What are IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform software through verified user reviews

• icon"The user interface for this software is user friendly and easily adjustable to your needs."
  • icon"Ease of use and support. The support that is provided by the GVP Team is EXCELLENT."
  • icon"This software is powerful, and flexible with features that make it easy to offer superior customer service and in house tactical decisions."
  • icon"Can be frustrating when other members on site aren't using properly. Can be overkill for small yards, but still functional."
  • icon"There are LOTS of times when the shipments drop off of the system, fuel qualities are missing for long periods of times when the information is not loaded in a timely manner."
  • icon"The inability to export charts and reports is a drawback."

Browse all IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform Reviews

• Have you used IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform and would like to share your experience with others?

ian

Industry: Food Production

Global Visibility Platform (GVP)

All in all this is a good system for tracking and reporting of rail cars for Rail Car Fleet management.

Pros

Ease of use, the searching menus are easy to navigate and require little training.

Cons

I wish the reporting functions were a little more flexible on what they could report. I also which the screen s

Reasons for switching to IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform

Etracker was just becoming so outdated that the updates weren't being absorbed by the system.

April

GVP overall

My company is a little different than most when it comes to logistics and being proactive with our fleet and I feel GVP was set up to meet our needs the best way possible.

Pros

The ease of use and flexibility. I can quickly look to see where our equipment is when ever I need to and I like having the ability to set up reports for individual customers that can be adjusted to meet their needs as well as our own.

Cons

I don't like that our railcars do not always show a destination. I realize the CLM comes from Raillinc and there is not always a destination available but it would be nice to get the CLM directly from ALL the railroads with this information. I fond that I have to go to the railroads website a lot to verify where the car is going and I shouldn't have to do that.

Reasons for choosing IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform

My company had a relationship with Intellitrans and we felt it was the best option for our needs.

Reasons for switching to IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform

It was our own internal system and we just didn't have the internal support to keep it in house.

CINDY

Industry: Oil & Energy

Tracking train shipments using GVP

Pros

When the information is updated in a timely fashion it is helpful to track our train shipments coming into our facility

Cons

Response from IntelliTrans

Hi Cindy. Thank you for the review on GVP. You should not lose sight of railcars unless the naming convention is off. I am happy to connect you to your Customer Success Manager to assist.

Replied June 2020

joe

Big Fan Of GVP

Love the Tools, Love the support, and the cost is right. I know too there are additional dashboards available that may be implemented later for enhanced performance.

Pros

This software is powerful, and flexible with features that make it easy to offer superior customer service and in house tactical decisions. It is less expensive than the software we replaced while being more comprehensive, and with better tech support.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints about any of this.

Reasons for choosing IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform

I have used Intellitrans for a decade elsewhere, and knew it would be a great match for what we needed at VTR.

Reasons for switching to IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform

It would be dumb not to. GVP is a superior product at a lower price.

Jeff

Industry: Oil & Energy

Very Easy to Navigate the screens

Overall, I've never really had an issue.

Pros

I found it very easy to navigate from screen to screen. I also like that if I do make an error, there is a phone number to call and usually my issue id resolved in less than 15 minutes.

Cons

After creating a bill of lading, you have to go back out to the Home screen to go to EDI status. After creating the BOL, it would be nice if there was a button on the bottonm of the screen that you could click that automatically takes you to the BOL EDI staus screen.

Rob

Not very user friendly

Our support person/people have always been what saves GVP to me. If they weren't extremely helpful I would push for something else.

Pros

Seems to work well with the rail industry EDI billing

Cons

Not intuitive at all. You really have to know what you're doing to use it. Our support person has to do a lot of work daily because even with billing templates it's not even moderately hard to set up special shipments. It's like you're writing part of the program instead of just using the program.

Clarence

Industrial Rail Operation

Very pleased and highly recommend this product

Pros

Very easy to learn and teach new hires. Has different accessibility levels depending on employee needs. Use of drop down boxes makes it an easy program to use.

Cons

Once the system is installed on your site and has gone live it is difficult and a lengthy process to have additions and/or deletions to the system . Know what you need and want before the system goes live

Reasons for switching to IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform

The old system was maxed out and obsolete

Stay in the know!

Overall, Global Visibility Platform has been very useful.

Pros

Know where your entire fleet is with a click of a button. Not to mention, working with their team to develop/improve the software is easy!

Cons

It can take a bit to learn to run the right reports. Also, users have the ability to change things that you may or may not want them to update. Ensure they have the right administrative rights.

Debbie

Using GVP

GVP is a very useful tool to maintain our fleet information.

