• Pros

• "I like the modular nature of the platform— it made it easier for our school to manage costs as we grow."

• "I love teacherease! It literally does what’s in the name: makes it easy teachers. Many people in my district use this software to achieve easy standardized grading systems and lesson plan making! "

• "It is very easy to use by parents. Keeping parents informed is a major plus. We now send no paper report cards home. All are available when a parent logs in."

• Cons

• "Can lag at times. Other than that though, great software I recommend for anyone in the education field."

• "I feel that the reporting interface could be designed with more user empathy and clarity."

• "Limited capability to include staff members on emails on less they have a grade book. No need to purchase a grade book for priest and janitor "

Browse TeacherEase Reviews

Review from Teacher

Pros

-you can make folders by subject -generates report cards -take attendance -can input grades by percentage or fraction -super organized -all info is in one place -family contact info

Cons

none at all, i have been using this for 7 years and LOVE it. everything is clearly laid out and organized. all people have access to the sight and you can see all students in your school.

amy from chicago public schools

Teacher Review of TeacherEase

One benefit I have discovered is the parent communication log. No more tracking emails and phone calls on my own, I do it all through TeacherEase!

Pros

I have been using TeacherEase for about 5 years and it is so simple! I use it not only to grade, but take attendance, lunch count, and communicate with parents. I love the report features and how easy it is to track data.

Cons

Every so often the TeacherEase system will be "down" and it can be inconvenient.

David from AMG International

Gets the job done (and that's about all)

If your school uses TeacherEase, no need to implement a new system. But if you have a clean slate to work with, I recommend choosing something comparable in price but excelling far beyond in capability.

Pros

Despite the appearance on their marketing material, the software is fairly basic. This ends up being one of the assets in that once you learn the ropes, setting up grade books and calculating grades is relatively straightforward. It sure beats handwritten records or a spreadsheet. It also has a few features unique to secondary education that are pretty helpful (such as incomplete assignment calculations and missing work status designation).

Cons

However, there are so many ways that this software could be improved in terms of ease of use, utility and functionality. The fact that copying sections of the same course cannot be done without multiple clicks is a source of frustration as is the need to navigate back to the same menus over and over again without having shortcut links when completing a set up function.

Connor from Self employed

Best grade book and teaching system

Excellent!!!!!!! Makes our lives so much easier! Thank you!!!

Matt from St. Dennis School

Excellent SIS system

Our Diocese has adopted this program

Pros

Cons

You can only send an email to groups. You can not send to one person through the system. Texting would also be a great addition

Modular efficiency

Teacherease allows my school to manage all of our student data in one place.

Phuong from BPCS

Worst SIS ever!

Pros

Simply UX, convenient for teachers who only use it for attendance and gradebooks. Scheduled reports can be pulled automatically via SFTP.

Cons

+ Customer services are NOT responsive. It usually takes my Account Manager 5+ days and at least one follow-up email to reply to my questions. Their phones are constantly busy - I've worked with other bigger software companies, who never let me wait for more than 3 minutes. + Some reports are available to pull to CSV, some not. Similarly, some can be saved for scheduled reports, some not. For example, there is no option to create a custom report for daily attendance, even though that's something people want to see DAILY. + Saved reports can't be edited and don't have custom fields like demographic or IEP data. + But above all, TeacherEase has NO plan to upgrade. They straight out say "we don't have that", and do not care what schools need.

Shannon from University

TeacherEase

TeacherEase is a very easy to use program

Pros

Very user friendly and just all around quick to figure out how to navigate!

Cons

Sometimes things will just manually default and you have to go back in and change certain things.

Matt from St. Dennis School

Principal

Very good so far. A few hiccups with email program compared to our old system. The access is very easy to use.

Pros

Simplicity and very easy to use

Cons

Grading for standard based report cards

Pros

I love the grade transfer and batch editing. I’m not sure how we could do so many standards on the report card without these functions.

Cons

Some of the comment features and navigation is confusing.

March 2016

Linda from HGS

March 2016

Don't say anything to discourage Customer Service! You won't hear from them again!

PRO: You can save all your lesson plans. CON: Extremely cumbersome process to "find" saved lesson plans. PRO: Updates are made fairly regularly. CON: Updates aren't always user friendly or for the better. If only they would listen to teacher concerns, requests, and suggestions! PRO: Parent and student email addresses can be stored in Teacher Ease. CON: Emailing process is NOT easy. There are benefits to Teacher Ease, but I feel the bad far outweighs the good. I've spoken to a rep directly at a conference regarding my concerns. The reply: "Don't expect that to change anytime soon." I lost a great deal of work in Teacher Ease once. Upon contacting customer service, I realized I was not going to get any help. When I questioned the response and their decisions, I no longer received return messages. This program has potential but needs a lot of work. Maybe if their programmers would get off their high horses, the potential could be met.