• Pros

• "very good customer service. very easy interface. "

• "Easy to use and set up. Enables us to ship packages quickly"

• "It's easy to use and gives me everything I need to streamline my shipping."

• Cons

• "So far so good but it sometimes lets me ship a prodluct without filing the order."

• "Since the introduction of the cloud the actual desktop shipper seems dated. But that is not a big deal."

• "-Could be a little bit faster retrieving rates "

Browse DesktopShipper Reviews

Amiel from Mike's Cigars

Dektop Shipper mailing software

Pros

We use this software to ship all of our orders daily. It is pretty easy to use and integrates seamlessly with other shipping software such as UPS Worldship.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software as it does everything we need in order to be able to fulfill our orders.

Brian from Gnarlywood

Great Cloud Based Shipping Software

We are able to get more orders out the door because of the ease to batch print like shipments. We are currently shipping 5,000-10,000 orders daily through desktop shipper.

Pros

Pros: Ability to batch print 500+ orders relatively with ease, rate shop feature is excellent, the support team is great and very helpful with customizing certain features

Cons

The shipment search functions are a bit wonky and wish it was easier to use.

Reasons for Choosing DesktopShipper

Their support team was always readily available to help out and customize our setup.

Kory from Marketing & Advertising

Desktop Shipper is great once you learn the system

Pros

-Easy implementation with other products and vendors -Ease of use - Functionality

Cons

- too many quirks, i.e. there can't be commas in certain columns or there has to be data in certain places even if redundant. Error message will pop up but won't inform user of what the error is. -software needs to be more flexible

Matt from Marketplace Valet

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Long time user

Great customer service. Always fixed any issues wit tech support

Pros

flexibility, easy to use. Just switched the cloud version and this improved productivity

Cons

sometimes getting custom programming is a little slow

Reasons for Switching to DesktopShipper

Needed a platform that made rate shopping easy

chantal from A Taste of Coffee LLC

Finally a great software with great customer service

I was introduced to Desktopshipper as a recommendation from ActiveSeller and it has been the best suggestion. I look forward to growing my company and orders with them.

Pros

I love that DesktopShipper is only a phone call away and always feel like I am the priority

Cons

There are some things are not as easy to find as first, but once you know it is easy. and Desktopshipper is always there to help me remember.

Reasons for Choosing DesktopShipper

It seemed like a good choice at the time.

Reasons for Switching to DesktopShipper

Shipstation slowly kept increasing cost and taking away services like talking to a real person.

Laura from Ivory Ella

Good Program

Over all the experience is good.

Pros

The support for Desktop Shipper is great for simple fixes. The bigger issues take a while to get responses on. The functionality is good and large batches are a plus.

Cons

Some functionality changed without us being informed and it affected our system negatively.

DHL expedited max was able to work with Desktop Shipper

Adam from Handcuff Warehouse

Industry: Law Enforcement

Desktop Shipper Cloud Shipping Software

Very good. We have used their software for a long time. It used to be a desktop application with a lot of local files, but their latest version is on the cloud. The cloud makes management very easy as we can access our records from any computer, instead of having to access the computer used to ship orders.

Pros

We use this software to generate shipping labels for our orders. With this software, all we have to do is scan a barcode on our packing slip, then all this customer information is pulled up. Then this software will allow us to easily compare rates from various carriers, select a rate and generate the shipping label in just a few clicks. The software will then log and save the tracking number, as well as update our OMS via API. This leads to almost no errors when it comes to shipping orders and saving tracking information. When we need support, it is always just a few clicks away. Support is generally able to solve issues very quickly. I will say, we don't really need support too often. After the setup & training period this software is very easy to use, and the best thing about it is that it just works.

Cons

We love this product. I do not have any dislikes currently. Some of our shippers do not like that orders are only loaded into DSK every 15 minutes, but that is really a minor issue.

Reasons for Choosing DesktopShipper

We went with DesktopShipper because they had an existing relationship/integration with our OMS. We were not disappointed that we only had one choice, as it is great software.

