Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"User friendly platform, responsive and helpful tech team, great features for youth program management."
  • icon"I am not a big tech person but I found setting up everything on Sawyer to be very straightforward. I have used other scheduling systems in the past and am so happy that I went with Sawyer."
  • icon"Its easy it’s friendly, great design. The price for what you get is good and the support team is always there for me."
  • icon"I had it off on one class but not the other. You could say that my error."
  • icon"The widget slows your website down dramatically and the problem has existed for a long time. Customer Service is the major negative with this platform."
  • icon"Having to set up activities and then add them to the schedule is a bit weird for me."

Have you used Sawyer and would like to share your experience with others?

All Sawyer Reviews

Michelle

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Sawyer has made my life easier!

Alison

Great software for registrations!

I have been super impressed with the way Sawyer is adding options and new features all the time. The customer service I have received from Isabelle and the rest of the team is top-notch!

Pros

I love that I have all of my services in one place. It makes registration simple and easy for both my customers and myself! I also love that I can create a service once and then simply copy and paste it into my schedule. It makes customization very easy.

Cons

Sometimes the navigation of Sawyer Tools can be cumbersome. It would be nice to have a menu drop-down that allows access to other pages without having to go back to the main menu each time. Also, being able to add a quantity option for adult events and classes would be quite helpful.

Jessica

Sawyer Review

We are solving are registration process by using Sawyer. Originally, we were using about 6 different spreadsheets that were all complicated on their own level. Because of this, the registration process became very lengthy because parents couldn't register on their own but instead, they had to register with me, an individual, and would have to wait for a process to be completed in order to move forward with registration. This became extremely difficult because one individual registering over 500+ students is not an easy task.

Pros

I like how easy it is to manage and use. Our clients seem to enjoy it as well since it allows them a lot of accessibility and privacy especially when registering. I also appreciate all of the options that we can do for creating camps and classes. Overall, there are a lot of options that we can do for our programs now that we have Sawyer.

Cons

Because of how easy the program is to use, there are some options that we would appreciate having but do not have yet. For one, it would be nice to have the ability to send out receipts to clients on the financials page if we were to increase their balance or charge them through there. It would also be nice to have a notes section on the financials page so that our accountant and I don't have to look through all of our emails to find information regarding a client but instead have it readily available. Another thing, we would appreciate is if the financials alone had the ability to sort the clients by payment method and etc. And if we move to another page and press the back button, it would be nice to not have to restart but instead just have it still remaining on the clients that we searched for.

Reasons for choosing Sawyer

Sawyer was the most appealing to look at in terms of the actual software. It looked the most user friendly and this was a big plus for our parents because they ask a lot of questions. Once we switched over to Sawyer, out of 150+ parents, we only received emails on how to sign up for sawyer from about 5 to be honest. The system is so easy and understandable that parents were able to get it on their own with little to no difficulty. This made it easier on our end because we were able to focus all of our attention on registration maintenance and other projects.

Elizabeth

July 2022

Very poor and confusing reporting system!

Exhaustingly Bad! It has made my administrative work FAR MUCH MORE DIFFICULT than doing them myself. If you client body is small like 20-40s , Sawyers is fine. If you are like us with hundreds.. I HIGHLY recommend you to look elsewhere.. I have switched to Amilia, a far more robust software. I was 15+ system level developer, and my partner was a Microsoft SQL expert. Looking at Sawyers report service, we both must regret to say.. it is far from prime time. It is ok for a shop with 30 some students. Not for us. We have over 200 students (still considered being pretty small).

Pros

calendar review for daily activities. This is very helpful for ONLY daily operation - like the front desk staff to do quick look up.. But, by far not for the administrator, me.

Cons

Report becomes unusable when students sign up for multiple classes! It puts ALL dates into a single cell in the report, in various order. Asked support to look at it.. Nothing can be done about that. So, I had to go through EVERY student who has signed up for more than one week to figure out. Reports with mismatched headers. e.g. DOB as the header, but it is actually something else like email address. Half of them are mismatched! To say unacceptable is an understatement. I was told it was some customization issue??? No form of customization should render such a fundamental error. This clearly indicates very sub-par software. No proper auditing. .. cannot explain why a balance showed discrepancy.. the only reason I got was " someone must have changed it." The administrator again simply insisted that made assumption it was us, or the client making the changes. No auditing info for accountability! An unacceptable excuse! This tells me this is ot an adequately built software. I would be ok with it if the administrator did recorgnize the error and committed future improvement! But they seemed to be content placing the blame on us, or the mysterious someone!!! Missing one of the most fundamental reporting features: Cannot generate a report of scheduled classes unless at least one student is already registered? But, I have to manually check one by one! It would be ok if you have 10-20 classes, not 40+ like us.

Response from Sawyer

Hi Elizabeth, We're sorry that Sawyer wasn't able to meet your reporting needs. We work with organizations of all sizes to power their registration including franchises, non-profits, and schools in addition to smaller businesses. We continue to evolve our products because of critical feedback like this and thank you for taking the time to share it with us. We loved getting the opportunity to work with Storming Robots and wish you all the best in your future success.

