All Plooto Reviews

I saved hours of work and thousands of dollars using plooto

Bailey

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

The cheapest tool to get your invoices paid.

PROS

I've been using Plooto for a little under a year now and it is incredible, it sync's directly with quickbooks and allows me to get my domestic invoices paid for under a 1$ per transaction! The flat-rate fee is a game-changer for me, and means I don't have to pay Stripe's 2.9% transaction fee every time.

CONS

Two downsides: - With QuickBooks recurring transactions, you can't sync a recurring transaction with a recurring receivable in QuickBooks so Plooto marks each recurring transaction as paid, you have to do this manually. - Payment times can be anywhere from 3 - 7 days which is a little slow. Stripe offers instant payout which is a game changer. If Plooto could also offer instant payout for a flat rate that would make this software god-tier.

Heather

Our EFT provider of choice

Our objective was to automate payables, and Plooto has been great for that purpose.

PROS

We're a Quickbooks shop, and we *love* the integration. Virtually all of our clients are using Plooto for payables, and some for receivables. In terms of pricing, the package is advantageous for most of our clients. Some of the tiny ones would spend less on regular bank fees -- but the convenience still makes Plooto a good option. The interface is clean and user-friendly. Our clients love the signing authority "tiers." We're working with nonprofits, so there's always a board of directors to consider -- and therefore multiple signers. It's not uncommon for orgs to specify who needs to approve organizations over certain limits, and Plooto gets us there with no fuss.

CONS

We still have issues with some vendors not being serviced by Plooto, e.g. credit card companies. The ability to send payments internationally through Plooto is great, but we sometimes experience issues with foreign banks. On the signing authority front, it's possible to do an "end run" around banking agreements by authorizing people on Plooto that aren't authorized on the bank account. We need to do our due diligence on that, to ensure payments are authorized only by signing authorities.

Reason for choosing Plooto

Software integration, convenient user interface

Tammy

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

It appears to have it all until you use it.

Not Good. Really ambitious to make it work I like the concept but they make it very hard to be a client.

PROS

I like that it can process both bank or credit card payments for receivables. It can provide automation too but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I like the price. And I like that it linked into xero. It appears to have it all until you use it.

CONS

1) Its not easy to use, no introduction. 2) the automation component never worked for me I know I had to get PAD on but I wanted it on for some clients off for others and this was not an easy thing to set. It also doesn't allow me to store the credit card something like Quickbooks online I had in mind but this is a complete oversight to the program. I guess if automation actually worked then this could solve this issue. 3) Ya I was very confused but when my clients couldn't figure it out either, some ended up with duplicate payments pulled from their accounts etc. No help to fix very embarrassing. 4) their live chat is not live. You ask a question and wait. Fine to get started but even in the middle of conversation to deal with issues they just disappear. The conversation is not live. Sometimes they don't even read my questions which makes me think not a real person is helping me. 5) Money holding ridiculous! If a client due date on invoice was 30 days and they paid me next day I had to wait until what my invoice said for due date on payment. Plus when money drops into my account there is no PLOOTO ID on the deposit. Very confusing for trying to reconcile. 6) Plooto reconciled in Xero in its own little account but doesn't reconcile with the bank account. Weird and confusing.

Noah

Market Research, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Time Saver

PROS

Plooto has reduced our payment processing time down from 4-5 hours twice a month to paying our key vendors on a weekly basis in 45 minutes. We went from cutting over 50 cheques to completely electronic payment methods, with the option to still send cheques to vendors that prefer it. It is very easy to use and syncs perfectly with QuickBooks Online. They give excellent transparency on timelines of your payment statuses so you can keep vendors informed of when they can expect payment. Customer service is right at your finger tips and gives almost immediate help through their chat feature.

CONS

Some vendors can be skeptical to enter banking details into a third party payment processor.

