• Pros

• "I love how easy it is to use. It shows when I mistyped something or when taking vital signs it alerts me when it’s abnormal values. "

• "This is a very good EHR and EPM product. The functionality included in the product covers most if not all the needs of a small to large company. The product is stable. "

• "Epic truly is the best. In a world of terrible EMR, epic is top notch. "

• Cons

• "The thing I like the least about it I would have to say Is I wish it was faster it does freeze and I have to restart the computer "

• "Although easy to use getting trained takes a little too long to learn. Have a hard time with dual screens and a "second" mouse trailing the first, a little annoying."

• "As with many electronic medical record systems, can be tedious and burdensome at times. "

Browse Epic Reviews

Darpan from CITIUSTECH INC

Great EHR tool, no competitiion

Great tool, I love it!

Pros

I have worked with many EHR tools but this is the best one. It has great documentation.

Cons

I feel the backend Clarity database is not modeled in an organized away. Table and column names are not conventional.

Reasons for Switching to Epic

Epic being more universally accepted.

Epic1

It is a great software and is highly recommended for all who work in healthcare as it is very advanced

Pros

It is super advanced and is very smart. It has so many features and once learned, is a very high level software

Cons

It’s not the most user friendly as it does require you to complete sims and learning to learn this software

Reasons for Switching to Epic

We needed something more advanced for our facility

Cathy from Oklahoma Urology

Best EMR program

My overall experience with EPIC has been great. All aspects work well and user friendly

Pros

Moving from one section to another goes smoothly. User friendly . Most of Hospitals in area use same program.

Ioan from Johns Hopkins Hospital

It works but there is a lot of functionality missing

Pros

I like that there is a wealth of information available. the ability to connect to other epic systems has also helped to integrate care.

Cons

The user interface needs a lot of work and is not intuitive. people have to spend years working with it to get a functional product.

Hospital switch

Tanya from Ochsner

Everyone should use it

I am a strong proponent that all hospital systems should adopt epic as their emrs.

Pros

I love the way I can customize things on epic and be able to use smart phrases and sets and dot phrases and favorite orders to often.

Cons

Sometimes epic is so advanced that it is difficulty to keep up with changes. This is difficult but can be resolved with Epic classes.

Catherine from Nationwide Children's Hospital

Epic User

Fair considering it's with a corporate hospital and better than other software I've used in private practice.

Pros

Notes can be done in 5 minutes for physical therapy if your implementation team knows how to set it up appropriately.

Cons

No therapy-specific templates; all have to be built individually

Pretty good

Fairly positive. Best of the currently available records.

Pros

Lots of rich features that can be customized to your needs. Easy to navigate. Powerful search feature.

Cons

They sometimes change features and make it harder to navigate. Not sure they always know what they are found

Epic for healthcare billing

Medical claims billing and collection has been great. Updating to newer modules was a little difficult.

Pros

The ease of billing information and the ease of making corrections.

Cons

The system sometimes appears to hang up if you are attempting to edit an aged invoice.

easy to use

Pros

I've been really happy since we switched to Epic. I can access it anywhere and finish my charting at home.

Cons

I dislike updates because it can be confusing once the interface changes.

EPIC is the Best

Pros

I like the ease of charting on a patient. I have used other charting systems in the line of working in a hospital and Epic is by far the best out there. Much of patient information is transferred across different facilities making it easy to look back on their history to provide better care. The features are great and is fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

It sometimes is difficult specific locations to chart information. There are plenty of tabs to chart under which is great but sometimes can be overwhelming.

Nikki from Mercy Hospital

Professional but redundant

Thorough, professional but redundant and often time consuming to complete a patient pathway for care.

Pros

In healthcare without documentation it didn’t happens so it is key to record what is done for patients. I appreciated how thorough this software is and how quick the dropboxes allowed me to fill out a patient chart while in their room during a treatment session. The shortcut phrases were very helpful for common statements that were needed in patient charts. Being able to create a template made documentation thorough as well.

