All ShipMonk Reviews

1 employee

Reviewed March 2019

Very good platform and reliable service

Shipmonk really has helped relieve some important pains for our startup. They took over fulfillment seamlessly which allowed us to focus on other aspects of the business. The special projects team even helped us with the final portion of our assembly at a reasonable rate.

PROS

I like how you can create manual orders within the system. Also like how you can track the remaining inventory quantities of each SKU.

CONS

It would be nice if you had a mobile app because the browser site on mobile is difficult to navigate.

Mikel

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed January 2019

Affordable but high quality fulfillment service

All in all, very satisfied with their service and the timely delivery of the orders to my customers.

PROS

We've been using Shipmonk (and their associated Shopify app) for more than a year now. The onboarding process is fairly easy and they help you connect your store to their fulfillment center, and map the SKUs to their internal inventory codes. You can also do it yourself manually if you create product bundles, for instance, or they will do it for you if you have a lot of them, just by sending them a CSV. From that moment on, Shipmonk automatically captures the orders from Shopify, processes them, and then inserts the tracking number once the order has been fulfilled. So all in all, it is a very straightforward process and the only work you need to do is check their interface daily to verify no orders are "stuck" because the buyer entered an incorret address, or you have run out of stock of any item (which you shouldn't, as they provide a forecast on how many days of inventory you have left at the current sales rate.

CONS

Some occasional mistakes in the billing, especially at a time when a carrier reused tracking codes and we were charged for packages that were not ours, or in the beginning when they applied international shipping rates slighlty different to those agreed upon, but both were corrected quickly. Just be on top of the billing reports (that are fairly detailed, which honors them).

ludovic

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Stay away

PROS

Easy integration, but nothing else Good storage

CONS

Stay away, Shipmonk has been an headache for our business for the past year. We have been working with them for over 3 years. WE had to fulfilled some of our order after 3days SLA passed, they still charge for the minimum pick fee and never give you a credit for their mistake. They shipped wrong product to one of our distributors, with hand cream. it was so poor packed that everything was damaged and we were finned for wrong customs declarations. WE lost 10000 of dollars of products. second shipment destroyed by customs because of the first one.We have been waiting for a wholesale order, it has been over 11 days, we have some presentation samples orders and we have to wait.For the B2c Shipmonk has been taking over 3 days to fulfilled orders resulting in loss of customers and refunds. Yesterday one of my order was supposed to be fulfilled stil waiting......When you complain, some of them are nice some others hung up on you or make you feel uncomfortable or send you a passive agressive email.One thing they know it s to charge your credit card!

Dear Ludovic, We are sorry that you have experienced difficulty with some of your orders and that you don't feel those issues have been handled with the speed and attention they deserve. We definitely don't view feedback like this as complaining; our job is to make your life easier with quality fulfillment. Rest assured that your comments here have been passed on to the proper support team members and someone will reach out soon. Thank you for your patience and for being a ShipMonk client; we will do everything in our power to try and resolve any outstanding issues.

Replied December 2022

T.C

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Wouldn't Have Made over $3,000,000 Last Year Without Shipmonk!

Overall, this software is CRITICAL because it frees my time, gives me location independence to travel, and enjoy my family without worrying about packaging material, processing orders, or interacting with shipping companies. This software gives me the security and confidence knowing that I am building a sustainable business that can and does run without me needing to be present for every aspect.

PROS

This software has expedited the SALES GROWTH of my business by removing the headache of shipping, storing, and hiring staff to package and process orders. With this weight off of my shoulders, I can 100% focus on new product development and effective marketing to continue increasing my business' revenue.

CONS

That I didn't know it existed YEARS before! I have been using this software since the summer of 2018. Before that, I was STRUGGLING to keep up with packaging hundreds of monthly orders. Fast forwards years later, we now have THOUSANDS of orders each month. Image if I was still self-packaging my own orders with our current volume. This software is a MUST HAVE for serious business owners that want to build a business that can fully operate on its own.

