What are QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise software through verified user reviews

User Review Highlights

4.5

19,072 Reviews

5
11,384
4
6,139
3
1,124
2
190
1
148
4.5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
4

Customer Support

out of 5
4.5

Value for money

out of 5
4.5

Functionality

out of 5
  • icon"I like the fact that it integrates with a bunch of other things and makes it super useful for invoicing."
  • icon"It had great tech support, excellent documentation, and superb online help. A great product for a very wide range of businesses."
  • icon"QuickBooks by Intuit is a great accounting solution for small businesses as it is easy to use and has great support."
  • icon"The update method and stability of the software is just poor. The file has to be repaired sometimes because it gets corrupted."
  • icon"It can be a pain when you make a mistake and try to fix it. For some things, there are too many steps to fix the mistake."
  • icon"Sometimes the software will freeze up and I'll have to restart it to get it to work again. That is kinda annoying to have to do that."

Jump to:

Browse all QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

  • Have you used QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and would like to share your experience with others?
  • Write a Review

Apply Filters:

X

User Industry

Company Size

Time Used

User Rating

ResetShow 18,985 Results
Filters

Showing 1 - 25 of 18,985 reviews

Anonymous

Time used: Less than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.

March 2021

Easy to use, can't believe we used to work in Excel before this

User Profile

Shawn

Verified reviewer

Company size: 2-10 employees

Industry: Real Estate

Time used: Less than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
5

Functionality

out of 5

May 2022

Quick books makes it easy to track your business

QuickBooks was easy to set up and we love that our CPA and access everything directly. Ease of use was critical for us in choosing our accounting software and QuickBooks delivers!

Pros

Ease of use is at the top of the list. QuickBooks makes a lot of our small business accounting look easy.

Cons

Everything could be faster and more automatic with real-time auditing.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Partially because of the Intuit brand reputation, but mostly due to the ease of setup and use.

Maria

Company size: 1 employee

Industry: Computer Software

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
5

Customer support

out of 5
5

Functionality

out of 5

March 2022

Quickbooks es lo mejor

Gracias a QuickBooks, el seguimiento de todas las transacciones y datos financieros de la empresa y sus proyectos afiliados se ha vuelto muy fácil, ya que podemos pagar y recibir facturas y registrarlas en nuestros registros de una manera simple y segura

Pros

Quickbooks es un sistema muy poderoso, puede hacer casi cualquier cosa a un nivel aceptable. No me he encontrado con un requisito de contabilidad que QuickBooks no pueda manejar por nosotros

Cons

Result El servicio de atención al cliente es muy frustrante. La función de chat es un bot que intenta resolver los problemas de los clientes, pero no es tan útil como un humano que puede escuchar y diagnosticar problemas humanos. Los chatbots tampoco funcionan al 100 %, lo que aumenta la frustración. Existe un sistema automatizado similar a un chatbot cuando se realizan llamadas a la línea directa. Toma mucho tiempo, y cuando los humanos finalmente responden, no tienen la autonomía para ayudar. La función de informes para la nómina podría utilizar algunas mejoras. Al navegar por la información de los empleados, a menudo se le solicita que regrese a la página de inicio del empleado después de salir de una pantalla, por lo que no puede saltar rápidamente de una página de información del empleado a otra.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Online es fácil de aprender y usar. Pensé que me llevaría mucho tiempo aprender a usar la aplicación, pero para mi sorpresa fue muy fácil. Con QuickBooks Online se puede hacer mucho, y con la capacidad de tener varios usuarios en una cuenta, los miembros de su organización podrán completar partes de su proceso de contabilidad.

Denise

Company size: 11-50 employees

Industry: Law Practice

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
3

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
3

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

April 2022

Data Corruption Issues Spoiling a Great Product

I know Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop and it does everything I need to do and more. That part of it is outstanding. The strength, that it is compatible with so many other pieces of software, could also be the weakness, as I think other software accessing my Quickbooks data could be causing the corruption issues I am experiencing.

