• Pros

• "The leads that are a good match are indeed, a very good match. I like the color-coding for how relevant a lead is. "

• "It is great to be able to view bids all in one central place/portal. It makes it easier for us as a company. "

• "Gives us the ability to see all of the government opportunities that we want at a very affordable price. Also gives us access to documents directly. Searches are intuitive and easy to set up."

• Cons

• "It's quite expensive as some of the solicitations can be sourced for free on most government procurement websites."

• "The filters do not always "weed out" the bids that we are not interested in. We are currently set up for State of Florida, but I continue to get bids from all over the country."

• "Having to do a lot more groundwork on quite a few bids because they were on another system that had to be logged in too or a subscription purchased"

Browse Periscope S2G Reviews

Best Friend to alert you for bids

BidSync helps me find right bids in right time and thus I am able to submit my quotes efficiently.

Pros

I treat bidSync as my closed friend. It alerts me for available bids in market that otherwise would not have been disclosed to me. I personally think that one subscription of BidSync compensates a team of ten business development guys.

Cons

The software does not help for all parts of the World. For example, I need similar assistance from Canada, Australia and UK markets and BidSync can not help me for these locations.

Denise from Spectra Property Management

BidSync has helped me expand my business.

I've had a great experience for several years now. My dedicated account representative listens to what I need and provides me the best solutions to save me the most time. Also, their customer service is very helpful in assisting with my account needs.

Pros

Prior to using BidSync, I would spend over four hours a day searching for government bid opportunities. Now, within a matter of minutes, I gain the exact level of awareness I need into relevant opportunities. I'm saving time and money using the BidSync centralized online portal and a daily email notification.

Cons

There was an initial set up process to narrow down the correct keywords to filter in the results I wanted. Once customer service help me with my settings, BidSync's artificial intelligence system does all the rest of the work in capturing relevant results for me.

Reasons for Switching to Periscope S2G

Sometimes I missed bids with BidNet. I later discovered BidNet doesn't monitor as many government agencies as BidSync. So I made the switch to BidSync. I'm extremely happy with my results now.

Kevin from Aeroquest Mapcon

Good RFP Procurement software

Pros

easy setup and easy definition of search terms and interest areas

Cons

I think it's a bit pricey and wish dislike that I can't find my invoice online - you have to ask.

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

We like to have lot's of software looking as 90% of our business involves responding to government RFPs.

Elisa from Altura Solutions

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Irrelevant Bids

I did a ton of research before deciding to go with BidSync. I'm sad to say it feels like we were duped. The salesperson told me with the free version we only get 3% of bids, and with the paid national plan we'd get 100%. Sounded good at the time. Now I realize they meant 100% of the bids on BidSync, not 100% of the bids total that are out there. I understand now that it's not possible to say you can pull 100% of the bids out there (if anyone says that it's a lie), but we were led to believe otherwise. And unfortunately there is no refund even though we haven't gotten even one bid since using their service.

Pros

The idea of getting an email with a bunch of bids is great, but almost all of the bids that come to my inbox are irrelevant to my company. I can see how they would be good for construction companies, but we are a consulting firm, consulting architects and engineers on designing projects to comply with ADA.

Cons

Most bids are not at all what we're looking for. I called customer service so they could make sure I have the right keywords and words to avoid, and I still get irrelevant bids to my inbox and when I search online. What's worse, I get relevant bids from other competitor websites to my inbox that when I click on them naturally want me to sign up with them and when I search for those bids on BidSync to get those docs, they don't have those bids. I called customer service and apparently they don't monitor those sites. Those were three bids we missed out on because BidSync didn't notify us about them!

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

Misled by sales person, thought BidSync covered more bids

Response from Periscope Holdings

Replied November 2020

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns. We see that you are not satisfied with the number of bids relevant to your business. While we monitor 100,000+ bid websites per month, we do not control agency demand for specific services/goods, it can be cyclical. We cannot guarantee a specific industry/specialization will have a constant high demand as these needs are determined by agencies. We apologize for any confusion about what our service provides. S2G Premium (formerly BidSync) is a bid notification service. We notify you of relevant bids in near real-time. We can only provide full bid info and response capability for those bids from agencies that use our Sourcing solution. If a specific agency prefers to use a different service for their RFP submissions, we still notify you of the bid, but you may need to register in their system to see full bid info and to respond. Our support team is always available to help you modify keywords and settings to get more relevant bids.

