Browse Snagit Reviews

Andrea from Element Fleet Management

December 2021

The software I can't live without

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Snag it since I first started using it over 20 years ago! I highly recommend it.

Pros

As an instructional designer, SnagIt has become an indispensable tool that I don't think I could live without. It has a robust set of screen capturing features and plenty of editing tools to accomplish whatever you need. Its library system has saved me dozens of times when I needed to make changes to a screen shot. It is a wonderful piece of software.

Cons

The first few iterations of their scrolling window capture feature were difficult to use and rarely worked as you expected them to but all these kinks seem to be worked out now. The scrolling capture has recently been my favorite!.

Jenny from DebtBook

Great Tool for Creating Technical Guides

I think its a tool you can use without needing much involvement or support from the snagit team. They host monthly customer webinars you can attend if you need more support with the product but I think it's very easy to use, I taught myself how to use it.

Pros

I use this tool to capture screenshots and software recordings and am able to edit, annotate, and upload images directly into various support center softwares I have used. I like the annotation features to truly showcase what you are trying to show on the screenshot. I like that you can take the entire length of the screen in your screenshot, sometimes the graphic designers on my team need this format to be able to format the screengrab to their content needs.

Cons

It can be buggy -- sometimes when I open the app on my desktop it will not open and I have to use another tool. That can be frustrating when you need to take a screencapture right then.

Reasons for Choosing Snagit

Better functions and the pricetag was in our budget

Better features with Snagit

Corey from MidState Design

Cannot Recommend

My experience with Snagit has not been very good.

Pros

The concept is great. Tons of functionality is built in and the two apps (Snagit, and Snagit Editor), are meant to work together seamlessly.

Cons

Snagit's scrolling window only worked for a hot second and that was several years ago. Even after numerous updates it still fails. Snagit Editor *was* solid up until recently, when they released their new major version. Now, it crashes multiple times a day. Often, I need to open up the task manager to force close it. I've submitted many reports on this through the app and it still hasn't been fixed. Probably going to uninstall it.

Reasons for Switching to Snagit

I switched because Techsmith products were supposed to be of higher quality. I have not found that to be the case.

Aleksandar from Handwritten Solutions

A lot of features

Definitely a useful and very popular tool. It has nice features, but overall I would prefer a simpler tool that will allow me to be faster with my flow. Snagit looks like a tool that has every possible feature that they could think of, but in the process, they have compromised on the ease to use and the speed. I have used Greenshot and WebRemarks and both seem to be better suited for my needs.

Pros

Snagit offers a lot of features. For every feature that you might need, chances are it is there. If offers different types of screenshots, windows, portions of a window and that is really appreciated.

Cons

I think there are simply too many features. As I mentioned earlier, if the user wants to put an arrow on a screenshot, there are too many steps and too many different options to choose from. As a user, I would like to take the screenshot fast, quickly put few annotations, and share it. I don't want to choose from 100 different arrows, and click 10 times until my arrow is ready.

Reasons for Choosing Snagit

Actually, I haven't chosen Snagit, I tested it and I decided that in the end, I will take another route and use a different tool - or combination of tools, to be honest, that will better meet my needs.

Reasons for Switching to Snagit

I haven't switched, I was exploring them in parallel and I still use two different. One for screenshots and annotations - more often I use WebRemarks for this And another alternative for screen recording, more often ScreenRec

Lee from CSUSM

Snagit to the RESCUE!

I love Snagit! It’s affordable, easy to use, and a program that I simply cannot do without!

Pros

I have been using Snagit for years and have always loved it. I tell others about it all the time and create job aids and tutorials weekly. I think the thing I like most about Snagit is the Panoramic Screen Capturing. I work with online programs and data files that sometimes take two or three full screens to view, and trying to capture what goes beyond the current window’s view it very important in my work. Being able to quickly capture it all at once saves me so much time! The library of previous captures is also super helpful.

Cons

The newer versions of Snagit offer so many tools from which to choose, I just wish it would let me save more as my “favorites.”

