What are Shippo users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Shippo software through verified user reviews

• icon"I recommend Shippo because it is user-friendly, intuitive and has saved me tremendous amounts of time and money. I have had only the best customer service, and I truly feel like a valued customer."
  • icon"It is easy to use and the customer support is excellent. I would highly recommend them to any business."
  • icon"The software has been super easy to use. The rates are a little better than what we can get on other ecommerce sites that we sell on."
  • icon"The other problem I have had is that I have two stores with eBay and when I have to change a password on one I have to delete both and reinstall."
  • icon"Do not expect anyone to answer your emails even if an error occurs - they will not help. Very frustrating as a customer."
  • icon"The lack of mobile support. The dashboard is very hard to use on a phone."

Browse all Shippo Reviews

• Have you used Shippo and would like to share your experience with others?

Marci

Saved by Shippo!

Great Shipping Solution

Pros

I like that Shippo is easy to integrate with e-commerce sites like eBay and Etsy. I sell vinyl decals on both sites and it is very easy to sync unfulfilled orders. The software imports the customer's address perfectly and does an address verification before you purchase the shipping label. After the label is printed, the software automatically notifies the e-commerce site that the order has been shipped and posts the tracking number for the customer to view. This has been a huge time saver for me.

Cons

The software works very well for me and I have not found any cons to it.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

The monthly cost of Endicia was higher than what I wanted to pay. I don't have a high volume business and so I prefer the lower per item cost of Shippo.

Claude

Shippo is a 5 Star for me. Easy of use, Record keeping of previous orders and very inexpensive.

Its Friendly, Cheap, very easy to use and I think its the best for every business out there. Also All orders are in one spot. You can easily track, monitor or modify orders or tracking details

Pros

Easy to use. Anyone can basically key in customer info to creating a return label and even choosing the available shipping rates. What I also love is that, it is prepare service too. I am not too sure on this, but I get charges after my orders have been delivered to my customers

Cons

I haven't experienced any negatives with shippo as of now, since my 2 years of using their services.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

Shippo has many features which Pirate doesn't

Ann

March 2022

Feeling neutral

Shippo is good & would likely give me the same results overall that I'm getting with my current shipping software.

Pros

The rates for shipping are good - the same as what I've come to expect with the other software that I use.

Cons

I use an alternative shipping software & wanted to try Shippo to see if there was a reason to switch. I found the rates on both were equivalent, but I was used to using the other software. Shippo is a little less user-friendly, so I did not make the switch.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

In the end, I did not make the switch. But I was using Pirate Ship and thought that I would give Shippo a try.

Brittany

Customer Service Problems!

Customer service is not capable of handling basic problems. Shippo "accidentally" reused a USPS tracking number too soon. So old data was still present on the current label. It's been 4 days and they haven't been able to do anything at all. They haven't offered a refund, to assist with insurance. It's clear they don't know what to do. They actually said at one point, "we're not responsible" even though tracking was purchased and issued through them. My emails don't get a response, live chat just says "we've asked USPS" and nothing moves forward. Sometimes live chat is available. Sometimes it's not. It's not based on days of the week or times of day. It's just random. Also, yes they do have hidden surcharges with every carrier and no they won't help you dispute them. They just said "the dispute was sided with the carrier" but any other shipping software allows you to provide detailed information and with every other shipping software they side with the shipper.

Pros

Unfortunately I don't have anything positive to say about this software.

Cons

Customer service is difficult to reach and not knowledgeable.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

I actually use Pirateship the most. It's easy and their customer service is great. They only work with USPS - so there are no DHL/Fedex/UPS options - but they do have unique USPS features like Media Mail.

easier to use.

Latisha

Easy as Shipping!

Pros

I have my Godaddy account connected to my Shippo account, so that the process of shipping, labeling, and organizing are all made easy. It is very easy to use, and understand, and the options of what you can use shippo for are limitless! My business is starting to grow more, so my needs are changing, and that is how I discovered that Shippo offers more, such as branding your logo onto the shipping label! Oh Boy!!!!!!!

