• Pros

• "Easy to use, visibility of the end points status, my auditors loved it"

• "Like everything...easy to use, deploy and budget friendly. GREAT customer service!"

• "Fast, Reliable, easy to configure and very easy to use."

• Cons

• "The core patch anagement features are great, but since there's an agent there may be some additional capability that could be added: Send message to user, shutdown computer, uninstall software, etc."

• "Lack of formal inventory planning, they are getting there but I dont think its a priority yet, however at the print point automox is a great value."

• "Reporting has made huge improvements in the last year but still has room for improvement. They're also adding 3rd party software but currently don't have wide coverage."

Browse Automox Reviews

Nathan from Capital Insurance Group

Finally a software deployment tool that just works

We had a very successful POC which showed how much time we would be saving using their platform. Automox can automatically deploy patches endpoints need for OS or third-party applications. I'm also very excited about the features they will be adding to their platform.

Pros

I love how responsive the product is for being agent-based. Multi-platform support makes it easy to use one product for your patching and software deployment needs. Automatic scanning which uncovers which patches are needed for installed applications/OS. Their live dashboard makes it easy to determine the level of compliance. Their built-in live chat makes it easy to connect with Support to resolve issues.

Cons

Their current reporting makes for troubleshooting deployment issues difficult sometimes but their support is top-notch and I've been told this is being addressed as is on their roadmap.

Reasons for Choosing Automox

Automox proved to be the most solid all-around product. Patching user endpoints was definitely a pain point for our organization but Automox made the process much easier.

Response from Automox

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the great review, Nathan! We're glad to hear you're having a great experience with Automox. Reporting updates are absolutely on the roadmap. Stay tuned for exciting reporting updates coming soon!

Mike from Margate City School District

Automox

Outstanding. Product has done exactly what is advertised (patch management) at a fair price. Support has also been great for the few times I had needed to reach out. They stayed on top of the ticket until it was resolved.

Pros

As a very small department with hundreds of computers with various software packages installed, I needed a way to top-down see the patch cadence. Automox was quick to deploy and quick to start getting results that I could take action on.

Reasons for Choosing Automox

Price and demo trial period felt closer to what I was looking for.

Response from Automox

Replied May 2020

Thanks for the review Mike! We do actually have the ability to do the things you listed in the Cons section using the Worklets feature. Check out the Worklets category on our community where we have Worklets to send messages, shut down computers and remove unwanted software. If you need help getting a Worklet written to accomplish a task, please reach out to us and we're happy to help.

Did not work correctly.

Could not get this to work effectively even on just two windows servers, contacted support and got an initial response but nothing more. Looks nice and would be a good solution if it worked, it just seems unfinished and flaky. I suspect you need to enable a firewall rule for 3rd party updates to work ( suspect the same for Linux) .

Pros

Looks nice, works fine with Linux ( as long as firewall is set up) fairly simple setup.

Cons

Did not pick up that our 2008 test machine had not patched in 2 years. Did not show all the "Supported" 3rd party software. No Logs. Did not have any info on updates not applying. Policies did not seem to apply correctly. Still requires WSUS( or risk using online windows updates which kill bandwidth) No Linux Onsite Cache

Abhilash from New America

Perfect for mixed environments

I wish I had signed up for Automox earlier. It has reduced my department's overhead regarding maintaining updates quite a bit.

Pros

Where to start -- > Easy deployment > Can be used as a basic inventory management system > Integrates with Crowdstrike Falcon > Windows computers no longer need to be in the network to receive updates from the server > Can be used to replace Jamf for Macs since this handles Mac updates as well > Other than OS updates, Automox updates many apps like Adobe, Zoom, Webex as well > Excellent admin interface and dashboard

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but I would like a note/remark option under each computer so that I can add notes or encryption keys

John from EquiTrust Life Insurance Company

Streamlining and simplifying our patching strategy in a "Do More with Less" world.

Automox has significantly reduced our time it takes to patch our systems. We also are patching additional risks that were difficult to cover with other products. The result: A better security position for the company based on the risk reports we present to our executive leadership and risk committees.

