• Pros

• "Easy to use and not very complicated to set up."

• "I liked how everything in this program was very easy and straightforward, giving anyone the ability to start streaming or recording video from the display within minutes of use and experience. "

• "It's very easy to navigate. I needed something to record and stream, and this was my choice and I never look back. "

• Cons

• "As configurações poderiam ser um pouco mais fáceis, mas está bastante acessivel."

• "It is a little hard to learn how to use (not very user friendly at first) but after a while you get use to it and are able to find everything you want after about a month of being really lost. "

• "If you have little or no technical knowledge, you may require some help to get started as it can be a little confusing. This, however, is true of most streaming software."

Browse OBS Studio Reviews

Ian from Ryde School with Upper Chine

Fantastic software for streaming

As someone that has used OBS for many years, it is amazing to see how far it has come. With support for multiple streaming services, plus local recording (which we often use for creating user tutorials), it has been an amazing tool to use for streaming educational/informative content for work. With multiple scenes and sources setup and bound to keyboard shortcuts, I can quickly switch between them to ensure the viewer sees exactly what I need them to.

Pros

Incredible number of features Easy to setup and use Support for many different streaming services No costs involved

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

XSplit offered very little extra in content, but cost significantly more.

Bring remote teaching to the next level

By using OBS forums and some Youtube videos I got started in a few days and could manage my online lessons by myself, giving them a more professional and effective touch. I then learned how to bring outside speakers and computers into the show, and the possibilities were amazing.

Pros

OBS Studio is a free video editing software with lots of helful functions for live sessions. You can set up multiple shots (close-ups, half-length, etc.) and bring multiple elements into your scene (e.g., another computer screen to use as background, an external camera, even a co-host that is broadcasting via his/her cell-phone and that you can put next to you on the same screen!). Features are almost endless, but you have to learn about them via the product's forums and install them as separate addons. The whole thing can be connected to Zoom, Teams, Skype etc (OBS may start a "virtual camera" that you can choose as a video source within each of those softwares). You can use captions, filters, etc... and switch shot by just pressing a shortcut key (e.g.: F1 is the close-up, F2 is the external co-host, F3 is the Powerpoint presentation, etc.). It brings new life to your remote teaching, providing effective solutions and keeping students involved and entertained. Although it may take a while to learn, i found it an excellent investment.

Cons

Like many video-editing programs, it is CPU- and memory-hungry and eats up a lot a PC resources. Accordingly, it may freeze or crash if your PC is not strong enough to cope with the load. The fact that it is open and community-developed does not help. There are commercial alternatives that are more streamlined but less flexibles (and expensive), and you may decide to turn to them at a later stage.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

Since I wanted to experiment and was unsure whether I would manage to use a full video-editing platform, I liked the fact that this solution was free of charge and had a large community of users that I could turn to for advice

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

Much more flexibility, and I can still use Collaborate to just broadcast my live sessions.

Jason from Fellowship Bible Church

Industry: Music

Free and relatively painless

Overall, I have found this program to be dependable. It runs every week, and I have not had to troubleshoot anything in the program in over a YEAR. That alone is commendable for a program that I run on a weekly basis. I run apple products that need more hands-on management than this program. The interface is not as sleek, but it gets the job done. Give me a little more control over audio and video syncing, and some transition effects, and I would be slamming the #5 stars across the board.

Pros

IT IS FREE. May all of my complains and frustrations with this software be safely tucked under the umbrella of a customer who is pleased at the end of the day with a product that is reliable and costs him nothing. That is a miracle and I believe that it is getting easier and easier to use. I love the fact that once I have everything set up in the back end of the program, I can get going with one click. I use this program to record and live-stream our Sunday morning services at Church. On the off-chance that the wifi goes down or something, the ability to continue recording to an external drive has saved us on more than one occasion. It handles the basics such as screen sharing, adding logos, and even some basic audio input options very well. Overall, I am extremely pleased and it made the ability to live-stream in a church of 200 people affordable and attainable.

Cons

Set-up was a long process of educating myself with very little reward and no long-term application for the knowledge that I gained. There seems to be certain settings that you need to select for different types of streaming. Having to wade through numerous youtube videos in order to find what I needed specifically, was not fun. I would love for this software to develop presets for different purposes. Most all gamers tend to used the same presets with some variation depending on their individual internet speeds. Why not have a preset for gamers and another preset for bloggers, or live-streamers? I don't think it would take much and with a few basic questions, the program could do a lot of the heavy lifting that makes the back end of OBS a pain to work with. Additionally the interface, while more intuitive than most open-source programs, does leave something to be desired. I often have to click through all of the setting options in order to find specific settings that need adjustment. Also, I have been running into issues with syncing external audio with the video during live streaming. The video buffer seems to be inconsistent, so the audio and video will start out synced and randomly get out of wack.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

Price and or internal features offered

German Liber from Raro&Oscuro

OBS, the king of streaming (on budget) studios

It was a slow learning curve and at first really confused me, but OBS Studio was the best solution for my project. While looking at the stream I really thought it looked professional, and I was very satisfied.

Pros

I started using OBS while doing a film series in my city, the project was open to the public, but the pandemic forced me to turn the thing into an online project. I used a lot of streaming software at first, skipping OBS for no reason, but when I tried the software I was in awe. The whole package its free to use, while limited sometimes, if you learn how to set it up (Wiki and guides are really useful on the official website), you're good to go. I like to think about OBS as a solution for basic or minimalistic projects. On audio, you can set different audio tracks, separate them and record them. About video, the settings for streaming are useful if your internet connection it's not too good or if your PC/laptop it's not the most powerful out there. The software was using a lot of ram on my laptop at first, but after tweaking the settings a bit, it became really lightweight. You can add a capture device, you can capture your own desktop, a window, you can even add GIFs, images and videos and resize them or drag them through the screen. And yes, you can record on .H264, and that's one of the best things about it. Rookie streamer, if you're reading this and want to take a challenge, download and install OBS right now, it's the best solution for your project if you're on a tight budget.

Cons

As said, sometimes it lags the computer a bit if you didn't set up the whole thing correctly. The instructions guide it's really extensive and things are kind of hard to understand if you're a novice (YouTube tutorials can help you a lot on this).

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

OBS it's free and open source, and I chose it because I had zero money on the project.