Margaret from Crescent Marketing Inc

Best Shipping Management Software for Any Business

DesktopShipper is an incredible all around shipping solution! It works with almost every cart imaginable and can integrate with your order management system. If your business ships anything - you need Desktopshipper! We've been pursued by many order management and shipping software during the last 15+ years. We've switched/upgraded to different ecommerce carts and order management system during this time, but never had to move away from DesktopShipper. DesktopShipper is not just a service provider but a great partner! Their prices are beyond fair, and their value of service is top class! Whatever business rules you need, DesktopShipper can help set it up, and save you printing time. We are confident that we'll be partners with DesktopShipper for many more years to come! Thank you DesktopShipper!

Pros

- Versatile and scalable! Fast reliable label printing! - Intelligent business rules for shipping and workflow that you can think of! - Incredible price for the value of consistent and reliable service ! - World Class customer service support and attention. - Feature rich: Supports multiple carts, shipping carriers, inventory systems, order management systems, and marketplace channels that you can think of!

Cons

We've been using this software for over 10 years and have no complaints!

Reasons for Switching to DesktopShipper

Business rules and batch printing was not supported.

jen from Zenvesco

Streamline shipping

Desktop Shipper support is quick to get back to us when we're having problems. They even extended their hours so when we need help in the morning, they're available to us.

Pros

I like Desktop Shipper that I can't narrow it down to just one thing that I like. With Desktop Shipper, we have the ability to ship all our orders, whether placed on our own website or on a marketplace. Desktop Shipper saves us time by automatically updating our orders with tracking numbers after they ship and by shipping FBA orders without going through Amazon to buy shipping. Desktop Shipper saves us money by comparing shipping prices of the different carriers we use to ship our products.

Cons

I wish Desktop Shipper could allow us to ship FBA orders for both our companies without upgrading to the Cloud.

dave from wetsuit wearhouse

Industry: Sporting Goods

Game Changer for Our Company

DesktopShipper has enabled us to save money by knowing exactly how much a shipment will cost, and by immediately being able to see what is the cheapest shipping method based on the shipping rules we have implemented in the software. It makes shipping a very easy process for new employees. DesktopShipper has a team of wonderful staff that are willing to help us overcome any obstacles we face with shipping. Highly recommended.

Pros

-Ability to rate shop all carriers -Easy integration into our order fulfillment software (StoneEdge) -Great customer support -Their team is willing to customize features for our needs -Ability to connect multiple databases for 3PL needs

Cons

-Could be a little bit faster retrieving rates

Cody from Ellusionist.com

All-In-One Shipping Program

Everything just works with Desktop Shipper as long as you ship with standard ship services like USPS. If it's a more uncommon ship service like Donnelly, I'm very quick to call customer support to help fix it which they are always super helpful and energetic to help.

Pros

Being able to include every shipping account you ship with whether it be USPS, Donnelly, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc Once you learn how the program works, it's all pretty self explanatory, pick a service code, enter dims and it automatically reads the weight off the scale plugged into the computer (and it only reads the weight when you tell it too, unlike UPS Worldship)

Cons

Changing prices on international shipments. Would be easier if it was like UPS Worldship where all the lines were editable from the get go instead of having to edit, save, repeat until all line items are changed

Reasons for Switching to DesktopShipper

Our new ship service Donnelly was already integrated somewhat with Desktop Shipper so there wasn't as much setup as it would of been with OrderExpress. And OrderExpress is VERY much more basic and lacking then Desktop Shipper.

Daven from St. Vincent de Paul of Lane County

Great software for increasing production

Increased productivity and tracking is definitely worth the cost.

Pros

The best feature of this software is the ability to ship items with one button click. After customizing the software to work with our database, we are now able to ship bulk BPM mailings easily. We have increased our productivity drastically.

Cons

The initial set up and implementation took some time and configuring the software on each new workstation does involve some time. The monthly cost per workstation is a bit high, but well worth it for the increase in production.

