Freightview Reviews

4.62 / 5 (601) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 5 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I love the options of carriers you get. I also enjoy the easy process of getting a quote with just the zip code and pulls all cities. Truly awesome!!!"

• "Easy access from anywhere. I am able to use from my cellphone when not at work! Love the fact it saves quotes and tracks shipments all the way through the process! "

• "I like that it is really easy to use. I love my contact he is amazing and always helpful and always quick to respond."

• Cons

• "We are quite pleased with the software, however the pricing could be more competitive."

• "Sometimes accessorial charges get unnoticed, but it is very rare."

• "Sometimes hard to get hold of customer support and on the phone for too long. Otherwise support is pretty good about taking care of any changes."

Browse Freightview Reviews

Zac from Wild West Seed, Inc

Time saving, stream lined, one stop shop for rate quoting.

All the things i listed in my review. this seems very redundant.

Pros

All my carriers in one place, all my customers in my address book, amazing data to provide my LTL reps for better rates, uniform BOL across all carriers, Pre-PRO'd shipments so I don't have to trust a driver with a sticker book to stick the right pallet, Being able to run spot and volume quotes in one place, lightning fast response from customer service on the rare occasion of an issue, seeing customer service listen to and apply my feedback, tracking all my shipments in one place, having a landing page for a consignee to be able to watch and track from, using the same landing page for inbound shipments so the shipper can reprint BOL's if needed and print pallet labels in the size that they need. Blogs are always poignant and help to become a better shipper and possible alert me to issues others are encountering or mistakes I've been making that are costing me unnecessarily.

Cons

I'm spoiled and overly reliant on it. Also, with its ease of use, it does potentially make part of my position easier to fill with someone whom has little to no shipping experience.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review and all the great feedback Zac!

Wade from Pierce Arrow Inc.

Best solution for freight

The experience was great from the beginning. Our shipping manager did the setup and found that the whole team at the freight view was responsive and helpful. That has stayed consistent for the years we've been with them. The sales team likes it, the shipping team likes it, and really the biggest issue it has caused is with small package carriers. That is, the bar has been raised and we now wish they did small package the same way.

Pros

The online interface at first made me nervous. I was a software guy. However, that quickly disappeared when I started using it. The idea was actually from our shipping manager and the way the system works is so simple that it allows our sales staff to easily quote and even book some freight which helps out our shipping department. It shows the rates of all the carriers we have loaded, the best time of delivery, etc. It is a well thought out and well-executed product.

Cons

I haven't run into any real bugs in the system. However, our current administrator probably has more in-depth ideas of any little quirks. From a user standpoint, there is not much room to complain. I know that one of the carriers will not state that it is using other carriers to get it to the final destination but all of the others do and I think that is more on that carrier than anything. Other than that the site is easy to use and I just don't hear of complaints. One minor thing is that they did have a WordPress plugin but it is about 3 years out of date and doesn't look like its been maintained. We were going to use that with our shopping cart software but since it was so old we couldn't use it.

Reasons for Choosing Freightview

The value of the product and the way it flowed. It gives us control of who we work with (or don't) as far as carriers and it does not inflate the rates the carriers provide. It just works so smoothly for us.

Response from Freightview

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the great review Wade! I passed along your comments around Wordpress to our dev team, and be sure to keep you updated on this shortly. Let us know if anything comes up!

Alex from Blair Rubber Co.

Industry: Building Materials

Easy to use, but could be a little more flexible

It's nice being able to have all my(not a 3pl's ) rates in one place. Easy to use. Could use some more flexibility for creating the BOL. Too often with hazmat shipments you want to keep those items on separate lines from the rest of what is being shipped so that the hazmat info is readily available on the PO. Doing this right now changes the quantity shipped on the total line which then has to be manually altered to reflect the actual piece count of what is being shipped. Tracking information can be incorrect at times not reflecting what the carrier is showing on their websites i.e Freightview tracking shows it delivered whereas the carrier might show that there is a delivery exception. Could use some more analytics, but being able to pull all the information into an Excel file makes this not as big of an issue as information specific reports can be made. Overall it is extremely useful for gathering quotes and recording shipping data.

Pros

Ease of use, data is readily available, Customer Service is outstanding.

Cons

BOL editing capabilities needs to be more flexible. It would be nice to be able to completely delete a shipment made in error instead of just archiving it.

Response from Freightview

Replied February 2017

Thank you for the review and feedback Alex! I've passed along your comments around our BOL and analytics to our development team. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do!

Advanced supply chain software for all businesses

We have been using Freightview to visualise data of all shipments that are in transit, which is a great option, especially when preparing spreadsheets and reports for meetings. In addition, analytics and graphical representation of data is simple to read and process for the entire team. Our company procures shipments (aircraft spare parts) from literally all around the world, so having software to manage the logistics is a wise decision. It is also possible to report on the performance of carriers, which is always helpful as these comments would be useful to improve performance. The customer management module is flawless, as is invoicing. We have been using this software for several months and are pleased with it. Would continue with it in the future without doubt!

Pros

Freightview is a dependable supply chain management solution that helps keep track of shipments and is optimal for freight management for businesses. Freightview can be utilised by several industries for procurement and is a robust tool for tracking deliveries, shipments and logistics. One can view the rates and compare all options whilst choosing the best one for your requirement. Overall it is an excellent software for supply chain and procurement teams that need to stay on top of the process and tasks.

Cons

Response from Freightview

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the great feedback and review! Please let us know if you ever have any questions, or if there's ever anything we can do.

