All Freightview Reviews

LaNeece Lane

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Fantastic time saver!

Freightview has put time back in our day by eliminating the need to check 3 or more sites for freight rates, constantly putting in the same information, not to mention the reduction in general aggravation. It has also put real cash back into our customer's pockets by returning the best available rates (which we may not have found previously). It makes our carriers more competitive and has definitely improved our customer service.

PROS

Freightview allows us to quickly quote and schedule freight to our customers by showing on one screen all of our freight partners with their freight quotes and transit times. This birdseye view gives us the ability to rapidly choose our freight carrier for a shipment or provide shipping choices to our customers.

CONS

It's pretty difficult to find negative things to say about Freightview. If I had to nitpick, I'd say one thing they could do is to automatically calculate freight class based on weights and dimensions. Pretty minor.

Thank you for the great review and remarks, LaNeece Lane!

Dario

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Time Saver

When looking to send a pallet(s) out we had to log into each carrier specific site to rate shop and see which one of our vendors was going to give us the best rate. Freightview eliminated all those steps and we are know able to view rates from our carrier and other 3PL carriers we are not in contract with. TIME SAVER !!!

PROS

Ability to view rates from carriers we have an account with and carriers from other 3PL companies.

CONS

Cant think of any cons as of now. Freightview does what we need it do.

Reason for choosing Freightview

Cheaper and and we didn't need all the functionalities of pacejet.

Thank you for the great review, Dario!

Replied May 2019

WARREN

Reviewed May 2018

IT IS OKAYU TO USE BUT EVEN IF DISPATCH IT OUT THE CARRIER DOESN'T ALWAYS PICK UP THAT DAY

PROS

EASY TO USE FRIENDLY YOU CAN BE DONE IN A SHORT AMOUNT IOF TIME WASTED. AND THEY GIVE ACCURATE QUOTING AND WHEN WILL THEY WILL ARRIVE AT THE PLACE IT NEEDS TO BE ON TIME

CONS

SOME TIMES TOO SLOW SLOW TO GETTING RESULTS BACK IF THE CARRIER IS PICKING UP THAT DAY OR NOT I THINK THE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN FREGIGHTWVIEW AND CARRIERS NEED TO IMPROVE TO ASSURE THEY PICK UP WHEN AND WHERE

Thank you for the review and feedback Warren! I've passed this along to our product team, but please send us any shipments that don't get picked up for the day scheduled in the meantime!

Linda

Farming, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Freightview For The Average User

customer service has been fantastic in making some changes we have asked for. There are still a few things that they cannot change and we have had to work around, but over all, if you do a fair amount of shipping with numerous carriers, it is a great tool to use.

PROS

The LTL portion of freightview is excellent. very easy to use, It's one click to schedule and create a BOL. The ease of adding carriers is great. Your price changes take effect immediately because it is pulling directly from your own log in information.

CONS

Brokering out freight through freightview can be a little trying. Your brokers need to be able to receive your freightview emails. This may cause issues when the emails are sent like a spam email. There is also a feature that sends an email when you award your quote to another carrier. This cannot be disabled. It is not a feature we like and we have had to come up with a work around for it.

Thank you for the great review and feedback Linda! We're going to be making some additional updates to our spot quoting tool soon, and as soon as we do, I'll let you know!

Replied January 2019

Brian D.

Reviewed December 2017

Flawless | Perfect | Time Saver!!!

TIME!! SO MUCH SAVED TIME!!

PROS

I used to use a pen and paper with "excel" style notebooks to keep track of and book all my freight. With FreightView, that is OUT THE WINDOW and I'm able to book my freight in TWO SIMPLE STEPS!!

CONS

Honestly, very little to say. Every so often the Bill of Lading doesn't load properly... but to be honest, is it my CHROME or is it FreightView? Beautiful thing is... in two clicks of a mouse, it's right back on screen. This software is AWESOME!!!

Thank you for the excellent review Brian!

Replied December 2017

Adam

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

Solid TMS for Business Value

Overall great tool for us, can;t wait to get access to new functionality that's on the roadmap.

PROS

Consolidation of all our carrier rating and shipments into a single portal. Drill down document access and shipment tracking are very useful

CONS

A couple of areas where development is lagging: Inconsistent LTL linear foot/ volume load pricing visibility. Limited examples of ERP integration to enable vetting of our own integration next steps. Analytics/ reporting could be rounded out more. Map view on lanes is great, but would like to be able to explode out to lane detail (as example)

Thank you for the great review Adam! Look forward to sharing information on new updates coming soon.

Trevor

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

For use by 3PL.

It is an easy portal, very minimalistic (as far as a 3PL brokerage is concerned).

