All Easyship Reviews

Reviewed January 2024

It's Just That Easy.

Kaia

Reviewed July 2018

Great value for money; friendly, flexible, and a good API

PROS

We came to Easyship after having a negative experience with another 3PL. The Easyship experience has been a breath of fresh air in comparison. The company is constantly working to improve their product. When we've had problems or feature requests, the team has been highly responsive. The Shopify integration is incredibly easy even for a non-technical user to set up. Our team also makes great use of their API for easily pulling custom reports, doing data import, canonicalizing data, etc. Easyship's shipping rates are very competitive and their support has been top-notch.

CONS

There are a few areas where the feature set isn't quite as broad as we would like. For example, I wish there were more configurability around insurance.

Mitchell

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Easy to use and an integral part of our business

We've used the platform for several years and have had minimal problems. Processing orders only takes a matter of seconds. It streamlines our business and allows us to sell globaly.

PROS

Love how easy this platform is. Integration is easily set up and seamless

CONS

It doesn;t happen often, but lost packages with couriers is frustrating. It's not the fault of Easyship, but our relationship is with them and not directly with the courier, so it is the responsibility of easyship to resilve our issues.

William

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Thoughts on your service

Average given the service is now costing us money with overage charges and no recourse with shippers like canpar.

PROS

Ease of use and labels printed quickly-choice of carriers and it does generally make shipping packages easy

CONS

Add on charges after shipments have left by carriers so it leaves no room for shipper to adjust charges to customer as we get the upcharges 3 weeks after shipment has left to the client. Charges are up to 30% or more of initial shipment cost...even though we use scales and accurately take measurements and keep pictures of shipments . We lose money at this rate so no the system does not work if the prices quoted are not correct on your site for a retailer.

Reviewed April 2019

An Excellent Starting Option for Any Online Store

PROS

It's used by a wide variety of postage negotiators/handlers, so this one account will link rather easily with multiple shipping applications (if you use multiple ones, obviously). They give you access to rates based on your volume, so the more you sell, the more discounted rates you receive. It does this automatically as well, so you don't have to manually do anything to receive the commercial rates. Combining bulk import orders and printing combined shipping invoices for the correct weight of the combined items is very helpful as well.

CONS

Adding funds to your balance is a one-time thing, and if there are issues, such as refunds on a shipping, it goes back into your Easyship balance, instead of going back on the card you paid with (similar to a store only offering a return in the form of a gift card). There has to be a postage balance ready on your account for shipping in order to print labels, they won't just charge you per label. They make you reload your balance in $10 increments, which means you're always giving them more money than the shipping actually costs, even if the difference does carry over for future orders.

Sally

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

the Easy in Easyship

PROS

Easyship is really easy to use and integrate and the support team is great!

CONS

Currently our integration makes it rather manual to make changes but the Support Team is extremely responsive in helping any of our enquiries.

Patrizio

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Easyship does a really good job overall

PROS

The interface in straightforward; easy to navigate and well organised. I use it with WooCommerce and the integration was smooth, with no crashes, bugs or overloads. Easyship helps you save huge money when it comes to shipping. I run an eCommerce website that spends a fortune with Australia Post. This tool should be able to cut this cost by a 40-50%.

CONS

When you create a shipping, for some reason it shows only a handful of shipping options rather than all the available. But I might be doing something wrong with rules. I'm sure there's a workaround for this. Another thing I find annoying is that it is not clear what time the courier will come to your place to pick up the parcel. They usually say between 8:00am and 3:00pm. I guess you'll have to leave the goods at your front door and hope it doesn't get stolen. However, if you do a decent amount of shippings per month (I think 200/month at least), they can arrange a courier to come to you on a daily basis so you can drop all your parcels that are ready to go.

Mary

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2019

EasyShip, a good basic shipping program.

