What are Stamps.com users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Stamps.com software through verified user reviews

• icon"The service I received from stamps.com was great, and it integrated well with the app I was using."
  • icon"It is organized in a friendly manner and very easy to use. The stamps arrive promptly and still support the post office."
  • icon"I like the ability to print stamps and the ease of connecting to Shopify."
  • icon"After my 1st stamp printed on the wrong sheet and I tried to contact support and got no response, I stopped using it. Uninstalled the application and have not gone back to it."
  • icon"If you don’t have all the right equipment such as a scale or know how to gauge what exactly you need you risk paying for the wrong thing."
  • icon"After spending an hour with their customer service, being transferred to no less than 5 people, it still does not work."

Browse all Stamps.com Reviews

• Have you used Stamps.com and would like to share your experience with others?

Blake

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

December 2021

Mediocre at best, but it saved my life during the worst months of the pandemic

Laurie

Makes my work go smoothly and uninterrupted by trips to the post office

In addition be being an author, I also have a home office in which I do legal typing for attorneys in solo practices, which generates A LOT OF PAPER and correspondence. Stamps.com has consistently saved me time, money, gasoline, and having an horrific meltdown from standing in line at the post office. I'm sure other post office customers are relieved also.

Pros

It's quite easy to use, ordering supplies is simple and they arrive within a couple of days at the most. I especially like being able to print mail on either blank stamps or envelopes, and if necessary, print out parcel post mailing labels. It's also very helpful with keeping an online "meter" of my funds balance and allowing for instantly adding to my funds without having to leave the page. This program is one of the best time savers I use.

Cons

I use two different printers: an inkjet for printing individual stamps and a laser printer for printing the postage on envelopes, so I have to be careful to make sure the correct printer is indicated for the proper function. Not much of a problem, though, and everything else far outweighs this minor annoyance.

Danielle

Industry: Broadcast Media

Stamps.com is fine with me

Customizing shipping labels and tracking emails lends credibility to our small business.

Pros

It is a simple and comprehensive solution for shipping. It's easy to customize shipping labels for your business. Grabbing a refund is simple to do, although it takes a while.

Cons

The USPS pick-up feature seems easy but has never resulted in an actual pick up. Likely not STAMPS fault. Printing from other computers is a pain. I wish we could customize the shipped email depending on the sender's address. As I ship as multiple businesses, the messaging should change.

Familiarity of staff.

Amanda

March 2022

Stamps.com makes business mail more efficient and effortless!

We've been using stamps.com for years now. Since our business generates it's own leads through mail this has been a critical program to have. It was super easy to integrate and makes day to day operations for our marketing department a hassle free breeze.

Pros

We like that by using stamps.com we are able to quickly mail out our marketing materials. Paying for our postage right from the office!

Cons

Uses a lot of printer ink but that's to be expected. Really nothing we don't like about stamps.com.

Reasons for choosing Stamps.com

We used to use stamps from USPS. Since trialing stamps.com it was a no brainer. Eliminates trips to the post office completely. Time and money saved :)

Ron

Why I used to love Stamps.com

If I was getting good technical service support and getting questions answered and not having to many snafus I would say my overall experience would be good. However because of the last two days of not being able to do business the way I'm used to I would say because of technical support I have a poor experience. I have people in Poland waiting for care packages to come in and other places around the world like South Korea Bahrain Kuwait some undisclosed areas Iraq Syria and I can't I'd have to keep my production up because these deserving service members are waiting for support from the USA. IHONOUSA.com has been shipping care packages to troops since 2012

Pros

I started using Stamps.com because I used to stand in line at the post office and would see people walking past me and put their packages down on the counter and leave. So one day I ask someone how do you put your packages up and walk out. And they told me Stamps.com. So because I make frequent trips to the post office this was intriguing to me. So I looked up the service and decided that this was something of a innovation innovation moment for buyer nonprofit organization shipping care packages to troops. It will save me a lot of time standing in line at the post office. And then I started having them pick the care packages up at the door of my home which was even more time saving. As far as the software is concerned it was easy to learn easy to use and I was very thankful to have this addition to my process.

Cons

Over the years I've had pretty good success with Stamps.com my only issue with this company is their customer service really sucks. And it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. I recently had an issue with Stamps.com not recognizing APO addresses that I was shipping to because they didn't have the last four digits. Well I wanted to find out because most of the APO addresses that I shipped you don't always have the addition of four digits. So after spending 2 1/2 hours on and off the phone with stamps.com tier 1 technical support who didn't know anything and then they switched me to tier 2 in about an hour and a half and even though the guy worked with me to try to figure out or troubleshoot the issue we realized it still is not gonna work. But they would not tell me why or what was different than the three or four years prior that I was using this service.

Reasons for switching to Stamps.com

I switched to Stamps.com because I needed a time-saving mechanism which Stamps.com provided.

Ruffin

Industry: Printing

December 2021

Saves more time than money

Overall the experience wasn't negative but we did not see enough functionality or savings to justify continued use of the platform.

Pros

The primary benefit of Stamps.com is being able to calculate and print postage without having to go to the post office/store.

