patricia from McKeever Plumbing

I've been a Happy Wintac customer since 1999.

Things I'd like to see: Ability to use the Square app within the program for credit cards payments. Abiltiy to use the mapping app of our choice (Waze is my favorite) I thought someone asked at some point about a web based program. I've used that to manage Boy Scout troops and it seems like a good idea. In the Web Portal, when a tech has a customer sign the WIP, there is no way for the main computer (in the office) to keep a record of it unless it is emailed to the office, opened, and saved. Also, since this is the only way to save it on the main computer, it would be nice to be able to choose to have all signed WIPs automatically mailed to an office email address. In the Web Portal, it would be nice to be able to advance a WIP from one day to the next and to be able to look at "yesterday's" jobs instead of looking at the entire "last week". I hated rating you with some 4s on the survey, before the SQL thing, it would have been all 5s.

Pros

Wintac has very good customer service. They have always helped me with my problems and seem to be continuously working to make it a better program. I recently added the Web Portal and I love being able to check the schedule when I'm on the road.

Cons

I really enjoy using Wintac. My only big issue was working out the kinks with the change to the SQL Database. It was/is a little frustrating at times.

Delana from Medi-Pure Inc.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Wonderful program, great tech support

We really have had no major problems with the program it does payroll and invoices so it saves on paying a printer, you pick the format, how you want it to print, up loading files are easy to add to a specific invoice. Looking up jobs are simple and there are multiple ways to see what technician is scheduled for daily ,weekly or monthly, and you can run multiple businesses using one program. There is a lot of the program we still have not used. It is definitely a good program.

Pros

Any time I need help a representative can always help me. They are courteous and very helpful. The program is easy to use. Making invoices writing checks, adding technicians and sending statements are a breeze. The payroll program is easy to use. Although I have not used the portal yet. The Tech. support is great anytime I call, which is not often.

Cons

The only con is the updates, although they are no hard to do, they are not automatic and are time consuming when you have multiple computers. You can't use the program when you are updating so it is easier to do after hours, but then the Tech support closes at 5 pm. I have only needed them once when updating so I had to wait until the next day.

Ed from C.W. Schultz & Son, Inc.

Wintac Review

Overall I am a fan of Wintac. I can't say that it has solved any business issues. We are just learning about the portal. I am hoping it will be useful.

Pros

For the most part it is user friendly. The transition from our old software to Wintac was fairly painless. The dispatch board is user friendly. The WIP process is very good.

Cons

1. The browse feature to find a customer is not very good. The name must be perfect. 2. I don't like the WIP description writing feature. It's not in word format and does not allow you to easily write a paragraph or use symbols. 3. the PO writing feature is not user friendly. It may be us not using it often. We have been struggling with it because it's not user friendly. 4. Some of the reports are cumbersome. The cash flow report does not work and is not accurate. I called tech support and they could not fix it. They told me not to use the report. it was not a good answer. 5. I wish there was easier training with the system. The portal seems to be cumbersome. I am hoping that it gets easier once we get used to it.

September 2016

Lori from Luxury Home Care, LLC

September 2016

Still Learning

I researched quite a number of software options before we settled on Wintac. One of our criteria was that our software would NOT use the cloud - that left us very few options when it really came down to it. While the cloud offers a lot of convenience, there are security risks as well. We also wanted a lot of features though too, and we're not a typical "construction" business, so our scheduling needs aren't "typical" either. We run multiple jobs per day since we focus on cleaning gutters and pressure washing jobs rather than building or remodeling projects. So, we needed something was flexible, offered the ability to schedule as many or few jobs per day as we needed, track multiple crews doing different jobs, have accounting built in, and have marketing built in. Wintac has it all, and the flexibility we needed, while keeping our data securely on our own servers.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, marketing features, ability to have multiple separate databases (if you're running different stores and don't want to mix customer lists, for example), reports, accounting, and options to extend features if someone wants to be more mobile.

Cons

It does take some getting used to, and I can't look at multiple customers at the same time. Nor can I look at multiple screens of one customer at the same time. So it means that sometimes I have to open and close screens a lot more than I'd like to get all the information I need. Overall though, I prefer it over other construction software I've used!