Reasons for Switching to DesktopShipper

We wanted a product compatible with bulk BPM mailings.

dave from bomb books

Phenomenal

Pros

The software works as you would expect. It rate shops and gets you the best rates for shipping. Also integrates with inventory management software to confirm orders. Everythign about that is great. What separates Desktop shipper is their support. They answer every call quickly. Everyone on the staff is knowledgeable and they will customize the software to fit your needs. It must be a great place to work because there is no turn over on the staff.

Cons

There is nothing I would change about the software. It works as I need it to

Jordan from Tribeca Merchandisers

World class company

All in one solution for all of our shipping needs and rules. We ship with multiple carriers and this takes all the hard work out of shipping. We scan an order and DesktopShipper chooses the cheapest option according to our rules.

Pros

The software has always been easy to integrate with any customization needed over the past 10+ years. Our business needs are constantly changing and DesktopShipper has always worked with us and helped us anyway that we asked.

Cons

I can not think of any negatives of the software . Updates are always automatic

Steve from CPGIO

Functional, Efficient - Great Company!

I have been very happy with DesktopShipper. The customer service has been top notch - they always solve our problems very quickly. This software is reliable, functional, efficient and works great for our business.

Pros

I like the rate shop feature. The ability to compare rates for all of our shipping carriers (and choose the cheapest option) has been a real game changer for our business.

Cons

I do not have any cons to add at this time.

Jose from VERDEFULFILLMENT USA

Great All Around

Overall, by far one of the best software packages out there! The Customer Support is ALWAYS the BEST! Any issues that we have ever had in the past, Desktop Shipper Support, has always been able to take care of. Truly know what they are doing!!

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use. Extremely easy to get around and download updates, add shipping methods. etc..

Cons

It is really hard to say, most of the issues come from other issues that cause DS to not do what it should to. The other is once in a while when a NEW update comes out, it sometimes has to be reconfigured. Not everything, just a couple of minor things.

JARRETT from ACADEMIC BOOK SOLUTIONS

Seamless Product

Pros

Makes shipping easy and seamless by finding the most cost effective solution.

Reasons for Choosing DesktopShipper

Responsiveness, availability and knowledge of company and its staff. We are confident in their abilities and that they are always looking out for our best interests.

Bill from Auuvo LLC

Desktop Shipper just works!

Pros

The software is very intuitive, nearly bulletproof, and on the rare occasion that there is an issue, their customer service is easy to get ahold of and knowledgeable.

Cons

Nothing I don't like, has been perfect for us.

Reasons for Choosing DesktopShipper

Easily integrated with my system. Has been perfect for us.

Jody from Beachcombers Bazaar

Huge Time Saver

I've been using Desktop shipper for about 5 years now. It is easy to use and consistent. It does exactly what it says it does without interruption. It's easy to train new people to use the software, as well.

Pros

It's easy to use and gives me everything I need to streamline my shipping.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. It's a great product.

David from Goodwill of the Great Plains

Simple to use, support is quickly available if needed

We have been using Desktop Shipper for over 6 years, and it has been reliable and consistent in ease of use.

Pros

I like the ease of use and integration into our marketplaces. It's great to have immediate support if it is needed.

Cons

Customs forms can be a challenge if marketplaces don't have the correct info.

Ron from Smith&Noble

Exactly what we were looking for!

Shout out to Customer service! The representative made implementation easy. Her patients with me and my questions is commendable. Her follow up kept me on track.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the software's ability to choose shipper and service upon scanning and weighing the order. Especially useful choosing DHL Global Mail Expedited vs. DHL Global Mail Expedited Plus shipping.

Cons

I've not found anything I dislike or like least about this software.

Desktop Shippers functionality.

David from Discland Corp

Great solution when selling on multiple channels. Excellent support

We have been using Desktop for years with no issues.

Pros

Simple UI that integrates easily with our 3P inventory software. When I call they answer the phone, either help right away or call back shortly.

Cons

Its pretty straight forward software and it works great, so no cons

Julie from Golden Moon Inc.

Customer support is top notch!

Pros

Aside from the fact that the software is just what we need, the customer support is amazing and we could not be happier!

Cons

nothing that comes to mind really, only good things!

