What are Infinite Campus SIS users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Infinite Campus SIS software through verified user reviews

• icon"Parents are able to access the software online or use an app to check their students grades. It is easy to use for the parents which is nice for them."
  • icon"It is a great database for information for students. Integrates well with grade book features."
  • icon"Once you get the hang of it, it’s easy to navigate. Exporting data is quick and the customer support is top notch when needed."
  • icon"We switched because the there were complaints of the payroll being too complicated."
  • icon"Parents sometimes have trouble understanding how the program works. The login process can be confusing to parents who have not used the software before."
  • icon"E. having to fill out the same names for administrators on each form gets annoying. Being able to enter names for a drop down menu would be very useful."

Browse all Infinite Campus SIS Reviews

• Have you used Infinite Campus SIS and would like to share your experience with others?

Deanna

Best School Software

I am a teacher and I love this program. It is by far my favorite program to use as an online grade book. It would be nice if you could attach assignments, but overall, it is great.

Pros

I love the layout, design and functionality of this program. Like most programs, it does take some time to learn it, but it is worth it and very much worth the time to review everything that it can do to make you and your students' lives easier. With some practice, it is easy to navigate, especially after you have invested the time it takes to set up all of your classes. Using it on a daily basis is the easy part, you just have to make sure you fully understand how to use it first (like with everything in life).

Cons

At first, it takes some time to learn/remember all the details in order to set up your classes the best way for you and your students.

Priya

Infinite Campus, and education management system with infinite possibilities!

We have used it for about eight years, and every few weeks I learn about a new function that makes student data easier to manage and access.

Pros

I like the fact that student attendance, behavior, schedules, parent contacts, grade books, communication tools, and final grades are in one place and can be cross-referenced as necessary. I absolutely love the digital behavior referrals, that are instant and digital.

Cons

It was slightly complicated to navigate at first and to access its infinite functions.

Reasons for choosing Infinite Campus SIS

Academic, demographic, behavior, attendance, and many more functions in one.

Reasons for switching to Infinite Campus SIS

This product had more functions and possibilities.

Kevin

Too expensive; Pop-up fees everywhere - Not for smaller districts

I think their conversion and onbaording team is top-notch-- Extremely helpful and communication is fast and to the point. I just don't know that they're worth all the money. I think we'll be looking to switch to a more modern and cost-effective system like Alma once our contract is up.

Pros

-The onboarding team is excellent. They include technical experts to try to find solutions when the sales team promises the world and then you find out everything is an extra charge. -The product is robust and is well connected to the requirements of various states. -It allows direct access to the db and is fairly easy to use once you get used to the interface.

Cons

-Cost! Everything is a nickel and dime fee for various modules. And of course, to do feature A you need to buy a premium module with A-Z features (B-Z you'll never use). - Their sales process promises all the features you need but then you find out the core features are extremely limited. After signing-on, it feels like a bait and switch. - It ends up being an incredibly expensive product for a smaller school or a school with simpler needs. However they seem only concerned with the needs of big-dollar districts and are unreceptive to small districts. I want my district to get the best value for it's dollar and benefit our students and parents. - The sales team is unhelpful and full of excuses and seems more concerned with closing deals than actually helping customers.

Reasons for switching to Infinite Campus SIS

Skyward is stuck in the past and should really mothball their old system. It was good for many years, but it hasn't kept up with the times.

Joshua

Solid Option for Storing/Recording Information

It's a rock-solid system that I've come to appreciate and value. It took some time and is a little overwhelming for less tech-savvy individuals, but it's great when all is understood and working. It is definitely one of the better ones out there.

Pros

Infinite Campus has allowed our staff to stay incredibly organized and up-to-date with information on our students. It's ability to communicate with various Learning Management Systems, such as Google Classroom, helps us current on student information and scores. Its interface is simple and easy to use, which is great for someone just looking at it for the first time. There are a ton of options for running reports and adding information.

Cons

It can be difficult at times to understand how to do certain things within the system. Though the interface is rather simple looking, there are a lot of options available and it can be overwhelming to figure out what some are and how they are used. There is a system (a separate site) available for support--complete with forums--but even that can be difficult to navigate at times. If you know what you are doing, this is a great system. Its deceptively simple structure belies its confusing options and support, though.

Reasons for switching to Infinite Campus SIS

Updated to a stronger system that matched our technology vision.