Sue from Phoenix Mechanical Corp

Total Package

Overall we are happy using Wintac. For small companies the software package offers the most functionality at the right price point. I could not imagine trying to schedule our techs without the dispatch board.

Pros

We like the ability to use the same program for our accounting and job scheduling. The dispatch board makes it very easy to see who is available for jobs and you can easily move jobs around. We store all our customer information in Wintac so that we can go back and see what has been done at each location.

Cons

As with any program there are glitches which can cause problems. It seems that we need to run housekeeping before each time we run a balance sheet in order to make sure it is balanced. The last time I needed to call support there was a bit of a hold time. I have not had to call in a few months so it may have improved. Online documentation / training is weak. New features - it seems that all new functionality will come at a price.

Craig

Wintac has a lot to offer

Pros

Wintac is a very one step at a time program that we have been using for over 20+ years. The details for customer info and products for equipment and warranties is simple and reports are easy to generate. The dispatching screen is very customizable and tech friendly. The web portal is great for tecs to use in the field to complete invoices, make proposals and even add new customers. Great for the after hours crew. Lots of value for the price. Customer service is always available to help with any issues that may occur. Great for small to mid-sized companies.

Cons

That the web portal has limits that cannot be changed for example address spelling changes, customer name spelling changes, and no real dashboard for viewing the work schedule, it could be a bit updated to a real dashboard view. We also could use a multiple window view feature, I believe it is in the new 2018 version this fall.

Sheila from Easter Heat & Air

Industry: Building Materials

Wintac User Friendly

We are cutting down on our billing time because of the portals. This is helping our cash flow issues. We are also able to see our cost per hour of our service team. We have had this year more issues caused by Windows 10, but the Wintac team has helped solve them and get us back running when we have issues and are down. We are hoping 2019 all issues are solved.

Pros

Wintac is user friendly, I can train my new service techs fast to use the portal. We love being able to collect money on the service call and totally paperless. We love being able to track the customers equipment and warranties and Wintac has a great process for this application. We are also using the notification system recently and we are loving this feature as well.

Cons

We are a small company with 4 computers and are not able to use the double screen feature. I can be in the middle of payroll and have to get completely out to answer phone and make an order for dispatching a service tech.

MARK from Leachmans Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Works Great for us

We were introduced to Wintac about 5 years ago by searching on line and after a couple demo's, found this to be the best fit for our Plumbing & Heating Business. Really like it and look forward to being part of the Wintac/Davisware growth.

Pros

I love the fact that it is an all-in-one program and don't have to link with other inventory systems or accounting software. It holds a lot of information and I believe it is unlimited depending on your storage ability. I have had to update my storage a couple times in 5 years. Great over all experience and program and anyone looking to get into this type of system, it is well worth it. They are also growing and creating more options as they progress and the system is certainly getting better.

Cons

Kind of plain but efficient. I would like to see a better search engine for inventory and a drop down menu system as you type in the product to auto-search.

David from Ambient Temperature Control

The process of going paperless was made so much easier by picking the right Service Software. In our case that was Winatc

This software is very powerful and flexible. We started using it in November, rolled to a couple of technicians in December, and phased the rest in between January and April. We have had very little problems. The problems we do have are always related to our hardware or internet provider set up. Even in these issues, Wintac support has been extremely helpful in resolving. Accounting Links to Quick Books was a breeze once we got Wintac support online to help. There were configuration issues in Quick Books. Rather than sending us to Quick Books Support they accessed our Quick Books remotely and changed the settings that were causing our issues. They are really amazing at support.

Pros

Easy to set up. Easy to learn. Great support documentation built in. Wintac online support is really good at getting to the problem and resolving the issue quickly.

Cons

If there is a con, it is that it is not specifically built to our exact company needs. But, that kind specificity is only available if we pay to have someone build a software application proprietary and to our exact needs. That is extremely expensive and beyond the scope of what we really needed. The flexibility of Wintac more than solves these minor issues for us. The price was definitely reasonable. So, the price and flexibility make up for any lack of specific details that we may have "liked".

