• Pros

• "I use this everyday. I love that you can acess so much information and set it to view as you want to. I like that it is so easy to use. "

• "I liked the system for calculating grades, for handling attendance, and for allowing parental access. This combination achieved everything I felt that I needed."

• "Great product for student records. Easy to locate information"

• Cons

• "Enterring grades is easy, but sometimes it is a little clunky to enter comments because the boxes a little."

• "The only real negative I can think of is, some times I forget my password, otherwise it is a very nice system to have that I can monitor my information instead of calling HR. "

• "Sometimes the functionality is a little rough, but the programmers have been making constant upgrades to the system and new updates come out all the time."

Browse Student Management Suite Reviews

Leslie from East Tennessee State University

Awesome tool for teachers, students and parents

Up-to-date information about my child's progress in school, missing assignments, grades on tests and projects. Especially my for high school student, this info can be hard to get from them and so many times you do not know about issues until it is too late. I open Skyward every night at the dinner table and we talk about grades, upcoming exams and papers. She knows I am looking and it helps her to stay on task.

Pros

There are so many functions in one place. Check grades, missing assignments, email teachers, lunch calendar, etc. Multiple children in a family can be easily accessed together.

Cons

When emailing a parent/teacher, they cannot respond back directly. I wish they could. It would make the line of communication more direct. But, at least they can read the message and respond back by another means.

Response from Skyward

Replied March 2018

Thanks so much for the kind words, Leslie! Regarding the con, there is an option in the message center to enable direct replies. You may want to talk to your Skyward administrator about turning that on if it would be beneficial.

John from Plum City School District

QMLATIV is the most intuitive software!

We're using it both Business and Student and it's just easy to use.

Pros

I have experience with pretty much every SIS in Wisconsin and Qmlativ is definitely the easiest to use. The intuitive nature of it makes it easy to get stuff done. The technical support is the best I've seen in the industry. Everyone is very knowledgeable and is kind.

Cons

I wish Skyward Business and Student are merged, but I know they're working on that. Still would be nice!

Reasons for Choosing Student Management Suite

Skyward is a lot easier to use and is more intuitive.

Response from Skyward

Replied February 2020

Thanks for your awesome review John. From the beginning, one of the main goals of Qmlativ was ease of use, so we are happy you are finding it to be intuitive.

Kelly from District 161

Used for Grades and Attendance

Overall experience has been pleasant but definitely a learning curve.

Pros

This software is mostly just used for grades and attendance. We also use it for communicating with parents. It is a nice way to store all of the student information that is eventually uploaded to SIS for the state.

Cons

This software takes awhile to learn how to use effectively. Some parts like sending emails to groups of people can sometimes be difficult to manage.

Response from Skyward

Replied September 2020

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts Kelly. Hope your school year is off to a good start.

Skyward Educator Review

Skyward has been great for me as a teacher. This year we had some scheduling issues with Skyward as an entire school but other than that it has provided all of the promised features and more for my school district.

Pros

Skyward is the software my company uses to track attendance,grades, student information and scheduling. This product is pretty easy to use for the most part. The dashboard of the main page can be used to navigate the system. It offers various button for attendance and grading. There are other functions this product offers that I do not have access to an a teacher. I like that I can put in my grades and apply specific grading critera with click of a button. I also enjoy that I can look back at previous classes I have taught and previous gradebooks. Overall I like that Skyward intergrates with some of the other software programs that I use as well. This makes a teachers life easy.

Cons

Skyward has many positives as a teacher I do wish that it gave you the option to assign a 50 for all missing assignments in he gradebook as this is the way most schools are going. Other than that overall I think Skyward works well and provides schools with a decent platform for their needs.

There are some nice features

I am a teacher. My whole district uses Skyward. I have around 300 students at any given time.

Pros

I love that I can send mass emails to all parents. I am impressed by some of the reports that I can generate from the website.

Cons

Some of the features are clunky and hard to use. It is extremely difficult to access messages that people have sent me in Skyward.