Very good. I started using EasyShip because I’m using Sellbrite and it doesn’t print labels in bulk. Sellbrite has EasyShip as one of their partners so I decided to try it since I do need to do multiple packages at one time. It was confusing at first, I thought I was supposed to be able to import my inventory but never could see any of my products. But that was my misunderstanding, I imports orders only and adds the products as they sell (basically just tracks package size, weight and category to declare it for customs). I didn’t have any active orders the first time I was trying to use it which is why it didn’t seem to be doing anything. A couple weeks later I tried again when I had orders and I figured out how to import orders. It doesn’t seem to transfer over the package size and weight, which I do have for the products in Sellbrite but I have to transfer that info over manually. It saves it after the first time a product sells. It doesn’t cost anything to use except what I buy in postage which the prices are comparable to what Sellbrite costs are. And it did give me a coupon for extra postage which was really great, used that up! It does multiple shipments really well. And I love how I get the file of all the invoices and all the labels and can print them all in one shot. It was a little trickier to learn, but I’m glad I did. I plan on continuing to use it.

PROS

It does multiple shipments at one time. Sends me the labels and invoices all in one file to print all at one time which is a great time saver.

CONS

A little tricky to learn to use but glad it did. It just could have bee a little clearer on what to do and expect on how to download orders.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed May 2018

Going global with Easyship is not as scary!

Ease of use, integration power and consolidation of shipping information

PROS

The integration has saved me hours in maintaining and keeping our customer up to date with their orders. It's great that I don't feel in the dark where the packages are exactly at just a few clicks. The shipping integration with Shopify is wonderful since it allows us to be transparent with the shipping fees.

CONS

Sadly, there's still a lot of improvement needed to filter invalid, incomplete and wrong addresses esp. from international orders. Hopefully they'd have this feature soon where it will not get the purchase completed until a valid address is supplied

Syed

Retail

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed May 2018

Good idea, badly implemented

PROS

availability of multiple carriers on 1 platform there are not too many pros there are not too many pros have to copy paste due to stupid 100 character min (its like putting a gun on your head to sing praises)

CONS

A lot of things 1) bad customer support on shipments 2) bad customer support on implementation 3) bad tracking 4) lack of response to feedbacks 5) unexplained failure in label creations 6) layout needs work 7) ESHK reference number is of little use to use, either use tracking or customer order number 8) many more issues,

Colin

Reviewed July 2018

On stop shop shipment solution for startups

We have been implemented this solution to get extra shipment suppliers for our local and overseas shipments.

PROS

We most like the integration with Amazon and Ebay which make us reduce the mistake of typing error. It's easy to use and it can compare the price of different suppliers.

CONS

It would be grateful if it could integrate with more common eCommerce platforms like OpenCart and Yahoo Store.

Jon

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

What a Scam

Easy ship is pay as you go, pre paid shipping. 6 months after I stopped using Easy Ship, they fraudulently charged my credit card for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. How do thet come back and charge me for what I have already paid? It's PRE PAID!!! All shipping information was absolutely correct and paid up front.

PROS

easy to use, and integrated well with my selling platforms

CONS

It's pre paid.... but it's apparently not

Hi Jon, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, however we must object to the points you have made. 'It's pre paid...but it's apparently not' Easyship is pre paid but on occasion, Adjustments will occur. All couriers weigh and measure parcels whilst in transit. Any discrepancy found in the weight or dimensions that you have declared on Easyship will be charged by the courier at a premium. Once Easyship is made aware of this by the courier, and on occasion this may take several months, we will inform you directly of the Adjustment fees and provide prior warning that the amount in question will be charged. In some scenarios, you also have the right to appeal the adjustment fees that the courier has levied and we will do this on your behalf when appropriate. If you do wish to dispute the Adjustment fees that have been charged, please contact us directly and we will do all we can to help you. Kind regards, Easyship

Replied May 2020

Reviewed June 2021

Lost packages, no refund, no support

PROS

Nothing! This company does not provide anything special. There are tons of other companies like this out there.

CONS

I do not recommend Easyship at all!!! Your packages will get lost all the time. They force you to pay more to buy additional insurance or you will never get a refund. If you contact the courier, they say since the label was purchased through a 3rd party, they are responsible for the refund. But then Easyship says they are not responsible for anything. They are just a middle man. DO NOT USE THEM. You will never get decent customer support, refund, or any help to get your packages back. We lost thousands of dollars for the past 4 months. Never have been able to recover the lost packages, or get a refund. We are going to deal with this legally. If they offer a service, they must stand behind the quality. Not just say oh we cannot help you!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!

