All OptimoRoute Reviews

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Amazing product with great custoemr support

Amazing product. Very flexible design and allows us to customize very easily.

PROS

Route Optimization. Driver APP, Driver on the way text. Automated assignment of drivers

CONS

Wish the software has the capability of handling multiple timezone within one account, We had to create multiple accounts for different timezone

Hi there, What an amazing review! We love hearing our app is easy to use and very flexible. As you might know, we do support multiple time zones in a single account, but there are a few special cases like yours where having multiple accounts gives you the best results. If you'd ever like to explore other planning options, feel free to reach out to us at support@optimoroute.com or +1 855 338 2838. We've got new features coming regularly, so be sure to keep an eye out by following us on social media!

Replied October 2022

R.W.

Farming, 2-10 employees

Making us look good!

This has honestly been a great software platform for our business. We looked at many competitors and options but Optimo Route was the best. Had all the features and more and the cost we right in line for a start up business. We will recommend this platform to everyone and appreciate the experience we have had so far.

PROS

We appreciate that this software has a tracking option and communication protocol. In the farming and delivering business communication is key and we are able to communicate with our customers and differentiate us from our competitors. Easy to use and very robust for the amount of money we pay. A great value.

CONS

We are not aware of how to integrate Optimo Route with our Wix E-Commerce platform. Integration would really help us save time but we don't know how to do this. We would like to have a better HELP or Support option in Optimo Route.

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

More features and benefits for the price and we are able to customize in the future. Easy to add drivers and we got a great trial offer without having to buy it yet.

Reviewed March 2019

does the job but could be a lot better

Customer service is very good and fairly responsive, but the product itself is unimpressive.

PROS

It's the best we could find, and it does the job well enough.

CONS

There are a number of improvements that could be made to this software, too numerous to recount here. And while the entire industry suffers from this, the fact that it's not married to live traffic data makes the software basically useless in terms of tracking driver effectiveness. Essentially this software is slightly better than just doing it through a spreadsheet.

Companies see huge improvements over manual planning with our software. If you haven't seen similar gains, perhaps we can suggest a workflow which will get you great results automatically. What's different about OptimoRoute is we have many features like overnight, weekly and multi-day long haul planning, and many other features that other programs don't have. If you want to know more, please contact us at support@optimoroute.com.

Replied April 2019

Rebecca

Groceries Delivered

Overall we are very satisfied with the performance of the software.

PROS

Drivers save time using the software and it ensures customers that their groceries are on their way. The fact that it integrated easily in to apple phones is great. Also helpful that you can download reports, and the driving delivery schedule.

CONS

Sometimes it is hard to know where to go if you need to make unexpected changes in a hurry. For instance if a driver needs to switch their navigation app or if you need to edit some stops.

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

The Optima-Route software was easily integrated and easy to learn. When we reached out to Locus there weren't any clear ideas as to how much it would cost. The people who did get back to us from Locus were vague and made it seem as though everything had to be customized and it seemed way out of our budget. We didn't have time to waste and OptimoRoute was found searching on the internet and so glad we found it.

Cheryl

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Easy and Efficient to Use

The program is a great option for what we were looking for. The routing program that comes with our online platform is not user friendly, so I am happy that I found this product.

PROS

It has some very user friendly features along with the ease of use and set up with the App.

CONS

Adding a adjusting routes after they start should not have to be manually adjusted. There are times that I have to add quite a few stops and it gets very time consuming.

Reasons for switching to OptimoRoute

Even though Tookan is linked to our online shopping, the process of using it was terrible!!!

Calin-Alexandru

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

a good implementing and user experience

The experience was great. Domo was a real help for my while i was doing the testing and afterwards also. He helped the decision also

PROS

the fact that i can do the setup by myself and that the app is very intuitive

CONS

that you dont have a unit of planning smaller than the day. i have 2 shift per day and i have to split them using a workaround

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

it was the best bang for the buck and the fact that i could test it myself with all the options available.

Hi Calin, Good stuff! Thanks for the feedback. We pride ourselves on our great support and making sure the software works for individual companies. As for the multi-run routes, there are a few ways to do that easily in OptimoRoute. Although you are likely set up with the best workflow for your use-case, we're happy to take another look anytime, to make sure you are getting the most efficient, accurate routes in the least amount of time. Just drop us a note at support@optimoroute.com and we'll hook you up!

Replied November 2021

tony

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Best option for small business

Found it to be user friendly after a quick introduction

PROS

The ease of use and route planning ability

CONS

I haven’t found anything worth mentioning

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

Found it to be more suitable to my small business

Hi Tony - nice to hear that we were a good fit for your small business and that you were able to quickly adapt to our platform. Happy routing!