Brian from Northside Independent School District

So much potential!

I use skyward as an Assistant Principal at a High School. I am constantly looking up where students are to pull them. Constantly looking at there grade, attendance and contact information.

Pros

-You can input almost anything into a student's profile and easily find what you are looking for. -You can run numerous reports on anything. However, you have to know exactly what you want and how to do it. You will have to get training or read up on it. -Easy for parents and students to view on your phone. -Numerous options for attendance. Absent, Tardy, walked out, didn't come back from lunch, skipped, truant, doctor, excused, and about 20 more. The only one it doesn't have is absent because more than 15 minutes late.

Cons

-There is no easy way to print student grades, schedules and absences. It's not hard, but it's a lot of steps. Find the schedule, print the schedule to PDF, open the PDF, and then finally print the PDF. Attendance and grades are exported to excel and then you have to change the format to print on one page. Like I said, it's not hard, but why can't you just hit print. -When searching for a student with a common name, sometimes the system doesn't show all of them. -It does not tell you a student's current grade. It will show you T1, T2 and S1. T1 and T2 are the progress reports and S1 is the semester average, but it doesn't show the most current.

Response from Skyward

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your feedback Brian. Getting input from our users is a priority at Skyward and we invite you to join our User Research Panel by visiting the Support area of our website.

Whitney from Education Affiliates

AMAZING!!!!!!!

I HAVE REALIZED THAT TIMES HAVE CHANGED FOR CHILDREN IN SCHOOL NOW BECAUSE THEY CAN'T TRICK THEIR PARENTS INTO THINKING THAT THEY HAVEN'T RECEIVED THEIR REPORT CARDS BECAUSE OF THE SKYWARD SCHOOL MANAGEMENT APP.

Pros

I LOVE THAT SCHOOLS OFFER SKYWARD TO PARENT SO THAT THEY CAN KEEP UP WITH THEIR CHILDREN'S HOMEWORK AND CLASS WORK AS WELL AS ALLOWING PARENTS TO ADD MONEY TO THEIR KIDS LUNCH ACCOUNTS. YOU CAN SEE YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN'S GRADES AS WELL AS WHICH ASSIGNMENTS THEY ARE MISSING. YOU CAN ALSO SEE HOW MANY QUESTIONS THEY MISSED ON A QUIZ OR TEST. IT ALSO ALLOWS YOU TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE CHILD LISTED AND THEY ALL CAN BE AT DIFFERENT SCHOOLS. AMAZING!!!!!

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about this software. It is the best thing that they have created.

Response from Skyward

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for the great comments Whitney. We're so glad that you are enjoying a positive experience with Skyward's Family Access.

A Decent SIS For The Money

Overall the Skyward system lets us do the things we need to do with student data. This information is very invaluable to our district so the system is used heavily. It does what it advertises.

Pros

The Skyward system allows our corporation to enroll and schedule students with ease. The reporting feature has been invaluable to my own job. There are so many facets to this software that you can do just about anything.

Cons

The user interface is somewhat outdated. They released a more web friendly version a while back but it had the same problems. In a world of student information systems though, it is on par with most other ones.

Michael from School

Skyward in the Classroom

Skyward was reliable and fairly easy to use for the day to day functions of a classroom.

Pros

I enjoyed the simplicity of everyday use for attendance and entering grades. I also enjoyed the connectivity from administrators to teachers.

Cons

I didn’t enjoy the complexity of grades for midterms and report cards. It took a while to enter all comments and run the report.

Response from Skyward

Replied March 2020

We appreciate your feedback Michael. Making sure Skyward is easy to use remains a top priority with our product team.

Skyward

Overall, I have had a great experience. I am able to easily modify the grading program to fit my needs.

Pros

This is a really easy program to use for grading students. I also use the program to create online tests.

Cons

I can make seating charts with this program, but it does not allow me to print them off as a full page. I have had out IT guy look at this, but we cannot figure out how to do it.