PROS

It is very easy to submit a quote, and open and review load details. I like the simplicity of the document sharing and the message board is an efficient way to connect with your customer.

CONS

I don't like that you cant see the mileage (as a bidder). A lot of my quotes are mileage based to calculate transit times so I have to look up the mileage on freight lanes before each quote. Also tracking is difficult as I just message tracking updates.

Paolo Ray

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Very useful for people in the furniture industry or people that needs the cheapest freight carrier.

PROS

I like that the UI is very easy to understand and the software is very easy to use as well. It shows you multiple offers from different freight companies with your own tariffs.

CONS

Sometimes the software does not update the freight status in real time.

Thank you for the great review and feedback, Paolo Ray! We've made a recent update to our tracking to help improve it's real time accuracy as well. Let us know if anything comes up!

Replied May 2019

Mo'Riese

Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 employees

Freightview review

Quick and fast booking as well as instant rates has eliminated waiting on rates to be returned and automatic pickup confirmations make the booking process easy as well.

PROS

Ease of use Accessibility from anywhere Rate stacking Instant booking & confirmation

CONS

I really don't have any concerns with this software as of yet!

Thank you for the great review Mo'Riese!

Kimberli

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Freightview has saved us a lot of time and $$$$

Time & $$$$$ saving above all!!!

PROS

We no longer have to do quotes with 5 dif freight companies to see who comes in the least expensive.

CONS

Maybe that we have to pay a higher monthly price now bc we also ship out of our other warehouse. We store product there so sometimes we ship out of there, instead of our main warehouse. Same company........

Thank you for the excellent review Kimberli!

Replied December 2017

Travis

Printing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Friendly, Flexible & Affordable

Overall FV has helped us improve our shipping practices and get a better handle on our spend and process. It's created a standard shipping process for all our sites to follow and has given us the ability to utilize the data in meaningful ways. We can estimate better, we can capture accurate costs and negotiate with carriers for better rates and service. We have been very happy with this transition and believe we found the right option for us.

PROS

We identified the need for a TMS software in our shipping practices and spent months evaluating and completing demos of dozens of TMS options. We chose FreightView because of it's ease of use, it gave us all the tools we wanted and needed and provided a clear expectation for where they expect to grow and evolve as a software. A lot of those future development plans line up with what we would need in the future as well. The software itself was very easy to integrate and roll out. It took maybe an hour or so to link most of our carriers. The carriers that didn't link as easily, we worked with both the FV Support team and the carrier's IT teams to get them linked. Quoting, booking and shipping has been great with FV. It's given us a all in one tool for shipping that doesn't involve mulitple windows with multiple carrier sites open. It's given us more insight to our spend through the Analytics and Audit tools and has given us the ability to dispute and catch discrepancies much easier than before. The customer services team at FV has been great as well. They are quick and very clear in what they can do to help alleviate some pain points in the transition. Overall it's been great so far and we look forward to continuing to use this software.

CONS

A mass or quick quote tool would be great. With high volume shipping, sometimes just being able to grab a quick number for multiple shipments at once helps immensely. The labels for printing pro numbers for shipments could be tweaked and improved as well. Currently they offer a variety of sizes, but for high volume shipments of 10+ pallets, it becomes very cumbersome to print 10+ big labels. The development of a 4x1 tag that mimics what carriers use for pros would be very helpful. The manual editing has some issues here and there as well. Sometimes we will make changes and they won't reflect or update correctly, causing us to have to cancel and rebook just to correct simply errors. I should mention as well - all of these have been brought up and submitted to the FV Support team. They've been incredibly receptive to the feedback and have said they are working on solutions to the above for future improvements. Most software providers take your feedback and don't act on it, FV seems to be much more receptive than others we've dealt with in the past.

Reason for choosing Freightview

Customer experience - ease of use Affordability/Pricing Customer service Easy integration/implementation Audit/Analytics tools - data access

Thank you for the glowing review, Travis! We'll be working on batch quoting later this year, and please let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Replied March 2020

Penny

Package/Freight Delivery, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Freightview Review

Overall, Freightview is a very user friendly option that allows you to get multiple rates from numerous carriers at once. In this way, it's a one-stop shop and I love that! My only real issue is that I having to go all the way back to the first window and then completely start over in the first screen just to change a detail(s) or correct any error(s). This is absolutely too time consuming, in my opinion. I have complete faith in your team's ability to resolve this issue and make Freightview even better with time.

PROS

I love the fact that I can see quotes from multiple carriers. This makes it easy to compare rates and see my available options all in one place. I also like the way the site is organized. My BOLs and additional information are all in order on the left of the screen and my tracking information is in the bottom. It's very user friendly. Your customer service team has been extremely helpful as well. I appreciate that on so many levels. Your customer service team has been extremely helpful as well. I appreciate that on so many levels.