Bill from Gigtime Media

Essential tool for quick screen / image capture plus editing

I've used Snagit for over 15 years and it's essential. If I have a customer that needs support on software or am pointing out features of a website, I can quickly capture the screen and add arrows and text to explain what the customer needs to do next or what work we've done for them.

Pros

It's simple to use. I can capture an image and SnagIt lets me decide if I want a small section, full window, or even a complete website. The included editor lets me do some basic edits and the learning curve is shallow.

Cons

The scrolling feature for web pages, etc. doesn't work well. Sometimes the capture is distorted and sometimes it is incomplete.

Jackie from Spotty Lizard

Snagit for Screencaptures

I will continue to use Snagit daily as the screenshot feature is far nicer to use than others.

Pros

I use Snagit for screencapturing and screen recording, with Camtasia for other video and audio features. I appreciate how easy it is to use Snagit and overlay the screenshot with arrows, text or other graphics.

Cons

It would be great that when saving a screenshot that there were less steps to go through to save it in the best file location. I would also be useful to not have the new 'button' that appears at the top of the screen when opening Snagit, and be able to move this.

Alan from Xerox Corporation

Industry: Printing

Snagit Review

I am elated with Snagit and all it has to offer. I have been using the application for over five years and would not consider an alternative.

Pros

Snagit is super simple to use and very powerful. The cost for Snagit licensing is inexpensive and provides the most bang for the buck of any capture software in the market. I highly endorse the product!

Cons

No drawbacks whatsoever. Snagit is a great product!

Luiz from Starglider Systems

Great for quick captures

Pros

I use this all the time. It has plenty of features for quickly editing screen captures (which is great for user support - just add arrows and explanations), and I also use the text capture all the time - which usually includes formatting, too.

Cons

Couldn't figure out how to not pop-up the editor on the latest version (when I just need to paste the screen elsewhere)

December 2021

One of the best bits of software we have purchased

Having been recommended Snagit by a colleague and initially thinking, we've already got the windows snipping tool or just printscreen, why would I want snagit as well we are now all huge converts! We've found it a great tool for internal and external communication, making quick diagrams, marking up images to make quick and easy work instructions or just populating manuals with screen shots.

Pros

The ease of use and speed of generating instructions and manuals is not to be underestimated

Cons

Occasionally the drop-down quick action box gets lost behind other windows and the scrolling capture can be a bit hard to work to get right.

Kingson from EMET

A stable application and easy to work with.

Overall, it's a very good deal for your money. Compared to other applications in the market, SnagIT application is very stable and dependable. It feels like a more tested and rounded product to use. The support from SnagIT team has been outstanding at the time of installation and later on when I had doubts. I hope they bring in the image size compression functionality soon.

Pros

These are the Pros I've witnessed on a day-to-day usage - Easy to install and learn to use - Affordable pricing with the license - Easy launch at anytime with shortcuts - Good quality Screen video + Webcam + System audio + Mic audio - Assorted collection of presets and templates - Different settings for GIF export - Best for panoramic screen capture - Many editing and styling option for images - Fast render, easy saving, and sharing - Hardly ever freezes or crashes - Frequent updates and training webinars

Cons

There are a few cons I face from time to time - Virtually no editing option for video captures - Cannot edit or crop an imported GIF - No image size compression option

Reasons for Choosing Snagit

I was satisfied with the product in the trial days. It seemed to tick all my requirement boxes.

As an IT Admin, I Can't Live Without This!

Absolutely LOVE it! I've used it for years as an IT Admin to help my end-users in a variety of ways which include training, troubleshooting, and creating work instructions.

Pros

SnagIt is the best screenshot and screencast recording tool on the planet! It's absolutely simple to learn, use, and super-effective with an almost non-existent learning curve! The built-in tools like call-out's, arrows, stamps, spotlight and blur, etc, make it simple to grab screenshots and teach / show / educate effectively and quickly to your internal team, customers, students, etc. It not only does great creating and editing and notating screenshots, it also does a fantastic job of recording screencast video and audio and will also allow you trim the video clips, etc. It also has very solid and built-in sharing integration tools (to Google Drive, Screencast.com, and other online tools).

