• Pros

• "Very easy to use and the price for everything that you get"

• "Easy to use and comprehensive. It accomplishes pretty much everything one would need in a TMS. It is both efficient and effective."

• "The software is extremely user friendly and I love that it is web based!"

• Cons

• "lack of reporting features but overall still a good products"

• "Occasionally adding a new carrier finding a carrier with a newer MC number can be frustrating but out side of that no problems!"

• "Nothing really bad to say. It has some quirks, that could make it run a little more efficiently, but what doesn't? "

Browse AscendTMS Logistics Reviews

Tamara from Krewe Logistics LLC

Great TMS

I just started my business a year ago at that time I was looking for the best TMS for a small start up company that would fit my needs and I have found Ascend TMS to fit my needs. Customer servie rep was very helpful assisting me with setting up branches.

Pros

Ascend is very user friendly and cost effective

Cons

The shipper directory could use an update

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics

Ascend is more cost effective

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the AMAZING review, Tamara. You ROCK!!! The AscendTMS Team

Katherine from Peak Logistics Inc

Best choice!!

We started our brokerage in February 2019 -- and as we were growing, we needed a TMS system, excel spreadsheets were just not cutting it. We were able to really increase our capacity and use our time more wisely!

Pros

I love its customizability and their customer service! We were able to structure the load board how we wanted it. Also, they are really great about listening to their clients. I've had some suggestions that I provided them and they actually implemented them! It's great to see a company actually give you what you are looking for in a program. I know they have a lot in the works and I look forward to growing with them! Also -- with them being partnered with TriumphPay - it was been a lifesaver and timesaver for us. and the price is really great - as a start up -- it's a little tight with revenue and expenses. I really appreciate that as well.

Cons

I'm great! I really have nothing to complain about. Only thing that would be great to have is the bill payment communication to Quickbooks. But that is super minor.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics

I liked their loadboard look and feel, partnership with Triumphpay, Fourkites, and the load boards, and other companies. I love that they were explaining their future updates such as the customer portal. And the price was huge because there are 3 of us. And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] -- our go to guy --- we just clicked really well. I really appreciated his customer service!

Response from InMotion Global

Replied January 2020

Katherine - what an amazing review. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will let our entire team know about your kind words. The AscendTMS Team

Joseph from L6 Transport Inc.

Great Support

Has been great and support is always there to help us through questions and problems.

Pros

You can jump into and start using! No demo, 3 month setup, no contract pay by user not fleet size

Cons

While the software is one size fits all there enough customization and work around to get the job done. My back office reports that they would like better settlements.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics

Ease of entry and better pricing for our needs.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied May 2020

What an AMAZING review, Joseph. Thank you so much!!! The AscendTMS team.

Shawn from Luminous Logistics, LLC

Good For What You Pay

Overall the TMS allowed me to get up and running, but as we continue to grow, we've reached the point of needing to find a TMS that fits our needs. This is a great startup TMS, but realistically anyone who does over $1 - $2 mil in rev will outgrow the TMS fast.

Pros

This software allows you to get up and running fairly quickly, customer service is good when they are open and you can reach someone to talk with. They always seem to be doing updates which is a good thing I suppose.

Cons

Your always told their doing updates which is a good thing, there is never any type of notice when changes are made, what the changes are that are being made, and if you work on the weekend you can't reach anyone. Today particularly systems are down, been down for over an hour, can't reach a single person for support, help, and prevents you from doing your very basic freight functions. As a business owner, paying hourly employees, independent brokers can't help their clients and customers, this snowballed very quickly and go out of control. Would be nice if we knew what changes were done, when support tells you they will submit a change and get back to you when the change will be done that there was follow through, that you could get support when needed, and have help as the system can be clunky and super temperamental at first. Especially with being a premium user.

Brandon from BBA Systems LLC

More load posting options

Pros

Very simple and user friendly. The ability to attach docs to the loads and retreive them is very easy

Cons

It needs more features when posting loads to the load board. Additional comments and commodity fields to populate DAT's comments and commodity fields. DAT requires constant refreshing or your post will get lost down the list if you don't manually login to DAT and refresh your posting, that should be a feature Ascend should auto refresh the posting every 15 minutes.

Matt from Fox Logistics

Excellent TMS

The billing process has really improved thanks to the seamless integration with QBO.