Dennis from GV Heating & Air, Inc

Industry: Utilities

Been using it a long time

Wintac doesn't solve any problems for us. It's only a tool to a means to save customers data for us. I can get that from a number of software outfits. To be one of the best, is to call me and I can explain my 15 years of using this software the pros and cons if you want to a first hand in the trenches opinion. It's mostly good and most of the ideas have already been mentioned before. Just not implemented

Pros

Has multi functions for office and field use, from a dispatch to data entry

Cons

Currently field use of Portal systems don't have a great search engine for inventory when entering 'Items & Amounts". Lately now they have new software updates and I hate updating constantly as we have technically challenged IT issues and now we no longer get helpdesk assistance from Wintac to do our updates. So I don't do the updates until I have nothing better to do. And that is during our offseason as I'm an HVAC contractor and we are weather related business.

Eddie from Autumn Air

August 2016

Great all around Service Tool!

We have been using Wintac for our air conditioning and heating business for over ten years. Overall the product is easy to use and new employee's train quickly on it. The web portal is a great tool too!

Pros

The ability to keep track of customers, technicians at the click of a mouse. Quick billing and less time for inner office employees to duplicate invoices with the use of the web portal.

Cons

Have requested to have some changes to the taxing for difference in commercial and residential taxing but to have it made is very expensive. I believe it should be part of the program as it is required by State Sales Tax rules. It makes book keeping complicated.

Phoeba from RC Mechanical

Wintac since 2000

My overall experience is good for us to stay with a company for 18 years!

Pros

It is all figured out for me! I like the support staff. I like the fact that the proposal goes to the work order then to the invoice. I like the way everything works together from customer/manger to AP to Payroll. The only way I would leave Wintac is if there was another software program equal to but less cost.

Cons

The least thing that I like about Wintac is sometimes having to wait to talk to support. Another thing is that we have 2 locations, and we can not work from either location without having to use another program to enter the location where the server is located. I also think the web portal could be a little more user friendly. It would be nice to give some incentives for long time users or loyal customers when purchasing.

Michael from Sierra Valley Home Corp

Wish it were better

Ehhhhhh

Pros

It keeps track of our customers and dispatches adequately.

Cons

Trying to extract basic data such as where our customers come from, what appointments turn into sales, etc is cumbersome. The ability to generate reports on lead sources, sales rates, service rates ect is difficult to impossible. Tech support is tough to get hold of, and our IT has had to get hold of them a lot as the program was not stable, especially after the last update.

Reasons for Choosing Wintac

Seemed like it was going to do what we wanted as far as customer data base, dispatching, tracking and measuring. The tracking and measuring was the part that never seemed to do what we wanted.

Dandy from Plumbing Master

Commercial Plumbing Use

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use and navigate. The administrative features is simple and straight forward. When we first purchased Wintac a couple of years back it was a step up from what we were doing previously however it was a little sensitive as in terms of having simultaneous users in 1 call would creates some problems and housekeeping would need to be ran several times a day. But since they went to SQL it has been running smoothly.

Cons

What I like least is not so much with the software but the availability of customer support. There is no real time customer support after hours and weekends. We are on the West Coast and if we did need support it would have to be before 3pm on the weekdays

David from Advance refrigeration and ice systems inc

Software grade

Easy to locate customers once in our system reducing office labor hrs , and overall it's been a good system

Pros

Ease of use, tracking history of equipment, history of previous service, ease of reports like sales tax , Accra receivable , payable

Cons

Can't send it to more than one e mail per work order when sending to a tech, like to our service mgr when he wants to review which tech is accepting job. Being forced to purchase an upgrade within 3 yr period even if our existing is working just fine for a small company of 9 And terrible customer support, many times we purchased an upgrade to receive phone and email support for a new employee and will be on hold for up to an hr and may not get an e mail response for days

Kathleen from Michael J. Looney, Inc.

Great Dispatching Software and Support Team

When I first came to work here 5 years ago, my schedule consisted of a clip board, 11 X 14" paper with columns. That is how I scheduled jobs for my techs. I had been using other scheduling software in other places I had worked and knew that it was possible to use one here. It took me 1 whole year to convince the owner to leave the behind the 60's and welcome in the new millennium. Wintac has been not only a great time saver but being able to reference jobs, techs, material and labor by pushing a few keys is amazing. Thank you Wintac for making my dispatching job fun and easy!