CONS

I really don't like the fact that if I make a mistake on the first page, it forces me to go back and reenter all of the information again. This is time consuming and can become exhausting if you're trying to compare rates and options for different shipping out days. I use this software every day and it would save me a LOT of time if this aspect could somehow be resolved.

Reason for choosing Freightview

We can receive quotes from multiple carriers and compare rates on available options all at once in one place. I feel like Freightview also makes tracking a bit easier. Your customer service team has been extremely helpful as well. I appreciate that on so many levels.

Thank you for the excellent review, Penny! We're glad to hear that it's working so well, and I also sent you some information on how to quickly go back and adjust the quote without having to enter everything in a second time. Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do!

Replied February 2021

Darlene

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2018

It has been a great help to our shipping dept.

Easy access to reports, shipments, carriers.

PROS

Easy to pick the best carrier for the load and to generate paperwork and follow shipments. Able to track shipments and review shipments in the past. Easy to add carriers, users and easy to delete the same.

CONS

Reports could be better. I was shocked to find that my data disappears after 60 days. That is not enough time. I need at least 6 months to clear invoices and archive shipments. We have asked for an additional column on report that allows us to put in the actual cost vs quoted cost, but as yet have not gotten that.

Thank you for the review Darlene! We do have a way for you to access your shipment data for as long as your team has used Freightview, and I will send over information on how to do this accordingly. We are getting ready to release our invoicing feature as well, which should allow us to start tracking actual cost vs. quoted cost in the analytics. We will stay in touch as soon as it's released!

Kimberly

Paper & Forest Products, 201-500 employees

Easy website to naviagate

Saves me a lot of time from reaching out to each carrier individually to get rates and creating manually reports.

PROS

Multiple of rates at once at your finger tips. Easy website to work with. The shipment reports are great and make it easy to share that information internally with co-workers. Analytics allows us to see how much we are spending with each carrier.

CONS

All information input is not transferred over to carriers BOL. Carriers do not report missed pick ups. Transit times are not always accurate if transferring to a partner carrier. Carriers doesn't list that they give to a partner carrier. Unable to get rates for different volumes going to the same address.

Thank you for the review Kimberly! We are unfortuantely limited when it comes to what some of carrier's will allow us to put on their BOL, but I'll be sure we take a closer look at the transit information to make sure we're showing exactly what the carrier's sites are reflecting as well. If there's anything we can do, I'll be sure to let you know!

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Freightview is a great tool to save time, money, and frustration with a minimum of effort.

Our company has seen significant savings from the ability to quote all of our carriers with a single action instead of the need to call or visit each carriers site. The ability to have the program automatically generate the BOL further adds to the time savings and ease of use.

PROS

Freightview instantly reaches multiple carriers simultaneously for rates and bookings from a single simple interface.

CONS

The one drawback I have been able to find with Freightview is the inability to send automated tracking status. It would be great to be able to receive daily emails showing the tracking status of any shipments still en-route.

Thank you for the great review James! We will be improving our tracking functionality in the coming months, and will look to add in-transit reporting in the future as well. We'll keep in touch on release updates around this!

Allen

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2018

This software has boosted the amount of product going out of my warehouse on a daily basis.

The ease of the software is phenomenal. Customer service is always there to help when i need it as well.

PROS

I have all of my freight carriers in one piece of software. It has streamlined all of my freight shipping. I like the fact that it saves all of my shipments and makes it easy to search for them.

CONS

Some of the carriers do not have their own individual B.O.Ls and some of them seem to not communicate well with this software. There is times when they change the tracking number on their end because Freightviews does not work or does not generate one properly and im stuck having to call to figure out what has happened.

Thank you for the great review and feedback Allen! We will be improving upon tracking in the coming future. Stay tuned for updates!

Nick

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Freightview has been a great tool for scheduling freight quickly through a wide variety of carriers.

Freightview has allowed our company to save a vast amount of time by putting a majority of the freight carriers in one location. The ability to generate the BOL's and shipping labels from the site for most shipments have allowed for the freight booking process to go quicker all within one location.

PROS

The Freightview software allows the customers to choose from a variety of freight carriers with a vast amount of shipping options. The ability to select particular shipping options has allowed for accurate cost ratings of shipments. The Freightview system also allows for the printing of most shipping materials and labels to save time.

CONS

The Freightview software lacks the ability to identify the Ship To address as commercial or residential which would help resolve any issues with the shipment rates before the shipment is booked.

Thank you for the great review and feedback, Nick!

LAQUE