Pros

It's incredibly user-friendly and customizable. I've used several (far more expensive) TMSs in the past decade, and AcendTMS is the best by far. The ease of use, integrations, and great customer service have made me a huge fan.

Cons

My only critique is that there is no open API yet, but I'm told that's in the works. I'm glad they're taking their time with it.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics

Better pricing and flexibility.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied August 2019

Hi Matt - thanks for the great review. You are amazing! The AscendTMS Team.

Kimberly from Lake Huron Logistics LLC

Ascend Review

Pros

Ascend TMS keeps growing with me as my company grows. They have partnered with some great companies to add even more features that make my company able to post loads to more load boards and process loads more quickly, and . We are able to work more efficiently and cost-effectively.

Cons

While it is easy to learn, there were parts of the software that I did not know much about - mainly the accounting. I learned how to do much of it on the fly. Watching the videos helped and the support from Ascend TMS has been great. I would like to see a "user's group" set up so people who use the software can share tips, how to's, etc.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied August 2019

Hi Kinberly - You ROCK. Thank you SO much. You are such an important client to us. The AscendTMS Team.

Jay from logistics Company

Fantastic Support

Overall this is a very easy software to configure and use.

Pros

Ease of Use is by far what I like most about this software. I feel like I am missing steps, but its just that easy.

Cons

I do wish there were more user permissions, where you can lock out employees from certain areas. I am told that these features will be available 2019 Q4.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics

Cost was the biggest reason we chose AscendTMS. Being in the industry over 15 years, Ascend has by far been my favorite over any other system, and I have used quite a few.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied September 2019

Jay... thanks for the amazing review. You are awesome. The AscendTMS Team.

Anne from Clear Connect Logistics

Ascend Review

Overall myself and my company have had a very positive experience with the software.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly and I love that it is web based!

Cons

There really isn't anything I would change at this time

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics

After leaving my family company to open my own company i took a class alongside my brother and business partner through International Freight Institute and[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] recommend using this software. She was a trusted teacher and we had no reason to doubt that her suggestion on this software would be misleading and we have been very happy with implementing it into our work. A great tool to have!

Response from InMotion Global

Replied April 2020

Wow ..thanks, Anne. What an AMAZING review of AscendTMS. You are amazing, too! The AscendTMS family.

Regis from B&C's White Bulls Logistics LLC

Great Cloud Based Software

Exeptional

Pros

Easy to understand Customize and Work with . Price is very affordable compare to the other Options and they let you tried for Free on top of that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the man when it comes to fixing an internal problem .

Cons

I like to see an available option where more than one carrier can be assigned to the same loads on different stages or status . I run an Intermodal Operation and we have more than one truck / driver that touch the loads during transit . I like to be able to see a map where my loads / trailers are being drop and the Time or move connected with the information I provided in the TMS

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics

I saw a post in one of my Social Networks about the month Free feature and I could not help myself but try it

Response from InMotion Global

Replied May 2020

Wow - thank you, Regis. You are AMAZING. What a GREAT review. The AscendTMS Team.

John from JANPRO LLC

My experience with Ascend TMS logistics software

It's a great system, I especially like how it integrates with Quick books. Your customer service department is great. I would especially like to thank representative

Pros

Able to navigate through it easily. It has all the functions I require. Customer service is great. I would certainly like to bring to your attention that I could not be more pleased and satisfied with your representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I was having a few issues with my load posting with Nextload, and she immediately got in contact with representative@ Nextload, and between the two of them it was corrected in no time. She was keeping me updated as repairs were being done , to see if she could help me in any way until the issue was resolved . That really meant a lot to me , and to my business. Her customer service skills are beyond excellent !! She makes you feel very comfortable as she walks you through any issues you might be facing as a new or existing customer. She is very kind, and extremely patient !! She is without doubt a fantastic representative for your company. Her attention to detail and her professionalism shines through constantly, you don't find that very often these days ! It's obvious that not only does she know what she is doing, she does it with a wonderful attitude and disposition. She is very professional and informative, not to mention sweet and kind !! Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

I feel that it should come with at least one of the two big load boards like DAT or Truckstop . The list of manufacturers to approach for business is way outdated . 60% if businesses are no longer in business.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics

I felt the price was adequate for it's many functions. Easy to use . Customer service it wonderful !!

