(10,745)

(5,938)

5,938

(1,084)

1,084

• Pros

• "Product is very easy to navigate and extremely efficient. I have and will continue to recommend it! "

• "I love this software, everything about it. It is so easy and efficient to use and it is not complex at all."

• "I love everything about this software! I love how it makes it easy to do almost everything and that even the most inexperienced person can figure it out."

• Cons

• "The interface is often confusing, because of the variety of commands, however several friends use it and share experiences with me."

• "The search engine was changed and now it doesn't work as it used to. Overall is a very good app for the money."

• "It is not intuitive and reviewing old operations is a bit difficult but the system gradually learns and ends up being a great accounting and administrative tool"

Browse QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

Jane from Ryder Author Resources

Industry: Publishing

Worth the price tag

I started out learning QuickBooks on the desktop version for a previous job, and the software has come a long, long way since then. The online version is well organized, easy to use, and in the three years I've been using it I've never run into a single glitch.

Pros

QuickBooks online gives me one place to track everything related to money for my small business: income, expenses, taxes, and payroll. It's easy to set up and use, and I like knowing that even when I'm not paying as much attention to some of the bookkeeping as I should, it's still being tracked for when I have time to get to it.

Cons

It's a little pricey and the help/FAQs aren't always that helpful, but those quibbles are greatly outweighed by how easy and useful it is.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

One of the things that makes QB worth the price tag is that it includes *everything* a small business needs. Rather than having to track income, expenses, taxes, and payroll in separate places, everything is linked and organized in one place.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

At least at the time I made the switch, FreshBooks didn't support expense tracking or tax software integration.

Tiffany from EZ Spectrum

Industry: Public Safety

Advertising versus delivered

Overall, the software is very functional and user friendly. The extra steps that I use outside the software would be nice if they were integrated, but I have been doing them for the last 4 years, so it doesn't affect my routine. I like how quickly I can create an invoice if someone asks and I can fill in the blanks for tracking later without affecting my bottom line.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. Getting to individual accounts is easy and straight forward. The importing of bank records saves me a ton of time doing payroll and reimbursements each month. I can track all of the owner's businesses in one place without paying extra per company added.

Cons

We opted for this version because of the PO tracking. The problem is, the PO's are not created by us. They are created by our customers so we can't actually use that part of the software that we paid for. I can still run reports and track project time and expenses, but I can't track a PO given to us and how much left to be billed. I still have to do that manually. It also doesn't integrate with T-sheets without renaming projects on one platform or the other. One is for my engineers, the other is for our customers tracking. The two do not use the same formatting.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The owner of the company opted for Enterprise because of the PO tracking ability and being able to track multiple companies in one piece of software instead of paying per company like QB online. However, the tracking is for PO's we create and that is not how our company works. The PO's are given to us by our customers. Pro would have fulfilled our needs in this case.

Erik from Norcostco

QuickBooks Enterprise - not really suitable for multi-location businesses

QuickBooks Enterprise at first glance seemed like a good fit for my 5-location business. The feature set is rich, is a widely accepted accounting package and came with a nice support package. The fundamental features of the software are quite impressive and met the core needs of my business with range from retail sales to large projects. To handle the multiple locations, there is a "class" (location) construct that allows you to use a single chart of accounts and use class to designate where things apply. For standard income/expense accounts this works well and I can track sales and expenses easily. Where the implementation fall very short is with asset/liability accounts. For example, if you have 100 widgets in class A and 0 in class B (store A and store B) and you transfer 50 widgets to class B, the count of widgets is done correctly, but the inventory value of the transferred widgets still remains in the first class. It's made a mess of my inventory values and we've had to resort to processing manual GL entries anytime we transfer items from store to store. The same holds true with banking - the class structure is only partially implemented. There are work-arounds, but they're slow and cumbersome. Reporting is another soft spot. There are plenty of pre-made reports that are decent and you can build custom reports. The issue is that custom reports are very unstable and more often than not, you'll find that reports lock up (or frozen as you'll read everywhere). This makes them pretty much worthless unless you enjoy creating a new custom report every time you want to use one. Customer support is very energetic, but it's mainly people who have never used accounting software outside a PowerPoint driven training scenario. The usual answer is to either use Google or look on the Intuit community forums. Fairly disappointing. We've managed to figure most things out, but it's taken far longer than if we had access to people with real-world experience. There are a couple of great YouTube users (Hector) who were very helpful with their videos.

Pros

Simple interface Widely used by the industry 30 user capability Mid-rage price tag on a subscription basis

Cons

The class implementation is only partially implemented and causes great pain when using this to run multiple locations The performance is marginal Required a lot of extra plug-ins to accomplish things Custom reports are reasonably flexible, but are very, very unstable and aren't very usable. Customer support is lackluster with the common answer being, "have you looked on Google?" Credit card processing through Intuit is not competitively priced

Andrew from Swarming Technology

Great Value for the Price

Overall, my company has been happy with our switch to QuickBooks. We previously used Netsuite for our accounting software, but the subscription fees were outrageous and the features were difficult to manage and execute. QuickBooks offers what we need for a very reasonable price on a user-friendly format. I would definitely recommend this to small businesses who do not need a lot of advanced functionality.

Pros

The QuickBooks software is very affordable with lots of good out-of-box features. AR and AP functions are very easy to use for novice users of the software. There are a lot of templated reports that are very helpful for weekly and monthly accounting tasks (Payroll, Vendor Payments, Sales, etc.). The software also allows you to add on a variety of additional features through plug-ins, which you can access for a nominal monthly fee. For example, the BIll.com integration is excellent for paying your vendors online, eliminating the need for mailing out checks each month.

Cons

The biggest issue with QuickBooks is their customer service department. Whenever we have issues that cannot be resolved by an internal administrator, it takes days and sometimes weeks before an Intuit rep returns our messages. We've been using the software a little over a year and have already been passed around to several different account reps. At one point, their response time was so poor I had to request a different rep. The other thing I find cumbersome with the software is the sales reporting. While the templates are helpful, I often end up with a lot of superfluous information, and the reports are not very malleable, even once exported to Xcel. This is an area I feel could be greatly improved with minimal effort from Intuit.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Netsuite was much too expensive and we did not use all of the custom functionality.

Jean from Mbowa schools

Why I love quick books over other accounting softwares

After self teaching on YouTube, I can say, the software is a wonder to those of us who work with all of money. It helps organize everything and with a click, you can generate any report

Pros

What I loved the most was featured on the online version. I loved that I could share a live book keeping with someone else who would help me fix things if I messed up without having to come to my office, I love the whole reporting system. It's so organized and customizable. I love scheduling invoices and splitting transactions. I love that I can report everything in one click.

Cons

It's not so easy to get customer support for the desktop version. It looks like the online version works better. I didn't like that the price is fair but not everyone can afford it. It's not easy to navigate this software for first timers. I wish there were instructions to newbies.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quick books seemed much easier to understand to me. Expecially it's intergenerational ability.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

It's difficult to manage so many pages. It's like working on paper.

Gethsun from Sunculture

Quick Books Review

The low learning curve needed even and ease of use even to individuals with minimal accounting knowledge also I enjoy its robust inventory management and real-time accounting & reconciliation.

Pros

As a non accountant I found quick-books really easy to use with a well laid interface that has easily identifiable icons. The web version is the real deal it is very light with minimal lags and above all saves one the troubles of having to install on your PC. Also bank reconciliations are real time thanks to quick-books cross-software capabilities & integrations and lastly quick-book offers good value for money

Cons

I really do not like the user limitations that come with quick-books and also something needs to be done about the lack of features to link to hardware such as bar-code scanners and inventory tracking capabilities

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quick books provided a two in one solution giving both inventory and accounting functions

Waqar from Softronic Systems

"QuickBooks is an affordable business software"

- Extraordinary and best insight! - The organizing module is splendid as it awards me to screen my compensation and costs as demonstrated by the financial course of action and gives an entire impact on the association's presentation.