Aaron

Infinite Campus Gets the Job Done

Overall, my experience with Infinite Campus has been very positive. Like any major system, there are going to be positives and negatives. Fortunately, with Infinite Campus, the things that it does well are the things that you are interacting with the most.

Pros

What I like most about Infinite Campus is the ease of use for the things I use daily. The lunch and attendance is easy to input. Also, the student contact information is very thorough and set up nicely with all of the information in one easy to access spot. The grading features are also simple and easy for even teachers who struggle with technology.

Cons

The grading features in Infinite Campus are easy to use. However, they can be more time consuming than necessary. Each different subject area is on a different page so it can be time consuming as a teacher with many classes to go through all of them. Another area of need, is the help features. The help features are fairly limited and it ends up being easier to ask a colleague, which adds more time to the process.

Infinite Campus Review

Overall, I have had a good experience with Infinite Campus. I have used it for 11 years now and it is very beneficial to me as a teacher.

Pros

I really like the organizational features the best. I also like the different options that Infinite Campus allows me to have for seeing grades and attendance of my students. Infinite Campus also makes it very easy to enter new grading tasks.

Cons

I would like to have more customizable reports. Sometimes it is hard to manipulate the reports to be exactly what I would like. Hopefully, creating reports will become easier in the near future.

Infinite Campus for teachers

My overall experience has been positive. It is easy to take attendance and keep notes on students. I can log in from anywhere as well.

Pros

I love that I can color code my grade book for missing assignments. It really helps me to just take a quick glance and know right away which student is missing what assignment.

Cons

The reporting can be a bit tricky. I feel I have to go through too many steps to get a simple report. Also, if a student gets transferred out of my class their grades do not transfer with them. For this reason I still keep a paper copy of my grades which creates more work for me.

Great Software for Grading

Pros

Infinite Campus is so easy to navigate. After logging in, you are brought to a dashboard that includes your schedule, assignments and all other information for the day. The side menu has everything you need including gradebook updates, calendars and more. It is very easy to use. I also like the ability to customize notifications

Cons

The one thing I would improve on this software is the theme of the software. The green is really ugly, and can be a sore on the eyes.

Marie

Infinite Campus Review

Overall, I find it to be a good program from the teacher side. It is also easy for parents to access as well and is great for keeping them informed about their student's grades.

Pros

I like how much information is available about each student. I can check attendance, an IEP, health questions, and grades all from the same program. It is easy to input information as well. There are many options for how grades can be weighted.

Cons

There is so much information accessable in the program, that sometimes it is hard to find what you are looking for. Reports could be a little less finicky and more intuitive to run. Also group emails could be easier and maybe have an option to sync with Gmail, since my school uses the Google Education apps.

Kris

A lot of resources in one product!

Excellent resource!

Pros

I love that there are so many things I can do with this product. I use the grading, seating chart, send messages home, and take attendance. There are also so many things I am just starting to learn about. I love that I can access it from school home or anywhere else I have a device.

Cons

There is so many things I have not learned about yet. I wish I had an intense training to learn more.

Diane

Infinite Campus

Pros

Pretty easy to manage by entering staff, student, COVID etc.

Cons

Doesn’t have a lot of places to enter personal information.

Rachael

Infinite Campus

Infinite Campus allows me easy access to all of my students’ grades and attendance.

Pros

Infinite Campus provides one easy to use platform to track students’ grades, attendance, parent contacts, and so much more.

Cons

The only con that I can think of with Infinite Campus is the occasional times that the website goes down; however, the tech support is always quick to get it back up.

Anvita

Infinite Campus is Informative

Overall my experience with Infinite Campus has been long term and positive. I used it as a student myself for my entire academic career, several times a week, and I absolutely loved that every single assignment or exam grade gets inputted and updated as soon as the teacher logs it in. It was an exciting (and nerve wracking!) time as a student but I remember as soon as the teacher would announce that grades were up, that the energy in the room would change and everyone would go home and log into Infinite Campus and then call each other (back before the days of cell phones and texting that is!). I know that Infinite Campus can bring families together and is a platform where students and families can log in together and figure out what is best for the student. I am happy to see that the students I teach now are having similar experiences and that parents are still involved in checking grades even today, because this is what is best for the child so that they can get any help or motivation that they need before the semester keeps moving along.