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied July 2019

John - thanks for the most AMAZING review. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! The AscendTMS Team

Anthony from Earthbound Logistics

Excellent Program for all levels of freight brokerage

As a small business , this software gives me everything I need to process orders. It is easy to use and helps me keep track of my shipment statuses for my customers. I understand there is a section to add in my factoring email addresses into each order, but I am curious to know if I can just add an e-mail once and have it appear on all loads. i.e. my wife takes care of my accounting and instead of going in and adding her onto every account so she is copied, I would like to have her appear by entering her e-mail address once somewhere. If there was an alert or e-mail when a delivery date passes and a status is in transit, that would be helpful as well. There are a few little things here and there, but nothing major that I would change. I am a one man show, and would like to add a user, but me and my wife use the same login, and was wondering if a second user could be added at no cost. Otherwise at the moment this is great value. thanks for being my provider of choice. your team is exceptionally friendly. Bill Nofsinger is a great guy, energetic and a heck of a sales guy. You simplify brokerage software like no other, and I don't know why anyone else hasn't done this before. All the other programs I have used are not only more expensive, but much more complicated. Anytime you or your team is up here in Canada I'd love to take you out for a beer. All the best. Anthony Villa

Pros

Ease of Use, but a mobile version would help me to be in front of customers more often

Cons

I actually love everything about the software, but as you build there are a few features that I would add to give it an even better user experience, i.e. automatic e-mail notifications based on the status the user sets, mobile version, integrating contacts into all send load docs section

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2017

Anthony - what a great review. Thanks for all the detail. We love that you love it! The AscendTMS Team

Greg from ALG EXPRESS

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Powerful and Efficient TMS Platform.

We were searching for an new TMS platform to move our operations to from the legacy platform in use. After searching over 10+ platforms we decided on AscendTMS. Our decision was based on Features , Platform Scalability, Ease of Use, Training and Cost. Compared to platforms costing hundreds of dollars a month for single users with setup fees of $2000-$4000, Ascend could not be beat. Getting a REAL WORKING Platform to try for FREE for 30 Days / not just a "sandbox demo" was the closer. Moving from a much more complicated TMS platform, we were up and doing orders within 20 minutes. While much younger than many other platforms out there, new features are being rolled out on regular basis. It does lack a few things I would prefer from the load management side but from what I have been told by their customer service team many are in development for early 2017. For small / midsize carriers / 3pl Logistic firms this platform really cannot be beat. It an excellent balance of features and cost effectiveness. We have no complaints or regrets in committing to this Ascend at this time. Once the new features roll on I have no issue changing my 4 stars to 5 stars for Features and Functionality.

Pros

Ease of Use, Fast Setup, VERY Cost Effective, Easy to customize workspaces for our own preferrences.

Cons

Lacks some features currently that can speed up or improve the steps needed for load management. Integration with tracking such as Macropoint. No automatic status notification updates for customers ie: Trucks on site, Loaded. Delivery, POD name. Dispatch team must use a few extra steps to do these.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2017

Greg - thanks for the amazing and detailed review. We truly appreciate it. The AscendTMS Team

Aracelys from Prestige freight Brokers Inc

Highly Recommend system

You have all the perks in one.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to use. You can dispatch the drivers from it, easy invoicing. I have been in the industry for 23 years and I used all softwares, I absolutely love it the best part is This one is very economical.

Cons

I haven’t seen anything that I don’t like.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics

I did all my research and I loved it

Response from AscendTMS

Replied June 2019

What an AMAZING review! Thank you so much. You ROCK. The AscendTMS Team.

RICK from DEDICATED GLOBAL CARRIERS, LLC

Exceeds all of our expectations

Low Cost - High return on productivity for my staff.

Pros

EASE OF USE - ADDING CARRIERS, CUSTOMERS, USERS IS A STRAIGHTFORWARD PROCESS MOVING BETWEEN TASK IS SIMPLE AND EASY. THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AND ACCOUNTS PAYABLE DATA IS LINKED DIRECTL WITH QUICKBOOKS ON-LINE - SAVING DUPLICATE ENTRY WORK . System now has a Commissions option which will save even more time when dealing with our Sales Agents.

Cons

No real issues, we would like to see a little more ease in entering our carrier invoices into the system as we currently enter one and start over - system would be a little easier if it returned to you the original page you were on when a number of carrier invoices are being entered at one time. We also find not having ability to audit activities by users is an item that must be addressed.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied November 2017

Thank you, Rick, for the awesome review. You guys are amazing!! The AscendTMS Team

Maxim from Dm World Transportation LLC

Good experience, above average

It improved a lot our way of doing business but there is some more work for developers which I hope they will complete soon and we can enjoy this great app, I like the concept, I think it can become better and hope it will.

