• Pros

• "software is very light and you can run this software on 4GB RAM is well. Buyer get video editor and screen recorder in one package which is very good for new editor and youtubers."

• "I like how camtasia has an easy-to-learn interface, it's very uncomplicated to do a good video editing"

• "The file size of a video of the same time-length is very small than others. Text video result is outstanding. Quickly applying Transaction, sound effects, and chroma key. "

• Cons

• "Camtasia is an excellent tool for creating explanatory movies. However, it often takes a lot of fine-tuning before all of the functions finally match."

• "Not really a con, but you may find yourself wanting to get onto a maintenance subscription to keep the software always up-to-date. It is not that expensive to do so."

• "Only few visual effects and annotations are available to use."

Browse Camtasia Reviews

Daniel from Self-Employed

Camtasia Review

I use Camtasia to record and create professional training video for my courses, webinars, and for post-production recorded Zoom live session. It’s very easy to create another similar video, using templates, video placeholders or simply copy-paste an existing project and replace existing media with a new one. It is less feature-rich than Adobe Premiere, but you can’t beat its simplicity. Also, TechSmith delivers amazing support tutorials to help you learn how to use the platform.

Pros

Camtasia is very easy to use and has enough features to make your video looks professional. Has templates and video placeholders that are very useful when you create similar videos. It has quite a few video effects. It has auto sound normalizer and noise reduction (is not perfect, but it helps). Camtasia comes with a Screen Recorder that is integrated with the editor. After recording, you have the option to auto create a Camtasia project and add the recorded video to it. Can capture mouse and you can edit it later (like size or hide it). Camtasia also smooth the mouse movements. You can explain better some topics using text overlay (very easy to create, extend, or add effects). Supports green screen. It’s easy to import video and photos created in other application. You can post videos directly to YouTube from within the application.

Cons

Sometimes I need to be exact when cutting and splicing a video or audio and I miss one or two steps of zooming-out the media. The software was freezing on a laptop without a graphics card (rarely). Camtasia doesn’t have the possibility to change the editing speed. But I managed to do it using a workaround: changing the media speed and before exporting don’t forget to change it back to normal. For a long video, rendering takes a lot. Audio processing is a bit limited (for more control you should use another tool like Audacity) If you hear that Camtasia can import PowerPoint slides, don’t be too enthusiast about that, it will import them as photos only. Doesn’t import/replicate any effect or text.

Sven from Self-Employed

Amazing Videosoftware Camtasia

Overall, I'm happy that Camtasia was recommended to me. I have super-equipped software that I can use to create all of my videos and audios as an online course developer. Uploading to video platforms is also really quick and easy. It is a lot of fun to take pictures with the green screen and then display a news studio. Camtasia makes my job easier for me.

Pros

There are many functions and they are very intuitive. I was a beginner and quickly found success with my first beautiful video. You can merge many tracks for pictures, Power Point, music and speech. Videos and audios can be edited very nicely. Cutting is also very easy with the functions. There are plenty of ready-made templates in the internal library. Any format can also be imported from the computer. Price and performance are absolutely appropriate. I have signed a maintenance contract and can use the latest version with better and better functions every year. Great.

Cons

I found the many setting options a little difficult at the beginning. It took something to recognize the changes when attitudes were different. A help display with a hint would be good if you create an intro, for example, and fill in the data. Kind of an indication that it is to be saved for further, later videos. The result is very large files that I have moved to external hard drives. Importing them from there was cumbersome but feasible.

Zaven from hope

So so software

Pros

I have used it long time ago, it easy to use not like premiere pro

Cons

not professional, a lot of things missing there, for begginers

Stefanos from Computer & Network Security

Camtasia review

I have been using Camtasia on a daily basis to perform screencasts, record my videos and edit them afterwards in order to produce high quality training materials for technical audiences. I am very happy with the overall performance and feature set of the software and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It covers my requirements as a beginner video producer and trainer.

Pros

Camtasia offers a boost in the process of video recording and editing. It features very high quality screen casting and high resolution .mp4 video output. Also Techsmith's training academy allows new video editors to obtain useful knowledge in the field of video production by offering courses to every new paid Camtasia subscription. Last but not least, Techsmith offers a rich library of assets and templates to use in your professionally looking video project.

