What are SAP Concur users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SAP Concur software through verified user reviews

1,398 Reviews

• icon"I liked that the softwares expense platform was very easy to use. The approval flow and reminders are great tools and often come in handy."
  • icon"I also like its ability to integrate with airlines and hotels booking, so I don't have to go to those reservation sites separately."
  • icon"Pretty solid controls on travel, keeping employees from paying for upgraded flights/cars that are out of policy. Expense reporting is good."
  • icon"There should be provision where cancelled transition returned to user if it paid already. This is the one seem missing in this."

Browse all SAP Concur Reviews

• Have you used SAP Concur and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,398 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,398 reviews

Industry: Medical Devices

SAP Concur

overall, I really think this product is great and a huge improvement from our previous tool.

Pros

it is easy to upload receipts and match to my expenses, either via image or pdf document. the mobile app is a life saver for someone that has trouble with keeping receipts.

Cons

My only complaint is that you can't apply the same image to multiple expenses. This is especially frustrating when you have to split an expenses.

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

we used notes database to manage the expenses we moved in part of a mail migration to a new mail platform.

Lashundra

Concur for travel expense

Being able to load receipts and not having to keep up with them. Recently we have added tripit to it. To make our travel booking easier. It had truly been a great asset to our company.

Pros

We use to have to do our expense Report by hand but now with concur the process is done in no time.

Cons

The mileage tracker in my opinion still needs a little work.

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

To make the process more easy and to get rid of using so much paper.

Mojadi

Great Tool For Invoicing

Pros

It is easy to track and follow up on expenses. The system allows the accounting department to consolidate and monitor traveling expenses and makes it even easier to reimburse employees.

Cons

It's not easy to book travel on Concur Travel and Expense. You can only see flight options that are on the app and none of the other alternative flights. This limits choice, compared to other travel booking sites.

Easy to use and a great phone app

Total peace of mind when it comes to reimbursement of charges on my company travel card and purchasing card.

Pros

I would say my company made a good choice with SAP Concur for expense reporting. 1) Since it is so well integrated with the company policy, I am only given options for airlines, rental cars and hotel that the company approves. All I need to do to book is simply click. 2) All receipts can be easily be tracked. The phone app is so convenient that I just take a picture of the receipt, for say a meal, and it stores it for me to attach to a line item on my expense report later. 3) It is also integrated with the bank that issues the corporate card or the company travel card that expenses on my bank statement are automatically identified and transferred to my Concur account for me to view and append to my expense report. 4) The report filling itself is very simple and easy to understand and doesn't take too much time.

Cons

The only thing I can say that could improve is some menu options may not be exhaustive or may have multiple correct options. For example, one discrepancy I had in the past was, it was not clear to me under which category my expense fell under. However, this was such a minor issue that all I had to do was just switch it to the right category after advice from the accounting department. The expenditure in this case was related to conference related registration fee.

High Tech, Dissappointing progress recently

Started out strong, but the company’s work quality and responsiveness have dropped the last few years. The new changes are getting to a point of being comically bad.

Pros

We selected this for the integration to company card, the ease of tracking, creating, and approving expenses. It has done all of those very well. It helped us out greatly as a small company trying to manage company cards for over half the company. The pricing model is small business friendly and helps it retain value for almost any business that has started with it.

Cons

Since SAP has purchased them the user experience has gone down hill and is starting to plummet. The latest update is due to be forced on users first quarter this year. It is terrible, not a single redeeming feature and a huge step backwards for user experience. It is very error prone, makes viewing and accessing information almost impossible, and is single handled the worst change I have been seen implemented on an interface. The backend is a hybrid now of multiple peoples designs and many areas of the software seem “partially updated”. Four years ago you could teach to a new users, even admins, in under an hour or so, today everything takes a lot longer and every area has errors in the interface. The list of 3rd party ERPs it integrates to has not significantly changed in 4 years. There is still no automatic way for it to handle company card reconciliation with a statement and the best support is the sales team. That means to get a problem fixed you have to have someone pitch you on spending more, then if you can get them to understand that the product doesn’t work, you might get a call back within a month from support. If you try submitting your own issue, just don’t expect help. I’d honestly be fine with that, if it wasn’t there bill in china shop meant sloth in making UI changes. There is so much half done work, it really disappoints me on whether or not the service will remain usable in the future.