Cons

Redundant and I wish the software would “talk” to other pages more. For example, as a therapist, I would have to fill out a daily care tab and then a therapy tab, both time stamped the same except it required me to comment in 2 separate areas requiring more of my time to complete. If the system talked to each page then it could auto-populate saving patient treatment time instead of therapist documentation time.

Noel from Preferred Pediatrics

Best of the hospital systems I have used

If I were a hospital system picking an EMR based solely on usability I would chose Epic. I have used several other EMR systems at other hospitals and none really compare to epic.

Pros

I like the ease of use overall. Once I had templates set up for my personal use it was very quick and easy to write a high quality note that included stuff that was useful and not just filler. I have primarily used it in the nursery. The app for iphone is by far the best EMR app I have used. It is very quick to log on and allows access to most of the things we need. The only downside of the app is the inability to enter orders.

Cons

While it is very east to use once it is customized, a degree in software engineering is almost a requirement to do the customizing yourself. Fortunately I had help when the software was implemented to get exactly what I want. It would be difficulty for me to change things if I needed to.

Julie from The Christ Hospital

Great software for Healthcare

EPIC has been fantastic. As a nurse who started her career with paper charting, EPIC has made things much easier!

Pros

The ability to compile information about a patient from any other facility that uses EPIC. Organization of pt information is organized and easy to access

Cons

I would like a better way to organize tasks for what needs to be completed for our patients. I would also like a simpler look to patient lists and patient tasks

Tina from Johns Hopkins Hospital

Epic is the place to go

I like it honestly. It's a great plateform and organizes all of our patient's information.

Pros

It's great that it houses everything and with training it becomes very easy to navigate plus has cool features like adding a patient's pictures and being able to feed it from other plateforms.

Cons

There are often many steps to take to get to the goal point which could be easier with a few eliminations of steps in the future.

Tara from Wfubmc

Epic

Excellent increased job satisfaction helps with speed and quality of a coder

Pros

Enlarged print this year multifunctional holds and displays a large patient stay a very complex job that the system has made easier

Cons

This year there was a change and when I go under document review and click surgery I can’t see the full surgery just the heading but when I go under procedure it shows me the procedure note

Unsure

Elizabeth from Select Medical

Epic for Therapists in the Acute Care Setting

Epic has been a game changer to share information between many different facilities, stream-lining care.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, very user friendly. Epic has many options for accomplishing the same goal which is great for different learning styles, preferences of different users (i.e. using space bar, arrow keys or mouse to advance).

Cons

The software can be very messy when working with different disciplines, as we do in the acute care setting. Many flowcharts, data overlap making it easy to document in another person's note/flowsheet if not careful.

Daniel from Sikich LLP

Epic is a great tool for nurses and better than any other charting system

Overall Epic is an extremely user friendly charting system that allows nurses to quickly chart on their patients and give an accurate description of the patients overall status.

Pros

The software is very user friendly, even for people who are not technologically advanced. Overall very intuitive

Cons

They do not have all realistic options when dealing with patient care. For an example when talking about patients position, they do not have a self option. They have to comment in the box. A lot of "Other" being selected with a description.

Nataliya from Technician

Epic review

Overall experience is great because it allows me to do my job that I am suppose to do

Luanne from Region's Hospital

Works for our large hospital

Pros

It is easy to find the screen you want. You can go into order history, patient history or find more indepth information by going into the patient's chart.

Cons

When scrolling for the dosing time, you can't see the complete screen at once. You have to scroll side to side to see the day, then back to the times.

Pascale from Quorum Review IRB

Epic Review

Pros

I used EPIC at my previous job and it was great - easy to use, easy to navigate, and the builders seemed to be able to make changes that we suggested.

Cons

Surprisingly, I used EPIC every day and I really don't have any cons to say about it. It seems more reliable than our current system!

