All SAP Concur Reviews

1-25 of 2,010 Reviews

Automotive, 1 employee

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2021

best travel booking program!

Medical Devices, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

SAP Concur

overall, I really think this product is great and a huge improvement from our previous tool.

PROS

it is easy to upload receipts and match to my expenses, either via image or pdf document. the mobile app is a life saver for someone that has trouble with keeping receipts.

CONS

My only complaint is that you can't apply the same image to multiple expenses. This is especially frustrating when you have to split an expenses.

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

we used notes database to manage the expenses we moved in part of a mail migration to a new mail platform.

Maddie

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

It's been fantastic to use, with monthly reports to measure progress

The company's customer service and accounting staff were always willing to help. For a simple operation, I didn't have to fill in a lot of data in the expense reporting UI, which I appreciated. It seemed that the processes for obtaining the permit were also working well.

PROS

Since then, we've moved away from Concur's Expense and Travel modules. Whereas we won't go into specifics, our current Travel app appears to be a lateral shift, with some upgrades and some downgrades, while our current Expense app is an entirely new experience and I wouldn't consider going back.

CONS

Many times, even the real people behind the scenes couldn't get the system to do what they wanted, so I had to work with the travel provider to connect things like my frequent flyer number so I could access my status-related benefits.

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

A wonderful technique to keep track of costs and get permission from the property owner to reimburse them. There are a plethora of receipt choices and categories to help organize things.

DEANNA

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

SAP CONCUR

My over all experience with SAP Concur have been awesome and will continue to use this product.

PROS

What I like most about SAP Concur that is user friendly, and I would recommend this product to customers/vendors.

CONS

I do not have any dislike regarding SAP concur at this time.

Ryan

Consumer Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2024

Challenging to use

PROS

It did its job and I didnt ever not get reimbursed my travel

CONS

It is confusing to use. A few different buttons feel like the same thing so I frequently needed assistance from more senior users

Abigail

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2024

Helpful Tool for Expense and Travel Management

PROS

Everything I need to manage business expenses is in one place. It's incredibly easy to create a report or request, and with the help of Concur I can accurately estimate how much the cost of a trip may be and have all of the details in one place. When I return from my trip, being able to simply upload receipts and organize the expenses is incredibly helpful, and takes all of 5 minutes if I have organized my receipts and details well. The workflow is helpful for when mistakes are made or things need to be sent back and forth. Overall it's a seamless product that has made it super easy to manage our teams expenses.

CONS

The only thing I have come across that I don't particularly enjoy is that at our institution, reports cost quite a bit of money to create/submit. We make it a priority to submit as few as possible but sometimes accidents happen or an unplanned expense pops up. IN the gran scheme of things, the cost is not high, but it is there for sure.

Misty

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Customer service is terrible

We did like the platform (when the connection to Amex wasn't constantly disconnecting). It took some time to figure out all the bells and whistles and narrow down which we needed and how to pull reports to get the info we needed but once we did it helped a lot with expense reports.

PROS

The platform itself is nice and for larger businesses, it has a lot of functionality built-in.

CONS

Customer service is basically non-existent. No way to reach out via phone. If you have a problem or Q they strongly encourage you to read through the help articles to solve your own problem. The platform is a little tricky to navigate due to all the features they have (most of them useless for what my company needed it for) and the connection with American Express constantly breaks. We ended up switching to another expense management platform after five years of using it.

Reason for choosing SAP Concur

Mainly we used to make sure approvals workflows for client expenses were approved by the managers of each project and ultimately reimbursed by our clients. Concur had rules in place where certain expenses were excluded if they didn't meet certain conditions set forth by our company.

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

At the time Expensify did not have a bunch of features we needed to ensure all expenses were being captured, we ended up switching back to Expensify after they made improvements to their platform.

Grace

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

A simple tool to track expenses and travel management

Concur streamlines the process of reserving flights, hotels, and rental vehicles, as well as keeping track of my trip spending. It's challenging to multitask while constantly moving, but Concur makes it easy and safe.