Cons

I really enjoy using Shippo, it eliminating problems I previously had to solve on my own! Due to that, I do not have any issues with this software, thus far!

Patrick

I heart Shippo

Pros

Shippo was recommended to me by a trusted friend and business associate, and it did not disappoint. It simply does everything I need, efficiently and easily. The ability to save frequently-used package sizes/weights is such a big time-saver. I've recommended Shippo to many people since I started using it.

Cons

Every once in a while I have difficulty entering weight and/or dimensions for a custom-size package, but really this could easily be user error rather than a fault in the software.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I briefly tried stamps.com and it was a major disappointment in so many ways. For one thing, the free scale they sent me was junk and never worked properly. The interface was unsatisfactory and the pricing seemed high to me.

Tracey

GoShippo for Home Based Business

I can schedule a pickup from my front door!! Since the pandemic broke out, it has saved lots of time and headaches!! It is straight forward easy to maneuver and saves so much time and money from having to stand in line at the post office.

Pros

GoShippo is a must have for a Home Based Business.

Cons

I would like to see integration with Square

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I was getting charged extra on my packages once they arrived at the post office.

Christina

Love this platform!

I’ve been using shippo for years and it’s saved my small business so much money!

Pros

Shippo makes finding the lowest and most efficient shipping a breeze!

Cons

No complaints! Love everything about it

Reasons for choosing Shippo

I had a great customer service experience when setting it up

Seth

April 2022

Saving tons of money shipping items

Pros

Saves me a ton of money on USPS and UPS shipments. The interface is also very easy to use.

Cons

Does not include Global Post as a carrier option.

Tina

April 2022

Pros

This is very easy to use for printing shipping labels. It makes working from home much easier, not having to go to the post office!

Cons

I haven't found anything bad about this software yet!

Devlyn

Integration can be tricky, but well worth the effort

I've not had any issues with Shippo at all. I only use USPS for shipping so I can only comment on that and it's certainly sped up the process as well as eliminated a lot of the frustration. I love that I can set up pre-sets (package type/weight) to make the process even easier. A huge benefit is that it's helped me SAVE money. Because I'm able to ship small packages first class, very small orders have become cheaper to ship which has benefitted my clients and my business.

Pros

I found Shippo during the early days of the pandemic when I was making and shipping masks every day. I've made over 2000 masks and counting by myself and most orders were small, so the amount of packages went from a typical 2-3 packages per week to 20. I just didn't have time to type in each order on the USPS website and Shippo was a life saver. I was able to integrate/import my orders from various platforms including Etsy, Square Marketplace, and Airtable (using 3rd party automation at times) to make shipping a matter of a few clicks. Now my biggest shipping concern is whether or not my printer is going to cooperate each day.

Cons

It would be great if there were easier integration setups with more platforms, but really once it's set up, it takes almost no effort. This can be a bit tricky for folks who aren't tech savvy. I'm a one person operation, so whether I'm good at doing things or not doesn't really matter since I'll be the one doing them regardless. I was able to fumble my way through it and the ease of that really depended on which third party app I was using. If you're good with API or very familiar with setting up automation through Zapier, Integromat, Automate.io, etc then you will likely not struggle much.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Shippo was recommended to me by a friend and I reached out and grabbed it like the lifeline I needed. If you feel like you're drowning under your shipping process, give Shippo a try.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

As I said before, I really had no choice. Entering each order by hand was too time consuming and I was working 16 hour days already just trying to keep up with orders. I needed something to streamline the process.

Marc

The only "con" is NOT using Shippo

Imagine for a moment you are at a 6-star beach resort on a gorgeous archipelago somewhere. You arrived on a private jet and have been picked up in a limo of your choosing. You are now walking along the beach with sandals in one hand an oversized umbrella and a fruit-laden cocktail in the other. Dolphins are leaping out of the water a few feet (meters) from shore. The sun is reflecting off the crystal blue water. The blood orange and yellow shimmer dances gayly on top of the waves...u get it I think!!!