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't love about SnagIt. While Techsmith's flagship product Camtasia Studio has extremely powerful video editing tools (and costs much more), SnagIt does a fantastic job of capturing screencast videos and audio for simple, quick and basic screen recordings. My only wish was that it has a bit more video editing tools and functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Snagit

SnagIt is simply way more powerful in terms of editing, exporting/sharing, call-outs, and keeping thing in it's SnagIt Library.

A simple to use screenshot (and video) capturing and editing tool, a useful tool for tech support.

I have a very great experience since day 1. I would recommend every company that is a tech support to use this tool as it will help you guide your customers easier than ever.

Pros

For this review, let me only cover the screenshot capturing and editing aspect of Snagit as I used it them most. I loved Snagit, it is basically like Paint on Windows where when you see, you can know how to use it right away due to it simple design and straightforward function and icon. For tech support like me, Snagit is like a god-blessed tool. As you know, sometimes, end-users that are lacking technical skills doesn't understand the verbal instructions at all. Therefore, with Snagit, it allow me to provide visual guidance for them to see and follow. Most of the time, after sending Snagit edited screenshot (giving guidance through number stamps, arrows, highligh, blurring contents that we don't want them to see), the feedback is always positive.

Cons

What I don't like most about Snagit would be its unmodern interface. Well, I don't think I can really complain about this as keeping the interface to be unmodern somewhat contributes to it being easy to use. If you see the latest versino of Snagit, the interface is so outdated. It's like it's from the Windows XP/7 era in which we are already moving into Windows 11. Other thana this, I don't think I have anything else to complain regarding this amazing tool.

Liezl from Private

Easy to install and use. It's one of the only products I've found over 8 years that have allowed me to capture a scrolling screen. It has been extremely quick and easy to use in design and development work. This includes recording screens, and minor "to be" editing for development work and user analysis. It has been my go to software in work, and quite often in private requirements too for 8 years plus.

Pros

This software is intuitive to install and use. You can get up and running in no time! The capturing commands and wording is easy to follow and user friendly, even if you've never used something like this before. The scrolling window is still the prime usable feature in this software. Also, minor editing is clean, simple, and effective. Highlighting steps or features on screens is simple and efficient.

Cons

The industry has changed, there are a number of free captures products built in to windows etc. The scrolling window and recording has been a life-saver for me in my SAP manual and instructional work. However, I am considering looking around to see if I can tighten the belt and find alternatives. A small fee subscription model may be easier to sustain. Subscribe when I have jobs to pay for it, and take a pause when I don't need it.

Reasons for Choosing Snagit

It covered screen captures, editing and highlighting steps - exactly what I needed for creating technical manuals, and showcasing software development. I often use it to illustrate usability and design features too.

Alan from Technology In Education Onlne

SnagIt - My Go To Program

As mentioned before, I've used SnagIt for over 15 years. I continue to utilize the maintenance program, so I always have the latest version of the program.

Pros

Whether I'm developing an online tutorial or needing to send a quick screenshot, I've come to rely on SnagIt for many years. I also appreciate the SnagIt editor so I can enhance my screen captures with additional information/features. It's very easy to use and don't think twice when I need to do a quick screenshot when I'm having a problem with an app or website. It has become a lifesaver for that. Since I go back and forth from a Mac to a PC it is nice that the program is available on both platforms. Also, over the years the features on both platforms have gotten more similar in their usage.

Cons

The only con I would say is if you want to do something other than a simple screenshot you might be overwhelmed by its numerous features with the editor.

Reasons for Choosing Snagit

Given features and support saw no need to look at other programs.

Reasons for Switching to Snagit

The features within SnagIt and the Mac/PC platform option made the switch easy to make.

