All BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy) Reviews

Bailey

Medical Devices, 11 - 50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed November 2020

Divvy - business credit cards as they should be

Zachary

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

The best software our company purchased in 2018!

Overall, Divvy has enabled my company to gain WAY better insight into where dollars are going. We now know where we are over-budgeting and under-budgeting each month. Divvy makes tracking business expenses fun — I never thought I'd say that!

PROS

I first learned about Divvy via the daily business newsletter, Morning Brew. I was in disbelief that the product was totally free, so I scheduled a demo call. As it turns out, Divvy really is TOTALLY free. The app is incredibly user friendly and switching/updating budgets is surprisingly easy. But while the app interface is nice, the push notifications are wonderfully helpful, and Divvy travel has us saying bye-bye to Expedia, the REAL value our agency has found in using Divvy is the virtual card feature. As the Director of Marketing Strategy at a small Marketing Technology Agency, I manage a team of people who run a plethora of digital ads campaigns for numerous clients in any given month. Divvy's virtual card feature allows us to manage media buys on behalf of our clients without needing to open 100+ credit cards (or require the client to use their card). So, we're able to manage our clients' monthly spend and charge them a small admin fee (for putting the spend on our cards) without incurring ANY credit card fees.

CONS

Honestly, there are really only two things I dislike about Divvy: 1. That there isn't a Divvy for PERSONAL spending (I've been Googling looking for something like this for the past few weeks now...nothing seems to exist!) 2. The saving a receipt feature/adding notes feature is a little spotty at times. I find that I often need to go back into a purchase and re-upload the photo of the receipt/re-type my note. Hopefully this is a bug that gets worked out with the next app update.

Hi Zachary, Thanks for the feedback! I've sent your feedback regarding the photo receipt uploads to the director of product, and he's looking into a way to improve that process and ideally ensure that it never happens again. Just wanted to thank you personally for joining the Divvy family of happy customers, and for taking the time to leave a great review! -Mark

Replied December 2018

Anna

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Great program, simplifies expense tracking!

even though its a newer company, we love Divvy. Their customer service and support teams always do their best to make it a comfortable process for all users.

PROS

simplifies expense tracking, reimbursements, receipt collecting, approval process

CONS

its newer so working out bugs still. I don't really think this is a big con, but its what I could think of

Reason for choosing BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

simplicity. Concur was way too robust for what we needed

Reasons for switching to BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

at the time, expensify didn't have a corporate card. They do now, but we've learned how much easier and cleaner DIvvy is

Erin

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Buyer Beware!!!

So fare it has been so bad, that we are considering going back to paper reimbursement forms and paying our employees on the payables side. At least they would receive their money sooner!

PROS

I liked the idea of using the app and making expense re-imbursements easier for the employees.

CONS

Unfortunately, the execution has been a nightmare! People cannot log in, the managers cannot see the details of what the expense is for. Employees have to wait over 2 weeks to get their money. There are not enough approval levels for our company policies. And don't even get me started on the customer service! Half the time they cannot even understand English. Even if they understand what you are saying, they have no idea how to fix it!

Reason for choosing BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

We were already buying bill.com for AP. The payables side has been great. My only complaint about that is that there is no customer service number. You have to wait for them to call you back at their convenience like I have time to sit around waiting for a phone call. They usually call when I am in another meeting so it takes hours to get simple questions answered.

Thank you for providing feedback, Erin. We appreciate knowing that you were wanting an app that makes re-imbursements easier for employees. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations with them not being able to login, waiting to be paid, lack of approval levels and the concerns you had with reaching customer service. You can contact us at 1(435)731-5078 between Monday-Friday 7am MST-5pm MST for assistance at any time.

Replied February 2024

Karly

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Budget Tracking and Purchasing

PROS

I love using this app so I can purchase what I need and record everything. I also love that I can see how much money is left in each budget so I always know how much money there is left. If I forgot to upload a receipt, I immediately get a notification from Divvi to remember to upload the receipt. It is also very easy to request more money in a budget if needed!

CONS

You must check while budget you have selected BEFORE going and purchasing something.

Thank you, Karly, for your five star review of our app! We are thrilled that you love this app for recording everything you purchase and are able to see how much is left. Also that the reminders to upload receipts are helpful and that it is easy to request more money when needed. We appreciate your feedback on having to select which budget you are on before making a purchase. We will pass this on to our product team. Please continue to provide any feedback that you might have.

Replied February 2024

Kristine

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Expense and Reimbursement Management for next to nothing

Overall, implementing Divvy has ben a huge win for my organization. It's streamlined our expense reporting process, keeps all expense records within a single system and costs us nothing. We've used other paid platforms in the past, and Divvy's solution is far superior.

