What are Camtasia users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Camtasia software through verified user reviews

• icon"It provides many functionality to users to edit videos immediately and add effects and filters on it. I believe Camtasia studio is well worth the cost software due to its many options and simplicity."
  • icon"Camtasia comes with a Screen Recorder that is integrated with the editor. After recording, you have the option to auto create a Camtasia project and add the recorded video to it."
  • icon"It is a very robust and stable product. You can create awesome videos with Camtasia."
  • icon"Some instructors are hesitant and get a bit frustrated when trying to learn the platform theirselves."
  • icon"It is extremely hard to use and I felt like I needed a encyclopedia in order to figure it out. Loads of little buttons that have no direction."
  • icon"The result is very large files that I have moved to external hard drives. Importing them from there was cumbersome but feasible."

Browse all Camtasia Reviews

• Have you used Camtasia and would like to share your experience with others?

Heather

Easy To Use

Vanessa

September 2022

It is a great software and very intuitive to learn

It helps me out a lot with working with social media reels and ads. I manage several accounts for different clients and Camtasia is a time saver app. Very easy to use, doesn't really have a learning curve if you have a minimum knowledge of design and editing, all of my questions have been answered in the faq or tutorials you find everywhere online.

Pros

It allows me to edit videos for my social media accounts and I didn't need to make a video editing course, it was quite intuitive. It is much easier to work on my pc than on a small screen for this too so even though the video editing apps for mobile are good I always prefer the freedom that a pc allows me. Also, most of my assets are created on the pc so I don't have to be moving files to the phone.

Cons

The transitions and effects are quite limited. Some free phone apps have plenty of effects and in many cases, I end up exporting little clips and putting them together in a different app because I want a specific effect (i.e. small jump) that I cannot manage to create on Camtasia. There might be tricks to do them I am not aware of but I couldn't find anything useful so I always go back to one of the phone apps.

Reasons for switching to Camtasia

I don't like editing videos on my phone, it makes the process very slow and ineffective.

Addanki

September 2022

Camtasia for Everything (Video editing, making new videos)

Pros

Very flexible in use, drag and drop functionality is very quick. While recording screen we have a very nice feature to select portion of are to record. Video editing was very flexible, coming to the output it was very impressive output we will get after rendering the project. We can be able to save the project in Camtasia file format in future edits also we can use these that was one of the very nice feature. We can split video and audio out of any video that's a cool feature I like it very much. If we want we can record our own voice and append to the video

Cons

Performance wise a bit slow in rendering the project and consuming lot of CPU space Some video formats are not supporting in video editing (ex: .MKV, 4k etc.) Cropping video is not that much flexible So far these are the Cons I have seen

Roxana Georgiana

Industry: Information Services

August 2022

I would recommend it to a beginner

Pros

I learned to use it by myself in a few days, you can create short videos and movie trailers.

Cons

Don’t expect a super quality from the video created. This app is perfect for a beginner. The effects you can add are quite primitive.

Douglas

July 2022

Great Video Editing Software for Windows

I've had a great experience with Camtasia so far. It has been a great resource to have when editing all my videos and creating new videos. It has great features, and is really to use from an user point of view. It also is very easy to train on and learn. Definitely a great alternative to IMovie.

Pros

I like the ease of use and drag and drop features the most on Camtasia. When I am editing or creating a video I usually add multiple clips together, and the drag and drop feature allows my video clip to fall into place right where I need it. The drag and drop feature is also great for text overlays or transitions and makes it much easier to edit videos and place your video/picture clips at the exact place it needs to be. Furthermore, the video editing features are great, and can definitely be a good windows alternative of IMovie.

Cons

There is a limited selection of transitions, text overlays to choose from compared with other video editing softwares. Although I use the same text overlay feature every time, it would be good if there was more/more unique options when editing your video. Also when editing your video, sometimes it is hard to cut the few seconds and sometimes milliseconds out to create a perfect video.

Reasons for choosing Camtasia

From a cost perspective, Camtasia was a better option.

Sunjida

September 2022

It's a complete screen recording and video editing package for beginner.

If you need some basic or medium levels editing works, it will be great. Edit a video that isn't complex like Adobe After Effects or Premiere Pro. I will recommend it to the beginner.

Pros

It's really easy to operate for any kind of user. The user experience is really cool. Only 1 or 2 tutorials are quite enough to master it. You can use it for many purposes like Screen recording, and video editing. The library is quite good for beginners not for advanced users. The screen recording feature is really cool.

Cons

If you want to create an advanced lower third or some advanced effect and transition you find the limitation. The render time is very lengthy to me compared to other software.