Pros

It's complex and includes a lot of very useful tools for running your logistics. Loads that come thru this software are already build and it does offer a lot of information regarding the shipper and delivery location and calculate the distance between them instantly. You also have a feature to send tracking message to your drivers which I find very useful. It's fairly comfortable for doing logistics part of work , I gave it 4 stars because it's great for passing all the information about business you have done to accounting in no time and effortless.

Cons

Even though it's a great software, it's not perfect, there are some things that I wish would work differently for more efficient workflow. Every time you sort your loads and yo go into a random load and then you go back to all the loads, your sorting preference is lost and you have to do it again. Other thing is every time you need to go into check calls to see if there is anything in there you need to pay attention to, you are again going back and forward for no reason. A big improvement would be possibility to open your check calls in a separate window.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied December 2017

Maxim, thank you for the amazing review. The AscendTMS Team.

John from Smithfield Foods

Industry: Food Production

Solid product backed by good people

For the price we couldn't expect a better product. InMotion Global is highly responsive to our needs, has expanded the capabilities of AscendTMS significantly since we started using it, and continues to roll out new features regularly. AscendTMS is stable, reliable, affordable, and is working for us at our present level of need. We can't wait to see what new capabilities they roll out next.

Pros

The price is outstanding, particularly for the capabilities of the product.

Cons

AscendTMS doesn't yet rise to the level of a full-featured software package for a trucking operation...but it's getting closer every month. Given the cost and Software as a Service model we aren't really expecting all the bells and whistles of a high dollar package which resides on our own server.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2017

Hi John. Thank you for the very kind review. You are right that we add new features every single week and month. Everything we add is ALWAYS free to subscribers. The AscendTMS Team

Joe from Pinnacle Transport, Inc.

The heart of our operation

Ascend has given me the confidence to grow my business and not get lost creating invoices, payroll and organizing drivers.

Pros

The ability to create payroll reports and export invoices all based on the original load information. The ability to search a load number based on the BOL, VRID, or whatever number was entered at the loads origination. The ability to customize the columns while viewing loads. The ability to send invoices with POD's and Confirmation Sheets attached

Cons

The invoices imported to QB do not contain the description data from the invoice in Ascend. Other than that, the software seems to be bulletproof.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied November 2018

Joe - thank you for your AMAZING review. We will continue to keep adding the features you want and need! The AscendTMS Team.

Casey from Giddy Up Inc.

CEO

As an owner of a 3PL I have to use software that keeps track of all my top line revenue, gross margin, and commissions for my sales team. Ascend does a great job of all of that. The board itself where I keep track of the companies shipments is very easy and simple to view. It has to be when you're moving a high volume of loads and need to stay organized. Overall great product.

Pros

1. In the cloud. 2. UI is great. 3. Easy to add users, delete users. 4. Great reporting.

Cons

Nothing. They continue to improve their software every month adding new integrations and add ons.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied April 2019

Wow wow wow! Thank you for that amazing review! The AscendTMS team!

February 2016

Steve from Lanter Logistics

February 2016

A new user, implementing a TMS to a broker start-up

The brokerage business is not complex, it involves arranging freight transportation. The details are important and many however and to build a brokerage that will grow and increase in value a solid--not complex--TMS is required. First of all, Ascend TMS is in the cloud. No need to invest in and manage (and worry about) a server. And brokers can access it anywhere they have an internet connection. Second, simplicity. I've been in this business over 40 years and the intuitive features of AscendTMS appeal to my sense of KISS--keep it simple stupid. With the challenges inherent in arranging transportation today, simple technology allows me to focus on the more complex issues of people, customers and carriers. Third, you can start for nothing. Zero. Nada. Gratis. No credit card is required and you can literally be on the TMS and working right away. Perfect for the start-up broker. And as you grow the cost is $49/user--3 user minimum. And, no lengthy and punitive contract to sign. And no minimum term. Fourth, it's feature rich for a TMS. Need a rate engine? It's included. Document management--included (go paperless, it's 2016). Cell phone tracking of drivers? It's in the system. No need to go to outside vendors. Get the reports you want. If you don't see a feature you need, let Ascend TMS know and they try to get it for you. All in all, Ascend TMS offers incredible value. And developing, marketing and servicing the TMS is their only business. Not a load board company. Not a 3PL. Just a TMS company, in the cloud. I'm looking forward to a long, mutually beneficial relationship with our Ascend TMS and will update this review after getting a few quarters under our belt.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2016

Steve - thanks for the amazing review. I wish you lots of luck (and PROFITS) for your brokerage business. AscendTMS will help you get there!