Pros

I love that Quickbooks is intuitive, works with many other software integrations, every accountant understands it, it is priced well, and easy to use. There is no other accounting software that works with so many different pieces of software. When it is working, it is the best!

Cons

We have had constant data corruption issues for over a year, despite using the Enterprise version of the Quickbooks. Our file size is around 250 MB, which shouldn't be a problem for Enterprise. Many times when I open the program, there are problems with the data. Oddly, I can just close the file and reopen it until my data verification shows no problems with my data. This means every time I open the software I have to check for problems with my data and every time I close the software I have to save a backup, in case I cannot solve the data corruption issues when opening. The only reason I am still using quickbooks, is that I also have an integrated software solution called Scanwriter, that inputs data to quickbooks for me. I have hundreds of invoices and payments on those invoices to enter every month, so I really don't want to lose the automation factor. There is a Quickbooks file doctor, that you can use to fix your files, but it really shouldn't be needed on a daily basis. The corruption is such that I will occasionally open Quickbooks to find that none of my customers are there. Then I close and reopen the file a few times and everything is fine. Unfortunately, until I figured that out I went about my usual day entering data, only to find the corruption later and have to restore from a backup and re-enter all of that data. When I contacted support, the problem was not evident, so they couldn't do anything to help.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Wanted something for Windows software and my tax accountant at the time recommended Quickbooks Desktop Premier, which I used for many years. When my file size grew to large for Premier, I switched to Enterprise.

Response from Intuit

We appreciate you leaving a review, Denise. To help solve some of the issues you can turn off the preference that requires a backup and a verification if you don't want it to run every time you open the file. This can be found under File> Backup company> Create local backup. In the Create Backup window select "Options". Here you can select to remind you to make a backup as well as if it runs a verification when it does backup. Should you open the file and see your info is missing we recommend contacting the QuickBooks Desktop Team to help look into resolving the issue. You can find all the methods to contact them here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/contact-quickbooks-desktop-support/L9d0ZUCrC_US_en_US Hope this helps. -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Replied April 2022

Belasco

Company size: 11-50 employees

Industry: Building Materials

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
3

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

April 2022

Quivk Books desktop Review

Quickbooks has helped me keep track of my account books in one place therefore reducing confusion. I have intergrated the software with my other softwares like hubspot. The software enables me send my clients more professional and easy to understand quotations. However i have had problems with their phone support team, they are not easily accessible when there is emergency on the software. In a nutshell quickbooks software is a must get especially if you want to scale your small business up.

Pros

QuickBooks has a variety of features that supports small and medium businesses and it allows up to 25 users. The software can intergrate with more than 500 business apps and softwares. QuickBooks has a friendly user interface which makes it easy to navigate through its dashboard. QuickBooks gives a 30 day free trial version which gives you a test drive of the software before deciding to subscribe. Enables you to keep all your books of accounts in one place.

Cons

The price has been increasing throughout the years. Less automated as compared to online version which takes more time. Their phone support is not efficient and sometimes they do not assist by phone hence forced to migrate to online version which facilitate a quick live bookkeeping. Does not facilitate split transactions and auto sales report hence need to migrate from desktop to online version.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The simple looking dashboard of freshbooks looked too simple and unprofessional to me so psychologically i assumed QuickBooks was the best choice. I can safely say i do not regret the choice.

Justin

Verified reviewer

Company size: 2-10 employees

Industry: Consumer Goods

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
5

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

April 2022

Very Good Accounting Software for Small Businesses

It is a good business tool that helped me get a handle on mostly all of my expenses. It has a few buggy integrations which was frustrating. And I really disliked the non batch tagging system. Other than that, I have found it very useful and have used QB for the past 3 years for my taxes. I do not use it to file taxes any longer, as I now have an accountant and I prepare everything in QB first and then work with my accountant to file the taxes. Great for small businesses.