July 2016

Complex and glitchy but better than other options

My experience is generally positive - system is up most of the time, things work like they are designed to, etc. But we have frustrations which seem to be common to most tech companies these days - assumptions are made about how things work in other people's businesses and then tech is designed to meet those assumptions, which may or may not be correct. Then when I try to deal with sales and technical support to meet my needs, I'm told that the system can't do what I want because its not designed that way. I've managed technology transitions of hardware and software infrastructure for public agencies, professional associations, law firms, and labor unions and in my experience, a technology design team is usually very focused on meeting one or two primary needs such as expense reporting and policy enforcement and will design a system to do that. But very rarely does the team have on the ground experience in how that system will be integrated into the day to day lives of their customers. A sales team might deal with that when sales time comes, but it doesn't seem to be taken into account at the design level and in some cases it may be too late at that point. This has been my primary experience with Concur. More specifically, data disappears some times - which support claims must be user error because it can't be duplicated on their end. Its possible, but since I've gotten multiple reports of data loss from both tech and non-tech friendly people, I'm not sure that's the whole answer. In addition, although tech savvy users have no problems with the navigation and features, less tech savvy users struggle significantly. Also, because we have a complex accounting system that cannot be accommodated by Concur reporting, we still have to manually extract the data and enter in spreadsheets to get it into the format we need for accounting system import. I've discussed this issue with a Concur programmer and my account rep and they agree that what I need cannot currently be gotten from the system. Finally, when things go wrong in the feed between Amex and Concur it just becomes a blame game - its not our fault but theirs - doesn't really get me to a solution. So, it may be that I have too much work and just wish Concur were able to do more, but I find it limited in its usefulness except for that small group of users for whom it works perfectly.

Pros

All the information is in one place, easy to access from any location, generally customizable. Working on integrating travel which should provide greater value. Generally logically designed and easy to use as an administrator.

Cons

Structure of expense types and cost tracking is too rigid; ability to customize outputs is limited to standard accounting systems. But as a non-profit and a union, I don't have a standard accounting system. I need to be able to report in formats required by the federal government (LM2), the State of California (FPPC/Lobbying Reporting), and my board of directors. But the Concur system doesn't have sufficient flexibility of variables to allow for the generation of the complex account code system we use because of these conflicting reporting needs. So if anyone ever comes out with an expense reporting software that takes those unique needs into account, I will jump in a second. But no one else has anything better so far. In addition, the fact that any custom fields I create do NOT integrate with the Concur mobile software means that my users have to enter their data in on the mobile and then go to the desktop and add additional data. Before we used custom fields, they were able to use the mobile system exclusively, but we weren't getting all the information I need. So now we have a hybrid system that requires working on the report twice, once when the receipt is uploaded from their mobile device and then again when they want to add the cost centers and submit the report. Doesn't make my users very happy and costs more in time and effort than no customization. Receipt management at the accounting review level is also very limited and frustrating. Assumes too much

Kristen

Industry: Veterinary

SAP Cocur

I enjoy Concur, it's easy of use.

Pros

This software is very easy to use to manage expenses.

Cons

At times there are issues uploading reciepts

Renaud

Industry: Medical Devices

Good overall solution

Good overall experience. system is used for expense tracking as well as online booking

Pros

Relatively easy to use and very comprehensive set of feature. Easy integration with other vendor apps (hotels airlines etc)

Cons

Very expensive and not always adapted to smaller companies. Product support not always top notch and not very flexible. Very little room for customization. Very US centric.

Reasons for choosing SAP Concur

better more complete solution

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

Too simplistic for our needs

Melany

Nice interface

We use the Concur expense app to bid, audit and approve expense reports. This application is perfect for this kind of use.

Pros

Very easy to understand and navigate the application

Cons

Sometimes difficult to see the bills appear

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

The company I work for has imposed this change.

Bernard

Industry: Biotechnology

SAP Concur

The main issue we have is to be able track expenses in order to comply with the Physician Payment Sunshine Act reporting requirements.