Roya from Royameadow

The Recorder and Broadcaster's Homeland: OBS Studio, the Free Resource

OBS Studio is the successor to the original Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) application, delivering a lot of serious Quality of Life benefits to the software and allowing for a more Professional Grade look while also not having nearly as many problems as the original OBS suffered from; while OBS Studio suffered in its earlier years because many of those who adopted to this from the original OBS were on noticeable lower end hardware (such as myself), the performance handicaps that it suffered from have only dissipated over time as computer hardware evolved and allowed for more accessibility; now plentiful games, applications, and videos that were attempted to be recorded and/or aired using the software five years ago are noticeably easier to run now and that is essential towards the future of its life going forward. In 2016, I personally used OBS Studio to get back into Live Broadcasting, with me even recording the first and only North American commentary of Star Cruiser (Sharp X68000) on the application in July of 2019, and with the improvements that have come as it evolved, I can easily recommend OBS Studio to anybody getting into any form of Yellow Collar work; it may require some messing around with the settings to optimize certain projects, but the end result will always pay off far better than anticipated, it's not often that one finds free resources such as this and OBS Studio will forever remain on your person if you need to record or go on the air without a hitch.

Pros

~ Virtually Lossless recording quality when capturing footage locally in any available framerate and resolution provided by the software. ~ Plentiful visual effects and the ability to layer multiple images and clips allows for a Broadcast Quality and Professional Grade template and appeal for any project or Live airing. ~ Customization of User Interface themes allows for proper Eye Care when in Dark Mode. ~ Users of the software who are running an Intel CPU that has QuickSync will see a reduced load on their Graphics Card by about 05% to help improve performance and stability in GPU~intensive workloads.

Cons

~ RAM consumption is high and not meant for modern systems with 016 GB or less without the proper CPU and Graphics Card combo. ~ Users who have a CPU and Graphics Card with a low core/thread/pipeline count, frequency, and VRAM can expect noticeable framerate dips and massive performance instabilities, especially when using hardware that is running on older architectures. ~ Footage may occasionally get inexplicably cropped Horizontally when imported into Vegas Pro and other video editing software for Post~Production. ~ Not fully compatible with all forms of Video Capture devices, Webcams, and Professional Grade Cameras (though there are workarounds for some forms of hardware).

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

As stated, I upgraded to OBS Studio from the original OBS, the latter of which was optimized better for lower end CPU/GPU/RAM combos while Studio handled the more Heavy Duty workloads on HEDT (High End Desktop) systems; while there are some production elements that make OBS Studio feel a bit more limited than Classic OBS (certain features in Classic OBS were not carried over to Studio), the upgrade to Studio was ultimately a mandatory situation, as the original was getting discontinued at a certain point and many users had to force themselves to get used to the new platform in a similar fashion to how many websites may change their layout and API every year or few. Overall though, the transition from Classic OBS to OBS Studio was a smooth one, though I am still critical of the fact that Studio lacks certain features and display mechanics that were done better in the original; in the event that these are ever brought back, then I will happily change my mindset on Studio as it is at the time of typing, both incarnations of the software are good in their own right and a Hybrid of the two would be an ideal change for the software going forward.

Christopher from Southern Columbia Area SD

Inexpensive solution to your streaming video production needs

We use the OBS box as a headend for an RTMP stream. Using OBS gave us far more control over the output to the streaming site, including the ability to transition from various sources and add overlays to the outgoing video.

Pros

Wide variety of features and effects. Highly customizable. Active development team and user forums group. In latest version, OBS output can be configured as a virtual web camera compatible with popular video conferencing software. OBS is also a highly effective for recording desktop presentations or walkthroughs.

Cons

The learning curve is very steep. Documentation is available but is written for the tech savvy. Certain esoteric bugs are long standing and have not been fixed necessitating workarounds.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

OBS is free, which we found appealing. The feature set for both Xsplit and OBS were essentially the same.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

We were using a BoxCast digital encoding rig to stream a daily student run television show. Using OBS we were able to return the hardware box and set up out own RTMP streaming system using left over hardware from the tech lab.

Thomas from Clickback

The Best Option for Streaming, Bar None

I use OBS for various livestreams that I manage throughout the week and it's perfect. Once you've got your scenes and everything set up the way you want, it's one button push an you're off to the races.

Pros

There's not much to dislike about this software. I've been using it pretty consistently for 5 years, and if you're looking to manage any kind of livestream, there aren't many options that come close to this. It allows you to manage multiple scenes, add custom transitions/overlays, create hotkeys, etc. I could go on, but I have never even considered switching software.

Cons

There's literally nothing to dislike about the software. Not only is it completely free, it's the premier streaming platform. It's constantly evolving and getting better. The only thing I could possibly say is there's a potential learning curve, but if you have any background in video production, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

OBS is free. While, yes, there might be something of a learning curve, there's no reason to pay for any other software, because OBS does literally anything you would need it to do.

My review of OBS Studio

I am very satisfied with this Software and I would recommend it to friend, as it is easy to use and has good audio and video quality.

Pros

I like using this Software while playing games with friends for instance and also my fiancée started using it to record her Spanish lessons, without any prior knowledge of this Software or any intro from me, so I can confirm that this Software is really user friendly and that anyone can use it with ease.

Cons

It would be nice to have a little intro for new users, who never used this Software before and who don't know that they need to Setup the Scene and add every Source one by one and configure the device which is being used by that Source.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

At first I tried using Anydesk option to record some of my projects, but it used to break every once a while and videos were taking a lot of the hdd space. Also, I was unable to view those recording with any other Software besides Anydesk and they used to break a lot during the play.

Christopher from Christopher Hemsworth Art and Design

The only screen recording app you need

I am an artist and designer and have recorded many time lapse videos, as well as art process videos, wherein I record my screen. That is just scratching the surface too, you can take it so much further. Screen in screen, switching on the fly from one screen to another for live broadcasting, custom overlays and inserts, the list goes on and on! This software is free and incredible. I cannot recommend it enough!

Pros

OBS Studio is amazing. First of all it's FREE. But quite honestly it is my go-to for screen recording over my built-in Quicktime screen recorder (on Mac) because of the versatility, quality control, ability to customize, and so many more features.

