Browse Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Reviews

Derek from Outsourced CIO, LLC

3-2-1 Backup is not optional for self-employed

I have Acronis installed on 5 devices: 2 smartphones, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops. which is perfect for me, my business, and personal backups. great product for self-employed!

Pros

Acronis has always been an industry standard with imaging and ease of use. I have been using a version of the product since 2005! Software has a small footprint, easy to install, easy to use, and it just works.

Cons

Pricing over the years has varied, and when the Acronis Cloud product first came out, it was unlimited storage, and the following year, it was discontinued and storage costs drove the pricing. I get it about storage, but also dislike the fact that I have to maintain the software, storage, files ect versus the set-it-and-forget-it capability I had gotten used to.

Jeff from IPConnectX Corp

Acronis for MSPs

Pros

The ease of use to add clients and install agents

Cons

If you use it from distribution and not directly, reaching support is a bit challenging

Reasons for Choosing Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud

More options for backup type, more flexibility in terms of target, no requirement for onsite backup device.

Reasons for Switching to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud

There are a lot more options to backup and backup targets when using Acronis compares to Nakivo

Patrick from Loher IT Service GmbH

The system is more or less easy to use, but pray not to run into any problems.

Pros

The user interface has improved the most. Easy to handle and clean designed, you will find what you are looking for.

Cons

Together with the Hyper-V agent you always need some further "local" agents for Exchange or SQL. With this agents instlled the VM shows up twice (one from the local agent and one from Hyper-V agent). This confuses the user and it get worse when it comes to agent updates - there the one machine can show the actual version wehre the other remains on the pervious build. Mac agent still causes more problems than the Windows versions. When comes the XenServer integration as we have them for Hyper-V and Vmware??? I miss a link between the Alerts with the error logs and the support article in the Acronis knowledge base.

Eli from Wolf Consulting, LLC

Peace of Mind Without a Lot of Management

Overall, Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud keeps systems protected without a lot of management. It has been a good experience using the product.

Pros

Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud allows us to keep all critical systems backed up and protected. The cloud backup feature allows backups to complete anywhere without the need to worry about physical drive connections.

Cons

Depending on Internet connection speed, backups can take a long time or not complete at all. Be sure all users have sufficient Internet connections.

Jeff from SalesPad

Set it, Forget it, and Know That Your Important Data is Backup Up

I've been using Acronis backup products for nearly a decade, and their Cloud backup solution for about two years. I use it on a few computers, and it works very well on all of them! I typically use it to create a full image backup to a USB drive when I first get (and configure) a new computer, and then do automatic, file-level backups to the cloud on a daily basis.

Pros

Acronis Backup Cloud is straight-forward to install and setup on your computer, then runs quietly in the background, and includes robust ransomware detection. It also has a cloud-based management console which allows you to manage and restore from your web browser. There are some great plans for those of us who want to use it on multiple computers. I also called their support to handle a minor issue, and they got it resolved very quickly for me.

Cons

The only thing that I wish was better, is using the web-based management console to mange backups that from multiple computers. It seems like it groups all of the files together in a mass, single directly, and I'd like to see this be able to be separated by computer name, etc.

Dan from dmi Networking

The partner of ours that drives the most growth

Disaster recovery, ransomware protection, and sleep at night.

Pros

Acronis delivers backup and disaster recovery services that span from simple local backups, to encrypted, virtualizable backups both locally and to the cloud. Support is very good. Acronis comes out with new disaster recovery solutions that are affordable for our clients fairly regularly. Backup and disaster recovery, through Acronis, has driven quite a bit of growth over the past several years.

Cons

The website requires a lot of clicks, but over time I've seen vast improvements to the web portal.

Reasons for Switching to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud

Shadowprotect was too expensive for our clients, and required too much configuration

Tyler from dmi Networking

It's a pretty robust software that's easy to set up and customize to each customer.

It's so much more customizable and flexible than other backup software we've used in the past, and offers much easier management. I get email alerts if there are more than 3 days with a backup failure, and can see what the error message was within the email so if it was something like a disc not being connected, I don't have to log in to the management software or the server, I can just give the office a call and check in with them.

Pros

You can easily tailor it to exactly your specific needs, and adjust those over time without having to remake the entire backup plan.