Pros

This product is easy to configure, distribute, and use. It has cut down our patching cycle significantly, plus it doesn't require babysitting like many other solutions on the market. The biggest "like" though is that it has significantly reduced the risk of our company based on the reports we run from our vulnerability scanning.

Cons

UI continues to need some improvement; however, they do publish updates regularly.

Reasons for Choosing Automox

We were also using Ivanti at the time to some degree, but the product is a bit of a train wreck as it is similar to a teenager's room. It gets out of control and is difficult to manage. It is also very resource heavy. I only have so many personnel resources I can use, so we needed a solution that was easy to implement and use.

Response from Automox

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the great review, John! Time to patch is a critical metric we believe more organizations need to understand and act on to ensure they're reducing security gaps. We agree that the UI needs some attention, and we've been actively working on some pretty cool updates. Stay tuned!

Danny from Tooele Technical College

Awesome product

Automox is the first patch management software I've used that I can trust to get the job done without babysitting. That said I did take 4 months of babysitting to prove to myself that I can finally relax, a little, and not worry about the job getting done.

Pros

Fast, Reliable, easy to configure and very easy to use.

Cons

The only issue I've seen so far, not really a problem just an annoyance, is when you sort by "Group Membership" it sorts the pages separately instead of truly sorting by the column. Like I said, just annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Automox

After completing a 25 machine trial for 30 days I was convinced this is the product for us.

Response from Automox

Replied November 2019

Hi Danny! Thank you for your awesome feedback. We hear on you on your frustrations with around group membership sorting have it on our roadmap to solve! Glad to hear you like our product and it's very easy to use!

Corey from Tekside.iO

Possibilities are endless - Not just an update platform

It's been a delight working with the software and the Automox team themselves. They're a great bunch that truly understands the needs of their customers. Solid A+

Pros

Windows Updates were our only priority when finding a solution, but once I realized the potential of what they had on their roadmap... I was hooked. Windows Updates/Software Patch Management/Custom policies/Reporting/Live dashboard.... It is a hefty tool that I plan to take advantage of as long as possible. They're always improving and adding features, and they take customer feedback very seriously. I've seen features fixed/updated or even features I've suggested on their roadmap within a week of discussing.

Cons

Originally, dashboard performance was hit/miss. It has improved a lot since then, and they're still working on further improving performance.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thank you so much for the feedback, Corey! We appreciate the grade on our work and are excited to hear your experience has been excellent! We are constantly improving performance and are glad to see you noticed as well as the features we add. We're excited for the future and to work more with happy users like yourself.

Daniel from The Biltmore Company

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Simple and Stable Patching Solution

Great, zero complaints. Support has been excelent, the one time I needed to contact them (which was due to my lack on knowledge rather than an actual issue.)

Pros

Easy UI to Learn, Easy to setup Patching Policies, Easy Install Process, Fast and Knowledgeable Support, Fast UI Load Times.

Cons

Possibly too simple for companies that want more hands-on control with patching.

Pricing and Simplicity

Response from Automox

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the great feedback, Daniel! We're happy to hear you're having a great experience and see the value of the hands-off approach. As for more hands-on control, we have some features on our roadmap to address this!

Ken from Scott Fetzer Consumer Brands

Made my Job much easier

I was using an old Windows Update Server (WSUS) which in itself was a pain, but that only updates windows. Automox updates windows plus all of my other software that I have installed.

Pros

Easy to use, visibility of the end points status, my auditors loved it

Cons

Nothing really, it is as advertised. It made my job much easier

Much easier to use

Response from Automox

Replied November 2019

Fantastic, Ken! It's great to hear that you're job is easier from using Automox. Thanks for the great review!

Shawn from Veeva Systems Inc.

Amazing cloud based patching tool

Deployed to a mixed Mac/Win shop. Really good initial results. 3rd party app patching is superb..

Pros

100% cloud-based. Able to adapt quickly. Still growing integrations with other popular MDMs and management tools. 3rd party native app patching is a growing list.

