All ShipMonk Reviews

ShipMonk is the modern answer to fulfillment

I would recommend ShipMonk for anyone struggling with fulfillment needs.

Pros

ShipMonk has modernized an otherwise archaic process. They also have an amazing team to support their customers.

Cons

It can occasionally be slows to load but is constantly improving. They seem to take customer suggestions to heart so I don’t often have cons about this software.

T.C

Wouldn't Have Made over $3,000,000 Last Year Without Shipmonk!

Overall, this software is CRITICAL because it frees my time, gives me location independence to travel, and enjoy my family without worrying about packaging material, processing orders, or interacting with shipping companies. This software gives me the security and confidence knowing that I am building a sustainable business that can and does run without me needing to be present for every aspect.

Pros

This software has expedited the SALES GROWTH of my business by removing the headache of shipping, storing, and hiring staff to package and process orders. With this weight off of my shoulders, I can 100% focus on new product development and effective marketing to continue increasing my business' revenue.

Cons

That I didn't know it existed YEARS before! I have been using this software since the summer of 2018. Before that, I was STRUGGLING to keep up with packaging hundreds of monthly orders. Fast forwards years later, we now have THOUSANDS of orders each month. Image if I was still self-packaging my own orders with our current volume. This software is a MUST HAVE for serious business owners that want to build a business that can fully operate on its own.

Jacob

January 2023

Stay away from Shipmonk! The company is a FRAUD

Stay away from this company at all cost! They've lost sight of who they are. Over the holidays of this year, our company launched a brand new product. We put this product on pre-order for our customers to purchase and receive before Christmas. Shipmonk Received the product and shipped out 2 of the same items in the bundle on over 100 orders. This bundle is a $500 item. Once we realized what was happening, we immediately tried to get a hold of Shipmonk. It Took us over a week to get this issue into the hands of someone who can stop the shipments, until we figure out how to fix it. Stopping the mistake. We pay for the premium product with MonkProtect, which is Shipmonks version of shipping protection for their clients. This is a complete SCAM. This mistake happened to have cost us over $15,000, and shipmonk/Monkprotect refuses to pay on the claims that they made the mistake on(which they have admitted too). Leaving us high and dry. Seriously if your a small business owner. DO NOT USE SHIPMONK. There are many other 3pl's out there that appreciate the business and are true to their word.

Pros

Funny watching the fat Buddah dance around, while it takes 4 minutes for the order page to load. Similar to the fat greedy pigs running this company

Cons

Software was easy to use, but their slogan. Stress Less, Grow More is a slap in the face

Response from ShipMonk

Dear Jacob, We genuinely want to apologize for the stress you have experienced. This type of frustration is not up to par with the level of service we are committed to offering our clients at ShipMonk. Our Client Success team is working on all the above-mentioned issues you've dealt with and will be reaching out soon to do whatever we can to make things right. Thank you for your feedback and your patience.

Replied January 2023

Lauren

The best DTC 3PL

We trust that our products and orders and being shipped out efficiently and correctly — we are able to set it and forget it and are grateful to have such a reliable extension of our business!

Pros

The dashboard is incredibly easy to follow and navigate through — extremely user friendly and doesn't require much training. You can easily access all product information, shipping cost, weight and tracking information in minutes. It's updated in real time and synced with our Shopify store as well.

Cons

Occasional glitches but customer service is quick to answer and help fix any errors.

Reasons for switching to ShipMonk

All in, Shipmonk is a better value for cost, customer service and flexibility to tailor our shipments. We started with Shipbob but quickly had many issues such as hidden shipping fees, lost products, and very difficult customer reps. At one point we had to physically go to the warehouse to find our products ourselves and have it removed. We sadly had a very negative experience in the end.

Brian

October 2022

Fantastic Onboarding Support

Pros

Just connected my online store and sent my first batch of inventory to Shipmonk. Everything was smooth and onboarding was a breeze. Will update later to reflect my complete order fulfillment experience with them. Interface is nice, alot cleaner than Amazon FBA but their instructional guides are less detailed. What really stood out to me though was the customer service component. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from the Onboarding team was the most helpful individual throughout my whole experience. It is refreshing to have a customer service member not only care about the issues you are facing, but take a step further to see to it that you and your businesses' needs are addressed. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] personally advocated on our behalf to Shipmonks Returns Team to fully integrate our custom returns process with their system. He also helped us out EVERY step of the way with onboarding, answering all of our questions and personally navigating us through the process and pain points we stumbled on. I can say the genuine care, personal level of detail, and friendly assistance he provided is one of the main reasons I would recommend Shipmonk to anyone. Just like the old adage; you cant buy trust. Trust is earned over time. And due to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and Shipmonk's stellar support, this is the main reason why I choose to trust them with my business. Thanks Shipmonk Team!

Cons

Getting setup, the self service training and modules were pretty standard- the main trainings are nice however some side articles and topics are outdated and havent been updated to reflect their current version. Some areas such as returns are completely left out entirely for you to navigate. As a fairly tech savvy individual I would score overall ease of use a 75-80% (out of 100).

