All Stamps.com Reviews

Bob

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Stop Standing In Line at the Post Office

Very easy to use. Very cost effective if you have the postage need. It took us several months to begin to recover the costs associated with starting - but we realized our needs would grow and it was better to learn the system while still small than jump into something untested and putting our reputation on the line...

PROS

Ease of use... Online capability... Free Digital Scale (to weigh your packages and pay accurate postage)... Print your stamps directly from your desktop computer... Schedule a pick up or just "drop off" at the post office...

CONS

Make sure your cost basis for using this system includes the monthly fees. When we started, we were actually losing money each month (until our postage expenses rose to meet this need). Be sure to order your replacement stamp sheets well in advance. There is nothing like running out of stamps to print and having to to the post office, only to come back and find your replacement stamps delivered later that day...

Lena

Veterinary, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Stamps.com is good for small businesses

Stamps.com is a good starter software for small businesses. It works well if you are only selling on a few platforms and shipping small amounts of orders at a time. For multiple platforms and many orders, it becomes difficult to use. I find myself having to do a lot of things manually, like adding tracking numbers back into the selling platform to update the merchant and customer. I also hate having to purchase special labels and stickers through their shop as it gets expensive. They do offer great shipping costs though. I’m really neutral with this software. It works decently but there are better options out there.

PROS

I like that I get low shipping rates and the orders are easy to find and ship.

CONS

I don’t like that the labels and accessories must be bought through stamps.com as they are expensive.

Reason for choosing Stamps.com

I liked the price and shipping options offered.

Alexander

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Do not use Stamps.com for Express or any international shipping

I do not recommend using stamps.com for: USA domestic shipping, since USPS provides good enough online experience for that. International shipping, since stamps.com is 3-4x slower for delivering packages with higher prices.

PROS

It's quite convenient to manage shipping orders there, including customs declarations. Interface is intuitive enough to work through it.

CONS

First, it's SLOW in delivering packages. To compare stamps.com with using USPS directly, I had the following experiment. The same package by weight, size, origin and destination address I have shipped at the exact same date & time at USPS office, and I also dropped to the same USPS office the package with the label printed by stamps.com. I used the same 3-5 day Express USPS shipping option on both USPS office and stamps.com. Now the results. - I had to pay ~10$ more for stamps.com label. - it took the package with stamps.com label 10 calendar days to reach JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER before departing abroad. - it took 1 (one) day for the USPS -official package to get to JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER. Overall, the same EXPRESS package delivery info: - stamps.com: 13 days for $86 - official USPS: 4 days for $77 After that experiment I gave stamps.com a benefit of a doubt and repeated the exact same thing again. Shipped the same package again by both, but got the same results. stamps.com delivers packages 3-4x slower than official USPS, and prices are higher by ~12%, and stamps.com also has a service fee of ~$20/month. In my opinion it's an overkill. I care for my customers, and Stamps.com doesn't. I do not want to use their service again.

Rafael

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Poor Customer Service

I’ve been a customer for more than 10 years. I lost my password and haven’t been able to reach customer service to resolve the issue. Their system “sends” a temporary password that is never received and the toll free number is not reachable from Puerto Rico.

PROS

Their online platform is easy to use, as is the desktop app. Funding for postage is easy and fast.

CONS

The inability of a stamps.com customer living in a U.S. territory to reach customer service by phone is unconscionable. Their password recovery procedure doesn’t work.

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2021

Why Stamps.com?

See above. Don’t waste your money. You don’t get anything extra here that you can’t get from a free shipping software (in my experience).

PROS

Why indeed. My answer is there is no reason. I used Stamps.com for over a year and called it quits a few months back. Why you ask? Well, several reasons. 1) You have to pay whether you ship anything or not. Some months my sales are slower for than others and I cannot predict that in advance. 2) The site went down and I couldn’t ship for several days. I was forced to find a new shipping program. Customer service took 2 weeks to get back to me and guess what? I had to pay for those 2 weeks of wasted time. 3) As mentioned above. Bad customer service. Let’s be frank, you pay them $20 a month for no reason. Try a free shipping app. You’ll thank me later.

CONS

The price was definitely too much. The software was overly complicated and I had several errors and couldn’t even log in to my account.

Reason for choosing Stamps.com

I didn’t. I recommend goshippo.com or vipparcel.com.