Teresa from Crawford AuSable School District

Skyward review

This is my district's 7th year using Skyward. I am the counseling secretary in our high school and work in Student Management. I am also a security manager for our district. Honestly, when we made the transition to Skyward I was very unhappy. I didn't find Skyward to be very user friendly and I wasn't pleased with the customer support response time. Oftentimes I was unable to find a way to make Skyward do what I needed. However, as the years have passed, Skyward has made improvements to the program, I have learned the system better and the customer support live chat option is a huge timesaver. Now, I really enjoy using Skyward. I have the dubious distinction of being our district's "Skyward guru" and I believe I've learned a lot through exploration in my efforts to assist others. When I can't find answers, I know that help is only a live chat away! I would definitely recommend Skyward to other districts.

Pros

Possibly my favorite aspect of Skyward is the ability to dump data directly into Excel. This is a huge timesaver and allows me to manipulate, sort, share and utilize data as needed. I also like the ability to create reports based on my needs using Data Mining.

Cons

There are still a few things that I wish I could do in Skyward, that I can't, such as use activity groups to run certain reports/schedules. Occasionally, we experience what I call "Skyward quirks" when something doesn't work right one day, but it works the next. Recently, our library parapro ran a report and new that the info displayed wasn't wholly accurate. I checked her format and everything was good. I printed it with the same results. I cloned the report, changing nothing, and ran that and it was accurate. The next day her report worked properly again.

Response from Skyward

Replied January 2017

So glad we were able to grow together, Teresa, and turn a negative experience into such a positive one. Thank you for all you do to help your district get more out of Skyward.

Jacque from Mooresville Consolidated School Corp

Long-Time User

I have used Skyward for many years, so I have seen it evolve. I will tell you this; you get what you pay for. Skyward is top-of-the-line! It will not always be the least expensive software, but it is more than worth the cost!! The software definitely helps customers work smarter not harder. With many of us wearing different hats, we need to find all of the time-saving opportunities we can; Skyward makes that happen! Skyward has many ways to get to the same information, so the ease of use is really in the end-user's hands. There is a plethora of shortcuts that Skyward has provided for the end-user, so no need to get bogged down trying to find programs/areas. Their Customer Service is top-notch. I have never had an issue that was not solved in a timely manner. They are wonderful! I could go on and on where Skyward is concerned. I not only love the software, but I like that the fact that Cliff King and the entire company has a focus on nothing but schools. They are truly concerned about the customer feedback, and they use that to make the software better (although I think it's pretty close to perfect now)!

Pros

The flexibility and multiple ways to achieve the end results we are looking for.

Cons

None!

Response from Skyward

Replied January 2017

Thanks so much for the kind words, Jacque, and congratulations on your well-deserved recognition as a Leader in Excellence for 2017!

Carlos from LWSD

Skyward School Management Review

Skyward is a fantastic program and quite simply I cannot imagine doing my job without it. It helps with decision making both at the school and admin level, giving decision-makers the data they need to get the job done.

Pros

*Skyward has an excellent report making system and it's practically limited by the creativity of the user. I have not experienced a case where there was not a report created for something I needed. Best of all reports can be shared by other users and you can learn a lot by how others use their reports. *Improve business process agility. *Enhanced decision making. *Surprisingly easy to teach.

Cons

Skyward has a very high learning curve. I would not recommend someone start using it without at least a couple of hours of training. I received 10 before starting it on the job and that was just scratching the surface. It's a complex program and users should be adequately trained for it. Managers need to know that it's not something can be self-taught. There are training manuals for it but it's best learned when trained by experience users.

Reasons for Choosing Student Management Suite

Skyward is used by many school districts in the area, meaning that teachers and staff members that transfer into our district are familiar with it and do not have to receive so much training on it.

Response from Skyward

Replied February 2020

Thank you for the great comments Carlos. We hear from a lot of customers who share your views on the value of our reports. As for the learning curve, we agree that training is critical to getting the most from Skyward and many customers tell us the investment they made in PD made their move to Skyward much smoother.

