All ecomdash Reviews

John M.

Great Support Staff

Ecomdash is helping me improve my business by allowing me to manage multiple sites from a single interface.

Pros

The software takes time to learn and understand. The best part is the support you get from the support team. They respond quickly, the schedule a call feature is really nice, and everyone of the support staff I have dealt with have been very helpful and supportive.

Cons

The system takes time to learn and it could use a few more features; however, by and large it works very well.

Nicolas

Verygood for inventory management!

Main problem solved is amazon limitation to link different ASIN to same SKU...

Pros

Integration was easy with woocommerce and amazon.ca & amazon.com. Inventory management between platform is just great. You can even create sub products (kit) so you can list the same product with different ASIN on amazon (increase sales opportunity!)

Cons

Support doesn't really know what is Google Shopping listing nor could not help me except if I pay $$$ for support so I guess it is not enough user friendly... Most user friendly software these days doesn't need support ;-)

Reasons for switching to ecomdash

Sellbrite was unable to connect to my woocommerce stores even after 3 weeks of asking for support...

Response from ecomdash

Hi Nicolas, Thanks so much for your positive feedback! It's great to hear that we've been able to help solve an issue for your business. I'm happy to pass your feedback along to our team. We look forward to helping you grow your ecommerce business.

Replied July 2021

Peter

Clunky At Best

If your considering switching to Ecom I would shop around and if ecom offer more of a setup in the future until they sort the backend issues out then it would probably be worth while, but if your going to have to pay to have people set it up because it does not work the way it is meant to then I would choose another platform there are so many out there. For me I have had to change so much in my store to make it compatible with Ecom so going to wait to get crimbo out the road with then switch. On a scale of one to 10 the support definitely score 10, as for the system for a ecommerce business which uses multi channels the price they charge with what they offer it is a serious -4, if the price was around £30pm then yea maybe a 4.

Pros

The one and only good thing which is really good I have to say is the support mind the team are so helpful and friendly its just a shame the system is not really great for modern ecommerce business's like mine. My last software I paying more but it was much easier and simpler to use I think Ecom was once likely to have been great and tried to move forward but overcomplicated things and if they were to look back and rewind and move forward again it could easily be made a decent platform.

Cons

First thing I was shocked with was the inventory sync Ecom charge a Premium price for a outdated system and it ONLY SYNCS 4 HOURLY OMG! you would expect this from a supplier but for Ecom site you anticimate more frequent, my last platform updated every 15mins its like rewinding back 20 years... There are a load of Add on suck you in and charge you more to do the basics apps available which then puts you back in the place were you could have simply choose an alternative platform which does what it says it does. If service providers like this were regulated like a finance company they would likely be fined a substantial amount. I was told I would need a app for a Re-Pricer at a cost but infact that was wrong they do actually have one built in which was good it is a bit old school it only lets you inflate % and does not allow % &£ but still better than nothing. So for this its not bad as some software does not offer a repricer so a little credit there. As for a bulk lister its about as useful as a chocolate fireguard unless you make endless templates its not that good to where it can pick things up like some other platforms out there but for individual listing or a couple at a time its probably ok I would say a score of 2 out of 10. Pick list is available but again outdated you cant amend it or use it to match up orders but you can print packing slips add some more waste to the environment because your using outdated software but still its a way round.

Reasons for switching to ecomdash

supposed to have been better and cheaper

Response from ecomdash

Hi Peter, Thank you for providing your feedback. We're sorry to hear you've had a frustrating experience, but we appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. It appears our team was able to contact you regarding these issues and we're glad you're willing to give us another chance to make things right. We look forward to helping you grow your business.

Replied October 2020

Peter

Love it!

Wonderful

Pros

Syncing my two store fronts, inventory was a challenge to keep correct across the board. Now its on the money!

Cons

Nothing really, im not computer savvy and I been able to get it all going with some halp from support!

Reasons for choosing ecomdash

I drove both, I couldn't justify the extra cost of others.