Dan from NPC, Inc.

Industry: Printing

Really like what we've seen so far.

Really like the tool. We're still experimenting with it and testing keyword searches but so far, the system works very well for what we need.

Pros

Cons

Not sure I understand how opportunities are rated. I don't like when an opportunity refers to BidNet. That doesn't really help in evaluation because you need a separate subscription.

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

Usability. Affordability. The search quality doesn't leave me second guessing.

Reasons for Switching to Periscope S2G

Product was expensive and did not carry over the historical information from Onvia. Their subscription model was very limiting and expensive. I believe BidSync works just as well for an affordable price.

Sarah from Jones & Henry Engineers

Industry: Civil Engineering

Solid Software for Bid Notices

Pros

I like that I can receive customize daily emails, which make this product easier to use.

Cons

For a long time I received notifications for things outside of my service area and it took a couple of calls and tweaks to get this set up correctly

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

Good coverage of states I needed, filtering a plus

Douglas from Carver Electric

BidSync has been a great solution for me!

Pros

We have seen tremendous growth and success because of BidSync. At first, I wasn’t sure if I should make the investment because, at the time, we were a small company and money was tight. We have been using BidSync for over eight years now and I have never regretted the decision. We went from a $200,000 company to a multi-million-dollar company and I can absolutely point much of our success to the fact that we are subscribed to BidSync. I receive daily notifications of what is out there and it enables us to cherry-pick what we want and go after it. When we started, we were just an electrical contracting company, but because of our success and growth we now have both a contracting side and an engineering side and many new employees. As high as 80% of our work has come through BidSync. That is work that we never would have found otherwise!

Cons

No complaints. BidSync has made much progress over the past few years.

Reasons for Switching to Periscope S2G

BidSync offered overall best value.

FRANCOIS from Edokia

Lots of Opportunities

I loved the ability to filter opportunities by keywords

Pros

The ability to find all kinds of federal, state and military opportunities all on one platform.

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

Because I purchased BidSync prior to BidNet.

Jacqueline from SecureNet Protection Services

Industry: Security and Investigations

Paying To Make A Proposal

We only use BidSync for companies that demand their proposals are submitted through BidSync. I understand that companies want proposals in a certain format and we try to conform. I always feel uncomfortable when I am using it and I think it irritates me to have to pay for this software when we have a great platform of our own. The only problem it solves for us is that it allows us to make business proposals to companies who demand this format.

Pros

So far, I am not seeing anything much that I like, but I am a beginner to this software.

Cons

For beginners, this software is not very intuitive. I use a lot of proposal software and this should not be hard for me, but it is.

Bidding

Pros

seems that i spend to much time putting in my personal info over and over

Cons

All the repetitive inputting of same information

Dr. Joseph from Strategy Marketing

TOTAL SCAM! This company PRESSURE-SELLS SUBSCRIPTIONS, but provides a very poor and problematic site

Horrible customer-support. Aggressive (and dishonest) sales strategies. Very poor (and often dysfunctional) website.

Pros

THIS IS A SCAM SITE! Do not subscribe.... they will call and email and hound you for purchasing worthless subscriptions (that are a conflict of interest) to government bids. Their website is flawed and does not work properly and has inaccurate information. There is very little, if anything, to like about this FOR-PROFIT company that tries to convince counties and state and federal agencies to list their bids... and then tries to PRESSURE-SELL subscriptions to their site.

Cons

BIDSYNC (the site operated by PERISCOPE HOLDINGS) is a SCAM SITE that tries to get users to "sign up" for a "free subscription"... and then they PRESSURE SELL MEMBERSHIPS using unethical and dishonest sales techniques. Stay away from this site... and caution your government agencies and counties to stay away from them.