Jamie

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Easy to use, unless you need to contact their support team.

If you can, go and use a shipper directly, do it.

PROS

Easy to book in functions, Easy to sync with Shopify.

CONS

Customer support is nonexistent - or takes 1+ weeks and many follow-ups, we've had 7+ attempts at resolving issues with parcels, refunds, software errors, syncing errors, payment charge errors - none of which were fixed within a reasonable time frame. If anything is lost, damaged, couriers don't pick up even after 2+ business days - don't expect their customer service team to even reply. I've had unauthorized charges placed on my account from a customer redirecting a shipment but no request from our end, when questioned, no response - still charged for this. There is a lot of bugs in the software, they are aware of this yet you'll still get calls from their sales team to push you to upgrade your account. Why would someone want to continue use with you when the only support you're quick to jump on board with is pushing to upgrade the account? Don't expect to get a response from their online chat support.

Reasons for switching to Easyship

Being able to sync a lot of orders and customer information over from Shopify easily.

Jared

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2019

BEWARE

Poor response from support on the additional charges. I have already removed this plugin from my website and will no longer be doing business with this company.

PROS

Links with popular ecommerce software pretty seamlessly. Provides real-time rates*(see below) and gives customers several options for shipping with major carriers worldwide.

CONS

After using this company for over a year, suddenly received numerous "residential delivery surcharges" for FedEx deliveries that occurred over the past several months. After contacting support, was told that I must pay these surcharges, even though the on-screen total at the time of payment did not reflect these charges. This is a pay-as-you-go service, so all charges should have been assessed up-front.

Jamie

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Perfect for businesses using multiple sales channels

Easyship really does make it easy, because I am able to not only print my labels, but also packing slips and customs forms when needed. It also integrates right into our QuickBooks account which means less work for me.

PROS

I like Easyship for how easy it is to print shipping labels at a discount even while using multiple sales channels. We are currently using Shopify and Amazon, and can also print labels from other channels like Ebay and Etsy eventually, because we can manage batch orders from any and all channels through Easyship. The discount on the labels is a major plus too. I also like that it automatically works with all the postal carriers we use, such as USPS, UPS, FedEx, & DHL.

CONS

There's nothing I don't like about this application. I really feel like they thought of every thing.

Serene

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2018

Great for a new startup saving me time and money!

Easyship is easy to use, reliable and cost effective especially for a new startup like myself. I have been using Easyship for over 3 months and I will definitely recommend them. Saves me so much and streamlines the fulfillment process.

PROS

Easy integration & syncs perfectly with Shopify store. Support is responsive and helpful. I like how it gives me and my customers a choice of who they like to ship with and the costs are displayed upfront without any surprises.

CONS

Contacting the different service providers can be confusing- having a central contact number would be much easier with automated call forward to the specific delivery provider. Not able to specify delivery dates with the service provider- sometimes my customers request for delivery only on specific date- but there is no option to choose this.

Import and Export, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

I WISH I USED ANOTHER COMPANY

The company does a horrible job of supplying correct paperwork, logistics, communication and just getting the shipment to the destination. So far about 15% are returned due to a variety of reasons if they even give a reason. They request MSDS on items that do not have one, they lose shipments, the do not supply the correct amount of invoices, and when you try to correct things it's extremely difficult to get help. Always get a message how busy they are due to covid delays [just a broad excuse for slow poor service]- maybe you wouldn't be so busy if you properly delivered items.

PROS

Somewhat easy for basic items but I can honestly say I do not like the company or their software. Extremely poor for a variety of reasons, some stated below.

CONS

Incorrect paperwork given. Lack of instructions for shipments.

Ilan

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Company didn't keep its word

The company did not stand by its commitments during the sales process.

PROS

Relatively easy to use, decent rates, basic account have good feature set.

CONS

Support for API is poor and the sandbox doesn't support all production features and is largely useless. One's own courier account can be integrated but can only be use for shipping from one specific country.

Reason for choosing Easyship

Commitment to be able to ship from virtually any location by combining their rates with a 3rd party (UPS/DHL/Fedex) account of my own that supports shipping from the rest of the countries.