All AscendTMS Logistics Software Reviews

Reviewed April 2023

AscendTMS Review

Joe

Reviewed October 2018

The heart of our operation

Ascend has given me the confidence to grow my business and not get lost creating invoices, payroll and organizing drivers.

PROS

The ability to create payroll reports and export invoices all based on the original load information. The ability to search a load number based on the BOL, VRID, or whatever number was entered at the loads origination. The ability to customize the columns while viewing loads. The ability to send invoices with POD's and Confirmation Sheets attached

CONS

The invoices imported to QB do not contain the description data from the invoice in Ascend. Other than that, the software seems to be bulletproof.

Joe - thank you for your AMAZING review. We will continue to keep adding the features you want and need! The AscendTMS Team.

Replied November 2018

Anthony

Reviewed March 2023

High End Features, Incredible Value, Extremely responsive customer service.

This is a great TMS. We vetted over 30 different solutions throughout our startup process. At the end of the day Ascend has incredible features, and at value that allows you to scale from day 1 with 5-10 loads per day through year 10 doing nearly 10000 loads annually. They are updating features quarterly that add more value to the suite without making implementation a massive capital undertaking on day 1. Highly customizable environment that allows the user to build format that works for them. Would highly recommend giving this software a look.

PROS

AscendTMS is incredibly easy to implement. The ascend team does a great job assisting in any data uploading that is necessary to avoid costly data entry man hours. The TMS is very user friendly and is full of useful, relevant features that most higher end TMS programs overlook.

CONS

Any issues that we have with the software are readily corrected and revised by ascend's team. Any time we have had an issue which has been less than 5 times since we started using this software in 2015 are resolved rapidly.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Ease of implementation, overall value compared to others, low user cost, customization features.

AMAZING. WOW. OUTSTANDING. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, ANTHONY. AscendTMS LOVES YOU, MY MAN!!!! We're so pleased you like what we are doing for the 52,700+ customers - like you - that use AscendTMS.

Replied March 2023

Jaccqlyn

Reviewed September 2022

It does not Ascend.

PROS

I like only one thing about this software. It kept a log of all users actions. This feature held each person accountable for any mistakes made.

CONS

Everything. This software is hard to navigate. From entering in a load manually and then to invoice it is all a hassle.

SCAMMER USER ALERT: Hey Jaccqlyn Ratzlaff - WHY DID YOU WRITE THIS REVIEW TO MISLEAD PEOPLE, MISSY? Let's look at the FACTS before people believe your LIES. You should be ASHAMED of yourself. 1. You NEVER used your free BASIC AscendTMS account & NEVER moved a single load with it. 2. Your boss told you to use it but you were resistant from the start and didn't want to as you preferred paper (clearly, you never did use AscendTMS because it appears you have no business at all!) 3. You only ever had a free BASIC account - and didn't even use that. You never even used our PREMIUM software - EVER!!!! 4. You took absolutely NO training classes - (even though they were offered, free). Bottom Line: We have billion dollar companies using (and loving) AscendTMS. We are THE. most widely used TMS. Unfortunately, Jaccqlyn, if you have NO customers, NO loads, NO staff, NO tech ability, and NO intent to use it, then AscendTMS is DEFINITELY not a fit for you. The AscendTMS Team

Replied September 2022

Laura

Reviewed April 2024

Simple program

If I can't figure something out, all I have to do is ask Ascend and they get right back to me quickly. All of the customer service people I have spoken to have been very nice and helpful.

PROS

Ascend is pretty easy to use. Once you use it for a short period of time, it's pretty easy.

CONS

There is not really anything I don't like about the software.

AMAZING!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Replied April 2024

Erika

Reviewed September 2020

Great option for small business TMS

Our office was using Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc to manage an asset based trucking company and a brokerage. While functional, it was very time consuming to do things this way and required a lot more hands on everything each week. With Ascend, we have been able to streamline processes, manage our databases and engage with Quickbooks to free up time for most of our staff members. This has allowed us to spend more time on other things, such as sales, recruiting and overall growth of our companies.

PROS

I really like the features for the price of this product. It offers efficiencies in our processes on many levels, allows multiple users to access data, combines information in one place and much more. Other similar systems cost many times more than the Ascend program, making this a great option for smaller companies with smaller budgets.