Pricing

Rodrigo

Industry: Computer Networking

April 2022

My favorite video editor

Very easy to use, not for advanced editing.

Pros

It is very easy to use and has the essential tools for video editing.

Cons

You cannot make very professional work with it. Sometimes it crashes when importing media.

Reasons for choosing Camtasia

It was the first option and the most rated software that I saw when I looked for easy video editors.

Angie

August 2022

Fantastic for recording demo videos

Camtasia has made recording demos exceptionally easy for anyone.

Pros

Camtasia is extremely easy to get started with. The trial version is fully featured and time-limited. You have 30 days to try out the software. I wanted to record a demo which was fairly complicated and involved lots of different windows. After installing Camtasia, simply load up the software, arrange what you want to record, then press the record button. You can set an area for recording which is helpful when dealing with large displays. After finishing the recording, you can then spend the majority of your time editing the video. Camtasia is not as fully featured as Adobe Premiere, but for this use case it really doesn't need to be. Being able to splice video, add various effects (like speed up), and add audio is sufficient enough. I haven't looked into the more advanced features yet as the basic features are good enough for my needs. Lastly Camtasia enables you to export video in multiple formats and finely tune the size based on the video / audio quality.

Cons

The only gripe I have is that the yearly plan is somewhat pricey for me at $299 per user per year. However they do offer a free upgrade to the next version. And the renewal fee is reasonable at $50. Overall the ease of use is worth the license cost.

September 2022

Perfectly for YouTube video editors!

I have been using camtasia a long time ago, when I had some job connected with Youtube videos. Was one of my first programs to use, and also first program to make something serious!

Pros

Camtasia is program that is not that complex, but still give a lot of to make from it. Easier program, full of features!

Cons

Maybe no few features from top tier editing softwares.

Warren

August 2022

Easy to create video tutorial/screencasts

Pros

As part of my job as a developer advocate, I need to show off code and demo parts of the product and Camtasia makes it easy to do screen recordings with my desktop and my camera and able to edit this.

Cons

Very few I can think of. Some of the built in styles & assets are bit dated looking.

Marco

Standard in streaming tools

We were recording our "how to" videos witch camtasia.

Pros

I find Camtasia very easy to work with. It can be set up by almost anyone without much technological knowledge.

Cons

I have no problem with the tool, everything works as it should.

Versatile Video Creator & Editor Tool

I can create video lessons capturing the screen, slides and sometimes videos, so making a multi-source video. It helps me to show what I see to others.

Pros

It's very intuitive to use with a Mac and easy to learn especially for a non-techie. Some features will need more practice to master.

Cons

Whenever I use Krisp (noise cancellation app), the audio & video go out of sync and I have to manually adjust.

Hassaan

Industry: Farming

Best Editing software

Pros

Easy to use, drag and drop option, increase decrease audio and high quality export to device

Cons

Cracks available no one purchase, after 7 day trail reinstall software and enjoy seven day more and some audio files extension not expecting in this software

JAZE

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Camtasia is fantastic

I couldn't be more pleased with it. I never expected it to exceed my expectations but it did so now I can add it to my arsenal of screen recording software.

Pros

It was very easy to learn, the user interface has a very high-end feel to it and the overall functionality of Camtasia was surprisingly awesome. In all of my years using screen-casting software, this turned out to be one of the most pleasant to use, a lot of people who have used Camtasia can attest to that.

Cons

I personally don't have any gripes with Camtasia, but if I had to nitpick an issue I'd say that the trial version comes with a watermark so whatever project you're doing with it, the watermark will always be there reminding you that you're using a free copy.

Reasons for choosing Camtasia

Camtasia was being used by a colleague of mine while I was visiting his visual studio. He swears by it and told me to do a quick project with it to see if I would like it or not. Needless to say, I was sold on it immediately.

S m

July 2022

‘’Users of various skill levels might produce excellent videos with Camtasia’’

For anyone who has to capture their screen and then edit that recording, I believe Camtasia is fantastic. Camtasia has been used to record presentations on the computer screen. We use these recordings after editing to create webinars or online courses. The software costs a fair amount with a one-time purchase fee. Camtasia is an easy-to-use tool that develops learning experiences that demand desktop visuals while producing content that is entirely compatible with a range of video-carrying devices. Additionally, the application uses pixelation or blurring techniques to conceal information that could otherwise be used to individually identify people to prevent any violations of student confidentiality laws or Institutional Review Board standards. A convenient library of visual pictures, icons, backdrops, and audio beds may be combined with user-generated content to give presentations that are eye-catching "pizzazz." Some educators utilize it to communicate concepts that call for a visual component. Both multiple timeline storage and the inclusion of audio-scrubbing in the editing toolbox would be significant advancements. For illustration, a project might promote

Pros

Every internet project these days needs editing. This covers activities incorporating images, sound, video, and other components. I've used it for more than 6 years. Camtasia was initially used to create instructional videos for students, learners, coworkers, and the online courses my company provides. Camtasia is, in my opinion, relatively easy to use when compared to some of the other products available on the market. Even if we don't have as many bells and whistles, the completed product still feels and looks professional. Rapid video production and transmission. For novices, there are informative courses and supplemental videos. Any variety of media, including PPTs, audio, video, and graphics, can be imported. Training videos can be amazing. They also have fantastic support people. They patch their frequency I would strongly recommend such an item!