Pros

Super easy to use and set up and link your various shipping accounts. They make it almost whimsically easy to "test" the product with a forever free account. Savings for free and paid accounts are the same. Today (May 20, 2021) I saved 32% on USPS and a whopping 62% on UPS!! I have been typically just printing labels from the namesake sites and thought the claims of savings were "up to" claims and the reality was going to be fairly negligible. Think eBay and then they turn around a charge you for buying shipping through them completely negating or making it more expensive to ship through eBay. NOT Shippo! Not only is it free and commission-free but they REALLY do have great rates and the savings are LEGIT not "UP TO" BS but real money! Heck if you are an eBay seller you would be foolish if you didn't give Shippo a whirl! So, in short, I love the money I save, the ease of set-up and use and the customer support is fast and furious. I HATE bot customer support in general but Shippo is pretty, pretty, pretty good too!

Cons

Overall with the free account that I have, I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it. If I wanted to channel my inner "Karen" I could groan loudly in my best Jewish whine, I want to integrate more shipping channels without paying to upgrade, but free UPS and USPS are good enough for my needs!

Reasons for choosing Shippo

ShipHero struck me as more commercially. Not sure. Just didn't feel like it was quite the right fit and I wasn't much for them as my needs are onesie twosies vs. lots of packages every day out the door. Stamps.com - expensive and their integrations kinda sucked or were a pain in the petunias to set-up. (Mind you, my patience is ZERO when stuff doesn't go smoothly) so no offense to stamps.com or the users that love them.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

The redonkulous cost savings vs. buying direct with the above carriers.

Linda

Perfect solution for a small business owner

I love the ability to see all the shipping options available to me so that I can easily pick the right product. This is particularly helpful when considering the different ways to use USPS Priority Mail. I am confident that I always am able to easily select the most cost effective shipping option for my product and destination. Shippo's customer service is also outstanding. Because of a training issue at our local post office, my company was assessed a number of label surcharges by the USPS due to a USPS postal clerk putting multiple items on the scale at one time. Shippo handled the situation by filing disputes on my behalf saving me a lot of time.

Pros

I love that both my website sales and my Etsy shop sales can flow into Shippo so that order management and shipping label purchases can be done from one platform.

Cons

I love it! It just is so much easier than other platforms I've used. There isn't anything I'd change.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Shippo seemed to be easier to use. I'm a small business owner and together with my husband, we own and operate several small businesses. I don't have time to waste, so I needed something economical and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I didn't like the fact that Etsy was using a 3rd party vendor for my International orders. This practice was causing my International orders to sit in the US awaiting a bulk shipment to the destination country and the time the orders sat was sometimes upwards of 4 weeks. I wanted the ability to manage my own shipping without Etsy controlling when it would actually leave the country.

Shippo is my chosen program

All in all, excellent except as noted above

Pros

I like the fact that it was not complicated to learn. It was very easy and logical. I get great value on my printed labels and The Shippo Insurance appears to be a great value too! I like the fact that I can choose between multiple shipping methods even though USPS in by far my chosen method. Record keeping is a snap with the ability to download orders or shipments and I also receive emails from Shippo every time I buy 1 label or multiple at a time. I like the fact that I get a copy of the label (great for reprints and records and invoices too)! I have multiple online stores and my order are imported in and in many cases I automatically designate box size and weight.

Cons

I do not like the fact that I can not import and combine orders going to the same buyer. (it saves me shipping and insurance cost)! This needs to be changed. I have twice asked support for this and have not gotten a reasonable answer. The other problem I have had is that I have two stores with eBay and when I have to change a password on one I have to delete both and reinstall. Treating each store as independent of the other would allow me to delete one and not have to reinstall both!

Reasons for choosing Shippo

After my bad experience with Stamps they offered me a stronger deal. Too Late. After looking at ShipStation, ShippingEasy, and ShipWorks I discovered they were owned or controlled by stamps.com. I gave up an eight year relation with Stamps.com and did not want to fall back in their trap. I chose Shippo because they were independent and had top-notch reviews. It was a great choice!