Kam

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Game Changer

PROS

The best part about this software is that it works. It does exactly what we need it to do, very happy with this tool.

CONS

Waiting on features like sms to client notification, and customer signatures.

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

Price, demo, customer service, prompt response

Hello Kam, Thanks for leaving us this review - we appreciate the feedback. Glad to hear that OptimoRoute is a game-changing tool for your business. Just a little more waiting though, because we're working on SMS Realtime Order Tracking and signature capture - stay tuned!

Replied October 2019

Chemicals, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Small company using sofware

All in all it is a positive experience with Optimo Route. I know some of the options I would like to see could be accomplished through their web api, but we prefer out of the box solutions. If you are looking for a simple cost effective scheduling software this is a great start. I do change the route that is automatic many times and I am ok with that.

PROS

We signed up with Optimo Route early on when they came out, price point is good when you have a small fleet. We utilize it with a rotating of 2 drivers at a time with 7-12 stops each. I use it mainly for the fact that I can send the route to the guys via app & e-mail. *Easy to set up *Easy to use once you get the hang of it *Great customer service on getting locations set up. We only use locations for our customers not customers. Most of our customers have a single location that we go to. *Some customization via custom fields (We transport chemicals and I wanted a way to put down which chemicals we transport. While I don't have a great way to do this I did do a work around to get it to work. *Mobile app for drivers *Online only which is fine with me *Live tracking of trucks - this feature works maybe 80% allot in my assumption has to do with network and users device quality. I use it to see how my guys are doing on their route and to get an idea when they will be back or if they are meeting someone else.

CONS

*Don't have a monthly calendar view or RSS feed - this is nearly a deal breaker for us. I would like to be able to share the schedule with my sales people via a calendar where they can view future deliveries. *They have a Depot showing up but it is unusable in the scheduling. Working with OptimoRoute we did come up with a work around. Minor inconvenience. *Routing doesn't allow you to take in account for Hazmat routes. (Not a deal breaker for us as my drivers know the routes and use it primarily for order of stops, and will drive the correct route if needing a hazmat route. *No mobile website or app for schedulers, only use on a tablet or mobile phone if you want to lose your hair.

Thanks James! It's great to hear what works and your wish list. If you have a moment, drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com and let us know what's missing from using Custom Fields for your Products. Perhaps we can recommend something that would suit you better. What's more we have some new functionality with our Weekly (and Monthly) planning feature that might get you some of the visibility you were looking for. Happy to discuss. Lastly, we expect that some upcoming improvements will make planning with a tablet a bit easier! Thanks again for being with us so long. Stay tuned...

Replied January 2019

Maria Fernanda

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Excellent for Small business

We are solving the expensive cost of gas because we can optimize the routes and plan better to avoid excess of gas expenses.

PROS

The OptimoRoute system is suitable for our small company and easy to use. It's a flexibility system with access to a mobile application. The customer service is excellent and since we began using Optimo Route, we have a considerable improvement in our deliveries of product.

CONS

Some times I can't plan the routes with all my drivers because it takes only 2 of them but is not a big deal. Maybe we have something to change in the profiles of the drivers.

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

When I start working here they were using already the product.

Hi Maria - we know how much of an impact gas costs can have on a small business and it's great that OptimoRoute has been of help. Our engineering team works daily on making sure we give our customers the best and shortest routes. There is a way to use both your drivers! Simply select the "Balancing" option under Planning Settings when you click the Plan Routes tab. You can choose the option to "Balance routes and use all drivers", and make other adjustments if you like. If you're still having trouble, write to our support team at support@optimoroute.com and they will take care of everything!

Tony

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Optimo Review

Overall a good product to conduct simple multi drop optimisation. Limited reporting available and limited ability for anything strategic. As our business had no optimisation capability it has proven to be very valuable especially in these times when costs and efficiency are paramount.

PROS

The software is very easy to implement and use. The mobile tracking element simple and effective and we had no problems with any drivers using it. The optimisation process is very fast which allows the user to create several possible what-if scenarios.

CONS

The location database is difficult to manage as it appeasr to add an entry everytime there is a slight change which leads to multiple entries for each location in the gazetteer. If you accidently copy or delete orders there is no "undo" button which can be disasterous when working to a tight schedule. We are unable to plan strategically as in our case I would need to create a large one-off schedule that would require me to add the number of drivers and add cost. As I only need to add drivers as a one-off this make it not cost effective to pay for a months worth of extra drivers. Operationally this biggest problem is hours worked does not include implant and explant that would apply to any driver. I cannot therefore use the system report to calculate hours as I am unable to add time for vehicle check, refuel debrief etc.

