What are AscendTMS Logistics Software users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using AscendTMS Logistics Software software through verified user reviews

• icon"Fast, affordable, good looking front end, well organized, free training available, BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE, good integration, free tracking."
  • icon"Ease of Use is by far what I like most about this software. I feel like I am missing steps, but its just that easy."
  • icon"Ease of use & customer support, easy to train new help on."
  • icon"We did occasionally have issues where loads were lost, but customer service noted it and fixed those issues as far as i know."
  • icon"The list of manufacturers to approach for business is way outdated. If businesses are no longer in business."
  • icon"Lag time on changing screens. Missing some features still- exporting certain reports, keeping track of available trucks, etc."

Browse all AscendTMS Logistics Software Reviews

• Have you used AscendTMS Logistics Software and would like to share your experience with others?

Tamara

Great TMS

I just started my business a year ago at that time I was looking for the best TMS for a small start up company that would fit my needs and I have found Ascend TMS to fit my needs. Customer servie rep was very helpful assisting me with setting up branches.

Pros

Ascend is very user friendly and cost effective

Cons

The shipper directory could use an update

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Ascend is more cost effective

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Emails were generating properly through the system

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Thanks for the AMAZING review, Tamara. You ROCK!!! The AscendTMS Team

Replied October 2019

Tamika

New To AscendTMS as Broker

So far so good with its uses and fluidity.

Pros

Ease of use, integrations with other loadboards and factoring, user friendly for the non technical ones.

Cons

Nothing so far. It does everything the company needs and is affordable for start up company.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Much better system, up to date look, more integrations at your fingertips, and free system utilization as promo for partnering with Axle factoring.

Response from InMotion Global

THANK YOU, Tamika! What an AWESOME review. You rock!!! The AscendTMS Team.

Jonathan-Edward

Maria is the best...

Overall, it has been a great experience. I would recommend Ascend TMS to anyone looking for a new TMS system.

Pros

It is very robust. It allows me to build loads as simple or complex as I need. Whether it is a 1 pick 1 drop load, or a 12 stop load with detention and layover charges to different parties, Ascend lets me build loads however I need for them to be.

Cons

The only downside that I have found so far is that there is not a mobile application for the TMS board. There have been a couple situations over the past several months where I was away from the office and could have used a mobile application to build a load on my phone, but that was not an option because the mobile web version did not store all of the locations and carriers that the desktop version stores.

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Tab Bank bought BAM, and we were kind of made to switch.

Response from InMotion Global

Outstanding review, Jonathan Thank you SO much. What an amazing review of AscendTMS. THANK YOU!!! The entire AscendTMS Team.

Replied June 2021

Shawn

Good For What You Pay

Overall the TMS allowed me to get up and running, but as we continue to grow, we've reached the point of needing to find a TMS that fits our needs. This is a great startup TMS, but realistically anyone who does over $1 - $2 mil in rev will outgrow the TMS fast.

Pros

This software allows you to get up and running fairly quickly, customer service is good when they are open and you can reach someone to talk with. They always seem to be doing updates which is a good thing I suppose.

Cons

Your always told their doing updates which is a good thing, there is never any type of notice when changes are made, what the changes are that are being made, and if you work on the weekend you can't reach anyone. Today particularly systems are down, been down for over an hour, can't reach a single person for support, help, and prevents you from doing your very basic freight functions. As a business owner, paying hourly employees, independent brokers can't help their clients and customers, this snowballed very quickly and go out of control. Would be nice if we knew what changes were done, when support tells you they will submit a change and get back to you when the change will be done that there was follow through, that you could get support when needed, and have help as the system can be clunky and super temperamental at first. Especially with being a premium user.

Response from InMotion Global

Hi Shawn - thanks for the review. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION. In the last 5 years years we've been down for less than 44 minutes TOTAL. So, I don't think it was AscendTMS that was down, it was likely your Internet connection. Regarding size of our customers, our largest customer is a $9 billion distributor with 360 DC's and 3 separate logistics offices in North America. So, we can definitely support both the biggest logistics operations as well as the smallest operations like yours (hopefully you'll make it to $9 billion one day, too . We are glad you're using AscendTMS, Shawn. We'll keep adding more and more features - AND WE'LL CONTINUE TO BE THE HIGHEST RATED TMS SOFTWARE ON THE PLANET!!

