• Pros

• "I love how it integrates to Clever. Once the kids have gotten used to it, it puts all of their assignments in one place. I like being able to drag and drop assignments for the week. "

• "I like the look of the software and website, and the fact that it integrates with our student attendance/information system. I like that you can list lessons by days and title them appropriately."

• "The customer service is extremely responsive. Features are being constantly upgraded in response to needs. It has great potential with the better features being added. "

• Cons

• "If anything, I would love to have a discussion tool and quiz maker that can put the grade directly into my grade book. "

• "I would love to be able to have students submit their assignment, get feedback from me, and then for them to be able to re-submit the assignment with corrections. "

• "I can't assign things to more than one class and I wasn't able to get resolution to a question I had about grading tests, so I still don't use KIDDOM for my tests."

Browse Kiddom Reviews

Kelli from Vernonia High School

Great experience, extremely useful.

Allows me to personalize instruction fairly easily.

Pros

The flexibility of assigning different tasks to different students, as well as the deep resource pool. It's a great way to personalize learning in a fairly simple manner. Works great for projects, as well.

Cons

Can be a bit buggy when logging students in (sometimes the app freezes). There are also some linked resources (primarily from CK-12) that don't work well. Could use a way to integrate questions/responses, grading, and link embedding directly into assignments.

Jordan from Hiawatha Academies

Helping us through a difficult Fall

Pros

Hi, I am a 4th grade teacher who started using Kiddom this fall in full distance learning. It has been an great decision overall (although I do not really know about how much it costs). Here are the things that make it strong: 1. It is a good mix of versatile vs easy to use for kids- meaning, I can largely change it for what I want, but it functions pretty easily for student. 2. Grading is really easy- you can input MC and have them graded for you, or put grading notes for other teachers.

Cons

1. My school bought Kiddom to use for its partnership with EL (a Lit curriculum). Although we do use Kiddom successfully for Lit, the EL resources are difficult to navigate. Honestly, this is probably more of a problem with EL than it is with Kiddom. 2. Creating your own activities/lessons is time consuming. It takes a while to input each question individually and does not have a copy/past feature. This would be really helpful as many of the questions that I ask follow a similar format, and I need to input them manually each time. 3. My students largely are all on Chromebooks (and therefore the same type of device), but the interface on their screens occasionally looks different (due to sizing, etc). this has caused some confusion with kids. 4. We tried to write an essay on Kiddom this week and it was a struggle. Navigating between different assignments is not really possible for many of our kids and navigating within an assignment is fairly awkward as the questions can stretch or shrink if you click on them. We are opting to using Googledocs for any larger writing assignments, but still love Kiddom for daily work.

Reasons for Switching to Kiddom

Kiddom gives a lot more options for written output. We still use Seesaw, and it is better at some features, but this was more appropriate for 4th grade.

Twyla from The American School Foundation

Kiddom Could be Great

I have been learning and showing teachers how to use it since May of last year, and although it is becoming a more fluid experience it still has many opportunities for improvement. I still use it for exit slips and some tests, but I prefer Google Forms and Khan Academy for immediate feedback for practice, Desmos for exploration and synchronous lessons and Google Docs for tests allowing students to draw on the tests.

Pros

OUR are available, aligned to stds, and can be edited. Easy to submit a grade per student per activity. Feedback allows for audio and images and arrives in email account. The Done and Late links are helpful in finding work to grade. The assignments are broken into weeks.

Cons

Students need to be able to draw a number line a shape on the grid, show their work with a tape diagram and plot coordinate pairs. Kiddom does not have these tools everything is text or students write in their notebook and upload images. Late work is only mentioned as a notification ex. 3 days ago, but should be tagged on the assignment. Students that join with two different accounts does not show the email used, so a teacher cannot determine which account to delete. Difficult to use distantly synchronous, since there is not a way to see what the student is working on in a specific moment. Ex Desmos and Nearpod show you the students’ work on a summary page “live”. Reports are not helpful. If I want only the Unit Test to show me the standards’ aligned with student proficiency, I can’t. It includes the exit slips and other assignments. Glitches are common for example 1) students go i to the account and the see that 30 assignments are late (I have to tell them don’t worry, it is a glitch) 2) I drag an assignment and it doesn’t drag to the week assignments so I try a couple more times and next thing I know I have assigned the same assignment 10 times. Many of the library’s resources are not linked correctly. If I link Khan Academy, the scores are not included in Kiddom. I also have to assign in Khan Academy and find the scores there. Google Docs cannot be assigned making a copy for each student in Kiddom. Self grading with auto feedback options would be great.

Reasons for Choosing Kiddom

I didn’t. I am using them synchronously.

Selina from Stewarts Creek Middle School

Teacher review

I can communicate and distribute information to my students who are distance learning.

Pros

Kiddom is user friendly, and their customer help team responds in a quickly manner.

Cons

I don't like that I have to upload material separately. Most of my classes use the same lessons.

Allison from May-Port CG School

New and Happy

The customer service is top notch!

Pros

It is an easy way to share the curriculum with my distance learners.

Cons

Some parts are cumbersome. Some things aren’t easy to share with families, use.

Price and amazing products

Reasons for Switching to Kiddom

We were up for a new curriculum and wanted something w more projects/hands on, and tech.