Pros

QuickBooks handles fundamentally all the bookkeeping issues in my alliance eg; Budgeting, charges partition, uncovering, charge status, and so on QuickBooks makes a fine showing up with significant bookkeeping limits, is overall simple to utilize, and the report suite is above and beyond for exclusive organizations.

Cons

Slow stacking on some work occasions, blunders in application, mistakes in establishment, and so on.

To save the cost.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I found it exceptionally good and easy to manage the things with Quickbooks rather than in Excel. It also makes the operations faster.

Mohammad Iqbal from MIKS

Quickbooks - Review

My overall experience of using Quickbooks for Accounting, CRM, Document Management and Reports was good.

Pros

It is very good in Accounting, Financials, Inventory, CRM, Document Management, Reporting, etc. It is a complete package. It is very easy to operate with user-friendly interface. The custom reports adds a good value to it. It is pretty good for the companies categorized under small to medium tier. It helps to easily manage all things in single place.

Cons

No support for bar codes and / or QR codes. Limitations in some areas like creating items, creating customers, reporting, company file size and even creating users.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

for arranging things and manage in one place.

Jeff from CatchMark Technologies

QuickBooks online review

Having an accounting system that allows us to manage all financials in one location is very important to us.

Pros

We have the ability to do almost everything needed to manage the financials and be able to have good support when needed.

Cons

The lack of a proposal tool is the one thing I wish there was. In my business, a simple estimate isn't enough.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We needed a solution that helped us in more ways than FreshBooks did.

As a freelancer, its great and very inexpensive...

So far, 6 months in - QuickBooks is fine and would recommend for those looking for an inexpensive accounting system for their small/medium-sized business.

Pros

It's great for people who are just starting out, as was I back in November 2020. I started up my own freelancing business for Web Design and Development and was able to quickly link my bank accounts, create invoices and keep track of my finances using the app. The online payment is cool, although PayPal takes a huge chunk of profit which meant I ended up asking clients to pay via Bank Transfer instead.

Cons

Payments being taken online is great, but PayPal takes a huge chunk of the money which is annoying and now means I ask my clients to make payments directly into my bank account to avoid the fees. I then reconcile the money manually which is fine.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Cheaper than Xero, recommended by other freelance / self-employed friends and family.

Alain Jove from Sales Retention Services

Bookkeeping has never been easy with this

Overall, QB is an awesome accounting tool especially for noobs like me who doesn't have any background on the matter. It does a great job of updating the reporting data and a scheduled cutoff time to allow you to know that some data won't still be present and are still in the works. Payroll, sales, and the likes are just made simple because of this.

Pros

This relatively easy to use app is outstanding. With its simple interface with a lot of features for the average and the advanced user makes importing and exporting a breeze. Although it has selected platforms to integrate to, it still works well and does a great job with automating business and even my personal finances. I like the way reporting templates for weekly, monthly, are there for ease of use, which can be customized further to suit my needs. It's easy and convenient because it avoid the human error of calculations with old method of pen and paper, and even the improved ones of using spreadsheets and its counterpart apps. It is even better with optional plugins to make accounting a walk in the park, that's for a small additional fee of course.

Cons

This is a bit pricy compared to other apps out there that have more or less the same functionality. It would be helpful if the excel/csv import can be better as sometimes the alignments and other elements have minor issues. And this is the same with switching from one mode to another which can sometimes have issues with the entries. And lastly, it would be nice to improve the quality that the customer service provides because it is not really great. I'm sorry to say but it's not so customer service oriented that the Quality Assurance department should work hard in weeding out those bad apples.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Lightspeed Retail was my first choice and I learned and tried QuickBooks after a few months of using the former, which are both great products to improve accounting tasks.

April from April Hale Jewelry

Vital tool for small business

I recently purchased the 2020 version of Quickbooks for desktop, after updating my Mac operating system and finding out that I was basically locked out of 2012 version that I had been using - it could not be used with my new OS and I couldn't access any of my business files. After considerable research, I discovered that I could download a trial of a newer version so that I could access my information, but then I needed to decide whether I wanted to purchase a new version of QB for desktop or begin using the online version. I decided to get the 2020 for desktop because I tried the online program and did not like it at all. There is definitely a learning curve if you've never been a Quickbooks user before, but it far exceeds any other accounting software or program I've tried.

Pros

Quickbooks offers everything I need to manage the accounts for my sole proprietorship, from budgeting and expense tracking to documenting vehicle mileage, all in one program. There are myriad other aspects of the program, such as inventory tracking, that I do not even utilize because I haven't taken the time to learn them.

Cons

While I have been using Quickbooks for desktop for years now, I still have to look up how to do things and it is not a very intuitive program for someone who did not go to school for accounting or business. If it was more intuitive, I would probably use more of the features.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I already knew how to use Quickbooks for desktop, and I did not want to learn a whole new program. I would possibly use both programs if they were more similar.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Excel, while useful, was not sufficient to run my business, and much more labor intensive.

Andy from Montgomery Group

My Accountant Recommended This!

Overall I was happy with QB - I can access my accounts from my mobile and see what's happening in my company. As I said before, using software which is recommended by various Accountants speaks for itself!

Pros

Just like any other kind of cloud application, the more you use Quickbooks, the more you enjoy using it and discovering more features. The fact that you can generate sales graphs simply is a great feature for generating reports for investors is a superb feature. Most importantly, this was recommended by my Accountant who could quickly export all of the data into their own system. This saved me a lot of money in the long run.

Cons

Maybe too many menus to choose from which I would like to have the option of hiding. Since there are a lot of features and add-ons, some do not apply to me. So, more space please!

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Ease of use, compatibility with Accountant's system and easy to learn.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Zoho books was far too complex for me to setup. So I needed something that only took minutes instead of my valuable hours!

Shweta from innovative vision

Quickbook is great tool with no accounting experience

Pros

After self instructing on YouTube, I can say, the product is a marvel to those of us who work with the entirety of cash. It coordinates everything and with a tick, you can produce any report.Great and best insight. The getting sorted out module is breathtaking as it grants me to screen my remuneration and expenses as shown by the monetary strategy and gives a whole effect on the affiliation's presentation.QuickBooks tackles practically all the bookkeeping issues in my association eg; Budgeting, charges instalment , detailing, charge planning and so on

Cons

I wished there was the capacity to produce different reports separated from the current one which is bookkeeping based as it were. - As much as it is useful for independent company as our own, it turns out to be difficult to utilize when the business develops and become large.The naming show for certain cycles are somewhat overwhelming until you adapt precisely where they are and what they are called. The updates can make highlights be migrated, making them hard to track down. Likewise with all cloud-based programming, once in a while there are issues with the online connectivity.The number of clients that can utilize it at the same time is restricted and we business people live on cooperation and especially need it.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Exceptionally simple to use and its quicker than forming everything into dominate and having save into my hard drive consume room. With quickbooks I realize all that Is saved to the item and everything is there when I require it

Van from MHACBO

Gets the job done

Overall, it's good. Based on the reporting and payroll functionality, I would recommend it to my colleagues, but I would also recommend they check out other options. There is lots of software out there, and I think the QB app is pretty weak, and it's likely you could find something that may be better. I also would strongly recommend studying the basics of accounting before you starting your account.

Pros

The reporting function, and the ability to integrate payroll (especially full service) is what makes this product for me. Full service payroll will file my tax forms, auto mail out W2s, and make 1099s fairly easy. I do have a state specific tax that my full service doesn't cover, requiring me to manually print and mail with a check, which can be a bit of a pain.. but it does make me appreciate how much time the other payroll automation has saved me. If you structure your system right, the reporting function is very powerful. Unfortunately, not a lot of people have the foresight going into the software on how to appropriately structure things, so I'd recommend planning out your books with an accountant before hand.

