Browse SAP Fieldglass Reviews

Tom from NIC INFOTEK

Fieldglass - a configurable solution

We use Fieldglass to manage candidates for client companies that we recruit for. We also manage contingent workers.

Pros

We use Fieldglass to manage recruitments for multiple client companies. Being that it is run by SAP, the software is almost infinitely configurable, and the companies are able to configure it to match the company culture and terminology. As a recruiter, that means we have to learn the company culture and terminology as well, and it turns out that Fieldglass helps that. We are able to communicate better with the managers because we are learning their language, as it were.

Cons

Like most software, you are sometimes rigidly confined to what the software is designed to do. By that I mean that it is difficult to convey a candidate's nuances if the software doesn't include a way to do that. Of course, this means we have to be creative, and this results in us getting to know the candidates a little better, which is good for us and the client companies.

Outsource with Ease with SAP Fieldglass.

The Efficiency rendered by SAP Fieldglass means that my institution has improved managerial capacity to make strategic business decisions.

Pros

Having outsourced specific services, my institution adopted SAP Fieldglass to automate the process of recruiting, engaging, pay and get more value from the contractors. SAP Fieldglass helps my institution to find a perfect balance between overstaffing and understaffing of external laborforce. Consequently, we have improved service delivery and managed costs. The process of selecting and recruiting external staff at my institution has been automated, standardized, made easy and sped up by SAP Fieldglass. SAP Fieldglass tracks external staff's time and attendance from any worksite of my institution. In this way, time theft is eliminated. My institution makes use of scheduling feature in SAP Fieldglass in order to assign qualified external staff, in appreciated number, and at appropriate time. By analyising past and present data, SAP Fieldglass computes revenues that my institution expects as well as an estimation of income that will be achieved in a future period. SAP Fieldglass measures performance data in a given range. My institution is able to assess how the external staff are working and whether targets are being met. Having identified the requirements of the roles that external workforce play in my institution, SAP Fieldglass makes an analysis of attributes of each staff to determine whether their skills fit these requirements.

Cons

Apart from the workforce, my institution could be more effective if other members of our extranet community were recognized by SAP Fieldglass.

Reasons for Choosing SAP Fieldglass

SAP has features that meet business requirements of my institution.

Reasons for Switching to SAP Fieldglass

Could not be customised to meet the requirements of my institution.

Hunter from BioPoint Inc

Do not like or recommend

Pros

The only pro that comes to mind is that it tracks peoples time well. I do not really like anything else about it.

Cons

Old, archaic system. Their customer service is pretty terrible. Hard to get an answer that is actually helpful.

Response from SAP

Replied May 2018

Thank you for reaching out and expressing your dissatisfaction; we are sorry to hear of the issues that you are experiencing. While we appreciate your recognition of our platform¿s capabilities, we want you to be satisfied with all of the tool¿s features. SAP Fieldglass continually updates its platform with customer-centric features and runs a support team around the clock to ensure continuous coverage. Please let us know if you would like further assistance and we can have a member of our support team contact you directly.

Md. from British American Tobacco Bangladesh

Industry: Tobacco

Fieldglass - Your contingent workforce manager

I have been using this software for many days and am greatly experiencing the benefits ( as my organization has to follow certain controls) of managing the contingent workers as per the controls stated. It helps in terms of the contingent workers having which access and when their contract will expire. I am more likely to recommend this software to others.

Pros

I. Very user-friendly platform. II. Data importing and exporting is easy. III. Hiring 3P/contingent workers ensures the contract management is aligned with the company processes - policies. IV. Feature of hiring, extension or termination is very easy and ensures zero breach. V. Allows the HR team to monitor & manage the organizational resources very efficiently.

Cons

SAP Fieldglass is just fantastic and I do find anything least about this software.

Mahesh from ACS Solutions

Better portal for tracking data

Using it for last 3 years and have found it way too better to use in comparison to other VMS portals. The portal is quite reliable in raising invoices against the payments made which helps both vendor and client to make sure the business is going smooth and is completely transparent.