CONS

Updating templates does not automatically update active loads or pre-existing loads which used those templates. This just means you have to manually update existing loads based on the template in addition to the template itself when making changes.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

The cost of Ascend for what we get is hands down a clear winner. We have a great technical team to back up the program and they are open to making changes/improvements based on our recommendations. There is no extra fee when new system upgrades roll out and we get to benefit from the constant improvements they are making. Additionally, it is easy to use and integrates with other departments to make everyone's lives more streamlined and efficient.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Erika. You are simply the BEST. I will tell the entire team here how happy you are. The AscendTMS Team.

Replied October 2020

Katherine

Reviewed January 2020

Best choice!!

We started our brokerage in February 2019 -- and as we were growing, we needed a TMS system, excel spreadsheets were just not cutting it. We were able to really increase our capacity and use our time more wisely!

PROS

I love its customizability and their customer service! We were able to structure the load board how we wanted it. Also, they are really great about listening to their clients. I've had some suggestions that I provided them and they actually implemented them! It's great to see a company actually give you what you are looking for in a program. I know they have a lot in the works and I look forward to growing with them! Also -- with them being partnered with TriumphPay - it was been a lifesaver and timesaver for us. and the price is really great - as a start up -- it's a little tight with revenue and expenses. I really appreciate that as well.

CONS

I'm great! I really have nothing to complain about. Only thing that would be great to have is the bill payment communication to Quickbooks. But that is super minor.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I liked their loadboard look and feel, partnership with Triumphpay, Fourkites, and the load boards, and other companies. I love that they were explaining their future updates such as the customer portal. And the price was huge because there are 3 of us. And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] -- our go to guy --- we just clicked really well. I really appreciated his customer service!

Katherine - what an amazing review. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will let our entire team know about your kind words. The AscendTMS Team

Replied January 2020

Matt

Reviewed August 2019

Excellent TMS

The billing process has really improved thanks to the seamless integration with QBO.

PROS

It's incredibly user-friendly and customizable. I've used several (far more expensive) TMSs in the past decade, and AcendTMS is the best by far. The ease of use, integrations, and great customer service have made me a huge fan.

CONS

My only critique is that there is no open API yet, but I'm told that's in the works. I'm glad they're taking their time with it.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Better pricing and flexibility.

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Revenova was not at all user-friendly, incredibly expensive, and they were not open to feedback at all. They locked me into a contract and I had to wait to get out to switch.

Hi Matt - thanks for the great review. You are amazing! The AscendTMS Team.

Replied August 2019

Reviewed May 2021

The Only TMS I will EVER Use!

After using several other EXPENSIVE TMS software, this is the only TMS software that I would recommend to anyone! Large or small!

PROS

Extremely powerful and expansive software has the most user friendly interface.

CONS

I have yet to find something that I don't like about this software!

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Again, because of my experience with AscendTMS, no one has ever even come close to the features and the value that they offer!

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Because AscendTMS is simply THE BEST.

Thank you SO much, Jennifer. You ROCK!!! I will tell the entire team here just how much you love AscendTMS!! You made our day!

Replied May 2021

Kalley

Reviewed February 2024

Freight Broker

The Help from [sensitive content hidden] , went above and beyond to help me setup. He was patient, kind and very friendly. I would tell everybody to get Ascend just for the customer service.

PROS

Customer Service! Easy to navigate low monthly cost

CONS

Nothing, wish I would have signed up sooner.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Because of [sensitive content hidden]. He was consistent. Always picked up the phone to help. Even before I became a customer.

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

No Customer Service No one around to help if you had questions.

AMAZING!!!!!!!

Replied February 2024

Martha

Reviewed February 2024

Easy to Use TMS

PROS

Support is knowledgeable and easily accessible during their hours.

CONS

There is some terminology that is odd to me.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

It met most of our requirements and seemed the most likely to meet our needs.

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Needed modernization with simplicity. We got it.

BEST EVER!!!! AMAZING. Thank you!!!!

Replied February 2024

Oliver

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

[sensitive content hidden]

PROS

User easy Not too hard to manage Great support team

CONS

Could integrate with more platforms in logistics

AMAZING REVIEW!!!!! Thank you!!!!

Replied January 2024

Patrick

Reviewed August 2021

Great TMS. Cannot beat it for the price!

Its great for the cost. Additionally, I do like its documents assignment features.

PROS

I particularly like their online video tutorials and if those don't help their IT is relentless is assessing and helping resolve the problem.

CONS

I do wish the software was a bit more carrier involved. Posting trucks would be a great feature. Also wish there was a lock on loads or accounts so when someone is in the account/loads/files you would know it and couldn't make changes until in the files.

Its affordability and integration with Triumph Business Capital

AWESOME review of AscendTMS! Thank you so much, Patrick. The AscendTMS Team!!!