Cons

It can be complicated at first, but there are plenty of online tutorials and guides to get you up and running quickly.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

Honestly PRICE was a huge motivator, but unlike other situations, OBS wasn't stripped down and just a basic free app, it was just as robust as you could have hoped for with a paid app. Plus there is a huge devoted community to OBS as well.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

I switched from using my computers inherent screen recorder (Apple Quicktime) to OBS Studio because I wanted more control over what I was recording and how I was recording it. OBS did NOT disappoint and in fact gave me more than I could have even imagined.

nOBS Studio

Painless. Previously software was a processor / memory hog. With OBS I have had limited to no issues with our machines crashing or slowing. I want to thank those who work on the code and congratulate them on the work they 'continue' to do.

Pros

First, it's open source. I always feel like I'm getting a great product when it's open source. Second, so easy to install and good help documents to get started. Work instantly with our machines and devices. Third, the options for us to enhance our recordings and live streams, without post production, is priceless. No more spending hours after a session in the editor.

Cons

What I like least is really one reason I selected it, MANY features. I like it least only because I haven't been able to dive into the overall functionality which, I'm certain, will benefit our productions even more.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

Needed something that wouldn't crash the machines, something with more 'studio' flexibility and something that was easy to use for others.

Kai from Planet Dolan

Industry: Animation

An argument for open source software

OBS is the best option for streaming I have used. Any time a website uses its own propriatary streaming software, or an integrated browser extension, I seek out a way to use my favorite settings on obs. Although it is not perfect, most of the issues I've had do have workarounds, mostly on the OBS forums. Overall, I would enjoy easier integration of twitch alerts, and custom animations, but it is still my platform of choice.

Pros

OBS has the widest support for plugins, features and formats to source into a single scene. Coupled with it's grouping feature, it is simple to create scenes that are professional, and high quality. It is also compatible with most any streaming platform, with customizable features, and profile management making the jump between platforms straightforward and easy. Not to mention the integration with the elgato stream deck is amazing, and has allowed me to use OBS in ways it was not originally intended (cue'd premade video assets for a live show)

Cons

Sometimes the software has issues, many of which are resolved by restarting the software, but in particular, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to fully eliminate the CPU overload error. I was having problems with it until a recent re configuring of my desktop PC, but during the issue, I had to rely almost completely on console games captured through the elgato capture card, rather than force modern games to share cpu/gpu with OBS. As mentioned, this has since been mostly resolved, but optimising the program/changing the settings as per the recommended fixes was not as effective as simply altering the host computer. On occasion, a scene I have recently built will become inaccessible and crash obs, leaving me to recreate it under a new name.

Casey from blues

Best streaming software on the market

At the time I switched over to OBS, I was using the now defunct "Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder" (a mouthful). OBS was a massive improvement over existing streaming applications for a multitude of reasons. FMLE was showing it's age (and lack of support). XSplit was a heavyweight when it came to hardware requirements. And other software on the market was obscure and occupied the same space as XSplit.. only XSplit did it better. And then came OBS. Free, lightweight, open source. It was fantastic. I've never used another streaming app since.

Pros

Well for one, obviously the price tag- can't go wrong with free. But not only is it free, it's lightweight and simple. I've taught many people how to stream using OBS.

Cons

The interface can be a bit of a pain to use. It's a little too simple in my opinion. Some more functionality baked into the main UI could go a long way. This is mostly solved with the "Streamlabs OBS" version, which is built on top of OBS. Honestly it's been a while since I had to use the profile functionality, but admittedly it was a bit lacking when I did have to use it.

Giovanna from Self employed

Reliable tool for recording and streaming!

I have used OBS to successfully stream video gameplay with minimal to no latency or problems. I have also used OBS to record tutorials on how to use different software for work-related projects. Overall, it provided me with exactly what I was looking for.

Pros

I downloaded OBS some years back when streaming was starting to kick off. I considered a handful of different streaming programs, but I keep coming back to this one. OBS works great because it is lightweight and powerful. It doesn't take up a lot of memory space, doesn't create lag or latency and the screen recording delay is minimal. If you are playing a game and streaming, it doesn't slow your FPS (frames per second) rate, and it works great with any decent computer set up out there. If you can run any of the popular games out there, you can run OBS. It works great with Twitch, and it being open sourced means it is a budding streamer's best friend. Simple tools let you manage your screen recordings along with sound, screen transitions, and a captioning option; while providing extra tools that help streamline your projects. With a tool kit that is practical and easy to understand, OBS excels at providing just what you want for your screen recording and streaming needs.

Cons

OBS isn't tailored to any specific use or website. It focuses on general use for streaming and/or screen recording. For this reason, it lacks some of the flash and bang that other streaming software may be able to provide. Although the tools are easy to understand, it's not as intuitive as other programs and may require a little time to learn, especially if you are not familiar with similar software.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

Overall, OBS is affordable (being open sourced), has great updates, and is lightweight while still giving me both screen recording and streaming tools. I found a few other programs didn't perform well, didn't save in the format or resolution I was looking for. I also experienced problems where the audio fell out of sync with the image. I have never had any of these issues while using OBS, which is why it's been my number one, most reliable choice for several years now.

John from Johnbie Crawl Thrus

OBS is great for streaming and recording!

Overall, using OBS has been a really good experience. Once you begin to learn the ropes and get an understanding of what the terms mean and the ways that they can affect streams and recordings, it becomes a very valuable tool for content creation that streamlines a lot of the finer details of a streaming and recording setup and allows one to focus on making content.

Pros

OBS is software that really helped to make my streams and recordings really simple to manage. I stream and record most of my gameplay from Xbox One and with OBS I am able to use a simple set up to add personality and flair to my streams. I can also integrate OBS into my operation to stream to places such as YouTube, FaceBook, and Twitch using overlays which aren't provided natively by the Xbox One console which really helps one to stand out amongst other streamers. Set up is relatively easy because the OBS software has features that can detect what you have available and set itself up based on the specifications that it detects. When it comes to recording, using the capture software allows me to add overlays and things such as watermarks to content as it records as well as set up audio options such as microphones and the levels of audio that it records. Getting help is quite simple since there are many forums and other ways to find information and tips online as well as turotials provided by the developers themselves.