Pros

I used infinite campus for many years as a student and I always liked the layout and how my classes were lined up like my schedule so I could go through and check my progress in each one. I loved how the grades were already separated into formative and summative sections, reflecting the way the school graded us. As a very involved and "nerdy" student, I was constantly checking infinite campus and my grades. I liked that I could log in and keep track of my progress as a student any time of the day or night, and that it was always available for me even when I was up late studying and remembered I had a new grade in and was able to check it. I also really liked that this software helps families stay connected. My parents would log in at times to check in on me and I think this software really helps to keep parents in the loop because students at times get scared and avoid looking, or lie about their grades to their parents. Parents having the ability to log in allows for them to keep track of their child's grades and progress in every class and this allows them to support them and provide them with help before it is too late in the semester, and this has ample positive ripple affects.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was the layout. I have seen younger students get overwhelmed even though they are eager to check their grades. There are a lot of words on the screen at any time and it can be difficult for a younger student to figure out where to "go" on the page. Older students and perhaps parents/guardians who are not computer savvy may feel overwhelmed by the business of the screen at all times. The software itself is extremely useful but is a bit crowded in terms of user friendliness and the layout. As a tutor I have logged into Infinite Campus with my students and their parents and as a computer savvy person it still takes me a minute to adjust to everything going on the screen. I have had to teach parents and students where to go once I figured it out, and this is what I like least about the software because not everyone is that accustomed to navigating busy and crowded websites.

Infinite Campus is Easy with Awesome Support

I do like this software. The company is very accommodating. They work hard to customize the software for your school. I can't say enough good about the support, which is huge when you are using a software of this complexity.

Pros

The easy of use has got to be my number one. The look of the software is comfortable. Learning curve is slight. If you know student record keeping, you will have no trouble in this software. The user setup is a big plus. You can setup user groups then add the users to that group. No individual settings have to be made. Each user has access to only what their position requires. No worries that someone will mess with areas they are not trained in. The rights setup allows you to choose who can Read Only and who has Write or Delete access. I like the fact that you have the option to have an onsite software administrator. Most of the users never need to contact Infinite Campus support as their issues are resolved locally. Exporting data could not be easier. You can create custom reports and choose to export them into several formats. A BIG pro is the support. Infinite Campus has a support group that will stick with you until your problem is resolved. Their Campus Community link is right in the software, so, if a phone call is not what you want to do, submit a case online or you have access to endless learning documents, videos, or tutorials. If you need more than that, they will come onsite or you can utilize their training center in MN. With so many components in the software, it would take a book to report on it all. This software will meet your needs.

Cons

Reports are always an issue. There is a bit more of a learning curve here than in the other parts of the software. Although, I have used other student records software, IC reporting is probably the easiest to use, but still tedious.

Amanda

A+ for Infinite Campus

My experience with Infinite Campus has been very positive. It is very easy for users to work from any location. The software is easy to use, even for new users. Confidential information has remained confidential. Parents and students use the app to keep up with grades

Pros

Infinite Campus allows me to view and input student information and records remotely. I can work from home, or when traveling to various locations on campus. The software is very easy to use. It also allows parents to access information in real time. Information can easily be transferred from district to district within the state, and from school to school within the district.

Cons

Information does not transfer as easily when students move from another state. There are occassional "glitches" but problems are solved quickly and confidential information has never been compromised.

Infinite Campus Enough Said!

I have had an enjoyable experience using Infinite Campus. When I worked for the school system, this software made it easier to find a student and pinpoint a student's struggle. I would recommend this software for anyone in the education field. Highly user-friendly.

Pros

If you ever worked in education, you have at least heard about Infinite Campus. It is easy to find tabs. It has two search bars—one for students and another for tabs. I found the two search bars to be helpful, and it made my job easier. I love the high-risk tab bar that helps you see what students are falling through the crack so that you can help them in a specific topic such as Attendance, grades, and stability.

Cons

I did not have anything negative to say about Infinite Campus, but If I had to be nitpicky, I would say the search bar on finding students. I wish it looked up a student by their first name and gave you more options. You can only search for a student by their last name. I also wish there was a search bar to look up parents and connect them to their student or students.

Bethany

Great way to communicate

Overall, Infinite Campus has been a great tool for communicating with students and caregivers. The ease of use for both the teacher updating grades and information as well as the ease of use for the students and caregivers to access is very helpful.