Replied July 2020

Brent

April 2022

New To Ascend, So Far so Good, Customer Service top Notch!

New to Ascend but so far working well for us.

Pros

Quick Books linking reducing duplicate entry

Cons

Ability to Run reports on Carriers non existent, search function very easy to use

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Ease of use and some familiarity with product by Operations Personnel

Response from InMotion Global

WOW WOW WOW, Brent - thanks SO much, my friend. This is AMAZING. The AscendTMS Team

Antonia

So far great

so far really positive experience

Pros

load management, billing loads to triumph super easy thank you

Cons

looking forward getting ifta easier, ny hut, pay management with all deductions, prorating

price

Response from InMotion Global

Amazing review!!! Thank you so SO much, Antonia!! The AscendTMS Team.

Gerard

May 2022

There's no reason for anyone to look any further for a GREAT TMS, Here it is.

User friendly, Inexpensive, customer service is on point and there always looking to make things easier and better for everyone in this industry.

Pros

I have zero of computer experience and I was able to run it smoothly with confidence in about 4 days tops. I'm still finding great things I had no idea that it existed in this software. It works like a very well oiled machine. No glitches in any of the application. I spend literally 12 plus hours a day inside of this software.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet. and I have been using the software for over a month.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

The over all build was just better. Those other TMS providers are gonna have a really hard time even matching your software nevertheless your price point for all your giving us as a customer. I don't see any competition out there as we speak that could come even close to AscendTMS.

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Glitchy applications, Real simple build that's over priced. Charging customers to pull carrier information from the FMCSA which it's pulling out dated information. Charging for simple tracking and that's glitchy as well. I had both systems as a trial and AscendTMS started selling itself to my wife and I immediately.

Response from InMotion Global

AMAZING, Gerard. Thank you! You are THE BEST! The AscendTMS Team!

Replied May 2022

Vlad

Its a great tms for under 50 employees

Its a great experience.

Pros

Its easy to implement and work on. Have some nice features.

Cons

Slow and lags pretty often. Cannot have it open in 2 windows and it is not well streamlined for 1 screen operation.

Response from InMotion Global

That's EXACTLY our target market, Vlad! Thanks for your AMAZING AscendTMS review, from your friends at AscendTMS!!!

Elizabeth

Awesome!

My overall experience so far is nothing but greatness. I can organize my shippers/carriers all in one place!

Pros

I love that everything is detailed and organized, you can post your loads on Ascend and it automatically posts it on your other load boards and they give you a couple of free load boards so that helps a lot!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Ascend I AM LOVING IT!!

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Because of how detailed their system is and I am all about detail.

Response from InMotion Global

WOWZER - Thanks so much, Elizabeth. You ROCK!!! What an AMAZING REVIEW. Thanks!!! The AscendTMS Team

Arianna

March 2022

Best and most affordable TMS for starting brokers.

Pros

The accounting side is super simple to use. Upload your POD and click send. All reports are exportable and they partner with Quickbooks. We dont use it but it looks cool. Building the loads took some doing but once you get it down the software is fairly easy to use.

Cons

Not being able to open up more than one window. That will drive you nuts.

Response from InMotion Global

You ROCK, Arianna!!! Thanks for your AMAZING AscendTMS review. Your friends at AscendTMS!!!

Calandra

May 2022

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the best!

Creating my first load confirmation

Pros

Easy to follow along...love the wizard!!

Cons

None as of yet...new to the system. Looking forward to learning everything.

Ease of use

Response from InMotion Global

AMAZING AMAZING REVIEW!!! Thank you SO much, Calandra! The AscendTMS Team

Replied May 2022

Ebony

The Best

:D

Pros

I love how I am able forecast my revenue, how it helps me to be more organized and manage my day to day operations with ease. I could not do all this shit manually.

