All AscendTMS Logistics Software Reviews

Casey

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

CEO

As an owner of a 3PL I have to use software that keeps track of all my top line revenue, gross margin, and commissions for my sales team. Ascend does a great job of all of that. The board itself where I keep track of the companies shipments is very easy and simple to view. It has to be when you're moving a high volume of loads and need to stay organized. Overall great product.

Pros

1. In the cloud. 2. UI is great. 3. Easy to add users, delete users. 4. Great reporting.

Cons

Nothing. They continue to improve their software every month adding new integrations and add ons.

Response from AscendTMS

Wow wow wow! Thank you for that amazing review! The AscendTMS team!

Replied April 2019

Erika

Great option for small business TMS

Our office was using Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc to manage an asset based trucking company and a brokerage. While functional, it was very time consuming to do things this way and required a lot more hands on everything each week. With Ascend, we have been able to streamline processes, manage our databases and engage with Quickbooks to free up time for most of our staff members. This has allowed us to spend more time on other things, such as sales, recruiting and overall growth of our companies.

Pros

I really like the features for the price of this product. It offers efficiencies in our processes on many levels, allows multiple users to access data, combines information in one place and much more. Other similar systems cost many times more than the Ascend program, making this a great option for smaller companies with smaller budgets.

Cons

Updating templates does not automatically update active loads or pre-existing loads which used those templates. This just means you have to manually update existing loads based on the template in addition to the template itself when making changes.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

The cost of Ascend for what we get is hands down a clear winner. We have a great technical team to back up the program and they are open to making changes/improvements based on our recommendations. There is no extra fee when new system upgrades roll out and we get to benefit from the constant improvements they are making. Additionally, it is easy to use and integrates with other departments to make everyone's lives more streamlined and efficient.

Response from InMotion Global

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Erika. You are simply the BEST. I will tell the entire team here how happy you are. The AscendTMS Team.

Replied October 2020

Jaccqlyn

September 2022

It does not Ascend.

Pros

I like only one thing about this software. It kept a log of all users actions. This feature held each person accountable for any mistakes made.

Cons

Everything. This software is hard to navigate. From entering in a load manually and then to invoice it is all a hassle.

Response from InMotion Global

SCAMMER USER ALERT: Hey Jaccqlyn Ratzlaff - WHY DID YOU WRITE THIS REVIEW TO MISLEAD PEOPLE, MISSY? Let's look at the FACTS before people believe your LIES. You should be ASHAMED of yourself. 1. You NEVER used your free BASIC AscendTMS account & NEVER moved a single load with it. 2. Your boss told you to use it but you were resistant from the start and didn't want to as you preferred paper (clearly, you never did use AscendTMS because it appears you have no business at all!) 3. You only ever had a free BASIC account - and didn't even use that. You never even used our PREMIUM software - EVER!!!! 4. You took absolutely NO training classes - (even though they were offered, free). Bottom Line: We have billion dollar companies using (and loving) AscendTMS. We are THE. most widely used TMS. Unfortunately, Jaccqlyn, if you have NO customers, NO loads, NO staff, NO tech ability, and NO intent to use it, then AscendTMS is DEFINITELY not a fit for you. The AscendTMS Team

Replied September 2022

Nicholas

October 2022

Truly remarkable TMS system

From start to finish AscendTMS took care of every need for my business from software to customer service!!!

Pros

Being cloud based and integrating all of my documents was extremely helpful for bookkeeping and made a world of difference to the cleanliness of a paper free workplace.

Cons

For my use, Everything was super easy to use and made my job much easier and mainstream!!!

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

After reading about the software and talking to a salesperson I was sold on the features and the kindness of everybody working there.

Response from InMotion Global

You are AMAZING Nicholas. Thanks for the WONDERFUL AscendTMS review. The AscendTMS Team!!!

Replied October 2022

Katherine

Best choice!!

We started our brokerage in February 2019 -- and as we were growing, we needed a TMS system, excel spreadsheets were just not cutting it. We were able to really increase our capacity and use our time more wisely!

Pros

I love its customizability and their customer service! We were able to structure the load board how we wanted it. Also, they are really great about listening to their clients. I've had some suggestions that I provided them and they actually implemented them! It's great to see a company actually give you what you are looking for in a program. I know they have a lot in the works and I look forward to growing with them! Also -- with them being partnered with TriumphPay - it was been a lifesaver and timesaver for us. and the price is really great - as a start up -- it's a little tight with revenue and expenses. I really appreciate that as well.

Cons

I'm great! I really have nothing to complain about. Only thing that would be great to have is the bill payment communication to Quickbooks. But that is super minor.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I liked their loadboard look and feel, partnership with Triumphpay, Fourkites, and the load boards, and other companies. I love that they were explaining their future updates such as the customer portal. And the price was huge because there are 3 of us. And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] -- our go to guy --- we just clicked really well. I really appreciated his customer service!

Response from InMotion Global

Katherine - what an amazing review. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will let our entire team know about your kind words. The AscendTMS Team

Replied January 2020

Matt

Excellent TMS

The billing process has really improved thanks to the seamless integration with QBO.

Pros

It's incredibly user-friendly and customizable. I've used several (far more expensive) TMSs in the past decade, and AcendTMS is the best by far. The ease of use, integrations, and great customer service have made me a huge fan.