Cons

Unfortunately Camtasia is not officially supported on Windows Server systems. I had a Windows Server 2019 box on which I would like to install it but this is not officially supported.

Reasons for Switching to Camtasia

I wish Microsoft had a successor to their old and deprecated Expression Encoder application. This software is now obsolete and does not support latest high resolution videos and video codecs. Therefore I needed to switch to a leading software which would provide all the functionality I needed.

Aziz from Self - Employed

Camtasia | Software Reviews

Well, I enjoyed a lot using Camtasia a. It is very user friendly. I believe everyone loves this very much.

Pros

I use Camtasia for video editing purposes. It makes me feel good. Well, Camtasia video recording software. It allows you to screen recording with astounding features, animations, and effects. A lot of features I like it more especially video transitions, great effects, and so on. It was founded in the United States in 1987. Now It is gained much more popularity among YouTubers. They don’t have a free version but offer a free trial so that you can buy from them if you like it. The price is $249 as a one-time payment per person.

Cons

It makes computer slow during rendering videos. That is why it takes a little bit of time to render videos

Siraj from Walisoft Technologies

Camtasia - Best Video tool

Camtasia is most commonly used tool for making videos and screen recording. Many channels on YouTube use it for screen recordings. It also gives an opportunity that you can add your desired audio or multimedia on your videos.

Pros

Camtasia studio is easy to learn and it has simple user interface. It is very popular for its screen recordings feature because it provide neat and professional quality result. It provides many functionality to users to edit videos immediately and add effects and filters on it. I believe Camtasia studio is well worth the cost software due to its many options and simplicity.

Cons

It often show crashes and bugs while you are editing videos but the update which has auto save feature helped many users a lots. You cannot do detailed customizations in camtasia studio as its competitors providing. Camtasia has a limited keyboard controls and also they missing many commands which make their keyboard commands weak and poor. I wish the price could be a little less for individuals that would be helpful.

Pieter from Inksmart Pty LTD

Camtasia is fantastic

I use this software literally on a weekly basis for screen recordings. Making videos and producing it for youtube and my e-learning website is super easy. I love this software and I don't use anything else to do this kind of work.

Pros

This software is super easy to work with. I love the integration with PowerPoint and it makes my work creating videos for my e-learning site so much easier. Screen recording is great as well as recording from PowerPoint slide shows.

Cons

As I also work with pinnacle software I sometimes find that video format compatibility becomes an issue but that is just about the only real issue I have ever experienced with the software. But this may just be small variances in codex.

Reasons for Choosing Camtasia

I've used Pinnacle for many years producing longer videos and I still do, but it is just so much easier to make small training videos with Camtasia.

Reasons for Switching to Camtasia

Camtasia is simpler and easier to use, at least for me it is.

Kelly from Chellejon Paper Bead Rollers

Great Software But Can Be a Little Clunky

Overall this is a great software as long as you are using it for the right purpose and outcomes.

Pros

I used Camtasia for years to create online training programs in my corporate training job. It does a great job of recording the screen and has some good editing features. It's best suited for training and educational videos. The PowerPoint import and the quiz features are great! If you are trying to do YouTube or something that is full video, you may want to look elsewhere for the price.

Cons

At times I found it to be a little bit clunky and difficult to get it to do exactly what I needed. I do have experience with professional video editing software, and this is MUCH more simplistic. So that may have been a good part of my frustration.

AMANAT from Freelancer

Video Formate and file size is good

Pros

Cons

Quickly remove the chroma key, all features are good. I like it

enoch from Effesus Technologies

Video production made easy with Camtasia

i have been able to make awesome videos for my youtube channel thanks to camtasia and my overall experience has been great

Pros

looking for a lightweight software for your video editting, with great interface, check this software out. it has all the features and the tools to make a top notch media production. Make a video like a pro with all the fancy trasitions and effects, annotations and transitions. record your screen in an awesome way with just the click of a button and edit them easily. do voice-overs, documentaries and vlog videos easily with Camtasia. export them into several formats for web, phone, iphone and many other formats.