Arin from Fiserv

Simple and fast picture capture app and editor

Overall it is a great software is what I can say. It can capture the images in all different formats. Cropping an image is so easy and even I can add arrows and comments (and lot if other items too) while editing the image. Again, sharing is a nice feature that is now very much integrated and there are a lot of options to choose from.

Pros

Snagit is such an easy to use tool that anyone start using it will be used to it (like me). Yes, I use it every time. You can choose any shortcut key of your choice for it to launch and take the screenshot. It even gives you an option to use a small little icon that can (auto) hide on your desktop and the screen is captured just with a click on that icon. Other thing that I like about the software is that it has so many modes to take the screen captures and it can even auto scroll and capture the complete screen. It also serves as a great editor too and the editor is right there after the screen is captured.

Cons

I think the software is a little expensive. Though after getting to know all the features of the software, I felt somewhat convinced with the pricing.

Mike from Catholic Charities of Denver

Snagit is a Tool Worth Buying

I've been using Snagit for years and I find it very convenient and easy to use. They continually improve the product and their support is top notch.

Pros

With Snagit, I can easily create training and how-to videos and love how everything is organized and at my fingertips especially the latest feature with the widget in the window that slides out. I also like how they are continually updating their software and their support is quick to respond.

Cons

It would be nice to see a Background eraser Tool.

Industry Standard Image Capture

I work regularly with development and data teams. I'm always grabbing a screenshot whether for a trouble ticket or a power point deck. I like Snagit as it makes markup easy and the options look good. There are some alluring options on the market however. Cloud App make gif recording super easy and ShareX is a really powerful open source option. Snagit still owns the corporate market but as prices seem to be trending up, we may see more competition in this space.

Pros

Good after capture editing and markup - this is critical so you don't have to save and export into an editor. Most of the options are professional and useful. Generally well adopted to it's easy to explain what to do with other people. East to map to hot keys to capture full screen or just a section.

Cons

Some issues with monitor resolution and not being able to capture the whole screen correctly. Not as robust of workflow after the capture as some other options on the market (or open source). Price is fairly high when sound alternatives exist.

Justin from VIQ Solutions

Industry: Writing and Editing

Just In Time Capture

this product is Value for money, has MANY features and is a fantastic goto for anything I need to capture just to record for historical purposes or I need to share and communicate with. I love the STAMP and drawing features but the real winner is the way I can capture screens or regions or windows that scroll, it's so flexible. I highly recommend SNAGIT and know they will be around for many more years to come.

Pros

I have used this software for years, it has been consistently reliable and continuously developed for improvement in additional functions. This is the best software for creating user document or explaining thigs to people very quickly and effectively.

Cons

Video Editing capability is very limited. Would also be great to offer options for camera feeds etc similar to OBS There are some issues with audio when trying to video capture video/audio conferencing sessions (understandably because the video and audio is already in use for the video conference but this would be good to resolve)

Snagit for screenshots

As a QA professional we always have to report issues specially in web screens, app screens etc. So in order to make it clear to the developers we need to specify the bug clearly. Snagit is the best tool I was using so far for this. I believe its a must have for every manual QA and its really easy to used and makes ur work neat, tidy and professional at the end of the day.

Pros

Ease of use, keeping a history of my previous work, ability to edit the changes I made, magnifying the image are the things that I found more interesting which I didn't see in other application I used previously. Other than that we can add numbers, blurred out and much more things are comes in handy at one place. I would recommend this for anyone in my field

Cons

I faced issues when taking screenshots of a web page which has scrolling effect. Couldn't capture whole page. I think this is the areas which need to be addressed

Matthew from Bizblocks

Snagit is a full featured program that allows the capture and annotation of screenshots.

Pros

Snagit is miles ahead of the inbuilt Windows snip tool which I was using previously. It allows me to take a much more precise screenshot by having a small magnified section above the cursor. Snagit gives a lot of flexibility when capturing by allowing me to screenshot in many different ways rather than just a region. For example, I can capture web pages that scroll, or a specific window. The inbuilt screenshot editor is basic but has the essentials, and using the editor I can easily annotate screenshots or add shapes such as arrows.