Cons

There are no cons this system is so user friendly

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

So much better and I can do everything from one place

Response from InMotion Global

AMAZING - thank you SO MUCH, Ebony. Your are the best!!! I'm so glad that we're making a real difference for you and your team!! Yours sincerely - The AscendTMS Team.

Erika

Great option for small business TMS

Our office was using Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc to manage an asset based trucking company and a brokerage. While functional, it was very time consuming to do things this way and required a lot more hands on everything each week. With Ascend, we have been able to streamline processes, manage our databases and engage with Quickbooks to free up time for most of our staff members. This has allowed us to spend more time on other things, such as sales, recruiting and overall growth of our companies.

Pros

I really like the features for the price of this product. It offers efficiencies in our processes on many levels, allows multiple users to access data, combines information in one place and much more. Other similar systems cost many times more than the Ascend program, making this a great option for smaller companies with smaller budgets.

Cons

Updating templates does not automatically update active loads or pre-existing loads which used those templates. This just means you have to manually update existing loads based on the template in addition to the template itself when making changes.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

The cost of Ascend for what we get is hands down a clear winner. We have a great technical team to back up the program and they are open to making changes/improvements based on our recommendations. There is no extra fee when new system upgrades roll out and we get to benefit from the constant improvements they are making. Additionally, it is easy to use and integrates with other departments to make everyone's lives more streamlined and efficient.

Response from InMotion Global

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Erika. You are simply the BEST. I will tell the entire team here how happy you are. The AscendTMS Team.

Katherine

Best choice!!

We started our brokerage in February 2019 -- and as we were growing, we needed a TMS system, excel spreadsheets were just not cutting it. We were able to really increase our capacity and use our time more wisely!

Pros

I love its customizability and their customer service! We were able to structure the load board how we wanted it. Also, they are really great about listening to their clients. I've had some suggestions that I provided them and they actually implemented them! It's great to see a company actually give you what you are looking for in a program. I know they have a lot in the works and I look forward to growing with them! Also -- with them being partnered with TriumphPay - it was been a lifesaver and timesaver for us. and the price is really great - as a start up -- it's a little tight with revenue and expenses. I really appreciate that as well.

Cons

I'm great! I really have nothing to complain about. Only thing that would be great to have is the bill payment communication to Quickbooks. But that is super minor.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I liked their loadboard look and feel, partnership with Triumphpay, Fourkites, and the load boards, and other companies. I love that they were explaining their future updates such as the customer portal. And the price was huge because there are 3 of us. And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] -- our go to guy --- we just clicked really well. I really appreciated his customer service!

Response from InMotion Global

Katherine - what an amazing review. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will let our entire team know about your kind words. The AscendTMS Team

Replied January 2020

Matt

Excellent TMS

The billing process has really improved thanks to the seamless integration with QBO.

Pros

It's incredibly user-friendly and customizable. I've used several (far more expensive) TMSs in the past decade, and AcendTMS is the best by far. The ease of use, integrations, and great customer service have made me a huge fan.

Cons

My only critique is that there is no open API yet, but I'm told that's in the works. I'm glad they're taking their time with it.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Better pricing and flexibility.

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Revenova was not at all user-friendly, incredibly expensive, and they were not open to feedback at all. They locked me into a contract and I had to wait to get out to switch.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Hi Matt - thanks for the great review. You are amazing! The AscendTMS Team.

Replied August 2019

My experience with Ascend TMS logistics software

It's a great system, I especially like how it integrates with Quick books. Your customer service department is great. I would especially like to thank representative

Pros

Able to navigate through it easily. It has all the functions I require. Customer service is great. I would certainly like to bring to your attention that I could not be more pleased and satisfied with your representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I was having a few issues with my load posting with Nextload, and she immediately got in contact with representative@ Nextload, and between the two of them it was corrected in no time. She was keeping me updated as repairs were being done , to see if she could help me in any way until the issue was resolved . That really meant a lot to me , and to my business. Her customer service skills are beyond excellent !! She makes you feel very comfortable as she walks you through any issues you might be facing as a new or existing customer. She is very kind, and extremely patient !! She is without doubt a fantastic representative for your company. Her attention to detail and her professionalism shines through constantly, you don't find that very often these days ! It's obvious that not only does she know what she is doing, she does it with a wonderful attitude and disposition. She is very professional and informative, not to mention sweet and kind !! Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

I feel that it should come with at least one of the two big load boards like DAT or Truckstop . The list of manufacturers to approach for business is way outdated . 60% if businesses are no longer in business.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I felt the price was adequate for it's many functions. Easy to use . Customer service it wonderful !!