Daniel from Southbound Trucking & Equipment, LLC

Up and coming, but great support. They always answer the phone.

Pros

Ease of Use & customizability are key in my line of work. I can control my own views and also can reach someone every-time I try to get tutorials when needed.

Cons

I think there should be a 24 hour support line. Also, the system tends to go under temporary construction quite a bit at times of the day I can't afford it to. I will say the frequency of this has certainly decreased in recent months.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied March 2018

Daniel - thanks for the amazing review. Yes - we we're adding so many new customers every day (were are at over 13,300 customers as I write this) that we had to quadruple our server capacity and our horsepower (again!!!). That's why you've noticed significant improvements in AscendTMS response times and speeds. Again - thanks for the amazing support from you and your entire team, Daniel!

Brock from Burtchell Transport Service

Overall, I give this 5 star rating

There are so many great features that come with this TMS system that I really cannot believe that the cost is LESS than half what my previous TMS system was. The biggest thing about this system that hampers my "ease of use" rating is in regards to how easy it is to use for people that are not familiar with TMS software. I have dispatchers that will not use this system because of the time it takes to create a load, and the several different panes of information required to completely build a load. Other than that, customer support is awesome. I have asked questions, and I either get a resolution, or customer support will actually work on resolving the issue for me. I feel like an actual paying customer here! I would welcome anyone to this software, even though I recognize it is currently something that I believe gives me a niche tool in the transportation market. I have actually suggested this to two other companies already, and will continue to do so as long as AscendTMS and inmotionglobal continue to treat me with great service.

Pros

Continually creative ideas, cutting edge innovation, outstanding customer service

Cons

Takes too long to build loads; too many panes to navigate

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2017

Brock - amazing review. Thanks. Regarding building loads...our EXPERT VIEW goes live this week...it does EVERYTHING you experts asked for. Enjoy! The AscendTMS Team

Joseph from RM GLOBAL

Awesome

Pros

User friendly - Easy to learn an navigate through each tab. Easy to correct errors Easy to find a particular tab or info you need to find in a timely manner Easy to upload documents I like the fact that frequently used info can be saved in the system and doesn't have to be retyped

Cons

Too many taps - I feel like all this could be put in one page... just scroll down Deleting attachments can be quite an undertaking - It should be a 1 click delete button Tab for inputting load info ie address, should be the same as the one we use for inputting the pick up and delivering times when adding a new load

Kris from American Lady Transport, LLC

Best TMS on the block

It saved us time, money, employees, and made our profits go up.

Pros

All the features that DAT, Truckstop, and all the other TMS software are offering at extra charges are included with your subscription.to Ascend. You get Texting, Tracking, Quick Books Integration, 50+ load boards posted to, and much much more. IT is quick to fix an issue, if you have a feature you would like to see added, done.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied November 2017

Thanks, Kris! We appreciate the kind comments and awesome review. The AscendTMS Team

Adrian from Giddy Up Inc.

Does great for us!

The software is great for keeping docs and notes organized on our carriers and reporting functions have been very helpful to streamline our SOP's.

Pros

I enjoy the document organization and archiving functions for keeping files on our preferred carriers. Also the reporting functions give us great insight into areas of improvement internally.

Extremely Valuable

This software does EVERYTHING I need it to do to run my company. It will probably do all you need it to do as well.

Pros

This software is crafted by industry professionals who know what you need to succeed as a dispatcher, truck driver, owner operator, fleet owner or as a broker. They continually look for ways to improve the system and they resolve any issues quickly. I have only had to reach out for assistance a few times, but when I do the team at AscendTMS is always quick to respond with helpful info.

Cons

About once every 3 months, the software will go down for about 15 minutes. This is always a very short disconnect and is always back up and running shortly. For the price and the amenities, I barely feel justified in mentioning this little hiccup.

Chris from Baucom's Nursery Company

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great User Friendly Software!