Cons

Needs some more default options around reboots(coming soon) and reporting engine(coming soon).

Reasons for Choosing Automox

Best fit for what we needed with 100% cloud design.

Response from Automox

Replied May 2020

Thanks for the review Shawn, and it's been great working with you on the Automox community! - Nic

Game Changer!

I found Automox at a conference and purchased about two weeks later. The team has been great to work with and stayed in touch, unlike so many others that disappear into the night after the PO is signed.

Pros

It took me nearly 20 years in I.T. to finally find a patch/update solution that I liked and that actually worked. In most simple terms...Automox just works! Setting up Automox itself was trivial. Installing the client is one of the easiest clients. After that...check in periodically, approve patches, and rest easy...because for once you know your systems are actually patched. Plus you have reporting for management without any extra effort.

Cons

It needs to grow more. Right now it still doesn't support 100% of our software, including some heavily used well-know titles. Support for other software needs to grow by at least 10x if it's going to have a chance to succeed. The software deployment piece also has some kinks to work out.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

That's for the great feedback! We agree that supported software needs improvement and are actively working on it! If you're open to it, please send our Support team (support@automox.com) the software titles you would like to see as it can help us prioritize our list.

David from St. Andrews First Aid

Cloud based patch management ideal for multi-site and remote users

I have seen a big improvement in patching remote systems and laptops over the last two years. The cost involved with Automox is offset by the time that would have been wasted on WSUS and the non-profit discount is a great help.

Pros

The software is simple to deploy and requires little attention once installed, but ensures excellent endpoint visibility. If you consider patching to have the same importance as endpoint security, you need a tool like this to see the patch status of your endpoints and servers.

Cons

You need to remember to delete retired endpoints from the console.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Well stated, David! Thanks for your input and we agree the retired endpoints reminder is a great idea. We will add that to some other discussions around our roadmap.

Brendan from Root Insurance

Trifecta - Mac, Windows, Linux management

Even though it is new, I am impressed. Any new start up would be crazy not to give this tool a look. Any IT shop that is cross-platform should give them a try too.

Pros

The requirements of my management tool were hard to fill: support the 3 major OS client flavors, be run as an SaaS offering, and it must not depend on Active Directory. I was surprised to find all 3 requirements were near impossible to find, heck even 1 of the 3 was a challenge, 2 seemed impossible. Then I stumbled on Automox - all 3 boxes checked. The test drive was simple - and powerful. The tool is fast too! Once a client is installed it is mere moments until a complete hardware/software inventory is reported in the console, and policies are ready to be deployed. Need software to go out to a Macbook, Windows laptop, and Linux rig? It can do all three.

Cons

The solution is new - and still working on features. It isn't buggy as you might expect, but it lacks great reporting, and a few features I would love to see. However they do respond to requests, and they do share their roadmap with customers. So I know some of the drawbacks are already on the way to improvement.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the feedback, Brendan! We're excited for the future of reporting among other areas we're focusing our efforts this year.

Automox - SaaS Patch Management for IT teams

Due the fact that we have globally multiple locations and are workforce is also remote, Automox solve many issues which we had before to keep our computers up to date and patch against the latest security threats. We had tried few products and none of them was so simple to use, deploy and get to business ion very short period of time for our IT team.

Pros

Simplicity of deployment, not requirement of long training to get use to it, cross support for Windows/Max and Linux. Ability to patch system that are remote and not physically in the office.

Cons

In beginning there were not many features and no SSO support -- this has been quickly added into the product in very short period of time.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thanks for noticing our new features, we appreciate it! We have more coming, stay tuned!

Gary from Mobliciti

Timely patching, and save time!

Pros

It reduces the amount of manual work I have to do on users machines to ensure they are patched and up to date. I can easily identify when critical patches come in and inform users what's happening, creating that great user experience.