Pros

Fieldglass is one of the best present VMS portal that helps us to keep track of all the consultants time and expense details. The onboarding feature is one stop solution to check on all the required details for a particular consultant which reduces the efforts and also makes payment and billing easy for the organization.

Cons

The navigation throughout the portal is not so smooth, it sometimes makes you leave an entire section before you are redirected to other. Also, the display of information is not sufficient, you have to dig deep in order to fetch details for a specified data which is time consuming. The customer service is also not so good, the portal is some times down without any update on when and how much time it is going to take to work properly again.

Reasons for Switching to SAP Fieldglass

IQN had problems of it's own. It created difficulties in raising invoices and onboarding of the consultants.

David from Kohler Co.

Great Partner and Advocate

Pros

My support team at SAP - Fieldglass. Always attentive. They never shy away from telling me if I am going down the wrong path. Quick to offer best practices and help me to be a better administrator and program manager. The functionality is configurable to the needs of the program and offers comprehensive reporting which is vital in the metrics driven business environment we are in today.

Cons

I must admit that I am puzzled by the help desk at times. I don't know what goes into the prioritization of cases but they lag at times, especially if you tell them at the outset the importance of the case. It seems as though they have their criteria and don't want to consider the impact their lack of urgency can cause.

Chris from Honeywell

My favorite product for cloud storage and document sharing

Simplified file sharing and document management for work, school, and personal use.

Pros

A wide variety of integration features with other applications. Easily share files and folders with friends and colleagues in real time. Dropbox also automatically saves and backs up my documents to the cloud, and frees up valuable space on my hard drive. Mainly, I like having the ability to access, edit, and share important files remotely. Mobile application is great, as well as syncing with other devices.

Cons

The paid or premium version can be quite costly in comparison to other cloud storage and document sharing products. Uploading time is slow for certain file formats.

Tracking employees

Pros

We require the agencies that supply us with contract labor to have fieldglass as the way for us to approve timecards and submit it to them for payroll. Before my time, there were paper forms that had to be faxed in but this is easy once their agencies are able to set up their own accounts and we can approve it on a weekly basis. I get emails and can add proxies or be a proxy for hiring managers to permit them or myself to approve timecards if someone has to be out of office.

Cons

I wish proxies could access all information that a hiring manager can (of course with the correct permissions). There might be a way, but I am not sure if the software or company is restricting a lot of functions that could make our jobs easier. It's still a work in progress on how hiring processes may work, but fieldglass is definitely a good tool.

Raj from Utilities

Industry: Utilities

SAP Fieldglass

Overall, another timesheet tool and no brainer if the organization ERP is on SAP and HR records can be easily linked. If interface is not set up then it will be a manual.

Pros

The timesheet & claim process is streamlined and easy to use doing timesheeting. Customer supprt especially w.r.t. password and reset is seamless.

Cons

You need to enter the timesheet everytime, there is no copy over or single click to mirror last timesheet. App experience is poor, ridiculous with things app can do and is not easy to use.

Brianna from PPD

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Good but requires customization

Overall, this is a good product to manage your contingent workforce but will require some planning and configuration on your part.

Pros

The thing I like the most about the software is that managers, suppliers and recruiters are all able to communicate about requisitions and candidates in one place.

Cons

The thing I like the least about the software is that it requires a lot of customization to make it do what you want to do.

Dennis from Conduent

Fieldglass is a good website for contract or temp workers to submit their hours to temp agencies

making sure my hours for my timecard is sent to my temp company's payroll depart so I get paid on a weekly or tri-monthly basis.

Pros

It is easy to enter hours, time for arrivals and leaving work, and keeping track of work hours. It is also easy to edit hours or make corrects.

Cons

Once a timesheet for a given week is submitted, it is hard to see if it has been accepted by a temp agency or department. I have found myself calling into customer support just to verify that I have successfully submitted my timecard on time for payroll.

Response from SAP

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your review, Dennis! SAP Fieldglass continually updates its platform with customer-centric features to ensure our customers have the best user experience possible when interacting with the tool. Thank you again for your review and feedback.

Stepheney from Nestle Purina PetCare Company

Nestle Purina's experience with SAP Fieldglass has been great!

