• Pros

• "The tech support is outstanding. No problem is too small. They are always polite and courteous. The in-services they offer are also very helpful. "

• "We love the support we receive. Admin Plus' just in time training videos are also very helpful, especially at beginning and end of school year."

• "I love the Lookup feature and Excel Integration features. I also love the online forms and am always finding new ways to use it."

• Cons

• "The price is somewhat high. The wait time for support can be a little lengthy. Other than that, no complaints"

• "New documentation to help with new programs that are integrated with Admin Plus. Creating new letters, integration with Finacs, time to load screens is slow, "

• "Everything. It is confounding, perplexing, non-intuitive and the least user-friendly de-evolved piece of software ever devised"

Browse AdminPlus Reviews

Connie from St Cletus School

Great way to house student data information

All data is in one place and easily accessible and reports needed are easy to gain and print once you understand the process to pull them up.

Pros

That we are able to transfer data easily and effectively yearly. Also gaining information for teachers and staff is easy and quick,

Cons

Sometimes when customer support is needed we have to be sent to various people to help us, not all support can help with certain issues.

Carrie from Seattle Christian School

Admin+ is the perfect database solution for our school. All-inclusive, easy to use & well supported

Everything in one place. Makes me more efficient and effective in my job. I use less paper and can do more work online. Allows my "clients", aka, students, parents & teachers, to be more independent.

Pros

The comprehensive nature of the software and ability to extract needed data quickly. It is fairly easy to use, for a database system. Customer support is top notch, always quick to respond and willing to assist. There are multiple modules associated with Admin+ and we use almost all of them. It is nice to have everything in one place without having to hop between software each time we need to run a bill, check attendance, run a transcript, change teachers class lists, etc. We appreciate the customer support the most!

Cons

Some limitations on data management and exports in terms of unique family dynamics. (i.e. split households) and between students & schedules. As an example, I cannot pull all emails of students taking AP classes into a spread sheet, I have to export names and search class lists by subject and update my name spread sheet.

September 2015

Joseph from Function IT

September 2015

Not as integrated as one would hope. Needs a redesign

Our school has been using Admin Plus, Teacher's Plus Gradebook, Plus Portals, and Forms for three years. The first impressions is that different modules have different look and feel. I believe that Rediker has developed software for years but hasn't taken the time to redesign some older modules to work with recent ones. Some newer modules (i.e Portals) work better than older ones. Some modules don't communicate with each other at all which is very frustrating. The underlying database seems to have enough fields and capabilities to be able to accommodate our school. However, in order to customize screens you basically have to go into "programming" mode that is not very intuitive for end users. We have to provide a full-time person to write reports because it is a very technical task. When doing lookups of data, the options are very limited. AdminPlus is pretty slow as we are running the cloud option. After a while this becomes annoying because of the extra seconds on every click that users must go through. Whenever you are trying to do Excel exports or you want to upload files to the portfolio, the files must be placed on a temporary server located at their location. It adds an extra unnecessary step. As a matter of fact, the software is full of unnecessary steps. To first log on in the morning, you have to go to four different screens. When you are finally logged in, you have to go and close the other two windows that the program left open in the logon process. I have to say that technical support is pretty good. They are accessible and knowledgeable. However, we find ourselves having to call them way more than we would wish. The pricing is confusing. Between last year and this year they changed our pricing from school to a per student pricing. We originally bought this software because it was cheaper than Blackbaud. However, I feel that with the nickel and diming in our bills, I am not sure we are saving money. Purchasing a whole school system is a difficult process. We are now in the process of deciding whether to bite the bullet and change again to something else. I wish we would have seen more than the "demo" when we first purchased. The little things about this software will ruin your work day. This is death by a thousand cuts.

Response from Rediker Software

Replied September 2015

Joseph, thank you for your frank and incisive observations. User feedback has always been an essential driver behind Rediker Software¿s product development, service delivery model, and pricing options. You have clearly seen that our newest offerings represent significant strides forward. PlusPortals in particular demonstrates our commitment to providing the best possible software for schools, families and communities. We are working on the challenging and time intensive project of moving all of our systems, including AdminPlus, to next generation web platforms. Obviously, this is not as quick a process as we would all wish. Once finished, however, it will allow us to deliver all the great features we currently offer, plus a lot more, with a much improved and modernized user experience. And, we will accomplish this while continuing to provide the industry-leading level of support that you and your fellow users have come to expect.

