Browse AVG Internet Security Business Edition Reviews

Romanio from Kingston bookshop

AVG Internet Security review

Great antivirus software with very decent features, definitely telling my friends about this one.

Pros

It as powerful real time protection from viruses, malware, spyware etc. You have the option to set priority on certain areas you would like to scan as well as full system scan and it also provides protection when using your browser to surf the web.

Cons

It often picks up alot of false positives during a system scan, especially if you have certain games install on your computer, though there is a way to set the antivirus to ignore certain files in the settings of the app.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Avast Business Antivirus is an ok product, but I switched because I realized that AVG Internet Security had more to offer.

Ross from Massey University

It's good but a little pricey

This is one of those solutions that is working well for small and medium businesses where maybe they just need something that is going to do the job well enough and don't have the skills or finance to have something with more options and features set-up. At least this is where I have seen the value of it. It sets up easily isn't too much of a hassle in the background and if you're just using standard software then there's unlikely to be any need for anything more than AVG for business. If the price is manageable, then it's a good solution.

Pros

AVG provides all the familiar options for customising the "when where and how" for scanning the incoming and outgoings from a business, and these are handled well. However the most noticeably good thing for us when we replaced our previous protection was the increase in responsiveness for our slightly aging machines. AVG seems to have gotten back to being relatively lightweight which is great!

Cons

I don't like the console, it's a bit difficult to navigate and some unintuitive buttons and options for controlling and containing things. Mostly these are fine and may even serve to make it difficult to do anything particularly dangerous or silly without knowing what you are doing but they can act like a hurdle if you do want to tinker around more than normal. Also we hated the aggressiveness of advertising in the free version.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

It was a known name and while the console is frustrating to use and navigate, for the people I was installing it with it was still better than the alternatives.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Norton was incredibly frustrating in terms of system resource use and pop up notifications

Dexter from ass3k

Customer Service NONEXISTENT

Problematical from day one. Received error message on installation. Never got that corrected.

Pros

The idea for AVG is great. The price is excellent. First off invoicing turned into a problem as I was billed 3 times for the same software and attempting to explain and have them understand left much to be desired. A coordinated piece of software that incorporates system management, as well as antivirus, should command their market share easily. When customer support is absent only a few customers, have sufficient skills to set up and optimize new software.

Cons

Billing was an ongoing problem. On my network, when I attempted to add a new machine; the billing was continually a source of errors. I was billed 3 to 4 times when I added a new machine and finally gave up and removed this software. The main problem area was the lack of communication skills. No one in my group could speak the language of the support group and so it stayed an area of serious problems. I still think their program is a good idea, yet it is way too soon in their development and they left the main area untouched and that is/was customer support!

Reasons for Choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

I felt we could consolidate into one solution. Product was not ready yet.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Looking for more robust solution!!!

Regina from Celepar

Excellent network protection!

I feel the computer is protected with this solution.

Pros

Security in the network and firewall environment (real-time protection).

Cons

There's nothing that bothers me as a user, I found it easy to use.

Nibaruta from Purple Sky Technology Inc.

Recommended for both computer and mobile devices

With a good system, it's a good software to have or consider having. It has helped me remove/clean my devices in just one click probably could have cost me more to reset should have been an attack without antivirus.

Pros

The Antivirus is easy to install and implement as allows you to select what you want and just click next. it helps you protect your devices in critical moments. I'd say prevention is better than cure don't wait to be attacked

Cons

Sometimes it can slow down the system or notifications reminding you to pay can be annoying. It could be done better to make customers feel easier, not pressurized to make payment.

it's more user friendly

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

AVG was easier than its competitor thou they all do the same job but I preferred more AVG

Does the Worrying for You

I started using AVG in 2001 when the guy running the IT Dept. at the organization I was working for at the time recommended it. What was really attractive about it was that it was FREE. They do offer paid subscriptions as well but he explained to me that the areas not covered by AVG Free are covered by Microsoft in the security Windows comes with. He was right. And as time went by both AVG and Microsoft improved their security. It was so easy to integrate across all platforms too. I've been a fan ever since!

Pros

There is nothing about AVG that I didn't like; let me start there. Very simple to download and install on every device and platform I use - desktop, laptop, cell phone and iPad. They all offer it. Once downloaded and installed, they give you a number of different options to choose from depending on the type and level of security you need. It was a seamless process from start to finish.