Cons

The only minor issue I have encountered using Snagit is that sometimes when I use it to screenshot a scrolling window it isn't detected as a scrolling window and doesn't capture anything past the first page.

Kimberly from Self-employed

Snagit does it all

In addition to what I've already said, I love that not only can you save screen captures/videos, but you can also mark up your image and blur anything sensitive for sharing. And they make it easy to share with the ability to share as a Screencast.com link so you don't have to send any files to your client.

Pros

I love being able to easily screen cap via Snagit - I have it set up so my PrtSc button is attached to Snagit so I just hit a button and can easily choose one area of the screen or the whole screen. I can also capture video and audio of my screen, which is great for sending to clients to work out an issue. I absolutely love that in the editor, I can grab text from an image - this comes in so handy.

Cons

I can't honestly think of a thing I don't like about Snagit. It does everything I want.

The best screen capture program with annotation tools

Can't live without it - highly recommend you try it out. They do have a free trial to give you a chance to work with it for 30 days before you purchase.

Pros

SnagIt is one of my most used programs, and one I would hate to be without. With an assigned hotkey or a dropdown that you can load at the top of your screen, you can capture the screen - still or video and save it to your system. You can then easily add annotations, like boxes, arrows, callouts, etc. The blur feature is great if you need to hide part of your capture. It is an invaluable tool for providing information or documentation in a clear way.

Cons

The video tools are basic, but they have another program called Camtasia if your primary medium is creating and annotating video.

Excellent and powerful product bundled together

Overall I am have become a big fan of snagit. My team loves it. We have reduced a lot of effort in taking good quality snippets and making videos.

Pros

Snagit is a powerful and rich screencapture tool. This is fantastic to create training videos without any high powered Tech which anyone can use and create good and high quality resolution videos. The snipping feature is excellent as well. You can take a scrolling screengrab, you can pull off text from a screengrab, you can record live video + your cam video. All of which works seamlessly and you can even assign a shortcut to launch it without clicking multiple keys.

Cons

The only con is that the ensuring that system audio is captured (if recording a virtual team session) can take a couple of quick trial and errors.

Reasons for Switching to Snagit

Because it would take really low res snippets and could not do a ton of things that snagit can

Ck from MCKINSEY & COMPANY INC US

Best screen capture in the market

Pros

I love how simple it is to use and how powerful it can be once you start exploring other features. I especially like the editing tools that allow you to modify a screengrab quickly. My favorite is the smart move that allows you to pick an element on the image and move it. I have recently started playing with the workflow tool and it's quickly becoming my go to tool for multiple aspects of my daily work.

Cons

The webcam and audio captures can use some work. The quality as well as format options are limited. Also, while it supports a handful external platforms, there are plenty of other high utilization platforms that it doesn't integrate with just yet.

Functional and Friendly

Snagit has been a part of my must have programs list for over ten years. The number of projects and other items I have completed with Snagit's help are countless. Even though a lot of Snagit’s functionality and features can now be found built-in to different programs installed with the operating system they put those features in one interface that I have no problem recommending as a complete solution in a single program.

Pros

Capture, Review, Edit, Create, Snagit does it all. Unlike other software that has had its basic functionality incorporated into the primary operating system used today Snagit has continued to improve and expand their product. The program is easy to use, does what it should, and more! Even with a selection of other editing software available on my system, for the quick and easy editing and markup of captures the built-in editing software in Snagit is where I go for most of my needs.

Cons

Cons? I have none (and I thought about that before I wrote it). But this box required a minimum of 100 characters, so I'm still typing. There, that should do it :-)

Jeff C. from LRN

Snagit Wins!!

I love it! I would definitely recommend to colleagues and friends.

Pros

I had been using the snipping tool in windows since Windows 10 came out, but you need to save after every snip which is inefficient at best. Snagit lets you keep capturing and save or edit later. You can also copy bits of snaps, cut out sections and lots more. SnagIt is indispensable in my role.