Cons

The customer service is terrible. I usually get forwarded from person to person because I'm in the "wrong department," but I know it's because the person just doesn't know the answer. I do have an accounting degree, so I expect to be more knowledgeable about certain aspects of the system when I call in, but, usually my phone calls are to resolve a software bug or issue. I also think they made a big mistake when they changed their pricing structure by limiting departments/classes to 40 per user. The number is too low, and I previously had unlimited departments/classes, to which Quickbooks made me reduce my total amount when they transitioned to the new pricing structure, with threat of suspension none-the-less. I think that's a pretty terrible thing to do to a long time customer, who had been using the software for 5 years before these limits went into place.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I thought Sage was antiquated, slow and the interface was horrendous.

Audrey from Quartz Cloud Accounting

Great Cloud Solution

After moving my records and my clients record to QBO it has progressed smoothly and I don't think I can ever go back to my old desktop programs.

Pros

I like that I have the option to do small task on my iPhone and being able to access my clients and my own businesses account from any device if I'm away from my office. I really like that my clients and I can work on their companies books in real time together over a Video or audio call.

Cons

The biggest con is if your internet and cellular service is unavailable leaving you with no way to make your deadlines. It's happened.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

After reviewing my options QuickBooks seamed to suit my needs best.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I tried to move from Sage 50 Accounting to Sage one, which later became Sage Business Cloud Accounting. I followed the outlined steps (which initially required a Microsoft Business Subscription) and moved as the programs progressed, but at the time what they were trying to do wasn't ready and support was very lacking.

Fidelis from fidexweb

QuickBooks Software 2021 review

The installation process is easy and smooth. which at some point as you about your business and the right tools or QuickBooks feature you would like to choose. But, it is always good to set all features. It is well tailored to the core accounting needs of all companies. It is deeply rooted in accounting principles, so that every organization, regardless of size, should keep its books and corporate financials structured and properly registered.

Pros

I would like to start with the desired features of this software. Their pricing plan was structured in a way that one can make good any choice and still have a better feature. They have four pricing plan ( QuickBooks Simple start, Essential, Plus and Advance(recently added)) and price of $12,$20,$35 and $75 respectively . All this plans has a dedicated number of users ranging from one to three. Each of this plans has great features of which Invoices Tracking, Bill and online banking are common among them. The installation process is easy and smooth. which at some point as you about your business and the right tools or QuickBooks feature you would like to choose. But, it is always good to set all features. The navigation bar containing your dashboard is flexible and easy to make choices regarding the selected features. At the right panel is where you found "CREATE" tab, which divides the sections of the software into four namely, "Customers, vendors, employees and others". Each of the dropdown menu will help you to manage your accounting processes. QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps to handle expenses, tasks, invoices and more for small to large businesses. It comes with a centralized dashboard that allows users to use key performance metrics to gain insights into market patterns and organizational performance (KPIs). It is well tailored to the core accounting needs of all companies.

Cons

Initially, the customer support service and other little issue was the cons. But as at today, the customer service has been improve through instant chat and some added feature such as QuickBooks advance to enhance operations , their avoid any cons that can be attributed to this great software.

Shane from proHNS LLC

Industry: Civil Engineering

QuickBooks Online Review - Power User Perspective

Overall QB Online has been a positive experience, but there are a lot of things I wish I knew before diving in. Payroll has been the source of many issues, and there are certain features that could be easily added that haven't been. Online has streamlined some of our processes a bit though compared to Desktop, and the price is appealing compared to Desktop + cloud hosting.

Pros

QBO is fairly easy to get set up and going. We had a rocky start because we had to import a lot of data from QuickBooks Desktop, and that imported failed the first try. After the second attempt we were in much better shape. We did some cleanup and were good to go in a week. There are still some artifacts that have carried over from Desktop that QBO has no way to clean up, but they aren't intrusive on everyday work. We also love that everything is in the cloud and accessible by up to 5 accounts.

Cons

Once again, the import to Online from Desktop was not the greatest. If you cam, avoid this import and start fresh in QBO. There are also some significant features missing from QBO that can be found in the Desktop version of the software. QBO Payroll also appears to be much more restrictive than Desktop Payroll, and support is not great in this area.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Cost mainly, but also because the import was supposed to be easier. I can't say if it was because I haven't gotten to try these other software's, but it wasn't as cut and dry as it was made out to be by the QBO team. There was a lot of editing and setup to do after the data was transferred.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The main factors were the cost and the availability. Being cloud hosted was a must for us, and paying for Desktop to be cloud hosted is expensive. We had 2 user accounts for QB Desktop and that cost quite a bit more than the 5 accounts we get with QB Online. QBO is also somewhat simplified compared to Desktop (could be a good or bad thing, depending on who you are and your role).

Theresa from Prairie Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Quickbooks online review

It had been a number of years since I had used Quickbooks, until recently. I'm happy to say the program is as user friendly as I recalled. We have since transitioned to online version for more robust project costing. The transition was seamless and did not require any particular IT training, which was appreciated. The online version is easy to use, but has lots of room to improve upon its current functionality.

Pros

Very intuitive, functional program. You do not need to be an accountant to use this program. We recently upgrade to the online version from the desktop version to track project costs more accurately. I am happy to see the many improvements and advancements. The project cost tracking is simple, and graphic visuals translate current status very nicely. The dashboards are wonderful for management team, at a glance they can make a quick assessment of financial well being. Making corrections within this program has to be one fo the quickest and easiest in all my experience.

Cons

The project portion could be more robust. I would like to see more detail available on project set up. Project custom reporting could use some improvement, as what is currently available while useful, not creative or customizable. The tax reporting features are wonderful, easy to use but do not allow for issuing any necessary remittances with ease. Something I saw frequently mentioned in help communities for some time now, but there has been no improvement made here. Hopefully something that can be expected in the near future.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I implemented a trial on each program, read product reviews and assessed cost benefit. The other products provided more granular project details, costing etc, but that was coupled with complexity and high implementation and annual fees. And BigTime would have been a plug on to quickbooks, which in my experience usually leads to integration difficulties. Quickbooks was already familiar to the management team, the transition was pretty much guaranteed to be simple. Testing of online version provided that there was definitely improvement over the desktop version for project costing, and the price was very advantageous and no locked in subscription length. We elected to give this products a try, rationalizing that it was cost effective and should we discover it was not the right choice it was easily remedied. So far we have not been disappointed.

Sylvester from Global Strategic Communications Limited

EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED FOR YOUR BUSINESS TO RUN SMOOTHLY

Generally good. Works well and anyone running a small or big business should try it. I had used other programs to manage my business but everything seemed not to work well. I'm not proficient in bookkeeping or accounting and couldn't bear the cost of the overhead of securing expensive programs in the market. QuickBooks which was alluded by my former lecturer had the option to get me coordinated and smoothly running. I can now manage the business better, as well as pay all staff and contractual workers/representatives and expenses. It makes me feel like a super manager, a great accountant, bookkeeper, and HRM.

Pros

Easy to Learn and Easy to utilize. Its cost is amazingly sensible, and significant. I was effectively ready to smooth out my business data from the financial balance which helped in light of the fact that I don't possess the energy for the information passage that other programming programs required. Client support is stunning, they are really solid eager to assist, and have consistently had the option to fulfill any issue with speed and productivity.

Cons

Everything is generally good and seems to work well though I recommend they improve the invoicing feature.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Excell was not as versatile and full of powerful features as Quickbooks is.