Response from ecomdash

Hi Peter, Thanks so much for your positive feedback! We work hard to make it easier for customers like yourself to run their online store, so our team will be happy to hear you've had a great experience. We look forward to helping you continue to grow your ecommerce business. Thanks again, Ecomdash

Replied December 2020

The Most Affordable and Reliable Inventory Sync Software for eBay, Amazon, and Website Businesses

Pros

Once you understand the logic of the software it is excellent. We actually like that we can make changes at the marketplace, and simply have Ecomdash import the revised listing changes. When using other platforms we found that making changes on marketplaces directly would sometimes break the functionality between the two platforms. Not so with Ecomdash. It has fabulous import/export features for products. The multi-Channel sync works really well. It has a bundle feature that we use all the time. It's really easy to list to all the marketplaces. The UI is actually pretty good. Some have complained about it, but we have used a lot of other platforms, and this one works as good if not better than most. The product search function is excellent. It is actually way superior to any website platform product search we have ever used. It finds the products instantly. They should sell the search code to some of these shopping carts companies who have horrible built in search (All of them). The Price is so affordable. It's pay as you go. Super reasonable rates, and can leave at any time. No stupid contracts, no BS! We love that. We have never had any trouble with Customer Support. They always answered questions relatively fast, and it was always a qualified individual answering the questions.

Cons

There are a few minor integration things that are missing. Such as a few eBay options we can't select. There are a few marketplaces we would like to list to that they are not integrated with. It would be nice if they had 24/7 Support. But not a big deal.

Stuart

Great Program with Definite Limitations

First of all, Ecomdash is the absolute best value out there if you sell on the marketplaces they cover. And I have evaluated 6-7 platforms in depth. That being said, it has some real shortcomings. The Pros: Great Customer support, easy to use, efficient and logical back-end, clean user interface and it works without glitches. Documentation is thorough and well-written. If you are good with spreadsheets, ECD offers excellent capabilities to upload and download information. Really superior to all others in its range. If you sell on Amazon, ebay and a website, ECD will work great and the price can't be beat. Go for it! Cons: Useless reporting: you will have to get your facts and figures somewhere else, or link many many spreadsheets together. It's like a black box for sales information. They have about 40 different very narrowly-focused reports which are not flexible enough to answer more than one small question at a time, so you will have to download a million of them. They do offer to create custom reports, and that could help. Does not track Amazon FBA returns, last I checked, so if you're return rate is above 2-3%, you're just not going to be able to accurately track your sales through ECD. Listing doesn't really work. Can't create ASINS in Amazon, so if you have brand-registry, forget it. Does not list variants to BigCommerce, last time I checked, and did not list variants in general, so if you deal in different sizes and colors, the listing facility may as well not exist. NOTE: Limited/Phony Listing capabilities is the norm for ALL programs that cost less than about $/yr upwards. But you need to ask the questions and not go in believing the bullet points on the landing page, then you can fit Ecomdash realistically into your workflow. The devil is in the details. I tuned out after a few broken promises about integrations and updates, so they may have fixed some of these issues, but you MUST ask specific questions. We switched to Linnworks, which has some of the same issues, because we needed a more European focus and because of the utter inadequacy of the ECD reporting module. All in all, though, Ecomdash is an excellent program and company in a very muddled field. Recommended.

Pros

See above

Cons

See above

November 2015

Very good at keeping my inventory in sync across selling channels

Pros

ecomdash is great for my business, because I have been enjoying using ShipStation and I needed a system to keep my channels in sync, without adding a lot of activity to my work flow. It doesn't need to integrate into ShipStation. It will work along side of ShipStation, doing it's job, while letting ShipStation do it's job of handling the shipping. The people at ecomdash are friendly and helpful. Support is quick to get back to you and they don't mind getting on the phone to help you out.