Reasons for switching to Shippo

Last year Stamps.com had poor customer service, and they had severe software problems which imported some of my stores but not my eBay stores after they updated software. Contacting technical support took hours only to be given a quick fix that only worked once. Then I had to call again and this went on daily for two weeks. I was always promise but never called back. They still owe me $6 and will not refund unless I sign back up and use it to print a label. Shippo is a better platform by far.

Alex

Very happy customer

Overall my experience has been a 10/10. In about 90% of shipments the rates on shippo are the best and the process is the quickest I’ve used.

Pros

The setup was a breeze and the rates are extremely competitive. One of my favorite features is the auto fill function with addresses. Payment is very straightforward and I enjoy reviewing the monthly reports on all my shipments.

Cons

The only negative I can say is that occasionally the auto fill on the address will pull something that is incorrect. I’ve had one package be shipped to the wrong address because of this. Luckily the address didn’t exist so the package was returned, but it took a full week to get it back and we had to reimburse the customer for the delay. I would suggest creating a review/confirm field after you click buy that allows you to review the final label for accuracy prior to it being purchased. I would have caught the error that way.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Stamps had a monthly account cost. It was far too expensive to justify the cost over shippo.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I switched because there was no monthly retainer charge as the number of shipments I send can vary drastically each month. So I wanted something that charged per shipment and not a minimum cost just to have an account. I also moved away from usps directly because their prices are just too high and their website is not good for anything other than priority mail.

Phil

Industry: Music

Recommended Ease

I use it for multiple businesses and have recommended it over rivals for ease of use and a simplistic layout. I am learning more each year. I run two different e-commerce platforms and I have the ability to choose which I want to ship from. I mostly use shippo if the volume is over 3-4 packages to ease the burden at the local post office. To my delight, shippo has never seemed to go offline at least while i'm using it

Pros

Integrations with 3rd party e-commerce platform to sync labels Commercial Rates for USPS The ability to print multi shipment manifests Label purchases are billed once a week Ease with reprinting a label that did not print correctly or creating another label going to the same place 5c plus per label charge on top of the commercial rate

Cons

No real cons, sometimes you are paying a few cents more than another commercial carrier for USPS but I cannot seem to figure out how its calculated. I wish it there was a mobile app just for tracking shipments outgoing. I have had a few issues with international addresses not being recognized but a quick google search resolves the isue.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Pricing, I may pay more in the long run as shipment volume increase but in the early years, no monthly charge to send 5 packages a month was better. Now I send about 50.

Britt

eCommerce is a fun now

I appreciate all that they are doing to bring eCommerce to food and beverages in a meaningful way. It's nice to know everything I need will be in one place and I can search for problems before I reach out to their team for more information. It's rare that my problem and troubleshooting aren't available in their help system.

Pros

I love the adaptability and software applications that I can use. I have discovered several spaces where I needed to streamline or needed an application function(s) that were already synced and functional with Shippo. Their customer service is OTC- Off The Charts- responsive and very empathetic to a sometimes overwhelmed solopreneur.

Cons

I would like to be able to update the look of the dashboard with weekly stats/updates available to show how much Shippo saves me time and energy.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

The mascot, copywriting/language use, customer service interface, and overall layout of the product were my deciding factors. I also liked there was not an ounce of pressure to do the paid tiers if I didn't need that level of bells/whistles for my business.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I didn't like the "bank" and minimum balance requirements for printing the labels. I also struggled with implementing ShipStations services into my website update. It was hard to tell when/how they planned to innovate.

Vincent

Rate-Shopping Is The Killer Feature

Very good, and I've saved a lot of money OR I've found ways to improve my shipping speed to my customers for the same money.

Pros

The fact that I can make a shipment and see rates for all the major carriers is the killer feature that changed everything for me. Often I would ship something USPS Priority thinking it was the cheapest option, but with Shippo's bulk UPS rate it usually comes in either cheaper or close enough where it pays to go UPS. It's easy to use, makes sense, and doesn't seem to have any major omissions or hiccups.

Cons

I wish it had an address parser; something I could just paste a 1 line address into and it would parse out the full address. Other apps I've used have it and it's great. It's a major time saver.