Ciara from University of Central Arkansas

Great Option for Healthcare Documentation

Overall, I would be happy to use Epic in the future when not working as a student. I think the software is designed in an efficient way and I gained competency in it very quickly following training.

Pros

There are a large number of features available for personalization. This allows users to make their Epic account most efficient for their personal needs.

Cons

It was somewhat challenging to figure out how to use this software as a therapy student needing my supervisor to co-sign my notes. We eventually figured out a process that worked for us and met the facility's standards, but it was not highly efficient.

EPIC

I use EPIC everyday for work and find it very reliable and beneficial

Pros

I like that you can get summaries instead of having to search each specific item for pages and pages

Cons

Still finding new features I didn't know were available. Not the easiest to learn

Ana from Ana Rojas

Customer support is unacceptable

I was unable to obtain answers from the company, so my experience is poor. The information I need helps my clinics meet certain criteria which helps them to obtain substantial funding. Epic did not seem to care. I still need to understand how to send secure messages to multiple patients (bulk messages). I hope the company reads this and responds.

Pros

Cons

The support I experienced is really poor. I am a consultant with several EPIC clinics and have been trying to get support to understand how to send secure messages to multiple patients (bulk messages). EPIC has failed to provide this information in spite of multiple requests from me and my clients.

Paul from Yale

10/10 -the pinnacle

Pros

Epic truly is the best. In a world of terrible EMR, epic is top notch.

Adrienne Kelly from Our Lady Of the Lake

Epic

Pros

I like the fact that epic will keep information and let you pull it to another area. Epic will show exactly who did what and what time. I also like how you can access the information that you need easily.

Cons

My least favorite thing about epic is when it crashes. Sometimes it puts a load on workers when it isn't properly running.

Narelle from Piedmont Healthcare

Epic Review

I like epic because its organized and allows me to navigate well.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and allows you to personalize your view

Cons

Sometimes when it updates, it isnt as easy to use but after a bit you get used to it.

Simple and effective

Pros

It is the most simplified and effective version of this type that I have used

Cons

There are multiple ways of achieving the same outcome which can get confusing

Ashley from Waffle house

Industry: Food Production

Better than paper

Better than paper I just wish they changed sooner.

Pros

When I was a nurse we switched from doing charts on paper to epic which honestly it saves a lot of time and energy.

Cons

When learning to use Epic every and everyone in the hospital I worked for was really slow.People were getting frustrated because of how it littlrally took over a month to get used to.

Hospital required me too

Katrina from Klarus Home Care

Epic billing

Solving insurance collections and claims errors on

Pros

Easy to bill claims to insurance electronically and input notes in the system for administrators to review

Cons

You can not go back and delete a note if you happen to make a mistake you have to input another note

Anushay from Medicine

Difficult learning curve

Functional once you know how to use it but difficult to learn how to use

Pros

Once you know how to use it, it is helpful and a reliable software. However, the learning curve is very steep and it takes quite some time to even become functional.

Cons

The learning curve is very steep and it takes quite some time to even become a functional user - there is quite a bit to learn in medical school and having to add an EMR to that list was unfortunate.

Changed hospitals

Tammy from proMedica

EPIC isn’t so epic

Lots of issues with this software. It was a good idea in theory, but we spend a lot of time calling the help desk due to issues.

Pros

The fact that all of our WQs are here, as well as our encoder and all documentation is nice. Easy to rearrange workspaces to fit your needs.

Cons

Lots of glitches, missing information, pulling information from unknown documents- not sure where codes are coming from most of the time.

Epic works for all your needs

Pros

I like how you can add narrative sections to your evaluations.

Cons

It is somewhat redundant. Sometimes you have to enter the same information in 3 different places.

Amanda from Consumer Electronics

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Robust but steep learning curve

Pros

Stable and a lot of functionality and reporting capabilities.

Cons

With all the functions and options comes a lot of learning. Off-site access can be a challenge.