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

John - thanks for the most AMAZING review. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! The AscendTMS Team

Replied July 2019

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

The Only TMS I will EVER Use!

After using several other EXPENSIVE TMS software, this is the only TMS software that I would recommend to anyone! Large or small!

Pros

Extremely powerful and expansive software has the most user friendly interface.

Cons

I have yet to find something that I don't like about this software!

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Again, because of my experience with AscendTMS, no one has ever even come close to the features and the value that they offer!

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Because AscendTMS is simply THE BEST.

Response from InMotion Global

Thank you SO much, Jennifer. You ROCK!!! I will tell the entire team here just how much you love AscendTMS!! You made our day!

Replied May 2021

Anthony

Excellent Program for all levels of freight brokerage

As a small business , this software gives me everything I need to process orders. It is easy to use and helps me keep track of my shipment statuses for my customers. I understand there is a section to add in my factoring email addresses into each order, but I am curious to know if I can just add an e-mail once and have it appear on all loads. i.e. my wife takes care of my accounting and instead of going in and adding her onto every account so she is copied, I would like to have her appear by entering her e-mail address once somewhere. If there was an alert or e-mail when a delivery date passes and a status is in transit, that would be helpful as well. There are a few little things here and there, but nothing major that I would change. I am a one man show, and would like to add a user, but me and my wife use the same login, and was wondering if a second user could be added at no cost. Otherwise at the moment this is great value. thanks for being my provider of choice. your team is exceptionally friendly. Bill Nofsinger is a great guy, energetic and a heck of a sales guy. You simplify brokerage software like no other, and I don't know why anyone else hasn't done this before. All the other programs I have used are not only more expensive, but much more complicated. Anytime you or your team is up here in Canada I'd love to take you out for a beer. All the best. Anthony Villa

Pros

Ease of Use, but a mobile version would help me to be in front of customers more often

Cons

I actually love everything about the software, but as you build there are a few features that I would add to give it an even better user experience, i.e. automatic e-mail notifications based on the status the user sets, mobile version, integrating contacts into all send load docs section

Response from AscendTMS

Anthony - what a great review. Thanks for all the detail. We love that you love it! The AscendTMS Team

Replied February 2017

Great Product, Great People!

Outstanding customer service, great product, great people!

Pros

This software is super easy to use for organizing my customers, carriers, and loads. Ascend is quick for onboarding new carriers; I just input their USDOT/MC# and Ascend autofills the majority of the carriers info. Building loads is also super quick and painless compared to other big name TMS providers.

Cons

I have no current complaints with this software.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Ease of use, better value for the price.

Response from InMotion Global

WOW Michael - thanks for your AMAZING review of AscendTMS. It's reviews like this that help us spread the love even more!! The AscendTMS Team

Replied January 2022

Kimberly

Ascend Review

Pros

Ascend TMS keeps growing with me as my company grows. They have partnered with some great companies to add even more features that make my company able to post loads to more load boards and process loads more quickly, and . We are able to work more efficiently and cost-effectively.

Cons

While it is easy to learn, there were parts of the software that I did not know much about - mainly the accounting. I learned how to do much of it on the fly. Watching the videos helped and the support from Ascend TMS has been great. I would like to see a "user's group" set up so people who use the software can share tips, how to's, etc.

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Tailwind was too difficult to start out with. I did not have much knowledge about using any TMS when I started out but Tailwind was just too confusing. Ascend was much easier to use as a beginner, and the support system they provide - videos, webinars, personal "coaches" were all very helpful.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Hi Kinberly - You ROCK. Thank you SO much. You are such an important client to us. The AscendTMS Team.