Cons

My only critique is that there is no open API yet, but I'm told that's in the works. I'm glad they're taking their time with it.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Better pricing and flexibility.

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Revenova was not at all user-friendly, incredibly expensive, and they were not open to feedback at all. They locked me into a contract and I had to wait to get out to switch.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Hi Matt - thanks for the great review. You are amazing! The AscendTMS Team.

Replied August 2019

June 2022

I Love The Software!!

Overall my experience has been a great one with this software.

Pros

I love almost everything about this product! It is a very robust and feature filled software that makes it easy to manage your fleet, orders, customers, shippers and pretty much every thing in your day to day!

Cons

One thing that I don't like is that the IFTA reporting isn't as robust as I would like it to be.

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

It was a decent piece of software but it was very expensive and the customer service was horrific.

Response from InMotion Global

David - WHAT AN AMAZING REVIEW. You are THE BEST. Thank you. The AscendTMS Team.

Replied June 2022

Tamika

New To AscendTMS as Broker

So far so good with its uses and fluidity.

Pros

Ease of use, integrations with other loadboards and factoring, user friendly for the non technical ones.

Cons

Nothing so far. It does everything the company needs and is affordable for start up company.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Much better system, up to date look, more integrations at your fingertips, and free system utilization as promo for partnering with Axle factoring.

Response from InMotion Global

THANK YOU, Tamika! What an AWESOME review. You rock!!! The AscendTMS Team.

Tommy

June 2022

AscendTMS Review

Pros

The product is extremely easy to use and intuitive. I have called support a few times and they were kind enough to set aside time for specialized training so I could cater Ascend to my business

Cons

There are a few small bugs, but there are easy work arounds. The integration for [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is pretty far delayed from when originally promised

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

In order to add more users and have a more professional TMS

Response from InMotion Global

This is THES BEST...AMAZING. Thanks so much, Tommy.

Replied June 2022

Brent

April 2022

New To Ascend, So Far so Good, Customer Service top Notch!

New to Ascend but so far working well for us.

Pros

Quick Books linking reducing duplicate entry

Cons

Ability to Run reports on Carriers non existent, search function very easy to use

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Ease of use and some familiarity with product by Operations Personnel

Response from InMotion Global

WOW WOW WOW, Brent - thanks SO much, my friend. This is AMAZING. The AscendTMS Team

Anthony

Excellent Program for all levels of freight brokerage

As a small business , this software gives me everything I need to process orders. It is easy to use and helps me keep track of my shipment statuses for my customers. I understand there is a section to add in my factoring email addresses into each order, but I am curious to know if I can just add an e-mail once and have it appear on all loads. i.e. my wife takes care of my accounting and instead of going in and adding her onto every account so she is copied, I would like to have her appear by entering her e-mail address once somewhere. If there was an alert or e-mail when a delivery date passes and a status is in transit, that would be helpful as well. There are a few little things here and there, but nothing major that I would change. I am a one man show, and would like to add a user, but me and my wife use the same login, and was wondering if a second user could be added at no cost. Otherwise at the moment this is great value. thanks for being my provider of choice. your team is exceptionally friendly. Bill Nofsinger is a great guy, energetic and a heck of a sales guy. You simplify brokerage software like no other, and I don't know why anyone else hasn't done this before. All the other programs I have used are not only more expensive, but much more complicated. Anytime you or your team is up here in Canada I'd love to take you out for a beer. All the best. Anthony Villa

Pros

Ease of Use, but a mobile version would help me to be in front of customers more often

Cons

I actually love everything about the software, but as you build there are a few features that I would add to give it an even better user experience, i.e. automatic e-mail notifications based on the status the user sets, mobile version, integrating contacts into all send load docs section

Response from AscendTMS

Anthony - what a great review. Thanks for all the detail. We love that you love it! The AscendTMS Team

Replied February 2017

Aracelys

Highly Recommend system

You have all the perks in one.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to use. You can dispatch the drivers from it, easy invoicing. I have been in the industry for 23 years and I used all softwares, I absolutely love it the best part is This one is very economical.

Cons

I haven’t seen anything that I don’t like.

Reasons for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I did all my research and I loved it

Response from AscendTMS

What an AMAZING review! Thank you so much. You ROCK. The AscendTMS Team.

Replied June 2019

Jarek

AscendTMS

I and my employee are working in the different location in the US and Europe using Ascend TMS

Pros

All in one TMS cloud based platform - Load Board fully customized - Customer's Data - Carrier's Data - Drivers Data - Equipment Data - Carrier Tracking Software included - DAT and others Loading Boards integrated - Finance Section AP and AR with auto creating invoices - system emails - EDI integrated - Email and Live Support

Cons

No app for mobile use, but no problem to use browser to connect with server to work mobile remotely.

Response from InMotion Global

THANK YOU!!!! You are the best, Jarek!!! I'm so glad that we're making a real difference for you and your entire team! there! The AscendTMS Team.

Replied October 2020

Antonia

So far great

so far really positive experience

Pros

load management, billing loads to triumph super easy thank you

Cons

looking forward getting ifta easier, ny hut, pay management with all deductions, prorating

price

Response from InMotion Global

Amazing review!!! Thank you so SO much, Antonia!! The AscendTMS Team.

Maxim