Pros

I like that QB is easy to use and that I can connect mostly all of my accounts to it. However, I was unable to connect my Home Depot credit card for some reason. I have used QB to prepare a profit and loss statement for my accountant. I have painstakingly used this software. I have used it almost on a daily basis, as it helps to give me a clear financial picture of my small business. I can't see myself managing my e-commerce business any other way, since I have many transactions.

Cons

The fact that I cannot group tag transactions. In a business like mine that has thousands of transactions throughout the year, the biggest gripe I have with QB is that I cannot batch select and change the tags. The tags are so important, especially if running multiple businesses, which I was. Since then, I have closed two of those businesses for the very reason that I cannot properly manage it all with one quickbooks account. I thought it would be easy to tag things, however, it truly sucks to have to go one by one. Also, I dislike the "rules" it auto creates because for any new transaction type, it pops up and really slowed me down when I was already having trouble with my tagging and categorizing.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QB is simply the most comprehensive and overall the easiest product to use to account for my small business. I didn't like the other options that I explored and felt that for the money, it was a good way to do all of my business and personal accounting.

Christian

Company size: 2-10 employees

Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
4

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
4

Customer support

out of 5
5

Functionality

out of 5

April 2022

All around the best software I’ve found

Quickbooks is the only software I use for my business now. It has taken years to learn how to use it in a way that works for me but now I wouldn’t trade it for anything

Pros

I started using quickbooks to help me keep a better track of my inventory and to have an invoice that was easy to produce and also looked unique. But once I started using it I found that all of the feature compliment each other and with out quickbooks to help me organize every aspect of my business I don’t know that I would still have a business

Cons

I’m the beginning it was very tedious for me to learn the software and on more than one occasion I had to Spend hours to undo mistakes that I unknowingly made. Some of the features and how to use them are not as clear as I would like them to be

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I needed a better way to inventory products and I also wanted a more customizable invoice

Brittany

Company size: 51-200 employees

Industry: Computer & Network Security

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
4

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

May 2022

Takes the thinking out of accounts

It is definitely a way to make office management way more simple. I feel like I cut out about 2 hours of extra unnecessary work. I don't waste time doing alone of things I used to do.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I have daily tasks to make sure I stay on top of everything.

Cons

It's not difficult to use and I enjoy how it keeps me on task. However customer service can sometimes be ridiculous. They are not always the polite or the nicest. But no complaints about the software!

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I was referred to the software buy a customer, who is in a similar industry, she told me how much time it saves her so we decided to try it. We instantly fell in love

Sithandazile

Company size: 2-10 employees

Industry: Accounting

Time used: Less than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
5

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

May 2022

My experience with Quickbooks

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise have made my office work very simple as i can do almost all the work under one software. It has saved me a lot of time and money that I would have spent if I was doing everything manually. I must say that Quickbook Desktop Enterprise is an all in one tool that both small and large businesses must use.

Pros

I like that Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise gets the job done easily and from anywhere. imagine being able to manage your accounts and track your statements and payments in just one software, that is a bonus.

Cons

It is very affordable, flexible and easy to access from any device.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

When i started using Quickbooks i found it to more user friendly and less complicated and I fell in love with it and the fact that it allows many users within the company

Dominic

Company size: 11-50 employees

Industry: Health, Wellness and Fitness

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
4

Value for money

out of 5
5

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

April 2022

Quickbooks Desktop Review

Overall good experience using this software. Helps keeps things organized and much easier to produce reports to see monthly P&L . Really appreciate the ability to share info with accountant

Pros

Relatively easy to use once you get the hang of it Easy to share info with our accountant Reporting is extensive Pretty user friendly Intuitive

Cons

Took a while to get use to the software The chatbot is not helpful. Often I just have to call customer support which is frustrating at times depending on the wait.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

More features and didn't want to pay a monthly fee.

sheldon

Verified reviewer

Company size: 1,001-5,000 employees

Industry: Retail

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered
2

Ease-of-use

out of 5
1

Value for money

out of 5
2

Customer support

out of 5
2

Functionality

out of 5

May 2022

Quickbook expensive but still help small business

My over experience is customer service takes a long time to reply. The cost is high compare to other books. the system have alot of flaws.