Cons

What I liked the least about this software was probably trying to understand what some of the options would do once I began to explore the program and options that it offers. Being new to streaming at the time, it was more or less a problem not having a good understanding of how to set things up overall. Once I spent some time browsing forums and the other sources of help regarding OBS, I found that it was pretty easy to understand how to adjust things as I needed to.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

At the time that I chose OBS, I was using an outdated laptop. While searching for a solution to fit my needs, I had come across quite a few people that recommended OBS since it didn't require much to run. Once I downloaded and found out that it would work on my old laptop just fine, I kept using it.

Andrei from JeFawk Games

Industry: Computer Games

The best free recording and streaming software but not without problems.

OBS saved us money from buying a paid software for recording and streaming. The community providing tutorials is quite big so it was kinda easy to get into using the program. It may be a bit more complex than other programs but that's also a con and a pro. As long as you know that some applications won't get recognized and you'll have to use a display capture you're good using OBS (some programs from the competition have the same issues) This might sound weird and impossible but it would be great if they had a way to not film the OBS frame using a display capture for people with only 1 screen.

Pros

OBS Studio is a great free application for recording and streaming. The best thing about OBS is the amount of customizations, settings, and options you have along with the plugins. This can also be a problem however (read more in Cons). A great improvement to OBS is that for a few updates now it has Twitch UI integration where you can setup your stream info and talk to people on their chat. There are a lot of recording/streaming options and the studio part provides great tools for long streams where you must also act as the director moving from one camera to another, adding transition effects, moving text, etc. The amount of plugins available makes integrating with Twitch, Youtube, etc work really well especially if you're getting donations.

Cons

My biggest problem with OBS is that certain games are not recognized so the only thing to do is to use the display capture. This is quite an issue since not all streamers know of this and as a game developer myself I can see how this could hinder some people from streaming/recording our products. Another con would be that there is no basic mode to set things up, even though they have an Advanced tab in the settings, the "basic" settings are still quite advanced.

Zachery from N.Y.S.

Industry: Law Enforcement

Streaming made easy

Positive, I have been a streamer since Starcraft 2 came out and will continue to be one into many more games. This software is amazing for being free.

Pros

For a free product this is what I use to stream. I like that it is pretty simple to use, easy walkthroughs, it's pretty much click, click ready. But the best feature has got to be how easy it is to make each layer overtop of the other. My stream has 6 layers Game,Webcam,greenscreen, followers screen,donation screen, and gamer tag. Each super easy to set up and super easy to maintain.

Cons

I don't like that it is very demanding on your pc when you start running everything through it, but then again it is a streaming software, and free so who am I to complain.

Didn't care for it.

Tyler from Meridix

Powerful, free encoder that anyone can use

This is by far the best free streaming software out there. Works will nearly all hardware and streaming platforms. Needs hardware with a lot of CPU (or GPU) but works well when it gets them.

Pros

OBS is an incredibly powerful live streaming (and recording) x264 encoder software with a feature set that rivals some of the biggest names in the space - but all open source, and completely free. The breadth of production capabilities is impressive, including overlays, source/camera switching, source mixing, media file playback, and much more. OBS also has direct integrations with many popular hardware devices and streaming platforms, making setup quick and easy.

Cons

Occasionally we have found performance to be an issue, where even on the heftiest hardware the encoding process will still max out resources or drop frames. In addition, it can sometimes be difficult to find certain settings and features (intuitiveness), but this is also rare. Better formal documentation would be helpful, though usually asking a question in the forums will bring a helpful answer.

Open source, price

Jessica from Little Apron Academy

"Okay'' For what it Does

Overall, despite my recent comments, I DO recommend this to other Streamers or content creators. And I know many others that do, too. The program really has enough of a following and dedicated creators that want to keep working with and through problems. The Discord Chat provided and the aid of other content creators has me coming back, working constantly WITH OBS despite its flaws, and looking forward to further improvement. Keep it up! You are doing alright, Team!

Pros

I actually enjoy using this program! Sometimes it can get buggy after an update or freezes up when about to use it. But the customer service availability is good, so I feel pretty well supported and put in the right direction if I need help or advice. I use this to Stream on a regular basis for charity, and it's gotten the job done. Sometimes not perfectly, but usually rather tolerable.

Cons

Updates can set stream time back at time and it can be tricky to backtrack. So, the unpredictability in that regard can be frustrating.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

PLENTY of people recommended it and would use OBS. I was seeing just how well they were doing. Them offering to help out should I have any problems was encouraging. So, I switched and use SLOBS to this day!

Stacey from Wild Technologies

Customized streaming solution on a budget.

OBS provides an excellent way to either stream live demonstrations of software to YouTube, including voice-over audio, picture in picture to provide a talking head view in the corner of the stream. Recording streams allows for editing and uploading video compilations to multiple streaming platforms.

Pros

Integrates well with most common streaming platforms from YouTube to Facebook, Twitch and others. Simple user interface allows for quickly getting up and running with streaming or even screen capture. Support for multiple platforms allows for hosting streaming from Linux, Windows and MacOS. The interface is consistent between platforms. Supports both streaming and recording, both individually and simultaneously. Embed picture in picture, picture in video, video in video. Overlay text, graphics or a number of sources controlling placement and visibility. Inputs support webcams, screen capture including window or selection based. Capture game output as well as software demonstrations useful for tutorials as well as demonstrations, all live. Multi-track audio control so you can switch between audio tracks as well as overlay multiple audio tracks, adjusting volume and mix levels. Commercial support available through StreamLabs Prime for a low monthly fee.

Cons

Does not support streaming to multiple destination streaming platforms simultaneously unless you have the commercial StreamLabs Prime version. Does not have built-in support for sharing a source input. There are technical methods to do both streaming to multiple streaming destinations through use of the command-line open source tool ffmpeg. You could also split an input source using ffmpeg and use it to feed multiple copies of OBS to stream to multiple destination streaming platform simultaneously, but that method is complicated if you are not familiar with ffmpeg.

Stefan from Gimnazija i ekonomska skola "Jovan Jovanovic Zmaj"

OBS/Review

I use this app when playing games to show my friends, sometimes I turn on stream mode when I feel a little lonely in the game or when I am having a little fun.