Reason for choosing Plooto

Does it exactly what we needed it to without having extra add-ons. Other A/P automation software out there can be very intricate, causing the pricing to be very expensive for features you may not even need. Plooto is very simple and to the point, but still does exactly what we need to at a fraction of the price.

Krista

Reviewed December 2020

Great system for small businesses and non-profits.

Overall its a great system and we have moved the majority of our clients over to it. There are some limitations but they just require a work around.

PROS

It is great for tracking the approval process for payments and providing an alternative method of payment for invoices.

CONS

Customer service has been a struggle for us. It is hard to get in touch with someone when we have questions or concerns. It would be nice if there was a way to receive approval for payment but to submit the payment offline. Sometimes payments need to be submitted by credit card or paper check and we cannot use the system for tracking approval for those.

Reasons for switching to Plooto

Bill.com increased their rates significantly and we needed another option for our clients.

Varun

Reviewed December 2020

Fantastic option for an accounting firm!

Very positive and highly recommended

PROS

We've transformed our accounting firm from traditional "after the fact" billing and collection, to a monthly recurring fee model using Plooto. It has automated one of the most painful parts of running an accounting firm. Our clients love to do their own Receivables, Payables and CRA payments using Plooto.

CONS

Reports functionality is lacking It takes time for clients to get a hang of it initially when setting up PAD.

Reputation, Affordable, Early to the cloud accounting scene

Alexandra

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Overall a good option to manage Payables and Receivables

PROS

Plooto is a user friendly software, easy to use and convenient. I was able to sync with QuickBooks, which makes the process even easier.

CONS

There are some functions that could be added/improved in the reporting area and external user experience.

Reasons for switching to Plooto

Telpay will not provide international payment options.

Scott

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed December 2020

Great financial software for small and mid-sized organizations

We use the software for payment of invoices including external vendors, staff reimbursements, and payroll. Works perfectly for us. Just a few clicks and there are adequate checks and balances features to ensure accountability and security.

PROS

As a small association, with few vendors and accounts payable/receivable, the software works very well for us. While I'm sure it can also be used for larger organizations and may have lots of advanced functions, the core user interface, notifications, integrations and other features are perfect for our smaller organizations. No unnecessary complications.

CONS

I suppose if anything, if you need to reverse a payment already in process it can be a bit of a challenge but have only experienced that once.

Reason for choosing Plooto

Again, no additional products explored. We opted for Plooto over Telpay mainly for cost savings and have been pleased with the product ever since.

Reasons for switching to Plooto

Simplify user experience and reduce costs. We don't process enough payments to justify the Telpay monthly costs.

Dorinda

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed December 2020

Makes everything easier and more transparent

For us, we moved over to Plooto after it was highly recommended by our Board and vendors. Having made the move from cheques to electronic payments not that ago, we didn't realize that payments could actually be very simple. The pandemic has made other platforms more difficult to use because they're often kept on one computer and managed by one person which makes contingencies and redundancies impossible.

PROS

We haven't been using Plooto for very long but the setup was incredibly easy. I think the best feature is that payments are very clear with the invoice attached as well as pathway and dates for the payment process. Everything is also very easy to use and transparent and the fact that it's on the cloud means everyone who needs to access it can without having to be at a particular terminal or computer. This feature alone increases financial transparency.

CONS

Understanding the different roles and needs took a little longer than expected but that wasn't hard. I'd love to be notified when approvals are made and payments are processed.

Reasons for switching to Plooto

It was really hard to make any changes to the administrators and account without massive amounts of paperwork. Everything can only be done on one computer which is a huge problem especially with remote work.

Ennio

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2020

Essential software for any business

The fees I pay to receive payments from clients have been drastically reduced since switching to Payment Evolution. The PAD feature has improved my cash flow.

PROS

The software is very easy and intuitive to use. No training is necessary. The software links to QBO so there is no need to re-enter invoice details and when the client approves the payment, my A\R is automatically updated. This software is "Payment Processing for Dummies".

