All Procare Solutions Reviews

Reviewed April 2022

Procare in a nutshell

Shanna

Nice program

Everything works well and I am pleased with how it works and how easy it is to use for the teachers.

PROS

I like that everything is on one system and easy to use.

CONS

The app is so very slow and sluggish, especially in the morning. It takes a while to get it working smoothly, and if the screen dims or whatnot, you have to go through that again.

Christina

Wonderful Newer Product

It continues to be an easy transition from Smartcare to Procare....My parents love the app.

PROS

I left a product that had major reliability problems. Some part of the program was continually down..

CONS

I left a that charged the credit card fees for me....I had to create payment plans to cover those costs...not ideal

Reason for choosing Procare Solutions

I felt Procare was easier to use and set up was quick.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

Cost was one factor but the lack of reliability was truly key.

Megan

Administrator

PROS

Easy for parents to use, photo functionality

CONS

Desktop version is not user friendly and does not pull reports needed

Michelle

Reviewed April 2024

Procare is the Solution

We are happy with our Procare Solutions subscription and don't plan using any other app at this time.

PROS

We use Procare to not only send real time communication to parents but also as administrators we get to see a snapshot of each classrooms day. Parents rave about the ability to see daily updates and pictures of their child when they have to be away at work.

CONS

Sometimes we have issues with the app right around the time there is an update. The issues are usually resolved quickly.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

Customer service was initially good but when our director had a billing issue with a parent's credit care they were not helpful.

Keegan

Reviewed June 2024

Procare is a great tool for any childcare center!

Amazing! We have used it for most of our business history and will continue to use it as long as it is available.

PROS

I love that all of my software needs are located in one place i.e. invoicing, report cards, staff timecards, payroll connection with Gusto

CONS

Since transitioning to Procare there have been quite a few more outages that have affected our center where the app was inaccessible for periods of time.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

The Daily Connect app was not featuring elements that our center needed

Ashley

Reviewed October 2023

Happy Customer

It has helped our enrollment and paperwork upkeep a lot. The few times we've needed customer support they were helpful and nice. It has been a game changer in our program.

PROS

Once everything was set up it combined a lot of my daily tasks into automated ones saving me time in my job daily.

CONS

Setting everything up can be confusing and involves a lot of steps that I felt were repetitive.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

The price point was much better for the options that were offered.

Robin

Reviewed June 2024

Great, user-friendly school management tool

We have been Procare users for years and are very happy with the system's functionality and offerings. We recently had our wall unit replaced and have had many problems with it turning itself off randomly and having fingerprint reader issues. Other than these recent issues, we have been very happy.

PROS

Procare is very easy to navigate and offers many customizable features. Customer service is friendly and helpful!

CONS

I love everything about Procare except the high transaction fees they collect with each batch payment. For a non-profit, private Christian school, the annual cost exceeded $10,000 and we had to discontinue use and go with another company to solely handle billing and payment processing which is so much more affordable. Unfortunately, it is not as easy to use and we wish we could switch back to Procare.

Reason for choosing Procare Solutions

A former Director made the purchasing decision and I am unsure of what comparatively influenced the decision.

Allison

Procare does it all

I love it and will not even consider other software.

PROS

My favorite that is exclusive to Procare is the keyless entry and the ability for the system to unlock the door when parents check in.

CONS

I would have liked more customer support when setting up the system. I needed in person help; not everything can be handled over the phone.

Reason for choosing Procare Solutions

Door opening features, ease of use, and Tuition Express.

Tara

Reviewed June 2024

Procare to simplify my day

PROS

Made tracking and staying on top of things so much easier as an administrator.

CONS

I guess, I would say the date limit on providing invoices. Some families have been with us for over three years and some items only allow a year or a six months time period window.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

More options with ProCare and we didn't have to have a separate server to store information.

Diane

Reviewed June 2024

A program that saves you time and money

very good experience. We sometimes cannot get an easy solution for something but most of the time we get great advice and assistance.

PROS

saves time and clients like using it in addition to the staff

CONS

wait times for getting problems solved.

Reason for choosing Procare Solutions

time, money and ease. Procare had improved quite a bit and surpasses Brightwheel on things we could do on this program.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

Looking for ease. Procare has improved since we began using it 9 years ago. Brightwheel was not good. Lots of problems. We could not make the changes we needed to make after a certain time frame. That made it so hard. We were spending way too much time on it.

renee

Renee's Procare review

PROS

Easy to use and navigate. Makes communication with parents simple.

CONS

It is often not loading or functioning properly.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

The program was outdated and needed better options.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We would love to troubleshoot the loading issues you are having. Please contact our support team at 1-800-964-1729 for general questions and quick assistance.

Replied June 2024

Connie

Reviewed July 2019

Saving time, saves money

Overall, Procare has been amazing and provided us with prompt and effective support. We've been with them through all the different stages of software development.

PROS

It provides an attendance record that allows me to stay on top of building census. It also allows me to process tuition on just a few clicks. It works with our door strike security

CONS

The software update that was done last year did not work with the Procare interface and crashed our computer. Procare offered to send us a new video card that would fix the issue however the expense of a technician to repair it is on us. The alternative is to mail them the device and to go without a check-in station(which also allows access to our security system and unlocks the door for parents.) This options had a 2 week turn around in which our program would have no way to secure our door to the center. Additionally, I do not like that when they change software or Hardware, it is the customers responsibility to absorb the loss of the use of outdated equipment . The initial investment is not cheap and the updates are absolutely mandatory, to mainitain functionality. Also, the number of seats you need to run your business can vary based on how much of their products you use. everything has a cost. This cost does not include equipment that you need, it just is the ability to access your software that you are already paying for.