Pros

GVP makes it easy to search for shipments and track movements. Information maintenance is quick and easy.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to do bulk updates to data.

Jack

Industry: Plastics

TransCore

I recommend your service to resin producers and converters alike

Pros

I can track our supply of materials in the pipeline to each of our locations. Helps us assure the supply and prepares us take actions should there be a delay.

Cons

I am sure there are features we have yet to explore. However, using this platform to track ocean, container and truck freight would be a dream.

Reasons for choosing IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform

Being integrated from the rail tracker hardware through Software as well as your positive attitude (back in 2014) towards working with us on a new opportunity for both of us.

Libby

Best Ever

Helps determine a more actual forecasting calendar for shipments and delivery of my product

Pros

Ease of manipulating information very accurate information

Cons

Somehow my email address was deleted from all of the Intellitran emails I receive was not happy with not getting my information had to go thru transportation administrator to re upload my email address to all my clients information . Just a small inconvenience. But all is good now.

Dave

Great Program for Accessing Information Across all Rail Companies

Pros

Excellent detailed information about car movements across all railroads. Especially helpful when the shipment is handed off between several railroads.

Cons

I wish there was more history - sometimes I like to go back several years for shipping time trends and the history is limited.

Lesley

GVP is GREAT!!!!

Tracking and Tracing our fleet is so easy now, especially with the map to see where your cars are currently located

Pros

Ease of use and support. The support that is provided by the GVP Team is EXCELLENT!!!!!

Cons

That it logs you out after a while of sitting idle. I would like to see it keep you logged in.

Ana Karina

Industry: Chemicals

This platform is very functional to keep an accurate track of all the railcars

Most of all the track of all the railcars in one place, it is easier than cheking the different railroad websites, also the staff is very helpful.

Pros

Practical, You can customize it to your needs. You can send reports

Cons

Sometimes I'd like to learn more about the plattform so I can take more advantage of it.

Gvp

I wish there is a app that I can download on my phone and use it whenever I want and I think it will be efficient for my company.

Pros

Able to navigate where the location of the equipmemt and what sequence it was.

Cons

The design and the look of the website. I wish they would make an app for the phone.

Industry: Chemicals

Great product for managing rail fleet

Pros

GVP allows for a lot of customization to get the job done. Also the built in suite of functions are well-designed for all the fleet managing needs.

Cons

It would be great if there was a way to represent the rail fleet locations in a more visible way. Right now, it just shows the latest mile marker. Instead, it would be great if there was a MAPS feature to show where your railcars are.

ROBERT

GVP ALLOWS EASY TRACING

We are using GVP to trace cars and customer shipments

Pros

Cons

The system could be a bit faster when looking to run reports.

Gary

GVP user

I use it to communicate my switch to Cando. Easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use. User Friendly. Customer support is great.

Cons

I have no issues with GVP. Easy to use..

Kurt

GVP

Pros

Track and trace is very easy to use and customizable.

Cons

Historical shipments are a little haphazard as the dates are all over the place.

Anita

Industry: Food Production

GVP Review

Overall experience is Great

Pros

easy access to some and all the accounts

Cons

To many clicks to have to get the information.

Jonathan

Industry: Chemicals

Good Tracking System with alot of features.

I really haven't had any issues with GVP. The more you use it, the more you will learn about different ways to find the information you are looking for.

Pros

There are a lot of options that can be done from the previous tracking system.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a training document available to understand all the different uses of this system. It would also, be nice if the weights could be converted from KG to lbs.

They site switched from C rail to GVP

Francine

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Customs Tracking purpose

It does serves our purpose and it is user friendly

Pros

I may not be the most pertinent person to complete this review. I usually use it when we have request from Customs regarding railcars crossing the border. We need this in order to know which railcars are related to what reference number and the location of the specific railcar.

Cons

I have no cons to provide at this time. Nothing to complain about

Sean

Tracing made easy

I'm a casual user but have been happy with the product.

Pros

User friendly with good information and data.

Cons

One thing I wish it did was confirm a response when inquiring on a HOT car. This may be a function of the Intellitrans user putting a text note note in the system confirming receipt.

Laura

Good tool

Pretty good!

Pros

I think it is easy to use and understandable. I train new CSR's and this is one of the easiest tools to train a new employee on.

Cons

I can't hit enter to move on once info in entered. I have to use the search button.

Jill

Industry: Mining & Metals

Ease of use

So far all is good!

Pros

I like the ease of use of GVP, you do not need to maneuver throughout the site to find what you need.

Cons

As I am fairly new to the site, still learning it.

IntelliTrans Global Visibility Platform