All iGradePlus Reviews

Kelsie

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Wonderful Tool

I have used iGradePlus for 5 years going into my 6th. It has improved over that time without losing the features that I have liked most. I have never had a bad experience with the software and if ever there was a problem it was quickly fixed.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use putting in grades, finding grades, setting parameters and making changes on the student level. I like that whenever there is a problem a solution is quickly dealt out. It is nice to have a place to upload notes sent home and be able to communicate with parents and allow them to view their child(s)' grades.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to find assignments if you do not use all of the entry tools available.

Reasons for choosing iGradePlus

I do not remember what I was using before iGrade and I cannot remember looking at any other products in particular.

Rob

Great Service and Quick Response

I couldn't be more pleased with their service. The product is really good and gets better every year. Thanks for the dedication to give us what we need iGradePlus!

Pros

Initially I chose iGradePlus because of its price and ease of use. However after using it I discovered they had quick and responsive service. We are pleased with the overall product and service. More is added every year and most is based on what we ask for as customers.

Cons

There are several features not up and running yet. This is probably due to the number of years it takes to refine the software. I will say though, new features are rolled out several times a year. Thankfully these roll outs are based on what we the customers need and ask for. Knowing this we patiently and expectantly look forward to the continued evolution of this product.

Reasons for choosing iGradePlus

We chose iGradePlus for the pricing and also it had the basic features we were looking for. They have added so much more since we started with them in 2016.

Reasons for switching to iGradePlus

Engrade changed their pricing which became too much for our small school. iGradePlus was fairly new and pricing fit our size. Also, they have been willing to work with our small school.

Sharon

iGradePlus for Teachers

Easy to use and not difficult to understand.

Pros

It was easy to get started with the software program.

Cons

Having less options for reports. It would be helpful to be able to print full reports for individuals as well as for the class.

Anne

A high school teacher's perspective

Overall, I am mostly satisfied with iGrade. The cons do get irritating though which is why I can't give it 5 stars. I strongly recommend they create a "limited admin" user account so teachers can look up grades/attendance for all students in the school, especially when you are an adviser to a group of students for the year. This sort of account would not allow the user to change or alter any information in iGrade.

Pros

I like being able to copy assignments to other classes I teach, which saves me time. Entering grades is user friendly for the most part, meaning you can figure it out with little to no training. I like that there are things you can personalize, as in creating different assignment categories.

Cons

I don't like that the default setting for attendance is "present" (but that may just be how my school administrator set it up). I sometimes use the administrator account to look up students' grades and attendance in all their classes, and what I notice is, and this is my biggest complaint with iGrade, that students' absences are hard to track per class period when you look up their attendance. It just says they have 3 absences, but doesn't say in which period (unless you go through extra steps to figure it out). One other feature I don't like is that grades copy automatically when we start a new school year: this means if I taught English 10 1st period last year, but this year I teach English 12 1st period, my gradebook for 1st period is FULL of all of the old assignments from 1st period last year. That requires me to go and delete them all, which can be very time consuming (even if trying to do a bulk delete, which seems to slow the program down significantly). Finally, I wish teachers had the ability to simply look up students' grades in other classes without having admin access in iGrade.

Reasons for switching to iGradePlus

Engrade stopped being free to use so our school was looking for an alternative.

Tina

A good tool for educators

very positive experience and I also recommend it to my coworkers.

Pros

I like how I can email my students' work when I am out. Students find it easy to follow assignments and grades.

Cons

only that last year we could not enter a grade with the automatic columns in assessments

Reasons for choosing iGradePlus

I found it when I was researching and I read the comments

Reasons for switching to iGradePlus

gradebook could not be set up for students to follow their grades. I had to post them and email them the updated grades.

Nicole

Great Software

This is a great and very user friendly website to use! I am so happy I decided to use this website!

Pros

User friendly Similar to what I used before--PowerSchool I did not want to revert back to old school ways and have to figure grades by calculator. Not that I am lazy, but it just seems easier to have it more than one place.

Cons

There is currently nothing that I would say that I dislike about this software.

Reasons for switching to iGradePlus

Changed Schools--went from a larger district to a smaller district--the current district I am at does not have any online grading system, so I found this company after I googled online grading systems. This was in 2018, and I was impressed from the start. So that is why I have kept on using igradeplus.

Best free grading system!

The school where I teach is very small and cannot afford expensive grading software. iGrade Plus gives us an awesome program without the high costs. We tell all the new teachers to check it out.

Pros

Completely easy to use. It makes sense. I can spend just a few minutes at the beginning of the year setting it up and I'm good for the rest of the school year.

Cons

Nothing, really. It perfectly fits my needs.

Reasons for switching to iGradePlus

Engrade ended the free program that we had been using.

Sophia

Great Customer Service!

Overall, my experience with iGradePlus has been great. Even though I am not using it daily like the instructors are, I was part of setting up classes, instructors, and the student roster. I was also responsible for giving out activation codes to students which was an easy process because we were able to email and print out the invitations! Whenever I had an issue or question, I would email the rep and he would immediately respond (within 1 day!) and fix my problem right away. Thanks!

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I can easily add classes, course #s, Instructors, and Students into the system. I also like that this software has a memo board for me to write general announcements so students, staff, and faculty can view it all at once.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that there is no "confirm" button when adding classes, course #s, Instructors, and Students into the system. It get a little confusing knowing whether or not you've added certain things or not.

Reasons for choosing iGradePlus

I was not part of the process of choosing an alternative product as I am the Education Assistant to the Director of Education at Minneapolis Business College. The director was in charge of choosing the next grading system for instructors and students.

Reasons for switching to iGradePlus

We made the switch because Engrade was shutting down end of June, 2019.

