• Pros

• "Easy to use, flows and clear path to implementation. "

• "it is very simple to use and helpful to have all the information in the one spot"

• "It's really easy to setup and use. It gives you just the right information about your products and the automatization of any changes you make in processes is very useful and convenient."

• Cons

• "My only issue is that it is slightly expensive for a small company. "

• "While they're super responsive to feature requests, Katana doesn't include an API or Hook."

• "When creating purchase orders, it can generate a Bill in Quickbooks. This is helpful, however I'd love to be able to create a Purchase Order in QB so that I can simply track them all."

Browse Katana Reviews

Gaz from port80

I learned this product by using it; few hints from the online help. I decided on day one to keep it

I can now run my business without spreadsheet hell. I can actually make more product. This is not an exaggeration. I was stressed before using this software. I actually could not work out what I needed to order to satisfy our production demands.

Pros

It answers my questions easily, what purchase orders do I need to make to satisfy the orders I have coming in. What should I work on next and when will it be ready for the customer! I can see delays in deliveries and the effect on production. It manages very complex bill of materials for our vast number of products. and it does so with a user experience that is simple and easy.

Cons

Where there has been anything I didn't like about the software, I chat instantly to the development team and they listen, they come back to me with an instant work around; then in the longer term they have provided updates that fix the problem. They are an adorable bunch of people and really want to make this work for our busy little workshop.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Thank you Gaz for all the support!

Chris from Aztech Energy

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers

Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

Pros

I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

Cons

There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Elle from Wood & Wax Co

Cannot recommend this app enough

Honestly has changed my life for the better. I'm no longer running out of supplies and having to do emergency orders (hello, extra shipping fees!). This keeps me organized and helps me to better my time management. I can see every open order that I need to fulfill and planning out supply orders is a breeze. I've recommended this app to every other maker I know because I am that in love with it. I'll use this app for the rest of my life because it is the best thing that's happened to my business in a long time.

Pros

This software legitimately changed the way my business runs. It keeps me accountable for the hundreds of supplies I use on a daily basis and keeps me organized in a way that no lists, or other apps, ever have.

Cons

I can honestly say nothing, this app works so seamlessly and wonderfully. Maybe the load speeds can be a little laggy, but that's mostly because I have a lot of materials I've input. Definitely not an app downfall or issue at all.

Reasons for Choosing Katana

I couldn't find a single other product that did what Katana does. It integrates seamlessly with Shopify and being able to input and track recipes is what I needed most.

I dont understand all the great reviews

Pros

The interface is intuitive. The pricing seems okay.

Cons

This software is seriously lacking features. For all those who wrote reviews saying they love the software, I want to know what industry they work in and how they use the app. It doesnt offer very basic features. You can't bulk edit, you literally need to upload an excel sheet if you want to change several products. There are no images for your products. How does it not support images? This is basic database stuff. And currently, you can only manufacture items from one location! Who's rating this software as great?!

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

As a fast growing software, we understand the concerns you have with Katana. At our current development speed, all of the mentioned lacking features are made available by the end of this year. Hope you will give us another chance!

Brandon from Master Plan Industries LLC

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Perfect for where we're at right now

We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

Pros

It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

Cons

There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

Reasons for Choosing Katana

We tried the 14-day trial of Katana while still paying for Odoo and were able to get everything set up in the time it took to solve a single problem with Odoo. We immediately made the switch after that.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied February 2020

Danny from AQ1 Systems

Great alternative MRP to its expensive competitors

Katana has completely solved our supply line issues and it is an amazing tool that enables you to visualize production issues and bottlenecks.

Pros

I love graphical representation and its ease of use. It took less than a week to get my company up and running. Katana has been a fantastic MRP that has been able to grow with us. They have added some important updates that have made its daily operation even easier. All things considered Katana was a great choice for my company!

Cons

Sometimes it slows in operation which is mildly annoying. This could probably be fixed with some more servers in our geographic region.