Jessica

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Quality of shipments is not the best all of the time for our products

PROS

I like how quickly they ship out our orders and how much insight is in their platform.

CONS

I do not like the quality of some of the packages. We have received feedback from customer complaining about the packaging being damaged.

Hello Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback about your experience as a client with ShipMonk. We're privileged to have your business and look forward to assisting the continued growth of your brand. We will forward over your feedback to our support team to see where we might be able to improve on your concerns surrounding packaging and follow up soon. Thank you!

Replied November 2022

Brett

Reviewed November 2023

Avoid, I wouldn't even recommend them to my worst competitor

PROS

Decent dashboard and reporting, there is honestly little else to like with this company. I strongly recommend not doing business with them.

CONS

Horrendous price gouging, doesn't own their mistakes (and they make them as often as any other 3PL we've used, maybe even more so), predatory billing practices and compulsive overcharging.

Reason for choosing ShipMonk

Poor decision made by an outside consultant that caused all of us much regret.

Reasons for switching to ShipMonk

Shipfusion closed their US locations, otherwise we would have stayed with them. Had we known what Shipmonk was going to be like we'd have never moved our business over to them.

Suzan

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Do Not Recommend - Avoid

When it comes to sales, they are very attentive. But the past 6 months have been terrible. Mispicks that are leading to a 60% order accuracy. Issues with receiving in inventory correctly - combining skus that require the 'special projects' team to fix. Misplaced inventory. Delays in shipping large order - 14-21 days at times. The list goes on. To top it off, they're charging for their mistakes and for them to correct the mistake. They're such a headache and I cannot recommend them to anyone. They don't care about small businesses. There are a few good people on the team (happiness engineers), but they have to fight an uphill battle to fully take care of their customers. Do not go with them - they will negatively impact your bottom line. They have a lot of hidden fees and charge you for their mistakes.

PROS

They have an inventory system that allows you to see inventory in each warehouse.

CONS

It's basic functionality makes it hard to find meaningful insights related to inventory. This platform is good for only two things: fulfilling orders and storing inventory.

Reason for choosing ShipMonk

They promised they wouldn't use plastic in our shipments.....they now use plastic in our shipments and wanted to charge us to not use plastic (as filler). I had to speak with numerous people to not be charged. In the beginning, I liked their communication. But I learned that was their sales person.

Hi Suzan, We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we aim to give all of our valued merchants, like yourself, world-class service. We would love to speak more regarding your issues. You review has been passed along to our Customer Experience team. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being a valued merchant.

Lauren

The best DTC 3PL

We trust that our products and orders and being shipped out efficiently and correctly — we are able to set it and forget it and are grateful to have such a reliable extension of our business!

PROS

The dashboard is incredibly easy to follow and navigate through — extremely user friendly and doesn't require much training. You can easily access all product information, shipping cost, weight and tracking information in minutes. It's updated in real time and synced with our Shopify store as well.

CONS

Occasional glitches but customer service is quick to answer and help fix any errors.

Reasons for switching to ShipMonk

All in, Shipmonk is a better value for cost, customer service and flexibility to tailor our shipments. We started with Shipbob but quickly had many issues such as hidden shipping fees, lost products, and very difficult customer reps. At one point we had to physically go to the warehouse to find our products ourselves and have it removed. We sadly had a very negative experience in the end.

Brian

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Fantastic Onboarding Support

PROS

Just connected my online store and sent my first batch of inventory to Shipmonk. Everything was smooth and onboarding was a breeze. Will update later to reflect my complete order fulfillment experience with them. Interface is nice, alot cleaner than Amazon FBA but their instructional guides are less detailed. What really stood out to me though was the customer service component. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from the Onboarding team was the most helpful individual throughout my whole experience. It is refreshing to have a customer service member not only care about the issues you are facing, but take a step further to see to it that you and your businesses' needs are addressed. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] personally advocated on our behalf to Shipmonks Returns Team to fully integrate our custom returns process with their system. He also helped us out EVERY step of the way with onboarding, answering all of our questions and personally navigating us through the process and pain points we stumbled on. I can say the genuine care, personal level of detail, and friendly assistance he provided is one of the main reasons I would recommend Shipmonk to anyone. Just like the old adage; you cant buy trust. Trust is earned over time. And due to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and Shipmonk's stellar support, this is the main reason why I choose to trust them with my business. Thanks Shipmonk Team!

