All Administrator's Plus Reviews

Connie

Great way to house student data information

All data is in one place and easily accessible and reports needed are easy to gain and print once you understand the process to pull them up.

Pros

That we are able to transfer data easily and effectively yearly. Also gaining information for teachers and staff is easy and quick,

Cons

Sometimes when customer support is needed we have to be sent to various people to help us, not all support can help with certain issues.

One of the Best Integrated Options Available and at a Reasonable Price

Rediker is a family owned company and it shows, and in the most positive of ways. Some of these bigger companies may have more resources but also an incoherent strategy a lot of the time. Rediker seems to know who it is and where it wants to go, and now it's just a matter of executing, and I see them doing just that. I cannot stress how helpful Rediker was to us during Covid-19. They released the Google Classroom / Rediker GradeBook integration in December/January, then in March Covid hit and we were just so grateful to rely on Google Classroom AND just dump the grades into the Rediker GradeBook, without the teachers having to double enter everything. That one thing puts Rediker into a whole different category, such that if you're using Google Classroom you really need to look at Rediker and see if it would fit your school's needs. It will 100% fit your budget as compared to any other system with the features Rediker has. Also their Support and Cloud Services and Sales teams were just awesome and responsive during Covid. Many competitors' systems in our area at least "fell down" at some point, especially those first few weeks, but Rediker remained rock solid the whole time, we had no outage or even latency the entire time.

Pros

The software is solid and reliable once you learn it and its quirks (like all software has). Training and Support are outstanding at helping you. It covers all you need from a SIS, GradeBook, and Parent Portal, and has some billing, accounting, and fundraising options. The huge recent addition is integration between the GradeBook and Google Classroom, that really helped our school during Covid-19 as did their fantastic Support and other teams. We were very happy to renew our contract with Rediker this year, they are a solid company on the right path. And they have perhaps the most reasonable price point on the market.

Cons

They aren't fully web based end to end yet (as are many other companies in its space). Of course all the student, parent, and teacher experiences are web based or with an app. But the administrator has to remote into a Windows environment, which is really just a minor inconvenience all things considered, and they are working on the new web based Admin Plus. Also their fundraising partner could be much better.

Reasons for choosing Administrator's Plus

Rediker may have the best combination of integration, features, and a reasonable price point on the market right now. Veracross for example has a decidedly unreasonable price point. FACTS SIS is reasonable but I'd say Rediker is ahead of / better than them overall. Community Brands / Senior Systems / inResonance / Ascendance doesn't seem to have a coherent strategy, they just buy stuff and take forever to integrate it properly. I'd put PowerSchool in that bucket as well, and PowerSchool still doesn't offer an acceptable integrated fundraising solution for independent schools. BlackBaud is the only true competitor to Rediker in my opinion, and it's easily twice the cost and much more depending on the modules. Both Rediker and BlackBaud have integration between the gradebook and Google Classroom, so to me if your school uses Google Classroom then those are your 2 best choices and it's just which one your budget allows for. I've reached this conclusion over many years of evaluation of all these companies and products. Rediker's Sales, Training, Support, Cloud Services, all that is exemplary, a very "well run" and structured company operationally and you see many others that just aren't that, including/especially some of these bigger ones.

Reasons for switching to Administrator's Plus

PowerSchool still doesn't really offer an acceptable integrated fundraising solution for independent schools.

Destiny

January 2023

You get what you pay for

Overall, this is the worst system I've ever worked in. There are far better SIS systems out there with advanced features and better integrations. The icon, itself, is outdated and the system back-end looks like AOL during the "you've got mail" era.

Pros

The price point of Rediker's Admin Plus is perfect for small and smaller schools — independent or otherwise. Further, account managers always want to be incredibly helpful.

Cons

Training is terrible and comes at a high price. Further, the system is extremely clunky and outdated. We were recently notified that we'd need to pay a $1,500 professional services fee to upgrade our system to the latest version Rediker offers because they will be doing no additional/further updates to the version we have. That said, even in demonstrating the upgraded version, we ran into bugs and other nuisances.