Our brokers would sometimes change things after we had processed the load. Of course, we heard the it wasn't me! They now have an accountability feature which tells who changed what. Solved a lot of disagreements and problems.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. Does everything it promises.

Cons

Can't think of a thing. They are constantly making improvements and they are responsive when you need anything extra.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied April 2019

Chris - thanks for your amazing review! You are the BEST. The AscendTMS Team.

Joseph from Transportation

Great Service and Great Price

Great! Customer service is always available to help and lets me get my drivers there rate confirmations super quick. I would recommend AcsendTMS to anyone in the industry because of it's simple and organized functions.

Pros

The all in one ability to post, book, and build a load. Great software also to keep track of rates.

Cons

Only thing is once in a while will take a while to load a reporting page.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied April 2019

Thank you so much for this very special review! The AscendTMS Team.

Shawn from That Guy Logistics

This software does it all! efficient and easy to use!

Pros

You can use this easily if it is your first time or if you are a seasoned professional> Highly recommended whether you are a one-man operation or have several employees.

Cons

still looking for one it does just what I need as we grow, there is a good chance we will find the cons as all do when expanding we are confident they will work with us to find a solution to whatever problems may arise.

Mark from Interstate Transport

Easy, flexible, inexpensive & quick online TMS software - great Value!

Pros

AscendTMS is super quick to get started, and very straightforward to use. Most of what you need to do is very intuitive and quickly accessible. Most information (for loads/carriers/etc.) is presented in one screen or with menu-driven pop-up windows - no annoying switching to multiple screens. It's very responsive. While some other companies require days if not weeks to set up demos, and can cost huge amounts of money, getting started LIVE with AscendTMS took only a matter of moments and was FREE! The help system seems quite comprehensive and includes video tutorials as well. They even have daily live help/demo sessions with their support team. The cost vs. benefit value proposition can't be beat. (Free for basic features; enterprise level features.) Seems to have comprehensive features that most companies would require, whether shipper, carrier or 3PL broker. Surprisingly full-featured for the minimal cost. From what I gather, they seem to be continually adding new features. This is not a stagnant product, but continues to evolve. I would definitely include this in your short-list of TMS software to try out. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find other software that is so easy and free to try, and that has so many features.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied November 2017

Mark - it's customers like you that drive us forward. Thank you so much for the amazing review! The AscendTMS Team

greg from good fortune freight

ASCENDTMS office home and mobile use

Benefits i have from using AscendTms ,is that of accounting , as well as there customer Service if any problems at all there always there to help you threw it step by step

Pros

I like the dash board set up easy to navigate, My Favourite feature is i can also have my carriers use AscendTMS with loads they pick up For free since i use a variety of different carriers it makes it easy to keep in touch with driver and for accounting it is easy to keep BOL or POD in PDF as a retired truck driver somebody who is not very computer savvy, even for me its easy to Operate AscendTms

Cons

Only issues i have is jumping from Ascend to DAT or Truckstop load board

Response from InMotion Global

Replied November 2019

Amazing review. Thank you, Greg. The AscendTMS Team.

Nicholas from H.T.P. Transportation LLC

Best TMS Ive worked it

Pros

I switch from trucking office to ascend tms after my trial period had ended. All the customizable feature along with the ability to have a fully functioning brokerage software as my company grows is a nice cherry on this slice of pie. As well as being able to keep maintenance records, driver, trailer and equipment record in one well organized location at no extra charge.

Cons

None that i can think of at this time.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics

Functional. It does it all customer service has always been friendly and efficient at helping me navigate the software.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied May 2019

Thank you so much, Nicholas. Your fantastic review is greatly appreciated by all of us at AscendTMS. Thank you!

Adrian from Giddy Up Inc.

We love it!

We've been using this software for almost 3 years now and have had nothing but good experiences with updates and available support. Features are well thought out and function well. Would definitely recommend!

Pros

The easy of use and integrated database this software provides is great! The ability to customize carrier profiles, location information and line items for invoicing make this program top notch. Also available support is great!

Cons

Desktop software is excellent I would like to see the app and mobile sites run more smoothly.

Alex from HOKA INCORPORATED

The AscendTMS software is so good, that you want it to be perfect!

Pros

AscendTMS is intuitive and user-friendly. Also, the application is ergonomic and aesthetically pleasing. Connections with Triumph and load boards are a plus.