Kelsey from Appa Life Co.

Lifechanging

We make to order and we make to stock. We make standardized products and we also make private label custom products. Katana is the first platform I have found that supports what we do while also being affordable for a new business.

Pros

Katana delivers a lot of value. It fully covers my MRP needs while being affordable to a scaling business.

Cons

I would also like an option to dropship the products that I make for clients and I don't see a way to do that.

Reasons for Choosing Katana

Better functionality for custom made products. More affordable.

Cecilia from CT LAB

Katana Make Production Visible

It has been a very positive experience, putting joy in my work.

Pros

I love this software because of the ease of use and the workflow methodology. The drill down ability for stock and manufactured items are great. We have managed to get a lot more information on staff productivity through exporting complete manufacture orders data and reporting. I also love it that support is real and that I now know some of the team personally. They answer queries fast and efficiently.

Cons

All the current issues I have are in development. For example: 1. Adding landing costs to purchase order items 2. Multi Currency 3. Back Order information

Reasons for Choosing Katana

We were using Evolution at the time and were really struggling to get real-time data. We converted to XERO as an accounting package but needed stronger manufacturing software. A friend recommended Katana and after a demo at her office, and a online real-time demo with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Katana, I was sold. (It was impossible to get a demo that suited my schedule from the other app's we considered. That already made me very concern) We decided on Katana and am glad to see their dedication and growth as a company.

Great Inventory Software

Knowing the real numbers of what I have in stock, what I need to order, how much it will cost me, and how much profit I will accrue is essential for making it to next year. In Katana, these figures are easy to find and keep up with. If I have a question, support is quick to respond and helpful. They are a great company to deal with!

Pros

The simple progression from Items to Buy, Make, and Stock to Sell makes it easy for me to maintain best practices in tracking my inventory. The flexibility in making stock adjustments made transitioning easy from confusions in my previous software into an ongoing accounting of what I have. Likewise, integrating with Shopify and Quicken was seamless.

Cons

A more complete inclusion of customer information from Shopify would be useful.

Lisa from Gutsy Goodness

Met our needs at beginning, as needs grew Katana team listened and added features

We maintain about 1500-2000 SKUS and all assemblers work at home. Some do different steps, returning work weekly and then having it distributed to the next person. Giving every MO an actual number has kept every bag of parts and supplies organized. We can track who has it, where it's at in the manufacturing process, etc. Even though we have used Katana since January, it's the last 3 months that it's really proven it's value to us. We do not use it for order fulfillment, just in-house manufacturing. But it's allowed us to prep for holiday season from July forward and stay completely organized and efficient. No more "where-did-it-go" or "how-many-have-we-prepped" frantic moments. We began the year knowing we needed a software that "fit" our company's size and our needs. Katana has proven invaluable for our company this year. We are currently doing our first complete inventory and we hope to add these numbers to Katana in 2020 and continue to improve our efficiency.

Pros

The ability to use Resources as a way to assign a specific person to each task so I can see who is working on what step of the manufacturing process and the allotted time they are provided for the task. This year we went from contract labor/paid-per-piece to employees/hourly-wage and Katana has made this a much smoother transition then it could have been. Having both "cost-per-piece" for assembly of items as well as "cost-per-minute" has given us the ability to compare former payment procedures with what to expect per hour from employees.

Cons

There are a variety of tasks that were unable to be done when we began using Katana in January 2019 but I am thrilled to say that most of them have been developed. The developers listen and are very attentive to requests, bug reports, and ideas and so despite the fact that some of the features were not available (exporting reports, importing recipes, bulk print MOs/pick lists, etc.) they have added these and the software continues to grow. The next feature I'd love to see is the ability to have a product photo attached to each product that prints out an image with the MO. Also, we have some items "on hold" (not sent to distribution center yet) and we use Resources to specify ONHOLD-BIN221 etc. to know the status of any particular SKU completed. We'd prefer not to use different locations, but rather have the ability to add a couple more "status" options. Either a misc or a custom. For now, everything on hold gets marked BLOCKED status and then the Resource is used to say it's on hold in whatever bin.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied February 2020

Thank you for very thorough feedback! Love to have you growing with us!