Rodney from UNITED BRASS WORKS INC

Industry: Machinery

Time saver when using multiple LTL carriers

It's been a huge timesaver for me as I manage the traffic for our 3 locations and was the only one that could generate the quotes, pick ups and BOL's. Now that is handled with ease at all locations with minumum training on my part and they had never used TMS. One of the things that really made me switch was the ease of Auditing freight invoices. I used to have to audit all invoices but your program made that so easy our accounts payable department can do it now. If there is ever a way to pay directly we would use that as well.

Pros

The ease of creating a shipment is outstanding. The speed of the site while pricing through 15 carriers is great. The Freightview team that have worked to make my changing over from another TMS so effortlessly on my end. The immediate responses to any issues I was unfamiliar with or questions I had were always answered very quick. I'm glad the rep kept checking in and giving me time to try Freightview.

Cons

My old TMS had our UPS pricing included to quote a parcel shipment. It also had UPS Ground Freight Pricing included so I knew which was more economical. I would love to be able to quote zip to zip. One thing I think could change is when you do an outbound customer routed shipment it would be nice to keep your default ship from loaded. No major concern whatsoever though.

Audit

Response from Freightview

Replied October 2019

Thank you for the excellent review, Rodney! The feedback is appreciated and keep an eye out for UPS Parcel and Ground w/ Freight Pricing in the very near future. Thanks again!

Branch from Furniture Design Studios

Industry: Furniture

Bang for the buck

Very positive … their customer service is first rate. I had 6 years on the enterprise platform, as that grew bigger and we (my prior employer) used it more and more. That platform was not available to me now, and my contact recommended this "lite" version. The CSR's are even better, and they regularly announce improvements. (Some useful to us, some not.)

Pros

Low price, prior history with parent company

Cons

A little too barebones in certain areas we could use more robustness. (However, they are building out.)

Reasons for Choosing Freightview

Pricing No upfront - all others we found had $10K+ implementation fees Low monthly - 1/3 the cost for our current usage for the lowest-priced alternative Flat fee - sort of … tiered, not transactional, like many others.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the great review and feedback Branch! Look for more feature enhancements in the near future.

Alan from NetRush

Freightview

Efficient from top to bottom on my end from booking the shipments to auditing the invoices it has shaved many hours off the top for me which has allowed me to get more done in less time.

Pros

Being able to centralize all of our inbound and outbound shipments into one location has made my job that much more efficient.

Cons

When booking an LTL shipment there needs to be some sort of Freight Class Calculator so that my team can complete the entire task within Freightview without having to go outside to get that information.

Response from Freightview

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the great review and remarks, Alan!

Travis from Inland Label & Marketing Services LLC

Industry: Printing

Friendly, Flexible & Affordable

Overall FV has helped us improve our shipping practices and get a better handle on our spend and process. It's created a standard shipping process for all our sites to follow and has given us the ability to utilize the data in meaningful ways. We can estimate better, we can capture accurate costs and negotiate with carriers for better rates and service. We have been very happy with this transition and believe we found the right option for us.

Pros

We identified the need for a TMS software in our shipping practices and spent months evaluating and completing demos of dozens of TMS options. We chose FreightView because of it's ease of use, it gave us all the tools we wanted and needed and provided a clear expectation for where they expect to grow and evolve as a software. A lot of those future development plans line up with what we would need in the future as well. The software itself was very easy to integrate and roll out. It took maybe an hour or so to link most of our carriers. The carriers that didn't link as easily, we worked with both the FV Support team and the carrier's IT teams to get them linked. Quoting, booking and shipping has been great with FV. It's given us a all in one tool for shipping that doesn't involve mulitple windows with multiple carrier sites open. It's given us more insight to our spend through the Analytics and Audit tools and has given us the ability to dispute and catch discrepancies much easier than before. The customer services team at FV has been great as well. They are quick and very clear in what they can do to help alleviate some pain points in the transition. Overall it's been great so far and we look forward to continuing to use this software.

Cons

A mass or quick quote tool would be great. With high volume shipping, sometimes just being able to grab a quick number for multiple shipments at once helps immensely. The labels for printing pro numbers for shipments could be tweaked and improved as well. Currently they offer a variety of sizes, but for high volume shipments of 10+ pallets, it becomes very cumbersome to print 10+ big labels. The development of a 4x1 tag that mimics what carriers use for pros would be very helpful. The manual editing has some issues here and there as well. Sometimes we will make changes and they won't reflect or update correctly, causing us to have to cancel and rebook just to correct simply errors. I should mention as well - all of these have been brought up and submitted to the FV Support team. They've been incredibly receptive to the feedback and have said they are working on solutions to the above for future improvements. Most software providers take your feedback and don't act on it, FV seems to be much more receptive than others we've dealt with in the past.

Reasons for Choosing Freightview

Customer experience - ease of use Affordability/Pricing Customer service Easy integration/implementation Audit/Analytics tools - data access

Response from Freightview

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the glowing review, Travis! We'll be working on batch quoting later this year, and please let us know if anything else comes to mind!

PURCHASING COORDINATOR

Freightview is constantly adding new features to their website and have Webinar's to introduce and train users on how to use these new features.

Pros

I can ship with multiple carriers from 1 website from getting quote and transit times, to generating the BOL and scheduling the pickup. Once in transit, I can get status updates and use the software to reconcile invoices also. Best part is having all the information in one place, no more going to multiple website to get quote and tracking.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about Freightview. Customer service is excellent any time I have had any issues.

Response from Freightview

Replied June 2020

Thank you for the excellent review!

Chad from Jesco Industries

Helping us and customers save money and time

Our quoting and booking process has been greatly streamlined.

Pros

The ease of use and cost are the best functions of this package. This helps us save time and money as we are able to quote multiple sources at once.