Blake

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2021

Mediocre at best, but it saved my life during the worst months of the pandemic

Overall, they really came through for our organization during the pandemic. We ship out a decent amount of merch, so it was nice to avoid post office trips and potential Covid exposure.

PROS

It's nice to be able to do all the labeling work at home, without having to worry about being inside a dingy post office with no air circulation and grumpy employees. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty simple to use.

CONS

The Ux is very confusing, and the cost for labels is kind of outrageous. The fact that you have to pay a monthly fee is also not ideal.

Reason for choosing Stamps.com

Merely because of its third-party connection to the USPS.

Jan

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Great for our medium-sized office

Very good. (PLEASE only use: Jan D. if you post this review online. Thank you!)

PROS

Stamps.com makes it easy to send letters and packages. We are thankful for the program.

CONS

We have had some issues sending documents to Europe. And, the customs sheet for shipping to Canada and other countries is not real reliable; sometimes, I have to fill it out three times to get it to work. After that, we end up just taking the package to the post office. The past month, there have been some glitches that affected the program; thankfully, they were fixed.

Ahmad Farhad

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Ship your mails Quikly!

The product is amazing, we save much more time with this tool for mailing our letters to different designations. It's an affordable and convenient tool for our business. Thank you Stamps.com.

PROS

We use this product to send our letters to our clients, employees, and partners in the most convenient way easily to anywhere in the United States. The services are great, and the customer support is awesome. We save so much time with our shipping and mailing through this product.

CONS

We haven't noticed any issues with using of this product, we like it so far!

cristian

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

must have for small offices

PROS

everything in one place saves so much time over the way we used to do it

CONS

the website can be a little cluttered and slow to find what you need until you get used to it. after that is super easy

Nathalie

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

A Postage/Shipping Must-Have

My overall experience has been stellar and I have zero complaints. To anyone who handles postage and shipping on a regular basis- you need this, trust me.

PROS

I don't have to make trips to the post office anymore! I can do it all right from my desk.

CONS

I can think of anything that was a bother about using this website. It's super convenient.

Laura

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

Useful for Specific Businesses, Unnecessary for Most

At a time in my professional career I was mailing out 25+ packages a week and was spending an insane amount of time in the post office. My packages were marketing materials that were catered to specific individuals and therefore had different sizes and weights. My local postal workers must have absolutely hated seeing me walk in the door because I was always holding (or carting in) a ridiculous amount of packages that all needed postage. It caused me so much anxiety; it made me absolutely dread going to the post office and some of my packages would even go out late because I would postpone mailing them. Being able to calculate and print off postage on my own is such a relief. I usually take the packages to the post office myself and just drop them in the receptacle but sometimes, depending on how many boxes and/or envelopes I have, I will utilize the pick-up service that is offered.

PROS

The thing that I am most grateful for is the amount of time I have been able to save by not having to be in the post office for 45 minutes two (or more) times a week. The postage calculator is also a life saver, I got a scale to weigh my packages and would just put their weight into the program and it would calculate the amount of postage I needed. Having the ability to print off a bunch of stamps at once has been invaluable for me, as someone who mails out marketing materials regularly.

CONS

I have experienced glitches in the software more often than I should have, frankly. The software is nearly $20.00 a month and there have been several occasions where I had to re-print a stamp because it printed incorrectly, through no fault of my own. The re-prints are supposed to be without cost because they are used in a situation where the first stamp is unusable but I have been charged double. If you get the stamp sheets that they send and you only need 5-10 of the 25 available slots, running the sheet through your printer more than once makes the page get a weird grey tone and the stamps look dirty.

Maribeth

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Discount vs. Cost of Supplies is a Very Thin Margin

For all of our daily postage needs the software is helpful. While the discount is good, the supplies needed for special services (labels for Certified, Register, and Certified Return receipt are costly. Problems with printing those labels creates waste and if I don't save the data in PDF form, I am forced to requests refunds. I have had difficulty trying to get a support person to tell me why certain labels are not printing on the labels.

PROS

The discount on postage is a saving grace. It is convenient because we do not need to go to the USPS to send out extra service shipments.

CONS

I've had difficulty (still do) getting an answer about price increases and what affect they have on my already printed postage. I tried support and they said that was a question for the post office and the post office said they couldn't tell me - primarily because they aren't individually knowledgable about the software.

Laura

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great option for simple day to day business mailings.