Pros

The solution has helped us accomplish a significant business objective surrounding external workforce. We now have a streamlined and consistent process for our organization and will continue to expand on the solution's functionality to meet our new business objectives. The software allows for a number of reporting and analytics capabilities which has helped our business tremendously. The Account Services Team at Fieldglass is incomparable to any other. We consider them a part of our Nestle Purina family. They have gone above and beyond to work with our organization to set us up for success, and prepare us for the future. We are very thankful for their partnership and the solution.

Response from SAP

Replied February 2018

Thank you for the stellar review, Stepheney! Nestle Purina is a valued customer and we sincerely appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Good Work Management Software

Multiple project efforts are being tracked effectively, utilizing multiple resources across the project landscape

Pros

The software integrates easily with project tracking databases. This allows ease of use for creating hierarchical listings of product and project codes. As a result, it is easy to track multiple but related efforts requiring tracking of hours applied.

Cons

The software requires a manual component in order to function properly. If project codes are not properly designed and initialized, it is not possibly to use the platform properly.

JAY-AR from Team Cortez

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

With SAP Fieldglass you can never go wrong.

Over all experience I am satisfied with the performance SAP Fieldglass. Really made for business to grow and ease the trouble of spending lots of hours manually monitoring and managing all of your tasked.

Pros

This one tools I used when recruiting candidates for hiring. SAP Fieldglass help us organized thing specially not just with recruitment but also for other stuff. Its also What I like about SAP Fieldglass is that it is run by SAP which is a widely used business tools today. It has a used friendly interface also which is a much for convenient even for beginners to used. Actually SAP Fieldglass can also measure your companies overall performance and also track your staffs progress.

Cons

For the cons I can only say this since I am satisfied with the performance of SAP Fieldglass. Please work on your customer service.

Candidate Management!

Pros

Being in recruiting industry, management of talents/ candidates is very important. This is one of the essentials that every staffing company should have. And I must day this is one of the best I've ever used. I can easily manage candidates for every client I am working with. You can also configure it and communicate with the managers.

Cons

None. I good with what I'm getting however, there's always a room for them to make better experience.

Liz from GCSI

Easy Access

I appreciate that it is easy to use, and any questions are quickly answered by our representatives. Keeps our contractors and our client company happy and everyone in clear communication.

Pros

They never go "down" like many other sites do. They seem to have their stuff together as it is quite comprehensive and easily navigated. Our contractors submit their time and expense sheets through Fieldglass, and it is one of the easiest tasks to go in and make any changes. The contractors have no issues with using it with very little additional instruction. Very user friendly.

Cons

I have yet to find a single bug during use, therefore have no complaints or issues with SAP Fieldglass.

Jose Mari from Smartlink, LLC

One for All

Pros

FieldGlass is if not the most comprehensive vendor management system tool out in the market. Easy access for everyone that uses the management tool. Ease of use is superb and navigation is easy to understand. The best thing about it is as well, is its fast something that is very vital in where this system is used, something that is appreciated by many when there are multiple users accessing the system all at the same time.

Cons

I just wish it had a more intuitive ui over all.

Lori from The Standard

Fantastic all around platform for management

Pros

I like that I can manage all of my clients through the one software VMS. This makes handling multiple large or small employee headcounts a breeze. I also felt it was very user friendly.

Cons

I feel that it can crash from time to time but the customer support is very helpful in this matter.

Good product.

Pros

Can be customized for certain groups of people to enter their time and expenses.

Cons

Assigning and un-assigning projects and tasks and time reversals needs support. It is not very user friendly.

Tom from CF Industries

Industry: Chemicals

We use Fieldglass to procure contract IT staff via a vendor managed service provider.

Pros

We started using Fieldglass in 2016 and have filled over 100 positions to staff up our IT Department. We work with a third party vendor who provides this to us as a managed service. Fieldglass is very easy to use. Simple and visual reporting. Scalable and efficient.