Cons

For more advanced mailroom functionality (like being able to print labels from a large CSV file) you have to purchase their next-tier product which is currently windows-only. This really limits the benefits/functionality of the web interface to the point that the product only seems worth it for small-scale shipping operations. On top of this, the website seemed pretty slow/clunky (for instance - it would always take several seconds to load pages as you clicked through different features)

Lena

Industry: Veterinary

February 2022

Stamps.com is good for small businesses

Stamps.com is a good starter software for small businesses. It works well if you are only selling on a few platforms and shipping small amounts of orders at a time. For multiple platforms and many orders, it becomes difficult to use. I find myself having to do a lot of things manually, like adding tracking numbers back into the selling platform to update the merchant and customer. I also hate having to purchase special labels and stickers through their shop as it gets expensive. They do offer great shipping costs though. I’m really neutral with this software. It works decently but there are better options out there.

Pros

I like that I get low shipping rates and the orders are easy to find and ship.

Cons

I don’t like that the labels and accessories must be bought through stamps.com as they are expensive.

Reasons for choosing Stamps.com

I liked the price and shipping options offered.

Make shipping easy.

We send a lot of mail and packages. With Stamps.com we can print out our own postage and shipping labels. We put the packages on the scale and the software uses the exact postage needed. It's a no brainer if you ship a lot of items.

Pros

Shipping is easy. Put your package on the scale, print out the shipping label and off it goes. No more dealing with regular stamps, trying to figure out how many to use.

Cons

Occasionally the scale will stop working so we have to unplug it and plug it back in. The conveniences of the software far outweight this minor inconvenience.

Works great most of the time, a few areas lacking

Overall it’s a great improvement from manually printing from our e-commerce sites, but it needs some reliability and error message improvements.

Pros

Stamps.com is easy to use overall, and for eBay where we have shipping services preselected it’s even easier once we set up rules to match those. It prints both our packing slips and labels, albeit in two steps since we use two different printers, and it does a good job with both.

Cons

It’s a little annoying to figure out what’s going on when it does have an error though, as it doesn’t tell you what the problem is (usually it’s a line in the address that’s too long, or an unsupported character). It also sometimes doesn’t get some orders from Amazon and we can’t figure out why.

Linda

Stamps.com is too expensive for what they offer

Since USPS doesn't allow end users to print out First Class postage, I was looking for an online solution to meet the needs of my business since nearly all of my shipments are eligible for first class shipping. I tried Stamps.com because they offered me a free trial and then it became a paid platform. As a small business owner, the monthly fee was not worth it for the amount of shipping I was doing as my business was in its infancy. I moved over to Shippo which far out performs stamps.com with no monthly fee, the added benefit of live chat customer support and the same discounted rates. Stamps.com has tried to get me to come back a couple of times, but they just aren't worth the monthly fee in my opinion.

Pros

It's easy to print USPS first class postage from your PC. It's also very easy to track shipments because they provide the tracking number.

Cons

They only support USPS shipping and they charge $17.99 per month in addition to the cost of the postage. For a small business owner, $215 annually for the convenience of printing USPS postage is quite a hit. Especially when there are other pay as you go options out there with the same discounted postage.

Reasons for choosing Stamps.com

They offered me a free trial.

Tim

Stamps.com saves us time

We no longer have to go to the post office which saves us time and with the price of gas these days we save there too by not having to drive to the post office. It has made the office much more efficient.

Pros

We like that we can send mail from our office without having to go to the post office and stand in a line waiting to purchase stamps. Also, we have a scale and if a mailing is going to be heavier than normal we can put the exact postage on.

Cons

No cons that we have found using stamps.com

Samer

Industry: Law Practice

April 2022

Never need or enter the post office again

The tracking features and not having to go to the post office lets me focus my tasks for the day. I recommend stamps.com just for the shear ability not to have to make another stop during my errands for the day.

Pros

The tracking of the package is so vital and key to any business. Many customers or clients want to know where their legal docs are to sign and stamps.com helps with that tremendously. Also when you need to ensure that a client has got a letter or certain pieces of information the certification receipt and tracking ID can help you tell the judge that you did in fact send the letter to the client or other party. Plus you don't have to go to the post office as much.

Cons

There is always a little uncertainty when you buy postage for a bigger than usual envelope or a package, so sometimes I end up paying just a little more just to make sure the package can be delivered without delay.

Stamps.com not the best solution for small business

Although we were early adopters, there were challenges with equipment integration of the scale which led to packages being returned on a regular basis due to ISP. We finally started using a separate scale to weigh packages. The site continually went down, timed out and there was no after-hours or weekend support - we run an onsite store and our clients make purchases 24/7and I was unable to print postage and provide tracking numbers frequently, especially over the weekend and during peak holidays.

Pros

Easy to activate Able to import addresses from online store

Cons

After the initial data load from our online store I started to encounter intermittent problems, packages not making it to delivery destination, packages 'disappearing' with last destination showing as xx hub etc. The stamps.com site went down frequently with no work around for printing postage. There was no autofill address feature built in, and no autosave names to directory, no audit for duplicate names stored in stamps.com so I wound up with duplicate records for multiple contacts.

