Endicia Software Reviews

Endicia Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2020

Find out more:

• icon"Easy to use and track for business with a compatible price. It is very stable, rarely breaks down."
  • icon"Saves all your addresses, easy to find contacts. A lot of customization available for labels, envelopes, etc."
  • icon"What I like most about the Endicia software is the ease of integration with my website. It also saves time and money."
  • icon"When the account needed to be accessed by someone other than the person who set it up (he left) it was difficult to access it."
  • icon"Lousy customer service - inexplicable outages. Cumbersome return label process."
  • icon"But here's our biggest complaint. The change required us to throw away all of our stamp materials AND to throw away all of our postage scales."

All Endicia Reviews

Kelsey

Great for Home Businesses

GREAT alternative to other postage printers, easy to use, but poor customer service.

Pros

I love that Endicia is an easy way to print my postage at home, PER USE, and does not require subscriptions like some other competitors (like Stamps.com). Their software is easy to use and very compatible with my DYMO postage printer.

Cons

I hate that when the printer jams up, it is like pulling TEETH to get a refund from Endicia. To date I've wasted about $50 in postage that was never refunded to me because copies of the misprinted postage was not deemed satisfactory by the company. So be careful when you print- because their policy is pretty much "if you mess up you are SOL." It's also impossible to get a real human to talk to to argue with.

Nate

Industry: Sporting Goods

Great, Simple, Software

Pros

Allowed us to easily import orders from QuickBooks and process USPS labels very efficiently. Shipping internationally through USPS is a breeze. Easily create return shipping labels.

Cons

The online reporting isn't as detailed as I would like but provides all the basic information you would need.

Reasons for switching to Endicia

Endicia worked much better with the way we wanted to process orders in QuickBooks.

Jessica

October 2022

Return labels

My experience is a positive one

Pros

I like this because it's simple to use. It's user friendly on the eyes.

Cons

I see nothing wrong with the software in my opinion. It serves it's purpose.

Owners decision

Lee

Long Time User

Been using Endicia for over 15 years. Used to recommend to everyone. Now looking at alternatives. Since purchased by Stamps.com program has gotten steadily worse. We paid annually and they started charging us monthly even though we were paid till 2021. Had to file complaint with BBB to get problem resolved. The online webserver is glitchy.

Pros

Print postage on envelopes without needing a postage meter Print postage labels for flat rate envelopes the pricing discount That we could purchase/license software ANNUALLY instead of having to pay a monthly fee. Program was installed and updated on individual computers

Cons

Annual plan no longer going to be offered and will have to pay monthly fee. Accessing online webserver every time I want to print postage to an envelope.

Reasons for choosing Endicia

We could print postage at our desk without a postage meter. We could print postage directly on envelopes. It was EASY to get refund of postage misprints. We could renew software purchase ANNUALLY instead of monthly.

PierreAntoine

April 2022

Endicia does a great job

The monthly fees could be optional in my opinion but it’s a great software to use if you do high volume shipping

Pros

Easy to use and get back in time to find a past fulfilled order. Everything is stored in one solution which is convenient

Cons

Some glitch with the tools / label printer sometime it needs a restart

Reasons for choosing Endicia

Had a great previous experience with Endicia

Larry

So good and now so bad

We're all done with Endicia. We found PitneyBowes SendPro product to actually work.

Pros

Endicia is a postage printing application. We were an Endicia customer for eight years. A company like us, we're not in the postage printing business. We're in a business that needed to print postage and mail things. Endicia was great. On those rare occasions when we needed technical support, we called, they helped and we went on our way.

Cons

Apparently Endicia was sold, developed some sort of affiliation with Stamps.com or something. They introduced new software that doesn't work. We spent hours and hours with multiple technical support people. We got differing answers on our problems from some of them and from others, they just said they were not familiar with the new software and we were not the only ones complaining. But here's our biggest complaint. The change required us to throw away all of our stamp materials AND to throw away all of our postage scales. Yes, the new version of their software doesn't work with the scales we've been using, for which we spent money on. Just send them to the trash was their recommendation. Sorry, but we're just not going to contribute to the massive amount of e-waste this country produces. We did reach out to management. They said, "sorry".

Reasons for choosing Endicia

Because Stamps.com advertises on ultra-conservative radio shows whose moderators spew hate and discord.

Jen

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Absolute disaster and nonexistent customer support

Terrible. The customer service is extremely difficult to reach and they made a major error that cost us a lot of money.

Pros

Lots of integrations (shopify, squarespace, ebay, paypal). Discounted shipping. Well-known within the industry.

Cons

I was misled and told I needed Endicia in addition to Stamps.com. When I realized I didn't need a subscription to Endicia, I called to cancel and when I FINALLY got through to someone, they cancelled my Stamps.com account instead and I lost all of my history, API calls, settings and integrations for Stamps.com I am still waiting for a refund.

Endicia told me that I needed to switch from Stamps.com

Reasons for switching to Endicia

Was told by Endicia that I needed Endicia AND Stamps.com, which was not true.

Tough to set up but easy going after that

As someone who is not technically gifted, Endicia/DAZzle was not exactly user friendly to set up but now that it is up and running I hardly have trouble. When I do it usually just takes some trial and error to line up margins, sort out the printer situation, etc. It seems harder than it should be, but I guess that's how these things work. The few times I've needed technical support they've been helpful.

Pros

Easy to use once set up.

Cons

When a technical issue occurs it is a little bit of a headache for me (at least) to fix it. Initial setup was the same way.

Brian

Endicia is very handy software, saves trips to the Post Office

Overall, it was okay. If I discover a better service, I will switch immediately.

Pros

I like the ability to print stamps at home and create shipping labels. Keeps history of all shipping labels created. Able to schedule an USPS pickup, even when the USPS website is down.