Cons

There were some things early on but their team has really focused on development. Right now I wish they would do a discount for an annual payment.

Response from Freightview

Replied June 2020

Thank you for the great review, Chad! I passed your feedback along, but please let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Jamie from Creative Play Stores LLC

Industry: Furniture

Great Value and Ease of Use

Overall we really do love Freightview. It's affordable and powerfully simple. Pickups are scheduled, BOL's are effortlessly created, it just suits us great. That being said, there are some quirks I would love to see fixed. First off, there needs to be better support for specific carrier accessorials. Some carriers don't recognize or accurately quote accessorials as they should based on the selections available in FV. This causes invoices to be off from the quote displayed on FV. Just for a quick example: There's only one option to select on FV for "Limited Access", however some carriers do not recognize just "Limited Access", my Estes for example, does not recognize that and leaves out the $ fee that is in my pricing. This causes invoices to be off by $. There are other issues similar to this such as FV having two options for notification, "Notify prior to delivery" and "Call for Appointment", well depending on which one you select, a portion of our carriers display an error when quoting because they don't support that accessorial. We book every shipment with "Call for Appointment". However, a handful of my carriers return an error for this. This causes me to have to re-run the rate with the alternate selected to get those carriers to show up. At that point the majority of the other carriers return an error. This doubles the time it would normally take to run a rate. There are other quirks like this that I feel should be fixed. By not selecting the accessorial at all, which has been a proposed workaround, the carriers that do charge for that service do not properly reflect that in the rate. I would like to try to work with someone to solve these bugs. For such a great system it seems this could be fixed. All that being said, again we love Freightview. It's the easiest to use TMS I've come across and one of the most affordable. Oh one more thing, we need the ability to customize label and BOL templates. Also a branded tracking page would be fantastic. Right now all of those things are basically Freightview advertising. For a subscription service I feel I should have the ability to customize my templates, such as in Shipstation (small package) for example.

Pros

ease of use, simplicity, speed, affordability

Cons

lacking support for specific carrier accessorials, no claims management system (a simple database that linked with shipment data as an area to record claims made to carriers would be fantastic), no ability to customize BOL or Label templates, no branded tracking page, closed API (only available for rating), no integration with major e-Commerce providers

Response from Freightview

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the great review and feedback Jamie! As of 02/2019, we have added a function to manage claims, branded tracking, rating, booking and a tracking API, and additional carrier accessorials. I'll keep in touch on the others, but let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Jason from Tao Motor, Inc

Extreme Time Saver

Excellent! I could not be more pleased. I have referred multiple customers to them and will continue to do so. Such a breathe of fresh air in this ultra competitive space and their customer service rocks!! Don't pass up this opportunity. If you ship daily LTL, you need this......trust me!!

Pros

This software saves us so much time it is literally like having an extra employee at a fraction of the cost. Freightview saves so much time in quoting multiple carriers, producing BOL's and labels, and booking LTL shipments, along with seamless tracking w/ notification and they are constantly adding new features. Another huge feature is their analytics. It provides so much info and also provides a lot of leverage when negotiating with new carriers. You can pull past shipment info in a matter of seconds, something that used to be such a pain, you hated to even try to set up new carriers because of the hands on nature of pulling all the documents and relaying to sales/pricing departments.

Cons

There are only two cons and one I know they are working on. Currently you can not pull POD's from software but they are in the process of providing this solution. Hopefully this year. The second would be that it is difficult to pull up a past shipment over 90 days. Luckily we don't need to do this often.

Response from Freightview

Replied February 2019

Thank you for the review and feedback, Jason! We should now be pulling POD's from 10 carriers, with more to be added throughout 2019. We just released a solution to make searching past 90 days more streamlined as well. Let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Rob from American Independent *Division of H&R parts*

Industry: Machinery

This is the best web portal ever!

My overall experience with FV has been wonderful!! It has allowed me to not only restructure my entire freight dept. but it has given me more time with my crew and training people more in depth about different, more complicated aspect of the freight world. i don't have to spend hours a day running quotes or dealing with some company server down that wont allow to use whatever it may be. It has taken the inconveniences of my job and made them much more enjoyable. "CSR" .. whom i like to call the all time FV support analyst has been so good to me and my team over the last year (if it hasn't been a year its been alomst 1) i just wanted to give him/her an extra shout for all the hard work being done!

Pros

This software allows me to save so much time when quoting anything almost going anywhere!! I regularly use about 7 to 10 different carriers.. I like to spread the love and all of them have specific quirks about them that allow me to do so. Opening that may tads and using everyone's website could sometimes take a couple hours to do. Now it takes me 10 min. I provide quotes for things I don't have.. so guesstimating takes time when you need to be right. so wherever i can save the time i will!

Cons

i don't necessarily like that most companies won't allow me to provide an inbound quote.. but that's really all that it is. FV has changed freight shipping for my current and past companies ever since they went live.

Response from Freightview

Replied February 2019

Thank you for the excellent review, Rob! I'll reach out to you directly to confirm where you can do inbound quotes as well. Let me know if anything comes up!

Jacob from Brewers Supply Group

Ease of freight rating and accurate freight rate estimates by our CSR team. This comes to fruition on the back end, as we invoice our customers for freight the day after shipment with a passthrough + 12% markup model. We have to be good at estimating rates w/ all surcharges included upfront so that we aren't losing money on the back when we receive that carrier invoice 1,2, maybe 3 weeks after something ships.