Jonathan from Faith Lutheran High School

Still a great product!

We have always been satisfied with Admin + and their services!

Pros

I have used this product for a number of years, and 10 years ago it was a superior product and it is still a superior product! Everything about Admin. + is wonderful!

Cons

You get what you pay for, if you are a small school, this is probably not for you and your school or school district.

Jeff from David Posnack Jewish Day School

Administrator's Plus

There is probably not enough space to write about how amazing Administrator's Plus (Admin Plus as its referred to at our school) is. Whether talking about all the features and components that Admin Plus has to the second to none tech support, Admin Plus holds a critical role in supporting the mission of our school. Having used Administrator's Plus since the "days of DOS" to the present utilizing Administrator's Plus cloud based features, Rediker continues to develop and evolve to maintain itself as a leader in school information systems. The Rediker team is in tune with the needs and wants of school administrators and support staff and develop programs that are relevant and practical for school administrators. Administrator's Plus has an easy to use interface. Many options and features can be accessed in multiple ways (using keyboard shortcuts, using right click on the mouse, using a menu item at the top of the screen, etc) which allows for users with different skill levels to access and enter information in a way they are comfortable with. There are hundreds of customizable reports that can be generated. These reports also have the capability to be emailed directly from within Administrator's Plus. If more customizable data is needed for third party programs or uploads, don't worry, all data can be easily exported to customizable excel spreadsheets. Another great feature is the portfolio option. This attaches any kind of document/picture/graphic to a student's or staff member's record. Can we say the inevitable paperless office! Lastly, you cannot mention Administrator's Plus without talking about the Rediker customer support and customer relationships. The tech support is very responsive and helpful. They patiently can walk you through any module of Administrator's Plus and even remote in to help more complicated questions or issues that might arise. Through tech support, road shows, and general communications, Rediker values their relationships with their customers. The roadshows that are intended for prospective customers are often attended by current Rediker customers. I am not sure of many other companies would feel that confident of their product that they would risk that. Overall, Administrator's Plus is an amazing product. I would highly recommend this to any school of any size. The program is completely customizable for the school with a student population of 150 or 3,000!

Candace from Woodstock Union High School

Very good - we have had Admin Plus for 15 + years.

Pros

1. How flexible the software is for each user. You can customize any report, screens, etc. 2. The core support staff has remained fairly constant over the years and are very pleasant to work with. 3. While I have not been in a while, when I was a newer user I went to the training seminars - they were great. I especially found the evenings when there was time to sit with programmers very productive - I got lots of little things taken care of during those times.

Cons

1. How flexible the software is for each user! Often after updates some specs need to be "touched" for users. 2. While understandable, at the busy times of year is it hard to get through to support. 3. We are Cloud hosted, and some processes seem slow. 4. The Silverlight/HTML5 issue has been a strain. While much better now, we lost some trust with the teachers over this.

Rosanne from Providence Catholic High School

Generally good! And if I have trouble, tech support is fantastic.

integration with gradebook and portal; notify for easy calling/texting.emailing - one version of the truth!

Pros

Company is responsive to input and feedback. Generally easy to use. Meets needs of all the variety of constituents. integration with plusportals is great.

Cons

report writer coding is painful! - Sometimes it seems that the modules were written by different people as they don't "act" similarly. - Too many clicks to get to one thing. - printing reports when using weblink is difficult. Would like more training videos.

Melissa from St. Brendan High School

Admin Plus

It's a great software. Would recommend it to anyone that I can

Pros

The effectiveness and easiness of finding student/teacher information quickly. Love how you can create any kind spreadsheets for practically everything

Cons

I like everything about this program... there is nothing bad that I can comment about it. it is a great program!

Linda from Waltham Public Schools

I am in Rediker daily as my job requires me to do CRDC, EPIMS, SIMS, SCS, SSDR, and so on.

Pros

The SEND TO EXCEL is my very favorite thing in Rediker. It's a life saver. The state reports are fairly easy to run as well.

Cons

I like least that I have to go into 10 different schools when I need to do things, especially when I am looking in previous years. I feel all the years, all the schools should be in 1 database. I came from a district that used X2 and LOVED the way a student was only listed once with an enrollment history showing their comings and goings. To find a student in Rediker from previous years is very cumbersome, going in and out of each year, over and over again. It's not easy to use.