Cons

The latest update made the management interface a lot slower to load and to navigate. While it's clean and logical where things are located, it's just slower than it used to be, and requires drilling down through multiple layers, adding loading after loading. This occurs on all computers within our office and at my home office, and here we're getting 359.9 down and 73.1 up, so I really can't imagine it's an issue on my end. Hopefully this is fixed in a future update of the management portal.

Luke from KC Computers

Acronis Cloud backup has been easy to configure, and a great product for our MSP customers!

Pros

Acronis has been easy to configure and reliable for offsite backup solution. The ability to integrate with RMM solutions has been greatly beneficial for our company and the companies we support. The reliability of the offsite backups, ease of restoration, and consistency of backups make this product one of the top on our list.

Cons

Could use a little more direct customer support. Perhaps additional methods of initial seeding, but otherwise the product is pretty solid.

We've been using Acronis Backup Cloud to backup VMs located in public cloud environments.

Pros

Agent deployments and updates are very straightforward, and the backup policy has just the right amount of configurable options without being overwhelming or confusing.

Cons

The API methods available are primarily focused on tenant/customer entity management vs. management of the actual backup policies and agents. This is on Acronis' road map however, and they've been making steady improvements since we began using the product.

David from Highlander I.T. & Telecoms

Scaleable cloud backup solution

Pros

The interface is unfussy and easy to install on clients. Offers lots of flexibility in backup schedules and destinations. The restore process is very simple and effective.

Cons

Can be pricey depending on circumstances.

Bill from ComputAssist

Very flexible backup and recovery package

Have tested most of the business backup solutions out there. Acronis hit the sweet spot in terms of features and availability. It's available through distribution so you can pay for only what you use. It's multi-tenant for MSPs. Backed up Windows and Linux desktops and servers. It allows for local and/or cloud storage.

Pros

Multi-platform! Very flexible in the types of backups (full, incremental, differential), the retention policies, the storage destinations, etc.

Cons

While it is able to restore to a virtual machine, this is something you'll want to try ahead of any need for it. There's a bit of prep work to do to get a VM restore to work.

Matt from XtremeTech LLC

Overall great product and service! User interface needs a little tweaking.

The software has allowed my company to backup and restore critical client data, when computers and servers decide to stop functioning. You can restore data to another device with different hardware without a problem. You can also restore directly from the cloud servers, so it saves a lot of time, stress, lost productivity and lost profit.

Pros

The software works very well. It protects our companies and clients data. Easy to restore data from local or through the internet with boot media. Easy to install the backup client and setup reoccurring backup schedules. The data backed up is always complete and not corrupted. Would recommend the software to anyone!

Cons

The web portal interface needs a little tweaking. For example, to increase or decrease the storage space available to a user, you have to change it in 2 spots, not just one. So, if you don't do it in both, the size with remain as it is. Also, the interface locks up and stops responding at times. For the value the software offers, I will deal with the cons!

Peter from DP Financial & Tax Inc

No news is good news

Peace of mind!

Pros

I like that I don't have to think about my backups being done. I used to have to manually back up to a hard drive then I moved to a more automated system but still had to baby sit it. With Acronis I don't have to do anything unless I get an email saying there is some sort of problem. I have Acronis managing my onsite as well as offsite backups and I love knowing that my critical data is safe.

Cons

Sometimes the error messages I receive from a failed backup are a little confusing/unclear. There will be times when a backup runs for several hours and then I get an email saying there was not enough free space on my local backup machine. Couldn't it have predicted that ahead of time by simply running a size query for the target backup as well as the source?

Jason from DataTegra

Amazing experience best backup and disaster recovery solution on the market

Pros

Capability of restoring is on a next level, does not matter what it is Acronis can restore it in the event of a disaster. The ease of use when setting up is also a big plus as it is a few click and you are up and running backups.

Cons

There is no Acronis data center in South Africa, also no local support. Apart from that there is no cons to using the product it just works and does what I expect it to do. I would just recommend a stronger presence in South Africa as it is a big draw back.

Chase from PA Connect

Customer service is an absolute joke and near impossible to get a response in a timely manner.

A solid backup solution when it works. Once it works it tends to stay working. The only issues is if it's not working, you will have to figure it out on your own, next to no support!

Pros

The software does exactly what it was made for and fairly straightforward to use. Recovery is very quick and seamless.