PROS

We rolled out Divvy in June of 2022. Every employee has a Divvy account for reimbursements; about 20% of our employees also have corporate credit cards. This is what works:- Easy to set up custom fields to correspond to our accounting system for expense coding and tracking- Budgets set up by functional team so managers are approving their direct reports transactions- Easy to adjust teams/budgets on the fly- App always works and employees can code charges and upload receipts seconds after a charge is made- Easy to administer; add employees, cancel cards or charges, delete employees, adjust budgets, add accounts. The system is simple to navigate and intuitive.

CONS

Some drawbacks to Divvy - - No notification alerting you that a budget is getting close to its monthly spend limit- Employees need lots of education on how budgets work; they need to request funds BEFORE spending- Reimbursement tab needs to be more obvious. Managers don't check and can have employee requests languishing there for weeks- Reimbursements don't hit employee accounts for days after the funds have already been withdrawn from the company account

Reasons for switching to BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

Expensify was expensive, not user friendly and had frequent issues with syncing correctly. Charges would take days or weeks to appear. Employee receipts would disappear. There was no way to easily track or make out of pocket reimbursements.

Caleb

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Divvy - Always Great Service with an Excellent App

Divvy has allowed our organization to set more controls and give more responsibility to managers through use of individual budgets. Divvy also has transactions show up in the users transaction log instantaneously, making it easier for individuals to do all of their admin work right away.

PROS

My favorite feature is the ability to control credit lines for individuals at any given time. If an employee who rarely uses the corporate card suddenly has a need, we can adjust accordingly.

CONS

For the time being, Divvy doesn't integrate with our ERP, Netsuite. As such, I have to import into our ERP with CSVs which isn't ideal. Divvy is currently BETA testing an integration with Netsuite so we are patiently awaiting the full release of that.

Reasons for switching to BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

Expensify wasn't as user friendly when it came to how quickly transactions were entered into the transaction log resulting in loss of documentation for credit card users. The controls that are present in Divvy's system were also missing from our previous credit card provider.

Aaron

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Great Credit Card and Expense Tracking Software

I have loved Divvy! I highly recommend it. We are much more streamlined and misplace way few receipts.

PROS

I love that we now have credit cards instead of a bunch of debit cards. I like the app a lot. My employees and I get a notification immediately on our phone to upload receipts, categorize the expense, and write any notes. I also love that I have control over how much money each of my employees have access to. I can easily take away and add more.

CONS

I have had a few cons. 1) I am supposed to get a reminder email every Monday morning with a "to-do" list. I have gotten it about 50% of the time due to bugs in the system. The same goes for my employees. 2) I would love to not be able to approve my own transactions. 3) On the transactions page, place where you add filters seems not as well organized as I would like. I would love to be able to personally edit the order of the filters. I am constantly scrolling to the bottom.

Reasons for switching to BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

We got a new bookkeeping company. Zoho helped us improve a ton. Divvy helped us improve a lot more now that our credit cards and expense reporting are all under the same roof.

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Divvy is the best expense software by far!

Overall with Divvy, we’ve been able to increase visibility in spending, empower our employees to make purchases and allow our budget managers control over what is being spent from their budget. It has been a win-win-win for us. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

PROS

I love that Divvy is not only free, but that it also allows you to manage expenses companywide we have about seven spenders in our small business and using Divvy allows us to assign budgets issue funds to particular employees and allow them to make purchases as needed. it also streamline to the bookkeeping process because all of the transactions are already categorized and require receipt upload it is absolutely fantastic.

CONS

It’s hard to think of anything I don’t like about the software because I love it so much the only negative I can think of is that setting it up to integrate well with your books can’t take a bit of time however, their team walks you through the entire process from beginning to end, which makes the process a lot easier.

Reason for choosing BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

Divvy was completely free and offered all the features that we needed to get started. The other alternatives either offered clunky integrations or some sort of upfront financial requirements. In order to get started. divvy was super easy to get approved and set up

Reasons for switching to BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

We wanted to each of our employees to have their own cards and give our budget managers more visibility over what is being spent

Miguel

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED!!!

Their customer services is by far the best we have ever experienced. We use the live chat all the time and help get issues resolved right away. Also, they are constantly innovating, making processes more efficient and effective and take customer feedback seriously. Lots of the requests or comments I've had with them have turned into solutions within weeks. Everyone in our office loves Divvy and haven't had a single thing to complain about.

PROS

For years we had wanted to get corporate cards for staff but did not want to take the risk of not having credit and approval controls like we do now with Divvy. The ease of use, simplicity, and thoughtfulness that comes with Divvy is why we love it. Oh and it's free!

CONS

I have not had a single issue with them.