Marysue from East Catholic High School

We have had our ups and downs with Administrators Plus and the PlusPortal.

I really like the benefits of the portal. Being able to post items to the calendar, email parents, students and faculty is very easy.

Pros

I like that there are tutorials available. Also, the customer support team is wonderful. If they do not have an answer they do research and for the most part have answers.

Cons

I think the email systems is out of date and not user friendly. Not easy to use. This won't matter for us going for because we are going to the cloud.

One of the Best Integrated Options Available and at a Reasonable Price

Rediker is a family owned company and it shows, and in the most positive of ways. Some of these bigger companies may have more resources but also an incoherent strategy a lot of the time. Rediker seems to know who it is and where it wants to go, and now it's just a matter of executing, and I see them doing just that. I cannot stress how helpful Rediker was to us during Covid-19. They released the Google Classroom / Rediker GradeBook integration in December/January, then in March Covid hit and we were just so grateful to rely on Google Classroom AND just dump the grades into the Rediker GradeBook, without the teachers having to double enter everything. That one thing puts Rediker into a whole different category, such that if you're using Google Classroom you really need to look at Rediker and see if it would fit your school's needs. It will 100% fit your budget as compared to any other system with the features Rediker has. Also their Support and Cloud Services and Sales teams were just awesome and responsive during Covid. Many competitors' systems in our area at least "fell down" at some point, especially those first few weeks, but Rediker remained rock solid the whole time, we had no outage or even latency the entire time.

Pros

The software is solid and reliable once you learn it and its quirks (like all software has). Training and Support are outstanding at helping you. It covers all you need from a SIS, GradeBook, and Parent Portal, and has some billing, accounting, and fundraising options. The huge recent addition is integration between the GradeBook and Google Classroom, that really helped our school during Covid-19 as did their fantastic Support and other teams. We were very happy to renew our contract with Rediker this year, they are a solid company on the right path. And they have perhaps the most reasonable price point on the market.

Cons

They aren't fully web based end to end yet (as are many other companies in its space). Of course all the student, parent, and teacher experiences are web based or with an app. But the administrator has to remote into a Windows environment, which is really just a minor inconvenience all things considered, and they are working on the new web based Admin Plus. Also their fundraising partner could be much better.

Reasons for Choosing AdminPlus

Rediker may have the best combination of integration, features, and a reasonable price point on the market right now. Veracross for example has a decidedly unreasonable price point. FACTS SIS is reasonable but I'd say Rediker is ahead of / better than them overall. Community Brands / Senior Systems / inResonance / Ascendance doesn't seem to have a coherent strategy, they just buy stuff and take forever to integrate it properly. I'd put PowerSchool in that bucket as well, and PowerSchool still doesn't offer an acceptable integrated fundraising solution for independent schools. BlackBaud is the only true competitor to Rediker in my opinion, and it's easily twice the cost and much more depending on the modules. Both Rediker and BlackBaud have integration between the gradebook and Google Classroom, so to me if your school uses Google Classroom then those are your 2 best choices and it's just which one your budget allows for. I've reached this conclusion over many years of evaluation of all these companies and products. Rediker's Sales, Training, Support, Cloud Services, all that is exemplary, a very "well run" and structured company operationally and you see many others that just aren't that, including/especially some of these bigger ones.

Tina` from Gill-Montague Regional School District

It meets my needs and allows be to function efficiently.

I am able to track all my student and staff data and information. And then I'm able to extract data to be used for other parts of my job. So basically, this software allows me to function and do my job.

Pros

The Lookup feature and the Export to Excel feature -- and so of course, everything else between those that make my work very possible. i appreciate the big task that goes into creating an SIS; but that you are able to respond to our needs outside of the database such as exporting data is a boon.

Cons

That the Lookup cannot be used to enter data as one would Excel. I know, it's a future feature, maybe -- which goes to show that I've found little that I do not like about the software. There is the Schedule Builder which I really do not enjoy working on -- but then scheduling is a beast in itself -- so it's not necessarily the software per se. And then there is the Contacts Database -- that, I do not comprehend what you're aiming for in that one.