ELLOWYN from Foxen Canyon Soap Company

Great choice for small manufacturer

I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

Pros

Very simple user-interface Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently Continual feature upgrades Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks Very responsive customer service Detailed, but not overwhelming

Cons

The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly. There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

Reasons for Choosing Katana

Erpag was about the same price at the time and had a few extra features that I liked (barcode integration for example), but the user interface was just really clunky. It reminded me a lot of my days in 90's Windows. Lots of tabs and block colors. When I added a demo set of data in, it didn't seem too difficult to use, but it just wasn't intuitive to me.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Joshua from Quality Cage

Industry: Warehousing

The best for small manufacturing

Pros

KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable. Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

Cons

Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

Danielle from Dawson Knives LLC

Helped Us Take Our Business to the Next Level

Pros

Clean interface, well organized and thought out and modern in its features. Integrates well with lots of other software I use, including Quickbooks and Shopify. Customer service is absolutely top notch, and the tutorials are very helpful.

Cons

If you have zero experience with MRPs like I did, it may take you a little while to figure everything out. But the customer service team really goes above and beyond to answer any questions and walk you through anything you're having issues with. If there was one feature I wish was available that is not currently, it's barcode scanner integration. That would make updating my inventory and adding new knives to inventory much easier.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review and support! We are surely working on enabling barcode scanning soon.

Shawn from Caesar Squeezers

Inventory and Sales Simplified

Excellent. Everything about using Katana has been great. The team there walked me through the product and helped me set it up. They answer questions quickly and personally. The product is as-described and thoroughly game-changing for my business. There is strong value, we have much less waste and mistakes in our ordering now.

Pros

I love the deep inventory tracking and that it feels like a modern app. Inventory software is typically painful to use, and Katana is a breeze. I love that Shopify sales are automatically imported and function live with Shopify, so when you fulfil an order in Shopify it automatically fulfils it in Katana. The Quickbooks integration makes generating invoices simple. You only have to do things once when you use Katana, there's no need to fill in the same info in different services over and over. Tracking inventory in Katana in multiple locations, and being able to include the ingredients of each product in the tracking is also a plus.

Cons

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Glad to hear your feedback on Katana! Let's keep on growing together!

Kyle from Range Leather Co.

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Streamline Any Business With KATANA

The customer service is honestly the best customer service I have ever experienced. They are quick to respond, clear at explaining, very knowledgeable of the software, and great to work with. Rep even made me videos walking me through the parts of the process that were hanging me up.

Pros

The ability to streamline production, inventory and invoicing is a huge time saver and really helps with organization. I feel it is a great value for the money that you are spending and it

Cons

There is quite a bit of setup to get everything up and running and everything really functions together. This is not Katana's fault and they really have made it easy. Once everything (materials, products, production recipes) are set up, it runs like a charm.

Reasons for Choosing Katana

I didn't know I needed it until I saw all the features that it provided.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Andrew from Elektra Coatings LTD

Industry: Chemicals

A nessecary tool

Mainly we have had a good experience, the system is updated to try and make it fit every company model. It has helped me monitor our business and stock levels closely, you just have to make sure it is kept up to date so that it accurately reflects your current stock levels.

Pros

Helps keep track of work stock if used correctly. Updated regulary. We had an issue where there was not enough decimal places for us to input our formulas, we raised this issue and within a month it was fixed. Allows me to quickly find out a customers purchasing history and the percentage profit made per product

Cons

My only issue is that it is slightly expensive for a small company.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied February 2020

David from Trekano Lifestyle Autofit

Katana for manufacturing

Lots of potential Katana, it a emerging system sure it doesn't have the xero integration in play atm but like my own business Katana is also growing so I like that I have partner with a operating system that going through similar growing pains as we are. if you have a manufacturing process you wish to have better control of I recommend exploring this system.