Connie from Adams-Friendship Area School District

Industry: Facilities Services

LOVE SKYWARD

I have always loved this program once I started using it (2001?), it was PAC back then. Like everything in life, skyward needs some tweeks:) That is why you have four stars, also if you were to get five stars then we wouldn't need you anymore and believe me there are times I need your help. That all said, I work with Food Service, there are a few tips & tricks I would love to learn from you. I wish you offered a one-on-one quick tip sessions to sign up for.

Pros

Easy to use, can do multiple windows to jump from one area to another is huge!

Cons

Food Service application letter set up:(

Response from Skyward

Replied January 2017

Hi Connie, thank you so much for the kind words! It was a nice trip down memory lane to see your PaC reference. Regarding those quick "tips and tricks" training sessions, keep checking in at skyward.com/quickhits and skyward.com/academy for relevant training and resources. We're always looking to deliver a better experience, so you can be sure site visits and localized training sessions are things we are considering as we look to the future.

Sarah from Park Forest-Chicago Heights School District 163

Skyward-Great for Grades and Absences

Pros

I like the quick score button on this software. When you click it, it opens up the grade sheet for every assignment in that class. This makes it easier to grade multiple assignments and update them easily and in a timely manner. If I didn't have this tool/button, it would take much longer for me to update grades.

Cons

I wish that I could see the entire title of each assignment when looking at my class for my grades. Currently, I can see the beginning of the assignment title and the total amount of points it is worth. For example, if the title of my assignment is Science World News Page 5, it may show up on the grade sheet as simply Sci W. This is to save space, but I would rather it shows the entire name. I have some assignments that have the same name, but specify parts by stating page numbers. This would make it easier for me to grade.

Response from Skyward

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your comments Sarah. It's always great to hear from teachers about the ways Skyward saves time and makes your life a little easier.

DENA from UME PREPARATORY ACADEMY

EXCELLENT SCHOOL SOFTWARE

We have to keep detailed records on everything from students to the financial. This software does it all. It allows multiple people to see the same data and manipulate it, all while having secure separate log-ins. It keeps all the data, runs all reports and keeps logs of who has done what and when.

Pros

Skyward keeps all of the records and any information that you can possibly want to report, accessible at your fingertips.

Cons

The annual cost is a little much, not sure how it compares to other school softwares. It takes some training to use. If you know computers and how they work, it will be a snap. I did not find it very intuitive.

Response from Skyward

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the review Dena. We are always looking for ways to make our software more intuitive. If you haven't already done so, we encourage you to sign up for our User Research Panel so you can have more input on the future development of our products. If interested, check out the Support area of our website for more details. Thanks again!

Amy from Dallas ISD

Preferred Grade Input Software

I liked Skyward a lot! It wasn't the most user-friendly software that I've used, but there are definitely some integrations it is capable of that a lot of school softwares don't have.

Pros

One of my favorite things about Skyward was the ease that went into transferring grades if a student was moved from one class to another. I've worked at multiple schools and used multiple softwares for grade input/attendance/etc., and this was definitely the best for that.

Cons

Honestly, my least favorite thing was the overall appearance. Web design has come so far, but the aesthetic of Skyward is lackluster, to say the least. It could definitely look better.

Response from Skyward

Replied February 2020

We appreciate your great review Amy. Ease of use has always been a priority and we're very proud of all the partnerships we've built to help make our customers' lives easier. As for the interface, one of the goals in developing our new Qmlativ platform was to update the design and navigation to not only make it look better, but also improve the overall experience for users.

Scott from Lehigh Career & Technical Institute

Responsive company with top notch software

Skyward has been our SIS for 10 years now and while many districts have switched SIS systems every few years, we have remained happy customers. The main reason for this happiness? The company is very responsive to the input from their customers. Because of being responsive to that input, Skyward has been able to create an extremely flexible system that allows for many different scenarios for how schools operate. The future is bright, and we know even more great things are coming from the company.