Cons

Not necessarily the software, but the support is almost non-existent. We put in tickets and it takes days to get responses. Probably the worst customer service we've ever experienced. As a business partner, you think you would get back to them in a timely manner when they are having issues with the backups not working a little faster than within 4 to 5 DAYS!

Joshua from Webs

Solid backups, reliable restores

Overall this has saved us a couple of time from human error that could have set up back a lot of hours of work.

Pros

The ability to dig into a backup and retrieve a file without having to download the entire backup is just awesome. I've used this feature multiple times and it's fantastic.

Cons

The admin layout took some getting used to, once you've got it, it's very functional and it makes sense, for me though it took me a couple of tries to grab hold of.

Acronis Backup is a lifesaving backup solution.

Pros

What I like most is that the backups can be saved almost anywhere. If I have a large dataset, I can opt for physical data shipping so I can create the first job on a local NAS, ship to Acronis, and then incremental jobs will go over my pipe after that. It works flawlessly every time.

Cons

What I like least is that I cannot go and fix some errors myself. I like to be hands on but due to the nature of Acronis BC, it can be difficult to find where the error may be originating from. That being said, Acronis support is amazing and more than happy to review my system logs to help me out.

Jeremy from Jabtech

I have been using Acronis for years, the cloud feature is seamless and makes backups easy

Pros

the unattended features offered, including the cloud backup storage and regular scheduling, make backups only a secondary concern

Cons

the recovery process can often be slow , and a download may take more time than we would like for emergency situations

Mauro from Saputo Dairy Products Inc.

Industry: Dairy

Acronis simplicity

One of the most straight forward and seamless imaging and backup software I've ever used. Anyone can use it

Pros

The simplicity of it using the software for personal or business use.

Cons

Nothing so far! I have never run into any issues using Acronis.

Brian from Montrose Recreation District

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Acronis Cloud

Love the product! Easy to configure, backup, and restore.

Pros

I have Fiber internet now and the upload of data to the cloud backup service is super quick and reliable. Restoring a backup was super helpful recently even though I had only lost a single file.

Cons

Internet access is required and your backup and restore speeds are entirely dependent on the WAN network.

Razmig from 365 iT SOLUTIONS

Great tool for MSP's!

Pros

Very flexible and easy to use. For the most part it is very reliable and fast. Switching from WSB to Acronis cloud gave us good management of all our cleint's backups.

Cons

Sometimes I think support could be a bit better but recently I have been having good experience. Wish they have Office 365 SharePoint support.

Jessy from PAconnect

The software itself is rather stable and overall very easy to work with.

Pros

Ease of deployment and versatility. We can set it to backup anywhere or multiple locations very quickly. We love the fact that its cost is based on space used and not how many agents there are. We have some clients that have very little data but lots of agents, so this works perfectly

Cons

Our customer Support (mspsupport@acronis.com) does NOT get back to us even days later. We need keep reaching out to get anything answered and support is highly unresponsive.

Ad from Ad Persoon Computer Support

Fine product, works good

Pros

easy to manage from every location, many way to backup, to usb disk and the cloud, easy to recover from USB disk, and in case of emergency to recover from cloud

Cons

recover to other hardware is possible when there is an emergency (like fire ) you can recover from each location to other hardware

Henry from Direct Tech

Good Product

Pros

Easy to install. Easy to perform recovery. Works with older Apple OS. Allows for central management which is key for MSP Providers.

Cons

Website is slow and needs to be more user friendly. Integration with Connectwise Automate needs work. Needs update to work with new Apple OS.

Peter from OptivITy Ltd

All in one solution for both cloud and onsite backup.

Pros

The ease of setup and cloud console for overview of backups makes it an ideal solution for engineers and administrators to deploy

Cons

Ability to create customised reports for individual devices. At present option is not available to generate a usage report on a per device level.

Tyler from 27oz, LLC

Amazing backup software.

Pros

Does everything you need for a backup software. It even does more than that and all at an easy to use pricing structure.

Cons

It is designed for Service Providers, not end users. It can be confusing for users, but with the right support from an MSP it's fantastic.

Matt from Summit

Terrible QA with new features. Not worth the hassle

Pros

Basic functions are easy to use. If all you want to do is basic Backup its usable. The webinterface is easy to learn as long as its working that day.

