monday.com Software Reviews

monday.com Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"What I liked most about Monday is that it is super user friendly. Synchs to user emails to ensure messages/updates are received."
  • icon"It has a beautiful UI which is user-friendly. I love the timeline view and the integration center is amazing and user friendly."
  • icon"I love the concept and it's a great way to organize a team and get everyone on the same page and constantly aware of progress."
  • icon"The only downside I have encountered was probably use error, wherein I set up 2 logins by accident."
  • icon"My team hates it, they find it confusing; I disagree. They do not like the layout and find it confusing to navigate through."
  • icon"When you're starting a business you have so many monthly software charges to pay for."

All monday.com Reviews

Monday.com User Review

Lauren

September 2022

Good Tracking System

At first it was a great tool to play around with to figure out the best way to track our event and who was working on what portion. The quick look at the colors to see the progress was great. There was a place to put notes and mention people in posts to let them know there are tasks waiting for them. However, the customization was not the best. If you added one column to a section, it added it in for all sections. I did not have the time to take a deep dive but maybe if we got a higher package we would have more functions to organize. It was encouraging/discouraging to see the progress of the event and held people to be accountable for their portion. However, having to update this daily as we got closer to our event got too laborious to do. In concept, it's a good tool, but was not the right fit for my company and I.

Pros

That I was able to see what my co-workers were working on and their progress with the task. They used easy-to-view color-coded options.

Cons

You are able to clearly see the progress of your co-workers, however, it is hard to make updates or edits to the task. There is an area to make notes, however, it is not in the front for people to see right away. You need to click in to the whole task. Also, when you make a column for one section it creates it for all. Some columns are not necessary for each section and can be confusing when updating.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

It was easier for us to update a spreadsheet that had all our data in already. We were able to customize columns easier with excel.

Mike

July 2022

Monday.com is one of the better ways to keep track of your work tasks!

I really like how Monday.com makes it easy to see what everyone is working on and what tasks are upcoming. It's also been really helpful for me to be able to track my own progress on tasks. Overall, I'm really happy with Monday.com!

Pros

I've found that Monday.com is an excellent tool for keeping track of both my own work and the work of my team. It's easy to use and provides a great deal of visibility into what everyone is working on. This has been extremely helpful in coordinating our efforts and ensuring that everyone is on track. I would highly recommend Monday.com to anyone looking for a project management solution.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about Monday.com was that it wasn't always easy to figure out how to do specific tasks. For example, there were a few times when I wasn't sure how to add a comment or edit a task. However, the support team was always quick to help and they made it easy to learn how to use the software.

Reasons for choosing monday.com

There are a few reasons why I chose Monday.com over Asana, Trello, or Jira. First, Monday.com is extremely easy to use. The interface is clean and straightforward, and it's easy to figure out how to do everything. Second, Monday.com provides a great deal of visibility into what everyone is working on. This has been extremely helpful in coordinating our efforts and ensuring that everyone is on track. Finally, the support team is excellent. They are quick to respond to questions and they make it easy to learn how to use the software.

November 2022

Good for planning but has a learning curve

It is a great product, but I feel like it is not a great fit for me and my business, or I found it difficult to learn and set it up how I want it to serve me and my business.

Pros

I like that you can customize and plan your workflows and your project boards. You can set up different boards for each project and set a workflow according to time and the different tasks that are necessary for each project.You can see all your project deadlines and tasks in a calendar so you can also see where you need to focus on. I use Monday.com only for myself, but teams can be added and tasks can be assigned, but they can be tracked and you can be notified when a task status changes. I think this is very helpful for teams.

Cons

Personally, I find it difficult to use. Although it has many great features, especially when just starting, I found it difficult to know how to add tasks, or how to create a proper workflow. If you just use the boards for standalone projects, it is easy to use though.

Response from monday.com

Hey! Thanks so much for leaving a review and sharing your experience! We are sorry to hear setup and implementation were a bit difficult. We would love to help you flesh out some great workflows so you can use your account to its full potential! Please send us an email at support@monday.com and we will help get you set up for success!

Replied November 2022

Jackie

August 2022

It's useful, but there is something about the design and UX that needs to be seriously improved

Not a huge fan. It gets the job done, but I'm looking into different products with better UX especially on mobile.

Pros

It's great that you are really able to put as many different statuses and organize things however you please.

Cons

The UX and design is just not intuitive and easy to work with, especially if you are taking your tasks with you on your mobile. I find it very clunky and it gets stuck quite often. Honestly takes motivation away from performing the actual tasks.