Replied July 2022

September 2022

Good options for summer camps - with a few changes needed

Pros

Setting this up was easy. After using it for a year there are some set up features I'll change in year two to make some of the flow better. The team that helped with set-up with quick to schedule and helpful with the details and overall flow.

Cons

We have to manually count how many campers are checked in vs there being a way for use see a live number of how many campers are checked in at any given time. This is a really big deal for our prograrm. It's a poor use of our time not to mention full of errors because every camp director knows you neeed an updated count of how many campers are on site at any given time. Manually scrolling through pages is not a good use of our time and is erroneous. We did submit a request (2x) so the product team does know that it is a feature that would really make a difference if added. We need a current count as a camp for safety so we know how many kids are on site (and of course in case of a fire or other emergency as well as every day safety you want that count to be known with ease) but we also have constant check in/out so its a moving number for us and to constantly be manually counting does not work.

Michelle

Sawyer has made my life easier!

I have been very happy overall with Sawyer; creating classes and schedules is easy, reports are a breeze, and parents find it much easier than our other system.

Pros

Financials - reporting, payment plans, etc. I used to spend so much time creating and managing payment plans for parents! Our previous software made it almost impossible to get information about our deposits, fees, etc. It is very transparent with Sawyer.

Cons

It is more for children at this point and we have classes for children and adults so sometimes we have to do a lot of explaining to people. A little more flexibility for that would be nice.

Cost, flexibility, customer support

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Cost, reports were not useful, not useful for a child class environment

Natalie

February 2022

Best value and stupid simple!

Amazing!!! Best customer service and feature updates for the price!

Pros

The software is SO easy to use! When you’re setting it up and training other employees it’s easy to see that it’s hard to mess anything up!

Cons

No Point of sale feature available. We still pay for another 3rd party software for this part

Reasons for choosing Sawyer

Pricing and mix of features

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Pricing kept going up with less features that worked for us.

Crystal

Finally found something that fits my needs!

Sawyer has been the best registration system I have come across so far after countless demos, trials, and meetings from other systems. The system is easy to use on the administrative side and on the user end. No complaints from customers! The learning curve for this system is quite small, very easy to use! The best part is its functionality! It works the way it is supposed to which seems to be an issue for some registration systems I have come across. It is straight to the point! It was easily embedded onto my site and they provided me with the links I wanted for my registration landing page. Customer service is via email and they get back to you very promptly. Sawyer also has great support and information readily available through their website with step-by-step instructions. From what I have noticed, they are constantly working on improving the system and put in requests for certain suggestions. There are a few downsides: -Fees per transaction are pretty high. This system is a pay per transaction rather than subscription pay, transactions are a little over 5% per transaction. -The ability to customize is not there. I would like to have categories and subcategories to differentiate the many types of services I offer or listing the classes in a different manner. With that said I have still managed to post everything I have needed. Overall I love the system and do not see my business parting with it any time soon!

Pros

Ease & functionality for admin and user.

Cons

Not very customizable for class display.

Reasons for choosing Sawyer

Did not require high upfront cost. Had plenty of other users I could look at for reference. Clean and simple look, easy for parents to navigate. Great reviews!

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Community Root was a terrible system, a terribly run company. Did not work, lost money, and had countless issues.

Emily

We are very happy we switched to Sawyer

We truly believe our programs are consistently selling out with wait lists because of the ease of use of Sawyer for our parents. It saves them time, and it also saves our staff untold hours of time we were wasting before with a clunky and inaccurate registration sytem that had absolutely horrible tech support.

Pros

Their tech support is beyond compare. Anytime we have a problem, we almost always get a response, from an actual person with a name, within an hour. The response often comes directly from our account manager. They also listen to feedback from their users to continually improve the software.

Cons

My only real complaint is that it does not integrate with Quickbooks, which causes some additional accounting headaches, but still SO much better than the previous registration software we were using.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Because WooCommerce's tech support was absolutely the worst, it always gave us inaccurate enrollment counts, plus they made a mistake that cost our small non-profit nearly $1000 and refused to take responsibility for it.

ROBERT

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Perfect for all your needs

Amazing!

Pros

This is the most user-friendly, easy to use and learn software that I have ever used! Super easy to set up and use daily! Your customers will love it! Customer service is amazing! like honestly, the best ever! I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Sawyer!

Cons

I like everything! You got a lot for the money!

Reasons for choosing Sawyer

Sayer was the most robust package! Was the most user friend and intuitive one of them all! The ease of use and customer service is what sold me!

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

Needed a more efficient software (database). Too many issues with mindbody and not user friendly!

Industry: Music

I wanted to love it.

It took me a while to come on board with this company. Their management is truly a money driven experience. You can feel it from any company from major corporations to small biz. The way they address their clients and the way they are deeply out for information (emails of their clients', clients) - they are even sneaky about it. I express my utter discontent with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the response was, thanks for giving us a try. Not, let's make it right. I've been in business for 15 years and received the most outlandish, crazy complaints, my customer is always right. Always. This particular company is completely disappointing because I really want to love it and ..... it isn't good deep down to it's core.