PROS

It's also highly safe to use on any gadget, thanks to the necessity of a passcode. The expense is generated instantly thanks to the receipt upload function in Expenseit. This makes dealing with the massive monthly spending reports a breeze.

CONS

Especially when it comes to making travel arrangements, Concur could use a more user-friendly design. Once a day and time have been selected, it would be great if the flights could be filtered more precisely.

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

It's simple to check costs and stays current with the latest technological requirements for most booking plans. We have the worst management procedures when it comes to expenses, but we can simply improve this.

Devin

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Concur review

PROS

I like that we are able to route the approvals to different people if we need to or send it back to the originator for adjustments.

CONS

I don't like that you can't change you can't go back and unapprove an invoice after it's been approved.

Adam

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

SAP for Expenses

Overall this is a software that improves the ability to manage expenses so it is a valuable asset.

PROS

The software can auto fill a number of key details which speeds up the process of inputting expenses. It files all the receipts in date order to make it easy to see what and when you have spent.

CONS

The mobile function is slow and can be very clunky.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed October 2023

Using Concur in the Professional Services world

We mainly use this app for our expenses and travel. It serves its purpose and needs some updates to make it more user-friendly.

PROS

The expense section of Concur has a welcomed UX upgrade, it was much needed. I like that certain apps can connect directly when I purchase something it links right to the receipts so I don't have to take a pic and upload. The UX is much more friendly in its simplicity and look/feel.

CONS

The travel portion of Concur needs some serious help. The mobile version is not friendly at all. The major problem I have with the travel portion is the user interface and the slow search functionality. It needs a complete overhaul in terms of the GUI and UX.

Warehousing, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Expense Reporting at its best...

Easy and convenient makes this task quick and painless allowing time to move on to other to-do's rather than wasting time.

PROS

The ease and convenience of SAP Concur makes expense report tracking, submission, and reimbursement painless.

CONS

Honestly, I've used quite a few systems over the years and SAP Concur is right up there with the best of them.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Ease of booking through your company

Great for booking travel through the company. Customer service has been amazing to work with when you need to make a change.

PROS

I like how booking is all in one place when doing business travel. You can get flights, hotels, and even car rentals.

CONS

At this time, I have not found one thing that I don't like about SAP Concur.

Kelsi

Veterinary, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Better quality products out there

I implemented Concur in 2017 for our new organization. At the time, it was the best of the best and would integrate with our Regions card system to move us from Expense reports in Excel to a system. However, it all went downhill after that. As we grew and tried to work with Concur, we seemly got more negative feedback from the system and the employees. Every request we had, they would charge us for it. It felt like working with incompetent lawyers, rather than a partner in our expense journey. We switched to a new company in July and couldn't be happier!

PROS

The thing i like most about the software is the name. Everyone knows who Concur is and it makes it easier when bringing new people in to the organization.

CONS

Super dated software. Very clunky and always going down. Not customizable unless you paid extra for it. Every time I asked for data analytics I was told that had to be a custom report and was not included in our reporting package. They were constantly trying to upsell us

Reason for choosing SAP Concur

At the time it was because it offered travel and expense management, as well as it would link with our P-Card.

Mohamed Salah

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

A Comprehensive Review of SAP Concur

Overall, I have been very pleased with SAP Concur. It is a great tool for managing our employee expenses, and I would recommend it to any business looking for an easy-to-use solution.

PROS

SAP Concur has been a great tool for our small business, allowing us to easily manage employee expenses, invoices, and travel. It's easy to use, and the customer service is top-notch.

CONS

The user-interface can be a bit clunky at times, and sometimes it takes a while to find the right feature.

Reasons for switching to SAP Concur

SAP Concur has a range of superior features over its alternatives, such as its intuitive design, powerful reporting capabilities, and excellent customer service. It is a great choice for any organization.