Pros

With Infinite Campus, parents and caregivers have update access to their child/s grades, lunch account balance, schedule, documents that need to be filed, and many other tools that are helpful. Infinite Campus allows teachers to update grades, flag them as late or missing, and make notes if needed.

Cons

At this current time, I do not feel there are any cons to this software, however, I often feel that a section in which parents can comment or mark that they acknowledged a grade of some sort.

Martha

Infinite Campus Food Service

We used another system but it never worked with our Student Information System. The numbers of our free/reduced students never matched and we spent hours looking for the problem.

Pros

Interacts with all parts of our Student Information System. User friendly and easy to navigate. Excellent support from the company. Each student has a unique number that is used whenever they come through the line. No one can tell what pay source a student is so it reduces the stigma of being a "free" student.

Cons

Cashiers hit the wrong keys sometimes but this can happen with any system. Students complain because they forget their PIN and it slows down the line.

PATRICIA

I use this as a teacher and a parent. It's truly complete for our needs.

Infinite campus makes my life so much easier, both as a parent and a teacher.

Pros

I love that I am notified as a parent as soon as my children have a grade or an attendance update. As a teacher I love that everything I need is always at my fingertips. My person ID integrates me as both parent and teacher so it's all there. I can use the app on my phone to check on students or my children, as well as using the desktop log-in.

Cons

It can be glitchy with Chrome, and we're a chromebook school. Additionally, it is tedious to look up information on the entire class--addresses and contact information.

Karen

Great for Attendance Records & Grades Reporting

Infinite Campus is a helpful and useful tool for educators. It makes grades reporting easier and more convenient most of the time.

Pros

This software makes grades reporting easier and more helpful to parents, teachers, and students. The ease of recording student attendance is a plus.

Cons

This software does not always sync grades correctly and submitting final grades is much more difficult than it needs to be. I wish Infinite Campus was able to align better with other educational grade reporting software so that the systems work together to benefit students, parents, and teachers.

josh

Overall, I had a positive experience with Infinite Campus as I learned more about it's features.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to use and transfer grade-book settings from year to year as well as the customized grade reporting. While almost every program used for grading or attendance has these features, this system was the most straightforward and intuitive I've used.

Cons

It's gotten better in terms of student/parent interface over the past few years, although I sometimes get frustrated as setting up online assignments from class to class can be tedious. Also, it seems to work better with some web browsers(IE) than others(Chrome).

Kyle

Amazing upgrade to our SIS, easy to use and always available

Easy to use, extremely powerful product. Able to combine all of our campus programs into this one piece of software.

Pros

We recently changed from Schoolmaster, which was old and archaic. Infinite campus makes everything extremely easy to find, and combines all aspects of our campus in one easy to use program. This was a familiar product in some aspects as the state uses it already

Cons

This was a huge change from our last SIS, so the training was quite intensive, as was the exporting and importing of data to the new database.

Lissa

Infinite Campus

The program allows information to be available to anyone with access to find information about students that is needed quickly and easily.

Pros

It is easy to use. New employees are able to start using it immediately because it is user friendly. Very helpful to use a program that is web based so work can be done from anywhere. It seems to be a program that can be customized for different school districts' needs.

Cons

There have been times when multiple people are adding information to a document and one person's information is not saved. There's no indication of this until you reopen it later and your stuff is just not there. This may have been fixed as I have not had this happen in a long time. The only other problem is that if I have access to a student for special education, I only have access to their special ed documents, not their schedule or attendance. This could be a feature that my district does though.

suzy

everything in one place!

I love the way that I can look at all kinds kinds student data with just a few clicks!

Pros

With Infinite campus, all of our student info is in one place. I never have to search for IEPS, medical info o allergies, or previous grades. It's all there. I can put in multiple grades at one time, and it's sup easy!

Cons

I wish that I could see student grades for a previous semester on the same page a curren grades. That would enable m to see I their grades are improving or not.

Edith

IC is OK!

Since staff has to have a lot of information available to us about our students, IC is an efficient system to collect and store this critical info.

Pros

IC makes it easy to look up IEPs and check on medical or other flagged details on our students. I can print out information to share with staff and enter assessment info that we can all use.

Cons

When we used IC to track grades, it didn't work well for us at the elementary level. Since we don't use that anymore, I have no complaints!

Infinite Campus SIS