Response from Periscope Holdings

Replied July 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we apologize that your experience hasn't been in line with your expectations. We have a support team available at support@bidsync.com. They can help you unsubscribe from email promotions and use the site more effectively. We are disappointed to hear that our promotional materials didn't accurately promote our offerings. We are a for profit company, and do not make any claims otherwise. We sell to both government agencies and suppliers. We offer both free and paid subscriptions to our suppliers. With a free subscription, a supplier can view and respond to all the bids from any government agency that pays for our eProcurement tools. Our paid offering provides suppliers access to view bids from the 90K other agencies across US that do not use our eProcurement tools. Rather than going to 90K different websites to see opportunities a paying supplier sees all relevant bids in one place. We hope you continue to find value through your free BidSync Basic account.

Lauren from LexisNexis Coplogic Solutions Inc.

Great RFP Coverage and Alerts

My experience is positive. Periscope's services are as promised with no unexpected surprises. In particular, I appreciate the comprehensive RFP coverage and alerts delivered to my email based on keywords.

Pros

I appreciate the RFP alerts delivered to my inbox every day. It allows me to scan newly issued RFPs quickly and efficiently. I have been using the software for 4 years and find that the coverage is thorough.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software. I have used a number of programs and feel that Periscope delivers as promised.

Max from ACCO Engineered Systems, Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

Bid Sync review

I use Bid Sync as as tool for our sales department. My experience is mostly positive, except for that listed above.

Pros

Notifications to my email of new bids every day

Cons

Reviewing bids. In years past, the information in the bid list was easier to read. Now, it's hard to see what the bid is or who it is for. When you are scrolling down, and click on a bid, to go back is impossible. It takes you back to the 1st page. Too time consuming.

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

I was familiar with it, and the cost was competitive

I started a new job

Sue from Universal Cabling Systems, Inc.

A good experience

A good experience overall.

Pros

The site is user friends, and makes it easy to search for relevant bids.

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

Pricing, and ease of use. We were already familiar with the BidSync site.

Reasons for Switching to Periscope S2G

Several of our main customers use BidSync, and it makes it easier to search out projects that are relevant.

Chad from Alaskan Plumbing Heating & Air

Company that provides Value

BidSync provided me with insight into government opportunities that I would not have known about without their software. Our company does not have enough man power right now to take on the additional work or we would be staying on. I am very happy with their customer support, they are a company that share the same values of doing the right thing for their customers as we do.

Pros

They organize opportunities in a way that can help businesses to identify and bid on government projects throughout the nation.

Cons

I was not able to filter out bids that did not pertain to my field so it overwhelmed my email inbox.

Simplicity, Efficiency, Effectiveness

Scott from Nerds Xpress

BidSync

We have been able to bid on a few opportunities, so that`s good. I would like to see more viable, close-by leads so I can build a business case to support subscribing.

Pros

Cons

The trial does not offer leads (or very few) that are in your home territory. Even if there were better "teases" I`d have a better feel for the value in our market. It`s hard to position ROI hen 99% of the leads are thousands of miles away.

Greg from Access Systems, Inc.

Good Quality Bid Search Site

Overall this has been a very worthwhile service. We use this daily and have found numerous project through the site.

Pros

It has a lot of options for filtering the RFP results so we can find what we are looking for fairly quickly

Cons

It has a lot of options for filtering the RFP results so I am worried that we might be missing something.

Shira from ADG Strategy Group

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Professional services

It's been great. We have been able to submit bids we would otherwise not have submitted if it wasn't for seeing it on bid sync.

Pros

Cons

Although I have specific key terms selected, I am getting a ton of bids daily in my lists that have nothing to do with my various business goals or industries (e.g. lighting or construction). It only clutters what we are trying to monitor and hopefully we are not missing any worthwhile bid opportunities. It is quite a lot of bids that are far off of what we do.

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

Tom from Big Dog Construction Services, Inc.

A necessity if you want to bid local government & commercial work!

Bid Sync makes it easy to know what is out for bid in our geographic area. It provides us a full summary of the scope, location, bid documents and bid requirements.....in one place! No more searching municipal websites for RFPs and upcoming projects.