Pros

Scheduling is easy to use. There are various ways to arrive at the customer's account information. I like to access it right from the dispatch screen. Trying to find an address but the house has changed owner's? The "Job Sit Browse" is the place to find any information via street name, tech name or phone number. It is a great feature and saves time. Color coding appointments makes it easy to glance at dispatch and see exactly what type of appointment is scheduled. Need to find a work order number quickly? "Find Job" is the perfect just for that. Another great feature is the "cut and copy" from one account to another. It is definitely a time saver! The techs on the other end of the phone are the most patient and helpful. Great Service Department.

Cons

One of the biggest issues for me is that it is too easy to make double, even triple accounts for the same home owner. Either because of a misspelled name or someone hasn't taken the time to look to see if there is already an account made. It would be wonderful if the system had a safe-guard that would alert you that : 1.- the address is already in the system or 2.-the phone number is already in the system. It would avoid multiple accounts. Finally, the screen is too small! It is impossible to see all the tech and helper columns at the same time. Would love to see that improved.

Glendon from Quiktricity LLC

Need a LOT of improvement

We are a small company that was wanting better control over our job tracking and work orders.We are a little small to justify spending for an ERP software but Quickbooks just wasn't cutting it anymore. After searching for a long time we settled on Wintac. They have an excellent advertising and sales team. They would not give me a trial software so after much deliberation we purchased it. It was a disaster. We followed through all the helps and got it working so half. I was hoping to connect it to Quickbooks so I could continue to get the same reports for business tracking. That doesn't work. It is a 1 way sync and once it is sent you can't send it again if you need to change it. So then we decided to use the accounting side of it. That is even worse. I have not been able to yet get good reports that make sense and allow me to make business decisions on. Tech support can't help we have tried many times but after waiting 20-40 mins on the phone I can only contact them so much before it is costing me to much money to hang on the phone. I have tried to make this work for 9 mkonths and am planning to dump it at the end of this year. I am going to bite the bullet and get a full ERP like I should have up front. My overall advise is save your money. Any reputable software company should have a trial version so you can see what you are buying. I have now spent approx $6000 on bad software and have a year worth of virtually worthless books and need to spend that amount again plus.

Pros

Showing job profit margins at the side of work order, invoices, and proposals so you can see at a glance what your profit per job. Work order and job tracking.

Cons

Accounting is horrible. Vendor bills must be entered as a Purchase order. You cannot have multiple vendor invoice per PO so if things are back ordered on a PO it will not be tracked. Linking with Quickbooks doesn't work worth anything. Tech Support is very poor. There is no way of seeing vendor invoices that are entered whether they are paid or not without a separate report. No trial version to allow us to see how worthless it really was. No training available without spending more money on a worthless accounting software.

Brittany from Safe Home Pro, Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

Do Not Get This Software for Your Company

Pros

The idea behind this software is great. It has a spot for me to add all the information I need to. Technicians can dial in from their iPads out in the fields. Other than that... this software just raises my blood pressure. I can't write enough bad reviews about this software.

Cons

Everything. Mainly the speed! I mean if you have Wintac for at least a year and your company has a good amount of business, then FORGET about ever having a fast system that runs smoothly. Wintac's new update, oh boy... I could lose my mind. FORGET about doing a search of ANYTHING! The new upgrade no longer makes that mildly accessible any longer. Now it's TWICE as slow as it was before. And the moment you search for anything, it freezes. Wintac Support's response: This is the way it is, this is new software, it searches through the entire database, it's looking through all of your files, you have to narrow down the search to very small timeframes (I'm talking less than a month), you have to narrow it down to statuses.

Response from Intac International

Replied March 2018

Thanks for your feedback, although we are very sorry to hear of your discontent. At Wintac, we value your opinion and make every effort to use it constructively to offer you a solution complete with the level of service you not only expect but deserve. Given your explanation, it sounds like there may be some disconnect with perhaps how you have your system setup. This can be easily remedied via our Support Team and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to assist you, as we take very seriously any problems and concerns our customers are experiencing. Also, as you are likely aware, Wintac was recently acquired by Davisware. That said, please understand that we are in the process of reinvesting value-added resources to our software to make it increasingly beneficial for your business. As always, thank you for your time and business. We look forward to serving you even better in the future.