Pros

It can help with compliance with the Sunshine Act which is very important for pharmaceutical companies.

Cons

It's very expensive. They charge $14 per expense report.

Reasons for choosing SAP Concur

Most of my staff had experience using Concur before. So it made training easier.

Expensify does not do Sunshine Act reporting

Concur is a four letter word with most people at my institution

Pros

It lets me log in easily most of the time.

Cons

concur is a bad word or dreaded verb for most people who have to do reconciliation and expense requests at my workplace. we are not sure if our version is formatted/layed out/compiled specifically for us or if all other companies have the same problems. admittedly everyone hates accounting for their purchases. and you already asked and made sure it was okay to spend money from the budget. then you have to create an expense request ( paper trail / auditing document ) so that you can then buy something. then after you buy it and finally get a bill/receipt you go into concur to settle things up. but when you go to grab the request to link it to the autopopulated transaction, you have to look closely to see the little blue link that allows you to link the receipt to the request to the purchase. if you miss it on one page it doesn't appear easily in the expense report page. so when you get a new notification with a new expense, it is more linkable to go find your original request to link it to a new report expense to create a new report file and autoload the expense and attach your receipts. it would be nice if their were more cross links from expense to request that were more up front.

Taylor

Necessary for business, but a pain for employees

Overall, I'm not disappointed in any experience with Concur, but I also don't think I'd instantly recommend it to other businesses. It takes all of the fun out of booking travel.

Pros

On a scale of 1-5, I'd say Concur gets a 4 for ease of use. It's certainly not the worst booking software I've used, but it's not the best either. I do like that this makes booking via company cards really simple, plus the approval process for employee travel is straight forward as well.

Cons

I would love if this would integrate some way with the various airline apps - looking up all of my confirmation numbers and adding them can get old. The overall user experience leaves a lot to be desired too. The platform looks like it was last updated in 1995.

Nancy

Industry: Utilities

SAP For All Your Financial Processes

All in all once you totally know the ins and out of the software it is quite easy and efficient to use being able to keep in touch with the financials of the company.

Pros

The software is quite useful in the expenses and payments of the organization. Since the system is connected to everyone in the organization as soon as one inputs information in the system everyone gets the information on time and efficiently too.

Cons

The software is not that easy to use in the beginning it needs a lot of studying and time to understand a lot of the processes so as to reduce making clerical mistakes that may cause one to start over a process.

Erin

Good But Beware The Travel Booking

Pros

I personally use Concur to submit expense reports and to book travel for our other locations. The expense report side is easy to use. It is very simple to add receipts and also categorize your expenses appropriately. The system keeps you updated as your expenses go through the approval process, which is great.

Cons

We had major problems booking vehicles through Concur. We tried to book 15 passenger vans at two different locations, and both times we were called by the vehicle rental place days before the booking that there were no more vans available. While this is not totally Concur's fault, I feel that there should be some ownership there. We had to scramble last minute and make reservations outside of Concur to get our vans on a weekend the day before we had 30+ visitors arriving. Additionally, Concur's vehicle search does not show all available options. We called Concur and were told there were no rentals in the area but were able to find 2 at the local airport. Beware if you're using for travel purposes.

Aki

Industry: Chemicals

SAP Concur - Manage your expenses easily

It was a pleasant experience so far. The platform is simple to understand and design and process is fairly easy to learn.

Pros

For my team, we have been using SAP Concur mainly for reimbursement. What I like is that I am able to reimburse my expenses to the company with ease. I can break them down into details, save them first as a draft, finalize, then submit. My manager will be notified once my reimbursement is ready and then he is going to confirm once validated. The process is really quick and is only taking us a few days from filing to payment. An added feature is the mobile app where you can take pictures of your receipt.

Cons

The price is really steep as it is from SAP. I am not sure if small to medium business can afford this, but definitely worth the money spent with how it simplifies the reimbursement and expenses.

Stacie

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Manages expenses as well as expected

Good experience however the kinks are still annoying.

Pros

The ease of use for most aspects of this software is great.

Cons

Some of the receipt attaching properties don’t work well and make you have to reboot as they get stuck in a screen.