Reasons for choosing Administrator's Plus

Price.

Response from Rediker Software

Thank you for this feedback. Rediker Software is committed to creating great customer experiences and delivering results and value for K-12 schools. We have a lot of exciting updates and new products in the works. We will continue to work with your school to address some of these issues and make sure you are getting the most out of our partnership.

Replied January 2023

Patricia

October 2022

Long time user

St. Mary’s Dominican High School has used Rediker Administrator’s Plus as our student information system for many years. We have learned and used new features as they have become available. The wonderful and efficient feature of using the integrated programs is that when information is updated in the database it flows seamlessly to the other programs. We now: utilize on-line forms; maintain digital portfolios for student records; notify stakeholders of important information via text, phone, and e-mail; generate student reports and send them digitally; track attendance and discipline; track student performance on standardized tests; track student involvement in clubs and sports; provide a digital school calendar to stakeholders; and provide parents with performance information on a regular basis. Our challenge arose when we were charged with providing teachers with more detailed information about standardized test performance. Our latest project utilizes LiveBook to accomplish this task. While working with the LiveBook team we realized the potential for data analysis of demographic and performance information that was laborious in the past. LiveBook has enabled us to go beyond our original goal. Teachers and Guidance Counselors report that LiveBook is a valuable addition to their digital toolbox. The team at Rediker is knowledgeable, professional, and great to work with.

Pros

See the narrative below. It explains how we use the software.

Cons

Calendar on mobile app for ParentPlusPortal not working.

Carrie

Admin+ is the perfect database solution for our school. All-inclusive, easy to use & well supported

Everything in one place. Makes me more efficient and effective in my job. I use less paper and can do more work online. Allows my "clients", aka, students, parents & teachers, to be more independent.

Pros

The comprehensive nature of the software and ability to extract needed data quickly. It is fairly easy to use, for a database system. Customer support is top notch, always quick to respond and willing to assist. There are multiple modules associated with Admin+ and we use almost all of them. It is nice to have everything in one place without having to hop between software each time we need to run a bill, check attendance, run a transcript, change teachers class lists, etc. We appreciate the customer support the most!

Cons

Some limitations on data management and exports in terms of unique family dynamics. (i.e. split households) and between students & schedules. As an example, I cannot pull all emails of students taking AP classes into a spread sheet, I have to export names and search class lists by subject and update my name spread sheet.

Candace

Very good - we have had Admin Plus for 15 + years.

Pros

1. How flexible the software is for each user. You can customize any report, screens, etc. 2. The core support staff has remained fairly constant over the years and are very pleasant to work with. 3. While I have not been in a while, when I was a newer user I went to the training seminars - they were great. I especially found the evenings when there was time to sit with programmers very productive - I got lots of little things taken care of during those times.

Cons

1. How flexible the software is for each user! Often after updates some specs need to be "touched" for users. 2. While understandable, at the busy times of year is it hard to get through to support. 3. We are Cloud hosted, and some processes seem slow. 4. The Silverlight/HTML5 issue has been a strain. While much better now, we lost some trust with the teachers over this.

Rosanne

Generally good! And if I have trouble, tech support is fantastic.

integration with gradebook and portal; notify for easy calling/texting.emailing - one version of the truth!

Pros

Company is responsive to input and feedback. Generally easy to use. Meets needs of all the variety of constituents. integration with plusportals is great.

Cons

report writer coding is painful! - Sometimes it seems that the modules were written by different people as they don't "act" similarly. - Too many clicks to get to one thing. - printing reports when using weblink is difficult. Would like more training videos.

Jo Ann

comprehensive, multiple features

Integrated scheduling and reporting

Pros

Excellent customer support for any type of problem, although wait times can be long. There are many features that can be used - report cards, transcripts, scheduling.

Cons

It can be so convoluted to use, not intuitive or user friendly. F-1, F-6 keys. For example, the system tells you that someone else is logged in as supervisor, even though what happened is the internet failed and the system dropped rather than being closed properly.

Carol

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

June 2022

I tell everyone how user friendly it is.