Tim

July 2022

Make sure you have a good happiness engineer!

Positive experience, it does what it's supposed to do.

Pros

Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been the highlight of using Shipmonk. He's the best happiness engineer that I've worked with and has been extremely helpful when it comes to resolving issues.

Cons

If you're stuck with a bad happiness engineer everything takes forever to accomplish.

Roberto

November 2022

Stay away from them... just fancy marketing and no quality!

Their support reps are terrible. During COVID they hired a bunch of teenagers to manage the support and when you open tickets you get responses after 1 week... if not more. Most of the time they don't even understand what's the issue because they have zero experience and you waste your time with them. In the last period we had to call them all the time to try to get something moving.The worse is their [SENSITIVE CONTENT], she should be fired immediately. I wrote her several emails during the last 6 months explaining that the situation was unsustainable and she never took the time to answer.To me these guys are just good with their fancy marketing and have got good sales folks. The moment you start working with them you realise from their bills and their service that you've done a big mistake. Run away from them!

Pros

The interface looks nice but lacks in good reporting to keep track of stock movements.

Cons

I'd have given 0 star if it was possible. This is the worse 3PL we've have ever experienced in US.Their platform on the appearance looks fancy but lacks enhanced reporting that you'd need to control stock movements... and if you ask them they want to charge you a special project to develop custom reports that they should offer for free to all clients on the platform.Everything that you ask the standard answer is... we need to charge for a special project.Their fee system is not transparent and hides the real cost you will pay, it seems affordable on the paper but after a while you realise that they increase your storage costs because their minimum fee is linked to the storage costs. We were sending pallets (single SKU) and they were unpalletizing the goods when not needed and placing them in X-Large bins that cost much more (the pallet cost when we joined was $25 that is quite reasonable for LA) but if they decide to spread your stock as they want it just brings an increase of storage costs and consequentially minimum charges.

Reasons for choosing ShipMonk

On the paper it looked good and when we started it was okay, but in the last 18-24 months quality of service has gone in the rubbish... and their support reps are terrible.

Response from ShipMonk

Dear Roberto, We are sorry you have had difficulty with your 3PL experience. Your feedback has been brought to our attention and one of our Client Success team representatives will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your account and try to resolve any issues. Thank you for your patience.

Replied December 2022

Nicole

Industry: Cosmetics

Horrible experience as a small cosmetics business

It took a month for our account to be closed. Overall, we're really not happy and they misled us. They said there were no hidden fees, sending in products would be easy, and their rates are competitive. Those three things are not true. I would never recommend a small business to work with Shipmonk. Maybe a mid-sized business whose products are larger and more expensive. But for us it was an incredible waste of time and money. Major issues with the warehouse. For example, we were told a product weighed 4oz. There were dozens of the exact same product with a different print, weighing 0.4oz. I mentioned the discrepancy multiple times. I was given a photo of the product on the scale which clearly said 0.04oz. They still said that the weight of 4oz was correct. I had to respond in ALL CAPS for them to get the point that there was a decimal. This is a logistics company, how can they make that kind of error? 3.8oz difference is almost another tier when shipping First Class.

Pros

What worked well was photos are taken of each product when they are first entered into the system. Orders from the same person are able to be merged. We can select the shipping service we want to use per order if it needs to be overriden. Shipping rates are ok.

Cons

Bugs in the software delayed shipments for days with no notice. Little/not helpful support. To set up the Etsy integration, they asked us for our username and password in a plain text form (insecure). They do not let you know if there are problems or extra fees associated with an order. They do not let you know how much storage any given SKU takes up. There are an unnecessary amount of fees. Little communication about any specific orders or problems that arise. I was told we would be allowed to send our products in polybags as opposed to boxes, as our products are very small and lightweight. When our products arrived, they charged us extra fees for new boxes $$ and a special projects fee $$. Instead of letting us know this was an issue, we had to find the surprise in our bill and repeatedly ask why the charges were there. We were told that's just the way it is. We would not have signed up with Shipmonk had we known boxes were a requirement (incredibly inefficient for us). Even though we are local to the warehouse, there wasn't really a clear way to be able to drop off ($) or pick up our stuff. When we tried to close our account and have our items discarded: we were charged box fees (supposed to be included) + pick and pack fees $78 + a label fee $5 + a special projects fee + god knows what else other fees they invented. We're talking about someone taking items off the shelf and throwing them away. How that warrants the cost, I don't know.

Reasons for switching to ShipMonk

We moved to a different 3PL which has been a godsend. We get better pick and pack fees, better shipping rates and easy access to communicate with the warehouse.

Response from ShipMonk

Hi Nicole, We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we aim to give all of our valued merchants, like yourself, world-class service. We would love to speak more regarding your issues. You review has been passed along to our Customer Experience team. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being a valued merchant.

Katya

July 2022

Snow Teeth Whitening

Shipmonk has been a great tool to have, especially when looking at inventory levels.

Pros

We get great use out of the "stock out days" metric, it allows us to plan for future inventory shipments to that warehouse.