Cons

Some features are not fully developed: - loads, returned from load boards need to have essential information, that can be used for work. Consult an SME. - There is no bulk import of loads. Very helpful feature for the EOD tasks. - Export of customers is missing. - I would love to customize columns on various objects: locations, customers, etc. For example: a) customers table displays address, but does not display e-mail. E-mails are used more often these days; b) it would be helpful if locations display private notes (searchable); - Driver pay management requires a lot of repetitive manual tasks. Unless I'm missing some knowledge. Imagine having to generate settlement reports for 10 drivers at the EOD. How to mark all items paid and report exported as PDF in one click?

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied August 2019

Hi ALex - AMAZING review. Thank you so SO much. You are amazing. The AscendTMS Team.

JC from Orion Carrier

Not perfect but to me its the best choice and its getting better

Ive been using this for years and im very pleased. Couldnt imagine not having it.

Pros

Its easy and straight forward to use and It just organizes your trucking world Clean friendly interphase. Customer service is the best. Very customizable.

Cons

No iPhone app and the mobile version is glitchy.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2019

JC - thanks so much for the AWESOME review. The AscendTMS Team.

Jeremiah from JBT Inc.

Exactly what we needed!

Our business was expanding and our current software could not keep up. AscendTMS defiantly came to the rescue. I had been keeping my eye on the software for a few months but had not moved to it thinking the transition would be tough. I was wrong! Easy transition! My only regret is not doing it sooner. Great staff behind this product.

Pros

Web-based, no software to install, great support, load board integration.

Cons

None so far. I am very happy with the software in our application.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied August 2019

Jeremiah - thanks SO MUCH for the AMAZING review. You rock! The AscendTMS Team.

Matt from Giddy Up Inc

Great System

Love it. I would highly recommend. I have been using this for the past 19 months. I wouldn't use anything else.

Pros

You can get rates from the software. It is very easy to use and has a ton of features. The ease of use to find past loads is very convenient.

Cons

The rates are sometimes off. It deletes locations from time to time randomly. I wish you could find past lane prices a little easier.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied February 2020

Matt - THANK YOU THANK YOU for such an amazing AscendTMS review. You ROCK! The AscendTMS Team

Charles from Golden Empire Logistics Incorporated

Great Customer Service and the cross platform integration

Pros

The Customer Support office, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is great. They are always on top of getting things fixed. The biggest draw for me was the integration with Quickbooks online. Really simplified one of my workflow processes.

Cons

When I tried to use a phone recently the experience was not the best. I would also like to see SMS driver dispatching as a feature.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied August 2019

Charles - what an AMAZING review!!! Thank you SO MUCH. The AscendTMS Team.

William from TLO Logistics

Love This Software

We love this software, very simple to use and always improving by adding more features. Ascend has kept our paperwork to a minimum and keep our payroll straight as well. I personally like the color patterns, easy to see by the colors the status of the load. Easy to use and manage. Great job!

Pros

The simplicity of it, no major instructions to read to understand it.

Cons

That i had to wait all this years for it to be available, wish you where here sooner, save us a lot of work.

Leslieann from Texas MA Transport

awesome tracking software to keep your transportation company all under one banner

one place to see entire company and keep trucks under one place.

Pros

Easy to put each load in and track all your drivers in one place. Then the ease of sending in the accounting piece to the factoring company is very useful. I like the ability to find thousands of companies and addresses already loaded and made the accounting and load building process much easier.

Cons

The templates are not very easy to set up and implement. Easier to just build each load. Entering and updating your trucks is a bit time consuming, but once done is good. Editing loads is a bit tricky too but can be overcome.

Sam from Elite Dispatch

Great Software

We used another dispatching software when we started our business but it did not have everything that we needed to be successful. One day my boss sends me an email to checkout Ascend. WOW! We switched that day. Everything that you get for the money is unbelievable and they are adding things all the time. You will not make a mistake by using Ascend

Pros

Very easy to use and the price for everything that you get

Cons

can not customize it to what you need

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2017

Sam, your great review is greatly appreciated. Thank you! The AscendTMS Team

Armando from 1 Solution Logistics

Help Is There

we have issues with information not being sent over to my factoring company,

Pros

Ascend has been very efficient in helping us keep track of our logistic needs. You can customize, edit, and assign different tasks allowing us to better organize our workload. As a growing company we are very thankful for the promotions and support that Ascend has provided us. Thanks to AscendTMS, we have been able to grow.