Justin from Rutherford County Schools

A Secondary Teacher's Review of Kiddom

At the start of the school year, I tried using Kiddom as a complete replacement from the previous learning management system. I still use Kiddom daily, but I started to use a previous system as well. My experience with Kiddom has left me wanting more regarding a complete replacement of systems since it is more work for me to have to use Kiddom and another system. However, the lack of a digital notebook feature and ease of sending feedback to students for graded assignments has left me with a negative experience because of what I was used to and then being required to change to a new system that did not have these features.

Pros

As a high school teacher, I use Kiddom by creating lessons daily. When assigning the lessons to a class timeline, students receive an email. In addition, any time there is a class announcement posted, students receive an email. Therefore, one of the best features of Kiddom is the ease of notifying students of lessons and announcements.

Cons

At the start of the school year, I tried to use Kiddom by replacing it with a system that I have used in previous years. However, Kiddom does not let you edit an assignment once it has been assigned to students. In addition, I am unable to collaborate in a Professional Learning Community using Kiddom (although Kiddom advertises this) because once sharing with other colleagues on Kiddom, they cannot modify the lesson or unit without changing my version of the lesson or unit.

Reasons for Switching to Kiddom

School district pushed Kiddom as an everyday learning management system. Since I am required to use Kiddom, I use it daily, but only minimally, as I have switched back to the previous management system, Microsoft Teams.

Gerald from Siegel High School

Kiddom Classroom Software Review

The software takes time to learn. The interface is not visually appealing.

Pros

Posting assignments is easy. Also, login in to the platform is easy.

Cons

I do not like the visual appearance of the software. I do not like that you cannot customize the class names. Everything is very separated i.e. grades, assignments, etc. I would like it all to be available on one screen when you click a student's name rather than toggling multiple screens.

Reasons for Choosing Kiddom

We were told that was what the county purchased.

Timothy from Oakland High School

A program in progress

I've spent time trying to make the most of my Kiddom use, and for the most part, it's worked for me. There are flaws that are very frustrating, and I'm still trying to be patient to see them worked out. The program is slowly improving, but at the moment, it's still obviously a work in progress that needs to continue to listen to the user needs.

Pros

The communication features work well, especially now that students may be grouped. Once that feature was added, I was able to group and teach both distance learning and in-person learning successfully, though things such as discussion boards still don't exist. Overall, the activity layout is functional and clear. Assigning activities is very easy and can be done in multiple ways, with various editable aspects (individually assign, adjust time and due date, etc). I appreciate these features.

Cons

The default settings cannot be adjusted, so for example every question is worth an arbitrary 4 points until it is manually changed. Therefore, I have to manually adjust so many features on every single activity. If I could just adjust the settings so that each assignment started the way I wanted (summative, with 10 point questions, NOT labeled participation, etc) that would save me several obnoxious clicks. Also, the help team response time has slowed considerably, and certain obvious fixes still haven't been made, such as the click-through glitch on multiple-part questions. I'm sure this is because we inundated them with needs, etc, but it's frustrating to have the same problems over and over. Also, the problem of not being able to duplicate and adjust assignments is frustrating. Every new assignment has to be created from scratch OR written over an old assignment so we can't have multiple versions or save copies of past assignments for remediation needs. This is a pretty serious issue as it adds time and work to teachers who are already overloaded. Finally, the fact that the elements (questions, text boxes, directions, etc) within an activity DON'T stay in the order we put them, but default to a specific order (questions always at the bottom, text boxes on top) at the moment they're assigned means that I can't space directions through the activity. All directions have to be at the top unless you cheat and put directions in a question box. It's frankly infuriating.

Madison from Rutherford County Schools

From a Biology teacher: good in a pinch but room for improvement

Overall, Kiddom has proved to be a very useful resource during this challenging year. I think there could be a few simple fixes that would make a WORLD of difference for teacher-usefulness.

Pros

I think the basic idea of Kiddom is great! It has definitely been useful this year as a relatively simple way to relay lessons and assignments to students. As a type-A personality teacher, the organization of Kiddom is fantastic (classes, units, then lesson plans). That part of Kiddom was obviously well-thought out with teacher-friendliness in mind.

Cons

Limitations to certain features frustrate me and cost me precious time. 1st) If I need to edit an assignment I have already assigned to my classes, I have to edit it, then delete it from every individual class (that is especially frustrating), then re-assign it to every individual class. Maybe I have misunderstood how to assign lessons to my kids, but it seems like there should be something more time-effective than editing, deleting, then re-assigning to every individual period. 2nd) There should be a more teacher-friendly way for students to submit assignments. I tried making a submit button for their assignments, but found it to be, again, not a time-effective process so I eventually got frustrated and gave up. My distance learners use Microsoft Teams to turn in my assignments (which is also a lot of clicks but it was more teacher-friendly than Kiddom, so I rolled with it). 3rd) There needs to be a way to assign lessons to every section of my class with only one click. I get frustrated with dragging an assignment over to every single class when the assignment is the same for each class. Microsoft Teams lets you create one assignment then choose which classes you'd like to assign it to. 4th) I would really appreciate being able to share lessons that I've created on Kiddom with the other teachers in my department and them be able to push these lessons directly out to their students (without having to copy/paste my lessons into their curriculum or create questions I made).

Joseph from Rutherford County Schools

A teacher's input

It has not been a good experience, especially at the beginning of the school year. I have grown accustomed to its quirks and have begun to make it work.