Cons

The UI isn't currently state of the art, but it isn't overly difficult to deal with. I've been making suggestions and they are willing to listen. If their UI designer/developer can up their game, they can trump the others that I've used (and gave up on), because I have yet to see a super easy to use UI in this particular service niche. It's a bit new, and there are vestiges of certain very niche markets that they must have created their software for initially, and I find that in terms of creating templates and imports, you can see a lot of specific fields that pertain to those marketplaces. Ideally they could filter them out if the client is not using those marketplaces. I don't print postage through their application, and Would like to stay with ShipStation for that. In fact, I'd be happy if they would just form a partnership with ShipStation because ShipStation really has the shipping thing figured out pretty well.

Patti

Great for the price point

For the money, this is good value. We recommend you have a strong vision for how you want your system set up and have prior experience using such a system. We don't get much value out of the listings upload capability to our multi channels. However, we don't want to spend our time manually reconciling inventory each day. This takes the worry out of it once it's set up. Be patient and eventually you'll be on auto-pilot. Do difficult or new work during business hours so you can chat or call for help.

Pros

It has inventory management for multiple channels and a PO system to track COGS ordered and received. Multiple warehousing is available and we use it. Very nice to sign up and then get 3 months free - it takes that much time to set up if you do volume and have multiple channels. We have tried other vendors and a 90 day setup period is perfect for the user - but not offered as standard in the market. We may have left during the period but knowing that we weren't being charged it was easier to just work through things and get set up without the pressure of paying for double systems during the transition.

Cons

Support is only available during business hours, and often they are not online for chat. When you do get them, depending on whom you speak/text/email with, our experiences have ranged from outstanding to terrible. Some reps struggle to understand the question and don't confirm (like they have not used an inventory system in addition to not being able to understand their own system to answer questions. The lack of business experience can be frustrating for simple issues.) However, many of the support people are amazing and will go above and beyond. Some just are great - know the shoes we walk in, know the system, listen/confirm and solve in 1 call resolution. Waiting while they are offline is really frustrating when you are setting up! Definitely set a few calls - they are much better on the phone understanding what you are trying to accomplish. We didn't get much of a tutorial and their support docs are difficult to follow. However, once you get the hang of it, you're golden. And for the price you pay, some of these challenges can be expected. One other thing - the processing time can be pretty slow (updating inventory to channels, downloading listings, etc).

Stephen

Ecomdash for Inventory Managment

We used to spend hours looking for things because we just had too many items to try to keep track of without some sort of structure. We tried to do something on our own, but we had a huge problem with consistency. Ecomdash took all of the mystification out of inventory management. It's very straight forward and easy to understand.

Pros

I was really looking for inventory management software as I was having trouble keeping track of eBay inventory in three different warehouses. This software really fixed that problem for us. I'm also considering branching out to other channels soon and I'm convinced this is program will work well for that too.

Cons

The integration was difficult, but that was my fault. We had been using eBay's Custom Label field for item location. I realize now that I should have downloaded that data and cleared the field before I started. If I would have contacted Customer Service early on, I'm sure it would have been seamless transition. I don't expect to get good "Help Desk" service, but Ecomdash's customer service has been the best. Friendly, easy to understand, and technically adept.

Reasons for choosing ecomdash

I looked at several. I like simple but meaningful dashboard and inventory screens. It doesn't take a new employee very long to become an effective user and that's important to me. I'm 63 and after integration, I've had no problems using the program.

Response from ecomdash

Hi Stephen, Thanks so much for your positive feedback. Our team works hard to prioritize customer experience and satisfaction, so they'll be happy to hear your kind words. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you continue to grow your online business.

Replied August 2020

Matt

new changes make it very cumbersome

In the past, their customer service has been top notch - one of the main benefits was being able to schedule a service call with an actual rep at any time. We had a major inventory glitch about 6 months ago where all our purchase orders were being double or sometimes quadruple counting in our inventory numbers. It took them nearly 3 months to correct the issue and in the meantime we had to go without accurate inventory and COGS numbers. Now with this change to the user interface, I cannot recommend this software to anyone.

Pros

We've used this software for 3+ years for our E-Commerce platform which syncs (one of the main reasons we went with Ecom. The best thing is that is manages inventory and does shipping both.