Caralyn from SNF Therapy

Better for Cash Based Accounting

It's definitely best for cash based accounting. We prefer an accrual method for several reasons so having to fit into the "box" of cash based accounting has been quite an adjustment. The customer service was also hit or miss. I'm not an accountant, I just manage the finances for our organization, but many of the reps expect you to understand all of the accounting terms and aren't the most charitable teachers. A few, on the other hand, were extremely personable and very dedicated to getting us the help we need to be able to use QB on our own.

Pros

It syncs seamlessly with our bank and the reports (P/L, Balance Sheet, etc) are very easy to understand and quickly capture ay updates you've made.

Cons

Customizing the chart of accounts was quite a chore. We've been using the same system in excel for years and it took months to finally create a chart of accounts in QB that met our needs. Even with an accountant doing our bookkeeping.

Cost and web access.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Five years of financial data in the spreadsheet made it crash. We also needed past data to not be "locked" and no longer editable. Many investors required PL and Balance Sheets which couldn't as easily be created in Excel.

Samuel from Samblack Group of Companies

Excellent Accounting Solution Application

The arranging module is brilliant as it grants me to screen my pay and expenses as indicated by the monetary arrangement and gives a whole effect on the affiliation's display. - I revered the flexibility of the item concerning getting together with programming from various dealers. - The assessing is astonishing especially for little and approaching associations. - Very easy to learn and put it being utilized, no issues as of recently. No mishaps, bugs, or hanging. Assessing was satisfactory and was pas per our monetary arrangement. - The size of the affiliation was in like manner a matter of thought.

Pros

QuickBooks handles basically all the accounting issues in my affiliation eg; Budgeting, charges portion, uncovering, charge status, etc QuickBooks makes a fine appearing with major accounting limits, is by and large easy to use, and the report suite is beyond anyone's expectations for privately owned businesses.

Cons

The item doesn't have the current business design features like barcoding and part following. - Limitation on the amount of customers is moreover one of the perspectives I disdained. - I wished there was the ability to create various reports isolated from the current one which is accounting based in a manner of speaking. - As much as it is valuable for private endeavor as our own, it ends up being hard to use when the business creates and end up being enormous.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Exceptionally easy to utilize and its faster than composing everything into excel and having save into my hard drive occupy room. With quickbooks I know all that Is saved to the product and all is there when I require it

Abigail from Colorado Autism Consultants

Great software, but has limitations

I really appreciate the overall functionality of Quickbooks products and the ease of use as someone who didn't have a strong financial background before starting my own business. There are some clear limitations in their data migration and their customer service that have made me consider other options before, but overall, when I am not in the data migration phase or needing customer support, then the product itself meets my needs well.

Pros

Quickbooks is really user friendly for the small business owner once it's up and running. It does a great job of integrating the core financial functions that all small businesses have, and really helps to streamline tax liabilities into an understandable and manageable format. The reporting features are simple and easy to use. I love that it has apps that integrate into it that can better cover the areas that Quickbooks doesn't rally cover, such as benchmarking.

Cons

There are a whole host of Quickbooks products that are good individually and that we either use currently or have used in the past (QB payroll , Full Service Intuit Payroll, Quickbooks Online, Quickbooks Self-Employed). One would think that by all being Quickbook products, that they would integrate well with one another and that data could be easily transferred from one product to another...definitely NOT the case. I've spent countless excruciating weeks trying to get my data transferred from QB desktop to QB online, and for another business from QB online to QB Desktop. Quickbooks Payroll and Intuit Payroll don't transfer over easily either. There is no way to migrate data between Self-Employed and the next level of QB. It's a bit mind-numbing. On some of the products, they promise support in migrating data, but in our experiences over the years, support is rarely able to actually fix the problems and will often tell you they will call you back after being on the phone for long periods of time, but then won't tell you when they'll call and if you miss the call, they will mark your case as resolved. Despite their clear and present flaws, I continue to use them, as the products themselves serve the needs of small businesses well - but I dread any time that I need to make a change in a Quickbooks product, as it's always significantly more difficult that it should be.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I like the inclusive features of Quickbooks. My accountant is also proficient at Quickbooks, and I like that she is able to log-in through the accountant portal to help fix issues that I run into.

Cristina from Diversified Financial Resolutions

A MUST for your business

I initially purchased software to easily take care of my own books, pay contractors and taxes. Im not an accountant and could not afford the overhead of acquiring one. QuickBooks which was referred by my bank was able to get me organized and paying contractors/employees and taxes in a way that made me feel like I was an accountant.

Pros

Easy to used, price for product is extremely reasonable, and peace of mind for my business. I was easily able to streamline my business information from bank account which helped because I don't have the time for the data entry that other software programs required. Customer service is amazing, they genuinely sound happy to help and have always been able to satisfy any issue with speed and efficiency.

Cons

Limitations on number of users and I would like more professional looking invoices.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks offers so many more options and is priced undervalue.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Excel required time spent doing data entry and I didn't have the time.

Candice from CVD Event Studio

Industry: Photography

Essential items in small Business

I love my quickbooks service, all for the organization I can take a look at all our financial information in one place and as my business grows I know Quickbooks and the services can handle it all. Most of all I love the invoicing and the mobile app to keep me organized on the go.

Pros

Where do I begin, first off I need simple! With a busy life and running a small business I don't want to wrap my head around learning a new program. The ease of use was essential and provided, especially with the quick tabs and help buttons, live chat availability. It is comforting to know so much help is available. Also the app is on my phone to create instant invoices on the go so I don't miss anything and I have it set up to send automatic reminders for any outstanding invoices. I also track all my milage to help with convenient reports for the accountant.

Cons

For me it is the cost per month, we are all trying to cut costs and previous you could purchase a program and use it for 5+ years however with changing times and choices in computers, an online service is what we had to go with and it is a monthly fee now.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I switched from a temporary online accounting service that was free however it was very limiting and as my business grew it wasn't able to handle what I needed. When I switched I lost everything as it was temporary and without paying you could not recover or save information.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2020

Thank you so much for leaving this kind review, Candice. It's heartwarming to hear that QuickBooks has helped make your busy life easier. Knowing that all of our hard work has paid off is the greatest reward. To stay updated on exciting product news, we encourage you to check out the QuickBooks Blog. https://www.quickbooks-blog.com/ Wishing you a successful rest of your business year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Yazid from QHB Publishing and Design

"Goes Above and Beyond, Simple Maneuverability, Ease of Use, Fast and Reliable"

Overall Quickenbooks has been a Pleasure to Use. I switched over from Freshbooks. It's been the best answer for accounting, financing and bookkeeping . The fundamental bookkeeping is easy to learn. I find the Customer Service to be Excellent. Its been an all around great experience and I would Recommend Quickbooks to anyone.

Pros

QuickBooks is anything but difficult to bring into, send out of and straightforwardly incorporate with specific stages. The product was worked considering the client experience. In general, I'm content with Quick Books and would prescribe to any entrepreneur. I truly like the retained exchange list, where I can just consequently have repeating installments deducted from my framework rather its month to month, quarterly, or yearly. It can likewise be set up as an update when certain bills are expected for installment. It's exceptionally simple to stack, monitor your merchants and your clients just as your own organization information, for example, diagram of records, and things or administrations that your organization gives. The report place is very easy to understand with reports effectively accessible by adding a date reach, and it additionally offers the client to make their own ensemble reports

Cons

I do wish discounting customers with credit adjusts was somewhat simpler. You have to have a receipt produced with charges prior to finishing a credit notice to send a discount check. From time to time a price may be lower than advertised and I would like to show reflection on the original invoice without having to create a new one.Hopefully there is a less difficult way, and I simply need to figure it out. The cost is somewhat higher than the opposition, however all my needs are met. Nonetheless, The help isn't as simple to work with as I might want. Be that as it may, contrasted with a portion of the competiton, its better than not having any.