Cons

Software constantly has bugs and Acronis likes to implement new features that aren't ready. They often remove features and then tell us to "program" our own solution around it. As an MSP serving many customers, its not worth the trouble. When we had a critical restore that would not restore and we were told it was a "bug". A bug that means you can't restore is a deal breaker for a backup solution.

Pretty good, so far.

Pros

Easy integration with LabTech. Also, Agents can easily install on all OS out there. Console is clear to follow through the backup progress.

Cons

Waiting for updates... I really want the Office 365 email backup fixed asap. Waiting for direct backup between Acronis and Office 365 than using agent on the server.

Chris from EFI

We use Acronis in a small branch office.

Pros

Easy to setup and use. The administrative interface is intuitive and did not require significant admin training. Backup have been fast and reliable.

Cons

There were differences between the cloud and on-prem software options. We did not find the cloud option would scale to our larger offices.

Acronis platform is good, we resell it and there is also good marketing/training support.

Pros

The UI is fairly easy to navigate. Pricing decent, and it's nice to be able to back up multiple devices sharing one quota.

Cons

Support was better before the company was bought out, now we get to a call center and only get someone knowledgeable after our issue is escalated which wastes a lot of time.

Gavin from Rogers Corporation

Used the free license to support backup for 2 Hyper-V guests.

Pros

Free to use with a lot of features. The administrator GUI is simple and just a few clicks you can set up the backup target and destination with different options. It does support Hyper-V and VMware as well. The customer support is awesome, they will help you right away once you have a chat or ticket open.

Cons

Nothing to complain about, had only one issue so far due to conflict of with the Windows Server Backup feature, but customer support was able to provide a solution.

Reliant but rather expensive

With the vast amount of different cloud-services it can really be hard to pick the right one. I think, if money is not the limiting factor for you, Acronis is a very reliant and transparent service. There might definitely be cheaper alternatives, that can keep up with Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud.

Pros

You get coverage for up to 5 devices and most importantly mobile devices are included in that. The 500GB should really be sufficient as a private person an their policies on data-protection are transparent and clear.

Cons

The pricing feels rather high, compared to other offerings and the minimum duration of 12-months requires for a full commitment to this product.

Rafael from Corporativo ICSI S.A. de C.V.

It has been a reliable tool

Pros

Easy Backups, Easy to administer console, friendly web interface, personalizabe, ready to use, simple update agents

Cons

Maybe, a easy way to view de backups Jobs, that there were more agents for different platforms and applications

Lance from Van ausdall and farrar

Industry: Chemicals

It was geeat

Good backup plan

Pros

It allows me to build out my business continuity platform to make sure i have all of my backups in orser

Cons

It is hard for my admins to use. They are often on with support too frequently about the setup of success.

Jennifer from A Dental Office

Affordable and effective for small businesses

Pros

Acronis is a very stable backup system with encrypted backups that runs overnight. The dashboard is sleek and easy to find a backup. Acronis alerts you via email if it runs into any problems. It's amazing to not have to manually do the backups. Overall, a very effective product!

Cons

We have only tried the free trial at this time! Very happy with the results.

Acronis Cloud for MSP

Pros

The cloud interface is easy to use and well organized. Backup status and progress are intuitive and detailed.

Cons

Error codes do not always make sense and are not well described.

David from Computer Services

When it works, it's pretty good

Pros

The agent installer comes as an MSI so it can be deployed via script/GPO. the installation procedure is very quick.

Cons

When it works, it's decent. When it doesn't work, it's a disaster. The email notifications are nearly useless, with error messages that are cryptic at best; troubleshooting frequently requires assistance from support. Support is hit-or-miss, with initial (non-automated) response times running from a few hours to 2-3 days. It is possible for backups to be complete "successfully" but still be corrupted.

Chad from One Source Communications

Works well most of the time, easy

We got a cloud based console that help desk techs could use to easily manage customer backups. We feed that into Labtech and we have a pretty fault tolerant system to guarantee our customers good backups.

Pros

The ease of setting up a new job. A few clicks, and both local and cloud backups can be provisioned.

Cons

The difficulty of resolving issues if things don't work automatically. If changing the VSS provider doesn't work, then you are at the mercy of Ingram Micro's tech support, and they just relay issues back to Acronis and waste time.