Pros

The interface is easy to manupilate and the inventory is user friendly.

Cons

The software have too muvh bigs and clithes.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Its more affordable and easier to use with less flaws

Ivanna

Company size: 1 employee

Industry: Computer Software

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
5

Customer support

out of 5
5

Functionality

out of 5

March 2022

Con algo de errores pero recomendable !!!

Solo preguntas generales de contabilidad e informes. Me gustan las opciones de informes personalizados y automáticos. Además, la capacidad de enviar y extraer contenido a otras aplicaciones (Quickbooks Time) es agradable.

Pros

Hacer el trabajo. Es fantástico que los clientes puedan pagarle directamente a través de QBO. Me gusta que pueda enviar y recibir contenido con otras aplicaciones

Cons

Mi mayor problema con QBO son los permisos. Creamos "proyectos" y los administradores de proyectos no pueden ver los gastos de los proyectos que administran. Una configuración deshabilita su capacidad para ver los registros/contabilidad de la empresa (lo cual tiene sentido), pero eso no significa necesariamente que no puedan ver los gastos administrativos del trabajo. En mi opinión, esto es un gran defecto. Solo los administradores pueden ver los gastos y ejecutar informes para ver si el trabajo es rentable. Yo (y otros) hemos informado este problema durante años y aún no lo hemos solucionado. insecto. Las plantillas personalizadas tienen un error que no se ha solucionado en años. Tienen actualizaciones aleatorias, pero generalmente aparecen nuevos errores

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Porque es sencillamente fantástico

chamir

Company size: 2-10 employees

Industry: Financial Services

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered
4

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
4

Customer support

out of 5
5

Functionality

out of 5

March 2022

Quikbooks is easy to setup and easy to start up.

Overall Quickbooks Desktop is a great program, it's a complete accounting software for manny businesses that can grow with your business. It provides all the tools your business needs, yet is easy to use. I can organize my bookkeeping, manage inventory, track sales, and even run payroll at a fraction of the cost. QuickBooks Enterprise saved me thousands of dollars a year compared to similar solutions. Powerful and flexible.

Pros

Simple coordination with other application/Software and makes invoicing simple and powerful relying upon your arrangement. QuickBooks is amazing Software and obliges an extremely wide scope of organizations. In particular it offers incredible technical support (On premise, Calls, Email and, surprisingly, Remote Support), another advantage is all around addressed documentation, and online assistance/Forums.

Cons

It is only accessible on your deskto, you can not acces it on the web. In this manner, it is very troublesome especially when everything these days must be gotten to remotely.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

While Quickbooks online is cloud based so that means you can use it anywhere on any pc. Quickbooks desktop is installed localy to your pc but offers more options for complex accounting projects and you only pay a one time fee.

Mevasoa Benjaniaina

Company size: 1 employee

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
5

Customer support

out of 5
5

Functionality

out of 5

February 2022

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review

Anybody in any way shape or form associated with independent venture bookkeeping realizes the name Intuit and its revered QuickBooks stage. However it started zeroing in its showcasing on a cloud-situated rendition, named Intuit QuickBooks Online, where it's confronting intense contest, Intuit stays an unbelievably solid brand and even games the midrange partner we're auditing here, called QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise release. This form of the product covers midrange bookkeeping, including general record, and stock administration, and it's authorized per seat, with costs starting at $1,100 each year for a solitary seat yearly membership. With various memberships accessible to get to various degrees of usefulness, including Advanced Reporting, Advanced Payroll, and various levels of help, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise clients can plan arrangements that are genuinely all around focused on for explicit necessities. In any case, a restrictive data set, a genuinely low max-client limit, and a dependence on its client local area for assist documentation with keeping this framework somewhat behind Acumatica and Intacct, the current Editors' Choice victors in this class. You can likewise pay for the membership consistently, starting at $75.60 each month for a solitary seat permit. The vast majority of the little and average size business (SMB) applications inspected in this gathering run on top of uncompromising information bases like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or SAP HANA.