Pros

I appreciate that KIDDOM imports my class rosters on a regular basis. I also appreciate that it provides an 'announcement' page for all of my students to see. I'm glad they changed the format for seeing assignments in 'newest first' as opposed to the other way.

Cons

1. I did not like the fact that they offered a 'multi-select' feature for assessments and then it didn't work at all (I believe that has changed in the past month). 2. The number of clicks it takes to add an assignment is TOO MUCH. Steps: I open the class. I click 'timeline'. I click 'add assessment'. I click 'activity' or 'assessment'. Finally, after I've created the assignment, I must open each class of mine individually to assign the same assessment (although I teach 5 periods of the same section). 3. When trying to see assignments, or add assignments, there are too many panels and it makes the working panel too small, especially when I'm trying to display this to my students. 4. When trying to reply to a message, the 'chat' bubble is in front of the 'send' icon. It takes some precise point/click movements to send the message. 5. The 'chat' bubble is ALWAYS on top and I don't use it that much to take up screen space.

MARIA from The American School Foundaiton

A middle school math review

I have had a general good experience with Kiddom, but I have to say that at the beginning when I was just learning the system as well as my students, we needed a lot of support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to be able to really get to know it. The system is not friendly by itself at the very beginning. I think for online learning it works, but I am not sure if we would use it if we had the physical books in the classroom. Hopefully more automatic graded practice could be included to extend its benefits.

Pros

I liked how Kiddom helped me and my students turn in and grade work during the pandemia online learning. What I like the most is that the Open up resources are directly assigned to the students and sometimes apps like Geogebra are inserted to help students learn. I also like the fact that teachers can give comments to their students and how to improve their work. Even though I have not used much the data reviews, I think they are valuable resources to see how the students are growing.

Cons

I don't like that I have to assign as many times as classes I have the same work with different dates to my different class periods. This really consumes time. I don't like that in order to assign work I have to scroll down up the present unit I am which consumes time. I also don't like that I have to grade the assignments to be able to get data from the data. I wish some automatic features were there to provide with automatic data without me having to grade every single assignment my students take. I don't like that sometimes when students change device the system does not allow them to enter until they remove cookies in their devices. I also don't like that if I change something that change is reflected also to my colleague when we are sharing the same curriculum. Finally, I wish that when students did something in the apps, Kiddom could keep their work because if students do not take screenshots, their work is not saved. Uploading images takes a lot of time from them.

Nicole from Corpus Christi School

Free planner and gradebook that helps me track standards easily

It makes my whole workflow as it should be: in one place. If only it can grade essays! ;) It has made tracking student progress really easy. I can understand how students are doing on individual standards in real time and it has been a good way to go back to student evidence.

Pros

I used Google really briefly because I wanted my middle school students to be able to view assignments online, but I didn't like it. I'm loving Kiddom because I can plan directly in the web app, drag the assignment to assign, and share it with students. So much better for my workflow and the design is intuitive. 1. STANDARDS /GRADEBOOK: You can attach and TRACK standards right there in the app: it automatically generates reports, which students can see too. Saves me time generating progress reports. 2. PLANNER: I can plan and assign in one view: plan on the left and then drag it into "Timeline" to assign it. 3. DIFFERENTIATION: I can make a personalized list of assignments for a student; assign them something from the library as an extension or remediation, or flip the classroom by giving them a video as a lesson. 4. COLLABORATION: You can share the assignments with other teachers to keep on the same page and collaborate on modifying some assignments. Kiddom is really simple and intuitive for students to use on a laptop or app, too. Their support is really responsive and super helpful. I only got started this year, but already looking forward to using it next year, too!

Amy from Rutherford County Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Kiddom in the Elementary Classroom

Overall, Kiddom was very stressful at first! haha BUT I do feel that once you got into it and learned the software, it was very easy to use and actually offers a lot of features! I know this is true with most software and digital things as I know they are forever evolving and changing and updating. I truly appreciate Kiddom and the staff for all they have done to keep us engaged with our students during this crazy time and also keeping Kiddom updated so that we can continue to do so. I will admit, we were very overwhelmed and frustrated at first, but all things considered, I think Kiddom has made our hybrid model of Distance Learning flow more smoothly than had our district chosen Google Classroom or another feature. Thank you so much for all you guys (and gals) have done to keep us in the loop and up to date with the technology!

Pros

Being able to assign things to students is obviously beneficial. I like that we can reassign something to an individual kid too. I enjoy being able to communicate with them through the site as well. I also appreciate the updates as we requested them to make it run more smoothly overall. The way it links to our Clever accounts is also a great feature that saved us a lot of time in the midst of all the pandemic madness.

Cons

I wish we would have received training on this prior to when we did. We were thrown into it blindly and honestly, it was not easy to follow or understand at first. Having a training feature like new apps have would have been helpful that walks you through where everything is. It also took longer than we hoped for "multi-select" to be an option. It is now which is awesome though! At my school, we created "PLC classes" so that we could collaborate and share documents and assignments we had made with our grade level instead of each person doing that individually. Having a collaboration option would have been helpful.

Jeremy from Smyrna High School

Kiddom Review from Science Teacher

Once, the process of getting it all set up was done, it kept me organized.

Pros

Once, it was all set up, it was easy to assign the work each week.