Acronis Backup Restore

Pros

Acronis interface is user friendly, the interface connected to the servers with no issues, schedule and restore functionality is easy to use.

Cons

The interface can be slow if ran in the middle of the day. Have found that running the backup during off times helps to resolve issue.

Walter from Pro-W Intnl

Industry: International Trade and Development

Easy to set up but difficult when needed

My own experience has been that the restore data is not in a format that permits restoring on parts of an entire backup. When restoring a particular group of files, the backup required me to restore the entire computer backup which would have meant the loss of a large amount of work that was done between the time that the backup was made and when it was going to be restored. Other backup programs save data in the same formats that are used daily, therefore the restore action is straightforward and simple.

Pros

Very easy to set up and to start backing up your data and your files. A usually highly rated product.

Cons

Very user unfriendly when one needs to find particular backed up files. Complicated restore process.

Bryan from Netsource-One, Inc.

Service has been much more successful at backup jobs since the recent updates.

Pros

Entirely cloud based, no agent required. Makes for offering a solution to a client that may not necessarily have a Windows server available very plausible.

Cons

Limited self-troubleshooting capabilities, log files that are difficult to decipher. In the past, getting detailed information from support was very difficult.

Patrick from Jabtech

Used Acronis for multiple clients. Works as expected.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to ignore bad sectors for cloning drives, etc. Also allows for restore of file level backups

Cons

Inability to ignore bad sectors for clone activities. Only during backup operations. This has caused some headaches.

Shane from ELBO Computing Resources

Works for the most part. Technical support could be more responsive and helpful.

being able to tell people they have backup software is installed.

Pros

The option to backup full disk images is nice. Process to restore data in the event of an emergency is fairly easy.

Cons

Interface is slow. Successful restores are not consistent. Backup jobs and clients seem to break at random. Technical support is slow to respond (I've put in tickets and have gone a week without hearing anything concrete on the status of their investigation).

Jason from Haselkorn, Inc.

Not happy with restores

Pros

Not many issues once its setup and working properly. It seems to just work. GUI has improved as far as perfromance is concerned

Cons

Restores take forever. I cannot easily mount an image to perform a server or workstation migration. Web GUI is still a bit slow

Chuck from Applied Imaging

Acronis support has been awful. Still don't have integration with ConnectWise working.

Pros

Makes backups at a reasonable price. Works with a variety of operating systems and offers a single dashboard for review.

Cons

Can't back up files as they are used. Can't get integration working with ConnectWise. Support is awful, we have a ticket that has been escalated and each step takes a week to get a response. About 4 weeks since starting the support ticket and still no answer.

mutty from MyITCrew

Acronis Access Review

Pros

The only solution I have found to really work in realty to be able to recover. Easy to use nice interface.

Cons

Sometimes when we run in to issues but it gets resolved by support

Tyler from KC Computers

Overall good product. 95% works as designed with minimal effort to correct the errors

Cost effective backup for our customers. Nice to have an offsite backup that you can count on.

Pros

Ease of setup and configuration is a huge plus. Being able to configure different jobs with bandwidth throttling is also a huge positive. Love the integration with Connectwise Automate.

Cons

At times getting notifications that a job has succeeded only to log in and discover there are actually failures. May not necessarily be a flaw with the software, but a location/configuration one.

Christopher from Grant Consulting Group LLC

Frequent issues with backup console site. Price per GB can get a bit expensive.

Learning more about the Windows OS when troubleshooting issues with the supportive Acronis support team members.

Pros

It is cross-platform. You can install it on many different OS's, even outdated and unsupported versions of Windows. It is great for environments with diverse makeups.

Cons

It is buggy and not 100% reliable. The site goes down or becomes degraded for various issues regularly and it seems like there are issues with the US2 data center a lot.

Excellent product

Protecting my data

Pros

Acronis Cloud Backup product is: Robust, reliable, efficient, and has a comprehensive easy to use interface.

Cons

Acronis Cloud Backup product and respective licenses are expensive, if compared to other online backup products

Ronald from Grant Consulting Group LLC

It works at time but it also tends to mess up at times.

An total backup of the system so we can install new Hard drives from ones that died.

Pros

When it doesn't it a pain to figure out what's going wrong and how to fix it without support help.

Cons

When it works it works well but when it doesn't it a pain to figure out what's going wrong and how to fix it without going to support.