Pros

The program is easy to use, once you have completed the required settings that fit your computer's parameters, it remains to select the broadcast source and broadcast source and then start the process. There is no limit to adding videos and other elements, and it is possible to save a local file to your computer during the stream. The program allows you to select a full-screen mode or a specific area, and you can further control the process by using hot keys, which is very convenient and saves time. Pre-installed popular streaming platforms, including Twitch, are available in OBS settings, but you can manually add addresses and make other changes. Audio is recorded from the microphone and the internal channel of the computer, and it is possible to adjust the volume, for example, to add another background sound.

Cons

The disadvantage of the program is the inability to broadcast simultaneously with several resources and incompatibilities with legacy operating systems (Windows XP), as a result of increased functionality, increased power of the computer, but owners of old computers can help the classic version of the software.

Paul from ReformedNerd

Filled With Customization Options

Great system with great flexibility and customization options. Serves all needs I have, or at the very least, can be used with other systems to achieve the same end. I would strongly recommend.

Pros

I went with OBS due to the ability to simultaneously steam and record video content, which not many of the free apps allow for. Beyond this, the system allows for multiple sources merged into a single output, with the ability to incorporated a near unlimited number of other apps, browser sources, etc. The quality of the output is good, with great customization options to get the best result based on your systems ability, as well as the ability to swap between encoders to best utilize your system resources.

Cons

I would approve of a few additional built-in customizations. For example, additional transitions between sources would be advantageous, multiple stream outputs to various services, or the ability to better manage audio (in regards to what OBS picks up, in which it could have a built-in multiple channel option for desktop audio, rather than capture all desktop audio by default). While these can certainly be fixed with 3rd party apps and hardware, having them built-in would be advantageous.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

Ability to record while streaming.

Michelle from EchostarMedia

Anyone Can Become A Broadcaster

I am relatively new to live streaming - I didn't even know something as sophisticated as OBS could be obtained for free! It's not necessarily newbie-friendly. You are expected to kind of know what you're doing or at least go read up on the processes. There is a ton of support in the way of user groups, online tutorials, mountains of user-created videos explaining how things work, and there are lots of add-ons and some pretty cool forks of the project as well (a fork is a branch off from the original open source program that's being developed in a slightly different direction). I play in a band and we recently began live streaming one show a month and OBS has been instrumental in this project.

Pros

Open source and still free, supported by 3rd parties, lots of great informational and instructional videos on YouTube because this software enables anyone to create online broadcasts, so yeah, they're gonna be on YouTube, lots of integrated extras, runs on some less robust computers.

Cons

The only problem I have experienced that wasn't user error or learning-curve related is that I own more than one Chinese import action cam and OBS identifies them both as by the same name (because they have the same internal components) and if the software, or the cameras, or the computer gets turned off and back on (power outage, cable comes loose, you take a break and Windows updates and reboots your computer while you're asleep) OBS cannot re-identify these cameras reliably and often gets them mixed up. It is possible that the computer identifier for these cameras is where the lack of distinction comes from, but it's annoying enough that I have since gone to using only one hardwired camera and everything else is IP cam to eliminate this problem of constantly having to guess which iteration of "UVC Camera" is cam 1.

Streaming for the masses

I use OBS as a recording and streaming for personal, freelance work, and volunteer work.

Pros

OBS is an extremely capable piece of broadcasting software capable of anything from basic recordings to broadcasting on platforms such as Twitch.tv, YouTube, Facebook, or even to a custom streaming server. Configuring OBS is very easy for beginners, with many basic configuration options and even a setup wizard to help you get stream settings configured in minutes. However, if you are an advanced user, there are many options for setting up recording, ingest settings, audio, and hotkeys. Because of the wide range of configuration available in OBS, anything from basic screen capture to professional-level broadcasting using multiple scenes, video sources, and effects are possible. Because of the popularity of OBS, there exists an abundant supply of tutorials, guides, and user support that will help resolve any issues you may encounter when configuring and using OBS.

Cons

OBS is still currently being developed, so there may be some features that are not implemented or minor bugs. Because of these issues, OBS may not be the best tool for critical applications compared to similar, paid programs. Additionally, the open source nature of the product means that there is not an official support channel to go to for proper, professional assistance.

Brian from Ravenwood

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Best Streaming Software on the market

I have a great time using OBS it allows me to stream every day without hitch or spending a dime it's a great software to use.

Pros

OBS provides me with literally the best tools for streaming and because it's open-source everyone uses it to build great streaming programs with it.

Cons

sometimes different forks of obs have issues that cause problems with other plugins so I avoid testing unverified plugins and forks.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

cost money gets worse every year.

Sean from Twitch Streamer

The go-to for broadcast management!

I stream on Twitch.tv as a side-gig and OBS is my go-to program. Its easy to use and free. Managing subscribers can seem like an overwhelming task for someone new to the business/hobby but with OBS its simple and free.

Pros

- OBS is an extremely easy to use program, very intuitive. - OBS makes managing subscribers and donations easy and simple - Being a free program, you cant beat that. - There are loads of tutorials online where you can learn some very cool things.

Cons

- When first managing your subscriptions it can seem overwhelming but that is just a fleeting feeling that soon fades with experience.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

There was a plethora of easy to follow tutorials online and after watching just a couple I had the confidence to handle my subscriptions easily.

Jenna from Graphic Designer

Industry: Graphic Design

Great For First-Time Streamers, Okay For Veteran Streamers

I've used OBS for the past several years, and while it's a great piece of software that helps you stream on Twitch and YouTube, it does have some pretty big flaws. One being if you don't have an up-to-date, in other words "newer", computer that can handle this software eating up your memory/RAM while streaming, be prepared for any possible computer crashes that will potentially happen. I've since moved on to software named "Streamlabs OBS", which is still technically OBS but I found it didn't crash my computer as often. For what reason, I have no clue. But just to be safe, I won't be using regular OBS on my new computer just yet.

Pros

OBS has great streaming quality and a fairly easy set-up when it comes to the layout of your streams. Layering webcams, backgrounds/borders (if any), images, and notifications to name a few! It makes you feel very at home and eased into streaming, especially if you've never streamed before and are a little overwhelmed at what the process might entail.