Pros

It looks great. That's really it...really, that's the selling point it's all downhill from there.

Cons

The widget slows your website down dramatically and the problem has existed for a long time. Customer Service is the major negative with this platform. They are set in their ways and will do absolutely nothing beyond their initial intentions. There are many other platforms that will customize your experience, and they are nice. Which is great. Cost - You can save $125 a month with multiple other companies. Your clients must sign up for sawyer before even seeing what you have to offer. They are absolutely hungry for your users information.

It looked good.

Reasons for switching to Sawyer

It looked better and integrated with our website.

Response from Sawyer

Hi Michael, I am so sorry that you had a less than stellar experience at Sawyer, that is never our intent nor our goal. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this and would love to connect on how we can improve if you're open to it. Let us know if you have time to hop on a call to review!

Replied April 2021

Janine

Wish Sawyer had the same features for adults...

Well I'm terribly frustrated I'm also very grateful because I needed something quick and I was not able to pay a web designer to develop this deep of the system. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship to it, I want more features for adults and I want more flexibility in general.

Pros

Because I was not a web designer and didn't have backend experience, I needed a platform that I could basically input information into, I wish however it was more customizable. I also was drawn to Sawyer because I wanted to create memberships as well as classes and this gave me the opportunity to do both.

Cons

There are more things I dislike them like unfortunately. Some of them small like wishing I could customize the color other than red, some of them huge in that the forms are rigid meaning I can't have a different form intake for a member from my students. I need more flexibility and options for my businesses I was hoping everything could live under one umbrella. I find it almost impossible to navigate and find things with ease, it is not user friendly and various features are buried inside other futures and I'm constantly going back and forth trying to find things. I get super frustrated with having to pull up FAQs and directives online. The window doesn't stay open when you move from one area of the website to another so I constantly have to keep it searching for the same information. Some days it's brutal and I feel like I spend way too much time on this program.

Reasons for choosing Sawyer

I don't have a web background and I had a limited budget to get my business started rather quickly, this seemed like it had enough built out that I could use it for multiple registration needs as well that's the template for both.

Galina

Review for Sawyer from Tiny Tunes Studio

I love having Sawyer. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this platform. Simplifies things so much. I would do it over again.

Pros

I love that it's so easy to use and very user friendly. I didn't need to "learn" to use it - it's very self-explanatory. I like that I get paid very fast with Sawyer direct deposits. I like this new party booking feature - haven't tried it yet but intend to sign up for that!

Cons

- it's less flexible in terms of creating one off classes. for example, in pearachute, i am able to create an "impromptu" class with a certain musician. On Sawyer I have to create a new schedule, then a new activity, etc. it's a bit overwhelming. I don't always necessarily want to create an event for one offs but the way the Sawyer system is no you almost have to. - some glitches along the way. i can't always access all the functionalities in my phone (like adding packs to people's accounts for example); certain coupon codes not working after awhile (even without me putting any time restrictions on it); duplicate accounts in Contacts and not being able to delete them (even when there is no packs attached to them) - Reports. I don't really understand how to use them. I will be calling support team to learn more about how I can customize them - If someone comes to studio and pays cash for the class there is no way for me to check them in and note that this is a paid customer because there is no such function in the system. For report purposes I would like to understand paid vs not paid customers. - Function that prompts emails/messages to customers who haven't come to studio in a while. Maybe not an automated email but a reminder email to me saying "Hey, Johnny Smith hasn't come to Tiny Tunes Studio in a while, maybe you want to send them an email offering some sort of a discount for his next visit?" and maybe have like a standard email that each owner can customize then.

Jaimee

Review of Sawyer

It’s good in general but there are other platforms that have good components that Sawyer is missing.

Pros

I like the daily class tracking features.

Cons

The party option is still incomplete. You need to develop an app. There needs to be a way to send bills/invoices directly to customers. The reporting function is a total joke. The reports that you are able to run are useless. Parents should be able to register and select check or homeschool funds. I need to be able to run a report grouping children of different ages and different schools. The banking function is almost never up to date. It never reflects current information.

Reasons for choosing Sawyer

Because of the child programming aspect.

Response from Sawyer

Hi Jaimee, I am so sorry that you had a less than stellar experience, that is never our intent nor our goal. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this so thank you for letting us know how we can improve! We'd love to connect on a few additional insights you may have, so please do not hesitate to reach out.

Replied August 2020

Olivia

Sawyer tools

I have been with sawyer from day one, and it has been so great to see them grow. It has definitely solved a lot of registration problems, and makes the process a bit more seamless. It has freed up quite a bit of admin time to focus on growing the business in other ways.

Pros

THe customer service is the most wonderful aspect of sawyer. If I ever have the smallest problem, the admin team gets back with me within minutes, and a fix is on the way. They are constantly working to make the software better, and really value the relationships they build with their customers. You get the sense that they really care about helping us grow our businesses.

Cons

As they grow, there are frequent bugs. They get worked out very quickly though! Also, as my business grew, I was paying thousands of dollars in fees. I wish I had known about a monthly payment option earlier. I could have saved a very large amount of money.

Doc