All AVG Internet Security Business Edition Reviews

Avg

Sushil

Industry: Information Services

Protection for your PC

overall if you want to protect your PC do install AVG Internet Security after successful installation of OS on the PC. So that AVG Internet Security works very well and always protect your PC.

Pros

AVG Internet Security protects your PC from harmful viruses from local as well as from the web. It has its own algorithm for detecting viruses. I used another antivirus for didn't fix my computer. then after I installed AVG Internet Security it fixed my PC completely.

Cons

The one and only cons of AVG Internet Security is occasionally it removes system files, which may crash your OS. But it removes only infected files.

Does the Worrying for You

I started using AVG in 2001 when the guy running the IT Dept. at the organization I was working for at the time recommended it. What was really attractive about it was that it was FREE. They do offer paid subscriptions as well but he explained to me that the areas not covered by AVG Free are covered by Microsoft in the security Windows comes with. He was right. And as time went by both AVG and Microsoft improved their security. It was so easy to integrate across all platforms too. I've been a fan ever since!

Pros

There is nothing about AVG that I didn't like; let me start there. Very simple to download and install on every device and platform I use - desktop, laptop, cell phone and iPad. They all offer it. Once downloaded and installed, they give you a number of different options to choose from depending on the type and level of security you need. It was a seamless process from start to finish.

Cons

Nothing at all. As mentioned above, there is not a thing about this software that disappoints or a threat that they don't offer security for. As new threats are discovered, they constantly update their software to address those issues as well. Great product all around

Reasons for choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

For me it was the ease of use. To be able to get a high quality, FREE software, that was so easy to load on all my devices - and only have one account to worry about - was it. I'm no tech expert and Norton seemed way too involved and the price was prohibitive. That may be the easy way out (in terms of choosing and using software) but I sell ads; I'm not a computer person. I'd also add that since making that decision 20 years ago, I have NEVER been infected or had someone hack my computers

Neal

Industry: Printing

Locks down your system

Overall, I have mixed feelings about AVG. On one hand we haven't had any breeches of data and on the other hand it has made life difficult every time there is an update making sure we have the exceptions set properly to allow our software to work properly. You would think for the price you have to pay they would account for such things but they simply don't.

Pros

Protects your system from intruders, constantly updated, keeps up with the latest viruses and threats.

Cons

The software locks down your system a little too well. We use other software that requires a hardware key that has to constantly connect to the company to prevent piracy. The AVG software updated and started blocking all the authentications for our software and we lost a whole day and a half of production because we couldn't get it to communicate because AVG kept blocking it. Customer service kept playing the blame game saying it was the other company who was responsible.

Ross

It's good but a little pricey

This is one of those solutions that is working well for small and medium businesses where maybe they just need something that is going to do the job well enough and don't have the skills or finance to have something with more options and features set-up. At least this is where I have seen the value of it. It sets up easily isn't too much of a hassle in the background and if you're just using standard software then there's unlikely to be any need for anything more than AVG for business. If the price is manageable, then it's a good solution.

Pros

AVG provides all the familiar options for customising the "when where and how" for scanning the incoming and outgoings from a business, and these are handled well. However the most noticeably good thing for us when we replaced our previous protection was the increase in responsiveness for our slightly aging machines. AVG seems to have gotten back to being relatively lightweight which is great!

Cons

I don't like the console, it's a bit difficult to navigate and some unintuitive buttons and options for controlling and containing things. Mostly these are fine and may even serve to make it difficult to do anything particularly dangerous or silly without knowing what you are doing but they can act like a hurdle if you do want to tinker around more than normal. Also we hated the aggressiveness of advertising in the free version.

Reasons for choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

It was a known name and while the console is frustrating to use and navigate, for the people I was installing it with it was still better than the alternatives.

Reasons for switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Norton was incredibly frustrating in terms of system resource use and pop up notifications

Nibaruta

Recommended for both computer and mobile devices

With a good system, it's a good software to have or consider having. It has helped me remove/clean my devices in just one click probably could have cost me more to reset should have been an attack without antivirus.

Pros

The Antivirus is easy to install and implement as allows you to select what you want and just click next. it helps you protect your devices in critical moments. I'd say prevention is better than cure don't wait to be attacked

Cons

Sometimes it can slow down the system or notifications reminding you to pay can be annoying. It could be done better to make customers feel easier, not pressurized to make payment.

it's more user friendly

Reasons for switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

AVG was easier than its competitor thou they all do the same job but I preferred more AVG

Antonio

Great security option

Pros

The sheer amount of options and security features it provides.

Cons

Sometimes it gets memory hoggy and decides it is the boss of my pc :)

Price, number of options

Reasons for switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

AVG had better offers and offers more protection.