Pros

Ease of implementation, use, training of user teams, and feasibility of mass rollout all make the platform something I would recommend to any future user, or someone doing a cost/benefit analysis on the software. We've been able to leverage it's out of the box functionality to rate freight, mind you, it's used by CSRs with little to no freight or logistics background, for several months and we've seen our ROI almost immediately.

Cons

Unfortunately, due to the FV team working on future improvements, they aren't leveraging their competitive advantage of having carriers plugged into the platform. Explained, in 2020 they're working to roll out more full truckload and parcel improvements that soak all IT bandwidth, eliminating the ability of a shipper to request a new carrier be integrated into their network. This is a downside as having our complete carrier network in Freightview would only add value to our supply chain.

Reasons for Choosing Freightview

Response from Freightview

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the excellent review and feedback, Jacob!

Chuck from Solsource Logistics

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Freightview is a great tool for comparing multiple carrier rates at one time

Pros

For standard quotes, it is a great way to obtain all of your carrier's rates in one easy to use web app. The feature set is constantly growing - there is always something new coming. The detailed breakdown feature is very helpful for determining the cost breakdown of shipments and the proximity to terminal location makes it easy for me to set proper expectations with my customers as to when shipments will pick up.

Cons

There are certain accessorials that are not covered by the software, so occasionally the rates will be inaccurate. There have been times when incorrect rates have been returned by the carrier through Freightview and the level of assistance when discussing the issue with the carrier was not as in-depth as I would have hoped. Sometimes I feel support wants to close the ticket instead of actually helping with the issue.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback Chuck! I'll follow up with you directly around the quotes that returned as inaccurate. Let me know if there's anything else we can do!

Darlene from Western Plastics, Inc.

It has been a great help to our shipping dept.

Easy access to reports, shipments, carriers.

Pros

Easy to pick the best carrier for the load and to generate paperwork and follow shipments. Able to track shipments and review shipments in the past. Easy to add carriers, users and easy to delete the same.

Cons

Reports could be better. I was shocked to find that my data disappears after 60 days. That is not enough time. I need at least 6 months to clear invoices and archive shipments. We have asked for an additional column on report that allows us to put in the actual cost vs quoted cost, but as yet have not gotten that.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review Darlene! We do have a way for you to access your shipment data for as long as your team has used Freightview, and I will send over information on how to do this accordingly. We are getting ready to release our invoicing feature as well, which should allow us to start tracking actual cost vs. quoted cost in the analytics. We will stay in touch as soon as it's released!

Orlando from Carolina Retail Packaging

My experience over the past few years with Freightview has been outstanding. Great product.

Pros

The visibility it gives across multiple company locations. The ability to see multiple tariffs on one page eliminating the use of opening tabs. The ability to create users which on top of increasing visibility cuts down on the inbound calls from outside sales force looking for shipment information.

Cons

Not allowing pickups to be scheduled if it is past a certain time. If you go to a carriers site they will still allow the schedule but may have a popup saying "pickup time after 3pm maybe scheduled for next day". What that does is allow the local terminal to use its own local rules and shipment load to decide if the shipment will get picked up the same day. Need more education with the carriers to not cover up the Pro# generated with the pre-printed Pro# stickers they carry. When this happens of course, we loose tracking.

Response from Freightview

Replied December 2017

Thank you for the review and feedback Orlando!

Alex from American Colors, Inc

Industry: Chemicals

Freightview is very easy to use and has helped our organization simplify our process and save money.

Pros

Very user-friendly and makes analytics on our shipping very easy. Helps with setting up appointments and limits time having to wait to talk to a customer service rep to set up a pick-up. Keeping very detailed shipping history has also helped with our payables department being able to go back and look at quotes very quickly and easily.

Cons

Could have reasoning as to why certain carrier was not chosen. We have had some instances when the site has crashed which has caused some issues. Shipping Hazmat material can be time-consuming because it still forces you to fill out all of the information. Would be easier if you could check a box that would signify that you are using your own bill of lading and could skip the setting up of information you are not going to use.

Response from Freightview

Replied December 2017

Thank you for the great review and feedback, Alex!

Freightview has been a tremendous time saver in quoting, booking, tracking and bill review.

Pros

The software is easy to use, visually appealing and well organized. It allows me to check quotes from many (in my case 12 or more) carriers simultaneously to find my best rate and transit time. Then I can book directly with carrier and instantly create a BOL from the database of information that it saves from my previous entries and provide the BOL to my shipper and the tracking information to my customer effortlessly. All of my shipments are then compiled on one page where I can monitor them easily. When the freight delivers, I can verify the invoice matches my quote and archive the shipment for historical review. Above all the software has saved me countless hours of time and made the shipping process exponentially better. I don't want to leave out that the team at Freightview has been a pleasure to work with.

Cons

There is an occasional hiccup with the site updating the status of a shipment. Currently there is no ability to edit the product catalog but hopefully this will be addressed in an update.

Response from Freightview

Replied December 2017

Thank you for the great review!

Eric from Innovative Energy, Inc.

Excellent Asset For Shipping

Prior to using Freightview for our company, we always had to view every carriers website individually which was very time consuming. Now with Freightview, all of our rates are in one place and we don't have to spend the time clicking onto each website to see our rates. It has saved us a lot of time and allowed us to branch our with regional carriers we would not have normally done business with. The only drawback is that there are occasional system hiccups that can disrupt shipping procedures, but the good news is that customer service is top notch and can typically give you a good idea of when things will be back up and running.

Pros

It's a huge timesaver as we don't have to view each carrier website individually now. It has also allowed us to us local or regional carriers to take advantage of their savings since we don't have to waste our time viewing each website.

Cons

The technology isn't 100% reliable and there is occasional downtime where we are not able to ship our shipments out. This is rare though and seems to be far and few between.