Replied August 2019

Tiffany

What we've been searching for

Easy setup, easy maneuvering through the features and tools. By far my best experience had been the customer service, their response time is quick and genuine in helping to resolve any issues

Pros

Ascend provides all the decision-making tools in one place to make finding loads and better rates more efficient. Integration with multiple Load boards, rate and fuel index displayed on dashboard.

Cons

Transfer of Loads and dispatches from previous TMS cannot be bulk uploaded without their development team doing it. Time consuming to enter each load individually, mistakenly started with wrong beginning Load number and development could not remove it. So Load numbers will not align with original records..... but it's a small matter

No subscription commitment required

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Reporting abilities too narrow and pre-defined. Easy to use but limited on functions and expansion.

Response from InMotion Global

What an AMAZING review, Tiffany. Thanks from the ENTIRE AscendTMS team!

Replied September 2021

Aracelys

Highly Recommend system

You have all the perks in one.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to use. You can dispatch the drivers from it, easy invoicing. I have been in the industry for 23 years and I used all softwares, I absolutely love it the best part is This one is very economical.

Cons

I haven’t seen anything that I don’t like.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I did all my research and I loved it

Response from AscendTMS

What an AMAZING review! Thank you so much. You ROCK. The AscendTMS Team.

Replied June 2019

Scott

AMAZING PRODUCT

I absolutely LOVE this system.

Pros

EASE OF USE!!! This has got to be the most cost effective and user friendly system that I have used to date! I have managed to utilize the tolls and the partners they offer, cut my costs and eliminate the need for multiple programs. Their customer support is beyond words, I will leave it at AMAZING.

Cons

Tracking, Only thing I wish we had a better tracking option.

Price, Features and Ease of use

Too many to list here.

Response from InMotion Global

Hi Scott - THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN AMAZING REVIEW!!! Thank you for your dedication to AscendTMS. You ROCK!!!

Replied July 2020

Greg

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Powerful and Efficient TMS Platform.

We were searching for an new TMS platform to move our operations to from the legacy platform in use. After searching over 10+ platforms we decided on AscendTMS. Our decision was based on Features , Platform Scalability, Ease of Use, Training and Cost. Compared to platforms costing hundreds of dollars a month for single users with setup fees of $2000-$4000, Ascend could not be beat. Getting a REAL WORKING Platform to try for FREE for 30 Days / not just a "sandbox demo" was the closer. Moving from a much more complicated TMS platform, we were up and doing orders within 20 minutes. While much younger than many other platforms out there, new features are being rolled out on regular basis. It does lack a few things I would prefer from the load management side but from what I have been told by their customer service team many are in development for early 2017. For small / midsize carriers / 3pl Logistic firms this platform really cannot be beat. It an excellent balance of features and cost effectiveness. We have no complaints or regrets in committing to this Ascend at this time. Once the new features roll on I have no issue changing my 4 stars to 5 stars for Features and Functionality.

Pros

Ease of Use, Fast Setup, VERY Cost Effective, Easy to customize workspaces for our own preferrences.

Cons

Lacks some features currently that can speed up or improve the steps needed for load management. Integration with tracking such as Macropoint. No automatic status notification updates for customers ie: Trucks on site, Loaded. Delivery, POD name. Dispatch team must use a few extra steps to do these.

Response from AscendTMS

Greg - thanks for the amazing and detailed review. We truly appreciate it. The AscendTMS Team

Replied February 2017

Jarek

AscendTMS

I and my employee are working in the different location in the US and Europe using Ascend TMS

Pros

All in one TMS cloud based platform - Load Board fully customized - Customer's Data - Carrier's Data - Drivers Data - Equipment Data - Carrier Tracking Software included - DAT and others Loading Boards integrated - Finance Section AP and AR with auto creating invoices - system emails - EDI integrated - Email and Live Support

Cons

No app for mobile use, but no problem to use browser to connect with server to work mobile remotely.

Response from InMotion Global

THANK YOU!!!! You are the best, Jarek!!! I'm so glad that we're making a real difference for you and your entire team! there! The AscendTMS Team.

AscendTMS Logistics Software