Abhik

Industry: Computer Networking

AVG is one of the most recommended antivirus and Internet security

I'm using AVG Internet Security for Windows for more than 8 years and I'm happy with the products.

Pros

I most the AVG Firewall. It's one of the best firewalls available in the market and better compared to other internet security like Dr Norton etc. Every application can have a specific firewall rule. Even system processes, consuming bandwidth, can be blocked.

Cons

Nowadays, like many other antiviruses, AVG slows down the weaker systems. The customer support is also not too good.

Reasons for switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

AVG is cheaper and better compared to Kaspersky.

Roberta

AVG review

It seems to be a good buy,I like the way it works this far,But it seems to bogg down my phone and tablet so I need to see what's causing the slow surfing and update my review

Pros

I like that The Avg software alerts me when my security been breached.It sends text alerts on my phone It is very easy to use.It also cleans up and shuts down running apps I do like that feature.Ive tried other security that seemed to work but I was dissatisfied with the way it worked on my phone and Tablet.I haven't had too many issues with AVG.

Cons

I dislike the time it takes to scan and stop app's And it seems to bug me a lot lol It should scan and send a report back to me so I can see what app is running too much.Time is money I'm not sure but my phone seems sluggish and if it's the AVG app doing it, I'll uninstall it.So I will get back on that It might be something going on with my cell phone.But so far I can't narrow it down.So that's about all so far it works for me.

Reasons for switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

I didn't like it I think it needs to be worked on or updated because It just was cheaply made.

Christopher

Industry: Computer Networking

Fairly complete security package not very resource hungry but that may be changing

In the past we had suggested customers change to this when things like Norton are too resource hungry for their systems. It's a good overall security suite , something for everyone! lately we have had to fight with it being a little too over sensitive at times though..

Pros

I really like the free trial they offer / modes and how simple or complex you can get prepping the settings / security protocol. It's not as heavy as other antivirus / packaged suites either.

Cons

Over the years I noticed they are getting a little pushier trying to get people to pay from the free versions... and also as they stick more and more into the suite it really is starting to get resource hungry which is sad. It's still a great product but I don't recommend it as much anymore because of this trend.

Reasons for switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Norton was eating up to many resources and missing the mark / not detecting the latest threats.

JMo

Quality Without the cost

I made the switch from a competitor because the competitor was getting too expensive. A month after I switched, the competitor I switched from hacked my bank account information and stole my new debit card information to renew the subscription I had previously canceled. Once the competitors stole my banking information there was no going back and I stuck with aVG

Pros

Relatively simple to use, very user-friendly in fact, free antivirus software with no noticeable gaps in coverage and the ability to subscribe to premium features inexpensively. Plus it’s not owned by those crooks at Norton.

Cons

There is an annual push to try to convince you to upgrade and buy a premium subscription for less frequently used features and the repair of less common software errors.

Cost benefit analysis

Cost benefit analysis

Bishal

Best (free) antivirus

I was really very satisfied with this product. Initially, I used the free version which was satisfactory, but later I switched to Full protection, which totally changed my experienced and I'm in love with AVG. Better protection to your device without losing your device's speed, what else do we need?

Pros

AVG has a free version which is very good if you want to try using it. Its installation is also very easy and user-friendly. If you are satisfied, you can move to full security which has the best all-around protection for all your devices. The best thing about AVG which I really love is, it has low memory use so it doesn't slow down your computer/device while scanning.

Cons

AVG's free version enables only basic protection which is very common. Settings are a little more complicated. Sometimes it detects the .exe file as a virus which creates problems in installation.

Christopher

Industry: Research

Versatility

We are constantly on potentially open networks,wifi,data when uploading from the field, I am confident that we are protected

Pros

Versatile, a key item for all our mobile devices. Essential in keeping our mobile equipment safe and secure. Easy install, setup and operation

Cons

No real cons, have not had any negative issues. Free version works well but upgraded version is better with no ads

Price and historical experience

sheri

AVG Internet security

I am very happy with the security it provides me. I surf the web a lot and it will let me know if sites are unsafe.

Pros

I use this on all of my home computers. It makes me feel safe when I am surfing the web. It can check often for viruses.

Cons

There are not many cons to this software. I think I need to explore the settings it has for keeping my computer totally safe.

Reasons for switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

I could not afford the rising prices.

Thabile

Best internet security

Pros

I love the fact that not only does AVG protects you from the virus but it also speeds up your device and gets rid of things you don't need. It has gave me peace of mind

Cons

Avg prevents some softwares to be installed on my PC which it feels they are threats or maybe those softwares are a problem

For better security

Marc

You get what you pay for

Good enough but I wish the free version wouldn't have so many pop ups.

Pros

The basic version gets it done, it keeps Windows defender at bay.

Cons

The advertising can get a bit obnoxious, it constantly asks you to upgrade to the pro edition which isn't cheap.

Free