Obaida from Universal Academy of Florida

Admin Plus: More Awesome Than Time-Travel

Rediker is awesome. Moving to Admin Plus was one of the best decisions we ever made. Our old SIS was like using a broken abacus. In the mud. With your feet. Admin Plus is like having a DeLorean with a flux capacitor that goes 88 mph (Hoverboard sold separately). This is only our second year using the program but it has already vastly improved many areas of our work from report cards to registration and everything in between. We have the power and flexibility to quickly access information in ways that were impossible back in the stone-tablet-and-chisel days before we adopted Admin Plus. The reaction from my co-workers when showing them features of the software is often the same shock and amazement that street magicians get (except maybe with slightly-less profanity). As great as Admin Plus is, what truly sets Rediker apart is their amazing staff. I've never seen this level of support, responsiveness and helpfulness from any other company. I can probably name 20 of their employees because of how often I have corresponded with them and because the positive experience has stuck in my head (I'm mystified that they haven't blocked my e-mails and phone calls given how often I bother them). Our trainer, Cloid, has spent more time teaching me the software outside of our scheduled training sessions than he has during them (and often responds to my ridiculously-late-night e-mails in minutes). I've received phone calls from Sharon, a support representative, hours after she got off work because she got the answer to my question and didn't want me to wait until morning to receive it. I once e-mailed Rediker's CEO, Rich, at 1:38am on a Saturday morning telling him we could not access Admin Plus. I got a response at 8:48am on the same day telling me the issue was fixed, explaining what happened and what steps would be taken to prevent this from happening in the future. Seriously, who does that? Rediker does and it's the reason we love working with them and have purchased more of their products. Thanks for making fantastic products and for forcing me to modify my long-running "customer service is dead" decree. It now reads, "Why can't the rest of you people be more like Rediker?"

Jarryd from J. Frank White Academy

Very accomodating support team that makes the chnges we neeed when we need them!

Having a centralied database with the capabilities of this program allws us the ability to have more fluid work flows and generate reports quickly.

Pros

My favorite part of the software is the portabilty when using the app. As an administrator, you need access to information when you are out in thebuidingor elsewhere on campus. Pair that portability with the multiple services offered and you have the total package for an LMS and databse combination. Very pleased with this program.

Cons

If there was a con for this software, I would say it is the inability to respond to parent generated emails from the plus portals side of tghe program. When they send it from the system, you cant reply directly. Very small gripe considering the communication benefit.

Jill from St. Cletus Catholic School

Great Student Information System

Easy enough survey software.

Pros

I love the ease of use. This is the third school that I implement the program for. I can track any item that I need to track without needing a program change. You can call support and receive assistance within a couple of minutes for any issues that you may have. It can handle simple schedules and more complex schedules with just a click of a button. The fact that this system was initially created by an educator makes it useful and purposeful.

Cons

We have some internet issues that slow and sometimes drop the program. In particular in the morning there can be issues with attendance. The network version was much quicker.

Jonathan from Maple Street School

July 2015

Outstanding! Great software that adapts to the constantly changing environment of schools.

I have used Administrator's Plus for five years at two different schools. Both of them are independent schools, which don't necessarily follow the norm. AP has almost everything you could ask for in a database built in, even when you don't follow the state standards. Need a custom schedule, no problem. Custom reports, not an issue. The training provided along with the purchase of Admin Plus is top notch, and the support doesn't end after the onsite and online training. It continues as long as you are a customer, and stays top notch, no matter how many times you call or email. It's integration with all the other modules and third party software Rediker has available is seamless, as well as the online tools that are provided. The only cons I can think of are its cloud interface (which I understand is going to change in the next year) and the complexity of its report writing. Of course, once you have attended a workshop or spent some time in training, the last issue disappears for the most part, and tech support is always a call or email away, and has always been able to help me through writing a new custom report. Overall I would highly recommend Administrator's Plus to any school or district. If you want a company that listens to its customers, provides plenty of opportunities for training, has excellent customer service and support, and provides software that stays on the cutting edge, look no further than Rediker and their Administrator's Plus School Office Suite.

Response from Rediker Software

Replied August 2015

Rediker Software is committed to schools and educators and has been for over 35 years. It is great to hear that our school management system has worked so well for you at multiple schools. We will continue to offer the best customer service, support and training in the industry, while constantly offering innovative products and solutions. Thank you and we hope you can join us again soon for another training workshop!

Nichole from St. Mary's Parish School

Easy to use. Customer support long wait times.

Easily accessible data that meets most needs of the support staff.

Pros

The program allows uses a wide variety of options from database, scheduling, admissions, etc. We find all material to be easily accessible.