Cons

The notifications have been slightly problematic for us as users do not know what is updating (on the basic patching licence). Office has sometimes just shut down in the middle of a user doing work. This could be addressed in the full version by creating custom policies for certain high-touch products/software packages. Reboot notifications could do with being more obvious to the user, who is highly likely to simply click it and not pay attention, though this is not direct failing on Automox's part. A small change in wording may help change the impact ("Install now" vs "Install and reboot")

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Great feedback, Gary! Thank you! We're happy we could save you time and keep your machines patched and up to date. As for your thoughts on the notifications, we agree and appreciate your input here. We have notifications on our roadmap and look forward to hearing more from users like yourself down the road.

Manoj from Pulse Solutions

Industry: Information Services

Simple software that continues to get better

The software is simple and rollout is seamless, the console ensures we know whats going on for updates on our inhouse and cloud servers, this relieves a lot of manual work which we used to do on the boxs to keep them upto speed with windows updates.

Pros

Constant upgrades, good service and clear communication.

Cons

Best in market OS agnostic cloud native patch/vulnerability remediation solution.

Fully solved our need for patching/vulnerability management. Full stop.

Pros

Automox's laser focus on patching/vulnerability remediation makes beats multifunction competitors who try to do too much and fail in multiple areas. If you're looking for patching stop and try Automox now.

Tina from Fidelity Savings

Program updating made easy!

The interaction is the Automox customer service is great; any question I have had has been answered quickly and concisely.

Pros

The Automox program has made my life so much easier. The installation and set up process is extremely easy; once you add your servers and workstations, set up groups and assign the IP addresses to the group, you are finished. The reporting is easy and clear and the notification process is as easy as checking a box and reading the email!

Cons

I have not found any cons. My experience with Automox has been wonderful.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thank you so much for the great review, Tina!

Darrell from Baxter IT

Easy cloud management for updates and patches for OS and software

Gives us an overview of computer updates and problem computers

Pros

Easy to deploy with group policy and has an easy to read dashboard that makes it simple to spot problem computers. Supports multiple organizations without having to use different logins

Cons

Takes time to learn the new interface after major updates, does not have an obvious alert when you run out of endpoint licences

George from Dizzion, Inc.

Great product. Easy to use and deploy. Phenomenal Customer Service.

Automated patch management for my end-users. Peace of mind for my team and I knowing that we do not need to manual patch systems.

Pros

Organization deployment is quick and painless. Current UI is lightyears ahead of the previous version which makes navigation easy and logical.

Cons

Small UI quirks here and there. Scheduling is not as exact as I would like. All of which is on their road map.

John from St. Joseph School

Great patching solution

Automox has been great in terms of support, billing, new features, etc.

Pros

It is web-based and easy to use. Login, review or kick-off a patching cycle and that's that!

Cons

Hmmm, that is a tough one. I think all patching software has problems getting all of the patching done so there still is some manual intervention, but a small percentage.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great review, John!

Michael from Quicken Inc.

Great cloud based Patch Management solution for local and remote user devices.

Pros

I run an IT department that has multiple US and International locations, patch and update management is always a chore across multiple OS platforms. AutoMox solves this issue for us and gives us great reporting for security, compliance and support needs. AutoMox has also helped us greatly with new MAC OS X deployments and software compatibility issues that require updates. Ease of use. Very easy to get up and running in minutes. I am very grateful for the stability and lack of bugs within the system.

Cons

Lack of SSO, SAML and MFA adoption. With this application having the ability to touch all systems from your company that are added, a better security model for account access is required. A login password only does not cut it these days. 3rd party software list needs growth.

Greg from Insidetrack

We've been running Automox for a year and have had a great experience.

We were able to do away with our wsus server and need for a vpn connection.

Pros

We are a completely cloud based operation so the ability to manage our asset updates via the cloud is amazing.

Cons

Over the past year, we've had lots of issues with the site loading slowly as well as the reporting function needs some work.

Jeff from City of Havre de Grace

Automox Rocks!

Pros

Cons

Nothing so far :) I've enjoyed using it and hove referred others who were looking for a solid patching solution.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the referrals, Jeff! We're always glad to hear your experience with our Support team is excellent.

Josh from Nexgen Packaging, LLC

Automox is the perfect tool for our patching & inventory needs!

