Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I have been using animaker to create whiteboard explainer videos for marketing and internal presentations. What I like the most about it so far is its ease of use."
  • icon"It was super quick to learn and their support is the best I've ever had for a consumer software product."
  • icon"It has great functionality and makes it very easy to create your own personalised marketing campaign or even a whole course of e-learning."
  • icon"However, this software is slow, lags, and is not user friendly. I thought it lagged on just my computer."
  • icon"It’s a complete waste of time. Unlike other softwares I’ve used, this took me more than a minute literally to edit each scene and I had over 25 scenes."
  • icon"Videos look very unprofessional, very childish icons. Animaker runs with flash player with make it very slow and annoying to work with."

Have you used Animaker and would like to share your experience with others?

All Animaker Reviews

Lucky Griffin

Animaker Review

My overall experience with animaker has been one with a positive surprise. Aminaker made it possible to internally create content we thought we would have needed to outsorce saving us a signficant amount in operation costs.

Pros

I have been using animaker to create whiteboard explainer videos for marketing and internal presentations. What I like the most about it so far is its ease of use. It is fairly easy to create animation videos in animaker without prior experience in the field. As such, its integration to our organisation was smooth and seamless.

Cons

What I liked the least about animaker is the fact is is only available online. Making it hard or impossible to use when/if their are interuptions to the internet connection.

Asher

August 2022

A user who enjoys the product

As a producer of marketing videos for our business, my experience is very pleasant and good with the product. I feel that the use of the software is very simple and clear, there is a very large variety of templates, figures and other tools that I can incorporate into the products I develop in the software.

Pros

A variety of built-in options that enable fast and high-quality creation

Cons

The software is easy to use but could be easier if you could edit the timeline by layers

Reasons for choosing Animaker

The graphic style suited the needs of the organization

Sabrina

Industry: Market Research

I did an amazing video resume with Animaker

The software is very easy to use, otherwise, you have lots of tutorials, helping you using it. Moreover, they have great basics videos that you can use in case you're running out of creativity. You can create amazing things, videos.. with the software they have lots of logos, pictures, backgrounds, etc. Oh yeah before I forgot they have amazing customer service ! At each email I sent they answered in the following minute.

Pros

Cons

The only cons is that we can't upload videos on the video we're creating, I had to use another software for that. Sometimes the software is lagging so I had to change my navigator several times, but it's no big deal it's worth it.

Ayesha

August 2022

Animated Videos Made With Ease.

Right now, animated videos attract all kinds of consumers. The platform offers resources for creating top-notch animated commercials and promotional videos. It is direct and to the point. Despite its shortcomings, it is capable of producing a captivating animated video.

Pros

The platform has a highly intuitive user interface. Any beginner may produce engaging animation material for customers. The library has enough media to create a video in a matter of minutes. The result is phenomenal for entertainment or instructional materials.

Cons

Without a doubt, the cost is a concern. Along with expanding the functionality, the library has to grow as well. Although it still needs improvement in many areas, it is an excellent platform for producing animated videos.

Ram

One stop solution for all content creation

Good, Surely I will recommend this product

Pros

1. All tools in one place 2. Cost is reasonable for the feature they provide.

Cons

Technical expertise is required not easy as they advertise.

Reasons for choosing Animaker

Because of additional features

Because of more feature

Marcos

A very good online application for anyone to create attractive and modern content in minutes

Pros

We reviewed this application for our company, since we have the need to publish a large volume of engaging educational videos. After trying it we can say that it is very easy to understand and use, even if you do not have much experience editing. They have very good tutorial videos that teach you how to get the most out of the program. They also have one of the largest element libraries I've seen. In addition, the illustrations, characters and graphics in general are very cool and impressive. In relation to competitors, they have practically the same functionalities as the biggest ones, such as the possibility of loading elements from your computer, like images, audios, videos and using them in your edition.

Cons

Not many things to say here... Since its a web application, that works in flash, it depends a lot on the internet connection you have. Additionally, if your equipment is not very modern, it could be annoying to make very complex editions. In the end we decided on another option due to the characteristics that they had in relation to the price of the offered plans.

Wayde

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

October 2022

They renewed my subscription without my permission.

The company renewed my subscription without any prior notification to inform me of the renweal period coming up, they also charged my card for a year. When I reached out to resolve the issue, they went silent and did not reapond. Their online chat support is flaky and no one responds despite the system saying that you will get an email in minutes.

Pros

Customisable characters. Although most of them are white or stereotyped people of colour.

Cons

Searching for character emotions was challenging.

Response from Animaker

Hi Wayde, We have cross-checked, and our support team has reached out to you about the refund inquiry. I kindly request you check your inbox or spam folder, and you would have received an email from "help@animaker.com" you can also reply to the same email for further questions. Thanks, Team Animaker

Replied October 2022

July 2022

Animaker - Good Online Animated Videos Maker

The beautiful animated characters of Animaker made my videos awesome.

Pros

Animated has nice variable Animated characters and motions.

Cons

It would be better if Animaker has a free educational license or discount.