Cons

We often find that there are too many ways to perform the same tasks, leading different users to have several ways of completing the same task. In addition, the software is excellent, however, we pay a great deal of money to use it and training costs are FAR TOO HIGH for us to be able to regularly send new office personnel to them. This leads to many, many calls to the support desk.

Patricia from St. Mary's Dominican High School

Comprehensive System, Easy to Navigate

Over and above the benefit of the general benefits of a student information system, the super database tables and the Excel Wizard allow me to store and analyze data that is valuable for our decision making process.

Pros

I like the tabs for different pages and modules that are set up for specific information and rights assigned to users. I also really like the Excel Wizard and the E-Mail features. Support is wonderful!!

Cons

I sometimes struggle with the necessary codes for writing reports and understanding when information is pulled from contacts and/or the database fields.

Kathy from Sacred Heart School-Valley Park

Administrator's Plus offers the best in school administrative software. Everything in one program.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the ability to purchase only what our school needs. All programs work together seamlessly. Reports are easy to create. Rediker listens to the customer's needs and works their hardest to add it to their programs. Customer support is a 5 star+ rating. This company treats you like family.

Cons

There isn't anything I do not like about this software. If I have to come up with something I would have to say, I wish I had found it sooner.

June 2015

Joseph from Diocese of St. Petersburg

June 2015

Disappointing...

First and foremost, Rediker is a piecemeal system that was obviously developed over the course of time without any sort of major revision to consolidate the numerous products into one cohesive system. At our school we currently use both their AdminPlus (which is terrible) and their PortalsPlus including gradebook (which is a decent system, if you didn't have to suffer through AdminPlus). The AdminPlus (and this is the updated version since we use the cloud) ifs extremely difficult to even get into, including two separate logins just to access the AdminPlus. Using AdminPlus feels like a program from the 90's. It is difficult to navigate AdminPlus because it is a patchwork of coding that leaves the user searching through several levels of menus that make no sense and have no rhyme or reason why a specific item is under the menu. The other crazy quark of this system is the endless need to sync data so that it is current, except that many times this only complicates simple tasks such as collecting grades to print report cards. Trying to make any sense of AdminPlus only gets worse if you try to look for help in their manuals since most of them are dated 10+ years ago and the software has undergone many revisions and updates. Additionally, communication with the support staff generally means that you, the user, will somehow be blamed for the quarks of their system since you were unaware that a setting under several layers of menus was turned on and shouldn't have been. PortalsPlus and Gradebook would really make Rediker an excellent software for schools to use except that you have to put up with AdminPlus. PortalsPlus and Gradebook are both modern and efficient. It is strange to me that AdminPlus and PortalsPlus/Gradebook are even made by the same company since they are so different in functionality. Whereas AdminPlus as I stated above is difficult to use, PortalsPlus and Gradebook are the exact opposite. If we weren't mandated to use Rediker by our diocese we would have chosen another software that isn't so time consuming to use.

Response from Rediker Software

Replied June 2015

Joseph, Thank you for sharing your feedback about our system. Our portals and web gradebook are newer products that show our commitment to providing the best software for schools, families and communities. We are currently hard at work on the next generation of AdminPlus. It will combine all the great features that deliver real-world results for schools with a new and improved user experience. Last year we launched redikersupport.com to offer more ways for educators to find the help they need and collaborate with each other in our Users Forum. We are expanding our support team to meet the documentation needs of our constantly growing family of schools. Rediker Software

Jo Ann from Dominican Academy

comprehensive, multiple features

Integrated scheduling and reporting

Pros

Excellent customer support for any type of problem, although wait times can be long. There are many features that can be used - report cards, transcripts, scheduling.

Cons

It can be so convoluted to use, not intuitive or user friendly. F-1, F-6 keys. For example, the system tells you that someone else is logged in as supervisor, even though what happened is the internet failed and the system dropped rather than being closed properly.

Jill from St. Cletus Catholic School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

One of the best SIS systems that I have used.

Ease of use, track any type of data that we want, support that is responsive...

Pros

It allows you to track whatever data that you want. The initial set up is easy and it is easy to generate reports on just about any thing that you have data on.

Cons

The web version is sometimes slow - which we need to be able to access from any location. I am not sure if it is a location issue - but we are frequently disconnected to the service and have to log back in.