Ease of use, Support, Functionality, Cost

Theodore from Friends Nursery School

"'Undertaking' Appellation Undeserved"

The lamentable truth is that a QB Company record can get ruined whenever for various reasons, and once undermined your essential choice is to present the document to the Intuit Data Recovery group, who illuminate you that their fix exertion will take up to three (3) business days, during which time your business tasks are viably suspended. My recommendation is to consider cautiously whether your business can recuperate from such an interruption prior to wagering its future on QB as a business task stage.

Pros

QuickBooks makes a fine showing with fundamental bookkeeping capacities, is generally simple to utilize, and the report suite is more than sufficient for independent ventures.

Cons

QuickBooks Enterprise Manufacturing and Wholesale form just doesn't function as promoted, as two models among many will illustrate. QB offers 'Progressed Pricing' usefulness which empowers the client to characterize and apply estimating rules over their customer program and stock things list. These guidelines are proposed to permit the QB client to apply a 60% no matter how you look at it rebate for customers Ajax and AAA, while customers Acme and Consolidated get that equivalent markdown in addition to custom valuing on things X, Y, and Z. Nonetheless, after the valuing rules have been applied and those customers are being charged, changing the receipt or boat date brings about the cancellation of the delivery cost detail, and changes to the estimating of things on the receipt. Examination with QB uphold uncovered that Advanced Pricing experiences a bug that was known to Intuit for in any event multi month preceding when I summoned the Advanced Pricing usefulness, and an entire month later Intuit has been not able to cure the bug. Subsequent to summoning the 'Progressed Inventory' include set, which consequently makes an outsource stockroom site, I discovered that item being bought from a provider and dispatched straightforwardly to our customer was being taken out by QB from the check of actual stock occupant on our premises. Intuit technical support rep's reaction was (reworded) "That doesn't appear to be correct, yet I don't think a lot about Advanced Inventory - you shou

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Dominate was difficult to catch all verifiable information, records keeping was troublesome. Each sheet was independent and didn't converse with different sheets without any problem.

Quickbooks

My experience with the QuickBooks had been for almost less than 2 years and even though I was not in the accounting department, I had to maintain the inventory, reporting of general ledger, all the sales purchases made, and made sure all the products that we have physically available, they were in the system with their exact specifications so that at the time of creating sale orders, the exact name and specs would appear with their exact cost and the remaining product count would be the same as it was physically available.

Pros

The best part about QuickBooks was that it was online and we had the ability to work even though we were not on the office premises and it allowed us to work efficiently and effectively. We used it for inventory management, documentation, general ledger, Sale orders, purchase orders, and invoicing.

Cons

Even though it has customization in its reporting mechanism but it takes time and effort to get exactly what we want and at crucial times it gets a little hectic to generate a report where we need results faster.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

This was a desktop tool and we kept getting attacks on our server and for that, we had to take daily backups in case we get ransomware and other attacks so that we could start from where left, at times it would get hectic when the hackers disabled all the accesses and the administrative accounts, so we had to recover the administrator password and reinstall the windows server and do everything from the scratch with uploading the last saved data we had before the attack. So we disconnected the server from the internet and it was only accessible on the internal network.

Vincent from Airlines

QuickBooks for Businesses in Fiji

The overall experience with QuickBooks was pleasant. I would definitely recommend this to others for use especially startups. It does all of the work and the tech & online supports is readily available.

Pros

After using various Accounting software that was common in my country (Fiji) like MYOB & XERO i was quite reluctant to use QuickBooks just for the fact that NOBODY else here uses it or even heard of it. However, after using it for a few days I found that it's really great! Right away, a huge PRO for me was the fact that I could attach source documents to pertinent transactions as proof of purchase or payment. This was critical as the Fiji IRS are really strict on this. Also, because some Invoices & receipts fade in time, having copies of source documents there were really great. Another pro is the dashboard itself as soon as you log in. You see the the breakdown of all transactions over a specific period of time represented in a pie chart. This was really cool and it helped me report to my superiors as I could rely on QuickBooks to relay information vital to business decision making. Among other advantages, QuickBooks is very easy to use that helps business owners that have no Accounting experience keep their books in order.

Cons

Perhaps something I realized really quickly was that fact that I could not review transactions to see what accounts would be affected if I made an entry. For example, if a certain vendor was also listed as a customer for the business, I cannot review whether I chose the "vendor" or the "customer" and its effect on the Debits & Credits. In MYOB, I could press ctrl+R to review transactions and it would tell me what accounts are affected and it would confirm whether I selected the right item or not. Producing a chart of accounts report was very hard in QuickBooks. There was no option to allow me to do this easily. Also, producing a report for monthly Tax returns purposes was quite a challenge. I noticed that producing accounting specific reports like Profit & Loss or Balance Sheet was quite easy. However, when it comes to other reports that lie outside of the Accounting scope, producing reports aren't that easy. A good examples was the Tax reports I needed.

Rachel from Rogerson Aircraft Corp

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Review for QuickBooks

Quickbooks is mainly for local accounting applications such as my company. It also provides a basic version that can accept business transactions, manage and pay bills, and manage payroll functions, which is really cost efficient. It provides an introductory accounting solution, many of which provide basic inventory management. This is a great tool for start-ups and small and medium enterprises. I will always consider Quickbooks if I own a business one day because it offers a 30-day free trial period, which includes all functions. It will largely cut my cost and make accounting easy to use, accessible and friendly.

Pros

Quickbooks provides cloud storage, so I can work anytime, anywhere, it also create and send invoices, tracking sales and transactions whenever and wherever you are. The best part about Quickbooks is that I don't need any training or experts for its use. I can connect your bank account, which will automatically import transactions and categorize them. I could also add third-party apps or tools to make a snapshot of receipts and save it on my mobile device. The quick manual makes coordination and communication easy. I can send journal entries directly to customers without any third-party tools, without calling customers or manually mailing them to the payment reminders. It can send journal entries as attachments without worrying about printing or exporting to PDF. For me, I don't have enough time to manually check the errors in the bill, so I could check them with the Quickbooks tool, which scans and highlights the errors in the document.

Cons

One of the main problems with Quickbooks is the audit record of the software. Both accountants and business owners like the company's financial information flow and need to be in-depth and well-documented. Although Quickbooks does provide an audit trail for most information, in some cases financial information can be changed without keeping any documents. Essentially, this means that the software has left loopholes that may "fix" the company's financial records. Depending on how customers use the software, another potential problem is that Quickbooks does not come with fixed assets. Intuit, which implements supervision now provides a separate report for listing the company's fixed assets. Although the wide range of Quickbooks features may seem positive, for some smaller businesses, they may overwhelm because they may make the software more difficult to use and understand. Although many small businesses still use Quickbooks for the single entry, Quickbooks is also more suitable for two entry billing.

Julie from Seattle Counseling Service

Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy but Incomplete, Still Usually the Best Option

QuickBooks is really all there is in a lot of ways, with so much of the market share, they don't have to be REALLY good, just work. It's too bad because it's overall a solid product as long as you choose the traditional PC version that requires either one user or a server. I have been using QuickBooks for 20+ years and while I have also had the pleasure of other software, this is the one I am always most comfortable in. That said, it'd do from a big upgrade of it's online and Mac version.

Pros

QuickBooks desktop for PC is the simplest option for most businesses, it has all the features that you need for small- medium sized businesses and for the most part, it's a great option. It is easy to change things when you make mistakes (see cons) and it has robust reporting for an inexpensive program. The system is so widely used, most folks know how to operate it and it's incredibly easy to train if not. It's an accounting system but really only for those who need ease over data integrity.