Pros

Simple to-explore process menus. Recognizable (UI) for current QuickBooks clients. Tremendous client local area. Basic structures and report customization. Enormous number of standard and contributed reports. Brilliant import capacities. Brilliant joining with Sales and Purchasing.

Cons

Offers possibly Average Costing whenever obtained without Advanced Inventory include. No Economic Order Capabilities. Fundamental Low Inventory alerts. Versatile up to 30 clients. Exclusive information base. No evident focal documentation. Versatile access just with an extra help.

Darcie

Company size: 2-10 employees

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
4

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
4

Customer support

out of 5
5

Functionality

out of 5

January 2022

Great software-will continue using

This software keeps track of everything our company needs incl all AR, AP, payroll and tax transactions and accruals.

Pros

Many features available making it an integral part of our day to day operations. Processing payroll is easy and tax accrual function and e-file makes it so simple and easy to match to federal and state calculations. Reporting features are very good. We have 100’s of customers and vendors and the tracking of availability of transactions is superb. We also use their remote hosting service for work from home employees and have never had an issue with maintaining connections and to the minute updated information.

Cons

The only things I could recommend for improvement is the ability to have detailed customizable reporting for employee and payroll functions. Customer service is iffy-most are nice but some are not very knowledgeable and it can take quite a long time to resolve what seems to be a simple issue. Currently found that the annual renewal fee charged was $500 more than what was quoted by two of their reps so am looking at having to attempt to get a refund for the overcharge.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Best pricing for the software function

Albert

Company size: 2-10 employees

Industry: Information Technology and Services

Time used: Less than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered
4

Ease-of-use

out of 5
4

Value for money

out of 5
5

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

December 2021

Of all the Accounting Software's I recommend QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Proven best so far

Easy integration with other application/Software and makes invoicing easy and effective depending on your setup. QuickBooks is legendary Software and accommodates a very wide range of businesses. Most importantly it offers great tech support (On premise, Calls, Email and even Remote Support), another benefit is well represented documentation, and online help/Forums.

Pros

The best and great news the online version of QuickBooks which means you can finish your work or do you from anywhere, will always be up to date with updates and new feature edition. File sharing Feature is the most needed tool for the accountant to easily exchange data they need to keep the books and do taxes. Payroll feature can be accessed through the software and has other features like loan funding all this can be done anytime, anywhere any device all you need in internet access.

Cons

A software has to make your life easy problem in QuickBooks if you should make mistake it take hell lot of time to fix them as you have to follow all the steps for creation there has to be Delete, Undo or Edit button. Working under harsh boss your work is expressed so working with a Software keeps giving an Unresponsive error gets to your nerves as your boss will not take that for a reason but a bad factor on your part.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks is generally better for small to mid-sized businesses and by far the easiest to use We move from Pastel simple because we were not happy with support and was complicated to use.

Anonymous

Company size: 5,001-10,000 employees

Review Source: Capterra

This review was submitted organically. No incentive was offered
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
5

Customer support

out of 5
5

Functionality

out of 5

December 2021

Quickly impressive!

To summarise its an incredibly attractive & useful product, both for sole traders and Limited companies. It's great value for money and can save a huge amount of time and headaches. This is particularly evident when you consider it as an interest in something that will without a doubt save you time, and may even lessen or cut your bookkeeper expenses totally. In view of that, I've have no problems in suggesting Quickbooks. Start with the 30-day trial to completely evaluate whether or not it meets your specific needs.