Steve from Refinitiv

For employees, a (relatively) simple way to enter time

Fieldglass is one of three time reporting tools needed for contract employees. It is by far the easiest to use, but does not integrate with either of the other two tools. The mobile app is subpar for a company the size of SAP, especially for time-entry, which isn't a terribly-complex task in its most basic form. Still, the web-driven version is intuitive and easy to use, and where most employees I know enter their time. In the end, the product fails to impress, but it doesn't have to do so because there's nothing flashy about time entry. It is not obtrusive, and it is straightforward.

Pros

The interface is clean and uncluttered, with a simple grid view

Cons

There are very few cons to this software as it is intuitive to use, easy to navigate, and (depending on its configuration) sends out real-time notifications to approvers.

SAP Fieldglass Review

My overall experience has been good, given my weekly usage. Apart from the less intuitive interface, it serves my purpose to fill up my timesheets very well. I would recommend this software to my colleagues.

Pros

I use Fieldglass to fill up my weekly timesheet. It is very convenient to enter hours and also gives intuitive alerts if a working hour is mistakenly filled up for a weekend or a holiday. The time sheet quantity section provides a good overall review of hours worked. Overall its a feature-rich software to use.

Cons

It would be better to have a more self-explanatory user interface since it can be a little confusing for new comers. The page has crashed a couple times during usage, but this issue has been resolved and brought back up every time.

Popular UI

10+ years - multiple implementations in multiple countries.

Pros

The UI and ability to support large accounts of $50M+ contingent spend

Cons

Since the SAP acquisition service has declined and most recently senior sales/operations have left.

Reasons for Choosing SAP Fieldglass

Several clients were already using SAP - therefore, SAP was a natural choice. One client had a mandatory commercial obligation to only use SAP products.

Claire from Flint International Ltd

Good Workforce Management System

A good workforce management system that allows you to stay organised and track workforce

Pros

Cloud Based Intuitive User Friendly Value for Money

Cons

Can be confusing for new users, more online tutorials needed

SAP Fieldglass is the best to managed contract employees

A resource setup time is very minimum along with adding all the contract entry. Contractors also can easily enter their time and the manager can approve as per the email notification

Pros

This is the most user friendly time contract resource management system. Every resource can be added assigned with individual project. Resource manager gets the email with the link after the resource book time for approval.

Cons

It requires two time data entry for the time sheet. Once the user need to enter the time he/she worked and then the hours to match the time booking.

David from Arnold Magnetic Technologies

Fieldglass review

Overall it is a good system and I would recommend it to others.

Pros

Overall Fieldglass is user friendly and fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

When entering in overtime hours you are forced to enter in your base hours twice then complete the math from each day displaying the difference in regular vs overtime hours. This creates a great deal of work on the user end.

Good Product Bad people

Pros

Fieldglass was a usable VMS with all the features you would expect. The field seems to all have the same basic features and functions.

Cons

Filedglass worked as advertised, but implementation model was lacking substance. Took longer to implement than anticipated. B+ software, D- personnel.

Samantha from GnT

Getting better

Pros

I like the new upgrade implemented where I can select multiple employees and equipment at once. I also like how it totals the invoice for you as a check before submitting it so I can see if I’ve made mistakes.

Cons

I do not like how I can’t find an invoice I have submitted based on my own invoice number.

Sagar from Acumen Physician Solutions

Useful tool for tracking timesheets

We use it to track contractor time sheets and expenses.

Pros

The best part of using SAP FieldGlass is that it interfaces with our company time entry tool Kronos and also reminds the managers to approve time cards and expense sheets

Cons

I cannot really point out anything major which is not good about this software. The cost and time reporting can get better though

Reasons for Switching to SAP Fieldglass

Makes it easy to approve time cards from different contracting companies.

Over technical system for what it provides

Pros

It is easy to search for positions and filter once you know the Buyer.

Cons

The software offers too much information in the single search. When looking for a job, all the the billing information comes up on the same page and it makes it difficult to pitch the job, too much information on the front page.

Shreshthi from Bay Cove Human Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Fieldglass for timekeeping

As a user, it is very to use and approve time. It was also compatible with most browsers and devices.