Easy Software to Use

Pros

I like how intuitive this software is and how easy it is to teach someone how to use.

Cons

It's a little clumsy when having to allocate an expense and was a little difficult in learning how to search.

Tawanda

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Cons

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

Kristen

Streamline your expense reporting

At my previous employer, I was the administrator of Concur and the person who set up the software. It revolutionized the way we processed expenses (which had previously been a manual paper and pen process). It integrates beautifully with multiple banking entities, automatically importing charges as they are posted to your card. It can accommodate e-receipts if the vendor supports those -- car rentals, airline tickets, and hotels being the most common. And if you set the software to require receipts for a type of expense or a dollar limit, users will not be allowed to submit the expense report without attaching a receipt to the line item. It saves so much time from an administration point of view, and the interface is very user-friendly. I would give this five stars and recommend it to anyone, from a small to enterprise level organization. Now, on the downside, my current employer also uses Concur, but they upgraded recently to the beta version, and it is full of bugs. Some of the best and most convenient features have been removed, such as the ability to perform batch changes on expense items and the ability to see at a glance which expense line items contained comments. Support has been completely non-existent for the beta version and we get nothing but run-around and excuses. I have been extremely disappointed with the entire upgrade process and the level of response we have received. Thus, my less than five star review. I hope that they resolve these issues.

Pros

Straightforward administration setup wizard Ease of importing receipts Integration with our corporate bank account, credit cards, and purchasing cards Ability to customize limits and alerts Ease of administering multiple profiles for executives Integration with Expense-It so that users can take a picture of receipts with their phones and have them automatically uploaded to their expense reports

Cons

The Beta version is full of bugs Developers refuse to support the beta version Does not adequately track users who have used their corporate cards for personal charges and owe the company money

Concur - with good implementation by corporate it is nearly perfect

Concur makes keeping track of expenses and submitting expense reports routine and even somewhat fun. It also provides a handy record of where you have been before. It's great.

Pros

Concur makes it very easy to do expense reports for a sporadic traveler: -expenses for the corporate card are transferred automatically (so one does not forget to claim them) -the latest implementation I use even transfers the details of hotels stays (nightly rate, tax 1,2,3 etc.), making it almost zero work to finish these. Long hotel stays with occasional meals used to be the most time-consuming entries. I don't know if this is a new version or specific to my latest employer, but it is much appreciated! - receipts can be uploaded through a mobile Concur app, but also just as a jpg or pdf. (sometimes one has time to take the photo with one's phone, but is not in a good place to enter the details in the app - think - just purchased a coffee, now in boaRding line with a suitcase, phone and coffee). I have not used similar software products from other vendors, except one: Concur is incredibly more efficient for both those writing expense reports and those monitoring expense compliance than the alternative of copying scanning cutting and pasting and spreadsheets - any corporation wanting to increase the productivity of its workforce (and their loyalty) should bite the financial bullet and implement Concur.

Cons

Although the following situations are rare, occasionally an unusual situation maKes things difficult. Usually, asking for help early from Concur and the internal corporate travel contact is the best course. here are a few: 1. A flight charge and a cognate refund adding up to zero can't be submitted as report. Let this get over 30 days old so it can't be combined with newer charges, and you have to have higher authorities fix it. 2. More common is when a hotel charges for the first night reservation, but the charges on the receipt do not match the folio provided, usually because the taxes are not included. Confuses the hell out of Concur, and hard to resolve on one's own.

Very helpful software with many useful features

My Overall experience is very positive with this software and I am very thankful to have access to it. This software is a major time saver when submitting, reviewing and processing expense claims.

Pros

The software allows me to sort submitted expense claims by date, currency and location. Within the expense claim the software is very user friendly, allowing the user to select from a wide ranges of expense types, departments, countries and entities. Features such as the automatic foreign currency calculation, mileage calculator and integration with corporate credit cards are very useful for the user and saves alot of time. The software is also very customizable by allowing the admin to change expense types departments, managers and other settings. The admin is also able to view a variety of reports that are very useful as well as features such as expense connect automatic payments and allowing access for the admin to act on behalf of another user.