Tawanda

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

PROS

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

CONS

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

Reviewed September 2023

Doing expenses can be easy - just takes a bit of a learning curve

All in all, Concur does what it is supposed to do. There are a few things you learn over time that make things easier or help you along the way. It's not the most intuitive UI, but I see SAP's progress. So, I'm hopeful this will continue to improve. I've been using that tool now for many years (with 1-4 reports per month - creating and approving), and I have a pretty good system to do the expenses properly and efficiently. There are also more possibilities to help me do my reports. E.g., I would love to have templates for regular expenses. Let's say I expensed a particular bill every month - it would be great if I could mark that as a template and copy a version of that into my following reports - adjusting only the things that changed (e.g., the receipt image or the entry date. That would certainly save me time.

PROS

SAP Concur is pretty standard in the industry for that purpose. It has a few features and functions that can justify that market share. I enjoy the widespread connections between apps I regularly use for business travel (e.g., Lyft, Uber, our travel agency app) and Concur. As soon as my ride is done, there is a new expense available that I can add to my report. Most fields for each item are filled out correctly, so I only need to add the missing items. I also don't need to scan the receipt or attach it somehow. Speaking of connecting - that's the second significant advantage. While doing my expense reports on my desktop computer, I can quickly log onto my mobile app and take a picture of a receipt I don't have digitally - e.g., the bill from my restaurant visit. Both work simultaneously - so I don't get logged out if I use the other channel.

CONS

SAP Concur has improved its UI over the last few years, and it looks a lot more modern than it was before. Still, a few things are a bit old-school—for example, the view of an expense. I also approve reports for my team members, so I must open each expense and check the fields. At this point, this is still the old grayish windows-95-style form with the chained properties. What's possible can be seen when you enter an expense. Here, you see the properties in a somewhat modern design.

Christina

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Beware

Absolutely terrible. They couldn't handle our AP needs, and couldn't even handle their own! We received an invoice for their services 14 months after the service period, several months after we had terminated our services with them. We gave Concur a year and had nothing but struggles with their service.

PROS

The software has the capabilities needed and desired for good AP processing/workflow.

CONS

The SAP Concur staff doing the invoice processing obviously have no idea what they're doing. They are poorly trained. When I called for service or clarification on an issue, nobody was ever able to answer my questions. The only person I spoke with who seemed to understand me was the sales rep. The staff processing our bills clearly didn't know the difference between an invoice and a statement. They don't follow directions. And on countless occasions the software held back checks that were supposed to be mailed out and resulted in deteriorated vendor relationships. When we believed our bills were paid, because we'd processed them and submitted them as approved for payment and received confirmations that checks were cut, we found out from our vendors that they never received payment. I spent more time chasing down what Concur did WRONG than they spent actually processing our bills.

Reason for choosing SAP Concur

Reputation and size. We felt confident that given the strength of the brand and the experience they boasted, that they would be able to handle our AP needs once we outsourced. They failed to deliver. I have nothing but regrets.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Very helpful software with many useful features

My Overall experience is very positive with this software and I am very thankful to have access to it. This software is a major time saver when submitting, reviewing and processing expense claims.

PROS

The software allows me to sort submitted expense claims by date, currency and location. Within the expense claim the software is very user friendly, allowing the user to select from a wide ranges of expense types, departments, countries and entities. Features such as the automatic foreign currency calculation, mileage calculator and integration with corporate credit cards are very useful for the user and saves alot of time. The software is also very customizable by allowing the admin to change expense types departments, managers and other settings. The admin is also able to view a variety of reports that are very useful as well as features such as expense connect automatic payments and allowing access for the admin to act on behalf of another user.

CONS

The website tends to have periods where it is unavailable and doesn't work. This is usually resolved within a short time and the site returns to normal. Also the customer support for Concur could be improved in my opinion as there have been times I have had issues and they have been unable to help me.

Renaud