Reasons for choosing Stamps.com

I went from stamps.com to pitneybowes

April 2022

Stamps.com works, but could use a lot of refinement and some bug fixes

Pros

It integrates with both of our main e-commerce platforms, Amazon and eBay, and usually brings in our orders properly. When it does, it has all out of shipping speeds set and can automatically configure the services to use, which saves us time. It’s also quick and easy to get a cost estimate for a shipping label using the package tab, as long as you have an address in the general area of the delivery to use.

Cons

It’s clunky. Keyboard shortcuts are mostly non-existent, and some things take more mouse clicks than they need to. It also needs to alert us to the cause of problems, which it currently doesn’t do, but instead just displays a generic warning symbol when an address or shipping service is invalid, without pointing out where the problem is located. We also routinely find orders that do not import for no known reason, mostly from Amazon, and have to add them manually.

Louisa

Stamps.com makes more easy shipping right at your fingertips!

I love using Stamps.com for a seamless shipping experience!

Pros

Using Stamps.com made creating and printing shipping labels for my company so extremely straightforward and easy. Given that we often are shipping product as free gifts to influencers and other product reviewers, we do not like to waste time having to figure out a confusing shipping process or spend an excessive amount of money trying to send a package. With Stamps.com we are able to avoid this and simply ship our packages.

Cons

I believe that Stamps.com could be improved with more consistent free trial offers. I believe I waited a little to use the platform because I was trying to see if there would be a better free trial offer, but I wish I had just made the choice to test it and start using it sooner.

Melissa

December 2021

Stamps.com is great for your small business

Pros

What I like most is that I don’t have to go to the post office and wait in line forever to have a letter or package weighed. I can do that with stamps.com

Cons

Nothing. I can’t think of one issue with stamps.com

Yvonne

Using Stamps.com

Overall it has been a great experience with Stamps.com; I've only contacted customer service at the beginning when we first started using it and that was almost 10 years ago.

Pros

I like the most about this software, not having to go to the post office to purchase several rolls of stamps. I can print what I need when I need them and not waste money and you get a discount on packages.

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like about Stamps.com. Everything has been good, purchasing stamps is just a click, it came with a scale. I had a great experience with this software.

Reasons for choosing Stamps.com

The price and we didn't have to rent a postage machine.

price

Jeff

Stamps.com Review

Lets be honest; doing your mailing/postage from the comfort of your office or home is a major plus during a crazy day- You save not only time but money- I first remember seeing this service via eBay shipments and have given it a round of applause ever since!

Pros

Ease of use- Ability to print for various sized mailings- It really acts as the post office at the touch of your hand and you don't have to go (especially in COVID times) to the post office- From my reviewing competition, it is usually cheaper that the other like companies- All in all a great and efficient service!

Cons

Once you figure out the basics to the navigation this becomes so easy to use- My only slight complaint (sadly a common theme among many of the other reviews I have read) is the cost at times makes you wonder if you should be looking at other options- But sometimes it is tough to change a good thing!

Heather

April 2022

Stamps.com changed my life!

Pros

This saved me so much time during my day. It takes the driving back and forth to the post office work away. There is no more guessing of the weight is right or not.

Cons

I would like to see more features become available.

Cindy

With Stamps.com I never need to go to the post office

Pros

I love having a shipping platform that I can use for shipping that integrates a variety of carrier options so I can compare options and get the best rates

Cons

I can't think of anything I like least.

Carlo

Stamps.com is a hidden gem for businesses on-the-go!

Great I would refer any business owner to get one!

Pros

It makes mailing anything so much easier.

Cons

The actual hardware/print machines need to be updated.

Monika

Pros

I got this as a means to save me a trip to the post office for when I'm sending out both packages and letters.

Cons

some of the equipment is a little bulky but otherwise a good set up.

Pamela

Industry: Cosmetics

April 2022

Thansk Stamps.com for asissting in my business success

great-saves me money and makes my packages look professional

Pros

makes it easy and quick to ship packages to my clients, with little efforts and a few clicks, you have me time and money

Cons

NOTHING, the ease of using and effectiveness is so appreciated

Reasons for switching to Stamps.com

The cost, saves me lots of money

Cassie

So convenient!

Pros

It's so convenient to print stamps and labels as needed, without having to worry about buying stamps or going to the post office. The software automatically updates when postage rates change, so we never have to worry about tracking the changes. The discount on postage is nice, too!

Cons

There was a learning curve to figure out how to print the labels (which direction to insert, and how to configure the printer to reduce smearing).

Speeds up the snail mail!

Pros

I love that you're able to print right from the office. This saves us so much time but also allows us to customize stamps for special one-off packages without all the hassle of the post office!

Cons

I think the refund/return process could be simplified. If the printer jams while printing a sheet and messes it up, which happens often if you have an older printer like we do, causing you to send out a whole report to get the money refunded. They should work toward digitizing this process.

Stamps.com