Cons

Sometimes when we send the info over to our factoring company the payee information does not show.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied June 2019

Armando - amazing review of AscendTMS. Thank you so much! The AscendTMS Team

Jared from Frost Brook Transportation. Inc.

Transportation Client Review

Pros

User Friendly interface Competitively priced Compatibility with various devices

Cons

Lag time on changing screens Missing some features still- exporting certain reports, keeping track of available trucks, etc.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied November 2019

Thanks, Jared. What a GREAT review. The AscendTMS Team.

Eric from Specialized Global Logistics

Do More For Less

Pros

We love how this software is designed for asset based AND brokerage companies. We are also able to streamline the order process all the way through invoices with compatibilities with Quickbooks.

Cons

Too much data left unarchived can really bog down the speed of the software. We sometimes find bugs, but the development team is quick to fix.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied November 2017

Thanks for the amazing review, Eric! You guys are amazing. The AscendTMS Team

Thomas from Tithing Transport LLC

Good Software

Pros

I would give it 5 stars, but the one thing it's missing is maintenance reports for trucks. If that could be added, then I could see it being a great software program

Cons

It does not allow you to keep certain reports on you fleet like Trucking Office does. We have signed up for Premium, but those reports are not there. We will have to keep using Trucking Office until then.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the amazing review, Thomas. It is greatly appreciated and it's very meaningful to the AscendTMS team here to get positive feedback. Let us know if we can do ANYTHING MORE for you. You are a valuable part of our success here.

Brian from Freight Broker Solutions

It's Great!!!

Software is quick and easy to use, I love that you don't have to download anything! The video tutorials are the best, makes it really easy to understand how to work the program. I would recommend it to anyone!!

Pros

It is pretty easy to learn, especially with the help of the videos. I also love the Insta Rate feature, and the new accounting feature! I love the fact that you can suggest features, so it's like you're helping mold the software for your needs.

Cons

The biggest problem is the support staff hours, but it's manageable. I've also experienced some pretty rude and degrading staff while I was trying to get help.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2017

Hi Brain - thanks for the 9 out of 10 review. For support, you will get an immediate human on the phone during regular business hours. After hours support is provided within 1 hour of your message being left. Again...thanks for the awesome review. The AscendTMS Team

QUINCY from THIRD COAST LOGISTICS

OVERALL , A VERY USER FRIENDLY TMS SYSTEM.

Pros

STRAIGHT FORWARD, CLEAN AND SIMPLE INTERFACE . LIKE THE FACT YOU CAN ACCESS IT FROM PRACTICALLY ANYWHERE AND ENJOY THE SAME FUNCTIONALITY EVEN ON A CELL PHONE

Cons

* NO CARRIER ON BOARDING INTERGRATION * LOAD REPORTS- SHOULD NOT HAVE TO RE-ENTER SEARCH CRITERIA EVERY TIME YOU BACK OUT OF THE SCREEN , A SEPERATE WINDOW WOULD BE AWESOME. * DELAY AND RE-SORT THAT OCCURS WHEN POSTING LOADS TO LOAD BOARDS FROM WITHIN THE SOFTWARE NEEDS TO BE REMEDIED. * ON LOAD REPORTS, WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO SEE CARRIERS PHONE #'S IN THE EXPORTED EXCEL SHEET

Chad from Spearfish Transportation LLC

Truly Magical Software! They have main-streamed this in a BIG BIG way!

You name it, I get it!

Pros

How simply easy it is to use!

Cons

Response from AscendTMS

Replied November 2017

Thanks for the great review, Chad. You guys are awesome. Please keep spreading the word about AscendTMS! The AscendTMS Team.

Andrew from Lightning Logistics

AscendTMS Logistics Software Review

Pros

The way it looks. It looks professional and easy to use. I also like it searches locations for you and all you have to do is click a button to insert it into your rate con.

Cons

It is slow at times. Sometimes it crashes or have to continuously refresh browser. The Instarate is also off at times.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great review, Andrew. It's people like you that make us smile! The AscendTMS Team.

Rock from Lightning Logistics, llc

Happy Customer

Easy to invoice with QuickBooks and file loads for future reference

Pros

The ability to build loads and then save them as temple plates.

Cons

Rates...Not very accurate...need to be within 10 days

Response from AscendTMS

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the amazing review, Rock! The AscendTMS Team.