From the day I started using it, I found it easy to understand, user friendly.

Pros

Ease of use, easy data entry, and now with registrations much easier , updating student profiles is easy now that we use it.

Cons

Having to put in course/Sections. I wish there was an easier way to do this.

Michelle

November 2022

Not for Private Schools

Administrator's Plus seems designed for public schools or school districts, not private schools. Customer service is slow to respond and can't always provide an answer.

Pros

Administrator's Plus is able to integrate with software that we currently use making the flow of data easier.

Cons

Tasks are cumbersome and involve multiple steps. The Parent Portal provides valuable information but is difficult to access, slow to respond and not very user friendly.

August 2022

Capable But Clunky

Pros

Administrator's Plus integrated all our school data cleanly and efficiently: schedules, student information, classroom assignments were all connected and kept in sync.

Cons

While it was cloud-based, Administrator's Plus felt clunky for a modern web-based product. While the backend was powerful, the front-end, especially for the accompanying teacher and parent products, was not inviting or intuitive.

Jeff

June 2014

Administrator's Plus

There is probably not enough space to write about how amazing Administrator's Plus (Admin Plus as its referred to at our school) is. Whether talking about all the features and components that Admin Plus has to the second to none tech support, Admin Plus holds a critical role in supporting the mission of our school. Having used Administrator's Plus since the "days of DOS" to the present utilizing Administrator's Plus cloud based features, Rediker continues to develop and evolve to maintain itself as a leader in school information systems. The Rediker team is in tune with the needs and wants of school administrators and support staff and develop programs that are relevant and practical for school administrators. Administrator's Plus has an easy to use interface. Many options and features can be accessed in multiple ways (using keyboard shortcuts, using right click on the mouse, using a menu item at the top of the screen, etc) which allows for users with different skill levels to access and enter information in a way they are comfortable with. There are hundreds of customizable reports that can be generated. These reports also have the capability to be emailed directly from within Administrator's Plus. If more customizable data is needed for third party programs or uploads, don't worry, all data can be easily exported to customizable excel spreadsheets. Another great feature is the portfolio option. This attaches any kind of document/picture/graphic to a student's or staff member's record. Can we say the inevitable paperless office! Lastly, you cannot mention Administrator's Plus without talking about the Rediker customer support and customer relationships. The tech support is very responsive and helpful. They patiently can walk you through any module of Administrator's Plus and even remote in to help more complicated questions or issues that might arise. Through tech support, road shows, and general communications, Rediker values their relationships with their customers. The roadshows that are intended for prospective customers are often attended by current Rediker customers. I am not sure of many other companies would feel that confident of their product that they would risk that. Overall, Administrator's Plus is an amazing product. I would highly recommend this to any school of any size. The program is completely customizable for the school with a student population of 150 or 3,000!

Tina`

It meets my needs and allows be to function efficiently.

I am able to track all my student and staff data and information. And then I'm able to extract data to be used for other parts of my job. So basically, this software allows me to function and do my job.

Pros

The Lookup feature and the Export to Excel feature -- and so of course, everything else between those that make my work very possible. i appreciate the big task that goes into creating an SIS; but that you are able to respond to our needs outside of the database such as exporting data is a boon.

Cons

That the Lookup cannot be used to enter data as one would Excel. I know, it's a future feature, maybe -- which goes to show that I've found little that I do not like about the software. There is the Schedule Builder which I really do not enjoy working on -- but then scheduling is a beast in itself -- so it's not necessarily the software per se. And then there is the Contacts Database -- that, I do not comprehend what you're aiming for in that one.