Cons

Most of the time the software hangs where you cant print out the stamps/labels. By runnig endicia connect each and every time, seems to prevent this. It is annoying when the stamps/labels don't print, you have to request a refund, which takes weeks. In the meantime, you have to load more funds to pay for the postage.

Endicia

Use this on a daily basis for large volume shipping.

Pros

We love being able to use this on a daily basis to ship all of our USPS orders. Great system.

Cons

Do not like when the system goes down, takes too long for them to get it back up and running.

Endicia is Something I Rely on...

We ship approximately 120 orders a day through this reliable program. If we were given a choice between this program and others, we would stay with them! We have not had any complaints other than user error, the functionality is there even if it takes a second to find where it is. :)

Pros

This Software is Very Customizable, Useful, Accurate, and Reliable. We use this software 60 hours a week and over the weekends schedule updates to avoid impacting our shipping department. From the pre-installed images for Valentine's day and Christmas to custom thank you notes to our customers, we have created hundreds of custom labels. Endicia is compatible with UPS Worldship and we can pick specific labels to use across the spectrum. We absolutely love how we can manage purchases when we have a mistake and refund a double created label without calling customer support! Our account can easily have funds deposited to avoid stopping the shipping process due to limited funds. One-time fees help us keep track of payments much easier than vendors who charge other fees as they show up at later times. Compatible with many different types of printers for quick adaptability to new setups.

Cons

Due to the custom settings everywhere in this program, it can take a good while to adjust yourself and get familiar with the complexity of the visual editor and structure of the purchase history.

Jeff

Industry: Publishing

Endicia is a great tool for your warehouse

Using Endicia as an integrated part of our shipping software has saved us time and money. The third party insurance coverage that is offered through Endicia is a savings and though we have only had 1 or 2 instances when the packages were never found - it has worked well. Using the Endicia software has also been a benefit to our employees when they needed to ship a non-customer package. Endicia has been helpful for processing our customer orders and it helps us keep track of the packages in a timely manner.

Pros

Endicia was very easy to use. We use it as an integrated part of another piece of software for shipping packages from our warehouse. The integration allows us to ship packages via the US Post Office and get discounted pricing as well as tracking and a third part insurance option. Using these features is usually no more than click the link/button. We really love saving money as we ship with the US Post Office. The process for tracking (or in the rate instance filing an insurance claim) is simple - again you click a button.

Cons

The Endicia search feature is both nice and yet frustrating. It is great that the search will look for anything - a zip code, a name, a city - but then trying to narrow down the search to specific dates is very frustrating. They appear to be working on updating some reporting for delivery exceptions - but they don't quite have it functioning so the data is all relevant. For example, I don't care that I had delivery exceptions LAST YEAR - I am concerned about the packages that were sent out last week.

Chung

An All-in-One Solution to Shipping Management

Overall, Endicia provides incredible value to my business. The convenience of making our own stamps and saving time by skipping out on UPS and Post Office lines really points to how powerful it is to do it yourself.

Pros

Endicia is a fantastic shipping management software. Integrating it into our business was easy and almost costless. All that is needed is a printer or label maker. Endicia's convenience is the best thing about it. No longer do we need to order stamps or stand in line to make a shipment. We just print what's needed at that moment, and pay exactly the same price for shipping. Endicia's all-in-one software means I can manage and track my shipments without having to go to other third party websites.

Cons

Integrating Endicia can be a little costly as you need to have a label maker and need to purchase Netstamps labels to print stamps. Sometimes there is a misprint where the stamp image is off-center or across two labels. Fortunately, the reprint process easily solves this and reprints are free of charge. Refunds for bad stamps are as easily as selecting what you want to refund in the software.

charles

Hands down the worst software I have ever had

HORRIBLE!

Pros

Nothing. It has been nothing but problems

Cons

I have been with Endicia for more than 5 years and I have had to call tech support no less than 30-40 times with continual problems. I am on the phone as I am writing this waiting for tech support, I called a 6:03 and I was told it would "Less than one minute" before I could get a support agent. That was 40 minutes ago. I have waited many times more than an HOUR to get connected. This is beyond frustrating. I have a software that runs my business that is really good but it costs HUNDREDS of dollars to get it to work with Endicia. A few months ago Endicia integrated with Stamps.com and the problems have been worse than ever. Endicia now runs very slow and continually failure to function. It also sends out emails to my customers and instead of having my company name on it my personal name is on it and customers have no idea who the email is coming from and they delete them thinking they are spam. They have been telling me for three months that they are working on the issue. I just got off the phone with tech support after a total of about 90 minutes. There is a NEW issue that seems to be system wide and they are telling me that I have to manually print hundreds of labels (and they are printing too small and they say that is the best they can do right now) and the time it takes to fill in all of the information for each order is lengthy. My next call will be to stamps.com since they are the parent company of Endicia. I will also be looking for other solutions for my business.

Reasons for choosing Endicia

It was the only one that was compatible with my business software at the time

Kevin

Great Functionality, Bad Price Increases

We loved the ease of use. It is a great transition for smaller sellers who are tired of paying 9 cents a label on Amazon. However, as you grow, it simply doesn't scale as well. Also, with their recent price increase the break even point just got quite a bit higher compared to purchasing your postage labels direct from Amazon.

Pros

Endicia worked flawlessly for us. It consolidated most of our marketplace orders into one screen and provided competitive postage rates for us. The software was easy to use and implement.

Cons

They need more connectivity with more marketplaces. Honestly, we would still be using them today if not for their recent price increase. That price increase caused us to look around to find that their sister company gave us all of our marketplaces at less per order than Endicia did. Oddly, our new account includes an Endicia Account...

Industry: Law Practice