ShipRush Software Reviews

ShipRush Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"I process about 50-100 orders a day and ship rush has really expedited my work day. So happy to finally have something like this."
  • icon"Easy to learn, easy to maintain, good customer service."
  • icon"When it’s working properly it’s a great package. You can find which carrier has the best prices, easy to upload spreadsheets with data and most of the time support is helpful."
  • icon"Cannot think of anything other than when they switch carrier programs around internally, sometimes I wind up getting double charged."
  • icon"Only a few problems have come up while using this software."
  • icon"When working, works well. We have a lot of problems with their “cloud” and printing and when it detached itself from your network it creates a lot of havoc."

Browse all ShipRush Reviews

• Have you used ShipRush and would like to share your experience with others?

Best way to ship

Pros

This web based software is perfect for us. It allows us to have one central tracking system because all the tracking numbers pull up in one location. It is super easy to use. And you can even copy paste multi-line shipping info right into the shipping fields. I love that I can send a label to the printer from anywhere on the globe too.

Cons

The address book isn't really useful. It would be nice if it auto saved addresses and had a better way to search for them.

Response from Descartes Systems Group

Thank you! We're adding even more integrations as well.

Replied December 2018

Steven

Great Web Software for Company's using multiple shipping methods

Pros

I love that ShipRush integrates all my UPS FedEX and USPS packages and tracking info into one single portal. I can easily search out tracking numbers using words like company name or reference numbers instead of having to sift through documents and emails. It makes tracking orders while customers are on the phone so fast and simple.

Jeff

Completely changed our small business

Amazing. Integration with our QBO software was simple. Order errors were gone. Tracking backfill information to QBO is done automatically. Shiprush is like having a shipping manager on staff.

Pros

Too many to list really. Integration, support, web-based platform. If you use Quickbooks Online and need fulfillment this is the best software we have ever found. This completely changed our business. Access to the UPS DAP program has increased our bottom line profit and top line revenue. We left FedEx for this reason. From a management perspective, Shiprush improved employee efficiency and work environment. Shipping became an easy task for anyone our facility. No longer was there a training curve or employee who could not ship. Can not say enough about Shiprush.

Cons

None that I have found yet. When ever their is a tech issue, the support chat team is always there with help and solutions.

Reasons for choosing ShipRush

Easy of use and integration with current systems compared to ShipStation. FedEx ship manager is not user friendly and customer support is terrible. Also, Shiprush never advertises which lead me to believe their revenue is invested elsewhere. For example, support and software maintenance. They have proven this to us, as these areas are top tier in our opinion.

Response from Descartes Systems Group

Hi Jeff, Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us! We are so glad to help small businesses like you every day with ShipRush.

Kelly

Industry: Sporting Goods

October 2022

Descartes has just destroyed Shiprush.

We have used this software for many years for our postage but some brainiac at Descartes decided to be greedy and add a .20c fee for First Class Package labels. I'm pretty sure they're going to start hemorrhaging customers left and right, or at least customers who ship a lot of items like ourselves.It's unfortunate because they added the fee out of nowhere right in our busiest time of year costing us thousands in extra cost. We've moved on to other shipping software who aren't going to rip us off.

Pros

The software overall is probably the easiest to use of all the ecommerce shipping platforms. The automation of shipments allows for quick shipping of orders. There have been problems along the way with freezing, lagging, outages, and messed up print batches over the years but for the most part it's good.

Cons

Descartes just implemented a .20c label charge for all USPS First Class shipments. So, if you ship 100 orders per day, it's now costing you an additional $20 per day or $600 per month!! on top of the $29.99 or subscription fee. That's a massive increase in cost for companies shipping hundreds of orders per day.

Reasons for choosing ShipRush

We didn't, we left Shiprush because it's no longer competitively priced.

Christian

Industry: Computer Hardware

We love shiprush!

We love the ability to quickly filter out our daily shipments and have our shipping team rate shop the best possible rates.

Pros

We love the ease of rate shopping for this software.

Cons

Sometimes the software is down but usually not for long.

Reasons for choosing ShipRush

We love the setup and integration. The support team is phenomenal to handle things. We love using this software and will continue to do so.

Response from Descartes Systems Group

Hi Christian, thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us! We're so glad you are appreciating our rate shopping & integrations, and we're always here to help if the software isn't as smooth or you have any further issues or questions.

Scott

Ship Rush

Excellent, replaced Endicia with Ship Rush and we are happy!

Pros

Ease of use, Reliability, webstore connectivity.

Cons

Shipping history lookup is a little slow.

Reasons for switching to ShipRush

It stopped working with our web stores and they kept promising updates and they never delivered.

Response from Descartes Systems Group

Hi Scott, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! Have a fantastic day.

Justin

Solid for Small E-Commerce

Pros

ShipRush has all the standard features you expect from E-Commerce shipping software. The integration is very simple and painless. It is much cheaper than the competition as well.

Cons

Only a few problems have come up while using this software. The account balance available for shipping tends to not update which can be troublesome. It also takes a considerable amount of time for new orders to show up.

Industry: Food Production

Very helpful, mainly stable, very expandable for any needs

ShipRush has been very useful. The support team has been friendly and not condescending. The software (web interface) seems very stable and has been very useful. In fact our shipping department revolves around ShipRush now. One ring to rule them all.

Pros

Our decision to use ShipRush was based on the fact that it allowed the easiest use when not tied to a web store or other database and because it allowed, with our representative's approval, UPS negotiated pricing to be shown. We needed a software that would handle shipper pricing amalgamation and would allow us to just put in an address and print a label. It has lots of other features, but did not penalize people for just needing the basics. We sometimes use the fancier features, but ShipRush helped make our daily grind much easier. If we end up needing to integrate into a web store database, we know we can always grow.