Obaida

May 2014

Admin Plus: More Awesome Than Time-Travel

Rediker is awesome. Moving to Admin Plus was one of the best decisions we ever made. Our old SIS was like using a broken abacus. In the mud. With your feet. Admin Plus is like having a DeLorean with a flux capacitor that goes 88 mph (Hoverboard sold separately). This is only our second year using the program but it has already vastly improved many areas of our work from report cards to registration and everything in between. We have the power and flexibility to quickly access information in ways that were impossible back in the stone-tablet-and-chisel days before we adopted Admin Plus. The reaction from my co-workers when showing them features of the software is often the same shock and amazement that street magicians get (except maybe with slightly-less profanity). As great as Admin Plus is, what truly sets Rediker apart is their amazing staff. I've never seen this level of support, responsiveness and helpfulness from any other company. I can probably name 20 of their employees because of how often I have corresponded with them and because the positive experience has stuck in my head (I'm mystified that they haven't blocked my e-mails and phone calls given how often I bother them). Our trainer, Cloid, has spent more time teaching me the software outside of our scheduled training sessions than he has during them (and often responds to my ridiculously-late-night e-mails in minutes). I've received phone calls from Sharon, a support representative, hours after she got off work because she got the answer to my question and didn't want me to wait until morning to receive it. I once e-mailed Rediker's CEO, Rich, at 1:38am on a Saturday morning telling him we could not access Admin Plus. I got a response at 8:48am on the same day telling me the issue was fixed, explaining what happened and what steps would be taken to prevent this from happening in the future. Seriously, who does that? Rediker does and it's the reason we love working with them and have purchased more of their products. Thanks for making fantastic products and for forcing me to modify my long-running "customer service is dead" decree. It now reads, "Why can't the rest of you people be more like Rediker?"

Jarryd

Very accomodating support team that makes the chnges we neeed when we need them!

Having a centralied database with the capabilities of this program allws us the ability to have more fluid work flows and generate reports quickly.

Pros

My favorite part of the software is the portabilty when using the app. As an administrator, you need access to information when you are out in thebuidingor elsewhere on campus. Pair that portability with the multiple services offered and you have the total package for an LMS and databse combination. Very pleased with this program.

Cons

If there was a con for this software, I would say it is the inability to respond to parent generated emails from the plus portals side of tghe program. When they send it from the system, you cant reply directly. Very small gripe considering the communication benefit.

Joseph

September 2015

Not as integrated as one would hope. Needs a redesign

Our school has been using Admin Plus, Teacher's Plus Gradebook, Plus Portals, and Forms for three years. The first impressions is that different modules have different look and feel. I believe that Rediker has developed software for years but hasn't taken the time to redesign some older modules to work with recent ones. Some newer modules (i.e Portals) work better than older ones. Some modules don't communicate with each other at all which is very frustrating. The underlying database seems to have enough fields and capabilities to be able to accommodate our school. However, in order to customize screens you basically have to go into "programming" mode that is not very intuitive for end users. We have to provide a full-time person to write reports because it is a very technical task. When doing lookups of data, the options are very limited. AdminPlus is pretty slow as we are running the cloud option. After a while this becomes annoying because of the extra seconds on every click that users must go through. Whenever you are trying to do Excel exports or you want to upload files to the portfolio, the files must be placed on a temporary server located at their location. It adds an extra unnecessary step. As a matter of fact, the software is full of unnecessary steps. To first log on in the morning, you have to go to four different screens. When you are finally logged in, you have to go and close the other two windows that the program left open in the logon process. I have to say that technical support is pretty good. They are accessible and knowledgeable. However, we find ourselves having to call them way more than we would wish. The pricing is confusing. Between last year and this year they changed our pricing from school to a per student pricing. We originally bought this software because it was cheaper than Blackbaud. However, I feel that with the nickel and diming in our bills, I am not sure we are saving money. Purchasing a whole school system is a difficult process. We are now in the process of deciding whether to bite the bullet and change again to something else. I wish we would have seen more than the "demo" when we first purchased. The little things about this software will ruin your work day. This is death by a thousand cuts.

Response from Rediker Software

Joseph, thank you for your frank and incisive observations. User feedback has always been an essential driver behind Rediker Software¿s product development, service delivery model, and pricing options. You have clearly seen that our newest offerings represent significant strides forward. PlusPortals in particular demonstrates our commitment to providing the best possible software for schools, families and communities. We are working on the challenging and time intensive project of moving all of our systems, including AdminPlus, to next generation web platforms. Obviously, this is