Pros

Flexibility and the frequency of updates to the software

Cons

Navigation can be burdensome for those who have system-wide security access. This is just due to the amount of features that are available, but not much of a problem for end users as they only have access to what they actually need.

Response from Skyward

Replied January 2017

Thanks so much, Scott! We promise not to settle for mediocrity in anything and we're thankful for all the insights from you and the rest of the Skyward community.

Krista from Murfreesboro City Schools

Easy for teachers to use!

I have used Skyward for both student management and employee access for personal work data. It makes day today task easier and I like having access to important information when needed.

Pros

I like how Skyward makes everyday tasks like taking attendance easy or checking attendance history. I also like the availability to gather student information from their profiles when needed.

Cons

I don’t like how the app version doesn’t allow you to view detailed information like the computer software does. I wish the two mirrored each other better.

Response from Skyward

Replied January 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us Krista. We take great pride in the role users play in the evolution of our products. If you haven't done so already, I urge you to consider signing up for our User Research Panel which you can access from the Support area of our website.

Crystal from Kennewick School District

I am parent user for this program and I find it to be easy to use and easy to understand.

Pros

I like that I can choose how I want my screen to look and can choose the information presented. I am able to toggle between all of the different pages easily and efficiently. I can access my child's information st the click of a finger. Additionally, I can access pertinent school and district information. I prefer this program to PowerSchool, as a parent user. I have access to more information faster and easier.

Cons

I have had no real problems with this program so far. It has served my needs as a parent. I only struggled with the initial login, due to a bit of s glitch in the system, but that was all worked out.

Response from Skyward

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the positive review, Crystal. We're so happy you are enjoying a better experience with Skyward!

Kolby from University of Houston

I LOVE SKYWARD

Overall, when my children graduate, I will have a hard time adjusting to not using it anymore. It has kept me on top of their education and I will recommend that all parents who have access please use it.

Pros

I love everything about Skyward. My school district has everything linked and when teachers use it to its full potential it is helpful to a parent that has multiple students to check on and communicate updates about. It has been the one thing that has kept me in contact with teachers over the years of using it.

Cons

There are few if any things I do not like about the software. I appreciate that it can be easily navigated.

Response from Skyward

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the kind words Kolby. It's always great to hear directly from parents who use Skyward.

Davida from Walled Lake Schools

Top of the Line

I always describe Skyward as a top of the line SIS. Skyward has been wonderful to work with and an asset to our district. We love giving our staff one stop shopping for data. We also know our parents and students have come to rely on Family/Student Access for up-to-date information. We find the system easy to use and has features and functionality that is always on the cutting edge.

Pros

Very easy to use for all levels. Skyward holds an abundant amount of data so we can use it in my areas in the school district.

Cons

There is sometimes a longer wait then expected to hear from customer service.

Response from Skyward

Replied January 2017

Hi Davida, thank you for the kind words and for all the amazing things you are doing in Walled Lake! We'll keep working to deliver a better experience both in the product and in the support we offer for it.

Patti from St. Charles Community Schools

Patti St. Charles High School

When my district converted to Skyward, some of the training sessions were not as informative as we would have liked. Now that we are a few years into using the software, most of us have come to appreciate all that can be done. It continues to be a learning process. Many of the "features & functions" are real time savers.

Pros

Reports that are time savers.

Cons

Some settings are at deep levels that are difficult to find and use.

Response from Skyward

Replied February 2017

Glad to hear you're saving time with Skyward, Patti! We have a number of training and development resources available that might help with the learning curve. Check out https://www.skyward.com/discover/educator-newsletter-blog/july-2015/know-your-skyward-training-options

Amanda from Greencastle Community School Corporation

The Sky is the limit with Skyward

Skyward School Management has been a very positive change for our district. We switched a couple of years ago and since then it is easier for us to manage debt on lunch accounts and easier for me as a parent to stay on top of things like this.

Pros

I like how easily accessible Skyward is for parents to keep track of student expenses. Not only can parents easily add money to and watch student's lunch accounts, they can also easily pay fees online and very quickly. In a matter of seconds, I am able to add lunch money to my child's lunch account.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Response from Skyward

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the kind words, Amanda! We're more than happy to help.