Pros

I have been operating my business using excel, xero, monday.com and email. After searching for a system that could centralise my focus I came across Katana which in essence consolidates all the previous mentioned systems into one interface which saves me a tonne of time. secondly the customer support, I have had a lengthy skype call with Hannes who is a founder of Katana where by he provided a demo session of how the software will be suitable for my business needs. I really valued to the bespoke service which ensured I got off to the right start.

Cons

The intergration to Xero is in development but this has been the most noteable con to date, that said Katana is working on this and it should be available shortly

tick all boxes for us.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied November 2019

Thank you David for sharing your experience we are happy to grow with you!

Lucille from Venupia R&D LLC

Industry: Cosmetics

A must for any manufacturing startup

Katana has been an absolute game changer for our cosmetics manufacturing business. Prior to this, we were using an inventory management system more suited to home crafters. It was woefully inadequate for our needs, but traditional MPR software was too complicated and expensive. Katana offers the perfect balance between powerful, seamless tracking and a user-friendly interface. It saves us hours of planning time each week and has greatly reduced errors. There's no way we'd be able to scale our quickly-growing business without this software.

Pros

Intuitive, user-friendly interface and powerful, seamless inventory tracking.

Cons

We don't like the per-user pricing model.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Thank you for showing the love!

Alexander from Hart Print Inc.

Industry: Printing

Perfect choice for small manufacturing company

We are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.

Pros

+ Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used. + Price structure. Very affordable for us. + Customer support.

Cons

- Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

Reasons for Choosing Katana

The simplicity of the interface + price point

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Alejandro from Caballero Wear

The software we've been searching for!

Katana makes it easy to take our manufacturing to a new level by adding structure that will end up saving time and ultimately saving money.

Pros

Easy to use, flows and clear path to implementation.

Cons

Would like to see Multi-languages and currency options.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied October 2019

Julie from Garden Path Homemade Soap

Easy to use, helps tremendously with inventory management.

Inventory management, orders, sales, everything in general.

Pros

The dashboard is simple to understand and use. It makes purchases, sells, orders so much easier to manage. The team behind Katana is exceptional. They are quick to answer and always ready to help. Integration from shopify was easy.

Cons

The length of time it took to setup in the beginning because the app was lacking a unit conversion which they have since fixed.

Reasons for Choosing Katana

Easier integration and communication.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

THank you for the feedback and happy to hear Katana has made business-life so much more easier for you!

Zach from Cursed Crypt

Incredible product and support

Pros

We tried several ERP systems for our manufacturing business without a lot of luck. Katana, without question, is one of the best and more affordable options we've come across. Coupled with their incredible support, we wouldn't recommend anything else.

Cons

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review! We will be working on opening an API very soon.

Zach from Dutton Brown Design

Great Value for Small Manufacturing Businesses

The overall experience has been a positive one. It does well what is promised, and the support team is helpful while also listening to feedback for future improvements.

Pros

The price makes Katana most attractive. It is also intuitive to set up and use. Katana also provided helpful onboarding assistance.

Cons

The software is a bit limited with respect to features for or customization of PO's.

Reasons for Choosing Katana

Price and ease of onboarding.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

Thank you for reviewing Katana!

Valentina from Dulceria Aztlan Limitada

Katana

It's been really helpful to keep track of our production and inventory. Once was very useful to check out margins considering operation, but this info got confused at some point, so we are trying to resolve it so we can once again trust what appears on the software.

Pros

Cons

I've encounter a lot of bugs that are quickly fixed, but interfere with projects and daily work. The margins and costs info is a little untrustworthy and hard to read when looking for errors. The software doesn't consider quantity of people actually making the production, only hours, so if we work with extra hands is really hard to setup time lines for our weekly throughout.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the feedback! I can assure we are constantly working on having less errors on daily basis!