Replied August 2021

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2022

Great Product, Great People!

Outstanding customer service, great product, great people!

PROS

This software is super easy to use for organizing my customers, carriers, and loads. Ascend is quick for onboarding new carriers; I just input their USDOT/MC# and Ascend autofills the majority of the carriers info. Building loads is also super quick and painless compared to other big name TMS providers.

CONS

I have no current complaints with this software.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Ease of use, better value for the price.

WOW Michael - thanks for your AMAZING review of AscendTMS. It's reviews like this that help us spread the love even more!! The AscendTMS Team

Replied January 2022

Aracelys

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2019

Highly Recommend system

You have all the perks in one.

PROS

This software is very user friendly, easy to use. You can dispatch the drivers from it, easy invoicing. I have been in the industry for 23 years and I used all softwares, I absolutely love it the best part is This one is very economical.

CONS

I haven’t seen anything that I don’t like.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I did all my research and I loved it

What an AMAZING review! Thank you so much. You ROCK. The AscendTMS Team.

Replied June 2019

Reviewed September 2020

Can't say Enough!

My overall experience with Ascend TMS has been great! Extremely easy to use, very affordable and the customer service and support is always exceptional every time that I need it. most recently,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me figure out a problem I was having with my accounting side of the system and he was able to not only guide me to what I was doing wrong but showed me a way to deal with my issue that made my life 10X better! 10/10 would recommend this system to anybody in the industry!

PROS

I love how easy It is to use ascend TMS. I've been in the transportation industry for a few years now and I've used quite a few different TMS/CRM systems; besides being over priced, most are extremely confusing to learn and adapt to. I feel like Ascend TMS is the first system I've ever used that I knew how to operate at least 75% from the moment I started using it. Also I absolutely love how the systems remembers previous information and stores it for future use like customers, locations etc..

CONS

Up to now I have zero complaints about the system. It integrates flawlessly with my business. The only thing I think would be a great future feature would be if it had an APP. I believe that would be very useful to companies like mine that are agent-based because as an agent you're using your phone for work probably more than a computer or laptop and although I have signed into the system from my phone when in an emergency, I feel like on an actual app it would perform much better.

WOW WOW WOW - thank you so much, David. What an AMAZING review from an AMAZING person. You rock!! . The AscendTMS Team

Replied September 2020

Greg

Reviewed February 2017

Powerful and Efficient TMS Platform.

We were searching for an new TMS platform to move our operations to from the legacy platform in use. After searching over 10+ platforms we decided on AscendTMS. Our decision was based on Features , Platform Scalability, Ease of Use, Training and Cost. Compared to platforms costing hundreds of dollars a month for single users with setup fees of $2000-$4000, Ascend could not be beat. Getting a REAL WORKING Platform to try for FREE for 30 Days / not just a "sandbox demo" was the closer. Moving from a much more complicated TMS platform, we were up and doing orders within 20 minutes. While much younger than many other platforms out there, new features are being rolled out on regular basis. It does lack a few things I would prefer from the load management side but from what I have been told by their customer service team many are in development for early 2017. For small / midsize carriers / 3pl Logistic firms this platform really cannot be beat. It an excellent balance of features and cost effectiveness. We have no complaints or regrets in committing to this Ascend at this time. Once the new features roll on I have no issue changing my 4 stars to 5 stars for Features and Functionality.

PROS

Ease of Use, Fast Setup, VERY Cost Effective, Easy to customize workspaces for our own preferrences.

CONS

Lacks some features currently that can speed up or improve the steps needed for load management. Integration with tracking such as Macropoint. No automatic status notification updates for customers ie: Trucks on site, Loaded. Delivery, POD name. Dispatch team must use a few extra steps to do these.

Greg - thanks for the amazing and detailed review. We truly appreciate it. The AscendTMS Team

Replied February 2017

Kris

Reviewed January 2019

Development has taken a back seat

We have been using the service for over 3 years. The accounting module has been able to send all AR info to QuickBooks, all of the AP payments we have had to annually record because they released an incomplete module. Have had promise after promise made to us about software releases to only be told oh sorry we have had so many new features being released we haven't had time to work on the existing modules. Really disappointed.

PROS

Cheap software, a lot of features, easy to use.

CONS

Development worries about introducing new modules instead of making sure existing ones are working correctly. They don't have enough employees to handle the work load.

Kris - thanks for the review. If you need training on the Quickbooks connection just call us. We have several hundred users using it and it works just fine for them. The AscendTMS team.

Replied February 2019