Cons

Nothing at all. As mentioned above, there is not a thing about this software that disappoints or a threat that they don't offer security for. As new threats are discovered, they constantly update their software to address those issues as well. Great product all around

Reasons for Choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

For me it was the ease of use. To be able to get a high quality, FREE software, that was so easy to load on all my devices - and only have one account to worry about - was it. I'm no tech expert and Norton seemed way too involved and the price was prohibitive. That may be the easy way out (in terms of choosing and using software) but I sell ads; I'm not a computer person. I'd also add that since making that decision 20 years ago, I have NEVER been infected or had someone hack my computers

Reece from ColdCast

Basic Reliable Security

A decent level of security for free. But if you need advanced security, you will need to pay.

Pros

There aren't many bells and whistles out of the box here, but it does provide a decent level of security without cost, and has a long history of being a trustworthy company. I would recommend AVG to anyone on a budget needing basic levels of internet security.

Cons

Over the years, it has started to feel more and more money-oriented. In the past it was completely free and almost felt Open Source, but not anymore.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Because Norton is one of the worst security companies out there, and do nothing but slow down you computer. AVG does most things they do for free, and is much lighter on your CPU.

Ramses Miguel from Quick Learning

The security that you need.

I this is practical, easy to use and effective, I have been using this software for years and I feel very satisfied with the quality and result of it.

Pros

This is the perfect example of what I was looking for, I wanted an antivirus, I finally chose this one and I feel very happy to work with this software before it is easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

I think that sometimes the software consumes a lot of ram and it is a little slow.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Norton was very expensive and it was so slow, and it was difficult to handle with viruses.

Roberta from Green Valley Lawn Care LLC

AVG review

It seems to be a good buy,I like the way it works this far,But it seems to bogg down my phone and tablet so I need to see what's causing the slow surfing and update my review

Pros

I like that The Avg software alerts me when my security been breached.It sends text alerts on my phone It is very easy to use.It also cleans up and shuts down running apps I do like that feature.Ive tried other security that seemed to work but I was dissatisfied with the way it worked on my phone and Tablet.I haven't had too many issues with AVG.

Cons

I dislike the time it takes to scan and stop app's And it seems to bug me a lot lol It should scan and send a report back to me so I can see what app is running too much.Time is money I'm not sure but my phone seems sluggish and if it's the AVG app doing it, I'll uninstall it.So I will get back on that It might be something going on with my cell phone.But so far I can't narrow it down.So that's about all so far it works for me.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

I didn't like it I think it needs to be worked on or updated because It just was cheaply made.

Christopher from Central Square Technologies, inc.

Industry: Computer Networking

Fairly complete security package not very resource hungry but that may be changing

In the past we had suggested customers change to this when things like Norton are too resource hungry for their systems. It's a good overall security suite , something for everyone! lately we have had to fight with it being a little too over sensitive at times though..

Pros

I really like the free trial they offer / modes and how simple or complex you can get prepping the settings / security protocol. It's not as heavy as other antivirus / packaged suites either.

Cons

Over the years I noticed they are getting a little pushier trying to get people to pay from the free versions... and also as they stick more and more into the suite it really is starting to get resource hungry which is sad. It's still a great product but I don't recommend it as much anymore because of this trend.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Norton was eating up to many resources and missing the mark / not detecting the latest threats.

JMo from JMoEntertainment

Quality Without the cost

I made the switch from a competitor because the competitor was getting too expensive. A month after I switched, the competitor I switched from hacked my bank account information and stole my new debit card information to renew the subscription I had previously canceled. Once the competitors stole my banking information there was no going back and I stuck with aVG

Pros

Relatively simple to use, very user-friendly in fact, free antivirus software with no noticeable gaps in coverage and the ability to subscribe to premium features inexpensively. Plus it’s not owned by those crooks at Norton.

Cons

There is an annual push to try to convince you to upgrade and buy a premium subscription for less frequently used features and the repair of less common software errors.

Cost benefit analysis

Cost benefit analysis

irving from Irving Auto Sales

avg protects your computer for free! "And it reallyworks"

its been great for years... add ccleaner and your safe and fast

Pros

i like free, and it protects my computer from getting killed by viruses for free

Cons

always trying to get me on paid sit but thats understandable..

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

my computer guy recommended them

Antonio from TTB

Great security option

Pros

The sheer amount of options and security features it provides.

Cons

Sometimes it gets memory hoggy and decides it is the boss of my pc :)

Price, number of options

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

AVG had better offers and offers more protection.

Bishal from Aqore

Best (free) antivirus

I was really very satisfied with this product. Initially, I used the free version which was satisfactory, but later I switched to Full protection, which totally changed my experienced and I'm in love with AVG. Better protection to your device without losing your device's speed, what else do we need?

Pros

AVG has a free version which is very good if you want to try using it. Its installation is also very easy and user-friendly. If you are satisfied, you can move to full security which has the best all-around protection for all your devices. The best thing about AVG which I really love is, it has low memory use so it doesn't slow down your computer/device while scanning.