Cons

It was hard to learn how to set it up. Lots of trial and error. You couldn't delete certain material once you created it. Students had issues uploading and attaching assignments. For a long time, you couldn't respond to students from the email notifications you got when they asked questions. Creating multiple choice test is a long process and their is no way to created a template.

Reasons for Choosing Kiddom

Administration wanted us to try it.

Reasons for Switching to Kiddom

It was mandatory from administration.

Laura from Rutherford County Schools

Elementary ESL use

We're all learning during this school year, so I want to extend some grace and flexibility to the team at Kiddom. However, training to use the software was minimal to nonexistent and the software was not very intuitive. I think Kiddom would benefit from adding educational experts to their team as well as data security experts.

Pros

User interface functions on all browsers and all devices. Ability to embed video.

Cons

- Unable or very difficult to share activities or units with other teachers in my building - Creating an activity that asks students to record themselves, they are unable to see/read the prompt as they make the recording because the recording function blocks view of the window. - Unable to schedule assignments to push out to students on certain days of the week - all assignments can be completed as soon as they are loaded, even if students are not ready for them or have not completed other assignments. - Unable to copy/paste activities from one curriculum to another - Unable for students to physically / visually manipulate activities within kiddom (for example, drag and drop features available to students on google slides via google classroom) - Submitting a photo of work is listed as an "open ended" response and can be problematic for students - Adding students must be done from student end and cannot be done from teacher end - All assignments look identical on timeline, no thumbnail options for pre-literate students - Chat box is very annoying always blocking access to curriculum that I want to add to timeline - Classroom page is visible on web browser but not on app

Kelly from Smyrna High School

Kiddom for Education

I have had some questions along the way, and the support staff has been fantastic to jump in and help immediately. I work with a team of teachers, and we all laugh because we feel like we know the support staff by name we have asked them so many questions! Overall, I really think Kiddom is useful in my classroom. I do not know what I would do without it.

Pros

I have not used many online platforms for education until this year. At first, the learning curve for me was rough! But I watched the training videos, and emailed for help, and just played around with the software, and I feel like I have a grasp on how to best use this platform. I like that the platform is organized so well for teachers and students. I feel like students can navigate easily between their different classes. I love that I can plan with other teachers, and we can share assignments! Everything is also so easy to put online for the kids.

Cons

I would love for there to be a way to time assessments. The main problem with online assessments is that students can easily cheat. They can look up the answers quickly. I would love an online timer so that it would at least be harder for students to do this quickly.

Brenda from Riverdale High School

Good product, with anticipation of continued improvements

It has been pretty good so far, but I am still learning. I have created content, but as I learn more, I want to reorganize things, but that isn’t possible yet. I would love to be able to drag a lesson or activity into a different unit, or just duplicate a lesson/activity within a unit that is very similar to a previous one. I would also love to be able to “mass grade” an assignment, then just go back and change a few grades manually.

Pros

I’m still learning, but I like the concept of having the courses, then units, and lessons, and activities. I also like that I can just link other lessons or activities (Forms, videos, etc.) into the lessons. I like that it is linked to our roster of student so that new students are automatically added to the class and I don’t have to annually add them. I like it enough that I have not given up on it, knowing that development is still happening.

Cons

- inability to organize lessons/activities after they are created (rearrange a lesson as you are working on it, i.e. re-order questions, insert a question that you forgot...) - inability to print a lesson activity for someone who needs a hard copy (limited or no internet) - inability to duplicate a lesson, then tweak it for a different unit. The mobile app version, so far, is useless. I was originally only able to *see* what was there, then recently found the ability to *grade* from the app. However, when I went into my desktop, none of the grades were “submitted” - I still had to go through each student and actually click “Submit.”

Stephanie from Xet’olacw Community School

Great ideas, potential and customer service but has lots of growth left to do

This service has great potential to grow. I like their ideas and goals for standards based tracking and differentiation but the execution often comes with many glitches and overall annoying to use and confusing for students at times. The upside is their incredible customer service.

Pros

AMAZING Customer service which makes up for its glitches. I get responses within a couple hours. When my gradebook was glitching out before my report cards were due, Ekta literally worked around the clock to make one for me manually.

Cons

- Glitches when posting - glitched on all my report cards -inconsistent notifications of messages from students so it is unreliable as a messaging service - i would like an option for teachers giving feedback on written responses to comment or highlight like it was a Google Doc - I would like an option to print out student work along with my feedback on the same document for hybrid learners

Reasons for Choosing Kiddom

standards based tracking, report cards

Gerald from Rutherford County Schools

Works well and getting better

It was a bit of a challenge at first. It was a brand new system to our district and a brand new thing for us to use generally. There was a brief amount of training which led to a lot of complaints but that was not the fault of the developers. Overall it's been a good experience once I was able to navigate and get things done with the program. The team at Kiddom has seemed to be very receptive to the users and helping with any issues.

Pros

Once you get the hang of navigating and inputting information, use of the program is pretty straightforward. As with anything new there is a bit of a learning curve but nothing insurmountable. Being able to organize classes has been both the biggest obstacle and the most convenient feature...there was no way to do it at first but now it is easily done. There are continuous upgrades happening behind the scenes that make the program more user friendly. There is no problem adding links, videos, or files. Getting notifications about student work are very convenient. Being able to communicate with any of the tech help is great and they are very good about answering questions and addressing concerns.

Cons

While there are upgrades happening sometimes they take a little while to reach the users. But it does seem like they are listening to suggestions and possible problems and being proactive about addressing them.