Pros

Once you set up your profile and start selecting the projects you are bidding, Bid Sync keeps you in the loop! It makes bid submissions easy and it's ALL digital.

Cons

Setting up search parameters to match our "ideal customer" profile isn't quite as easy as other systems, (but the more you use it, the better it gets at adding them to our list and excluding work that is simple too big for us or si simply not in our wheelhouse.

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

For municipal work, it seems to be the accepted standard.

Reasons for Switching to Periscope S2G

Spent too much time searching through projects that didn't fit our profile. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack in the current economy. Time is money in a small company.

Andrew from Eagleshield Pest Control

Great Tool!

The interface is easy to use and I can receive daily notifications of new bids that come in. Some are not relevant but I just skip over those and look at the ones that we can benefit from.

Pros

It has a wide variety of bids that you can view and then visit the original site to get more information. We made our quota within 6 months of using.

Pricing

Chris from Flores Construction

BidSync in brevity

Overall we are satisfied with BidSync and know we will continue to learn more about the platform until becoming proficient.

Pros

The ability to set up filters is quite nice. Filters (keywords) are used to tailor what you will receive in email and in "new bid" page on the BidSync website. Ability to save bids in a separate tab by a single click has been helpful with keeping track of all the projects.

Cons

I believe there is a cap on keywords. Does not have very short concise help notes available to help with specific navigational or filtering questions; such as a dialog box that will pop-up when right clicking on a specific function that will allow the user to click on and understand functionality/how to.....

Lenny from VectorUSA

2019 BidSync Review

Great product. I've used it at several different companies and help to set it up here because of my previous experience with it.

Pros

Raised my visibility to bids that I might not otherwise know about.

Cons

Getting oriented to the portal wasn't as easy as I thought it might be.

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

Great sales rep who continued to follow up with me while we were considering the offer.

Doug from GLD Group, Inc

Experience with Bid Sync

Initially signed up for Month to Month, Upgraded to Yearly Subscription after 4 months of use. Able to entice Customers with News of Projects in the Area. Very effective tool.

Pros

Daily Notifications, Ease of Access, reliable. nationwide exposure, Low cost of ROI

Cons

Very Satisfied, no complaints or concerns at this time

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

Clifford L. from Journey C&D Group Inc.

Bidsync is great for Bids

BidSync is good for what it offers. It is worth the trial.

Pros

Bidsync is a great software for bids especially for leads with municipalities. We use the software weekly.

Cons

There are no cons for us, we have been successful using the software. I would recommend the program for people to try.

Winston from Barricades Unlimited

Job Searches

It has helped and filled in the gaps left by other sites.

Pros

Pulls a lot of projects to look at and from a lot of different places.

Cons

Pulls a lot of projects that you have to upgrade to see.

Patrick from Walker Design & Construction

BidSync Review

Been awarded multiple project located through service

Pros

Electronic bid submission is a plus, single source for other construction bid sources

Cons

bid tabulation and availability, constantly have to delete cookies, not seeing all of the bids in my area that I would like but are available through bidsync when I look at local jurisdictions websites

More municipal use

Carl from Headlands Associates

Principle

Pros

Able to search for bids in the industry that we work in

Cons

Not the easiest to find the market we sell in

Jason from Metropolitan Public Strategies

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Excellent platform for government bids

Pros

The daily updates and real-time reminders on bids you are have reviewed or applied for is a great service.

Cons

Some of the bid submission processes are not clear - but this may be due to the government agencies vs the platform.

David from Atrium Roofing

Service

Horrible, waste of money, they don't have the documents needed for the projects, they keep sending you to another company instead of them having it readily available.

Pros

It is easy to move through the site, and locate what you need.

Cons

When you find job possibilities, they direct you to another site i.e. Construction Bid Source.

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

I didn't know about Construction Bid Source until you kept sending me there, you gave them free advertising.