Response from Freightview

Replied February 2017

Thank you for the kind review Eric!

Kimberly from Case Paper Company

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Easy website to naviagate

Saves me a lot of time from reaching out to each carrier individually to get rates and creating manually reports.

Pros

Multiple of rates at once at your finger tips. Easy website to work with. The shipment reports are great and make it easy to share that information internally with co-workers. Analytics allows us to see how much we are spending with each carrier.

Cons

All information input is not transferred over to carriers BOL. Carriers do not report missed pick ups. Transit times are not always accurate if transferring to a partner carrier. Carriers doesn't list that they give to a partner carrier. Unable to get rates for different volumes going to the same address.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review Kimberly! We are unfortuantely limited when it comes to what some of carrier's will allow us to put on their BOL, but I'll be sure we take a closer look at the transit information to make sure we're showing exactly what the carrier's sites are reflecting as well. If there's anything we can do, I'll be sure to let you know!

Chris from PlasticPlace

Very user friendly, fast quoting and many features.

No need to login to 15 different sites to pull freight quotes. Much time is saved since the shipping dept. no longer needs to spend an hour researching the best carrier choice as we now have them all in front of us at once.

Pros

The speed it takes to get all my freight quoting completed. Never need to login to multiple websites for online quoting. I am able to book the load in seconds, print BOL's and shipping labels with pre-assigned PRO #'s fast and easy.

Cons

Several carriers do not support online quoting for certain accessorials. A built in freight class calculator would also help where the suggested class is listed once dims and weight are entered, but allows you to change the class if need be- for instance if you have an FAK with a certain carrier.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the great review and feedback Chris!

Davin from Bel-Aqua Pool Supply Inc

My Experience using Freightview

Overall it is very helpful and simple to navigate and like I said it saves a lot of time when it comes do getting different rate quotes.

Pros

It saves a lot of time when it comes to getting a rate quote, also its very easy to create a bill of landing.

Cons

One thing is that when I create a BOL and if I have hazardous material then I need to break down what is what that i am shipping for example how many pieces are hazardous, whats the weight etc. when it comes to writing my skid count i have to write it in the special instructions and it can sometime change my quote when i submit. Also a few times when I get my rate quotes not all carriers will show.

Response from Freightview

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback Davin! This is something we'll be addressing in the near future. I'll reach out to you directly to discuss our next steps.

James from Northwest Cosmetic Labs

Freightview is a great tool to save time, money, and frustration with a minimum of effort.

Our company has seen significant savings from the ability to quote all of our carriers with a single action instead of the need to call or visit each carriers site. The ability to have the program automatically generate the BOL further adds to the time savings and ease of use.

Pros

Freightview instantly reaches multiple carriers simultaneously for rates and bookings from a single simple interface.

Cons

The one drawback I have been able to find with Freightview is the inability to send automated tracking status. It would be great to be able to receive daily emails showing the tracking status of any shipments still en-route.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the great review James! We will be improving our tracking functionality in the coming months, and will look to add in-transit reporting in the future as well. We'll keep in touch on release updates around this!

David from PES

Industry: Wholesale

Once configured with our frequent carriers, Freightview has been nearly effortless to use.

Saves time quoting; collects important shipping data for pricing negotiation; provides useful information for different functional groups which improves communication and saves time

Pros

Printed bill of ladings with the exact NMFC number, description, class, weight and dimensions. Our product characteristics are stored in Freightview for easy recall in future shipments. This prevents disputes with carriers who use laser dimensional scanners and is much easier on our staff when creating BOL's. I also like the data that is collected. The data dump feature contains all the data for every shipment. This data is invaluable when negotiating rates with carriers. We are able to provide an exact description of our freight and the lanes we ship. Finally, the ease of access for our various departments. It takes seconds for our Accounting team to reprint a BOL if needed. Our Sales team knows exactly where every shipment is and they only have one place to go for the various shipments with all our carriers. The immediate access to information means our Shipping team is focused on loading trucks and not tracking down answers to questions.

Cons

Freightview is great with LTL but does not have the same level of support for spot quotes and full truck shipments with independent carriers. It's a much more manual process that relies on email. It's clunky.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the great review, David!

Kelly from Halsted Corporation

Great for Quotes and Setting up Shipments

Having all of my information in one place.

Pros

I enjoy that I can get freight quotes from the majority of my freight carriers all in one place. It not only cuts down on the time I spend quoting, but also helps me see a quick snapshot of all the rates to get my customers the best freight rate possible. We recently started using Freightview to schedule shipments and so far it has worked out really great! Being able to see all scheduled shipments, PRO #s and delivery progress is extremely valuable.

Cons

There is not too much that I dislike about the software. One suggestion I have would be to be able to not only generate a BOL, but also a packing list and pallet label.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the great review and feedback, Kelly!

Andrew from Road Rescue

Excellent Software

Greatly reduced the time to book shipments. Also, allows us to shop rates between all of our carriers in a single interface that greatly reduces the time to book the best shipments for our particular loads.

Pros

Very simple to use. Our products are very freight intensive and we have to look at each of our carriers to determine who can provide us with the best rates for each load. FreightView took a very manual and slow process and has sped it up tremendously, saving us lots of money directly from the hauls themselves, but also in time spent booking.

Cons

Integrations with standard API's are lacking. The only area that this software can improve is if they are able to pull in existing orders, etc. from back end ERP systems and perhaps even web stores directly.