Pros

First and foremost, keep in mind that this is a product with a long history. The parent organization, Intuit has been creating expense and bookkeeping programming beginning around 1983. They are a US organization however adjusted Quickbooks for the UK market and duty framework in 2014. Quickbooks is one of the main bookkeeping programming arrangements with more than 624,000 endorsers in 2014 (a figure liable to have risen). Once more, that simply adds to the entire trust and security component. The greatest benefit of utilizing Quickbooks is the time and stress it will save you. When you're fully operational you'll see how effectively you can keep all of your bookkeeping records forward-thinking. It truly turns into a breeze. Also the biggest advantage is that you're no longer shackled to your desk! saving your opportunity to develop your business. All of that for only a couple of pounds a month implies it truly is an easy decision and one of the best choices you'll make when maintaining a business.

Cons

Nothing is perfect and to guarantee a decent Quickbooks review it's vital that you're aware of the disadvantages too. Right off the bat, similar to any product, it's somewhat flawed. There are some reviews on Trustpilot surveys of individuals encountering technical issues. Regardless of whether that is with connecting bank accounts or individuals simply doing something wrong. However it's frustrating when such things happen. However, to alleviate that, Quickbooks do have a pretty responsive tech support team. There are a huge number of surveys that describe the supportiveness and persistence of the Quickbooks customer service team. So it's reassuring to know that should you encounter a problem, they'll assist you with tackling it rapidly. The other negative worth focusing on is that with any product there is an expectation to absorb information. You'll have to invest some time figuring out how to take full advantage of its capabilities. Fortunately, Quickbooks make it relative easy with instinctive plan and design and a lot of tutorials and help material.

Yelena

Company size: 51-200 employees

Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
5

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

November 2021

QuickBooks for Succu

Easy to follow instructions, many features to run your business smooy

Pros

QuickBooks is a great software for anyone. It’s easy to use and you are not required to be an account to use it. It’s also compared to other softwares fairly cheap

Cons

Some critical fields are missing but you can always buy additional add-on. Annual fees are also a con but it’s not too expensive.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Price

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

It was a lot cheaper

Response from Intuit

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a review, Yelena! We're so glad to hear that QuickBooks Desktop is working seamlessly for you so far. Yes, you're exactly right! QuickBooks Desktop can integrate with several different 3rd party Apps/programs that offer additional features that may be helpful for what you're needing. To take a look at what's available, you can visit: https://desktop.apps.com/home If you need anything else or have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks Desktop Support using the (?) Help icon in-product! All the best! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Replied December 2021

Emerson

Company size: 2-10 employees

Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
5

Customer support

out of 5
5

Functionality

out of 5

March 2021

Quickbooks is the gold standard

Quickbooks has become an indispensable element of my business, and I'm still using it after 11 years. It simplifies payroll, AP, AR and anything else my accountant would charge me to do.

Pros

Quickbooks has very intuitive accounting functionality for a novice to learn from. While it's possible to make some mistakes as a rookie, their software support has always been very knowledgeable and quick to help us. The baked-in functionalities that interact with your bank, your accountant and countless other applications are hard to overlook. Overall, it's a great product at an affordable price.

Cons

Some of the default invoice settings take some work to customize. Also, sending invoices one at a time is a bit cumbersome once you start doing dozens of daily invoices. Further, there are programs that offer a better breadcrumb trail to find user changes.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Colleagues told me QuickBooks was better.

Patrice

Company size: 2-10 employees

Industry: Religious Institutions

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
4

Value for money

out of 5
2

Customer support

out of 5
5

Functionality

out of 5

March 2021

Great Tool but you still need to know Accounting Principles and Rules

QuickBooks has helped us with getting things done quicker and more efficiently. Dealing with Customer support can be tricky but it doesn't happen often. The reports that we produce help our Executive Leaders and Board of Directors stay informed of our financial position and are fairly easy to produce. Most accountants are familiar with QuickBooks so it is easy to send them data when preparing our year end filings.