This is a great software to use for day to day mailings in small businesses. We can print our own stamps at the office and no longer need to make trips to the post office for supplies.

PROS

They send you a free scale and automatically calculate the cost of stamps for you. They also have a store for purchasing supplies integrated into the system interface.

CONS

Can't think of anything really. This system is pretty simple and easy to use! I guess the only thing that would have been better was if the free scale could weigh heavier items.

Reasons for switching to Stamps.com

We switched to save money.

Lynn

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

You won't regret using Pirate Ship instead.

Between glitches, being unable to reach the support team, and being charged for using a free trial, I had no good experiences at all with Stamps.com, other than the customer service agent being polite. I don't like to leave one-star reviews, and I'm sure other people must have better experiences with Stamps.com, or they wouldn't be in business today. But I don't recommend them. Try Pirate Ship. Much cheaper and it has an intuitive user interface that takes no time, effort, or digging through help documentation in order to use.

PROS

I was not able to use the software at all, due to glitches in every area of use--opening my account, shipping, and even glitches when I tried to close the account. The website didn't even let me in to ship anything at all until after I had closed the account. So I have no idea whether there are any good aspects to the software. I will say that the customer service agent was polite and helpful after I was finally able to reach somebody.

CONS

It's expensive, considering that Pirate Ship charges only the cost you'd pay at a post office. But it simply didn't work. The account wouldn't let me in to ship anything, so I started using Pirate Ship instead and tried to close my Stamps.com account. Even though I closed the account before my four-week trial was up, I was charged for the "month" that I had used Stamps.com. After sending two emails to the support team and waiting on the phone for fifteen minutes for a representative, I was able to get them to promise a refund. I sure hope there are no more glitches between now and the money coming back.

Elizabeth

Information Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Not Worth the Money for Small Businesses, Serious Challenges with Mass Mailings

Overall, the issues experienced and the high price tag made stamps.com not worth it for our business. If they offered a less expensive plan that included the things we needed and fixed some of the issues listed above, we might give them another shot. As is though, we would never go back, even if our company were bigger.

PROS

We mainly used this to send certified mail, and it made the process less daunting. I liked having the ability to print postage at home and have all our tracking numbers in one spot.

CONS

There were a plethora of issues with stamps.com that we kept running into the longer we used them. The main issues are as follows... -addresses are automatically changed on you, making mass mailings difficult -if there are too many characters in the name line of an address, you are not told, it just prints without half of the name (another challenge with mass mailings) -the address book doesn't carry over to different computers despite logging into the same account, which means you should expect to retype addresses a lot -the data exports into an excel sheet, but it doesn't separate addresses in a way that you can create a decent looking document from it (such as a mail manifest) -billing receipts are not available automatically, you have to ask -there are no custom plans, so our small business had to pay a huge price tag for access to certified despite not needing the "extras" like multiple users -long customer service wait times -no way to easily view your supply order history

Reviewed April 2019

Fantastic. The Best I've Been Able to Find.

I've been using them for my eBay/Amazon stores for years now. I started with their free 5lb scale they offered to sign up, and have since progressed to my own larger scale and am still using Stamps.com daily for all of my shipments.

PROS

If you have an eBay or Amazon store, you will have access to better and cheaper shipping rates with this platform. The difference between retail rates and the commercial rates offered through this service is huge. Plus, it is very cross-compatible, so you can use Stamps.com in conjunction with another shipping platform to purchase shipping through Stamps.com and then print batches of labels through the other program.

CONS

I don't have much to say in the way of negative comments. They are the first commercial shipping provider I tried outside of standard retail rates, and I have yet to find a competitor that offers a better service for a better value. This is the best I've been able to find thus far, that's all there is to it.

Jorge

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2019

Easy to use, very straight foward

I love stamps.com, it made it so easy to determine which was the cheapest and easiest way to send out my packages. Being able to choose the exact amount of postage made sure that didn't spend more than what I needed to on postage. The website was very simple to understand, I would defiantly recommend and reuse the website.

PROS

-The website is easy to use -Lets you buy the right amount of postage you need -Description of the of the different service type helps you determine exactly what method is most cost effective and fits you exact needs. -Great for any size business looking to send out mail or packages. -Made shipping my eBay orders a breeze. -They give you a free digital scale to weigh your packages

CONS

Would be nice if the would consider selling thermal labels and printers to peel and stick them on packages.

Investment Management, 1 employee