Evie from St. Philip Neri School

Rediker software has been a real asset to our school.

Pros

Cons

It is a little pricey. We have a small independent school and it is costly. There should also be a way to get to the 2nd tier of Tech Support. I have called a few times and have to wait on hold while the person I'm talking to goes and asks for help. Sometimes this happens 3-5 times in one call.

Patricia from St. Rocco School

Great product! Great service!

We tend to have less errors. Also, it has the ability to keep parents much more informed.

Pros

User friendly with fantastic support center! Love the ability to filter to the many different daily needs of the office or teacher requests.

Cons

Hours of live support. I would like the ability to have later or weekend hours for support help. sometimes it is not possible to work on files during a "normal" week and additional time is needed to complete the task at hand.

Janet from Baton Rouge Lutheran School

You can access any sort of family or student information and utilize that information!

Just an all-encompassing program that allows us to access current and past student and family information.

Pros

Options to include so much specialized data that teachers and staff need at our school. It's wonderful to generate a report or spreadsheet that contains precisely what you need to accomplish some task.

Cons

Have never been able to utilize DB WR to make labels. They never seemed to fit on the labels correctly.

Judy from St. Joseph Catholic Elementary

Rediker has the best customer support team that I have ever had to deal wth.

I like that all the data I need is in one place. I also like that Plus Portals enhances our use of admin Plus.

Pros

I like the new features and functionalities that have been added recently. I like that I can usually get all the data I need quickly.

Cons

I have worked with Admin Plus for 16 years. I have never found it to truly be "User Friendly." Customizing reports is still rather tedious and can get very frustrating.

Kathy from Bishop Noland Episcopal Day School

I am always so pleased with Rediker's Tech Support Team. They are top notch! Extremely knowledgeable

Rediker helps make our end product, Parent Portal and Report Cards, look professional and easy to use.

Pros

Admin Plus has a user-friendly interface and is not hard to learn how to run the program from an Administrative point of view.

Cons

I would have to say having to Sync every day from Admin Plus to Plus Portal so the attendance will show up for the parents is probably my least favorite thing.

Beth from Charlotte Catholic

We have used AP since 2000 and love it.

Keeps our data meaningful.

Pros

Cons

There is not really any part of Admin Plus I do not appreciate. Of course it could always be less expensive, but give the support we receive, I understand the price.

Donald from St Augustine High School

Pros

web based, look, the ability to store information in the student's portfolio, Great customer service. They work with you until the problem is fixed. Fast response times. 99% up time, online training

Cons

reports are sometimes hard to create, cumbersome sometimes, Excel wizard could be better, needs to be made with a SQL database

Susan from Ursuline Academy

Overall we are very satisfied with the functionality of the components and with technology support.

Easy to maintain and to train users on, good documentation

Pros

It pretty much covers most of our requirements for data and functionality within the school. Easy to add fields and to export the data into Excel.

Cons

Performance from hosted is sometimes slow. Syncing and moving from Holding Bins can be problematic.

Josie from Smith Vocational

Five star experience. A welcome change from 13 years of using PowerSchool.

Pros

Cons

When entering period attendance, you do not see the course name. You only see the period. It requires jumping around to figure out what class the student is/was in.

William from CCPCS

We had some hiccoughs in changing mindsets from previous software to AdminPlus, but we are pleased.

Pros

Year-over-year options are a dream. The software is highly flexible, which allows for continuation of our best practices and has also allowed us to support school operations we could not before, e.g., AfterSchool Clubs and Activities via SuperDB tables.

Cons

Not every feature is easily located or intuitive in use. The software is able to do almost everything, but the learning curve is inconsistent.

Andy from McNicholas HS

very solid and reliable!

Pros

I like that Rediker is continually making updates and trying to keep their products current. Support is always quick to get back to me

Cons

I wish logging in to the cloud version (we are hosted) was faster and easier. we spend too much time waiting

Jason from Centreville academy

Very good

Pros

Support staff I use the product for everything at the school and it is by far the best. Would recommend this product to any school.

Cons

Wait time for support. And the lunch program not updating students when it syncs.. not a lot to dislike

Sharon from St. Richard Catholic School

Definitely meets our needs.

Pros

Tech Support is amazing! Very knowledgeable and always has a solution. The software is user-friendly.

Sheila from Stl

Rediker

I do not like it.