CONS

Getting setup, the self service training and modules were pretty standard- the main trainings are nice however some side articles and topics are outdated and havent been updated to reflect their current version. Some areas such as returns are completely left out entirely for you to navigate. As a fairly tech savvy individual I would score overall ease of use a 75-80% (out of 100).

Andrea

Reviewed June 2023

Our onboarding specialist

Switching from warehouse shipping to a 3PL, saving us valuable time as entreprenuers and ensuring our customers have a high quality experience.

PROS

Our onboarding rep, [sensitive content hidden], went above and beyond for us. During a chaotic time for our company - my first time using a 3PL and also our company getting ready to launch - [sensitive content hidden] made sure everything on the Shipmonk side of things was seamless...he actually made it fun! I was a bit daunted by the process, but having him walk me through it, at times, step-by-step, and at all hours of the day, made things incredibly manageable and made me confident in my ability to manage future inventory deliveries and confident in our companies ability to provide a swift delivery and excellent experience to our customers. I couldn't be happier with the onboarding experience at Shipmonk, and specifically, [sensitive content hidden]. If it's any indication of whats to come I know we are in excellent hands and made the right choice with this 3PL. I will definitely be recommending them to all of my friends and colleagues in need of one

CONS

There was nothing to not like! The process was so easy it was fun.

Yoshi

Reviewed January 2022

BEWARE: Thousands of dollars of lost or stolen Inventory

I was really excited to work with Shipmonk, their service seemed really great. However after over 1 year with them I'm canceling my contract because of the constant loss of inventory that has occurred.I would only recommend their service if you sell very low value items or sell wholesale in bulk.

PROS

Pros: Easy to use integrated software that syncs with Shopify and automatically downloads my Etsy orders. Inventory tracking feature that updated my Shopify stock. When everything went well, being a Shipmonk customer was great. Orders were automatically fulfilled and it saved hours of work.

CONS

They lost thousands of dollars of inventory over the course of a year, a fraction of which was reimbursed. When you sign up for their service the terms and conditions say that even though they might be at fault for lost inventory, they are not financially responsible. It was incredibly frustrating having to email their customer service every week to report an inventory discrepancy. I sell unique clothing designs that have a high production cost so I suspect staff members were stealing my products each time an order was fulfilled. Their Happiness Engineers were always very apologetic each time I reported a claim, but failed to solve the issue or explain why my inventory continually went missing. The rare times that Shipmonk did agree to reimburse me, they only gave me a $10 credit per unit which was a small percentage of the production cost. The lost inventory has negatively impacted my business' reputation. Multiple times I had to message customers to apologize that their order could no longer be fulfilled. Many of the missing products were irreplaceable. Their software syncing system would list products as in stock on my website, then suddenly change to an inventory level of 0 when the order was being fulfilled, changing the order status to backordered. Because of Shipmonk's negligence, I've lost thousands of dollars worth of sales plus thousands in lost inventory.

Hi Yoshi, We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we aim to give all of our valued merchants, like yourself, world-class service. We would love to speak more regarding your issues. You review has been passed along to our Customer Experience team. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being a valued merchant.

Jacob

Reviewed January 2023

Stay away from Shipmonk! The company is a FRAUD

Stay away from this company at all cost! They've lost sight of who they are. Over the holidays of this year, our company launched a brand new product. We put this product on pre-order for our customers to purchase and receive before Christmas. Shipmonk Received the product and shipped out 2 of the same items in the bundle on over 100 orders. This bundle is a $500 item. Once we realized what was happening, we immediately tried to get a hold of Shipmonk. It Took us over a week to get this issue into the hands of someone who can stop the shipments, until we figure out how to fix it. Stopping the mistake. We pay for the premium product with MonkProtect, which is Shipmonks version of shipping protection for their clients. This is a complete SCAM. This mistake happened to have cost us over $15,000, and shipmonk/Monkprotect refuses to pay on the claims that they made the mistake on(which they have admitted too). Leaving us high and dry. Seriously if your a small business owner. DO NOT USE SHIPMONK. There are many other 3pl's out there that appreciate the business and are true to their word.