Aaron from Yoder-Stutzman Inc.

At this current moment I cannot recommend

We are a company in the Plumbing & HVAC Industry. We switched about 2 years ago to Wintac because we felt it was what we needed to replace our old system that had problems on their server based program that when messed up we couldn't do anything about. This was actually the main reason we considered Wintac because it is based on our servers not theirs so if something messes up we can fix it. If they switch to cloud based like they are thinking it will be really hard for us to keep them with how they currently work. Wintac is pretty decent when it comes dispatching, purchase orders, and one place for all customer information but there is a lot of problems within the program too. First off it messes up a lot during the day a lot of errors and different things. We have to run housekeeping & user refreshes a lot even though they say you don't need to do that anymore with this years version. Also with all the information we have we feel like the system runs slow especially when you do searches. When you try to get a hold of customer support a lot of times they either need to return calls or when you email them rarely do we here back. Live support doesn't work very good either because they just tell you they will let their engineers know and then next update comes around & no fix for the problem. The biggest issue we have though is with the accounting features inside the program. We do not like using secondary programs like Quickbooks & we were told that the accounting within the program was pretty good but it is not. Their reports change all the time even when we have done anything like add income or expenses. Also now with their latest update invoices that have already been paid are showing back up under A/P Bills. It just isn't sufficient enough for accounting. All in all the program could use a decent amount of work we will stick with them for awhile but if problems like this keep happening it won't be long. A lot of the things that need fixed have either been problems for the 2 years we have had the program or are problems that arise after new updates are put out but then haven't been fixed since the new update was put out. If you are considering this software I would only recommend it based off the fact it is solely on your own server you don't have to worry if their servers go down. Most other companies are ran on their server or are cloud based. If Wintac does that like they are considering I can't recommend them.

Pros

Dispatching, Purchase orders attaching to jobs, WIPs all in one place, based on your on network not their network

Cons

Errors constantly, accounting inside the program is horrible, takes a long time for things to get fixed if they even do,

Donald from Jack Frost Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc

Issues with the software

Even though they have been around 25 years but in the service field less 5 yrs - the software has several problems. We had made several attempts to help with issues that we have been having from the beginning of us buying the software. The use of the web side in the field is very slow and becomes jammed when using it. Now if they could put more work on the App version they have it would be more user-friendly. Equipment management is very poor where we would enter equipment model and serial numbers then they would disappear.

Pros

It is an all in one software and has a mobile app.