Reasons for choosing monday.com

Was recommended to me by someone.

Response from monday.com

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review!

Replied September 2022

Roldan

September 2022

Projet Managment is a breeze!

Overall, excellent! I mean, I have used several PMS like Trello, Slack, Jira, Wrike and the likes - Monday.com is the fireworks and the linchpin in the industry. If you have critical projects to manage (which I'm talking about project managers) this one is indespinsable.

Pros

Workflow Configuration. Here, you can configure your workflow to your hearts content - supported by hundreds of there available widgets. Automation. A killer feature of Monday.com I haven't used or found with some other PMS. It does a good job of nudging everyone of everyday tasks. Customizability. Fairly user friendly. Customized modules, visuals, workflows etc. You name it. Customer Support. Best customer support with high product knowledge.

Cons

Price. This can be expensive for solo users. But, then again they have free provisions for single users with threshold in it obviously. Technical. This can be technically taxing at first. Can be complicated for first time user, which is understandable for a Project Management Software with wider and deeper span. Glitches. Some of the function tends to glitch sometimes. Such with you colorize text to emphasize it. Tends to go against the user.

Reasons for choosing monday.com

Monday.com got it all. This has been developed with end-user in mind. We've tried Jira - which is also the reason why we find Monday.com because Jira works almost opposite of Monday.com. Monday.com is a breeze to use.

Jeremy

October 2022

Great platform! 13/10 would recommend!

We utilize this on a daily basis and it serves its purpose perfectly. Our team leaders and project managers rely upon monday.com software to ensure we complete work for our clients in a timely and organized manner.

Pros

This software was very easy to set up for the team and manage on a daily level. It serves its purpose for us and we rarely ever have issues at all levels.

Cons

Some of the automation requires other paid integrations, it would be cool to one day have that automation built in for a higher cost of the service.

Reasons for choosing monday.com

We didn't need something like Salesforce for our daily project management.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Very old software needed an upgrade

José Miguel

August 2022

A fresh air for project management tools

A happy comeback for me. With an affordable pricing list, you can get the best essential features to run your business or organization, work in teams or go for a solo adventure. Monday makes easy the creation of flows, at least for me; this was a great addition and works great with the most used tools out there.

Pros

I always believe one of the usual problems you can find in project management suites is their cloned user interface. They think we all need to stay classic to understand how to use one of these tools. Monday breaks that door and launches with a fresh and new type of user interface and experience. You can find the same classic tools, but all with a new look and a new way to create flows in the same app without using external apps (for important actions).

Cons

I have to say I'm a comebacker to this tool. When Monday launched, I was there testing what they could offer, and I was very pleased with the UI and the easy way of using the tool's features. My problem was their pricing table for starters. So, after many months, I returned and checked (after being bombarded by advertising on a social network) if something was different from the beginning. It was a pleasant surprise they were still developing and changed some of the pricing tables.

Reasons for choosing monday.com

Similar price but a better UI.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

I was looking for a more integrated solution. In general, that type of solution has a high learning curve; in the case of Monday, you can learn how to do things just by exploring, and if you have experience with tools like Zapier of Ifttt, creating some flows and increasing the tool functionality is easy.

Ergonomique, abordable et personnalisable

Une expérience plutôt positive dans l'ensemble, mais il faut tout de même une personne un peu plus experte notamment pour les intégrations supplémentaires vers son site web, l'utilisation de la fonctionnalité service clientèle ou la mise en place des automatisations.

Pros

Les templates disponibles dans la bibliothèque de monday.com permet aux personnes novices en gestion de projet de pouvoir prendre en main le logiciel assez rapidement. Ils sont personnalisables et ils permettent de commencer à planifier et gérer ses campagnes de manières simples. Ce qui m'aura marqué, c'est la simplicité et l'interface plutôt jolie et ergonomique.

Cons

monday.com offre une période d'essai de 30 jours pour découvrir les fonctionnalités du logiciel. Passé ce délai, il faut tout de même prévoir un budget surtout si c'est une solution que vous prévoyez d'utiliser et de déployer dans tous les services de votre entreprise. Je déplore qu'il n'existe pas de pricing fait pour les startup

Reasons for choosing monday.com

Plus ergonomique avec une prise en main plus simple. Les personnes de mon équipe étant junior, ils ont tout de suite préféré cette option.