Pros

Not a lot. Not hard to use but can not get information

Cons

It is horrible for admin area. Systems do not merge. Can not create reports with your own company informatio. Not user friendly. Horrible support. Trainer did not really know how to use or able to understand . It loses important information. I have had to reenter I formation for years

Response from Rediker Software

Replied February 2019

Sheila, we are sorry about your experience. We strive for great service and support and we fell short here.Our data management system is very reliable, so we are concerned to hear you are losing and re-entering data. That should not be the case. However, I cannot find your name in our customer database, so please let us know more! What is the name of your school? Please contact sales@rediker.com, reply directly to me, or speak with your account rep. We want to help improve your experience with our software.

Tamarcus from Resurrection Catholic School

Overall the experience has been great.

We have a database that can centralize information for our families.

Pros

I love the fact that it is user friendly, ONCE you take the time to familiarize yourself with the software.

Cons

I dislike how tech support operates. It takes a long time to get support or we're directed to a huge reading when sometimes as visual learners, it may suit us best.

Jessica from Mercymount country day school

No matter what issues customer service is always there to help me

Because of its simplicity I have more time to focus on other things

Pros

Very user friendly easy to understand...very to train users.... report cards are simple and easy to understand

January 2015

Kim from Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, MA

January 2015

Admin Plus ... Keeping up and Moving Forward

We have really been impressed with how much Rediker has moved ahead with Admin Plus and kept up with evolving technologies. Features which have been made available for teachers and administrators offer significant productivity improvements and convenience. In particular, access to our SIS via mobile devices for checking schedules and attendance anywhere with internet connectivity -whether in the hallway or out on the athletic field - allows us to sync and obtain emergency information from anywhere, and this is a huge advantage for us. Integration with other Learning Management Systems (LMSs) has also made the flow of data more timely and efficient. Notre Dame Academy has been using Admin Plus since 1999. I came on in 2005 and have seen the product refined and updated over the years. Although Rediker has grown during this time and added many more staff members, the same level of knowledgeable and courteous help from the Rediker support team is always available. This continues to be one of the most significant advantages for us. Kim Weckbacher, Web and Database Manager Mike Minihane, Director of Technology

Jerry from St Vincent Pallotti High School

Our expierence with Administrator's Plus

We have been using Rediker for 3+ years now. We previously were using Hunter System's Schoolminder. Hunter Systems was bought out and the new company was dropping development of the Schoolminder in favor of their product. During our search for a replacement we looked at PowerSchool, BlackBaud, and Rediker. We were impressed with the flexibility of the Rediker product and the PRICING! Being a small private school, pricing played a big part of the decision. We chose Rediker and have been very happy we did, not only did we get a great product, we got it at an affordable price. The product is very powerful but friendly to users. We have been adding more modules year by year and with each new module we are still impressed and very happy. One very special thing about using the Rediker products is their support. They are quick, knowledgeable, and courteous. If the product does not have a feature, they are very open to discuss the pros and cons of adding the feature. Even the President and CEO are involved in the development, support and training of the product. I highly recommend the Rediker software and services.

August 2014

Alba from Jesus Chapel School

August 2014

The Best Educational Software Available

We are living in a time when all schools are looking for a way to save a dollar. We are a small school who services a large diverse economic demographic. Every penny we save counts. We have been using Administrators Plus software since 1991. We've been through many changes and revisions with the company: product name change, expansion of the product line and the transition to a Windows based platform. So what has kept us with the company for over 20 years? Several things: 1. the quality of the product, 2. the variety of options which it offers allowing schools to adapt the program to its budget and its specific needs, 3. the customer service, which is absolutely the best I have ever found, and 4. the bang we get for our buck. Just this year, I left yet another software company and brought more of my business needs to Rediker software. I'm excited about benefits the teacher and parent platform and will bring to our school. Through the years many companies have approached us about using their products., my thought has always been, "Why would I use the second best product?"

JP from De La Salle High School

Good solid software.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of training new teachers. Also, tech support for the product is second to none. We have always achieved resolution on issues.

Cons

Some reporting features are a bit convoluted and outdated. Would like to see a stronger reporting engine.