Pros

We have contractors and temps working with us. We do not create profiles for them in our systems. The agency uses fieldglass and it is easy to use and enter the time there for them to be paid.

Cons

The staff needs to enter the time daily. It would have been nice if there would be a way to create a schedule.

Terrific req and application tracking tool

Great tool when working with large companies. Easy to track form start to finish and nice for applicants to see where they stand.

Pros

-easy to use -clean design -updates with features and instructions -ability to save profiles to resubmit applications - easy to interact with talent community

Cons

-slow close out time for positions - dependent on user for activity on positions -limited to what you are approved to view

Danielle from Repucare

Super user friendly system that is easy to navigate and get through quickly

The software works great for all purposes we've used it for.

Pros

So easy to use, prompts for the information you must fill out on the vendor side ensure you don't mess anything up

A great option for managing external/contract workers

The ability to easily manage contract workers is a huge benefit that Fieldglass provides. If you can get past the slowness at times, you will not find another platform that offers the same level of functionality.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to manage external or contract workers with this. You can set up rules/customization to suit your business needs. You can easily disable workers when needed by updating the end date. You also have the ability to use timesheets within FieldGlass.

Cons

The biggest thing I dislike about FieldGlass is it can be very slow with large organizations when updating worker details. It can sometimes take 30-60 seconds to pull up a record when you need to update the end date of a worker.

As a contractor and as a manager

Clunky for recording hours the way it is set up for us.

Pros

web based tool. useful for a large diverse workforce

Cons

not integrated to costing or charging in other SAP modules - maybe our configuration?

Samantha from G&T Enterprises

Not user friendly

Pros

There Is not much I like about this software. Every time I have called for help, I have not had an issue.

Cons

It is very tedious. I cannot search for my invoices that I have already entered into the system. It is not user friendly. Entering new employees is also difficult.

Response from SAP

Replied June 2018

Thank you for reaching out; we are sorry to hear of the issues that you are experiencing. While we appreciate your recognition of our Support Team, we want you to be fully satisfied with SAP Fieldglass. SAP Fieldglass continually updates its platform with customer-centric features to ensure our customers have the best user experience possible when interacting with the tool. We apologize that your experience is proving to be challenging and know that we want to correct the situation. Please let us know if you would like further assistance and we can have a member of our support team contact you directly.

Not ideal for customizations

The tax problems mentioned above were a concern for some time, but as a basic user reporting my hours my experience has been positive.

Pros

As a vendor reporting my hours, its fairly easy and basic to use. Depending on the level of customization the company requires, it can get quite complex.

Cons

Validating taxes from the front-end and back-end was challenging. The tax wizard function is not very reliable with Canadian taxes.

SAP Fieldglass

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use as a contractor to log hours and overtime, report absences etc. Easy to navigate and manage contractors as a Fieldglass administrator.

Cons

Would be improved if better integration to host company's HR (e.g. HR chat, etc) were included.

Dyllan from Namm California

Easy to submit my time for my paychecks!

Pros

It was very quick and easy to submit my times I worked through Fieldglass. What I enjoyed is that they did not ask you to submit a time for every clock in. You were to list as the end of each work day what you worked and save your progress through the week.

Cons

If you forget to log, you don't get paid. I understand the responsibility being on each employee, BUT a little reminder when it's due would be nice.

Great product to very a candidate's life cycle!

Pros

I've great to see where candidates are in the process, especially when working for a big organisation, it's much trickier to chase feedback. It's easy to use and i love the lists you can create based on job seekers and current jobs!

Cons

No con's that i can think of, only that the email notifications are a little difficult to read.

Perfectly serviceable time and expense tracker

SAP Fieldglass, as a user, is 100% fine. It does the job, it does it well, and it never breaks down. It's extremely simple to use. It may not have the most updated feel, but it's reliable and that's what counts.

Pros

It is simple to use, and never breaks on me. SAP Fieldglass may not have the sexiest or most updated interface, but it's extremely user friendly and easy to navigate. I didn't have to use the accompanying instructions my company sent me to figure things out -- this is software that simply is what it is.