Cons

Alternating Period Filters Asset Inventory White Balance modifications Possibly accurate are the audio and screenshot. There might periodically be a delay. On rare occasions, a projected screen will be done but still be listed as a recent project.

Alfredo

The best editing software for educational videos

Camtasia is a program that helps me enormously in my work, although there are very powerful video editors, they become complicated to use and have a very high cost. Its ease of use allows you to obtain quality results without being an expert in the area of video editing. It includes the screenshot tool which works perfectly. The cost-benefit ratio seems very good to me. I definitely recommend it.

Pros

It is a very easy program to use, but at the same time, it is full of tools that make your work easier and allow you to obtain very good results. Among its best features are: - Easy to edit videos, take part of them, make cuts, speed up or slow down and manage layers - You can easily add shapes, arrows, texts and graphic elements, and it is very easy to define their duration and position in the video. - Its screenshot tool is great, it has the correct and enough options, it allows to capture the screen and the webcam at the same time and edit them in separate channels. - It has audio effects, few but functional and well selected, noise reduction, fade in and fade out. No more is needed. - Video pan and zoom tools are easy to use. - The export is simple and different profiles can be handled. - It has subtitle function - Easily separate the sound from the video and you can easily control the volume - Video documentation is very good

Cons

What I think can be improved is really little. - The program takes a while to start, but once opened, it works smoothly even if you don't have a large computer, in my case, with 8 GB of ram I can use it correctly. - Some things are missing customization options, but you rarely miss them - The templates and elements that are included are limited, if you want more they have a cost that seems high to me if you have already paid for the software. - It seems to me that it lacks an autosave option, I have already had to lose a few hours of work due to a power failure.

Reasons for choosing Camtasia

Filmora is a good program, but you have to buy the screen recorder separately, Filmora Pro includes it, but the ease and speed of use required for our purposes is reduced.

Reasons for switching to Camtasia

High cost of Adobe license, very complex use of software, many features not used for our purposes.

Has been indispensible in creating my new video series

I just finished an intensive 6-months project using Camtasia for editing a 30+ hour educational videos series for artists. I had used Camtasia casually for 7-8 years , for fairly small projects, so this was a big step up in my requirements. My timeline generally started with 3 video feeds (3 angles on my work table), a separate audio feed, and Powerpoint slides, then I'd layer in special effects, annotations, and other items. I did have to upgrade my hardware so it could keep up (including an SSD drive) but the software did amazingly well. Since I had been using Camtasia for other work projects for several years, and I've seen improvements in each upgrade. They still put a lot of effort into improving the product. I'm very happy with my results - my videos look professional and well put together. With over 30 hours of video content, it would be easy for the series to become boring, but I can switch camera angles, add transitions, annotations, and other elements which keep it fresh and interesting. I have no hesitation in recommending Camtasia.

Pros

The product seems to be honed in to provide the features that are critical to non-professional video editors. Ease of use is great, and it has all the features I need to create professional videos

Cons

A few bugs have popped up here and there, but they've been fixed quickly. I wish it were a little easier to mix in multiple video angles

Reasons for choosing Camtasia

Twice in the past I've tried Adobe Premier. While Premier has more features for a professional editor, I found it difficult to learn and use. Camtasia seems to be geared towards those who need to do video editing - but not so complicated that you need a college degree to understand what's going on. Each time I tried Premier I quickly went back to Camtasia.

Muhammad

Industry: Graphic Design

As a YouTuber and a Freelancer you need Camtasia Software

I was not an expert in video editing and started using Camtasia. And now I am a graphic designer and still, I am using Camtasia because of its highly friendly interface. I used to create videos for my youtube channel, for my Facebook page, and for my clients. Each time Camtasia is going to help me a lot. I can create an intro I want, simply by using Camtasia templates. I can edit video without hesitation of lagging problem. But I don't like its loading time, It often used to take too much time while exporting a video, uploading a video on youtube, or doing sharing with Camtasia. But I am expecting that the Camtasias team is working on this and it is going to resolve very soon.