Cons

Wintac Issues Customer Login: There needs to be an example and explained exactly how the password how it should be set up. When my customers go to set up their logins it does not show how Wintac password set up EXAMPLE At the Sign up for your new account window Under Account E-mail it should explain the password parameters. Wintac System: PO Item code for the Vendors I have in Business Options checked (PO) Include Vendors Item Code and it is not printing on the PO Order. A/P & Checking: In Adding a (Journal, writing a check & anything with G/L account) Should have placed another column showing a description of Account description or have it where we can choose to use Division or Description next to Amount. Worker Order: Why is it when we are working in work order and want to see equipment - there is not a place from that screen to look up equipment that is at the location when clicking from dispatch board (we need to be able to get to the equipment from the job site not only from billing information. I want the ability to only see equipment for the jobs site we are on not all equipment unless I am in customer information area. I have one customer that has 2 system on each 80 cabins in the system so when I am looking at work order I cannot just click on that location equipment with going back out to get to customer information then finding the building and then look at the equipment. Poor time management. Task: Building a task the cost sometimes does not transfer from inventory cost and when I zero it out in inventory it does not remove it from the task (when I have it check to update task when inventory is changing) But when I zero it out in the task cost it comes back. Task: Adding in Items & Amounts If I am Adding lets say Freon and need to change Amount or Qty from 1 to 6 the price savings in work description goes away after I make the QTY change to the item (Does not update the price savings or add price) But if I left 1 in QTY it Stays. Task: When building a task from inventory the cost does not show up all the time or if I change cost in inventory it does not change it in the task. But if I change it sometimes it does not stay. If I change HRS/QTY it does not update on work description it removes task information. Equipment: Again we should be able to look at job equipment from Invoice, Work Order on the job site. We have to go out of invoice into customer information then equipment History I have customers with Multiple job sites It would be easier just from work order /or Invoice. Notes: There should be at job site SHOULD save in notes area at Job site and Customer information. When you save notes on the jobs site page IT SHOULD save it also at customer information in case of follow-up work. Saving in Notes are so we can use as reference no matter if new or old work order invoice Proposal. Email: Are Emails are going to customers Spam all the time. The Emails are how a customer gets their Bills. In the field APP or Portal The tech cannot change any information in the field if it needs to be changed ex-address, email, or name spelled wrong. Tablet APP In the field the APP is faster to use than the web porter. Using the web porter through tablet is like dial up (if you are old enough to remember) when standing in front of the customer trying to leave the job. My Opinion is to improve the App to input information quickly then upload information once it has been inputted will save time and easier to use. In the app need to be able to upload customer signature and payment information. Because ever little change made on the web porter really slows downs the time we should be doing something else. When we select a task in the field When the customer has a discount it does not show the regular price then the discount price like it does when doing the invoice in the office computer. APP & Web Porter: We should be able to input or change equipment on the job site SEPARATE from attaching to parts or task that are inputted. We should be able to select equipment we are working on but also be able to add or edit on jobs site! Credit Card: When we are taking credit cards in the field (there should email a receipt to the customer along with invoice). I do not what to here it is Xcharge issue then Xcharge said it is Wintac issue so at this point I wish someone put their big boy pants on and fix it. I have asked both Wintac and Xcharge and both had point fingers to each other. I know the receipt can be emailed because I have been using this way of processing before Square even came out. The receipt shows on the web porter when we run the credit card in field so it should be able to get emailed along with the invoice. Customer Info Field: *Note Box: It automatically puts in a note every time the pay and billing statement. I dont want this to happen I want to manually put that in.

Howard from NRH Electric Inc.

Wintac

Terrific for T&M billing or Bid billing. Our shop size is 6-8 Electricians. We've been using this software since 2000. I can go back to a job that we did in 2000 and see every nut & bolt we used on the job and the hours with the employees name. I back up all that data every evening on a thumb drive (18yrs worth) and take it home with me where I maintain a laptop with only Wintac on and I can update the lap top in less than a minute if need be. The backup time is only a minute. The program is rock solid and I rarely need, but if I do, their support team is amazing.

Pros

Easily configurable for different needs. Security and passwords easily setup to keep prying eyes out of different sections.

Cons

IF ANY, the accounting software seems like it could be stronger.

Becky from BUTLER HEATING & AIR

Wintac Field Software a Must for our Company

After, reluctantly, forcing ourselves to step into the technological age of in-field software applications, we now realize how difficult we were making our lives by continuing without it for so long. Our dispatcher has real time updates, customers have invoices and payments showing immediately, and our technicians can look up job history or schedule follows ups in very little time. Our company is able to instill confidence in our customers & stability in our income by completing the transaction in the customers home, rather than the old fashioned charge out billing we had used for years. We are quite pleased with Wintac Field Service Software and use it with our 3 service technicians. We had previously used Wintac for our day to day operations for over 10 years and added the Field Service Software about 3 years ago. Wintac has always had exceptional customer service. In our experience, this is what has set them apart from the competition and keeps our company coming back year after year.

Pros

Ease of use. Accessibility for our techs on customer history. Accepting payments. Real-time updating for scheduling purposes.

Cons

The area in which we live is rural. Our technicians don't always have service on the tablets, however, this is not the fault of Wintac. That falls on our carrier. Getting set up was a bit of an issue, but, again, Wintac tech support is always there to help even the most technologically challenged.

ken from Plumbing Today LLC

Our Company has been using Wintac since 2000 has been an invaluable tool.

Pros

The program is very user friendly. It is fairly easy to learn and will help stop you from making mistakes. We rely on WINTAC to keep track of information which is vital to our company. This program helps keep accurate information for ourselves as well as our customers. We are able to send most all of our billing out via e-mail , which is a big savings to our company. There are so many tools that are available through WINTAC that we still need to learn and utilize.