Pros

Its fairly easy to use as long as you know Accounting Principles and Rules. It's not going to tell you what GL numbers to post things to so you have to know this before attempting to post things. The accounts payable (Vendors) and Accounts receivable (Customers) is pretty easy to use. Reconciling is quick and easy (as opposed to doing it my hand which I used to do). Calculation sales tax can be tricky...you need to make sure it's set up correctly. I like that the desktop version can be used in a multi-user environment so more than one person can work in it at a time.

Cons

The worst thing about this product is their customer support. They are hard to get in contact with, try to charge you for every little thing and unless you get someone who actually knows what they're doing (instead of working off a script) they can really mess thing up more than you can imagine.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

ICMS was not meeting our growing needs. We needed to split our Donor Management and Financial Management in two segments. QuickBooks met our needs perfectly at the time. That was 20 years ago and it still meets our needs. They give a great discount to non-profits too which is a big plus.

User Profile

Alain Jove

Verified reviewer

Company size: 501-1,000 employees

Industry: Telecommunications

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
3

Value for money

out of 5
2

Customer support

out of 5
5

Functionality

out of 5

February 2021

Bookkeeping has never been easy with this

Overall, QB is an awesome accounting tool especially for noobs like me who doesn't have any background on the matter. It does a great job of updating the reporting data and a scheduled cutoff time to allow you to know that some data won't still be present and are still in the works. Payroll, sales, and the likes are just made simple because of this.

Pros

This relatively easy to use app is outstanding. With its simple interface with a lot of features for the average and the advanced user makes importing and exporting a breeze. Although it has selected platforms to integrate to, it still works well and does a great job with automating business and even my personal finances. I like the way reporting templates for weekly, monthly, are there for ease of use, which can be customized further to suit my needs. It's easy and convenient because it avoid the human error of calculations with old method of pen and paper, and even the improved ones of using spreadsheets and its counterpart apps. It is even better with optional plugins to make accounting a walk in the park, that's for a small additional fee of course.

Cons

This is a bit pricy compared to other apps out there that have more or less the same functionality. It would be helpful if the excel/csv import can be better as sometimes the alignments and other elements have minor issues. And this is the same with switching from one mode to another which can sometimes have issues with the entries. And lastly, it would be nice to improve the quality that the customer service provides because it is not really great. I'm sorry to say but it's not so customer service oriented that the Quality Assurance department should work hard in weeding out those bad apples.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Lightspeed Retail was my first choice and I learned and tried QuickBooks after a few months of using the former, which are both great products to improve accounting tasks.

Tiffany

Company size: 2-10 employees

Industry: Public Safety

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
5

Ease-of-use

out of 5
4

Value for money

out of 5
3

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

February 2021

Advertising versus delivered

Overall, the software is very functional and user friendly. The extra steps that I use outside the software would be nice if they were integrated, but I have been doing them for the last 4 years, so it doesn't affect my routine. I like how quickly I can create an invoice if someone asks and I can fill in the blanks for tracking later without affecting my bottom line.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. Getting to individual accounts is easy and straight forward. The importing of bank records saves me a ton of time doing payroll and reimbursements each month. I can track all of the owner's businesses in one place without paying extra per company added.

Cons

We opted for this version because of the PO tracking. The problem is, the PO's are not created by us. They are created by our customers so we can't actually use that part of the software that we paid for. I can still run reports and track project time and expenses, but I can't track a PO given to us and how much left to be billed. I still have to do that manually. It also doesn't integrate with T-sheets without renaming projects on one platform or the other. One is for my engineers, the other is for our customers tracking. The two do not use the same formatting.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The owner of the company opted for Enterprise because of the PO tracking ability and being able to track multiple companies in one piece of software instead of paying per company like QB online. However, the tracking is for PO's we create and that is not how our company works. The PO's are given to us by our customers. Pro would have fulfilled our needs in this case.