Pros

The best thing I like about Camtasia is the savings project as a file. You can stop working on your project anytime you want and may reopen it whenever you wish to continue. It is not going to crash like other cheap software. Once you complete your project, You can export this in any format which you want. I like this feature because I am a freelancer and I used to work on 2 to e projects same time. Sometimes I need to stop my first project and need to continue another project. Here Camtasia saved project will help me a lot and it is never going to troubleshoot or crash. You may import hundred of videos and it is never going to lag even a little bit. It is also going to work smoothly also on small systems e.g having 4GB ram or low on Hard disk-like 70GB.

Cons

Opening software takes too much time but it's okay, But there is no sense of loading again when I am going to opening my saved project. I like the software too much but I wish that the Camtasia team should have a look at this and need to improve this one. I can't afford so much patience that I will use to wait while it's being opening. Another thing I want to mention here, It has limited access to templates. There should be an option of importing custom templates. The quantity of icons in the media library is also limited although there is an option of downloading from techsmith website but i am unable to do so.

Reasons for switching to Camtasia

I used to switch Camtasia from Filmora just because of the annotation feature.

Rogelio

Great video editing software perfect for tutorials

I've been using this for so long I forgot. Camtasia has improved a lot and it replaced my video editing software. I use to make tutorials for my clients and this helps me create them in a professional way and make adjustments super quick. I have a maintenance contract that may require more training from their agents. I had to explain a problem 3 times to finally have someone to watch over me. I was treated like a regular joe when I am paying a support contract. The third guy really replied and followed me up. The first 2 guys didn't even care much.

Pros

it's aimed to videotutorial creators. Easy to use, fast to edit videos, very comfortable to work with

Cons

Some details like the fonts outlines that end up as little boxes around each letter and some features that should work better like the templates to have all the fonts and colors on the whole project... well that doesn't work.

Reasons for choosing Camtasia

Easy to use and screen recording options

Reasons for switching to Camtasia

Editor is way easier and faster. Powerdirector has the audio/video sync that excels from the rest and Camtasia lacks it as it lacks video stabilizers etc. But Camtasia is aimed for video tutorials creators so it has all the tools for this and make the job a pleasure.

Camtasia Review

I use Camtasia to record and create professional training video for my courses, webinars, and for post-production recorded Zoom live session. It’s very easy to create another similar video, using templates, video placeholders or simply copy-paste an existing project and replace existing media with a new one. It is less feature-rich than Adobe Premiere, but you can’t beat its simplicity. Also, TechSmith delivers amazing support tutorials to help you learn how to use the platform.

Pros

Camtasia is very easy to use and has enough features to make your video looks professional. Has templates and video placeholders that are very useful when you create similar videos. It has quite a few video effects. It has auto sound normalizer and noise reduction (is not perfect, but it helps). Camtasia comes with a Screen Recorder that is integrated with the editor. After recording, you have the option to auto create a Camtasia project and add the recorded video to it. Can capture mouse and you can edit it later (like size or hide it). Camtasia also smooth the mouse movements. You can explain better some topics using text overlay (very easy to create, extend, or add effects). Supports green screen. It’s easy to import video and photos created in other application. You can post videos directly to YouTube from within the application.

Cons

Sometimes I need to be exact when cutting and splicing a video or audio and I miss one or two steps of zooming-out the media. The software was freezing on a laptop without a graphics card (rarely). Camtasia doesn’t have the possibility to change the editing speed. But I managed to do it using a workaround: changing the media speed and before exporting don’t forget to change it back to normal. For a long video, rendering takes a lot. Audio processing is a bit limited (for more control you should use another tool like Audacity) If you hear that Camtasia can import PowerPoint slides, don’t be too enthusiast about that, it will import them as photos only. Doesn’t import/replicate any effect or text.

May 2022

The first step towards video editing.

I have used it for a long time, I have been using it for more than 3 years, and after gaining experience with the video editing method and taking the basics, I began to dig deeper into more professional software.

Pros

Camtasia is the first program I have used in my life to edit my videos, had it not been for the use of this program in the beginning, I would not have been able to use more professional programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. I've used it for a long time and through it I've moved on and digging into other programs, and I admit it's an excellent program and a lot of people have gotten started with it. I used it for two things, the first is to edit my videos, and the second is to record my screen It is a very easy-to-use feature, the user interface is very simple, it has a lot of ready-made transitions between videos, as well as special transitions for texts, and also photo animations, you can put video subtitles, add graphic shapes and arrows, there are some sound effects that you can use very quickly In processing files and exporting videos. Camtasia targets the novice user in this field, because you can create simple videos of very high quality.