Reasons for Switching to DesktopShipper

This was simpler and faster and more automatic.

katrina from Kabar Tack and Feed

Best International Shipping

It handles all my needs and it is so far the best with giving correct rates for international shipping.

Pros

Very easy to use and integrates with Stone Edge Software

Laure from R C Hunting Store

My experience with this software has been positive.

Its not expensive.

Pros

It's free! Easy to use. I am a new user of this software. It is easy to navigate and the processes are easy to understand. When I have a question, the guys at Desktop Shipper are very helpful and patient with me.

Mike from Lighting N Beyond LLC

A1 Customer service

Very happy to use desktop shipper, hoping that they will quickly integrate with Amazon Shipping.

Pros

very good customer service. very easy interface.

Cons

Takes long to get implemented with new features.

API capabilities

Radovan from Rod's Warehouse Inc

Good value product, outstanding support!

Very satisfied.

Pros

Integrates with Monsoon, Endicia, DHL, etc.

Cons

Little things like it won't recognize United Kingdom as a country, so you have to manually overwrite it as Great Britain.

Jerry from Technology Recyclers

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Best Shipping Software we have ever used

Desktop Shipper tech support is always quick to help.

Pros

The software selects our shipping method automatically based on our preselected rules. Shipping personnel don’t have to worry about selecting the right method. Save us money every day

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this product

Compatibility with DHL eCommerce

Martin from TNHS

Best support and great company

Highly recommended.

Pros

They listen to their customers and customize solutions, it's not out of the box software.

Cons

Not much not to like. Will need to think of something.

John from Mike's Cigars

Industry: Tobacco

great software

Pros

We use the desktop version which is perfect for us. We are able to compare shipping rates easily.

Cons

I do not have any cons for this software.

Desktop Shipper

Fantastic. Customer service has always been great.

Pros

We enjoy that DSX is fast at pulling our orders and communicating with our inventory manager.

Cons

There seem to be a lot of little glitches. We call and mention to the staff and they are VERY helpful about getting them resolved quickly.

Good shipping software

Pros

Easy to use and set up. Enables us to ship packages quickly

Cons

Customization takes a little bit of time

Steven from Karol Media

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Desktop Shipper

Pros

the software is very flexible and allows us to satisfy our customers needs with great customer service.

Cons

The inability to bill clients at different rates. Although i think this is something that Desktop Shipper is working to make happen.

Reasons for Switching to DesktopShipper

Outdated and poor customer support.

Alex from Deciem

Industry: Cosmetics

My use

Pros

The control panel or dash board that we call has all the functions in one screen.

Cons

The import and of batch should be done automatically.

Clay from Parks

Easy

Pros

We use it cause it's easy. No issues. Not sure how to improve it.

Cons

Nothing . Everything works as it should.

DesktopShipper is worth considering for your shipping needs

We're moving towards using their API directly to ship in order to be able to ramp up our shipping stations quickly.

Pros

The newer versions have removed many of our pain points while trying to implement a simple shipping interface for our shippers. They've also been quite helpful in helping us integrate directly through their services outside of the application.

Cons

There as a bit of a learning curve and earlier versions of the software were challenging to install. Latest versions have been great.

Sarah from Imperial Books and Collectibles

Great customer support

Shipping gets done faster, and if there's an issue, I'm confident that the help desk will solve it.

Pros

Very automated, several issues are solved automatically.

Cons

Sometimes odd items cause problems, but the customer service is very helpful.

Loralee from The Book Cellar

Great shipping software

Pros

Integrates well with our system and other software. Great customer service team. Easy to rate shop for the best shipping prices for each package.

Cons

There isn't much not to like about the software.

Elexciss from DECIEM

Industry: Cosmetics

Great Features & Customer Support

Pros

In terms of what we use it for, we find it relatively easy and customer support is always fast efficient and friendly.

Cons

It can be a little confusing. My specific role is to verify addresses and things change in there a little too quickly.

Barbara from Integ

Industry: Printing

Great Service

Great customer service

Pros

Customer Support was great about doing everything he could to assist us with our implementation.

Cons

Everything was good. There is not anything that I can say that I liked least.