Cons

Most of the features are very nice although the label printing has a tendency to break. It uses a web print interface which resides in the tray on Windows and somehow pulls labels from the web and sends them to our local printer instead of simply printing to our locally attached printer. This gives the option to print to any printer within your organization but it is not always stable. It would be nice if the software had the choice to connect to the local printer OR use the web print option. The only feature we have really fretted over is the print module, the other issues have mainly been connectivity during the holiday season - and at least half of that is not ShipRush but the shippers themselves having overloaded servers.

Reasons for choosing ShipRush

The ability to easily enter an address and print a label without any web store or web interface integration.

Reasons for switching to ShipRush

Software support was ending and UPS was screwing us on pricing.

Nikola

Great for small to mid sized business

Automation was a big improvement for us, speed is great and customer support has been perfect so far.

Pros

Integration was very easy and after spending some time and getting to know the capabilities, we've created a multitude of rules that automate our shipping and remove 99% of the human input for certain tasks (box selection, address check, service selection etc).

Cons

I would like to see UX changes, for example "ship" button on the order should be much bigger, ability to rearrange options on the right hand side, overall look can be a tad more user friendly for basic users

Automation

Dean

Industry: Computer Hardware

The way to Shiprush

My shipments are fully integrated with my webstore!

Pros

Eas of use, easy to print labels and keep my shipments and orders organized

Cons

I have to drill down in to the side menu to add postage funds. This should be a top line function and doesn’t need all the different screens when adding postage

Reasons for switching to ShipRush

Not all Usps options and rates are supported

Response from Descartes Systems Group

Hi Dean, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on ShipRush with us! New functionalities are continually being added to support users like you, largely through our public ideas portal, so check that out for updates about your suggestion. Have a great rest of your day!

Amie

Shiprush...and they mean it

Pros

We have been using Shiprush for the last two years, and it has truly made my daily shipping so much more organized and convenient. It shows all the orders for shipping, lets me chose how I want to ship, notifies the customer of the tracking information, and allows me to track their order with ease. Voiding an order is simple...everything is simple with this software. If I have any questions, all I have to do is contact them and within minutes I have the answers and I'm right back to work without skipping a beat.

Cons

Their are times when I print out labels at 5:00pm that will be shipping out the next day, and they won't appear on a USPS scan sheet or my Shiprush report for the next day. I'm sure there is an easy fix for this but I just haven't figured it out yet : )

Reasons for switching to ShipRush

Shiprush offered a free trial, and we thought the whole idea of what they were offering sounded a lot better than what we were using

Response from Descartes Systems Group

Hi Amie, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us in such great detail. We would love to hear more about it, as well as support your printing issue, so please do reach out to us directly! Have a wonderful weekend.

Tamara

ShipRush Review

Shiprush has simplified our shipping. Quick and easy to use.

Pros

Shiprush was easy to integrate with our Quickbooks and Xcart software. Just a quick copy of the address and the shiprush software opens for quick shipping.

Cons

I have had no issues with shiprush and have used it for many years.

Response from Descartes Systems Group

Hi Tamara, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that it has been easy to integrate with your software. Have a great week!

Joel

ShipRush does it all in one place

Pros

ShipRush offers me multiple carriers (I use it for USPS, UPS and FedEx) and it migrates all my eCommerce sites into one.

Cons

I don't like the $29.99 monthly fee, but it pays for itself.

eBay recommended ShipRush

Response from Descartes Systems Group

Hi Joel, Thank you for the kind review! We're glad you enjoy the integrations available on ShipRush.

William

Industry: Import and Export

Great software for a simple one man power user

Great helped me speed up my shipping a lot

Pros

I process about 50-100 orders a day and ship rush has really expedited my work day! So happy to finally have something like this.

Cons

Color coding orders based on tags from Shopify or other selling platforms maybe.

Response from Descartes Systems Group

Hi William, Thank you for your great feedback on ShipRush. New updates are continually being added to support users like you, particularly from our public ideas portal, so check that out for potential color coding in the future!

Derek

Great to use with HikaShop!

Pros

I was a bit worried about implementing this with HikaShop, but when I ran into issues, the Support team resolved them quickly, and I was easily creating shipping labels which automatically updated the status of my orders to shipped!

Cons

Having to sign in over and over. When I first started using it, it would leave me logged in, but I do understand this is a safety feature now. I just wish it wouldn't sign me out after a short period of time. For instance, just let me stay signed in for 3-4 hours.

Features for the money

Response from Descartes Systems Group

Hi Derek, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're so glad the Support team has been able to help with your HikaShop implementation. We apologize for the inconvenience of the security sign-in. However, we are continually trying to update our functionalities to better suit our customer needs, so check our public ideas portal to see what is in the works!

Replied August 2021

ShipRush allows anyone, even without prior experience to ship an item the smartest way possible.

I have taken employees with NO shipping experience, and they can choose the right option every time. It allows our shipping accounts to stay on the rails in terms of spending.

Pros

Using ShipRush, we've almost completely removed the issues of Human Error when it comes to shipping to an address. It works hand in hand with many interfaces, as well as using "copy-paste" feature to eliminate wrong addresses. If a customer gives you "123 main street" you will ship to "123 main street". You literally don't need to type anything, so the address is correct every time to match what the customer enters!

Cons

Once in a blue moon the USPS feature tends to go offline, and there is nothing you can do about it other then ship UPS or FEDEX just to get your items out.

Suzie