Reason for choosing Procare Solutions

I have been with Procare so long, it is not cost effective to switch.

Linda

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Make your job easier

I cannot imagine doing my job without Procare!

PROS

I love that it is cloud based. I can sign on anywhere to help my customers and staff. I like that all of my files are paperless. It is good for tracking when a something is coming due or is past due. It offers good reports. I like that everything is in one app. I also use the Kid Reports app for and I love that all of the data is transferred automatically.

CONS

I have been using this software since 2010 and there is always improvements that help make our job better.

Reason for choosing Procare Solutions

Our management team researched several Procare competitors. Our team attended webinars for other products, but there was not any software that was able to provide us with everything that is offered with Procare. Other companies seemed good, but they were always lacking one or more of the platforms that are included with Procare. Our center uses the Family/Accounting, Employee Data, Vendors/Expenses, Time/Attendance Tracker, and Food Modules. The family communication Kid Report app is also used by our center. There is just not another software available that can provide the all in one service that Procare offers. I highly recommend it!

Babita

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Most advanced and well managed child care management software for child care business !

Procare solutions online platform is proven to be one of the most effective child care management business platform to improve the child care experience. Child care management business is revolutionized by this software as it has automated all the manual activities and tasks throughout and has improved the efficiency and effectiveness of child care outcome with improved revenue and less expense burden on manpower cost

PROS

The software is easy to use and understand. The training provided on utility of the software is well understood by target audience easily without much hiccups. The child care management business and system has been automated after introduction of Procare online software in mainstream business end to end. The auto capturing of attendance records of child management system in schools and day care is done easily without any manual intervention or issues. We have been able to streamlined our revenue system with this as it helps in auto calculation and collection of fees in systematic and structured way. This is one of the leading and most progressive way of best in class online child management system efficiently.

CONS

No issues as such. Though, we request for multiple logins /child logins after buying subscription without any restriction on number of user fir using the software by multiple user profiles. Also, the trial period should be further extended so that a conscious buying decision can be made before final buy.

Reason for choosing Procare Solutions

Procare solutions is the one stop child care management solution for businesses in this line and also for parents. It has immense capabilities to manage the child tracking and attendance in day care and schools effectively. It ensures the best in class child care provision to your child in streamlined manner with complete automation of involved processes and operations

Thank you, Babita for taking the time to write a review of the Procare platform. I have sent your trial feature update over to the product team for consideration.

Replied May 2023

Keri

Improvements needed

We are making it work, it is just not very efficient in several areas. It would be great if Procare could sit with centers and see what features need some changes, what needs to be added etc.

PROS

Newsletter creation etc is nice. Some of the reports are better than what we used previously

CONS

It doesn't always make sense. Too cluttered / not organized how I would prefer. Not always easy to set up. Some features don't align with what works for our center. Staff timecards - the system not allowing someone to punch in if they forgot to punch out can make things more complicated. Too many steps to be able to modify a timecard when someone is currently on the clock (having to go to the function batch post time card). Not being able to punch in or out if time for a future date is entered. Restrictive. Too many steps for what should be simple processes. etc.

Reason for choosing Procare Solutions

We were using EZ care for billing and Tadpoles for attendance and parent communication. We liked tadpoles a lot, but tadpoles was not set up to handle subsidy billing at that point so we could not transition fully to tadpoles. But we did like their system for communications, daily notes etc. If they had a billing feature for subsidies and not just private pay we likely would have used them.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

We were informed that Procare purchased EZ care and needed to convert over.

Thank you for your feedback! We would love to connect and discuss features with you to make sure you're getting the most out of your Procare software. Please schedule a time with your Account Manager to get answers to specific questions for your account or you can also contact our support team at 1-800-964-1729 for general questions and quick assistance.

Replied July 2023

Valerie

Excellent Software

My overall experience with ProCare Solutions is great and has been a great decision for my preschool center.

PROS

What I like most about ProCare is that my business is at my fingertips. I can check classroom ratio, be alerted on how many kids are in each classroom, I can keep accurate enrollment, software integration with other organizations software and be able to print any information I may need for other organizations without having to keep so much paper in our office.

CONS

What I like least is when ProCare upgrade on other systems like desktop and schoolworks those same upgrades are not available to the online version. I feel that whatever system you choose to purchase you should have the same system upgrades, not all daycare are big daycares and some of us are small and may not need all that school works or desktop has to offer, but could use some of the small upgrades in which they offer to those particular software programs. Also it does not have an automative feature to add late fees for my center, this feature maybe available to those who have school works or desktop, but this is just one of the examples in which I am speaking of that should be available to online as well.

Reason for choosing Procare Solutions

I chose ProCare Solutions because they offered a Curriculum at the time and Brightwheel did not.

Stephanie

Childcare Software needs

So far our experience has been great. So glad a co-worker recommended this product. Great price, great product

PROS

transferring data from one platform to another was super helpful. When I have had questions, online chat support has been quick to respond and the support hours are great. The start up team has been spot on as well as the videos and webinars. Like anything, there is a learning curve but it has been an easy one. I love the insights aspect, now that I know how it works. The teachers clocking in and out has been a huge time saver on my part! Child assessments is another feature that I am super excited for our teachers to use

CONS

Need a little more flexibility with running reports when it comes to programs. Have the use of multiply forms (told this is almost ready for Beta testing). Several steps to make a student inactive.

Reason for choosing Procare Solutions

Few features I liked better and the price was MUCH better. This is silly but the sales person was upfront on the price before we sat thru the demo and he was very knowledgeable and friendly as all the staff has been.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

We are a preschool in our Church and we both shared the same database. The church side was switching databases so I decided so I decided to invest in a database for the preschool only

Denise