Winston from CT Lab(Pty)

Katana

Katana have changed how we look at our stock management as well as our manufacturing. A lot of the small important things were neglected in the past like wastage management. We can know give the subcontractor near accurate qty's and amounts of what was wasted on a batch. Overall visibillity of the stock as well as the manufacturing process have improved. We are very happy with the overall functionality of Katana.

Pros

The fact that Katana is always available and so easy to navigate with saves time. Our requests for new features like back order handling, serial number tracking and multi currency and warehousing some of them already implemented and some coming soon. The fact that we response fairly quickly on questions that we have submitted.

Cons

It was probably moving over from a well known package like Pastel Evolution to something not familiar to me; but the transition was seamless.

Reasons for Choosing Katana

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

Happy to hear your feedback and that the transition has gone well!

Paddy from Enibas

Great software with an amazing user interface

Pros

- User interface - Ease of use - Set up was straight forward

Cons

- Lacking a few features but they are expanding and often adding new features

Reasons for Choosing Katana

In the end it was the software that stood out, having done a demo with Fred we were satisfied with everything.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review. And, indeed, we are on weekly basis adding new features :)

Perfect for what we needed

This program has helped us in so many ways. It has already saved me money by reminding me of materials Im running low on that come from the same company I might be ordering from. It is tracking all of my different materials, which in itself is a big job. I'm really enjoying being able to see everything layed out as far as materials and time it takes and profit percentage right there so clearly.

Pros

Inventory tracking, maufacturing orders vs sales orders

Cons

The only thing I would suggest as a change would be to maybe add wholesale and retail pricing for the same product item.

Reasons for Choosing Katana

I don't remember the exact other programs i was considering but the biggest difference is that Katana had everything, from manufacturing to sales. My company does both and most other programs didn't work for selling and manufacturing it was either or.

Todd from Southern Switch & Contacts.

Industry: Machinery

Machine Shop Inventory COntrol

Pros

I own a small, specialized machine shop and previously we have not had any inventory control or planning systems. When a customer called for a part, we went to the inventory and look at how many we had, if it was short we quickly ordered material and rushed there manufacturing to meet the order. Katana has given us visibility into our inventory supply as well as provided invaluable insight into our planning and work scheduling. Additionally it has helped identify areas for improvement in our workflow. Katana is an excellent app for managing inventory and processes.

Cons

We would like to be able to set stock up to quantities so that once the minimum stock is reached the software advises how many to make/purchase.

colm from skelligs chocolate

MRP for sme's

This software has been a great leap forward for us from an excel based system and it is easy to use. using this system (< 6 months, Jan 2020) we have already seen improvements in planning production, stock control and costings.

Pros

The Katana MRP interface is very easy to use and the steps are logical with help integrated into each section. The access to the knowledge base is good and the support team are efficient.

Cons

This is a relatively new software system (a couple of years old) and it is still rolling out new features, so my only (minor) point is that they don't have every aspect I need for my business and the cost for extra users is a little higher than I would have liked.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review! Indeed, we are rolling out new features on weekly basis and closing the gap between Katana and perfection.

Tommy from Nordic Ice Coffee

Katana is a must-have for all startups that handle inventory and their own production.

Setting up an entire supply chain with little or no experience can be difficult, but Katana has made it straight forward. We've not only learned to control our production much better, but we also managed to improve from the understanding we gained.

Pros

If you use Shopify, than you can easily integrate and sync with Katana. As a very valuable side-effect we got a MUCH better understanding of the overall production activities and their cost. Katana also helps you with reminders of when to purchase certain items in order to keep your delivery dates.

Cons

As someone who have not been in control of production and inventory before, I would have appreciated a free trial that where 4 weeks and not 2 weeks. That said, we asked for some extra time and we got a longer test period.

Robert from Krystalshield & Shield Chemicals

Industry: Chemicals

Easy To Use

Before Katana we had our inventory and orders etc in different spreadsheets and systems. we where always miscalculating what stock we had and had to double and some times triple entry on all. we discovered Katana and now its all in the one system that is easy to use.