More bang for the buck!

Reasons for switching to Shippo

UPS and Fedex integration.

Amber

Perfect at home shipping tool

Shippo has helped my business financially. I ship USPS packages frequently and using this software has saved me a bunch of money.

Pros

Shippo is very easy to use and does not require a monthly fee and you still receive a discounted rate on your shipping purchases.

Cons

The software is always refreshing so it does take some patience to use it. After entering package details, it refreshes; after entering weight, it refreshes, etc. Would like to be able to tab quickly through in entering details.

No monthly fee.

No monthly fee to use.

Ryan

Industry: Publishing

Easy, inexpensive shipping solution.

Shippo continues to impress us as the best, most cost-saving and time-saving shipping solution four our small business. The seamless integrations with our various marketplaces, easy to learn user interface, and responsive customer service make Shippo the small business solution we recommend most when speaking with colleagues and new friends at industry conferences.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to integrate with multiple marketplaces where our products are sold. This creates a "one stop shop" where we can manage, track, and ship orders that have come in from several sources. The integration is a two-way connection, so that once an order is shipped, it shows as shipped with tracking information in our various marketplace apps and websites. This saves an incredible amount of time so that we can focus our attention on creating great products.

Cons

There have been a couple of days when the site was down or experiencing issues when we came to our scheduled time for packing and shipping. Obviously, this throws a minor wrench in our daily schedule, but we understand that these things happen. The responsiveness of the Shippo team is excellent. I all of these cases, once the problem was identified, we received notification that work was in progress and that we would be told when the site was ready to process orders. The subsequent notification that the site was ready to go saved us from having to go back periodically and check. This valuable customer service saves us time and is greatly appreciated.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Initially, Shippo was the least expensive solution. That is the sole reason we signed up. We were gratified to learn later that Shippo is also the best solution on multiple fronts.

Joanna

Great option for any business

Pros

We couldn't get through the day without Shippo. We are constantly shipping products everyday and without an easy streamlined system like Shippo we would not be able to function as a business. it's quick and simple. I like that it helps with the addresses, if you put it part of the address it will automatically put in the rest of it. If you have a business that requires you to ship then you need to have Shippo!

Cons

I don't like the recent change with having the green box at the bottom right hand corner rather than where it used to be in the upper left hand corner.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

It was an option on my website so I thought I would give it a try since I didn't like the other one I used.

Joaquin

Best tool for shipping

Best discovery I''ve done since using STAMPS

Pros

Easy to use, easy to install, easy to print

Cons

I did not find any reason not to use this product

Best overall

App defects, very expensive

Tim

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great Shipping Software Highly Recommended

Since all labels render as a PDF file, I can reprint mis-printed labels as many times as needed...gone are the days of having to reload funds to purchase new labels due to printer malfunction. I also enjoy the discounted pricing on USPS labels. Haven't tried other carriers but I like the option of having UPS and DHL as well, maybe I will try them one day.

Pros

Amazing shipping software, can't be any happier since switching from stamps.com. Easy to easy, convenient and integrates well with eBay.

Cons

Doesn't seem to integrate well with Square/Weebly online store, I noticed that the package tracking number was not carrying over to the Square order, it will just mark it as shipped with a blank tracking info

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Reviews and going through a successful trial period where it met my requirement.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I got tired of having to tie up my money and having to purchase new labels when my printer jammed. Plus I had acquired a new thermal printer and Stamps.com did not support it, while Shippo did.

Brittany

Switched to Shippo, Never leaving

Pros

I really love the fact that I am able to purchase shipping labels at a cheaper cost then everywhere else I have looked. With the amount of packages my business sends, this has been a life saver. I also love the ease of use with setting up the package weight and dimensions.

Cons

When selecting the shipping service, I wish there were better dividers between types of services AND conpanies. I've accidentally clicked "Parcel Select" for USPS a couple of times which takes triple the time to arrive to the customer. When I'm moving quickly, it slips past me sometimes.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Better price, Ease of Use, everything is right in front of you- you don't have to go digging for setting up labels.

Shippo