Cons

My biggest gripe with this is is that it's not good for older computers. On an older computer that may still run Windows 7 (unless you did the upgrade, but it will still have this problem), OBS takes up so much memory/RAM to the point where if you have anything else running at the same time, it's only a matter of time before your system crashes and restarts. A system more updated in the past few years, or even just a gaming computer system will give you a better and smoother stream, but most people can't afford this kind of luxury. It's disappointing to say the least, but for someone like me that does like to stream, it was worth the money to upgrade to a newer system and start to do more streams.

Stefano from Applause

The best tool for recording your screen

I use OBS almost on a daily basis for work, and even more often for personal purposes. At first I had some trouble setting it up, but after a few minutes it's really straightforward. I can now record my entire screen in its original resolutions, with no watermarks, completely for free. Honestly

Pros

The product is completely free, with no limitations. You can immediately start recording from multiple sources at once, with a fairly nice amount of customization in terms of the options you have. File formats, encoding, streaming, and so on. You can also create your own shortcuts to start streaming/recording. More functionalities are also available for users who need more control.

Cons

Shortcut seem not to always work on the first hit, and some users might find it difficult to use the more advanced functions. Sometimes records a blank screen when trying to record over videogames or other programs running in borderless fullscreen.

Mir Fida from Fiverr

A powerful tool specialized for creating both live stream & prerecorded videos

I would suggest it for professional videos for startup and small companies on a limited budget. It does take time to learn the interface and features, but tutorials are available to get you started. It can also be used to stream presentations for companies and businesses.Many game streamers also use it for their professional YouTube and twitch channels.Overall, it would prove to be useful, customizable and powerful tool for all your professional needs.

Pros

I like that it provides a great level of customization options, specially for advanced level users can configure it to make professional videos that can be uploaded on company's official channels of video sharing platforms. One can live stream videos on all popular platform like Twitch,YouTube,Facebook and many more.It's open source makes it love It is also good for low spec computers with limited resources because of its low impact on the bit frame rate.So it's a quick, efficient and reliable software.

Cons

It's interface is not as user friendly as other screen recording software and takes some time to learn the features. But after that you will love to explore and use the tools to make your perfect video.Other thing is it lacks post production editing features like adding image, video, sound or motion effects, graphics and other modifications.For this other software will be needed which is an additional overhead cost.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

I selected OBS Studio as it provides professional tools for most of our screen recording requirements without burden to our budget.Unlike other subscription based software it provides best value for money as it is open source and we can get its various open source plugins, layouts, elements, transitions , filters and other options free of cost.

Alex from Arizona College of Nursing

Twitch affiliate OBS review

Overall, OBS is a fantastic product that I recommend to anyone wishing to stream on PC. They have plenty of features and options to choose from. The broadcasting is great, and I will continue to use and recommend this product.

Pros

I love that OBS allows me to stream on twitch.tv. However I also love that OBS allows me to twitch on other platforms if I decide to leave twitch as well. I enjoy using the many features of OBS including the "Live" function as well as the "Record" function. This means while livestreaming I can also record for use of the footage later. The computer options for OBS are plentiful too. You can set your overall settings to either use more CPU or less, depending on the quality that you want to stream. Overall, for being a free software, I would highly recommend OBS for anyone trying to get into PC streaming.

Cons

OBS has its occasional crashes. These crashes don't often produce an error report and especially during the middle of a stream/recording can be a hassle. Another downfall to OBS is that sometimes it is the cause behind server to broadcaster communication meaning that your stream will go down simply because OBS is communicating with the platform correctly.

Avery from Real Love Interracial Fellowship

PERFECT for first time streamers and Long Time streamers

During the pandemic, I decided to start live streaming. OBS was the first program that was suggested for me to use. I think it helped me become more creative with my streaming capabilities, and it allowed me to stream with confidence. Definitely an A1 software.

Pros

The simplistic overlay was something that impressed me the first time I used OBS. The layout was easy enough to understand. I did watch a tutorial to figure out what everything does, but in the end it was very easy to grasp. For first time streamers, this will probably be your Go-To program besides Streamlabs, and I recommend this before ANYTHING. OBS makes streaming possibilities a reality, and with it's inclusion to upload templates from Stream Elements, it's simple to drag and create the best outlay for your streaming needs!

Cons

There were plenty of times where my video output would not work, or my audio microphone decides to not come through. It became frustrating at times, and I would have to restart the program to hope that it works again. Most times it did indeed fix itself, but there were times where it would not work for me.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

I havent really "switched", but I use them both equally. Whenever Streamlabs would give me trouble, I just switch to OBS and pick up where I left off. They compliment each other very well.

Blake from Sheridan College

A Streamers Dream!!!!

I was using it for streaming, and let me have a great experience. I will not switch to any other program for a long time.

Pros

Open Broadcast Software has allowed me to stream from my computer to people on twitch. It is a lightweight application that allows the user to record, stream, store and so much more. It is very easy to use and if you are looking to stream, would highly recommend it! You can stream in great quality, depending on your internet. Set up multiple scenes for easy transitioning and change the window you are capturing by 2 clicks. Streamlabs has built a more streamlined version of this as well, which makes streaming even easier.

Cons

It can be tricky figuring out how to use some of the features but a simple google search is more than enough.

David from Ebenezer Baptist Church

Highly functional open-source video producer

Overall, OBS is a great option ESPECIALLY for a non-profit with budget limitations.

Pros

OBS functions on a much higher level than one would expect from a free software. The ease of using scenes combined with the ability to layer elements in each scene makes OBS one of the most recommended softwares for video streaming among free and paid options. OBS gets the job done.

Cons

OBS has some infrequent issues with losing setup details and losing audio / video sync that seem to be related to allowing the software to "idle" for too long. We have resolved almost all of those issues by not bringing the software up until we are within 10 minutes of streaming.

MICHAEL from Twitch.tv/rednekedgamer

OBS The streamer's friend

I started using OBS in 2015. Live streaming required a broadcasting software solution, and I chose OBS because it was FREE. I have friends who use a competitor to OBS. OBS has the ability to totally customize your stream settings. You can mute and unmute your microphone(incase of a sneeze), you can turn on and off your webcam feed. When you are customizing your stream's layout and look, OBS makes it easier with a live preview window. OBS is the best FREE option on the market for internet based broadcasting.

Pros

The thing I like the most about OBS besides the fact that it operates as intended, is that it is absolutely FREE.