Cons

The template for the ASN label is awesome because it allows for the warehouse receiving to know what is the quantities in the shipper box, however it would be nice if Shipmonk had a more efficient way of inputting that information instead of having team members hand write or edit an ASN slip per shipper box. Another thing is that one is not able to filter out the sales per SKU and inventory value per warehouse.

Very good platform and reliable service

Shipmonk really has helped relieve some important pains for our startup. They took over fulfillment seamlessly which allowed us to focus on other aspects of the business. The special projects team even helped us with the final portion of our assembly at a reasonable rate.

Pros

I like how you can create manual orders within the system. Also like how you can track the remaining inventory quantities of each SKU.

Cons

It would be nice if you had a mobile app because the browser site on mobile is difficult to navigate.

Jeremy

Industry: Consumer Electronics

You get what you pay for, a low-price for a low-quality.

Poor quality of service with perpetually apologizing and excuses coming from a nice and responsive customer service team. Low-cost so it's easy to start up, but you pay over time with their nickel and dime pricing model. I suggest you find a different provider.

Pros

The price, there is no upfront cost--so if you are just starting up and need to be cost-effective this is a solution. (but not a great solution)

Cons

The opportunity cost of working with a more qualified operation makes it not worth the savings... I have had countless problems, and they simply are not getting better. They simply are not equipped to handle all the business they have. I think the most obvious problem is that while you are not charged up front, you are nickle and dimed every step of the way, they charge way too much for boxes...it's literally 200% upcharged (and they almost force you to use them) and every pick (includign the same SKU from the same box) is just overcharged. They are making their money back over time, and while you don't pay up front you pay with every issue and delay. We are constantly falling behind in dates, it takes days to get even a single unit shipped...and even then it's too late to make changes. We had a wholesale order that required a master carton to be shipped exactly as is, and it took over a week to get their team to move that! So it's not three weeks late... I suggest if you have the ability to work with another operation do it.

Reasons for choosing ShipMonk

Shipbob would not let us ship the batteries in our units at volume... but we wanted to go with them.

Response from ShipMonk

Hi Jeremy, We're having difficulty locating your account with us in an effort to validate your review. Please reach out to our Customer Experience team at support@shipmonk.com to speak directly with one of our Happiness Engineers. Thank you for being a valued merchant. We hope to hear from you soon.

Bad support teams

We have been using Shipmonk for about 9 months, we originally had a lot of problems getting our online stores setup with their system, they don't have any open apis or any way to do stuff if you have your own manual store, but it ended up working well enough once we moved to shopify. Then this holiday season we ended up having a shipment come in late, we reached out to them to get them to schedule a pickup so that we could still get it delivered on time, we were told this would be fine and tried to schedule a delivery as soon as possible with them. It took them 2 weeks of us messaging them and 3 days of our shipment sitting at the port for them to tell us they couldn't. We could have scheduled another pickup but decided this would have been better. We ended up getting it shipped the next day and again told that they would ship them out that day, they had also sent out an email that as long as we had our product there on time they could ship it out by Saturday. It then got to Tuesday morning and a bunch of printers still were not correctly shipped out and they had not correctly scanned the products for Fedex delivery so we have no guarantee that they will be shipped on time. Over the entire course of this we talked to about 6 different customer support people and were constantly told different things. Their mixed messages cost us thousands of dollars and the best they said is they assign us to another customer support specialist.

Pros

It was very easy to connect with shopify to get basic things working.

Cons

The customer support teams constantly give us conflicting information and even their mass emails give completely wrong information. Also their interface is very hard to manage and can make it so you easily make some massive mistakes. There are some very basic things like changing choice on multiple orders at a time that are completely impossible so that we have to manually go in and fix it in each order

Response from ShipMonk

Hello, We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we aim to give all of our valued merchants, like yourself, world-class service. We would love to speak more regarding your issues. You review has been passed along to our Customer Experience team. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being a valued merchant.

Mike

Highly recommended for growing DTC brands.

We came to ShipMonk after pretty terrible experiences with other 3PLs and they were a very welcome relief. We came to them because of their pricing but stayed because of their great customer service (just renewed our contract!). Their back-end software is also very intuitive and easy to use. Since we started working with them we have grown more than 4x and they have been able to keep up with this growth seamlessly.

Pros

We came to them for their pricing and stayed because of their customer service.

Cons

They have a minimum pick fee that can be expensive.

Improved customer service.

Marek

Shipmonk is a great order fulfillment center for eCommerce

Pros

Shipmonk is a great order fulfillment center for eCommerce. Quick Customer service and great online application/platform. We have integrated ours with Shopify store. Two locations in CA and FL can help you optimize shipping costs. We can highly recommend it!

Cons

We have been with Shipmonk for 2+ years and we have really like everything so far.

Toulaish

I Love ShipMonk! Giving it a 5-Star!

Pros

I am giving ShipMonk a 5-Star review for various reasons! "SIMPLICITY" would be one word to describe the overall user experience and business experience with ShipMonk