Amy from Hamilton County Schools

Working with Kiddom

Very good, friendly and helpful. Tech support is usually quick to respond.

Pros

Very user friendly for students and helps to deliver quality content much more easily than other online platforms

Cons

There are some functions I want to have available such as duplicating/copying assignments.

District/school implementation of Kiddom

Melody from Rutherford County Schools

Kiddom from a Teacher POV

Overall, I am not super happy with Kiddom. I listed many of our issues above in the cons. I can't say I would recommend it to any teacher peers.

Pros

I like how things are broken into subjects, so students are able to easily access the content.

Cons

I do not like that you can't click on a child's name and see what has been completed by him/her. You have to click the assignment, and then click the child's name to see what was entered. I do not like that if a child forgets to hit submit, it looks as if they did not complete it at all. There should be an in progress area. Or their name should switch colors. Or honestly, anything. I do not like how time consuming it is to enter multiple choice items in. You have to click to add another letter, and half the time it randomly disappears. Click the letter for each item, and it is always delayed. It takes a considerable amount of time to enter even five questions for a quick exit ticket. The letter choices of ABCD should automatically come up, and then people have the option to choose less if necessary. I hate how to have to click a subject, and then assignment, and then scroll through to see who turned things in. My team and I talk often about how amazing it would be to be able to login and get an actual overview of what had been done that day.

Chara from Smyrna Middle School

Review for Kiddom from and Educator

Pros

*The way it looks *It is easy to embed videos or other interactive programs such as Padlet, Nearpod, or Microsoft forms *It is easy to create assignments and activities *There is a new color coding feature for the assignments which I think is meant to indicate when new assignments have been submitted. But I do not know what the colors mean, it was never clearly explained (which is a con).

Cons

*It is not easy to upload pictures. They have to be saved and uploaded, instead of copy and pasted. *You cannot assign the lessons to multiple classes at once. The assignments must be assigned one class at a time, which is time consuming. *Typing quiz questions in is tedious. It would be easier if the questions could be copied and pasted in, and then autogenerated. A good example of this is on Plickers.com. *Assignments cannot be removed or ended (one of the most frustrating features).

Reasons for Choosing Kiddom

I did not choose it. It was chosen for my school district. But I do use it, because it has many benefits. I use Microsoft TEAMs in addition to Kiddom to gain access to features that are not easily accessible in Kiddom, such as ending assignments.

ANTHONY from Media

Pleasant and usable

We were looking for a good way to get students and classes grouped for Flipped Learning and this was a great solution that worked well across two schools. Overall, I'm very happy.

Pros

It's cross-platform availability, the fact that students can install it on their smartphones; especially now it's available on either iOS or Android as well as desktop. The ease of creating a class and how students can add themselves without a big fuss.

Cons

I cannot duplicate planned curriculums across classes, I have to add it all again manually which is a massive pain when I work across two different schools but am teaching more or less the same level and curriculum.

Barry from Rutherford County Schools

Kiddom 101

We have had a great experience with Kiddom and hope to use it again next year if we are still required to teach distance learners as well as in person learners. Kiddom is a great tool that we are learning more about and adapting to each week.

Pros

We were asked to use Kiddom this year for our distance learners and once we figured out the ease of the software, we really enjoy it. After we understood that it was folders within folder within folders, we were able to organize our material into chapters, then section within the chapters and then assignments within the sections in the chapters. It is easy to create assignments, assign them to the students, keep track of the assignments and keep up with grades. The students have been able to complete the work, turn it in and make up work.

Cons

We have only had one time when Kiddom did not work properly. During a two day period, Kiddom did not grade the assignments or only graded part of the assignments. Some teachers have said that students turned in their work and it did not get submitted to the teacher but we have not had this problem in Physical Science.

Jennifer from Rutherford County Schools

From a teacher's point of view - Kiddom review

Overall, I like this platform for use with our distance learners. The message center allows me to communicate broadly with my classes and the assignments are useful in communicating more individual with them. This year has been very challenging and this program has been one that makes it less stress filled.

Pros

I like that all of our students' classes are kept in one location for them to access easily. The program is user friendly in creating assignments and assessments. The ability to take pictures or incorporate videos as responses (from students) is especially important right now with our virtual learners. Being able to assign work to individual students or the entire class is very useful as we have virtual learners doing differentiated assignments.

Cons

The only thing I find an inconvenience is that previous assignments are not chunked together as date clusters like the week they were assigned. If I want to copy an assignment or need to pull it up to edit, I have to scan down the assignments on the right slide button. I do not have standards listed for ESL that would help categorize them more efficiently.

Kelli from Whitworth-Buchanan Middle School

Classroom Teacher review of Kiddom for distance learning

This software was thrust upon us with very little time or training, so I feel I wasn't introduced to it in the best way and given time to really learn. That being said I've done most of the learning about the software on my own. It is fairly easy for teachers, not easy at all for students in terms of understanding how to do a complete assignment. I was disappointed it lets students "Submit" work without doing any work. I would also like to see students be able to write directly on attached documents and submit for a grade.

Pros

Cons

It does not allow for students to write on attached documents and then save. It does not allow you to look at a whole class' work on one assignment simultaneously. The option to "Submit" or "Mark as Done" without having to do any work is the worst. Students shouldn't be able to click "Submit" or "Mark as Done" if an attachment is required or questions are to be answered. It is not seamless in allowing you to go back and forth from class to class.