Cons

OBS's user interface is not as friendly to use for the beginner, but with the wealth spring of knowledge on the Internet, driven by the fact the it is FREE, you can learn how to achieve your desired action or effect.

Rolando from mixer

Industry: Broadcast Media

The best Free and Only Broadcasting software

i love it, its free, offers more than paid software, lots of tutorials everywhere to use it and it uses the least resources from software i used

Pros

Its free!!! so many forum post and youtube videos to learn how to use it the most popular application does everything paid applications like xsplit do auto configuration wizard for easy set up scans your system and internet and bases it on that plug ins/add ons you can find on the web are easily install able

Cons

nothing, there is nothing to dislike about free software that works and does more than paid programs like xsplit and action.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

xsplit is expensive takes more resources, its more confusing, has nothing to offer compared to obs. idk why it still cost money compared to obs

Gian Angelo from Freelance

All-In-One Solution For Screen Capture

I really loved OBS especially because it's pretty much free and includes almost all the services you need. If you're casting online for a course or a conference or even for your gaming, OBS is one gigantic software that deserve a top spot for those who need screen capture software.

Pros

Making a course? Doing a podcast? Making a video resume? Streaming your game? OBS can do it all and with a little setup, you can make it look great. There are unlimited ways for you to mix and match what you want to appear in your stream and at the same time, it can also be used as a regular video screen capture software. It's a small but effective way to record or cast your computer screen (or with some tinkering, your console!) online or on-video. I've been using it for a long time for my personal projects and OBS has never let me down yet.

Cons

To make the most out of this software, you really have to study the features it provides. There's a steep learning curve for those who are not tech savvy however, once you learn everything there is to learn, it gets easy and efficient.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

OBS was free however, because of the sheer volume of quality it brings, you really can't help but contribute to the cause. Overall though, OBS was pretty good to use for my needs and probably others' as well. There's a lot of functionality for this software and it's amazing to use when you get the hang of it.

Kian from KianisKoolFx

Perfect and Advanved

OBS is my bread and butter; anytime I need to record videos I use OBS. Anytime I go live on Youtube, I use OBS. It can be barebones or it can be extremely advanced. it has a LOT going for it.

Pros

OBS Studio has everything you need to record or livestream: browsing overlays, plugins, pc-specific setting optimization, advanced tools for tracking stream analytics, you name it and it's there.

Cons

This software falls 2nd to Streamlabs OBS in simplicity; SLOBS is a little more performance-friendly and also has much more in terms of customization overlays from top tier designers and artists.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

Streamlabs doesn't have the option to stream and record at different qualities like OBS does, which is important for my content purposes.

Leroy from The 1nteger TV

Industry: Broadcast Media

The standard in recording / streaming software.

OBS is the software I use to create recorded and live stream gameplay commentary videos on a regular basis (something like over 250+ videos now spanning from 3-4hrs per video average). So pretty awesome reliable free software.

Pros

*It's open source which means free unless you can and want to support financially or get premium support (or support full-stop, not sure if that's a thing with OBS). *Does everything all the other free or paid options do (that matters anyway). *Very reliable overall. *Pretty flexible and getting a few important updates of late.

Cons

*Might still be a little difficult for some people compared to others. *Open source software can sometimes take longer on average to have major updates / features. *Still pretty easy to crash if you do certain actions too quickly but thus generally easily to avoid although you can get nervous switching scene collections mid stream for instance.

My go-to choice for live streaming

Pros

The general usability of the software overall, especially when paired with StreamElements.

Cons

Rare crashes, settings reverting, and some minor complaints about the user interface sometimes being a little finicky when trying to set it up just right. The biggest issue I've had with OBS is it has a habit of crashing when I'm switching scenes via Studio Mode.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

I made the switch when OBS.Live was pushed out the gate, it seemed lighter, more easily customized, and offered more options and quality of life features than Streamlabs OBS does. I don't feel the need to constantly dig through menus to find what I'm looking for like I did with Streamlabs.

Charles from PixelBite

Best Streaming Service

My experience with OBS has been fantastic. They're actively updating their program and their support has responded to be within a reasonable time.

Pros

There is so much to love about this software. OBS offers so much versatility. You can switch from advanced and basic settings so you can completely customize your experience. I have used OBS and OBS multi-studio for over 4 years. Both programs are fantastic. The best thing about this is that you can stream, record and even do both at the same time.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that this program requires you to know a good amount about how streaming works in order to get the absolute best settings. Even with that said, it shouldn't deter anyone from giving this program a chance.

Fantastic Screen Capture Tool

I've used OBS in the past to create presentations/tutorials for teams as well as streaming for a simple screen-share solution with other developers. The combined simplicity of the interface, ease with which to setup a scene as well as switch between scenes for different elements of presentations has been invaluable.

Pros

Literally the best feature of OBS is "free", but as far as features and functionality goes, even if it were paid it'd likely be one of the best tools available for straight forward screen capture and broadcasting. My favorite features are the scene management and sources tools, switching between shots and sources, as well as interfaces and transitions, it's incredibly flexible and invaluable, especially if you're either streaming or recording instructing or giving a presentation.

Cons

Help documentation could be more robust, though with a low-moderate knowledge of encoding it's really straight forward. May have too many features for some, explaining to someone unfamiliar with elements of encoding or the interface can be challenging.

Austin from AustinChallenges

I love using OBS, and here's why..

I have loved my experience with OBS, I use it every day to record my videos for youtube, and i will always use it!

Pros

OBS is a great way to record and stream your gameplay or just capture your screen. Some pros about OBS is the fact that its free, you can't go wrong with something that's this good, and free. It works great and has a lot of features!

Cons

Some cons about OBS, is the fact that you have to configure the settings to your liking, and for some people that could be difficult.

Reasons for Switching to OBS Studio

i made the switch because i felt that OBS was more compact, and gave so many more features, for free!! and yes i was 100% correct

ANTHONY from Mobile DJ by DJ Tony Tone

OBS Streaming is the best

I truly love the experience that I have had with OBS and I tell all my fellow DJ friends to use this software for streaming. Especially right now with the quarantine.

Pros

I love this software because not only is it free but it links to multiple platforms that provide live-streaming capabilities and video chatting/conferencing. I love it because for me being a DJ, I am able to stream live from anywhere without having any other apps that I would need to download.