Cons

The website tends to have periods where it is unavailable and doesn't work. This is usually resolved within a short time and the site returns to normal. Also the customer support for Concur could be improved in my opinion as there have been times I have had issues and they have been unable to help me.

It Will Get The Job Done, But Might Frustrate You Constantly Until It Does

Our entire firm just moved over to Concur Expense, and it has not been without it's issues. I think it will be a worthwhile transition in the long run, however, I need to watch a lot more of the help videos until I get there.

Pros

It is very thorough, and really very detailed. I don't have problems with the reports once I make them, and I feel like the expense process is very thorough. From a company's standpoint, the software makes sense and provides them with a lot of information. It also has a TON of user input checks which are incredibly tedious, but also ensure that everything is inputted properly The app is also really helpful, especially when taking pictures of receipts and uploading them to reports. If I wanted to ensure accuracy and completeness and was choosing a software, I'd definitely go with this one.

Cons

Sigh... all good things have their drawbacks it seems. I'd be lying if I said Concur Expense was user friendly. There are so many error messages possible, and it is not intuitive when trying to solve them all. The error messages are small, and contain limited information as to why they've occurred. Per diem is NOT self explanatory, and my firm had to put out an entire educational PowerPoint on how to input per diem expenses. And then additional help info on basically every other function. Sometimes the system will auto-populate when I don't want it to, and other times it will attempt to categorize expenses into categories that don't make sense. It's not the most intuitive software... and when I finally successful submit an expense report, I'm relieved more than anything.

Roger

Easy way to track and report expenses

Overall, the best expense tracker that I have used. I would say that the features are always updated to help manage daily work for someone who remotely handles projects and needs the latest and most efficient way to work. This takes away a lot of the old processes for handling expenses.

Pros

As a weekly traveler, my expenses add up quickly. This software allows easy import of receipts, tracking of projects, and submission of expense reports. You can use your camera to take a shot of a receipt so that you don't lose it (which is a great thing for me) Managing multiple expense reports, assigning the reports to specific projects, handling foreign tax exchanges, even the submission of the reports and tracking their progress, all made easy with Concur. I like having the mobile app that syncs with my laptop app as well.

Cons

Sometimes it is not so easy to match up specific receipts to the correct expense when you have multiple ones for the same vendor. Not sure how to remedy.

Company decision

Kristin

Streamlines coorporate Travel Bookings, Approvals and Expense Reports in one application that is somewhat easy to use.

Pros

Great implementation experience. Nice workflow that you can customize and set up for your company needs. Nice interface and UI for users. It is great that there is an app to use when on the go. Love the fact there are integration capabilities that you can build out and customize to extract data to then ingest into other software.

Cons

User support is very hard to deal with in the fact that you have to submit 'cases' via the website and do not always get the correct person that understands your wants and needs....I find this extremely unbearable support after coming out of implementation where you had a dedicated rep that could communicate effectively with you and understands your custom set up of the system. The client service rep after implementation does little to no help with requests. The administration of the system is cumbersome and very complex. The admin has a lot to learn and a lot of different areas of the system to manage. The mobile application doesn't allow for all necessary functionality for users for approvals. System outages have gotten better but occur way too frequently.

An efficient program for submitting travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel

Using Concur has made collecting receipts, submitting travel requests, and booking travel so much more efficient than ever before. I come from a background where we use to do everything by paper and getting approvals with signature. With the amount of staff we have, using this electronic system is so much easier.

Pros

Using Concur to submit travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel has been such a time saver from doing things the old fashioned paper way. I like the ability to upload receipts online and the electronic approval process. It is very easy to view a report history of what was submitted as a reference. With the Concur App, you can also take pictures with your phone and upload receipts automatically to your account. This is helpful especially for those who lose receipts all the time. You can also forward e-receipts to your account by email. Our company also uses the booking travel feature - what I like most is the ability to see the cheapest airfare available through a matrix. Once your airfare is booked, you can easily add a rental car and hotel to the travel request.

Cons

Concur has many features, which can take some time to learn. Fortunately through experience, I was able to help my staff solve some of the issues when they come to me. I think this is due to having some many features and not be able to learn them all at once. There are many shortcuts that staff may not be aware of such as allocated expenses in bulk, rather one at a time.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,398 reviews