Cons

Camtasia lacks the most important feature, which is automatic saving, when the power is cut off, all the project I was working on disappeared, and I had to go back to build the entire work Also, it does not have professional transitions like in other programs, it is light, simple and limited in use.

Arun Sarathy

March 2022

Best Video Editor for People in Beginners - Intermediate stage

Pros

Ease of use - after (of course) going through a few tutorials you can see the power of Camtasia while using it for editing videos. I have been using it for more than 5 years now for creating videos (for my YouTube channel). Often, I get asked which video tool I use after seeing my work. Camtasia is not that expensive if you see the value it brings in terms of quality editing. Of course, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like the Adobe family of tools but it does its job really well. It's capacity to create 'favorites' on any custom animation I create, specific graphics, tools within Camtasia - is a game changer. I only have to go to my 'Favorites' folder within Camtasia because I put all my frequently used tools in there, which speeds up my video editing / creation process. Another pro is its ability to connect my mobile from within Camtasia. This helps me in transferring my photos and videos to directly into the editor.

Cons

Not a con, but sometimes, the rendering takes a while to complete, especially for longer videos. I know my system config plays a critical role here but I somehow feel some magic solution can help in speeding up the rendering process. Another minor annoyance I have is that sometimes (I mean quite rarely) it crashes while working. I believe, it should never crash since my video editing is critical to my nature of work. So whenever it does (not often) I feel bad.

Mohan Lal

May 2022

My favorite software for Video Editing

My overall experience with Camtasia has been good. And, just like any other software, it gets easier and more fun creating/editing videos in Camtasia as you know more about the software & basics of Video Editing. Camtasia is good if you are looking for basic Video Editing software. But, if we talk about Videos that require advanced editing, visual effects e.g. in the case of Cinematic videos, etc. then I would recommend comparing with alternative options to see which one fits the goal.

Pros

Camtasia has all the required features, and a simple UI to help you create polished Videos without needing to spend too much time learning the software. Talking about most favorite features, I like the 'remove a color' effect, callouts, transition effects, & animations. These features help in creating professional-looking videos. For example, after you record a video with the green screen, you can then remove the background color using the 'remove a color' option, and, later you can add callouts with effects, animations, etc. to make the video more engaging. Camtasia also has easy to use screen recording feature, which comes in handy when you need to create PPT-based videos, or need to record a short clip for inserting into your final video. Another thing I like about the software is, that you can group the elements on the video timeline, so when you are creating an element with too many effects, and animations combined; then you can group those elements to show as one element. Also, you can copy & paste these created elements into the new project file, which helps in reducing your editing time when you need to use an already created element.

Cons

There aren't many options related to Audio corrections in Camtasia. Also, the color correction options are not that good either if we compare it to options in software like Premiere Pro CC.

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

March 2022

Everything you need to produce quality content

Very good, great support and provides relevant updates each year that have been helpful. I can't see a better option for me and I would certainly recommend if you are a beginner.

Pros

Editing is very thorough and I can find a rhythm that saves me time with editing. Screen capture and voice recording is very convenient. I can't say the same for other software.

Cons

It's harder to use Camtasia on a Mac, vs PC so when I use my mac the commands are different and that throws me off. I'm much more proficient with it on a PC, so I avoid doing too much with it on my Mac.

Reasons for choosing Camtasia

Better price and a simple option vs Adobe (seemed to complex)

Reasons for switching to Camtasia

Camtasia has a far better screen capture and convenience for editing. Much more robust for the volume of content I produce. And also, best option for desktop or pc

Sven

Amazing Videosoftware Camtasia

Overall, I'm happy that Camtasia was recommended to me. I have super-equipped software that I can use to create all of my videos and audios as an online course developer. Uploading to video platforms is also really quick and easy. It is a lot of fun to take pictures with the green screen and then display a news studio. Camtasia makes my job easier for me.

Pros

There are many functions and they are very intuitive. I was a beginner and quickly found success with my first beautiful video. You can merge many tracks for pictures, Power Point, music and speech. Videos and audios can be edited very nicely. Cutting is also very easy with the functions. There are plenty of ready-made templates in the internal library. Any format can also be imported from the computer. Price and performance are absolutely appropriate. I have signed a maintenance contract and can use the latest version with better and better functions every year. Great.

Cons

I found the many setting options a little difficult at the beginning. It took something to recognize the changes when attitudes were different. A help display with a hint would be good if you create an intro, for example, and fill in the data. Kind of an indication that it is to be saved for further, later videos. The result is very large files that I have moved to external hard drives. Importing them from there was cumbersome but feasible.

Camtasia