Response from Freightview

Replied December 2017

Thank you for the great review Andrew! This is something we'll be tackling next year, and hope to be able to provide in the very near future. Please let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Edward from Grosfillex Inc

FREIGHTVIEW TMS - INITIAL REVIEW

We were looking to move to a more user friendly and less costly TMS. After reviewing and trying several TMS products we made the decision to go forward with Freightview. The team at Freightview made the decision easy. They provided several conference calls to make sure what we were going to get is what we were expecting. The trial period is a great feature, because the Freightview TMS is easy to get started with - you can be quoting within an hour or so after you enter your initial carrier information. After we did a demo and testing with several employees, we rolled it out to the rest of our personnel. Everything went very smoothly. What we like about Freightview: - easy to set up - easy to manage - ability to set individual pricing parameters for prepaid shipments (setting a markup) - response time is extremely quick - you normally have your quote in under 10 seconds - multiple carrier set up - spot quoting available for truckloads and volume moves - low cost option for a TMS Our Customer Service team, who provide the freight quotes to our customers, are very happy with the Freightview TMS. It has been a real time saver. Another use we have is to use the TMS quoted pricing where there are disputes with the carrier. We are able to show them what they quoted versus their invoice. The customer service team at Freightview is great to work with. The questions we have had are quickly answered and there is always follow up. The Freightview TMS is a great product. As I mentioned, the trial is very easy to set up, so if you are considering a TMS, I would definitely recommend the Freightview TMS product.

Response from Freightview

Replied November 2017

Ed, thank you for the excellent review. Please let us know if you have any questions, or if anything else comes to mind!

Allen from Raney's

This software has boosted the amount of product going out of my warehouse on a daily basis.

The ease of the software is phenomenal. Customer service is always there to help when i need it as well.

Pros

I have all of my freight carriers in one piece of software. It has streamlined all of my freight shipping. I like the fact that it saves all of my shipments and makes it easy to search for them.

Cons

Some of the carriers do not have their own individual B.O.Ls and some of them seem to not communicate well with this software. There is times when they change the tracking number on their end because Freightviews does not work or does not generate one properly and im stuck having to call to figure out what has happened.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the great review and feedback Allen! We will be improving upon tracking in the coming future. Stay tuned for updates!

Rosemary from GBS Enterprises

Easy to use friendly program

quick reliability

Pros

This software is quick and easy to use for tracking when you need it the most it is there for the customer's questions to be answered in a very timely manner. It also gives all the details needed about the shipment , the trucking company, the amount, the Pro # and the weight, the exact amount of packages and also where the shipment is going or if it was received, etc. This is the best software to immediately give quick responses to our customers who are continually asking for the tracking information on their orders.

Cons

There really is nothing I can say that I would consider a con to this software. I am very satisfied..

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the excellent review Rosemary!

Linda from Kencove Farm Fence

Industry: Farming

Freightview For The Average User

customer service has been fantastic in making some changes we have asked for. There are still a few things that they cannot change and we have had to work around, but over all, if you do a fair amount of shipping with numerous carriers, it is a great tool to use.

Pros

The LTL portion of freightview is excellent. very easy to use, It's one click to schedule and create a BOL. The ease of adding carriers is great. Your price changes take effect immediately because it is pulling directly from your own log in information.

Cons

Brokering out freight through freightview can be a little trying. Your brokers need to be able to receive your freightview emails. This may cause issues when the emails are sent like a spam email. There is also a feature that sends an email when you award your quote to another carrier. This cannot be disabled. It is not a feature we like and we have had to come up with a work around for it.

Response from Freightview

Replied January 2019

Thank you for the great review and feedback Linda! We're going to be making some additional updates to our spot quoting tool soon, and as soon as we do, I'll let you know!

Nick from CLC

Easy and Simple

Our business handles about 5 shipments on an average day, so we are by no means choosing a lot of freight, but we have used other software and they always seemed to be more than we needed. We also wouldn't get the same attention as a larger company using the same system. Freightview is perfect for us though. It couldn't be easier to book a shipment and know you're getting a good deal (since there's no 3PL funny business going on). Customer service and account reps treat you with respect and are extremely quick to respond and always helpful. They listen to the customers and implement features based on our feedback. At the end of the day, the time you save booking shipments equals out the monthly fee and you rarely have to worry about it. In the years I've used this service, i think it's gone down twice.. .for about 10 minutes. In the world of freight, a true 99.99% up time is hard to come by.

Pros

Ease of use and setting up, BOL and Label printing

Cons

I wish it had more analytics built in to the site

Response from Freightview

Replied March 2017

Thank you for the great review, Nick!

Adam from Distributor Wire and Cable

Great, glad to have transparency to shipping.

Pros

- Quick rate quotes and transparency to shipping lanes. - Great Customer support - The ability to make a quick informed decision when choosing a preferred carrier - Strong analytics to support shipping data

Cons

- No ability to create a blank BOL when using a 3rd party carrier - No link to provide real time tracking - No ability to run quotes for hot shot or expedited services - No ability to run quotes for truckload services

Response from Freightview

Replied February 2019

Thank you for the great review Adam! I'll give you a call to discuss some of these features and what we have available now. You should have access to a link to provide tracking, as well as an ability to run expedited and truckload quotes through our spot quote tool. Thanks again for the feedback and remarks!

Nick from Jones Performance Products

Freightview has been a great tool for scheduling freight quickly through a wide variety of carriers.

Freightview has allowed our company to save a vast amount of time by putting a majority of the freight carriers in one location. The ability to generate the BOL's and shipping labels from the site for most shipments have allowed for the freight booking process to go quicker all within one location.

Pros

The Freightview software allows the customers to choose from a variety of freight carriers with a vast amount of shipping options. The ability to select particular shipping options has allowed for accurate cost ratings of shipments. The Freightview system also allows for the printing of most shipping materials and labels to save time.