Cons

Sometimes the sharing does not work and the share button is replaced with an orange in progress logo that does not disappear and to progress further the program must be restarted. No data is ever lost but it is a pain point.

I liked it more.

Reasons for Switching to Snagit

SnagIt is more efficient and feature rich.

Eliana from BTL AESTHETICS

Industry: Medical Devices

The best screen-capture software

We can use Snagit for a variety of purposes (recording meetings and online events, creating manuals as voice-over is possible, even the screenshot settings are interesting as you can add elements to them, etc.). No other software has had this many pros.

Pros

What we like most about Snagit is the fact that the software is reliable while being extremely user-friendly. The controls are intuitive and one knows what to press without even reading any manuals. There are options to record system audio and/or microphone audio; with a click of a button, one has many options to use the software.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons. The software is easy to use, there are not any technical errors, everything is very straightforward.

Reasons for Switching to Snagit

Other screen-capturing options were not this reliable (neither on Windows, nor on Apple).

Anne from Productivity Portfolio

Industry: Publishing

Very Versatile Screen Captures

I use it extensively for the web images on my website. It allows easy manipulation, and I like that it maintains a timeline of snaps. It's a versatile program that fits between costly programs like Adobe Photoshop and free browser extensions.

Pros

The program makes it easy to capture and process images. I like that I can also convert from one file format to another. The website also offers countless tutorials on how to do specific tasks, such as removing an element from a picture.

Cons

I still have issues with doing full page captures when the app should scroll the web page's length. Sometimes it works, and other times it doesn't.

One of the best screen capture software

Pros

I have used Windows Screenshot as well as Print screen options in past but none of them allowed me to capture scrolling windows so efficiently thus I had to take multiple screenshots and combine them together spending hours of time. Snagit allows capturing scrolling windows that reduced the efforts by 90% or more. I also use Snagit for small photo editing or adding text etc. on the screenshot which is very easy. These are the the only features that I use and are very efficient.

Cons

There is nothing that I can point as least-liked feature in Snagit.

Kieran from Faria

December 2021

Nice and easy, but exports are a pain

Pros

Great annotations Good variety of editing features

Cons

I dislike the export and file sharing functionality

Kristin from Humana

Worth every penny!

Overall I highly recommend this product, its super easy for anyone to use! I keep it pinned to my toolbar for daily use. It can be a great tool for screen records when troubleshooting, for training and even a easy to use screen capture so that you can point (using their several different pre programmed arrows and circles!) out important items to make it easier to notice for you viewer! Rated a undeniable 10/10, its worth every penny!

Pros

Ease of use with this product is amazing, very self explanatory and allows you to share in many different ways, which is great when in some cases you need to share via a email or via a simple copy and paste!

Cons

Based on my usage of the product for the last year + I have encountered no issues with the product! It has met all my needs for screen recording and captures

Flor from Ambria College of Nursing

Snagit Like a Snapshot

1) Very functional. 2) Easy to use. 3) Simple but useful. 4) I can stress/emphasize important points by highlighting and using the symbols like arrow, etc.

Pros

I like using Snagit to capture images and/or texts that I do not want to repeat or type again. It is very quick and easy to use. Very functional like you are taking a quick snapshot and it says all.

Cons

I just have difficulty adjusting sometimes the size and the different backgrounds. Other than that, to me Snagit works perfectly for quick exchange of messages or quick snapshots of texts that you want to point out right away.

Rob from Praktijk

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Ideal for instructions

It is fast and flexible when you work a lot with instructions and screenshots. The price is a little steep when you only need to copy and paste a simple screenshot in an e-mail. But when you do a lot of work, it is worth the price.

Pros

The software is ideal for creating instructions for onscreen stuff. Steps that need to be taken, where to click, what to enter in different forms, and so forth. Creating combinations of screenshots into a step by step guide or infographic is easy.

Cons

I have not figured out how to change the color of stamps and store them as a kind of favorite.