CONS

I did not find any negative features yet.

Reasons for switching to Plooto

Too expensive, not easy to use, no linking with QBO

Diana

Accounting, 1 employee

How Plooto Saved Me

PROS

Supporting associations with multiple signatories this has been a world of difference in my process flow and the quality and timeliness of payment processing. Each of signatories is set up and whosh off go payments. Was for several years using postal services or meeting in person. A couple of postal strikes later during which i felt i was losing the plot. Labelling/addressing envelopes (small operation so no stamps or administrative assistants), going to post office. And same on the other end for the receivers. Also had a situation of a missing cheque and bank account fraud as well. Am sure it was a payment to service provider that disappeared. Suddenly draws to the bank account are coming from all over Canada for large amounts. And then I bumped into Plooto at a QBO Conference...LIFE CHANGING. Not to speak of today's world where I'm limiting as much errand running as possible.

CONS

Used to be support was on phone live. really hate the chat funciton, somehow my descriptions never get captured by the feed, they receive blanks on support end. So it is really a pain. don't know why and know it must be a set up thing but have not been able to solve.

Luke

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

I saved hours of work and thousands of dollars using plooto

Overall I'm very happy with Plooto, will continue to use it and encourage other business to use it.

PROS

It's way cheaper than credit card fees and saves time over cashing cheques.

CONS

Some payment changes can take a little longer than I feel they should. I tried to cancel a payment that was to be debited later that day. It still went through because it was too short notice.

Reason for choosing Plooto

Squares fees are much higher.

Reasons for switching to Plooto

Cheques were inconvenient to have to cash and you have to remember to cash them on the correct dates. Plooto is automatic.

Sherry

Accounting, 1 employee

Plooto Works Great

Good customer service and very functional software.

PROS

Plooto has the functionality and the security that I need for my clients. It works well and require little time for my clients to approve.

CONS

I wish they went back to the per payment pricing they had before. It worked better for my client who pays maybe 5 one month and then 50 the next.

Reason for choosing Plooto

Pricing in the beginning.

Ariel

Reviewed February 2020

Pricing model needs to go back to what it was

PROS

Easy to use, great concept, would recommend it if pricing made sense.

CONS

- Used to be very competitively priced, with the subscription model it is very hard to justify this expense to clients, especially since the use base is mostly small forward thinking companies who have very little vendor payments to make in the first place. - Very limited customizability when a lot of customization could be offered at the basic level. - It's never a good business practice to force people to use your product for lack of alternatives. Due to the horrible pricing model change, if there was an alternative, I would be using it.

Reason for choosing Plooto

None, I am not aware of any alternatives.

Sandy

My Review of Plooto

I am excited that it provides a secure way to establish multi approval payments. As a contract bookkeeper with many clients, I consider this to be an important issue.

PROS

I like that the software allows for the bookkeeper to set up all the vendor payments so all the client has to do is approve. I also like how user friendly it is for vendors who are getting paid for the first time. When I contact a vendor and tell them they have to create a login/membership for yet another software I can get some push back. But the vendors find it very easy to use and that makes my job easier and more efficient. I like how it allows for ach payments without having to ask vendors to email me their sensitive financial information. They receive a link and can enter it themselves.

CONS

I don't like how long it takes when a customer wants to pay my clients with a credit card. I think it took more than 2 months to process into the bank so I've stopped using that function all together.

Reason for choosing Plooto

The price is decent and it allows for multi levels of approving

pricing

Greg

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Hook and Sinker

Customer service is non-existent. I was told that we could have the old pricing structure for the holding companies, never did it. Falling on death ears. Getting overcharged each month...

PROS

I like the integration with QBO, nice and easy.

CONS

We signed up for this software early on, just like QBO (7-8 years ago). QBO granfathered us in, Plooto just jacked up the prices with no alternatives. Very underhanded and not fair. When I have more time I will be looking at alternatives for just that one reason.

Kit