Kelly from Rutherford County Schools

Kiddom in Education

In general, Kiddom has not been the best experience. I find it rather a nuisance more than anything because it requires so many steps to get to what you want and to make it do what you want it to do. I think there should be a much more streamlined version of this program with input from teachers on how this should work.

Pros

The ease of just dropping a file into a classroom.

Cons

I think the most frustrating part of this software is the set up of each class, activities, etc. I don't feel that this software in general is very user-friendly and it takes a very long time to go through EACH CLASS to drop in the lesson plan for that day. There should be an option to click on various classes and do ONE drop of a lesson plan/file/activity, etc.

Reasons for Switching to Kiddom

County school system implementation.

Heaven from Rutherford County Schools

Kiddom makes setting up lessons for distance AND in person students so EASY!

Pros

The best part of this software is that I can upload my curriculum once and assign it or re-assign it as needed to students. I can use it to in place of sub plans and students aren't missing out on high quality instructions. It is easy to access and understand. Plus, I can quickly assess their mastery of standards.

Cons

Integration was difficult at first because as adults, we don't often like change. However, Kiddom has worked to meet the needs of teachers across the district. I do wish the texts for announcements were able to be edited, like change colors, sizes, and /or bolded because students tend to miss important dates and things.

Julie from RC schools

Kiddom still a work in progress with great potential

Kiddom has potential but I believe was released and used by teachers without being fully vetted. There are so many needs that are unmet and several features available at the start that are entirely not useful. The emphasis on testing and grading within the system are not very useful when it does not integrate with grade management outside of the kiddom platform. The inability to backup or retain files (work) outside of kiddom makes establishment of curriculum less attractive.

Pros

Cons

The rolling out of new features leads to surprises when accessing the platform. Changes are happening weekly and mostly result in improvement to user interface however its difficult to mediate student use as a teacher when the interface changes. Material created in Kiddom has no use outside of the platform. As teachers develop material, creating in a proprietary platform, in which nothing can be used outside Kiddom is incredibly unattractive.

Amee from LaVergne Lake Elementary

A company that will grow!

My overall experience has been positive. Our training was a little rocky because we had some glitches and the start was not entirely Kiddos fault because I don't think our district was prepared for the amount of virtual learners we would have. That being said the customer support team/chat is amazing. They will respond fairly quickly with how-to information and they were listening to their customers for feedback and making changes. That is why I titled this review a company that will grow- because they listen to the teachers, make adjustments and have quality staff. Keep it up Kiddom, you are on to something!

Pros

The software once familiar is a lot of clicking and dragging so anyone can do it. Not only that, I taught myself and watched tutorials how to create assignments. For this, I am pleased with how quick I was able to pick it up.

Cons

Not being able to have one spot to get all of the coursework turned in. I had to click on each student and download. Also, not sure if there is a more informative way or easier way to get clear images. Many parents did not download the app and that makes it so much easier.

Chad from Rutherford County School

Kiddom Rutherford County Schools

I use it daily for school and distance learning. I'm not very fluent with using it, but it's getting easier everyday.

Pros

Cons

I would love to be able to easily move assignments around, Drag and drop to different classes and what not. It would be nice to be able to set a time for an assignment to "open up", for instance assign it for the week, but kids cant open it until a specific day. Creating assignments and putting them where I need them to be is a chore for me every time I try to do it. Maybe some kind of "File system" would be beneficial. So things can easily be moved. I'd love to be able to edit thigs and save them without editing everyone's entire lesson. We share a lot of these resources and once it's been edited, it can not be changed back to. Online training course would have been great at the beginning.

GINA MICHELLE from American School Foundation

Kiddom's Pro's and Con's

Lessons are mostly ready and available for every OUR unit and lesson. However, I have had to edit every lesson to add Desmos slides so students could work interactively plus Google Forms to grade each skill and standard with more accuracy.

Pros

Lessons are ready to use. There is an attempt to collect data about students' standard proficiency . However, the data turns out inaccurate when students do not complete the assigned work.

Cons

The software is not very user friendly in the sense of having to assign the lessons to each group individually instead of offering the option of assigning to all groups at once. To find lessons, user has to scroll all the way down to units and then lessons instead of having a search window to find lessons right away. Parents cannot be invited to be part of the platform. There are no options to have interactive lessons or the option for teachers to see what students are doing in real time at a glance during remote learning. To bridge this deficiency, I have added Desmos lessons to the Kiddom activities.

Caron from Riverdale High School

Use for Elementary, but...

Overall, I am not overly impressed. Yes, it has worked okay, but so does Microsoft Teams (and it's much easier to use and maneuver through). As a high school teacher, Kiddom seems to be of better use for the elementary set. My classes are not listed in order of class period and there is no way for me to rearrange them. To check on my students' late work, it is an exhaustingly taxing experience to click my way through the program to get to previous assignments.

Pros

I appreciate that nothing is erased/deleted, even after the term ends. It makes grade recovery much easier for the instructor.

Cons

The complication of getting from one place to another. I still don't understand why I need to click on multiple (4-7) icons to get to one assignment. I also am often frustrated with the reviewing of assignments turned in. Every time I click on the back button to return to the timeline, it takes me back to the current week, regardless of what week I was currently in. I then have to click on load more, wait for it to appear on my screen, and then scroll down to click on the assignment.