Security for our PCs, Macs, and Windows-based servers. Our accounting department likes that I can pull up specific information about users & computers.

Pros

Ease of use & outstanding graphics for representing the data - those are the 2 things that stand out the most. This software gives us peace of mind knowing that our remote company-owned devices are being patched. The developers are doing a great job of keeping up with the latest security threats. I love having current threat info easily accessible within the Automox dashboard. Their tech support is excellent.

Cons

I would like to see more attention given to the 3rd party software deployment policy so the steps involved in creating the policy make the deployment even easier. More compatibility and guidance.

Rocks

Windows has been horrible this year with their patches, automox has been wonderful.

Pros

Ease of set up, dashboard is simple and shows what I want to see.

Cons

Problems with Windows updates, there is more manual restarts than I care for.

Response from Automox

Replied November 2019

We are happy to hear you had an easy setup and can get the information you need efficiently! Yes, Windows updates can be challenging but know that we are working diligently to optimize how our system manages those updates.

Josh from Nexgen Packaging, LLC

Perfect patching solution for our mixed environment

Without Automox I would have no way of knowing for sure that our devices are patched. We do not have a Mac management tool or local Active Directory. Automox has been the perfect solution for our needs.

Pros

The ease of use. I love the ability to see everything at a glance in the portal, and it is so easy to apply policies and settings.

Cons

I would prefer to have the ability to search on additional properties of the connected devices. Currently the search is limited to built-in filters.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the feedback, Josh! We're so happy you're loving Automox. We'll keep your idea about searching in mind as we continue to make enhancements this year.

Manuel from NETGEAR

Great tool for Patch Management

I have been looking for a tool to help with patch management and Automox by far is the easiest to implement. We have a small IT staff and having Automox in our toolbox boosts our productivity. Thank you Automox!

Pros

Easy setup, UI is a no brainer, lots of effective tools for patch management.

Cons

It did not cover the smaller apps like Foxit, Winzip, etc.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Manuel! We're glad your onboarding experience was easy and the UI creates a simple path for you to patch your devices. Regarding the smaller apps, stay tuned! We have something coming this summer for 3rd party application support.

Mike from Nuwave Investments

Awesome Product

I was in search of something cloud based to replace WSUS. Its worked really great so far

Pros

Cloud Based, browser based, the reporting function

Cons

I have not come across something I dont like so far

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thank you, Mike!

Norman from UPS

Automox WSUS

Ease of use , reporting on the spot patch updates and management

Pros

This software really automates a function that can be very task oriented.

Cons

Automox not only automates Microsoft patches but other software and helps keep a very good track of my inventory

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thank you, Norman. We are happy to hear your experience is going very well!

Matthias from Superior Endeavors

Expensive, but cheaper than remediating a zero day

We were having issues with our existing patch management software, the jump to automox was easy and only took a few hours to deploy and setup policies. It is basically set it and forget it, just pay attention to your failures and remediate as needed (very few require more than a "retry")

Pros

It just works! Policy management is super easy Patching is hardly a thought anymore Additional scripting is a neat "lite rmm"

Cons

Lacks true multi-tenancy UI can get a little buggy with lots of groups Email alerts are not super detailed

Response from Automox

Replied February 2020

Glad to hear you're liking Automox. We do have plans to improve functionality for MSPs around multi-tenancy. You can check out our roadmap here: https://portal.productboard.com/automox/1-automox-product-portal/tabs/2-under-consideration

Brent from USA Volleyball

Solid Patch Management Application

Pros

The software is simple to configure and use. It just works without intervention.

Cons

Inability to tell if a user is logged in to a target machine.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Brent! We have flagged your idea for improvement internally.

Isaac from ZOLL Data System

Overall it's a great software patching software

Pros

Easy to navigate and use. Also has the ability to provide easy to read reports to present to higher ups to show them that patching your software is important and Automox was worth the purchase.

Cons

It lacks logging capabilities right now. For example if someones machine fails to update, or reboots when it should not have, there's not really a good log view in Automox to identify the root cause of the issue.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Isaac, well stated and thank you for your review! We love the idea of logging and root cause self service for our users. It's on our roadmap!