Eric

Industry: Writing and Editing

Monday.com Review

Overall, it has not been bad as it gets the job done for me and my team

Pros

I love its UI as it is very easy to navigate even if you are a beginner with integration, it has helped my team to efficient and accountable and most importantly delivering within the deadline.

Cons

I would have loved to be able to link task boards just like other tools and also improve the quality of PDF output.

Because of its simplicity

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Because I wanted to try something less complex because of my team members

Jesse

August 2022

A popular project management app that does not tick the right boxes for our team

My overall experience with Monday was not optimal. The board was setup by a user familiar with Monday, minimal coaching was provided and team members were left to sort out how to use the app by themselves. HOWEVER, with a properly designed, intuitively laid out interface that would of been a breeze. Instead, we were met with some items working very intuitively - click a status and other options popup for selection.. while others were less so - if you're not used to their date picker, clicking out of it, to close it, might result in clicking the delete button for that date, which only shows when you hover over it, like right after clicking outside of the date picker. There is a Kanban board style view, but you cannot change the status, or lanes, that the cards are in.. a huge issue when trying to run a Kanban board.

Pros

Overall the interface is well designed; nice colors, fonts, spacing, etc. The tooltips on icon menu items is useful as is the ability to collapse the sidebar navigation.

Cons

You have to upgrade your plan to even use the Timeline view feature, which is a basic feature for competitive apps. Our teams prefer to use the Kanban/Agile style of workflow, moving defined tasks of work through stages of production.

Reasons for choosing monday.com

I didn't, we ended up using Monday only because a large client is married to it. Our preferred project management tool is still Trello.

Marcus

July 2022

Really Nice Task Management Software, But Doesn't Stand out from Competition for the Price

It's a very nice software that requires a premium investment for margin gains over competitors.

Pros

The dashboard was simple and intuitive. I was able to setup a couple simple projects with very little effort and no training. The design of the program is pleasing, but it runs into some shortcomings when you want more detailed planning.

Cons

I did not find it to be very detailed when setting up a multi-team project with a few moderately complex phases. I was looking for ways to categorize multiple subtasks and assign and track these with multiple team members. It seems like I could do similar work with programs like Asana or ToDoist pro for alot less investment.

Reasons for choosing monday.com

I gave the free trial a shot and ended up going back to Asana for more complex projects and ToDoist for simpler tasks.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

I wanted to give Monday a try after seeing some early marketing.

November 2022

Monday.com is a great tool for team management and project tracking

Very, very good. Has greatly improved our team and helped with managing these teams

Pros

Has many features that prove to be very useful for teams working with complicated projects.

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate at times. Not the best UX for first time users

Reasons for choosing monday.com

Much more useful features and integrations available

Molly

Industry: Philanthropy

Great Tool Overall For Project Management

Overall it's been a really great tool for our team. A few of us started using it and it was so helpful most of the rest of our team has now joined.

Pros

I really appreciate how easy it is to collaborate across my team. I can easily assign tasks and elements of projects to others. My other favorite feature is the my work screen, it easily allows me to aggregate all of my tasks into one view and I use it to manage tasks for my boss as well.

Cons

Strangely enough the trickiest part about this is how many features it has, there's almost too many options/customizations and it's hard to know how to maximize the features for my workflows. I almost feel like I need to take a class to get the most out of it.

Reasons for choosing monday.com

We already use microsoft products but felt that the Monday.com features were better suited for our teams needs.

Sara

Industry: Chemicals

Reviewing monday.com

Entertaining and simple method of schedule management. Having support from upper management is essential, but the adaptability of the system allows for unique monitoring approaches.

Pros

It's possible that this software can do a great deal.While I did give airtable, trello, and to-do-is a go, I ultimately decided that Monday.com was the best option for me to keep track of my projects. I appreciate that you can customise Monday to look and function as you choose. When it comes to lists, I like the subdivision that Monday provided. There are many examples available to serve as a starting point for your own work, prompting you to consider details you would have otherwise overlooked.

Cons

So that the completion of individual tasks has a greater impact on the overall progress, I'd want to assign relative importance to them. Consideration of the varying "difficulties" of jobs might be beneficial. In light of my evaluation, this is important information.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Possibility of modifying preexisting designs and/or selecting from a variety of premade options.

Akpovi

best software

my experience with Monday.com is more or less great it is adapted to my activity

Pros

what I like about Monday.com it is a very easy to use software with very good functionality

Cons

what I hate about the software is that it's not assessible in all countries

Reasons for switching to monday.com

I'm making the change Because it's my photo processing software

Justin