Cons

Oh QuickBooks, your online version is terrible, your Mac version is also sub-par and your customer service really leaves so much to be desired. Never ever use Intuit payroll. When the file size gets too big, without any warning, things get wonky, numbers will flash up and then change while doing the bank rec, your 'Search' function sucks but ironically, 'Find' works great. You let me change my transactions by warning me it's not a good idea but hey, I'm a rebel. The lack of system integrity (ability to change and/or delete closed transactions) is a real auditor's bane. Still, you're the best value so we keep you around and you work most of the time for what we need.

100% Price Point decision

William from Hezron Diversified

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Quick Books is Perfect For Small to Medium size Businesses

I think quickbooks is a great accounting software for Medium size businesses such as ours its quick and very simple to use i find it very efficient when a customer needs a quotation or invoice urgently i can send him all the relevant information in less than 5 minutes overall i think its a great accounting software and its definitely the best at saving time

Pros

I enjoyed the simplicity of quickbooks once i learnt how to use the softare properly doing quotations ,delivery notes & invoices become much more efficient than using Excel once all your company details & inventory is loaded into the software doing everything like quotations & invoices are just two clicks and its done it is very time saving as i do not always have to type out everything manually save it to file and then e-mail , everything is saved onto the software all i had to do was add my customer e-mail address and i could e-mail quotations & invoices straight from the quickbooks software which was very quick and efficient

Cons

I disliked that we were limited to the number of users that can use the software at the same time once three or more people were logged the software would throw us out of what ever we were working on

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Very simple to use and its quicker than typing everything into excel and having save into my hard drive take up space. With quickbooks i know everything Is saved to the software and everything is there when i need it

Scott from COPLAN AND COMPANY

Rock Solid

Bottomline, accounting is a "financial statement" about your company's health. Quickbooks is the best doctor you can buy to monitor it.

Pros

I started my company 30 years ago using Quicken for bookkeeping and before Intuit offered Quickbooks. My company grew and Intuit offered Quickbooks. We converted to it and never regretted it. The time saving, ease of managing customer invoicing, efficient vendor payments, and access for our bookkeeper and CPA make it the best. Combined with full payroll services, where Intuit manages all associated taxes make it even better. Finally, customer support is extraordinarily good, particularly for payroll.

Cons

While Quickbooks is for non-accountants, there is a learning curve. Nonetheless, it is well worth the investment, given the importance of what it does for your business.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We always review the market before upgrading to the next version of any software, including Quickbooks. Quickbooks is the software of choice for everyone we work with, including, CPAs and bookkeepers. We see no real gain in switching to something few professionals use, without a compelling reason. We have yet to find such a reason.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quicken is for individuals and households. Quickbooks is for commercial and nonprofit enterprises. We needed the added functionality associated with business accounting software.

Osinachi from Connectornep

Over 5 Years of Overall Satisfaction from QuickBooks

It an Outstanding and unique experience with QuickBooks, Because of what i have been able to solve at Work, Meetings and Even at Critical Moments, I would Like the Team to continue Working Hard and also be more innovating for us not to have a reason to either go back to our Previous Product or an Easy or Advance Product than QuickBooks.

Pros

Am Proud to Say i have been Fortunate enough to get to know QuickBooks early in my World of Finance, which has lead and added few Stars to my Financial Works (Reports), My love for QuickBooks is due to it has made me receive compliments from My Line Head and Even my Colleague for the accuracy and detail I present when it comes to our financial reports. It has a easy to use feature, outstanding communication style, efficient and even Portable. Just a Few Clicks and Your Financial Report is Ready.

Cons

Getting Settled with the QuickBooks Advance, was a bit Tough, but after getting everything fix up (Setting Up), it you go to go, You also have to be careful and vigilant when Printing out Invoices and others due to the Date Changes. One thing to make sure of is the group of the items you are computing, you have to Double-Check your Reports so as not to contain Mis-Grouped information and for Accuracy.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

My Newly Employer where using QuickBooks, and after discovering it QuickBooks was easy for me to play and hover around, i let go of my pursuit in Convincing them to migrate to NetSuite .

Myint from Tourism

QuickBooks Online is as yet the best web based bookkeeping application for independent ventures

In spite of its costs and its less-then-heavenly online assistance, QuickBooks Online wins our Editor's Choice honor for offering the best, thorough, helpful, and usable devices. Moreover, its profundity, adaptability, and extensibility clobber those of its adversaries. The race is more tight than it used to be, yet QuickBooks Online is as yet the unmistakable champ.

Pros

Simple To Use: Many clients discover QuickBooks Online simple to learn and utilize, particularly contrasted with the work area rendition of the product. Indeed, even non-bookkeepers discover the product pleasant to utilize. Bill pay: handily input sellers and their bills, and afterward pay them at whatever point you are prepared. Duty prep: send 1099s to all self employed entities over the edge with only a couple clicks. Planning: set up your financial plans, and afterward track your genuine income/costs against the financial plan to perceive how your association is performing. Detailing: MANY various reports accessible to fulfill speculators and bookkeepers. Entirely adjustable.

Cons

We have felt that their client care group ought to be more acquainted with their own item. They weren't generally ready to see the item through the eyes of a client. Changing from the online form to the work area variant was not consistent. It required somewhat more exertion than anticipated.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Being an entrepreneur implies you'll have a great deal going on, with things changing and advancing continually. Dealing with your business' bookkeeping through a program like Excel may work for you right now, particularly in case you're a small time band, yet as your client and business base start to develop, you'll begin to confront a few constraints. This is the point at which you should consider changing to a bookkeeping programming like QuickBooks

Nelson Kipchirchir from ICT Authority

Best accounting solution in the market!

QuickBooks solves almost all the accounting problems in my organization eg; Budgeting, bills payment, reporting, tax preparation etc.

Pros

- The budgeting module is very good as it allows me to keep track of my revenue and expenses as per the budget and gives a whole impression on the organization's performance. - I loved the flexibility of the software when it comes to integration with software from other vendors. - The pricing is awesome especially for small and upcoming businesses. - Very easy to learn and put it in use, so far so good. No crashes, bugs, or hanging. -

Cons

- The software lacks the current business trend features like barcoding and lot tracking. - Limitation on the number of users is also one of the aspects I disliked. - I wished there was the ability to generate other reports apart from the current one which is accounting based only. - As much as it is good for small business as ours, it becomes hard to use when the business grows and become large.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

- Pricing was good and was pas per our budget. - The size of the organization was also a matter of consideration.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We needed a more automated software with more features which are less complicated to learn and use.

Charleen from Just Call the IT Guy

Our QB online is always ready when we are

Cloud services make everything more secure. Not having to purchase an upgrade year after year is one of the best benefits. Our business is sized so that the online version, which does have less functionality than the desktop version, still works for exactly what we need. The tutorials are helpful and there are plenty of YouTube videos to find a resolution for any problem you have.

Pros

The online version of QB makes it easy to always have the necessary updates and current edition. The file sharing capabilities are the exact tool that is needed for the accountant to easily have a hassle-free exchange of the data they need to keep your books and do taxes. QB payroll that can be accessed through the software and there is easy access to QuickBook loan funding should you ever need it. Anytime, anywhere access is a plus.

Cons

The naming convention for some processes are a bit daunting until you learn exactly where they are and what they are called. The updates can cause features to be relocated, making them difficult to find. As with all cloud-based software, sometimes there are issues with the online connectivity.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Ease of use and cloud security with automated backups.

Andrea from ES Windows

Quickbooks

We have had a great experience using Quickbooks. Our manufacturing plant is based in Colombia but we have a warehouse located in Miami, Fl. and Quickbooks has helped us integrate info for sales in the US while we are able to take care of inventory levels, billing and operations from Colombia.

Pros

We use Quickbooks for Inventory Management at our company. What I like the most about this software is how easy it is to make material reservations for customers once they all have been registered. Customer Service, Warehouse and Invoicing and Billing work integrated in the software to get the info for their individual process without having to ask for reports.