PROS

Funny watching the fat Buddah dance around, while it takes 4 minutes for the order page to load. Similar to the fat greedy pigs running this company

CONS

Software was easy to use, but their slogan. Stress Less, Grow More is a slap in the face

Dear Jacob, We genuinely want to apologize for the stress you have experienced. This type of frustration is not up to par with the level of service we are committed to offering our clients at ShipMonk. Our Client Success team is working on all the above-mentioned issues you've dealt with and will be reaching out soon to do whatever we can to make things right. Thank you for your feedback and your patience.

Replied January 2023

Reviewed July 2018

Service is okay, customer care is the worst.

PROS

Integrating with my Amazon and Shopify account wasn't too difficult, but I have to manually push through all the orders by logging into the website, reconfirming what shipping option I want and submitting it.

CONS

The customer service is spotty at best. I have to keep following up or hunting down representatives, and what they say their policies are on the website and what it is with new centers are apparently 2 different things. I feel this company is one of those "bro" tech companies with little to no customer care initiatives in place

Thank you so much for your review. Feedback is so important to us, because it drives our product improvements. We¿re very sorry that you have found our customer support spotty. We truly attempt to adhere to a 24 hour SLA, and if we managed to miss the mark, that¿s entirely our fault. You mentioned that you have to manually push the orders through and reset the shipping options you want. This actually sounds like perhaps the mapping on your orders was never properly configured. Once you map shipping methods to the options available in your store, the system will apply the same logic for all future orders. It sounds like this may just be a simple misunderstanding on how to use the software, and that perhaps we should have done a better job of educating you. Please reach out to me directly and I¿d be delighted to guide you through the mapping process and address the specifics of your questions. You can reach me anytime at kevin@shipmonk.com

Replied August 2018

Alex

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

This is the worst provider we have ever dealt with

Slow - over and over again, it will take days sometime weeks to process an order; Inaccurate - they lost products multiple times and blame FedEx. We have products that was "lost" and magically reappeared; we have order lost and never found. We have more emails back and forth between our teams and their than ALL OF OUR OTHER VENDOR COMBINED. Overall - this company is terrible. The last time we complained, they offered to compensate our lost but we have to sign an agreement to never disclose how terrible their company really is.

PROS

Clean layout, looks good at the first glance.

CONS

Confusing when you start using the system.

Hi Alex, We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than perfect. Here at ShipMonk, we aim to give all of our valued merchants, like yourself, world-class service. We would love to speak more regarding your issues. You review has been passed along to our Customer Experience team. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for being a valued merchant.

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

They will leave you high and dry when you need them the most

At the critical time of year (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas), they will only focus on their biggest customers and they will leave you high and dry. We have hundreds of out of stock orders. The new stock was delivered on Wednesday at lunchtime. It's now 9.30pm on Friday and not only have they not dispatched the orders, but they also haven't even put the stock in the warehouse. I have called and messaged but have been constantly fobbed off and lied to with 'it's moving through the warehouse'. The truth is they are focusing on their bigger customers because they pay them more money. Nobody cares, nobody listens. So I have no option but to voice my concerns here instead. If you're looking for a service you can depend upon when your business needs it the most, Shipmonk, unfortunately, isn't the answer.

PROS

The software allows you to see an overview of your fulfillment

CONS

Returns labels can be buggy to generate

Kelsi

Reviewed June 2021

Customer Service out of this world!

Software is easy to understand and I am able to get to my desired result quickly. The customer service is what makes Shipmonk stand out though!

PROS

Very clear steps when you need to complete a task, easy to track packages and use that information to communicate with customer. Customer service is great!

CONS

Can sometimes be glitchy (like all softwares).

Rae