Cons

it could do more with a lot more features to make the sofware better

Hiran from Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

Editing and creation of video and audio is made simple and fast.

Pros

The User interface is simple and required tools placed on the left side tab. Audio editing job done easy by audio effects option have preloaded option like noise removal, volume levelling, fade in, fade out and clip speed. The preloaded effects made editing job quick which are loaded in media, annotations, transitions, behaviours, animations, cursor effects, voice narrations and audio effects. The User can lock the track and make hide or visible of the particular track.

Cons

Importing of the media file is not quick. Launching of the software take more time to open the software. Functions of the software are not quick responsive.

Ariyan from Halal IT

One of the best and easy video editing and creating software

I use Camtasia for my camera video editing. I cut unused thing, add some title and customise the sound. sometimes I edit my whiteboard video with this, and I sell those video to my buyer.

Pros

Camtasia is a video editing and creating software. I used this software overall in 3 years. This is a really helpful software for simple editing work. The feature of this software are very easy to use. So, I recommended my all friend and colleague to use this software. There are some easy tools and option, anyone can learn about this software in one or tow day. The rendering file of this software is small but the video quality is very good. that's why it's my favourite software.

Cons

There are no special effect and fx tools. after saving the video file, that folder contains too many files.and also one thing is, you can't make any high quality petty or slide video with this.

It is a useful solution, try it free..

we are mostly using camtasia to training our specialists who works from out of offfice. All employees become home office since April '20 due to covid-19 and this program has became crucial. A new era has begun for business world and camtasia is a key player.

Pros

we transfer all our training programs to e-learning platforms. Not just our trainers but also my other team members such as QA specialists can use camtasia easily to record. We usually combine parts or recombine after updates which occurs very often. Its user friendly interface is important and valuable

Cons

Snagit 2020 is must be free or lower price.

price-feature balance

Harold from internetIdeas.cr

A very good video editor

I like it and I use it daily and like it. It's one of my favorite video editors

Pros

It's easy to use, robust, and with nice features. It also offers different formats to export. Quality delivery is great. You can export to your computer and other apps such as Youtube, Vimeo and other social media apps. You can capture your PC screen and record voice narration.

Cons

It's kind of heavy to load and as other video editors needs a lot of resources of your PC. Does not offer other type of animations like cartoons or illustrations that other video editors offer nowadays

Easily create professional-looking videos

You are not going to create a blockbuster movie on Camtasia - that's not what it is designed for, but you will find it an easy to use video recorder and editor for tutorials, lessons, etc., with tools geared towards that.

Pros

For us, it is mainly used to create video tutorials. Sometimes text and images are not enough, and that is when Camtasia comes in. With easy to use recording and editing tools, you can easily create professional-looking videos. Even though it is a basic video recorder and editor, their are lots of features included, such as annotations, effects, cursor effects and transitions. With Camtasia, you can spend less time on post production.

KN from Boldink

Industry: Graphic Design

Camtasia Review

Camtasia is a joy to use to develop eLearning content. You can make it as interactive as you want with quizzes or other elements or keep it simple and use it to publish PowerPoint presentations.

Pros

Camtasia is a great software for creating eLearning presentations and videos. It's also an ways software to use for those who are not tech savvy. The software is easy to learn and allows you to quickly get started creating eLearning projects. I like that you can add and format callouts as well as add animations and control timing and execution of the animation.

Cons

It's not as feature rich as Adobe Captivate, but still allows you to create good content. Sometimes Camtasia does not work well, when the project file gets too large or when your working on a project file on a network drive, instead of your local computer hard drive.

Camtasia - a complete and lean editor

I have been using Camtasia for about 9 years, editing videos for school as professional videos and for youtube channels and it has been meeting the needs

Pros

Cons

Sometimes I have problems opening files of certain formats, sometimes even MP4, so I think the program should come ready to support more types of media files

Daniel from eduteam GmbH

Educational films

With Camtasia, we have always been able to create professional explanatory films that have been highly appreciated by customers. Processes were well visualized for the users.

Pros

Camtasia is an excellent tool for creating explanatory movies. It makes it easy to synchronize sound and video. Many small functions make a professional look possible. For example, straightening the mouse pointer or zooming in and out.