Kate from Forbes Elementary

Excellent program for student management

I am not the secretary at our school, so I don't get into as much detail with this software as she does, however I do use Skyward on a daily basis. For the information I need about students, this program works very well for me. I am pleased with the organization of information.

Pros

The organization of this software is something I really like. I can get on the program without having too much user knowledge and find what I am looking for. I think it has a wonderful array of information options for our students' profiles. This is a user friendly software.

Cons

I use this software every day and for the level of use, I don't have any negative issues.

Jeffrey from Blaine County School District No. 61

Skyward is a very easy and comprehensive system for school districts.

It took an old outdated system that was previously used and brought the school district back into the modern age.

Pros

There is a lot that can be accomplished through Skyward. You can track students, finance, and human resource functions. Each module is very easy to use and they are willing to work with you to assist in making changes and upgrades to their products.

Cons

Response from Skyward

Replied July 2017

Thanks so much, Jeffrey. We appreciate your advocacy and promise to keep working toward a better experience every time.

Michael from West Hills Middle School

Makes life easy

Skyward has made all educational logistics easy. The mobile app included.

Pros

I like most that Skyward is a developed system that anticipates common classroom scenarios. I like that I can pull up photo class charts and click on pictures to access student information. I like that I can send messages to multiple classes at once and schedule the send time.

Cons

I like least that there is a proposed and an actual due date options. I don't understand why I need to fill out both for assignment due dates.

Response from Skyward

Replied September 2019

Thanks for sharing your comments Michael. We appreciate your feedback.

Chad from Warren County Schools

Generally good software to manage student information.

Pros

It has a comprehensive set of features that allow student management. From the teacher side the data is fairly easy to view and input of the gradebook and attendance is relatively easy.

Cons

It is somewhat difficult to learn. There are many variables that can confuse teachers in creating gradebooks and in accessing information. The reports are not particularly intuitive to use.

Response from Skyward

Replied February 2018

Thanks for the kind words, Chad! If you ever find yourself helping new teachers learn the system, we have some resources available at https://www.skyward.com/support/quick-hits/teacher and https://www.skyward.com/teachers.

Lindsey from Tremron

Excellent Source

Overall extremely happy with this application. I highly recommend that every parent who has a child in school use this app.

Pros

I enjoy using this software because I get to track my children's grades and progress daily! Report cards and progress reports are posted on here as well, so if my child ever "forgets" to bring it home, I can always look it up

Cons

There is nothing about the Skyward application that I do not like. Everything about it is easy to use!

Response from Skyward

Replied February 2020

Thanks for the great review Lindsey. We're so glad the Skyward app is helping you stay connected with what's happening at school.

Megan from Seminole County Public School

Skyward in the Classroom

I have used Skyward for three years and I think it's unexpectedly been unavailable less than five times and it is restored quickly. It syncs with our online platform which helps with grading.

Pros

Skyward is organized and user friendly. I also like how there is an app available that allows teachers to enter grades on their cell phone (I am an Apple user). Skyward has been dependable and my middle school students and their parents can navigate it.

Cons

Skyward will open a new window when taking attendance and entering grades which can be frustrating at times.

Mary from Seminole County Public Schools

Teacher's Life made easy

Overall Skyward is a great tool for teachers to track everything they need to in a classroom. I like that I can keep all of my information in one easy place.

Pros

Skyward to a great way to keep track and manage many different parts of being a classroom teacher. I am able to use it for grading, absences, accommodations , scheduling and getting information about a student.

Cons

Sometimes I find it hard to access the messaging center. I would like there to be a quick button available to allow contact with the parents about the progress of my students.

Cathy from Nashville Grade School

Many Tools to Collect and Share Data

I have been utilizing Skyward for over 10 years and find it a useful tool in managing student performance data, as well as attendance information. Data is stored and may be easily retrieved for years. Reports are easily compiled and may easily be modified by student or entire class.