Cons

Honestly, this program has served us well for a while, but recent changes to their user interface (shipping workflow) have made it very cumbersome and nearly impossible for us to continue to use. We ship with multiple carriers and many different box configurations to maximize our shipping budget. The new workflow forces the user to 'batch' shipments into like shipments or with the same carrier instead of being able to create multiple shipping orders and then edit them individually in real time like before. This new workflow is horrible for us and we are looking to make a switch very soon. If you're shipping a lot of identical packages all with the same carrier, I guess it could still work for you.

Response from ecomdash

Hi Matt! Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear you're having such a frustrating experience, but really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We understand that when releasing such a large change, we sometimes won't get it perfect. We're focused on getting as much feedback as we can and making changes to improve the process. I spoke with the team and they've reached out to schedule some time with you to get more feedback on how to improve this feature. We're currently working through all the other customer feedback we've received and are implementing changes to the new shipping workflow over the next couple of weeks. We do appreciate your business and would love to change your outlook on our software. Thanks so much!

Replied January 2020

Dave

November 2015

Ecomdash - Stellar Support and Response

Pros

Compared to other software experiences we had, ecomdash software actually does what they say it will do, simply put "It Works" and the customer service is supreme. One thing in particular about this company I like, is they listen to their customer's suggestions. I can't tell you how many times I have made suggestions only to see them studied and placed into the software. Most other companies don't or can't do that, ecomdash excels in that area.

Cons

I don't know that I can honestly come up with anything I like least about this product, or the vendor. It is to do a specific purpose and it does it well. I suppose IF I had to choose a least liked aspect, it would be the idle time out. Not that it isn't plenty long before time out and requiring the password to unlock it I just like to walk off for a bit and get some coffee, well you know. (note you don't have to re-logon in with user name and password, you just unlock it with the password). Truthfully I would not take away the idle timeout at all, it is there to protect my account. I just need to take a bit shorter coffee break :)

Tim

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Great Customer Support

We are very pleased with this software and their extremely fair pricing model!

Pros

We have been using Ecomdash for about 6 months now. The provided resources answered most of our set up questions and we started our learning curve with only one sales channel. As we added more sales channels, and as we asked more of the software, we found ourselves needing a bit more help. We initiated a "chat" within the Ecomdash dashboard where the support person (Catherine) initiated a support request with their support team. As it turned out, it was determined that the feature that we were trying to access required a software update fix. The support team followed up and quickly notified us of the fix. Catherine became available again, through chat, to help walk us through the required steps. GREAT customer support and everything now works perfectly!

Cons

So far, we have no "cons" to report. We do realize that as we ask more of the software and as we utilize more of its capabilities that there will be a learning curve. We are just grateful that the customer support team will be there if we need them again!

Brandon

Good for the Money

I would rate ecomdash as 3.5 stars overall. I have used them for about 2 years and there have been several times I wanted to leave, but there is not much out there I could find that beats the price-to-feature ratio ecomdash offers. We currently do not do FBA and I know that some users have had issues with that. However, for our business ecomdash offers features that many higher priced competitors offer and are exactly what we need. We have had a few problems over the years, but the customer service (although sometimes difficult to reach) was above average in most of the cases in getting the problem resolved. This is not a perfect product, but for a growing business like ourselves this is what we need.

Pros

Great Value for what is included Includes features that many others don't have Decent customer service

Cons

Slow between screens Some information seems difficult to find Shipping service is not user friendly

Jason

September 2016

Great Company To Work With! Excellent Software and always improving!

From installation to learning the software Ecomdash provides an incredible team and Resources to get up and going quickly and easily. The features for the money is unbeatable! You get all the features from day 1 and you don't have to spend all your profits to get a good system. The company is innovative and always adding new features and improving ease of use. It is the most User Friendly inventory management software I tried. Give them a try!

Pros

Features included: Inventory Management, Order Management, Fullfillment Management, Quickbooks Integration, Accurate Listing Ability, from DAY 1. Ease of Use and Customer Service Team are always available if you run into something you're not sure about. Unbeatable value for the price!

Cons

Really Nothing. I can't say there is anything bad about it.

Majyk