Cons

When I started using Quickbooks, I found a bit dificult to process the files when they are first imported. I think an improvement could be to ask the user to select the columns/info they want to see prior to exporting the file. Another improvement suggested is to designate more roles than sales and administrator. The admin could for example authorize a different user to update inventory levels, or mark sales, but still they would be the only authorized user to create/register a customer and confirming invoicing info.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We needed a professional tool that helped us integrate inventory with sales and invoicing department.

David from ATSC, Inc.

Small business person's perspective of QB Pro 2019 and prior

Overall, fairly positive. Bit stressful if don't understand newly added form questions or when upgrading to a newer release

Pros

Being able to quickly design a reusable invoice template, quickly setup new customer profiles and get invoices printed to PDF and emailed out using a laptop computer was enormously helpful, especially during business travel times before Covid-19 struck. The e-Filing feature (form 941,etc) also eliminated having to make post office trips. The biggest benefit was that the accounting firm I work highly preferred using QB backup files to transmit company info, so they could immediately get to work on tax forms for me.

Cons

There are occasions when: (1) On screen forms change, which require the user to "know" what is meant by a vague phrase (that a non-accountant would be confused by). Making some of the text into a hyperlink to popup a clarification would be helpful and easy to implement, without cluttering the screen with detail that others don't care to see. (2) Sometimes, I have already filled out a quarterly IRS 941 reconciliation form. Then while in the middle of e-Filing it, QBooks suddenly tells me it cannot proceed because I should have downloaded new forms updates. If it had instead proactively checked during my filling out the form to start with (because I spent 15min filling it out), that would have made more sense than waiting until I was finished and sending it out. (3) Each time the software becomes obsoleted in 3 yrs, it just locks up. I usually get an email a few months before offering a discount to upgrade...but not actually advising a date when the software will lock and become inactive. Adding a deadline to the email would be appreciated. Each time our QB checks for updates on the Intuit server, that is an opportunity to capture our release# and base your mass emailings on a data extract which includes the end of life date for that release#. (4) When upgrading to newer versions, there is no way to selectively exclude outdated vendors + trxns.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Needed ongoing interaction with a CPA when my business became incorporated.

Shannon from Askew Intellectual Property

Industry: Law Practice

Highly Recommend Quick Books

The biggest benefit for our business is the "Insights" tab, which works on Accrual Basis Accounting. It provides our net income at a quick glance within a certain time period of our choosing along with charts showing our expenses, income, and net income It also gives previous year income comparison, top customers by sales, business growth, and net profit margin by using charts to make it easier to comprehend the data. The "insights" tab is also flexible on any date range that is chosen by the user.

Pros

Overall, I'm very happy with Quick Books and would recommend to any business owner. I really like the memorized transaction list, where I can just automatically have recurring payments deducted from my system rather its monthly, quarterly, or yearly. It can also be set up as a reminder when certain bills are due for payment. It's very easy to load, keep track of your vendors and your customers as well as your own company data such as chart of accounts, and items or services that your company provides. The report center is very user friendly with reports already available by just adding a date range, and it also offers the user to create their own costume reports.

Cons

I do wish refunding clients with credit balances was a little easier. The system does work, but you need to have an invoice generated with charges before completing a credit memo to send a refund check. Our type of business is a lot of prepaid work, and sometimes the cost comes under, and I just want to refund without creating an invoice. Perhaps there is a simpler way, and I just need to learn how it is done.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Since Quick Books came highly recommend by my accountant, I did not look into other products.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2020

Thank you for sharing these details with us, Shannon. This feedback will help make the wanted changes become a reality. The details on how to easily refund your customers in QuickBooks Online can be found here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/accounts-receivable/record-a-customer-refund/00/186177. Wishing you a successful business year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

CONNIE from simply fjb, llc

Quickbooks - QBO for your Business

It is much easier to maintain you financial bookkeeping with Quickbooks. With the download transactions, memorization and bank connectivity, it is a great business tool. Being able to see your entire financial picture in one place is great. Having a professional able to help any time is great. This is a great business tool.

Pros

I really like QBO - which is a cloud based software. While there are several out there, Intuit has been doing it since 2005. The ease of access anywhere is a life saver. You are never far away from your financial picture. Designed for ease of use, having an accountant be able to help manage your business is just more manageable.

Cons

The good and the bad - now QBO has divided up into "industries" with features available only in certain industries. Inventory needs to continue to improve. The cost has increased over the last few years. However if you know a Pro Advisor you can get it for wholesale pricing. Some of the reports cannot be altered or customized, which can be annoying.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

When I first was looking for an accounting system for my flower shops in 1994, Quickbooks was the only "small business - self use" product out there for a reasonable cost. Peachtree and the rest were very difficult to use and did not "think" like a person would. I have tested products over the years and was a beta tester for QBO in 2006. I loved the product then and could not wait for it to become available. I have been a Pro Advisor for Quickbooks for years, it continues to grow and is still a great product.

William from William Avon Financial

Fast, Simple to use, Easy to Integrate, Support is light, and price is a touch higher than others

Overall, I have no intention of leaving QuickBooks.

Pros

QuickBooks is easy to import into, export out of and directly integrate with certain platforms. The software was built with the user experience in mind.

Cons

The price is a bit higher than the competition, so technically its a con. However, I don't consider this a negative because sometimes you get what you pay for and I found QBO to have better features and a better reputation as a whole. The support is not as easy to work with as I would like. But compared to some of the competiton, its better than not having any.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reputation was the primary reason. Secondary to that, it is well known in the industry and integrates with other related solutions.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Excel even with automations doesn't cut the mustard as an accounting solution.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2020

Hey, William. Thanks for being such a loyal member of the QuickBooks family. We appreciate all the kind words you have to say about our product. Aside from phone and chat support, you can also go to the Community for assistance (https://community.intuit.com/). Once there, you can communicate with other users as well as our experts. All the best in your business endeavors. Caitlyn, The QuickBooks Team

Jacques from ICTTECH DYNAMIC CLOUD SOLUTIONS

Best Accounting Solution For Small Business

Pros

The cloud solution makes it ideal for small business without needing the ICT infrastructure. Its available anywhere and with the mobile app gives you data when you need it. Plenty of integrations available. Its very cost effective.

Cons

It doesn't integrate natively with on premises deployments.

Ease of use and cost

Ease of use and cost

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2020

Hi Jacques, We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying using QuickBooks for your accounting needs. No matter if you're in the office or out on the road, you can count on our software to back your business. We're committed to continue implementing new and improved tools to make your daily tasks easier while remaining cost effective. To hear news on what's in the works, be sure to check out our blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Thanks for being the best part of Intuit! Kind regards, Jen, Intuit Support Specialist

Wyatt from Maryland Leaf Magazine

Industry: Publishing

Accounting made easy

I would recommend quickbooks to small to medium sized companies, as it can be a very useful tool.

Pros

Quickbooks makes it easy to look at everything you are doing financially, from sales to tax reports. It also helps me send files to my accountant, in a way I can continue working while he makes necessary corrections (usually aren't any needed)

Cons

The only thing I disliked about this software was the fact that it sometimes got the next check number wrong and I had to manually type in. Nevertheless this a small inconvenience.

Price

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2020

Heya, Wyatt! We'd like to thank you for taking the time and leaving us a review. We're delighted to read that QuickBooks makes the harder parts of running a business easier. Knowing that it allows you to send your files to your accountant while continuing to work brings a smile to our face. We recommend visiting our blog to keep up to date with what's new in QuickBooks: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/). If you continue to see your check number being listed incorrectly, we recommend letting our phone support team know right away. They can be reached by following this link:(https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/open-programs/contact-support/00/433872). Wishing you continued success. -Jay, The QuickBooks Team.

