SAP Concur Software Reviews

SAP Concur Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"I liked that the softwares expense platform was very easy to use. The approval flow and reminders are great tools and often come in handy."
  • icon"I also like its ability to integrate with airlines and hotels booking, so I don't have to go to those reservation sites separately."
  • icon"Pretty solid controls on travel, keeping employees from paying for upgraded flights/cars that are out of policy. Expense reporting is good."
  • icon"There should be provision where cancelled transition returned to user if it paid already. This is the one seem missing in this."

All SAP Concur Reviews

1-25 of 1,661 Reviews

best travel booking program!

Arvind Kumar

November 2022

An easy to use software for expense reimbursement process

Pros

1. The UX is very good.2. It combines the receipts in a single document making it easier to view and manage.3. It sends notifications throughout the process.4. Performant5. The UI looks easy to understand and work with.

Cons

I like this software because of its simplicity, performance, security, workflow, and notifications but I feel that UI can be more beautiful in looks.

Amanda

May 2022

SAP Concur: Accounts Payable and Receivable Automation Solution

Resolve issues on accounts and invoices through three way matching.

Pros

SAP Concur allows me to detect disparity on POs, invoices and accounts prior to vendor payments by detecting data automatically with OCR technologies.

Cons

I am able to accomplish every accounting task on my end with SAP Concur.

Joshua

November 2022

Concur makes expenses a breeze

Compared to other software for this purpose, I really appreciate using Concur. Much more straightforward.

Pros

Ease of uploading and submitting reports.

Cons

Must upload receipts before starting the report - I often have to start over. (But that’s user error on my part!)

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

My source of funding changed and I needed to use Concur instead of Workday.

Lashundra

Concur for travel expense

Being able to load receipts and not having to keep up with them. Recently we have added tripit to it. To make our travel booking easier. It had truly been a great asset to our company.

Pros

We use to have to do our expense Report by hand but now with concur the process is done in no time.

Cons

The mileage tracker in my opinion still needs a little work.

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

To make the process more easy and to get rid of using so much paper.

Evaluación de software

Dificil al comienzo como todo, ya de varias practica me puede sentir cómoda con el software, para el empleado es una experiencia , porque aprendes cada vez más, pero para la empresa es un gasto muy grande este software

Pros

El software es bueno, ya que tiene variedad de modulos que necesita tu empresa, puedes usarlo desde tu movil, es compatible con diferentes sistemas operativos. dejando mas claro este software te ayuda a tener más informado lo que pasa en la empresa y así teniendo un mejor control.

Cons

Tienes muchos contra, uno de ellos es su precio, cada actualización te genera un gasto, aparte necesitas un personal de IT.., y si o si invertir en la capacitación en tus empleados, ya que su interfaz no es sencilla, necesita tener los conocimiento necesarios para poder manejarlo.

sherri

August 2022

Find a better option

Pros

No support from the start, after submitting cases, ease of access declined

Industry: Facilities Services

June 2022

It's not overly intuitive for the average user

Pros

We use this to log and manage expense claims. The process of doing so generally works fine. The integrated journey mapping/calculation tool is very good.

Cons

The system is not as user friendly as other expense systems I have used in the past. Part of this might be the complex nature of our specific setup but, for the average, infrequent user, it can be frustrating to log a basic expense claim.

April 2022

Would not recommend

Pros

The mobile app is useful most of the time.

Cons

Never adds my name correctly to flights, flights and vehicles are significantly cheaper if booking yourself, doesn’t book vehicle parameters to what you selected but still charges you for the upgrades. If you like to spend more time and money traveling, Concur is great for you.

Kelsi

Industry: Veterinary

March 2022

Better quality products out there

I implemented Concur in 2017 for our new organization. At the time, it was the best of the best and would integrate with our Regions card system to move us from Expense reports in Excel to a system. However, it all went downhill after that. As we grew and tried to work with Concur, we seemly got more negative feedback from the system and the employees. Every request we had, they would charge us for it. It felt like working with incompetent lawyers, rather than a partner in our expense journey. We switched to a new company in July and couldn't be happier!