Hithesh from Conceptia Software Technologies Pvt Ltd

Creation of video is done effectively along with voice narration functionality

Camtasia is very good software to create videos and video looks more professional.

Pros

Video creation, video editing and screen recording are done in single platform of Camtasia. Voice narration functionality is very helpful to create videos. The videos created in Camtasia looks professional.

Cons

Only few visual effects and annotations are available to use.

William from SU College

Camtasia Relay

Overall, I have had a good experience with incorporating Camtasia Relay into our learning resources. It provides a very valuable tool for faculty to use.

Pros

The thing I like most about Camtasia Relay is the fact that our faculty are able to use this to record and publish their lectures for students that can't attend class or learn from home.

Cons

The thing that I like the least about Camtasia Relay is that it takes a bit of time to train faculty on how to use it. Some instructors are hesitant and get a bit frustrated when trying to learn the platform theirselves.

Kalim from Freelancer

Camtasia is best video editing and screen recording software

Camtasia is very fast and good video editing and system screen recorder software which you will get both when you bought it. Editor can share edited video directly to YouTube and other social media platform.

Pros

Cons

There is limitations of Text templates there is no professional transitions for videos and images. there is no lower third templates.

SANJAY from LTI

Easy and professional Video Editing tookl

I mainly use Camtasia to record the screen and edit eventually I use them for online course creation. The editing feature is amazing.

Pros

The built-in screen recording feature is awesome which makes things easy if you are a content creator. Another thing which I noticed is multiple functionalities in video editing, which rarely other products have. If you are a beginner it offers free templates for the users which again saves a lot of time and increase productivity.

Cons

I have been using this product for a long, but the UI was stagnant throughout the time, expecting much more user-friendly in the next update. Animation effects are limited, A community library helps to solve the issue.

Rob from Praktijk

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Essential when creating instructional video's

It is versatile and easy to use. I use it to edit recordings of classes and create guides how to do stuff.

Pros

The software is easy to use. I do not use it to produce blockbuster movies but simple instructional videos and recordings of lessons. For this purpose, it is easy to use, has enough options, and is quite stable and fast.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that is relevant. Perhaps not having a plug-in for Google Slides is something I might miss (because there is a plug-in for Powerpoint but that I do not use very often).

René Francisco from Triunfa en tus estudios

Friendly and professional

It is a software that should be used if you are interested in editing videos without complicating yourself. It can be very good to start making professional videos although my friends who are dedicated to editing do not like it. For me I am not a professional editor but if I need to edit to make video courses it is ideal.

Pros

I chose this product, as it seemed the easiest option to use while still having very professional features. One of these features is that it allows you to separate the sound from the images and be able to work it independently. It also has a very useful noise reducer. And a bank of free videos and sounds that make intros and outros very easy. Integration with PowerPoint is fantastic.

Cons

It can get very slow if you don't have enough RAM.

Reasons for Switching to Camtasia

Much more flexible in everything. Especially when you want to modify the sound track.

Video-editing tool for everyone

It’s really good software, if you don’t need much enterprise features it’s the right one. It’s much cheaper than others on the market. It’s perpetual license and maintenance it also not so expensive.

Pros

It’s easy to use, you can purchase it also in a bundle with Snagit. You can create and edit videos which is very easy with Camtasia.

Cons

It’s really easy to use, but some really enterprise options are missing or you NEED to have bundle with Snagit to use all available features.

The price.

James from KnowledgePassion, Inc

Basic Workhorse for Screen Recording and Video Editing

Pros

Good functionality for easy screen recording and basic video editing plus access to some free downloadable template assets.

Cons

Annual upgrades are not that impressive and seem to not come with easy to understand tutorials from the developers. Responsiveness to user feedback for improved functionality is not top tier.

One of the best video editing soft

It was good experience to work with this app. But I could not use it free forever.

Pros

It can be used to edit almost any type of video. The wide range of functionality and easy interface made the apps one of the leading video editing applications. I have used the trial version because I am not a professional video editor. But it has amazing transaction effects, tremendous pre-installed effect, royalty-free music, a lot of intro videos, and so on. It is the best option for a beginner user too.