August 2015

Susan from Carmel Catholic High School

August 2015

OUTSTANDING SCHOOL SOFTWARE

I have used this software for over 20 years. We have gone from all "paper and file cabinet" school.... to 90% electronic using Rediker software! The possibilities are endless! Using the Online Forms feature we have gone totally electronic on registration, course requests, numerous forms that previously were submitted via paperwork. Using Adm. Plus we have transitioned into electronic transcripts, report cards, etc... This year we transitioned to the Parent/Student Portals and the gradebook module! The transition was seamless and the parents were very impressed! Our school is over 1,300 students. The tech support is outstanding!

Response from Rediker Software

Replied September 2015

Thank you, Susan. We are happy to hear how much time and money you are saving with our school management system. Even more important is the great user experience it is creating for your parents and students. We look forward to providing you with the best school management solutions and support for many years to come!

Rae Lynn from Faith Academy

Experience with tech support has been good for the most part. Did have concerns with report enhances

Pros

I like the new functionality to view data and sort data in the Database main frame. Like the ability to download information with excel wizard

amy from Catholic High Pointe Coupee

used it for 16 years and still have not scratched the surface

It manages our student database and keeps data secure.

Pros

The software is capable of doing almost anything. It is also compatible with other systems involving education.

Cons

Very difficult to use and not enough safety features in place for inexperienced users. Training is difficult to get and very expensive.

March 2016

Jeremy from St. Johns Country Day School

March 2016

Outdated and Falling Behind the Technology Curve

After 15 years, we're shelving Rediker and moving to a new SIS. The integration between systems has been rocky and unstable to say the least and we've had to rig and workaround every module. The greatest disappointment is that Rediker claims to be compatible with various mainstream systems (ie: Haiku) but then fail to fully deliver and charge us an absurd amount for "customization." Some of the most basic functions and procedures are very hard to intuitively figure out. I often have to call Rediker support just to figure out or remember how to edit fields and run reports. We're a technology-driven school with 1:1 devices in our classrooms. We have plenty of experience with intuitive programs that work and unfortunately Rediker no longer fits into that category.

Response from Rediker Software

Replied March 2016

Jeremy, thank you for this feedback. We are happy to have served your school for 16 years, and sorry to hear you are considering another system. You must do what you feel is best for your school and your students. We support hundreds of integrations, some stronger than others, and our partnership with Clever allows us to work with many of those LMS products, including Haiku. Recently, we launched our HTML 5 gradebook and responsive websites for schools, and are developing the next generation of AdminPlus and Admissions Plus Pro. We encourage you to keep us in mind as one of the best SIS systems available, with more than 35 years serving thousands of schools around the world.

Sean from NSN Management

July 2015

Clunky, Dated, Limited . . .

I have been working with this software for two years now. Yes we have the new version that has "updated" the interface but the software is still a hodge-podge designed system. Custom fields of any size require "SuperDB Tables" that have no easy interface to access and are severely confusing to the end users. Oh and if you use those tables, no alerting on them. The default tabs/fields are limited to 50 characters. The online forms app is painful. Remember those SuperDB tables? You cannot combine them into a single section so you have to create multiple sections to collect data appropriately.

Response from Rediker Software

Replied July 2015

We are sorry to hear that your experience using Administrator's Plus has been less than positive. Our products are used reliably by thousands of schools around the world. Rediker Software is always working to improve the user experience with innovative products and offerings. We take feedback from our schools very seriously in order to constantly improve. We are working on new versions of AdminPlus and Admissions Plus Pro to enhance the platform and features while maintaining all of the functionality that schools have trusted for 35 years. These new versions move beyond previous limitations, giving you ultimate flexibility in an already robust product. We highly encourage your school to check out our new web gradebook and parent/student web portals to see the direction our products are moving in and to stay tuned for new versions of our products.

Suzanne from Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux

All of our district utilizes this system!

We utilize it system wide, and it is easier to retrieve records.

Pros

It is comprehensive! It can store a comprehensive record for the students and for the school. It can be referenced as needed.

Cons

There may be difficulties with the system at times. Our administrators have had some difficulties that required assistance.

Allen from PCS

Dantesque suffering

Grey hair

Pros

It is software. It has buttons. It is clickable, sometimes. It holds information. It is on a computer screen. It can be installed. It has warnings. It calculates incorrectly.

Alana from Alleviate Partners

Clunky and Outdated

Pros

It had just enough features to get by on.

Cons

This software is so slow and outdated it made work much harder than it had to be. The functions alone were painstakingly slow and I would often have to leave my desk to let it work out a simple window recall as it would freeze my entire system otherwise.