Pros

The thing i like most about the software is the name. Everyone knows who Concur is and it makes it easier when bringing new people in to the organization.

Cons

Super dated software. Very clunky and always going down. Not customizable unless you paid extra for it. Every time I asked for data analytics I was told that had to be a custom report and was not included in our reporting package. They were constantly trying to upsell us

Reasons for choosing SAP Concur

At the time it was because it offered travel and expense management, as well as it would link with our P-Card.

The Salesforce of Spend Management Softwares

Let's just say that when I went to fill out the contact us form the site had a glitch and I couldn't see the words I was filling out in the form. The letters were literally invisible, which as a small shop is how I feel when working with Concur.

Pros

You can do just about anything you want if you have enough money and people to implement it.

Cons

Not simple. Too complicated. Sometimes too many options can overwhelm my spend management system and flow. I can only eat at the Cheesecake factory about once every few months. #TooManyOptions

Reasons for choosing SAP Concur

Just needed to test drive it.

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

I want to test the different spend management softwares to see which one I like the most before I go all-in with one.

Mahmoud

SAP Concur review

Easy use

Pros

SAP Concur, is a software that is easy to use and easy to download.

Cons

The problem encountered is that to start, you have to download with receipts

Apeksha

May 2022

Good software with PO Functionality

Pros

This is a good software for Invoice Processing and creation of PO's.

Cons

The rejected invoices stay on the list and needs to be checked and deleted.

Reasons for choosing SAP Concur

It has the PO creation process and approval flow as well

February 2022

Easy tool for expense requests

In one of my last companies, I was travelling very much and I used this tool weekly basis. That's why I saw almost all conditions and used all options on the expense creation page. Also in my current company, we use this tool actively.

Pros

When claiming your expenses, you can classify them easily based on preconfigured options. Under the main option, there can be a lot of sub-options. Also inserting the invoices is so easy especially from the mobile application. In addition, if you need to claim payments due each day, your management can define a template and when you enter the start and end dates, without filling one by one, the related expense item is added automatically. Also, as far as I know, the approval flow is easily configurable and its workflow is strong.

Cons

If you need to add more than one image for your invoices, it combines them in a pdf or big image (I guess it is up to your on-premise installation). So if you need to add or remove an invoice, occasionally it causes mismatching with your documents. I mean it cannot delete the old one or add the new one properly. I think instead of combining all these docs, there should be an option to store them separately.

Mojadi

Great Tool For Invoicing

Pros

It is easy to track and follow up on expenses. The system allows the accounting department to consolidate and monitor traveling expenses and makes it even easier to reimburse employees.

Cons

It's not easy to book travel on Concur Travel and Expense. You can only see flight options that are on the app and none of the other alternative flights. This limits choice, compared to other travel booking sites.

High Tech, Dissappointing progress recently

Started out strong, but the company’s work quality and responsiveness have dropped the last few years. The new changes are getting to a point of being comically bad.

Pros

We selected this for the integration to company card, the ease of tracking, creating, and approving expenses. It has done all of those very well. It helped us out greatly as a small company trying to manage company cards for over half the company. The pricing model is small business friendly and helps it retain value for almost any business that has started with it.

Cons

Since SAP has purchased them the user experience has gone down hill and is starting to plummet. The latest update is due to be forced on users first quarter this year. It is terrible, not a single redeeming feature and a huge step backwards for user experience. It is very error prone, makes viewing and accessing information almost impossible, and is single handled the worst change I have been seen implemented on an interface. The backend is a hybrid now of multiple peoples designs and many areas of the software seem “partially updated”. Four years ago you could teach to a new users, even admins, in under an hour or so, today everything takes a lot longer and every area has errors in the interface. The list of 3rd party ERPs it integrates to has not significantly changed in 4 years. There is still no automatic way for it to handle company card reconciliation with a statement and the best support is the sales team. That means to get a problem fixed you have to have someone pitch you on spending more, then if you can get them to understand that the product doesn’t work, you might get a call back within a month from support. If you try submitting your own issue, just don’t expect help. I’d honestly be fine with that, if it wasn’t there bill in china shop meant sloth in making UI changes. There is so much half done work, it really disappoints me on whether or not the service will remain usable in the future.