Pros

Cons

i cannot think of anything that i did not like

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the feedback and kind words!

Justin from Parting Stone

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Katana

Pros

Ease of use with material inventory and production task management.

Cons

Katana pulls order information from Shopify, and the info as it appears in Katana is always rearranged and never in the same order.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review! Regarding Shopify orders appearance - just wanted to let you know we are working to improve the user experience on this!

Robert from Yoggiebear Limited

Katana

Workflow was a problem for us as was keeping track of raw materials - Katana solved both of these on day one!

Pros

The ease of setup to a non-ERP user was great and support team always willing to help

Cons

Minor enhancements like customising documents produced and report Paramus/filters neon saved

Reasons for Choosing Katana

Ease of use and user interface

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

Beryl from The Herbal Horse cc

Industry: Veterinary

Katana

On time ordering, not running out of stock, being aware of all aspects of the business.

Pros

It is the only product I have found which helps run my entire process from purchasing raw materials to selling end products.

Cons

It sometimes gets complicated. Luckily, support is good.

Reasons for Choosing Katana

Better suited to my company.

Laszlo from Scolia Technologies Kft

User friendly inventory and manufacturing management solution for small companies

Pros

The best thing about Katana is that you can follow the whole process of manufacturing. We have tried many similar softwares but they usually lack some crucial components in the manufacturing pipeline. The user interface is extremely easy to use, and their customer support is extraordinary, too.

Cons

It is quite costly, but it is definitely worth the price.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the kind feedback! We always try to provide more value for money and Katana's features keep evolving in time to make an even better impact on your manufacturing and inventory operations.

Tim from Loch Effects

Sell what you make

Helps us manage our complicated manufacturing and synch into Shopify to easily manage order fulfilment.

Pros

Good setup for small manufacturers who sell what they make on Shopify. Easy to use and they are always improving functionality. Great support.

Cons

Poor batch controls at first but they have addressed that mostly.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied October 2019

Thank you for the feedback! Regarding the batch controls - it's coming very soon!

Jennifer from Holley and Sage LLC

Loving it so far

It's really helped me run my business and the team is very helpful with any questions and concerns.

Pros

I am able to organize the production of my "made to order" orders. I used to just use excel sheets and this is so much easier to use and manage since it imports the orders from shopify!

Cons

It's still new so there are some features that are little hard to use and some features I wish it had that it doesn't

Response from Katana MRP

Replied October 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are trying to do the most to get you up and running + keep supporting you all the way through your journey with Katana.

Charmayne from Evergreen Telemetry

As Described, Easy to Use

Pros

Product is as described, mostly. Easy to use. Has made a big difference in sorting orders and tracking inventory. Reasonably priced for a small business. There is a lot to the software program, and we are still learning, but customer service is always available to assist in answering any questions, and so far each employee that has used it, agrees that it is easy to navigate through.

Cons

Lacking a few features but they are expanding and often adding new features.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied February 2020

THank you for the support!

Kristjan from Nord Homes OÜ

Easy to use manufacturing software

Pros

Once you understand the structure of the software and the solutions it offers, it gives you simple, but useful overview of your production process. It is easy to use as a team as well.

Cons

Since the software is made for a very wide range of products manufacturing, there were not as many options we would specifically needed for our prefab timber house production process, but after a period of time, there has been many updates and additional options added to the software.

Henri from Sports Media ZA

Overall great experience with Katana - Available features still need some work but great app overall

Supper easy Material and Production planning for our workshop

Pros

Very User-friendly and great customer support. The team are clearly hungry to add features and are always willing to listen to user feedback. Gives great Manufacturing planning at a fraction of the cost and complexity of large ERP's

Cons

Feature list still needs maturing - especially ability to draw reports, and interface the system with real-world workflows (Example - Ability to export lists, or print MO's)

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience with Katana!