Pros

What I like most about Skyward is that it offers many types of reports that can be printed out or shared online. Data can be accessed by parents any time of day and they are able to ask questions through the program.

Cons

I haven't found a need that is not met by this software.

Nolan from Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation

A Teacher's Review of Student Management by Skyward

Overall, the experience that I have had has been very positive. I was able to figure out most issues within a matter of a minute or two and, when I had a bigger issue, customer support was able to fix it fairly quick.

Pros

Being able to easily manage assignments and attendance is extremely valuable to any teacher. Being able to easily pick up on the software that your school corporation is using is even better.

Cons

There are some confusing aspects at first but, with a little use, the average person will figure out most details with ease.

Stacey from Education Management

Skyward is the backbone of many school districts

I have used this program as a parent and as a teacher. As a teacher it is fabulous. As a parent I have struggled with the program going back to the log in screen. Other than that I know my child's information is safe and secure on this site.

Pros

This program is very safe and secure. Many large school districts trust this program for student and parent information.

Cons

I have struggled some as a parent when I try to scroll down to view more information about my child's grades I will be sent back to the log in screen.

AMANDA from Little Jayhawkers Daycare

I can keep track of children and how they are doing in school.

Keeping up with my children school progress.

Pros

I love being able to log in and see how my child is doing in high school by each class. You can see missing assignments, test scores and quizzes. The teachers and the school can also contact me through skyward.

Cons

It can be confusing to use when you first start using it, but it gets easier and easier the more you use it.

Response from Skyward

Replied January 2018

Thanks so much for the kind review, Amanda. We're happy to see you're getting the most out of Family Access!

Convenient student report access!

Very good. I'm up to date on my child's progress on a daily basis.

Pros

This is a fantastic way to keep abreast of your child's grades with individual test breakups and overall grade average with the allowance for teachers to add notes for the parents if needed. Also provides a way to email and contact the teacher.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about the software. Overall great communication tool between a teacher and student's parents.

Aly from Bloomington high school north

Skyward for managing student grades.

Skyward is very good. It could use a better calendar but other than that very good.

Pros

Skyward has a simple interface and is easy to navigate. It auto signs out in case of in-activity which prevents others from viewing your account.

Cons

The calendar design doesn't help view tasks and often times it won't sync with other school managing apps.

Response from Skyward

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for the review Aly. We'll be sure to pall along your comments regarding the calendar to our user experience team.

christina from McHenry West

Perfect for school

I use this everyday to help with looking into kids programs. Also it makes it nice to get information to the whole school if needed and easy for parents to acess as well.

Pros

Cons

I see that it may be confusing for one that is not computer savvy. There is a lot that you can do with this program that can be overwhelming.

Response from Skyward

Replied March 2020

Thank you for your review Christina. It's always great to hear directly from educators who are using Skyward to save time and access the information you need to help your students excel in the classroom.

Kimberly from Mineral Point School District

teacher use

I really like that when I enter a PO for Amazon, it links directly and I can order it right away without extra steps.

Pros

I like I can access student information quickly and easily obtain financial information to submit purchase orders.

Cons

Response from Skyward

Replied February 2020

Thanks Kimberly. We always appreciate hearing how Skyward is helping make the lives of teachers just a little bit easier.

Jayne from Graham ISD

Skyward is our school district's SIS.

Pros

Skyward is a very powerful product. We have used it for 15+ years and I am still finding useful features. Anytime I have an issue, support is punctual and extremely helpful to solve my issue.

Cons

Skyward can be very daunting because it is so powerful. It is semi-userfriendly, but the interface looks stark and cold.

Response from Skyward

Replied June 2018

Much appreciated, Jayne. Thank you! We think we've addressed those interface concerns with our new Qmlativ product.

Kylee from Heusner Elementary

Easy to use and find information

Pros

This product is so easy to use once you get the hang of it! It's a great way to keep all of your students information in one place. You can take lunch count, keep account balances, and more. It's great to have all the information in one place.