Siva from Silicon Valley Bank

Reviewing snagit

Overall it is a very helpful tool, especially being a software engineer it help us to collect variance evidences in different formats like picture, screen records, screen records with audio/video, capturing multi page using panoramic scrolling page and many other useful toolbars

Pros

The ease of use in capturing the screenshots and using customize toolbar like highlighter, adding text, highlighting using shapes, adding steps, blur the sensitive information and etc.,

Cons

Autosave option would have given additional advantage of preventive measure in losing any important files

Jolie from Giant Bicycles

Industry: Sporting Goods

Great product for a variety of uses

Using Snagit helps me move quickly and respond to various partners easily. I use screen captures and then can follow up with transferring only the files needed, this saves time & stress

Pros

The screen capture feature is the one I use most, it allows me to easily & quickly share images and information without having to be concerned about file size and mailbox limitations

Cons

I wish there'd been a tutorial to watch when I first started using it. I could have used more of the great features sooner

Daniela from Walls.io

A product I recommend to everyone

I love Snagit overall. It's a wonderful tool. And even if I ever notice a bug, the next day it's gone. Highly recommend.

Pros

I love Snagit for being easy to use and fast. It's really useful when testing or when I just need to explain something fast. An image is worth more than a thousand words.

Cons

I would like that the newer versions are even more accessible. Say $10 for an upgrade. I have two licences. A personal one and one for work. It's pricey to buy 2 upgrades.

Mona from self

Excellent tool for screen capture!

Between work and play, I'm on a computer all day long. And I have a ton of reasons for wanting to capture screens. Just a few examples: capture error messages, document programming changes, capture receipts/coupon codes/confirmation codes. Remember how a screen looked prior to hitting "next". So many different reasons. SnagIt makes it simple. Enter the shortcut key CTRL-SHIFT-P, and your screen is instantly captured. From there, you can instantly save your screen as-is, or enhance it using their studio software, and then save it.

Pros

Super easy to use, makes screen capture and editing completely seamless. With the studio you can add text boxes, pointers, highlights, anything you need to make your screenshots useful to others. You can also capture video.

Cons

The video enhancement tools are rudimentary at best. If you really need to edit video, this is not the tool for you.

Snagit is one of the best tools for screen catching on the market

I'm using it on daily basis, I can't think that I could work without it in the past. It's really good tool!

Pros

It's intuitive, it's connected with 'Print Screen' button so you can easily switch to it. You can either record or make a screenshot. You can write on the screen taken, add steps for instructions etc - everything in one tool

Cons

There's nothing I don't like, maybe except that for even better experience you should also invest in Camtasia.

Perfect for creating quick guides

Its the prefect everyday tool that can replace windows snipping tool

Pros

I use the screen capture to capture bugs and highlight the key factors

Cons

It does not work well with 4k and up screens

Reasons for Choosing Snagit

Snagit seems easier to use

Reasons for Switching to Snagit

Its have barely any features and its inconvenient to use

Karen from Helijet International Inc

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Snagit By Techsmith

I have created many manuals and user guides now to assist others to do the work I do in Human Resources. They are easy to make and easy to follow.

Pros

I have been using Snagit for over two years now. I can easily capture screen shots from my desktop to create detailed manuals to assist others to make entries or manipulate and print reports from any program I use in HR. Once I capture an image I can circle, or arrow to highlight important areas to ensure the reader of my document knows what is important. I can attach these to a Word document, or send in the body of an email for clarity on a subject.

Cons

I have not discovered any downsides yet. I am limited by my own desktop only as I cannot use the audio feature and I don't have a requirement for recording single or multiple screens.

Screen capture software

We mapped the screen capture function to the PrintScreen button, so that it is literally one tap to begin screen captures.

Pros

Great for taking quick screen shots and then marking them up. With one button image is copied to clipboard, ready to email or insert into a document.

Cons

You need to pay for each upgrade. The software is not expensive, but it is inconvenient to request authorization from our organization every time we want to upgrade.