Cons

It is not free apps. One need buy its license which is expensive. But as the developer is developing the apps regularly they need a paycheck. So if anybody wants to be a pro video editor as an amateur I can recommend this app to start with.

Reasons for Switching to Camtasia

The windows movie maker is not available anymore as far I know.

Chandra from Freshchallenge

Good, reputable product

Excellent.

Pros

It is a very robust and stable product. You can create awesome videos with Camtasia. Burning captions is very easy. Overall a solid product.

Cons

Not very user-friendly. Takes some time to acquire the skill and learn all the features.

Reasons for Choosing Camtasia

Heard about it from my staff - they really liked working with Camtasia.

Mark from TYL

Nice balance between features and ease-of-use

Lovely. I've tried iMovie, and Premier Pro and they don't compare to Camtasia for doing screencasts, recording + exporting and simple movies. If you're a movie maker, this isn't for you, but if you're throwing together a quick family video or annotating a demonstration video, Camtasia is perfect.

Pros

It's so easy to quickly record a screen, app window, or region of my screen, then annotate and export it. If you want to go a bit further, the media library and transition effects etc are great & useful.

Cons

At times, it feels a tiny bit light on features: there's certain things I'd like to be able to do easier, but these are minor things and again, not what its meant to be used for.

Ease of use.

Review for Camtasia

Camtasia makes it possible to produce really good videos with few simple steps and with just little knowledge, anyone can be a video editor.

Pros

Camtasia is a killer product of its' category and can say that it stands on the top. Screen recording is the most commonly used feature and with its built in video editor, it is effortless to produce a good quality video based on different requirements and platforms.

Cons

Sometimes audio in recording gives me an echo which seems to be like the audio is being recorded from 2 inputs. Still it gets me what I want. Other than that it works perfectly. May be the prices can be reduced a little.

Richard from Emailgistics

Great product for tutorial videos

Amazing. Will continue to use this software for all video creating. Our marketing team also now uses it for digital social media.

Pros

The features in this software make it easy for anyone to create and edit tutorial videos. Even as a first timer it was seamless

Cons

loved it all the way around. the only thing I would change is selection of audio clips.

Training Content Creation

Pros

Camtasia makes the ability to record and edit video content for training videos fast and effective.

Cons

Not all of the tools are obvious and can be very sensitive.

Heather from Brown & Brown of WA dba Edgren Hecker & Lemmon Insurance

Easy To Use

The software has allowed me to create pieces of videos that I use over and over then splice them into other videos at the applicable place. This not only streamlines my work but ensures we are using the correct information each time. It has also allowed me to create more professional quality of videos in far less time.

Pros

The system has a robust set of features built into it that are easy to use and manipulate. Most things are as easy as dragging and dropping them into place on the video you are editing. You can easily add things such as transitions, moving call-outs, and even splice in other videos. It took me about 30 minutes to get it all figured out.

Cons

It feels overwhelming at first and the controls aren't necessarily easy to figure out unless you have watched a tutorial. Once you do then it is very easy to figure out and navigate.

Nihad from education

more than fabulous app

Due to Covid 19, we could't go to school and teach there, so we have to record some lessons and send them to our students for this purpose I have been using it and very satisfied with it,hopefully.

Pros

first of all, it's so easy to use and not complicated. all things you need is available in it like putting text, zooming, trimming, highlighting, and the most important thing is that it has a high quality almost like 4k. another good thing is you can save it on your computer or share it with YouTube, Vimo and/or google drive.

Cons

for me it is perfect personally, I don't have any complaint about it.

Shahzaib Khan from Education Management

A great softwer

my overall experience with this software. I use it for my educational course it's very good and useful. I save a lot of time. once I record the lecture and I edit on Camtasia, so I can read and watch again. it's very good for video editing and easy. I want to recommend everyone.

Pros

I really like this software for video editing. the captions and subtitles of this software is very easy and useful. I also like the split and audio effect options.

Cons

it s is very easy for rendering videos. I really like the 9th version of the software. it's very good. in this software, we can edit and remove noise from voice.

Tacho from TachoTachev.com

With Camtasia I create super video

I use Camtasia to record video and to make e-learning course for drivers. Some time I use a screenshots for better visualisation.