Arheer

September 2022

Make animated videos without spending much time

Animaker is relatively an easy tool to get started. The features and functionalities are well explained and one can take less time to get acquainted with the tool. The characters, background, text, and animations are well designed. It is a great tool to make animated videos.

Pros

- Can create professional looking animated videos - Completely cloud-based and hence can edit from anywhere - Can make multiple videos - educational, instructional, invitation, etc - A large number of characters are available

Cons

- A little expensive but cheaper than hiring a professional video editor - Customization is existing templates is not possible - Autosave is not available

Josiah

Animaker gives everything Powtoon offers... for a better price

Animaker makes it easy to create a flashy, engaging presentation that attracts young and old viewers alike. Creative transitions and stylistic graphics enhance the final product.

Pros

Animaker is the equivalent of how Powtoon was a couple years back. The interface and functionality isn't state-of-the-art, but it gets the job done. The tool enables creators to easily create engaging presentations/videos in a short amount of time. Their specialty is cartoon-themed presentations. Unlike Powtoon, Animaker allows users to actually export their video without upgrading, although it will include a watermark. This is far better than Powtoon's solution, which is to let creators create a stunning video, and then tell them they have to upgrade to download it.

Cons

While Animaker is great for the most part, there are some negatives. Transitions aren't seamless - they can be a bit disorienting at times. Also, the preset themes aren't the best. Finally, the site is pretty heavy with graphics, so a slow computer may not be able to handle it. Those are the only negatives I can think of at the moment. Overall, Animaker delivers, even if it's not been updated as recently as Powtoon, its major competitor. Just be aware that in order to produce a high-quality, polished creation, you're going to need to upgrade.

Response from Animaker

Hello Josiah Aviles, this is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker. As you might be aware, Animaker has the largest library of assets to help our subscribers use them to create exciting videos. On an ongoing basis, we keep building this library of assets. Yesterday we launched over 40 new transitions to help our users. Armed with these effects, you can now make awesome videos with butter smooth transitions. To know more about these new effects, please visit https://blog.animaker.com/new-transition-effects Animaker is on a mission to make video making exciting, user friendly and extremely easy. Please keep the feedback coming. Request you to try the new transition effects and share your feedback on the same. Thank you for your valuable time and with warm regards, Val Subbaiah | Animaker, Inc | val@animaker.com

Replied November 2017

Praburam

Create videos in a jiffy

Pros

I'm a marketer by profession and I always have a tough time working with designers. Animaker made non-professional video editors like me produce studio quality videos with it's simple DIY video editor. Animaker will be my go-to tool for anything videos.

Cons

Rendering time can be improved. Animated asset collections can be improved.

Ian

Industry: Computer Hardware

Invest in premium versions to get the best out of Animaker

While the software was very good and worked well I feel that after doing a few animations you may quickly use up the suite of objects before all your videos start looking the same. Either that or i need more imagination.

Pros

It's very easy to use and you can create quick and simple animations very easily great for corporate videos web based so you can collaborate with people in different locations

Cons

There are various payment levels, but even with some of the paid versions the number of objects available was a bit ungenerous

Looking for easier animation

Uri

Lack of Diversity

My overall experience has been good with Animaker. But if it cannot up its game by expanding its character generation options, I may have to choose another product. That's a shame because it really does have some cool features.

Pros

I really like Animaker as an animation hobbyist. There are a variety of actions and expressions you can use for your characters. When I've presented my animations to family members and friends, they've really liked and complimented them.

Cons

As was mentioned previously, I don't like that it's only available online. But, my HUGEST complaint is Animaker's lack of diversity for Black/African-Americans' natural hairstyles. My animations are based on real people. And as a Black woman with Black family members and friends, it's frustrating that I cannot do animations that reflect how we look in real life. I also don't like that there are no character generator options for children. The kids in my family and my friends' kids LOVE seeing themselves in cartoons.

Laura

Snappy user-friendly software

Very good in general, great canvas, intuitive usage and a great variety of Image Library to choose from

Pros

How much you can change the movements, features, actions and emotions of the character. I like the background videos, too. Its good it can be made into video or slides.

Cons

I couldn't name the slides individually (only slide 1, Slide 2, etc) tech support were very nice and helpful, but the time difference (Im in UK)means it has taken 4 days to solve an issue. I coldnt find the way to duplicate a single slide (only whole project was duplicated), and neither could I find a way to transfer a slide from one project to another.

Reasons for switching to Animaker

very inflexible and static characters and not much variety. Only paying for the PRemium I would have got most of the features i needed

Kimber

Industry: Writing and Editing

Animaker is the only video creator i use

animaker isn't just a great place to make videos, it's also a great place to make some really creative presentations.

Pros

I love that animaker is free and user-friendly. i don't need to make crazy and elaborate videos, but sometimes I do need a tool to make simple little videos. animaker is a great tool for when a regular person like me needs some help making some video content.

Cons

since i am so new to making videos, it would be nice to have a kind of video creator's academy on animaker for people like me.

Response from Animaker

Animaker offers 2 "how to" webinars every week. https://app.animaker.com/webinar

Replied November 2020