Response from Periscope Holdings

Replied March 2020

Thank you for this opportunity to address your concerns. We have 1,000+ agencies that we contract with exclusively, their entire bidding process is managed directly within our suite. However, for the majority of agencies (100,000+), we are simply a bid aggregator, meaning we find bids as they are released, so you don't have to find them yourself and ensuring you don't miss an opportunity. By clicking the link, we show you all of the bid details for that opportunity, but beyond that we will redirect you to the agency website and/or affiliated bid platform that has a contract with that agency, so you can register (required by ALL agencies). From there, the entire process is managed directly between you and the agency. This is standard policy and procedure and must be followed based on contractual obligations that the agencies have with bid platforms. I see you have been a BidSync Pro customer for nearly 3 weeks, so please do not hesitate to reach out to support as you learn the system.

Elie from Sigma Solve, Inc.

BidSync Review- Sigma

so far a very good experience, helped us to cover the maximum number of bids in different states

Pros

it gave me Full visibility on many Bids around the country, covering all states.

Cons

easy to use, and to jump from bid to another. also the flexibility to choose the area of expertise, and creating a filter which allows you to receive the appropriate bids relative to your profile

Michael from IRIS USA, Inc.

Industry: Plastics

Review of Platform

It's been helpful in finding opportunities on other portals.

Pros

It made it easy to find bid opportunities for our products.

Cons

It only acted as a link for these opportunities, so we still need to go through the registration and bidding process in other platforms. (Not really a flaw, but we only found one opportunity that we could actually bid through Periscope on)

Jacob from Alliance Manufacturing Group

AMG BidSync Review

We have not found any bids that match our product offering that were not on the GSA. Our experience will be based on our ability to find opportunities to bid on.

Pros

The software works well from a user interface.

Cons

I am not sure that we are effectively finding opportunities appropriately tailored to our products and the key words we have put into the system.

Phil from Doctor Dredge LLC

Absolutely Wothless

We quit using this garbage service almost immediately when we realize that it was impossible to use successfully. They had almost no public sector which they promised they had. And then after six months of not using the service at all we noticed that we were auto renew billed again for an entire year. When we called and asked customer service , They said that they would not refund any of our money for an entire year of unused service because when we signed up we automatically signed up for an auto renewal. How can a company ripped off customers to disagree and still be in business. I would give a zero star rating to these Scumbags if I could.

Pros

Nothing. Extremely complicated and hard to use.

Cons

Counter intuitive. Almost impossible to wade they all the junk to find anything. Had almost zero for our market. Claimed to have public sector. Total lie.

Amanda from RCH Studios

Industry: Architecture & Planning

BidSync: Mostly User Friendly

Pros

Sends a lot of bids that get us interested or aware in upcoming projects that may be relevant later on.

Cons

Was difficult to figure out getting my changes to keywords and locations to save. Sends a lot of irrelevant bids.

Evelyn from Travelvax LLC

First time using a bid option software

Will not use in the future.

Pros

I liked being able to set up search engines

Cons

I did not like that I could not read or see bids that I had not bought a state subscription to. There should be a way for us to see the basics of the bids out there and it could be a way to upsell another state. However the way you guys do this it is a waste of our time and you are not getting further sales due to this.

Reasons for Choosing Periscope S2G

I thought ease of use, however I was wrong, it was difficult and bound me from other options which may have been available

Rodrigo from Extreme Clean and Handyman

Improve

Is a great asset, a little pricey if you pay monthly,

Pros

Easy to use and friendly. Very goods bids from government.

Cons

You have to click a lot to find something.

Elisha from Texas plumbing solutions

Bad product, no refunds

Pros

There are a lot of bids on here. Although there are a couple of other services that capture some niche markets, these people get most of them.

Cons

There’s absolutely no way to filter out what kind of work you want. They do not allow you to use NAICS codes, commodity codes. The only thing they allow are keywords which are useless. Also their customer support is terrible because they would not give me a refund because I was unsatisfied with the product

Linda from Hatteras, Inc.

Industry: Printing

Print & Mail RFPs

Pros

BidSync is helpful in assisting to identify qualified prospects that meet our specific business offerings.

Cons

There's always another link to something else, can get a bit confusing.