Angel from LaVergne High School

Distance Learners

Overall, once I figured out how to use the program it has really been a great tool for me; especially as a first time distance learning educator.

Pros

The thing I like most about Kiddom is the ease of use for my students. They got the hang of this program quickly. I also like the fact that I can send them a private message after grading a lesson with specific details for them. In addition, I can post a message for the entire classroom for all of my classes.

Cons

This program has a lot of bells and whistles; which made it somewhat challenging to get use to and learn at the beginning of the school year.

Kristine from Grand Middle School

Reflection of a 7th grade math teacher

Pros

During covid, we have had to go paperless, and teach blended classes (online and in person). Have the OUR readily available to all students, with common naming has been HUGE. The support for learning and developing our classes has been great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is exceptional and accommodates our time difference, and everyone helps find solutions or provides instruction to meet our needs.

Cons

Since I am a first time user, and we are in the middle of the all the Covid Drama, I have not had adequate time to really embrace this, and making do as best I can. I also have found that many of the additional materials are "examples" that to use we need to join and pay a fee. I would rather not wasting my time looking at activites only to find out they are not available.

Reasons for Switching to Kiddom

Like the sales pitch number one. Secondly, when we can am looking forward to using the information to differnetiate students learning.

Ashley from Rutherford County Schools

Hybrid Learning Resource

Overall my experience has been good. We had to learn how to operate the system in a very short period of time and it has become easier and easier each day.

Pros

I really like how the classes are easily laid out and accessible for my younger students to find. I also really like how many different types of activities and questions can be created within each unit. The updates have made the program much more user friendly and I appreciate the constant improvements being made.

Cons

One of the cons I have noticed about using Kiddom is that you are not able to move around assignments and activities once they are created. I spent 30 minutes making an assignment and then realized I had made it under the wrong class and I could not share it with my team. Another con is the lagging that seems to happen within the app. I will create a question or a text box and when I click out of the box, all of the words disappear and I have to redo the entire thing.

Carrie from Riverdale high

Industry: Fine Art

Art teacher

Getting better, but still have bugs. Like what if a teacher accidentally grades an assignment but nothing was Submitted sooooo now student can’t submit.

Pros

I like it all in one spot, there are just a few rough edges. For Art sometimes I need the students to turn in their work multiple times. Many students indicate they can’t do that they get a prompt that tells them they have already turned it in.

Cons

No date stamps on student work...the students are turning stuff in and indicating that they have waited on me. Which I can’t prove

Amanda from Rutherford County Schools

Kiddom review November

Overall, I enjoy it. I wish it was more user friendly on both ends.

Pros

I like the fact that once an assignment is input, it can be automatically graded. I LOVE that we can now change the due dates for each assignment instead of everything being "due" Fridays.

Cons

Often when creating assignments, it lags. The system will kick you out of a question after you've begun typing it and erase what you have already put. Often the page will give you an error message and delete whatever you're working on. I'm not sure why it does this. Also, I wish there was an option to make groups. Currently our entire class is listed, but I only have a group of 6 who consistently do work on Kiddom. I wish I was able to make a group of these students to select the "group" when assigning instead of unselecting all and then going through to add each DL student I have every time for every assignment.

Jeff from Rutherford County Schools

I like this program for the most part. It takes some getting used to.

I don't mind using it at this point. There are things that can be made better. If certain things were changed it would probably be a pretty good platform.

Pros

It is fairly easy to create units and lessons and then make them available to students.

Cons

When students turn in late work, I am not aware that they have turned anything in. I have to go back and check student by student from the screen to my gradebook in order to find students who submitted after I initially graded the assignment. It takes a lot more time than I have. I also cannot see the date that they turned it in. This is my biggest complaint. Late work should go to a certain place or it needs to have a submission date. Also, we should be able to fine tune how we are seeing and storing our assignments and units. They tweaked it a month ago and that seemed to make it a little better but I would like to be in control of that.

Amber from Rutherford County Schools

Kiddom keeps me sane

Kiddom has saved my classroom this year! I can create and keep all of their assignments in one place, and track their progress. This has been the most challenging year, by far, for me and probably most teachers. Kiddom is a tool that has made this new learning environment a bit more manageable.

Pros

I use Kiddom daily in my classroom. I create assignments for each subject, each day, for my distance learners. They are able to easily log in through single sign on, and navigate the software to complete and submit their assignments. Kiddom is the only way I have been able to accurately assess my students' learning in this crazy environment. I love that I am able to instantly assess and give feedback to them.

James from Rutherford County Schools

Struggle with Kiddom

It has been a struggle to teach and maintain my classes in Kiddom, but activity making is really nice!

Pros

Activity making is great, though sometimes glitchy

Cons

The interface is a bit of a mess. The students have to transverse a lot of steps to get to assignments and they have to check each individual class to see if they have assignments instead of one timeline for all of their assignment.

EL

Veronica from Siegel High School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Kiddom’s Perks and Flaws

I believe Kiddom is an easy software to get comfortable with fast. I had no problem or issue on how to access my classes and post assignments with instruction for my students.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it allows our school to teach and connect with students who need an easy platform to follow without in person instruction. Kiddom allows you to post assignments, tests, write important announcement’s that will send directly to a students phone if they have their notifications on (I was told by a distance learner, this was there favorite thing about kiddom).