Owen

May 2022

The most flexible and useful Student Information System we have used

iGradePlus has been the backbone and mainstay of all of our Student Management support for several years. Because of it we have fingertip access to all of our important student information and can produce all required reports at will.

Pros

Integration with our existing processes was very easy, and we were able to develop very useful features for managing our Daily Performance Measurement reporting for all students on a timely and effective basis and for keeping track of students on sugar-free diets, etc.

Cons

The one feature that we miss most is the ability to store and retrieve current photos for all students.

Reasons for choosing iGradePlus

iGradePlus was the #1 choice from among all the products we considered. It has proven to be a very wise choice and the customer support has been excellent.

Barbara

April 2022

Ease and A+ Service

Our tutorial group has been using iGradePlus for 5 years. We love it. It has come a long way in improving and adding new features.

Pros

It is very easy to use and, they have great customer service. Features are upgraded and added on a regular basis. The creators even listen to customers on things that are needed or ways to improve.

Cons

It needs to do a better job in video meetings and communications. It would be great to have one place for emails and chats.

Margaret

Excellent For Classroom management

My classes are once weekly middle school and high school college model classes designed for homeschoolers. I teach about 100 students a week and have parent helpers input grades. iGradePlus is easy to set up each year and explain to my parent helpers. Parents of students have ready access to their children's information and communication between instructor and parent is really easy. In addition, my experience with contacting the company has been wonderful! They respond immediately and work to fix whatever problem has been encountered, whether it was a parent access problem or something on the instructor side of the program. iGradePlus is also very affordable!

Pros

iGradePlus is used by all our instructors because it is easy to understand and set up and provides a fantastic array of record keeping and student management options. Instructors are able to set parameters and guidelines for grading, keep track of attendance and behavior, easily communicate with parents and students, and offer parents access to their children's grades. Anytime I have a question or have encountered a problem and email the company, I receive a quick response and the help I need to fix the problem.

Cons

Working up methods of deducting percentage off of total grades instead of point off of scores for grades. As of the end of this past school year, iGradePlus hasn't included a percent off total score option, just a points off the score entered option for late work. Much of my grading involves inputting actual points on a quiz or study guide which can range from 10 points to 125 points, so it's difficult to have a built in number of points deduction for late work. I need a percent off late work option. I have been told they are working on that option, so it might be fixed for this year. But that is a minor problem compared to how much I like the overall program!

Reasons for switching to iGradePlus

Our program used Engrade (I used it for one year.) and they hiked their prices over 100% - way beyond what any of our instructors were willing to pay. I believe the year we switched was one of the first years for iGradePlus and I have been extremely satisfied with iGradePlus.

Tatiana

Fantastic Teacher Tool

iGradePlus has provided a lot of great resources for me as a teacher. The gradebook is easy to use and offers parents access at all times to see how their child is doing. It aslo offers a way to track attendance and behavior issues. Some other great features are the different blogs and the calendar. I would like to see the attendance and behavior log to either be on the main login page for parents or to set up email notifications to parents when a log is made. Eventually, I'd love it if it incorporated a place to make lesson plans as well. Overall, this is an amazing website. I have introduced it to several other teachers at my school and they really like it as well. Along with being a great resource, they also offer fantastic customer service. Any time I've ever had a question or needed something fixed, they have responded very quickly and worked hard to solve any issues. I will continue to use this service and I look forward to what new features they will roll out with next!

Pros

iGradePlus has provided a lot of great resources for me as a teacher. The grade book is easy to use and offers parents access at all times to see how their child is doing. It also offers a way to track attendance and behavior issues. Some other great features are the different blogs and the calendar.

Brandi

I cant say enough

I cannot say enough. Great price, product and best of all customer service. I plan to use this product for years to come.

Pros

It is very easy to use and their Customer Support is quick to respond to any questions and issues. I appreciate I can customize my grade periods, weights and drops. It makes it even easier that I can give each class a color. That really helps me and my students differentiate all their classes.

Cons

I cant think of much. I would LOVE if I could copy whole days of the calendar and move it with a drop and drag to a new day. Now, that may be super techy, but that's the only thing I would LOVE to have.

Reasons for switching to iGradePlus

Engrade went WAY up in price.

Jayme

Great software for educators

Pros

The price is superb and the customer service is great too. When you recommend a feature or have a concern, they truly value your input and feedback.

Cons

The inability to print lesson plans directly from the software.

Price.

Features available.

Great Software for Educators

I've been a user for several years now and couldn't be happier.

Pros

The software functions well and the customer service response has been great over the years. I also liked that users are sent an activitation invitation email. I can quickly tell whether students are really going to take the online classes seriously if they activate it quickly. Those who do tend to stay in the course. Those who don't... a warning signs that they may not be best suited for the online environment.

Cons

There was a little bit of a challenge when initially determining how to set up individual courses within a semester, but once you get the hang of it, it works well.

Ease of use Activation email invitation to students Customer Service

Reasons for switching to iGradePlus

The software was no longer available and I was looking for an online option. iGradePlus fit the bill nicely and also allows me to avoid the headache of having to deal with students losing their usernames/passwords.

Amy

Customizable and Straighforward

Allows strict attendance tracking, behavior management options, communications, and grading/assignment tracking with multiple options. Strikes a great balance between ease of use and customizability.

Pros

Being able to do strict attendance was HUGE for our program, as we have to track hourly student attendance, and no other program in a reasonable price range would help with this. Before this change, we were still able to use user-defined attendance to track whether a student/class attendance had been entered. Lots of functionality besides: behavior tracking, assignments, etc make this a fully functional program for a small site like ours.

Cons

Sometimes, going through multiple levels of menus is a bit time consuming, and and it can take a little while to get used to how to get where you are going. Reports are not particularly intuitive, but again, are powerful.

Edi