Megan from NCH

Epic EMR

I am new to the hospital where I am employed so am a fairly new EPIC user however my training experience and use thus far has been positive.

Pros

Epic is very, very detailed in terms of patient information and in terms of providers tracking communications with patients and other providers within the agency.

Cons

There are a few features that are not “user error” friendly meaning there is no possible way to correct an error in a chart with these few specific features.

Useful but not great

Pros

Patient charts, health history are easily available to the team

Cons

It is very hard to navigate at first and all of the tabs can get confusing

Not the best EHR out there

Pros

The way it's set up and able to break everything down within the chart field.

Cons

Customer service is horrible, ease of use is not there. This is by the far the worst EHR software out there. It's confusing, hard to use and just scattered everywhere.

Karen from SC DMH

EMR and EMAR

Pros

The fact you can access all parts of the hospital sysyem including old record.EMAR is ontegrated amd access to ER system so you can check for possible admission, accuity and waiting time. Makes bed management easier.

Cons

Hard to use to start with, you do need yo jabe some computer skills.

Adam from The Medical College of Wisconsin

Industry: Mental Health Care

One of the best EMS products I've used

I really enjoy using this product in comparison to others. I have used three other EMS software programs and this is the best one.

Pros

This software allows a comprehensive view of a patient's chart across different levels of care that allow the user to identify what is needed or what has been completed. Auto-save feature is great.

Cons

It can be very intimidating at first. Steep learning curve. Can get lost at times in other features.

Kulwindar from Healthcare

Epiccare

I have worked in the past as healthcare support and it's a great software

Pros

It's a great software to use for patient charting

Cons

Helpdesk at the end doesn't always help as they

Tania from Cone

Current EMR

Great experience with Epic. I would recommend it to others. Easy to use, and you can also change the colors and themes of your account.

Pros

I currently use Epic at the hospital where I work, and it has been going pretty well so far. Epic is a software that you definitely have to get used to using, but once you get the hang of it, it's great. I really like that you are able to find your "recent patients" easily so that you don't have to search long for someone you have been working with.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that I like least. Epic is very organized and easy to use once you know where to find what you consistently need. I only wish I can change the way my name was displayed. But that's not Epic's fault really. :)

Used to record patient notes/medical records

Personally, I find it used extensively here. I don't think we could properly record all patient info without it.

Pros

I work on the IT side of this application, so my experience may be slightly different than the average user, but still valid. I typically deal with issues user have inputting notes, and helping those who are locked out of the system. We also install this application onto Rovers used on the hospital floors, and our nurses/doctors use it daily.

Cons

I find it does not always sync well with Dragon technology. I wish that every one could use it with Dragon, as this is a complaint I am often asked to "fix" or look into. Also, we have had a few latency issues with this application lately.

Ana from Ensemble

Epic is user friendly

Love working in Epic, hard to switch to other programs.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to navigate to and from different tabs or screens and overall experience is that it’s all understandable and super friendly program.

Cons

From what I understand the cost is high but so worth it. If pricing is an issue, let it be known that at the end it will be with while.

EPIC

Pros

Allows to use predictive analytics and use spend data in the health care system. The software has decision support tools that support business practices to reach goals.

Cons

More integration of other applications, updates to allow quicker data generation.

EPIC EMR

Pros

Ability to navigate through charts and notes in the acute and outpatient setting. Use of dot phrases to save time in documentation

Cons

Fairly steep learning curve when first navigating this system

Orlandus from Long beach memorial

Issues

Pros

It's has a simplistic application. Although many features are limited or has a high capacity to grow

Cons

The bluetooth connection is way to slow and takes forever to refresh

lisa from Suzuki

Epic is great!

This is a great program that encourages diversity.

Pros

Love the broad diversity and options. There are great search tools, recommendations, and quite easy to use.

Cons

Had some slight trouble finding the online option. Some of the devices did not have option to save to offline.