Cons

The least thing I like about Kiddom is accessing students who submit work through the notification button, and how it doesn’t have a gradebook or anywhere that says if a student hasn’t turned in an assignment.

Reasons for Switching to Kiddom

Kiddom is the required platform for our district.

April from Rutherford County Schools

Using Kiddom in a Hybrid Third Grade Class

My experience with kiddom has been decent.

Pros

I like that I simply drag the assignments onto the students` timelines and they can do them asynchronously. I also like that I can assign assignments to individuals in my class.

Cons

I do not like how difficult it is to access the assignments to edit them. It requires a lot of clicking. Our timelines also get very cluttered with all of the assignments that we assign. I wish there was a way to make it more organized.

Brittany from Rutherford County Schools

Kiddom Review

Pros

I like that students have a timeline to easy access their assignments for the week. I love the new added feature where students can type a comment to me in the assignment.

Cons

I have constant issues with creating assignments. I will start typing a question and when I click off of it, it disappears so I have to retype it. This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I am creating an assignment. I wish there was an easier way to fix a problem with an assignment without deleting it off of the students' timelines, re-edit it, and redrag the assignment over. I wish that instead of putting a notification in the "bell," it would give a pop up if students need to look at my comments. I wish there was a way that students could see their wrong answers and then correct them and resubmit.

Haylee from Rutherford County Schools

Using Kiddom to teach distance learning studnets

Overall, Kiddom has been great to use this past few months moving to distance learning. My students had an easy time figuring out how to use it. I love that they are continuing to update Kiddom, and make it better for us.

Pros

I like that on Kiddom I am able to make my assignments under the curriculum in advance, and then not assign them until the day I need them. I also like that my colleagues are able to share assignments we have made on Kiddom to help with the work load.

Cons

What I do not like about Kiddom is that if you make a chart as an answer choice, you have to make it in the answer in order for students to write their answers in. My students accidently hit the back space all the time and then their whole chart is deleted from the assignment and they do not know what their question is.

Webster from Rutherford County Schools

Pretty Good Platform

Overall my experience with KIDDOM is about 6 out of 10. I use it mainly because I am required to use it. I would not use it otherwise, but there are some things I like about it. If the platform was designed to be a little more friendly to teachers that have multiple classes, I would be more inclined to use it voluntarily. I believe that if I had one class of 20 students or so (like an elementary teacher), I would love it.

Pros

I like the method that assignments are built, tests are built, the format options for tests, the ease at which you can insert links into assignments, and ease of which the assignments can be assigned to students in ONE class.

Cons

Jeff from Oakland High School (Rutherford County Schools)

Great idea for a product, but company still needs time to develop.

Not great. Our school system committed to this product over others due to the price of the software. Students have consistently been able to access the software through many of their devices, however, Kiddom has not provided a consistent platform for work submission from students. This is problematic because teaching is all about feedback to promote learning. If students can't consistently submit their work, there is no way for them to get feedback.

Pros

The main purpose I was able to use Kiddom for was work submission. The assignments in Kiddom are well organized in the software and easy for students to access.

Cons

Kiddom is obviously a beta company. They have a lot of issues to work through before become a viable product. There are issues ranging from image submission to assessment design. For example, Kiddom is still working through their "randomization" code for multiple choice answers. Currently this functionality is offered, but doesn't work. The idea behind the product is solid and well needed in schools. It will take time, however, for Kiddom to work through all their issues.

Price.

Natasha from LaVergne High School

Kiddom in the Age of Covid

Overall, my experience has been decent. It hasn't been the best, but there was huge learning curve at the start. However, I do not feel like we were given proper or enough training by our admin before we were to start using it. However, customer service and tech-support have been wonderful!!! They are extremely helpful in troubleshooting whatever issue I was having.

Pros

I like the ease of having one place to put all announcements and assignments for my students. It is easy to upload attachments, or videos, or anything that I need to.

Cons

At first, it was extremely hard to figure out where exactly the submitted work was. I also do not like that you can't reply back to a message directly.

Reasons for Choosing Kiddom

I was not a part of the decision-making team who decided to purchase this product.

Erica from Blackman High School

Kiddom shortfalls

Kiddom gets the job done, but I think it has room to improve. I have no doubt that improvements will be made because I have seen many improvements come in over the last few months. Also, your customer service team is top-notch.

Pros

I like that it is password protected and it is a safe place for me to share work with my students.

Cons

I do not like having to drag the same assignment to multiple classes to assign it. It takes too many clicks and drags. It would be beneficial to be able to select assign now on an assignment and then choose from a drop-down menu each class you want to assign it to. It would also be beneficial to have a monthly calendar overview for students and teachers that includes due dates. Students are not the best at tracking that for themselves.

Jessica from Rutherford County Schools

Kindergarten Teacher review

Pros

I love the different options teachers can use to create a variety of questions on each assignment or quiz. As a kindergarten teacher, I love that they can upload pictures of their work. I also love that you can attached standards to each assignment and grades can automatically hook up to our grading system on skyward. (I don't use this feature as a k teacher, but I think it's amazing for other grade levels to use!)

Cons

As a teacher, I wish when my student's upload a photo of their work, that the photo would automatically show when I am checking their work. Having to click on each individual photo take a lot of time when grading. (I teach kindergarten, so they upload pictures of all their work.)