April

Company size: 1 employee

Industry: Arts and Crafts

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
3

Ease-of-use

out of 5
4

Value for money

out of 5
4

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

February 2021

Vital tool for small business

I recently purchased the 2020 version of Quickbooks for desktop, after updating my Mac operating system and finding out that I was basically locked out of 2012 version that I had been using - it could not be used with my new OS and I couldn't access any of my business files. After considerable research, I discovered that I could download a trial of a newer version so that I could access my information, but then I needed to decide whether I wanted to purchase a new version of QB for desktop or begin using the online version. I decided to get the 2020 for desktop because I tried the online program and did not like it at all. There is definitely a learning curve if you've never been a Quickbooks user before, but it far exceeds any other accounting software or program I've tried.

Pros

Quickbooks offers everything I need to manage the accounts for my sole proprietorship, from budgeting and expense tracking to documenting vehicle mileage, all in one program. There are myriad other aspects of the program, such as inventory tracking, that I do not even utilize because I haven't taken the time to learn them.

Cons

While I have been using Quickbooks for desktop for years now, I still have to look up how to do things and it is not a very intuitive program for someone who did not go to school for accounting or business. If it was more intuitive, I would probably use more of the features.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I already knew how to use Quickbooks for desktop, and I did not want to learn a whole new program. I would possibly use both programs if they were more similar.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Excel, while useful, was not sufficient to run my business, and much more labor intensive.

Andy

Company size: 2-10 employees

Industry: Computer Software

Time used: More than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
4

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
5

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

February 2021

My Accountant Recommended This!

Overall I was happy with QB - I can access my accounts from my mobile and see what's happening in my company. As I said before, using software which is recommended by various Accountants speaks for itself!

Pros

Just like any other kind of cloud application, the more you use Quickbooks, the more you enjoy using it and discovering more features. The fact that you can generate sales graphs simply is a great feature for generating reports for investors is a superb feature. Most importantly, this was recommended by my Accountant who could quickly export all of the data into their own system. This saved me a lot of money in the long run.

Cons

Maybe too many menus to choose from which I would like to have the option of hiding. Since there are a lot of features and add-ons, some do not apply to me. So, more space please!

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Ease of use, compatibility with Accountant's system and easy to learn.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Zoho books was far too complex for me to setup. So I needed something that only took minutes instead of my valuable hours!

User Profile

Andrew

Verified reviewer

Company size: 11-50 employees

Industry: Internet

Time used: Less than 2 years

Review Source: Capterra

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incentive as a thank you.
4

Ease-of-use

out of 5
5

Value for money

out of 5
1

Customer support

out of 5
4

Functionality

out of 5

February 2021

Great Value for the Price

Overall, my company has been happy with our switch to QuickBooks. We previously used Netsuite for our accounting software, but the subscription fees were outrageous and the features were difficult to manage and execute. QuickBooks offers what we need for a very reasonable price on a user-friendly format. I would definitely recommend this to small businesses who do not need a lot of advanced functionality.

Pros

The QuickBooks software is very affordable with lots of good out-of-box features. AR and AP functions are very easy to use for novice users of the software. There are a lot of templated reports that are very helpful for weekly and monthly accounting tasks (Payroll, Vendor Payments, Sales, etc.). The software also allows you to add on a variety of additional features through plug-ins, which you can access for a nominal monthly fee. For example, the BIll.com integration is excellent for paying your vendors online, eliminating the need for mailing out checks each month.

Cons

The biggest issue with QuickBooks is their customer service department. Whenever we have issues that cannot be resolved by an internal administrator, it takes days and sometimes weeks before an Intuit rep returns our messages. We've been using the software a little over a year and have already been passed around to several different account reps. At one point, their response time was so poor I had to request a different rep. The other thing I find cumbersome with the software is the sales reporting. While the templates are helpful, I often end up with a lot of superfluous information, and the reports are not very malleable, even once exported to Xcel. This is an area I feel could be greatly improved with minimal effort from Intuit.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Netsuite was much too expensive and we did not use all of the custom functionality.

Showing 1 - 25 of 18,985 reviews
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

4.5/5 out of 19,072 reviews
PriceWatch Demo