As above

Hi Tony, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for OptimoRoute's route optimization software - we really appreciate it! Also, thanks for letting us know about your concerns and issues, drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com so we can hear more about the specifics of your case and improve your experience. Our team would be happy to help find solutions suitable for your company's needs. We're working on improving our software daily and we'll also be adding new features soon. Hope you'll be able to reap the full benefits of our software with the help of our team!

Replied December 2020

Christopher

Reviewed October 2020

Plenty of features, some functions not as straight forward as I would like

I appreciate the Live feature and routes. It's not as good at predicting the route as other programs I have used in the past but it's not bad.

PROS

I appreciate how easy it is to import my locations and custom fields into the web app.

CONS

Making changes to a plan already dispatched and replotting a new route based on those modifications don't seem straight forward. Also, some functions require repeated actions when it would be nice to consolidate. Example, If you select 4 locations and try to edit them all, if you unselect them from the edit screen, you can't do anything else. You have to go back to the edit screen after unselecting them from the route and then put them on another driver.

Cost and features.

Reasons for switching to OptimoRoute

Cost and features.

Mike

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Painting Contractor who saved $7,500 by using OptimoRoute

Long story short... We're a painting contracting company that paints 700 residential homes per year. To do that we bid on 2,000 projects per year in the Great Phoenix (Arizona) area. So, about 40 stops per week. Part of the issue is there are some time frame requirements for certain customers AND the Greater Phoenix area encompasses some 2500 square miles (6500 square kilometers). OptimoRoute has reduced scheduling workload by 125 hours per year ($3,125), miles driven by 3,000 per year ($1,500). This, along with the improved customer service and proposal turnaround time has given us an overall cost savings (or benefit) of $7,500 annually. When I call about a question or issue it is answered clearly and quickly (normally on the phone or within a few hours) or if it's a bigger request within one day.

PROS

Ease of use for both office staff and field personnel.

CONS

Nothing specific for us. I have seen multiple enhancements within the past 12 months that tells me the company is receptive to providing features based on customer feedback.

Hi Mike, Thank you so so much for reviewing OptimoRoute. It makes us so happy to hear that our optimization software has been of great value to your company! That's what we're here for! We're especially glad that you managed to cut down on costs and time in your business processes. If there's any additional information you're in need of, feel free to drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com. In the meantime, keep an eye out for new features that we'll be rolling out soon by checking out our socials.

Replied February 2021

Melanie

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Makes Life Easier!!!

I love it...at the beginning of the pandemic, we had to pivot our operations to a delivery style food program. In the beginning, we were messing around with try to use Google and route our own journeys. There were so many reasons why this wasn't effective. I started looking for a better option- started with the free trial and was sold by the time it that ran out. Now we use it for all of our deliveries.

PROS

I loved that I could import the data for my deliveries directly from my website. It takes 2 steps- All you have to do is download the file from the website and then upload the file to OptimoRoute! The program then optimizes everything while allowing you to make customizations easily.

CONS

It has had a few glitches when I try to readjust routes that are in progress and drivers on the road lost their routes and had to work off of the manual sheet we print (from the program) which is handy to have for many reasons. That's only happened once... I don't' know why...most of the time it is very user-friendly.

Reason for choosing OptimoRoute

It was the first we tried and it worked exactly how I wanted it too. I do wish that you could have 1-3 drivers on the first plan then 3-5 and so on. One driver is all we really need except for once in a blue moon where we have many orders and then we would need 3 but it isn't worth it to pay the extra all the time- just a thought.

Thanks for your review. And congratulations on your successful pivot - we're glad OptimoRoute helped make it happen! Our customer support team is there to help whenever questions pop up, just drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com

Replied November 2020

Justice

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

We love it!

PROS

Ease of use and the API was very easy to integrate into our software.

CONS

I believe the API has more features than the web dashboard does, I wish they would implement these. (Clustering Factor)

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you're using our API successfully. We have a team of implementation consultants here at OptimoRoute that would be happy to work with you to make your experience with our API better. Feel free to reach out to support@optimoroute.com, and we'll get you set up for a consultation.

Jerry

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

For those who needs it, it definitely works

The software works, although it is quite expensive for small business like us, we really hope that there are pricing plan for small business like us who has lower volume shipment but needs multiple drivers.

PROS

Able to automatically route multiple drivers, persistent software updates, when it comes to questions, the support team does get back to us fairly quickly.

CONS

There are some small glitches, for example, our "depot" was always printed out as "New York, NY", although these can be fixed by contacting the support team, it was a bit annoying. But regarding the "Route Balancing" function, it is a weird one as sometime it works, and sometime it doesn't.

Thanks Jerry, we value your comments! So glad we've helped your team be more efficient and you like our speedy support. Every day we're working to improve results and make usage more intuitive. Keep an eye out for further updates!

Replied January 2019