Cons

The Freightview software lacks the ability to identify the Ship To address as commercial or residential which would help resolve any issues with the shipment rates before the shipment is booked.

Response from Freightview

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the great review and feedback, Nick!

LAQUE from CoMc LLC dba SnapStone

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

FREIGHTVIEW = 5 STAR SOFTWARE

I'm a Logistics Manager at a tile manufacturer. I have been using Freightview for about 1 1/2 years. I am not the kind of person to give a 5 star review unless I really think the product will stand the test of time. I was a skeptic before and now I wouldn't want to do my job without it. I have been 5 star impressed with the customer service. They are always there when I need them and fix any issues quickly. I have made suggestions from time to time & by the next update my suggestions have been added. Everything about Freightview has made my job more efficient & easier. I was able to easily train employees that are not familiar with transportation. All the tools I need are in one spot, making it possible to get more work done in a short amount of time. The reporting functions make monthly & year end books a click and done job. I have been able to reduce my yearly freight cost significantly. I can't even place a value on that. Freightview is a 5 star software.

Response from Freightview

Replied December 2016

Thank you for the great review and your continued business. Freightview

John from SpectraGraphics, Inc.

Industry: Printing

Fast, simple program for shipping LTL

It takes less than a minute to enter the information, select a carrier, and print out the labels and bill of lading. If a particular carrier is running slowly, Freightview tells you that so you can run the rate again if need be. While tracking directly through Freightview isn't necessarily reliable, it's incredibly simple to go direct to the carrier to get the information. Having the delivery receipts available in Freightview is a great bonus, I'm hopeful they will get more carriers on board. Freightview is a young company, with a great team behind it.

Pros

The speed and ease of use were a huge draw in the selection of this software. The ability to schedule pick ups and print all of the required documents is a huge plus.

Cons

Everything post shipment needs a little tweaking here and there. Tracking doesn't follow through with all of my carriers - one in particular shows in transit when it's scheduled and delivered when it's in transit. Auditing works great if all of your accounts match up. If I need to edit an accepted charge the only option is to move it back to outstanding and starting over. The analytics section is limited to a few graphs showing weight and dollars shipped by carrier. This is good, but is not all that useful in negotiating with carriers. An on time graph would be ideal, especially if it contained both on time pick ups and on time deliveries.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the great review and feedback, John!

Keith from Hammonds Candies

Industry: Food Production

Honest Review!

This is the easiest system we have seen by far. Does all the basic shipping functions flawlessly. We really love all those front side features and reporting. However, for our needs we are not able to fully integrate FV into our Sage system which has forced us into another TMS system. It would be great if they had an Integration offering for customers like us.

Pros

By far the easiest TMS out there. We love it! Very streamlined and well thought out for the front end user. We highly recommend for all the basics that a Shipping Department needs. Low cost system. Customer Support is also excellent

Cons

Have not implemented automated carrier freight bill match and approvals (but in progress on this). Unfortunately very limited on full integration into our Sage system via API so we are not able to move forward on this key piece. Would love an option to pay a higher monthly rate or one time setup fee and be able to fully integrate.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the great review and feedback, Keith! Stay tuned for additions to the API in the near future.

Martin from Center Seeds

Industry: Wholesale

If you ship LTL, you absolutely need this software. It saves you tons of time and dollars.

Time savings, cost savings, ease of tracking, accounting. If you book LTL through multiple carriers, then you need this software ASAP.

Pros

Brings together all of our individual LTL accounts into one easy to use interface. Easily view options for time in transit, cost, options, etc to make a knowledgeable decision quickly. From there, you can quickly book the shipment and then after its all done, the bookkeeper can check the quote against the bill weeks later.

Cons

No cons for current services they offer in the software but a nice add would be shipment damage tracking capabilities

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback Martin, I've passed it along accordingly!

LaNeece Lane from All Pro Forks, Inc.

Fantastic time saver!

Freightview has put time back in our day by eliminating the need to check 3 or more sites for freight rates, constantly putting in the same information, not to mention the reduction in general aggravation. It has also put real cash back into our customer's pockets by returning the best available rates (which we may not have found previously). It makes our carriers more competitive and has definitely improved our customer service.

Pros

Freightview allows us to quickly quote and schedule freight to our customers by showing on one screen all of our freight partners with their freight quotes and transit times. This birdseye view gives us the ability to rapidly choose our freight carrier for a shipment or provide shipping choices to our customers.

Cons

It's pretty difficult to find negative things to say about Freightview. If I had to nitpick, I'd say one thing they could do is to automatically calculate freight class based on weights and dimensions. Pretty minor.

Response from Freightview

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the great review and remarks, LaNeece Lane!

Jason from Tao Motor

Simply Awesome

Save a ton of time

Pros

Huge time saver when quoting, scheduling, and tracking shipments. No more logging into several carriers and doing the same thing over and over. Now we just do it one time.

Cons

The biggest thing missing for us is not being able to pull delivery receipts. Another con is that there are a few carriers who do not auto-pro. Along with some data not pulling over on BOL's (SAIA for example the customers phone number does not transfer to SAIA's BOL)

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thanks for the review Jason! Unfortunately we're limited on the fields for SAIA's BOL, but you should see delivery receipts on your shipments soon! Please let us know if anything else comes to mind.

Michelle from Tao Motor

Toa Motor with Freightview

Freightview makes things so much better and easier when we have customers who request multiple quotes. Before Freightview we literally had to open up every page for each carrier and get quoted separately. We deal with over 300 customers in our branch and the best thing we like is that freightview was able to keep track of all of our customers; quotes, contact info, etcs.