Pros

Very powerful tool video for creating stunning video. I have a motorcycle and with the help of company is here I can save my memories from my motorcycle trips.

Cons

The pre build templates are great but could be more. It will be a good idea to have a template market

Muhammad from Muhammad ayaz

Camtasia is a very easy and basic video editing software

I like to recommend camtasia for new video editors and YouTubers for starting their careers.

Pros

Very easy in use , best for new YouTubers who wanna start their career in video editing and YouTube.

Cons

Their is very limited features in camtasia software. I use to this software sometime it's hanging which is not good.

Good video recording and editing tool

Pros

I use Camtasia for video tutorials recording, editing, and applying voice-over. I like this software overall, the quality of the video is perfect. Love the effects available and video redactor. It is much easier to use than Adobe for example.

Cons

Sometimes it shuts down suddenly and doesn't save the latest changes.

Record and Edit Your Own Videos

Education is now geared to make video-on-demand to support on-line learning because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Teachers may use Camtasia to support in creating great content.

Pros

Camtasia offers ease-of-use. You can start right away even you never read or watched tutorials.

Cons

I hope in the future they can also support resolution higher than 1080p.

MAHER from Tl freelanceservice

Video Editing? So Camtasia

Pros

Simple to use, very large options and tools. You get what you imagine.

Cons

The timeline needs more precision in terms of thumbnails to get perfect scenes.

Rebekah from Comeet

Great software but hard to use

My overall experience with Camtasia was definitely positive but the software was too complicated for me to invest time into learning it.

Pros

I made beautiful and professional videos on camtasia. They looked like a team made them. Everything flowed very well when it was finished

Cons

It is extremely hard to use and I felt like I needed a encyclopedia in order to figure it out. Loads of little buttons that have no direction. I wish when I was beginning to use it there has been a walking on onboarding.

hamdi from SmartFi

good screen record software

i tried the trial version to record video presentation

Pros

camtasia is a very amazing software to make screen record video and audio with hight quality resolution and easy way

Cons

hight price for individual user that can use free alternative like OBS, so as a user for simple record i don't see the point to buy the license

Alexandra from The Sophisticated Geek OÜ

Good Software for Course Recording

The recording experience is great- if youre not a total newbie to audio/video software. I had adobe experience from a few years ago, so that part was easy. I just wanted to upload it in mp4 format or wave, and couldn't find a way to do it.

Pros

Given you are familiar with similar layouts, such as audio software programmes, or video software, this is easy to use. We bought ours cheaply (camtasia version 9) via a humblebundle offer. Great if you want to record your screen and audio for e.g. making courses to sell, or youtube- or to record a powerpoint presentation. I tried it out once so far, to check on the recording quality.

Cons

Please add an automatic export as mp4 or the like to the program. it may be there but i didnt see it when i first tried it out.

it came as an offer

Laurence from Cherwell Software

The best video editor I’ve ever used

My experience has been very positive. I’ve edited hours of videos in Camtasia and it’s been a very enjoyable experience.

Pros

Chopping up video clips and making professional videos is really easy. Plus the screen recorder is fantastic.

Cons

Nothing so far, Camtasia is really good. I’ve used Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Sony Vegas Pro, and it’s safe to say Camtasia is my favorite of them all.

mourad from gh

camtasia Studio review

Pros

camtasia studio highly recommanded to create a video screen shoot so easy ans simple really i recommanded it for normal or technical person

Cons

very useful and easy , simple method

Andrew from Information Technology and Services

Camtasia is a good tool

A good software that helps when needed

Pros

It is a useful application helps you to record your screen while making sessions or videos that can not be downloaded

Cons

very expensive for its features and has a short trial period

Flavio from Ericsson

Excellent for produce videos for sharing information

We used Camtasia for preparing videos tutorial for our staff, explaining how to used some applications we developed internally. The video production, blending screen sharing, video, audio and effects, allowed us to create information content with high quality.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive, almost no need to read user guides to start producing tutorials and applications demos in your computer. Camtasia is lightweight and fast.

Cons

If your production has many video recordings, and uses effects, the rendering process can be time consuming.