Cons

It's confusing to navigate when you first get started. Once you get the hang of it it gets easy.

Lisa from Dist. 885

Pros

Fairly easy to for employees for time sheets, request time off, payroll information and history. Employees can see payroll, time sheets, and personal records. Request reimbursement for expenses. Admin uses it for record keeping of employee information

Cons

The steps to request expense reimbursement is lengthy and not easy for employees that use it occassionally.

JJ from school

Skyward

Overall I believe our experience with Skyward will be positive we just need more time to settle in with it

Pros

- Attendance and seating chart functions are easy to use - user friendly if you play around with it enough -mass grading is allowed

Cons

-gradebook can be difficult to use compared to other programs - we have just started using it and at the moment it is not completely syncing with our other programs

Response from Skyward

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the great feedback JJ. So great to see that your early experience with Skyward has been positive.

Patti from Union Grove Union High School

Thanks Skyward

I could not do my job without this software. Customer Service always comes through for us and answer us in a very timely manner when we need help.

Pros

Cons

My only complaint is the need to change calendar days in multiple spots, like changing our end of term this week after a snow day.

Response from Skyward

Replied January 2017

Hi Patti, thanks for the kind words! Hopefully we can come up with a good solution for that calendar issue.

Iida from Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region

Industry: Philanthropy

Skyward has improved a lot

My overall experience with Skyward is positive. It is a useful tool once you learn it, which might take some effort though.

Pros

This is a really versatile program and great for storing all your data. Ilike how you can easily convert the data into Excel. I used to work in a school and would use Skyward. Once you understand how and where the information is stored, you can easily navigate through everything.

Cons

It is not the most intuitive program when it comes to finding information. There are a lot of tabs and categories and it might take a while to find the information your are looking for. It still has room for improving the flow of things.

Chris from Newman International Academy

Skyward-It doesn't do a ton, but it does it darn well.

Pros

Cons

It was overly difficult to grade and arrange things sometimes, including doing some of the alterations of grades when I needed to sometimes.

Amy from School District of Wisconsin Rapids

Skyward

Good product, overall easy to use and navigate through

Pros

Great product for student records. Easy to locate information

Cons

the special education side of the program is not fluid for reporting

Response from Skyward

Replied March 2020

We appreciate your review Amy. Hope everything is going ok for you and your staff in Wisconsin Rapids. Be sure to let us know if you need anything.

Skyward for Teachers

It has been beneficial to knowing what my paychecks will be so I can budget appropriately. An added bonus is the link to see open positions within the school system. While logged in, one can stroll through open positions, apply and receive updates about the position. As a teacher, it is user-friendly, doesn't take long to navigate through while offering many uses as stated in the pros area of this review.

Pros

That I have immediate access for viewing: time off, accrued sick leave/paid time off, check history, teacher certifications, W-2 information and ability to print checks easily. The application is organized and offers exactly what it claims to be.

Cons

The option to use the check estimator is unique that takes into account deductions. This was useful but since I changed to a new position in the school system it did not update from being salaried to hourly. I attempted to enter the hourly wages however it didn't take into account deductions and therefore wasn't very useful. It is a super option if it worked properly.

Shari from Fairmont Area Schools

LOVE Skyward!

I absolutely love Skyward and utilize it on a daily basis. Skyward Support is amazing. The company is always moving forward and staying in touch with client needs.

Cons

That our district is underutilizing features! :( Through NO fault of Skyward.

Response from Skyward

Replied January 2017

Much appreciated, Shari! We'll keep working on ways to help your team get even more out of the system. Thanks for all you do.

Virginia from Central School district 104

Skyward review

Skyward can do as much as you want it to. We currently use it for student management and skyalert, but I just asked for a quote for the HR/Business suite as well. We have been using Skyward for almost 11 years now.

Pros

It can do so much.

Cons

Cost.

Response from Skyward

Replied January 2017

Thanks, Virginia. Your advocacy is much appreciated!