Pros

Cons

Tao Motor does not have any dislikes for freightview.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the great review and remarks, Michelle!

Chris from Pierce Sales

Freightview Review from Pierce

This is an amazing application for anyone that's ever used a 3PL and regretted it. We've used several and the benefits have never added up to what Freightview offers. They use YOUR rates for a small monthly fee. No percentages or markups. Dealing with your local freight rep is always the best route for service, but with a 3PL, you lose that. The ease of quoting and creating a BOL through Freightview is the same or easier than any of the 3PLs I've used, but I keep my local reps and all that they offer. The only thing I would like to see is more of the carrier bills of lading, rather than the generic Freightview BOL.

Pros

Ease of quoting BOL generation

Cons

Generic BOLs

Response from Freightview

Replied February 2017

Thanks for the glowing review Chris. I've passed along your suggestions to the appropriate teams. Let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Robert from Premier Flexipac

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Great software and supper easy to use

This service has been one of the most beneficial services we have ever used. As a small business owner it saves us literally hours a day. We can now pull quotes, request pickups, track shipments and keeps our customers happy and informed on their orders. I highly recommend it to anyone that needs to save money and improve productivity. We ship up to 10 shipments a day and we can complete all paperwork within 30 minutes. Their customer service is top notch.

Pros

Easy to use Very cost effective Produces Bills of Ladings, PRO numbers, labels, pickup request numbers, notifies carriers for pickups, track shipments, you can even change Bill of Ladings and cancel pickups

Cons

None

Response from Freightview

Replied February 2017

Thanks for the great review Robert!

Dan from Cascade Wholesale

Industry: Wholesale

A great time saving tool

Time savings. Freight cost savings.

Pros

Quick, Easy, Simple. Requiries little training for new users to do basic rating. It's very easy to add or remove carriers. Freightview support has been very quick to respond when a carrier changes their website.

Cons

I would like to see simplified create pick-up only option. We use in house Bill of Lading and a one touch create pick-up without having to enter any additional information would be helpful.

Response from Freightview

Replied December 2017

Thank you for the great review, Dan! We've recorded your feedback for further consideration, and will be sure to keep in touch as new updates are released. Let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Bethany from Carrom Company

Simply Smart

Pros

I'm new to the logistics industry and Freightview makes me look like a pro. With their supportive staff and innovative technology, Freightview went over and beyond in providing the must have tool for every logistics team. This software was built beautifully and with the customer in mind. Everything from their user friendly interface, easy integration to their built in tracking, printable BOL and labels, and shipping cost analytics; I couldn't imagine doing my job without them.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I've been invited to trial similar software and nothing compares. I'd be happy to write another review in the future, especially since new seasons bring new challenges.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the great review Bethany!

Jennifer from Cycle Force Group

Industry: Wholesale

Saves me time and money!

Working for a smaller company, my role and tasks don't only revolve around booking freight. Because of this, I need any resources available to help me save time. We have been using Freightview religiously for a couple of years now. It is great! It saves me not only time, but money because all of my rates are automatically used so I can see all carriers, rates, and transit times in once easy to use system. I would highly recommend it!

Pros

Easy to use and saves all addresses that I ship to.

Cons

They have glitches sometimes that prevent me from using it

Response from Freightview

Replied February 2017

Thank you for the great review Jennifer! If there's anything else that we can do to improve our platform, please let us know.

Nicholas from Belsom Williams LLC

Excellent, could use some improvements

Pros

Multiple quotes from multiple suppliers, record keeping / accountability for all shipments from multiple suppliers.

Cons

No integration with other systems out of the box, there is an up charge between what is quoted to us and what we would of paid on the shippers website.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the great review Nicholas! Please let me know if you see any discrepancies between the quote you get in Freightview and what you're receiving from the carrier, as we should be matching exactly and without any markup. Please let me know if you would like to discuss our API capabilities in regards to integrations as well, or if there's anything else we can do!

This has made my job allot easier getting freight quotes quickly

we ship allot of products everyday and your software make my job, our job easier. I remember trying to get a freight rate before I used you software and it was really time consuming and difficult.

Pros

User friendly, just all around easy to use. I like that changes you all have made since I first started using this program.. when you need to send a BOL just a couple of click and it's on the way.

Cons

Hum.....can't think of anything....I guess I don't like that you can't change the color of the screen...I like to have darker colors that don't hurt my tired eyes.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the great review and feedback!

Zach from Raney's Inc

It makes rate shipping all of our freight carriers a breeze

Pros

The time and energy saved by being able to access rates so easily in one place. Before there was really no simple way to do this. Another great feature is being able to quickly see which is carrier has the fastest Lanes to the end destination.

Cons

There really is very little that I would change. But if I had to nitpick, it would be nice for each user to be able to see only their rate history instead of everyone's quote history. This is a very minor and not completely necessary thing but would still be nice since we are a big team of people that use this.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback Zach! I'll send you information on where to adjust the quote history so it's only yours. Thanks again for the remarks!

kym from Norwall PowerSystems

Industry: Machinery

Great team and great service

able to quotes all carriers we use and the click of the mouse in seconds we get an answer instead of going to quote each carrier separately.

Pros

Ease of use and support when you need it. Ability to use multiple carriers at the click of a mouse right away.

Cons

Wish you could retrieve older quotes , as often the shipping companies try and bill us later for services we did not have.

Response from Freightview

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review Kym! We will store quote information for all booked shipments done in Freightview so they can be compared to the carrier invoice at your convenience. We'll follow up directly to show where to find this!