July 2016

Complex and glitchy but better than other options

My experience is generally positive - system is up most of the time, things work like they are designed to, etc. But we have frustrations which seem to be common to most tech companies these days - assumptions are made about how things work in other people's businesses and then tech is designed to meet those assumptions, which may or may not be correct. Then when I try to deal with sales and technical support to meet my needs, I'm told that the system can't do what I want because its not designed that way. I've managed technology transitions of hardware and software infrastructure for public agencies, professional associations, law firms, and labor unions and in my experience, a technology design team is usually very focused on meeting one or two primary needs such as expense reporting and policy enforcement and will design a system to do that. But very rarely does the team have on the ground experience in how that system will be integrated into the day to day lives of their customers. A sales team might deal with that when sales time comes, but it doesn't seem to be taken into account at the design level and in some cases it may be too late at that point. This has been my primary experience with Concur. More specifically, data disappears some times - which support claims must be user error because it can't be duplicated on their end. Its possible, but since I've gotten multiple reports of data loss from both tech and non-tech friendly people, I'm not sure that's the whole answer. In addition, although tech savvy users have no problems with the navigation and features, less tech savvy users struggle significantly. Also, because we have a complex accounting system that cannot be accommodated by Concur reporting, we still have to manually extract the data and enter in spreadsheets to get it into the format we need for accounting system import. I've discussed this issue with a Concur programmer and my account rep and they agree that what I need cannot currently be gotten from the system. Finally, when things go wrong in the feed between Amex and Concur it just becomes a blame game - its not our fault but theirs - doesn't really get me to a solution. So, it may be that I have too much work and just wish Concur were able to do more, but I find it limited in its usefulness except for that small group of users for whom it works perfectly.

Pros

All the information is in one place, easy to access from any location, generally customizable. Working on integrating travel which should provide greater value. Generally logically designed and easy to use as an administrator.

Cons

Structure of expense types and cost tracking is too rigid; ability to customize outputs is limited to standard accounting systems. But as a non-profit and a union, I don't have a standard accounting system. I need to be able to report in formats required by the federal government (LM2), the State of California (FPPC/Lobbying Reporting), and my board of directors. But the Concur system doesn't have sufficient flexibility of variables to allow for the generation of the complex account code system we use because of these conflicting reporting needs. So if anyone ever comes out with an expense reporting software that takes those unique needs into account, I will jump in a second. But no one else has anything better so far. In addition, the fact that any custom fields I create do NOT integrate with the Concur mobile software means that my users have to enter their data in on the mobile and then go to the desktop and add additional data. Before we used custom fields, they were able to use the mobile system exclusively, but we weren't getting all the information I need. So now we have a hybrid system that requires working on the report twice, once when the receipt is uploaded from their mobile device and then again when they want to add the cost centers and submit the report. Doesn't make my users very happy and costs more in time and effort than no customization. Receipt management at the accounting review level is also very limited and frustrating. Assumes too much

Karen

November 2022

Report/ Post an expense will never be challenging.

I am satisfied with the platform.

Pros

This platform is very user-friendly in both mobile apps and computer website. With the mobile apps, you can post your expense in a minute. It's very quick and easy to keep all of your expenses in one place. You just need to open the app, take the receipt picture and store them in the app until you are ready for your monthly expenses report. Another most like feature is that if you use your company card, it will automatically post the transactions through SAP, you just need to submit the expenses.

Cons

The least like about this software would be the submission process where the software is designed to ask you to fill out couple questions, such as: vender, business purposes, location, etc. This may take some time to click through every single submission, that's why I usually accumulate monthly expenses and do at one time.