Philippe from Mood Collection SA

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Katana does the job

With Katana, I could implement all our very special "recipes" we use to create our products as well as easily manage our inventory of raw materials as well as finished goods. The integration is seamless with Shopify, which is what we needed. Very good product!!

Pros

All the features I need to manage our manufacturing and inventory for our Shopify stores is in this app ! Easy to use.

Cons

It is a bit slow at times and the creation of product recipes is a lengthy process.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied January 2020

Roberto Maurizio from PRIYATECH SRL

Katana Mrp is an excellent platform for managing our company warehouse.

Thanks to Katana I can always manage the materials and products of my warehouse in the best way and keep the purchases and sales under control.

Pros

It is easy to learn and to use and in case of need the support is always ready to solve any problem. Absolutely recommended.

Cons

It is a young project and therefore some features are to be implemented, but there are no shortcomings that make the platform unusable.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Thank you for taking the journey to grow together! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Every small manufacturer should give it a try!

Katana brought the long-awaited structure to my small manufacturing business. I have not missed a delivery deadline since!

Pros

The features that I really like about KATANA: -A good inventory control -Visual production schedule -Automated re-order points -Great customer support

Cons

I can't say that there were any big cons for me. ;)

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Happy to read that you have gained so much from using Katana! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Great piece of software, perfect for small-medium size businesses actually producing stuff

lot of time saved, and organizational headaches removed

Pros

The team provides awesome support, listens to feedback and act on it fast + the interface is clean and easy to use

Cons

Some features are still missing but are due to be released in the coming weeks. But even as it is right now it's already above other offerings.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback and journey with Katana!

Danny from Titan Metal Works Sdn Bhd

Ease of use

Katana helped me to move my team from using Excel-based planning to a web-based platform. It is easy to use and was easily adopted by my team. Team Katana has been helpful in proving some work-around for some features not available in Katana.

Pros

Katana is an easy to use platform that suits most of my needs for planning and scheduling.

Cons

Allow partial delivery for a Sales Order

Andrew from Blazing Bull, Inc.

Incredible MRP System!

Pros

I absolutely love Katana and the integrations it have. It allows data to pass through seamlessly and allows my production team close and ship orders directly.

Cons

Not many Cons to Katana, I feel like they may be missing a few small features but I have spoken to them and they have said they are in the works!

Response from Katana MRP

Replied February 2020

Thank you for the kind feedback!

Austin from Valhalla Scientific

Simple, Straightforward Manufacturing Integration

Pros

Fast, powerful, easy to learn, with a clean and consistent connection to QuickBooks Online. Great user interface and robust support materials.

Cons

It can be a bit pricey, starting at about $100 for the first user, but it’s been worth it. I’d like to see native, integrated barcoding support.

Sara from The Nude Alchemist

Wish we had discovered Katana sooner!

Great for stock and inventory management, we are not running out of things now that everything is logged into Katana.

Pros

It has helped our business dramatically with speed and efficiency, increasing workflow.

Cons

That you have to pay extra to add more users.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Sara, thank you for the great feedback!

Orion from The Black Travel Box

Great Materials Management Tool

Pros

Lots of inventory apps out there but none are as solid on the materials management side as Katana. Its definitely added value from day one with materials management, out of stocks, and building flexible bill of materials. I can see my costs with real time averages and finally take tangible benefit on my balance sheet for finding cost efficiencies month over month.

Cons

It struggles to integrate with Shopify as efficiently as we need and the features tend to be a bit oversold by the team. We've found gaps in functionality each month that we've had to build process around.

helps you keep your business ahead of the game

It has taken burden away for me that i didn't even realize i had. My confidence in succeeding is high instead of low

Pros

I am shocked at how easy this software was to setup and use, It has been a blessing for taking care of inventory which i was my biggest headache.

Cons

I'm a little slow with technology, so it took me a little longer than most to get the hang of despite it's ease of use.

Response from Katana MRP

Replied September 2019

Thank you a lot and glad to see you have benefitted from our easy onboarding!