Divaksh from Divify

Most feature-packed and versatile screen capturing, annotating, recording tool.

We are using it for the online seminar recordings, and user manual creations it works great for this purpose.

Pros

1. Simple, flexible, and powerful but incredibly simple to use. 2. Scrolling screenshots. 3. Integrated GIF maker. 4. Robust editing and annotating tools along with the borders and image effects. 5. Integration with cloud services and programs (screencast, imgur etc)

Cons

1. Expensive. 2. Performance can be bad, especially in the case of old hardware. 3. Even after years of use, we still sometimes accidentally start video capture instead of the screen capture or vice versa.

Gary from Gary McAvoy

Industry: Writing and Editing

One of my Top 10 daily apps

Would not be able to do work without it. Period. I save a lot of research as a writer and SnagIt is my GoTo app for images.

Pros

Extremely useful throughout the day for any number of reasons and uses. The Capture Button is accessible all the time and I use it at least hourly.

Cons

The scrolling capture sometimes doesn't capture well, leaving out some data in the capture, but it's not even a deal breaker.

Great tool to capture your screen and edit

I own Camtasia, Snap, ShareX and Snagit as some option to capture and quick edit screen recordings and screenshots. I like the custom automations that you can make it your own and add the shortcut needed for the way you like to capture and treat or store the images/videos. There are \many options in the market, and with several very good free similar software you'll have to make a premium version to make sense of it. Works for me, no need to further updates at the moment.

Pros

Easy to deploy, capture the region that you want and edit afterwards. fast access tab and shortcuts can the set for different capture styles or automations.

Cons

There are several other FREE services that can do pretty much the same thing that Snagit does, so price can be an issue for some people.

Reasons for Switching to Snagit

Easier to operate, light on system resources.

Michael from Good Light Mag

Industry: Publishing

Precise screencaptures and great annotation tools

I am very happy with SnagIt.

Pros

Snagit is a super handy tool for sharing what's going on on my screen. The capturing options are very useful. I also love all the great annotation features. They help me explain things intuitively to my viewers.

Cons

I wish there were more different annotation styles. I have very different projects that would benefit from different styles.

Truly one of the most robust screen recorders

I usually use snagit as the screenrecorder tool for recording long meetings. The smaller file size saves me a lot of hard disk space

Pros

The built in editor is a huge positive. Also, easy shortcut mappings are also pretty nice and the files sizes are rather small

Cons

There are a list of free apps available with almost similar features. So giving a longer trial period wouldve been nice

Nicole from Self-employed

Way Better than Print Screen or Snip & Sketch

Pros

I love that the highlighting of screenshots is not free hand, so it is not crooked. It looks professional. I love that it saves all of your screenshots in case you forget to copy/save it.

Cons

I can't think of anything I do not like about this software. It does what it needs to do and never fails!

Reasons for Switching to Snagit

The highlighting feature with snip & sketch was free-hand, making it crooked. The Snagit software has many more features for updating/editing the screenshots.

Charan Raj from Deloitte

Snagit - Finest screen capture tool in the market with great support

Overall I had a good experience I use Video, Image most of the time I use to record bugs which has more steps and will attach the same in Bug tracking tool I use to capture the error (toaster message - which will disappear immediately )

Pros

Most like about this tool is Video Audio Image capturing video - use can use web came or screen record with multiple options of Pause, Stop, play, Mute it takes less storage space (file size) Great support from teams Easy to use even no technical background people

Cons

Dislike is nothing more but need to improve the more option for image capture like Brightness , Color, Histogram etc Should have option to capture multiple image at once and save in one file

Best Screen Capture Tool

You are definitely getting your money's worth if you need a reliable way to take screenshots.

Pros

My favorite feature about Snagit is that not only are you able to take high quality screenshots but it also stores them in a library that is also historical and organizes your screenshots by application as well as time.

Cons

The UI does look a little dated and integration between other cloud storage options such as OneDrive is not the cleanest and could use a refresh.