Cons

I don't have anything that I don't like about it except for one thing...wish that I would of found this software earlier when I first started streaming live as a DJ.

Don from First United Methodist Church of Hico

Complete live video studio for streaming

Again, amazing versatility for producing a professional looking video stream online. A huge blessing to a small organization competing with the big boys. We use it on an Imac that is running other applications at the same time with no problems.

Pros

This software is absolutely amazing. It provides everything needed to produce professional looking live video stream productions and more. The ability to use multiple live video cameras, recorded media, graphics, transitions, effect and presets all in once package that is user friendly and... best part, Open Source. We use it every week in a small church to stream live services to Facebook live. Once some settings are established by someone with experience, it becomes very easy for anyone to operate. Plus it records everything this is streamed if you chose, a life saver at times.

Cons

Setting up the various sources and scenes is a little difficult at first. Occasionally it seems to lose the code for accessing our stream which requires obtaining a new code from FB and entering which could slow down the beginning of a stream if not tested ahead of time.

Open Source and free!

Desmond from The Shutterbug Media

The solution to screen recording

I watch youtube videos related to my business a lot, and on this particular day, I was wondering what this YouTuber uses to record his videos, I remember pausing and playing the video a lot that day, trying to figure out (whenever he goes to the taskbar) what he uses for his recording. Fast-forward to the end, I found out it was OBS Studio, immediately, I downloaded it, and to test it's quality, I remember using it to record a part of a movie and sending it to someone. It worked perfectly, with the audio rightly synced with the video, again I used it to do a screen record of a group video chat, I got a very good quality output. Since then, I hv been using it for both personal and business uses. The flexibility of the application is wonderful, you could set your desired Bitrate, recording format, recording quality, video resolution etc. So when it's for personal use, I crunch down all the settings, and when it's for business use, I set all for the best quality. Kudos!!! to the developers of this software, I hope to see more products from this comnpany.

Pros

My being able to integrate different video source, is probably one of the best things I like about the software, I can source from my screen as well as from my system camera or an external camera and equally arrange them the way I like.

Cons

Maybe it is there somewhere in the software and I haven't found out yet, but I haven't seen a way I could stream to different website all at once. Like streaming to Youtube, Facebook etc. at the same time.

kristopher from Twitch.tv

my personal thoughts

Very satisfied and quite happy about using it only thing I hope is a full cloud customization saves for when the app needs to be reinstalled

Pros

Best streaming software out there most reliable when it deals with twitch and youtube streaming platforms I love that you have plenty of totorial videos on your website in order to help new streamers start up work as well as observing studio is amazing for customization and you have quite a few widgets to

Cons

Sometimes the software crashes and you have to reinstall everything and redo most of your settings again.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

Obs is better all there is to it

Rose from Massage By Rose

Industry: Cosmetics

OBS is wonderful

OBS is wonderful. My husband and i both use it and we cant be happier. Its so easy to use and gives use the ease to stream and do podcasts. Sometimes obs can act up depending on the update they do, but once they fix it, usually within 24-48 hours, its back to normal. I highly recommend obs software for all your streaming and broadcasting needs.

Pros

I like obs because it gives you the ease of wanting to broadcast or stream without to much of a hassle.

Cons

Every once in a while when obs has a software update, it does tend to have a couple of bugs from not working to stuttering for streaming. Other than that, there is nothing else i dislike about obs.

Tyler from Information Technology and Services

Industry: Computer Games

OBS is great for streaming on PC

I've used OBS on and off for multiple years with streaming. I stream mainly video games but it's been great for other things I've streamed to friends. It's got great features to tie into Twitch, as well as many streaming assistance platforms have plugins for OBS. I've never had any software related issues with it, even with Daily use for around (3) months. It did exactly what I needed it too, and even allowed me to setup a very nice green screen behind me for better quality streaming with ease.

Pros

- Easy to use once you understand it - Tons of guides online - Awesome plugins to popular streaming platforms

Cons

- Looks a bit dated - Can be confusing with layers / layouts if you don't look up guides

Joshua from Vizion Interactive

The Standard For Twitch Streaming

Once I got it set as I like it, it's been great. Everytime I stream it's literally "go live" and I'm up and running. I can count on one hand the number of times OBS has crashed during a stream.

Pros

It was pretty quick to get up and running with streaming, this was something I've wanted to do and this was the software that was widely used and after using it I can see why.

Cons

While it was quick to get setup and going at a "basic" level, the more advanced stuff was a little tricky but doable. I wish they had better tutorials on this stuff, such as adding "current song" playing or adding/moving alerts.

OBS Studio Review

Personally, I like OBS studio because it is easy to use for me despite the many shortcomings there are in this software. I'm doing very well and what I like about this software is that it doesn't absorb too much energy, it doesn't cause a bug on the computer and my direct messages are always good because my subscribers are satisfied with the video renderings. Besides, I recommend it every time to content creator friends. It's the perfect tool for beginners and professionals who don't want to bother with other streaming software. I like OBS Studio, it's my favorite streaming software.

Pros

OBS Studio is a beautiful application that allows you to stream easily even without having any knowledge in the broadcasting industry. It is accessible, handy and easy to use. The different options are visible to everyone from the dashboard.

Cons

Like all other software, Obs Studio does not do the unanimity because it also has shortcomings that sometimes spoil the job when it comes to doing a live either on Facebook, YouTube or Twitch. The software itself is too basic because it lacks several options that make the broadcasts beautiful and attractive. The plugins to install them is a big problem. Obs studio needs to be improved. It is limited because the broadcasting time is eight hours while sometimes there are live shows that last a little longer.

Improved webcam recording and video tutorials

Spot on. With a little time and patience, you can create the same quality clips that you would expect to get from a design agency.

Pros

We've been looking for a flexible way to record and edit our webinars and have found OBS the most useful app so far. We've tried proprietary software such as Logitech Capture, but were really disappointed with the functionality. OBS Studio provides us with a more professional presentation and has helped us to improve the consistency of our tutorials.

Cons

There's so much OBS can do that it can be a little intimidating at first. I'm not a fan on the default black background and it did take quite some time to get my head around all the different options available. This said, it was worth investing the time to discover what you can achieve using the full range of tools available.

Reasons for Choosing OBS Studio

Too basic for our needs, also questionable image quality.