Ricky from Cardax, Inc

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Quickbooks Online - Rock Solid Accounting Software!

Overall it's been a positive experience. We've used Quickbooks from the very beginning and have no plans to change anytime soon!

Pros

Quickbooks is very user-friendly. When I took on the accounting duties for our company, I never had any accounting software background before using Quickbooks, but I was easily able to understand how to use it quickly. One of the best features for me is the customization of reports/templates. Once you understand how to customize reports and use recurring templates it becomes a huge time saver. In addition, since it is a popular accounting software, there is always a lot of answers available online, youtube, customer service, etc.

Cons

One thing I wished Quickbooks added is the ability to import an excel file into a bill. Our employees submit expense reports in excel and I would like a function that allows me to import it into a bill. Right now I have to manually copy and paste the information from the excel expense report into a bill. I asked someone in customer service about this and they said it wasn't an available feature yet. It would save a lot of time!!!

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We wanted out accounting to be available online so we could access it from anywhere.

Fazal from Tsinghua

Industry: Broadcast Media

My Response to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Being a proficient user of QuickBooks, my overall experience with this software is based on my daily usage and I can rate it 9/10. No doubts it makes my and our organizations' employees work more efficiently. If someone asked me to use this software, I'll definitely recommend it to them. Because of its analytics, advanced facilities and integration with 3rd parties including many other required features make it highly recommended software in the market of accounting solution software.

Pros

QuickBooks software helps from small to large businesses, companies, and enterprises to manage more efficiently their accounts through the best cloud-based software. Enterprises can easily manage their projects, invoices and other accounting solutions. This Software has a centralized dashboard, it allows users to get more insights into their business swings. This software also helped me much time to see my organizational performance by using QuickBooks Online advanced key performance indicators. Another benefit of using this software that it gives its administrators to assign the chore to the employees for example salespersons and others. Capturing easily digital receipts copies sorting out transactions, tax categories handling and other improved financial operations in this software make me and our organization toughest tasks easier those were never like this before using QuickBooks.

Cons

However, having all these wonderful pros I personally feel some cons of this software being a proficient user. Some of the features for industry types of businesses are not enough just for an example for eCommerce Barcode scanning etc. If I take it out of accounting solution there would be missing some other reports key factors. Sometimes the system crashes happen very rarely but still is a problem.

Bakari from BakariChavanu.net

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great for Preparing Quarterly Taxes

Overall, I have a good experience with Quicken Self-Emloyed because the application is easy to use and I don't have to go and manually update transactions on a daily basis. I review it about once a week, right before my quarterly taxes are due.

Pros

I've been using Quicken self-employed, which is part of QuickBooks, for about five years now. I have seen the online application improved with more useful features, and user interface. I basically use the online version of Quicken to send out invoices, and keep track of business related income and expenses. I particularly like how Quicken syncs between my desktop web browser and my mobile devices. The invoice feature is very useful because I can send with a single click reminders to my clients about invoice payments, and another click for letting them know their payment was received. Quicken also processes my financial transactions without requiring constant manual input. once Quicken knows how you want to assign particular transactions, as business or personal, it automatically makes those assignments for each new transaction. You can also use Quicken to assign tags different types of transactions, which is useful for letting you know where and how your spending your money. Quicken is very useful for giving me an estimation about my quarterly taxes, and there is also a feature for keeping track of mileage. The mileage tracking is easy to use on my iPhone. And parts of the feature are also automated if you choose to set it up that way.

Cons

Quick Self-Employed is about $4 too expensive, and it doesn't provide very good support through its online chat system.

Response from Intuit

Replied April 2020

We'd like to thank you for being a member of the QuickBooks family for the past 5 years. We genuinely appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed using the product. Feel free to visit our Community, as it's a fantastic resource for helpful info regarding the product.(https://community.intuit.com/) Wishing you continued success! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Donna from Consumer Goods

Industry: Farming

Very Happy with this software.

Saves us on postage since we can email our invoices. If you make a mistake there seems to always be a way to correct without any problems.

Pros

You can make so many different reports and is very easy to use. Once you learn one area of the software, the others on based on the same format.

Cons

Off hand the only feature I would suggest is in the vendor information for General Ledger Accounts, I personal would like 10 lines to disperse my bills. Payroll needs separate taxes and net, etc. As of right now you can only put in 3 lines.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Seemed like QuickBooks had more to offer. Very universal and when putting in a sales order, once you enter it, you can make changes from pick ticket to invoicing.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Outdated software and very time consuming to get something done.

Response from Intuit

Replied April 2020

Thank you for the review, Donna. It's comforting to know that QuickBooks offers the reporting you're looking for. We're constantly trying to improve this area of the product as we want to ensure all of the reporting methods needed are available. We've taken note of your feature suggestion and will be providing this to the product development team. Wishing you continued success and happiness with the product! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Dr. Joseph from DuChene Natural Health Center

Big improvement over the desktop version

The newer online version is two thumbs up. I had a CPA that recommended I go back to the program and very glad that I took his advice. The new streamlined format is exactly what I need for my business.

Pros

I love the fact that I can check out, update and work all my financials from my ipad, phone and computer. I used to use the older Quickbooks desktop version years ago. I dumped it because it was really hard to use. I am a Chiropractor and not a CPA. The past couple of years we have been using the online version and it is exactly what I wanted/needed for the finances and my Chiropractic office.

Cons

The only problem that I had was, setting up the original accounts and Paypal. I did not set the original accounts up correctly. My bookkeeper fixed all this and explained it to me. From there everything worked out great. Except for the PayPal app. I am happy that I do not do much business through PayPal because it is the only account that I need to spend some real time with to reconcile and make sure I do not have duplicate transactions.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I moved from Quickbooks Pro to doing my bookkeeping in Microsoft Excel because I could not get Quickbooks Pro to do what I wanted it to do. My CPA recommended that I move back to the Quickbooks Online program because the interface is different. I trusted him and very glad I did. I am sure that the Quickbooks Pro, at that time, was an awesome program. But, for me I could not get it to perform the way I wanted to. The new format was very easy for me to implement, understand and pull reports that helped me with my business financials.

I taught my brother over the phone!

I would and have recommended this product to anyone starting or operating a business for its ease of use. You do not need to be an accounting major or have years of bookkeeping knowledge to figure out how to use Quickbooks. If my brother can learn to use it, so can you.

Pros

The home page is streamlined by tasks and makes it easy to move through the different modules; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. Many years ago I chose Quickbooks Pro desktop for my brother when he started his own company. He was using the old "file the receipt" in a box method and then once a year giving his "files" to his CPA for tax purposes. This method was okay when he was working for someone else but when he started his own business he needed to have his bookkeeping computerized and asked me for help. I chose Quickbooks Pro because I was able to teach myself and used it often enough I knew I would be able to guide him over the phone ny using the icons on the home page. Without any previous bookkeeping or computer knowledge, he can now invoice his clients, post payments and reconcile his bank statements all by himself. Even the payroll module is easy to use and navigate and with the right set up will calculate wages & taxes due. You just enter the employee hours and hit submit. You can then print paychecks or with the enhanced version use direct deposit. It helps keep you government compliant by letting you know when taxes and reports are due and lets you submit reports and pay taxes through the payroll module.

Cons

I do find the enhanced payroll through Quickbooks to be little pricey since you have to pay a yearly fee, a monthly fee and a per employee fee each payroll but it is a full-service payroll option and about as much as using an outside service. One of the features I find to be annoying is the customize report option. There are so many fields you can choose in the customize your report option that just will not populate with any information and you end up with empty columns. It would be better if only usable fields be listed in customize report instead of every available field found anywhere in Quickbooks. If you can't use them, lose them.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

More features and functionality.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 18,130 reviews