Cons

There are times when it is difficult to locate a file. When trying to locate a customer by address it will not always pull information up.

Adel from dbs Power and Energy

Wintac Reviews

I personally like it. The functions and ability to use it in the way our company needs it. We don't use all the features but thats the joy of this program, you can make it your own and use its needed.

Pros

I love this software because it incorporates everything into one software. My service team can use it to look up WO's or Inv's on the fly, use the dashboard to organize the techs jobs etc. It defiantly works in our favour

Cons

It is a bit tricky to get the hang of for someone starting out fresh with the software. It takes some time to get use to it but once you do, its second nature on where everything is and how things work together in the system.

Mike from Coleman-Mitchell Htg and A/C

Industry: Facilities Services

Wintac response

Wintac like I siad is easy to use, the only thing I would like them to improve on is the information section, when you look up say purchase orders, it tells you how to set it up, but doesn't really give you to much more information then that. The help center is great once you get a hold of someone, there hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, but as most companies are, that is when normal businesses are open and trying to conduct their activities. I think the help center should be open earlier and later.

Pros

We have been using Wintac for several years and it is easy to use.

Cons

The least thing about Wintac is that the price increase over the past couple of years, I believe it is excessive.

christine from All Green Mechanical

Great software

Very good software and easy in most aspects and when we can use it to its full capability I feel it could be awesome and do recommend it the support is great when you have it and would not go without it again very expensive if you do not pay the extra support plan.

Pros

we love the email and ease of contact with the customer and processing quotes and daily schedules, customer details and locations and ease of access to the data base

Cons

we haven't figured out a lot of it as we have had so many computer issues but I don't think the reports or maintenance schedules are very helpful and very basic. we Always tend to Have SQL issues.

Steve from Steve Smith Air Conditioning, Inc.

Wintac is the complete package for running my HVAC business

Very satisfied with the product which has effectively evolved over the last dozen years we have used it. Support staff have always come through for us and have been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

Everything we need to conduct our business is available including accounting and payroll. The few issues we have had have been resolved efficiently by the knowledgeable support staff.

Cons

No support available on weekends A program this powerful has a lot of features that take time to learn in order to maximize its usefulness, which is not a bad thing in the end, it just takes time to set it up for optimal performance.

June 2013

Delores from Mitchell Heating and Air Conditioning of NC, Inc.

June 2013

D. Mitchell/ Mitchell Heating and Air since 1983/ Review of Wintac/Intac Int'l by user since 1994.

Would recommend this software especially for the customer service side. There is probably none paralleled for cusomter service to this software, and keeping up with the needs of customers is what drives the heating and air conditioning business. Would recommend someone with accounting background be alongside the accounting end when setting up this software to interface with customer service side, if the plan is to use the accounting side of this software. There is, however a way to interface with other softwares for accounting usage, such as Quickbooks.

Pros

Very user-friendly especially with detail for customer based applications and equipment detail, plus reports for keeping up with up-coming maintenance agreements. Interfaces well with payroll and accounts payable for job cost. We have Not updated often over the years, but the customer help line has been excellent whenever we have used it. Many improvements over the years.

Cons

Difficulty tracking for accounting purposes for Income statement, but this is improving. The Balance sheet is difficult to follow since the account numbers are hard to follow within the reports. There is, however, a way to see detail with some of the reports that are available. Inventory is hard to follow, so we have not used that feature yet. Would like to see updates not be so expensive and the customer help line be offered longer than just one year. At first this software had lifetime helpline, no matter how many times updates were or were not purchased. A grandfather clause would have been nice since we have used this software almost 20 years now.

Joshua from Updike's Jerseyville Gas Service

Wintac

Overall, Wintac has been great. I can not complain about the program other than a few small features that I thought were missing. I enjoy using this program, and with a little bit of time to learn the layout, it is invaluable to our company. I would recommend this to anyone looking for this type of software. THANK YOU WINTAC!

Pros

I like this program overall. It is pretty well laid out and if your used to QuickBooks then this will be an easy transition.