J.R. from spcaLA

Nothing better than this software

Exceptional. Prior we used WSUS. It was terrible. But you get what you pay for.

Pros

We get alerts every Wednesday of patching that failed and we can easily take action. We love Automox

Cons

nothing. We love it. it has made our jobs so much easier

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Great to hear, J.R.! We're so glad you're loving Automox and are excited to have you as a customer while we continue to improve the product!

David from Hopelab

Could be waaaaay better

Pros

It's easy to setup. Relatively affordable to other options. The UI is great! But that might be it's downfall as well..

Cons

I wish there was an ability to get more optional info on the Dashboard. The ability to do mass actions is very hidden and not straight forward. Also, I dislike that fact that I have to create a policy to make mass computers perform an action. There is no "select and execute" feature.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the feedback, David!

Matthew from Methodist Theological School in Ohio

Solved our patch management problem cost effectively.

Pros

It just works. The client is easy to deploy and it is easy and intuitive to configure the policies. You can be up and running in a very short period of time.

Cons

Not really a con, more of a request. Would like some better help/instruction/examples on custom policies.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thanks so much for the great review, Matthew! We're talking internally about that help for Custom Policies and are excited about the future!

Fardis from Unicarriers Americas Corporation

Industry: Industrial Automation

Let Automox do your patching

I am happy with the professional service from Automox.

Pros

I do not worry anymore about the patching.

Cons

I believe for the user with more than 200 devices price need to change.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Fardis! We're always very happy to hear that your patching needs are solved with our product. We appreciate your feedback on the pricing and will take that into account in the future to meet our customers budgetary needs.

Scott from Cooke Aquaculture Inc.

Industry: Fishery

Safe bet for patch management

The ability to keep our endpoints security patches up to date saves us time and gives us peace of mind.

Pros

-Straight forward UI -Easy deployment/enrollment -Easy scheduling -Lots of scripting potential

Cons

-32 bit agent requiring 32 pit powershell scripting -Reporting capabilities could be more elaborate -No pending reboot notifications for user

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Excellent feedback, Scott! Thank you!

Great piece of software

Overall, the product has been really easy to use and the support team has been great as well.

Pros

Really easy to use, its a great alternative to Active Directory with a bunch of group policies for smaller organizations. Also useful on servers, to have a central view of updates and how critical they are.

Cons

Some of the documentation was a bit lacking, especially around custom policies to install specific software packages.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the feedback! We're happy to hear your experience with our product and support team have been great. We agree that documentation could be improved and are actively working on it!

Fast and straightforward

Pros

Very straightforward to setup and you can be up and running very quickly. Windows and Mac supported. Custom patching, so you can keep virtually any software up to date.

Cons

Custom patching is a little tricky but the examples given are pretty good. The format of the reports is a bit naff. Could really do with making clearer and a bit more attractive. Would be good to be able to select multiple teams the include in a single report too.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the input around reporting, we agree it could use some energy and we have it on our roadmap!

Derek from Maranello Technology Management

Excellent product for maintaining software updates on all of your managed endpoints.

Pros

I like that this platform allows you to easily see which systems are not in compliance and remedy them.

Cons

The only feature I would like to see added is the ability to instantly initiate the updates installation on a specific endpoint, or either have the updates queued for the installation as soon as the endpoint becomes connected to Automox. For example, laptops that are not usually online during the scheduled update window.

Laurence from Christians Against Poverty

Great product, with some exciting new features in the pipeline

Better automation of patching

Pros

Clean UI, good value for money, prompt technical support. Windows support is very good. Easy to set up and get agents reporting and patches deploying.

Cons

There seem to be some issues with Ubuntu security patches, around the severity of them and whether they are applied or not

yash from rSolutions

Industry: Security and Investigations

Awesome tool!!!

Pros

Just one click and patching for updates is done.

Cons

so far so good and nothing to dislike about it.

Response from Automox

Replied June 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Yash! It's great to hear your experience is going very well!