Reason for choosing BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

The best and easiest customer experience with the app. It's clean, innovative, has been thought out well, and super easy to use. Also, their customer service has been 100% great, and it's free.

Reasons for switching to BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

Credit control, manager controls, ease of use, mobile access, and cloud storage of transactions.

Stephen

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Seriously the Best App our Business Found, for Anything

PROS

If you're a small business with big monthly expenses, and petty cash headaches, Divvy is a no-brainer. Each of our field techs have a card we can control from the office, or divvy out funds as needed. As a small family business, this cut down on half our office work (and my mother no longer goes through receipts in the office; she can just retire) Divvy integrates with Quickbooks well, but here's the thing... we didn't even integrate it. Its simpler for us to keep it totally independent from other accounting software, because working in Divvy's web app is a joy. The UI is simple and great. All of our company payables and receipts management stays on Divvy, and our bank account shows one payment per week for Payables. That's it. The purchase info can't be messed up with bad OCR, because the info comes from the Bank account.

CONS

Nothing. So far it's perfect for us. We haven't been able to mess anything up yet.

Reason for choosing BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

-Instant reconciliation with purchases, and in-app labels if transaction details are incomplete. -Transparency of petty-cash funds. -Field tech credit cards with admin controls from app and web app -instant expense report creations. -No risk of Bad OCR creating repeat work (totals and info are pulled from the vender)

Dinesh

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Value for Money and Easy to Use

PROS

Easy to use, user friendly, save a ton of time and easy to mange the spends. Easily sync the transaction with accounting software, and speeds up reconciliation process. You can set limits, chose vendors. Can have access to receipts on the Go. Also rewards points is cherry on the top.

CONS

Reimbursement process requires a lot of Improvement , especially for syncing the transaction with QBs

User Interface is easy, Reporting is easy, Expense management was easy

Jeffrey

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

OK product, questionable tactics used for acquisition

They promised the world to get us to switch over to their service. We have problems and their standard response is that they are always improving service. Failed to deliver on a promise their sales rep made on the phone .

PROS

We can match spending to budget lines and adjust them on the fly

CONS

the software is very buggy. at least several times per week, the approval process for spending gets hung up using the mobile phones. We very frequently (more than once per week, have charges declined when paying our vendors. The ACH and Bill Pay process work very, badly.

Reasons for switching to BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

Promises made by the sales rep to develop a line of credit in six months, if we kept a balance with DIVVY

Miriam

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Seems too good to be true — but it's true

Expense management is not a stressor in my life because of Divvy, and for that I am eternally grateful.

PROS

Divvy is as simple as it gets with expense management. Everyone on the platform, from myself as the one who implemented it for our team to the newest employee just onboarding, has had such an easy time navigating it and understanding their role on the platform. It is intuitive, quick, and seamless. The customer service team is second to none and any time we've had a request or question we get help right away from the best team out there.

CONS

Business reporting could be made a little more nuanced for teams to be able to play with more views etc. in the dashboard, but this isn't a big enough con to move away from Divvy to anything else and they take innovation seriously. I won't be surprised to see more functionality here launch in the near future if enough customers are asking for it.

Darren

Airlines/Aviation, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Very quick and easy to implement with great customer service

Overall I very impressed with Divvy and the constant innovation of making using and administing the card easy.

PROS

Very easy to integrate into our business and very user friendly software.

CONS

Out of pocket reimbursement. Be easier once approved Divvy sent check to individuals and charge the Divvy account vs ACH funds to Divvy.

Cost and listening to customer needs

Cost and listening to customer needs

Jonathan

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

Divvy is an excellent overall package!

It's great to have a business line of credit available; really helped with my cashflow and having a card to give to others over which I have such a large amount of control is fantastic.

PROS

I really like being able to upload receipts via the phone and being able to forward on email receipts because it helps me not forget!

CONS

Some of the internal menus and the incentive interface are sluggish and unhelpful. Having a year lag on rewards is also poor. Finally, I would appreciate more accountability on how credit decisions are reached. Particularly after ledgers and statement of accounts have been given.

Reason for choosing BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy)

Divvy was more welcoming and user friendly.

Jacob

Retail, 51-200 employees

What we needed in a Corporate Credit Card

Overall we have had a great experience with Divvy. We were waisting so much time with fraud issues with other cards. Also has helped us with our employee card reconciliation. We can have required fields that our employees need to fill out like notes.

PROS

Virtual Cards are easy to generate, Control of employee cards and funds is really nice, Reporting is good, support has been really good

CONS

It is a little difficult for employees to catch on to how everything is supposed to work. It changes fairly quickly (good because it gets better, but con because you have to change your processes or relearn the software)

Cost and simplicity