Cons

The only issue I have had is that some of the layout could be easier to navigate. This program can do so many things that keeping it all together can sometimes be overwhelming. This may be mostly due to me being a newer user and never using QuickBooks type layout before. There are a few features that I thought would be part of this type of program that seem like things someone in a hvac business would know. Its possible the designer was not a technician or had the hvac experience.

Judi from Rossi Mechanical

Perfect for HVAC companies

It is a very user friendly program for dispatching, and invoicing for our company and we have been using it since the beginning - we hope the next big step will also be the same.

Pros

We have customer records dating back over 20 years. When a customer calls, they are very impressed with our knowledge of their heating, air conditioning and water heating systems - especially those that have not had a problem in 5-10 years and we have their information on file.

Cons

We still have not been able to easily set up an inventory and I pay for QuickBooks in order to do payroll and accounts payable.

Sue from BIANCO PLBG & HTG INC

secretary

ok

Pros

WE ONLY USE THE WINTAC FOR SALES, INVOICES, WORK ORDERS NOT FOR PAYROLL

Cons

WHEN WINTAC HAD US UPDATE RECENTLY TO WORK WITH WINDOWS 10, IT DOES NOT HAVE SOME THINGS WE USE TO HAVE, WE THOUGHT IT WOULD IMPROVE. WHEN I USED TO ENTER THE ADDRESS, EXAMPLE L'Anse or Baraga, I did not have to spell it out everytime, now I have to ( no scroll list ) only one line for tech name, it used to have 6 lines, when I do housekeeping, it was quick & you could see a thru z & done but now, it goes on so quick I hope it is working right, takes 2 seconds

Carl from C&J A/C AND ELECTRICAL

BEST INVESTMENT IN 25 YEARS OF BUSINESS

I have been in business in the h.v.a.c. industry for over 25 years my son joined me about 5 years ago and we decided to focus on growth to allow my household to continue earning and his growing family to earn a living, along with our employees to achieve higher pay to support their families. With the new software we are able to schedule more call without missing appointments and upsetting customers ,service techs have proper pricing,the ability to invoice and collect in the field saving countless hours of reentry of invoices to be mailed out latter and the customers are always impressed with the professionalism it brings.I could go on and on but the main point is it has been the most time saving money making customer relations investment I have made in my 25 years of operation.

Pros

to many to list

Cons

takes a little time to learn but after a short while its a very intuitive software

Christian from Midwest Property Services

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great Product and Even Better Customer Service

Everything from the customer service to the software is easy to use and understand. They have help guides that walk you through the process from start to finish. Just a wonderful product!

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate their software. It's very user friendly. The customer service is outstanding and I love how they can access your computer remotely to help you with whatever problem you're having. I've had nothing but positive interactions with the software and their team!

Cons

Nothing! Literally, I have no cons. It's perfect for our company.

Lew from Miesz Mechanical Inc.

Best bang for the buck.

I run my entire A/C business with this software.

Pros

All in one solution, Scheduling, Dispatching & Work Order Management, Equipment Installation and Service Tracking, Work History Tracking, Custom Flat Rate Pricing, Estimating and Proposal Writing, Invoicing, Statements, Automatic Billing, Accounts Receivable, PO management, Purchasing, bill paying and accounts payable, Employee and Payroll Management, Multi-location Inventory Management, etc.

Cons

Remote access and Mobile Computing needs improvement.

Brenda from MARK - AIR, Inc

Perfect Program for HVAC

We have used this system since 2007, every year it is updated with new features and ways to make our company run more effectively and efficiently.

Pros

Ease of use, multifuction, always upgrading, relevance to industry, customer service

Cons

There is really nothing to complain about. There was a time about 2 years ago while the company was going thru some changes that if was difficult to get the quick response I was used to with tech support. But that was for just a few months.

Sherri from Exteriors Associates, Inc.

Wintac Review

Pros

Ease of use, user friendly, functionality, ability to search jobs.

Cons

Need more options with reporting - should be able to select any field on a wip, as well as be able to select a portion of a field instead of an exact match. Need another field specifically for "Lot #" so that can always be selected (not as a User Field. Also need more fields for customer email addresses. When sending to multiple emails, it should be sent in 1 email so everyone on the email sees who it was sent to... not separate emails.