Cons

This is silly, but it looks like it was created in the 90's. There's nothing "pretty" or modern about it, but that's not really an issue considering that it works like a charm.

Kay from Bell

SAP Fieldglass is a superior VMS tool that is enabling us to manage our Contingent program.

An organization such as ours requires support and commitment to operate and SAP Fieldglass doesn't disappoint.

Pros

Ease of use and analytics that aid in our data review and decision making abilities on how to better run our program. We receive great customer support and feedback reports to better run the Contingent Workforce Program. SAP Fieldglass continues to seek our feedback on the use of the tool which enables a constructive dialogue and constant desire to keep the software ahead of its competitors.

David from Siemens Gamesa

Industry: Oil & Energy

Dire Software

How hard can it be to design timesheet software? You enter your hours, it adds them up, sends them to be approved (or not) and all is well. Yet SAP Fieldglass makes a pig's ear of it. Why do you have to go through a list of 1000+ items to find yours? Why can you not search yours? Why do you have to type in "Default" into one of the fields to make it work? Why do you have to enter 7,50 instead of 7.5? Why will it not let you type in your hours unless you go into it a dozen times? It's like a salesman has said "Let's make this as complicated as possible so we can charge a fortune for a program that could be written in Excel in 15 minutes". I give this 1 star on the basis I cannot give it zero.

Pros

Nothing - it should be replaced with an Excel Spreadsheet

Cons

Complicated, counter intuitive, bad design, no thought for the user, totally waste of time

Andrea from Job Store Staffing

Recruiting Manager

Very easy to use. When I got locked out of the system, customer service quickly resolved the issue.

Pros

I use it as a VMS for me to submit candidates for our customer. It is very easy to submit a candidate and upload their resume. A lot of VMS's ask a lot of unnecessary questions just to submit a candidate.

Cons

I'm not sure if the customer has control over this, but all the job descriptions say the same thing regardless of the position.

Heather from CVS Health

Can get to exactly what I need

Pros

As the end user for inputting time, this product lets me get in, see my timesheet to fill, fill it out easy - right there on my phone - and submit. All in just a couple minutes. Loads quick, and is reliable. Haven't had it crash or freeze.

Cons

I'd be hard pressed to think of a drawback to this software. If I had to choose anything, it's the wall-of-text I have to scroll through to get to the timesheet at the bottom. But that's such a minor inconvenience, it doesn't outweigh all that I appreciate about it.

Franz from T.CON GmbH & Co. KG

Great software for managing external employees

All in all, a super solution that is exciting for medium-sized to very large companies.

Pros

Super software for the management of external employees. The software covers the entire process, from skill requirements to candidate management and tenders. SAP Fieldglass in combination with SuccessFactors can map the entire total workforce management.

Cons

Unfortunately for smaller companies and not so well suited. This software is worthwhile only if a high volume of external employees per year is to be mapped.

Brittany from System one

Very easy to use!

Pros

Easy to keep track of applicants and payroll

Cons

Nothing its easy to use! Its easy to keep track of everything.

Joslyn from Bear Staffing

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Fieldglass is needed for Staffing.

Pros

Field Glass is a great tool for staffing purposes. We use Field Glass with a few of our different clients and it definitely helps us with our employees that we place there. Love that we are able to have employees submit time on the portal, it makes doing payroll a lot easier.

Cons

Creating multiple reqs for employees can sometimes be a slow process when working back and forth with an employer, especially when you want to place talent right away.

It's always down.

Trying to enter a timesheet shouldn't need to be always updated every weekend for the entire weekend.

Pros

Nothing. Literally nothing. This is just a timesheet software that is probably managed by guys who are too eager to be making changes.

Cons

It's always down. I've created websites that were secure, and have had to run updates on secure servers. How is it that they are always down on the weekend, and not just down for a few hours, but down for the entire day sometimes.

Melanie from Lanas Pocket

My experience

Good tool!

Pros

It's a great way to keep your time updated and in order. It's very friendly, simple and easy to use!

Cons

The data entry every day or biweekly. It should have something that can help you fill out the week or month if you don't have an irregular schedule.