Cons

AVG's free version enables only basic protection which is very common. Settings are a little more complicated. Sometimes it detects the .exe file as a virus which creates problems in installation.

Lisa from Mighty IT Computer Repair

AVG Internet Security Business Edition is not terribly reliable

We tried to use the product so that all of our workstations would have a standardized antivirus that was updated and could not be bypassed. It worked correctly when I installed it originally, but gradually stopped working over the years, and finally, allowed a catastrophic virus to be executed on a system and spread throughout our network.

Pros

I could make sure that all workstations had the latest updates fairly easily in the Admin Console, as well as install it on a new workstation from there sometimes. It did a reasonably good job of preventing viruses, although the cost of that protection was pretty high in system resources, administrative time, and money.

Cons

It let an encryption ransomware .exe file run on a protected workstation which did a tremendous amount of damage before I realized it was there. I had a cloud backup from which I was able to restore everything, but it took days to get the encrypted backups removed (it was on "continuous" backup, so as the virus changed files, they were backed up) and the good data restored. Also, as OS software was updated over the years we used it, I had to repeatedly change network and firewall settings to allow the Admin Console to see all the workstations and to push software. In the end, I believe there were still two machines that could not be reached through the Admin Console, even though I followed the instructions posted on the AVG website.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

We wanted the ability to manage all the workstations from a central point.

Lenedge from The Top Tech World

Great protection for your device

This antivirus has kept my computer free of viruses, malware, and ransomware for 2+ years. Although it has some minor issues involving update frequency, It is a great choice for your first antivirus software.

Pros

This software is great because it is easy to use for people who are not computer literate. It works wonderfully defending against viruses from downloads and email attachments. It is very user friendly and operates quietly in the background allowing me to work on my computer undisturbed.

Cons

The antivirus is sometimes slow and there are many updates, which can be inconvenient.

Abhik from IIT Bombay

Industry: Computer Networking

AVG is one of the most recommended antivirus and Internet security

I'm using AVG Internet Security for Windows for more than 8 years and I'm happy with the products.

Pros

I most the AVG Firewall. It's one of the best firewalls available in the market and better compared to other internet security like Dr Norton etc. Every application can have a specific firewall rule. Even system processes, consuming bandwidth, can be blocked.

Cons

Nowadays, like many other antiviruses, AVG slows down the weaker systems. The customer support is also not too good.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

AVG is cheaper and better compared to Kaspersky.

Joseph from Sparrow Websites

A good solution for internet security

I like that I know AVG internet security is running in the background keeping me safe from virus' and other malicious attacks.

Pros

I have been using AVG for some time now - it is simple to use and makes me feel secure while I am using my computer. I like that it warns you when you download something from a site that might not be safe.

Cons

Sometimes the popups are a bit annoying, though I believe you can turn these off in the settings. Cost is also a bit high.

Best internet experience in my life

As a summary, I can surely say that AVG internet security is the best internet security providing app i ever used in my life. I really love multiple options in this app and highly recommend to anyone without any second thought.

Pros

AVG internet security is one of the best quality internet security software in the today world. The best thing about this software is it can scan very quickly and very accurately detect viruses and spams. Also this app can set up automatically functioning tool such that we do may take any action. App automatically scan and take actions to viruses and spams in this mode. So that we can save our time. Also this app having very user friendly interface which anyone can easily adopted.

Cons

In some times time taken to scan viruses and spams took some considerable time. But we can surely say that this software doesn’t miss any virus or spam. Also this app needed good internet connection to function properly.

Sushil from Information Technology

Industry: Information Services

Protection for your PC

overall if you want to protect your PC do install AVG Internet Security after successful installation of OS on the PC. So that AVG Internet Security works very well and always protect your PC.

Pros

AVG Internet Security protects your PC from harmful viruses from local as well as from the web. It has its own algorithm for detecting viruses. I used another antivirus for didn't fix my computer. then after I installed AVG Internet Security it fixed my PC completely.

Cons

The one and only cons of AVG Internet Security is occasionally it removes system files, which may crash your OS. But it removes only infected files.

Christopher from Biopure

Industry: Research

Versatility

We are constantly on potentially open networks,wifi,data when uploading from the field, I am confident that we are protected

Pros

Versatile, a key item for all our mobile devices. Essential in keeping our mobile equipment safe and secure. Easy install, setup and operation

Cons

No real cons, have not had any negative issues. Free version works well but upgraded version is better with no ads

Price and historical experience

James from Real Wisconsin Website Design

AVG Free or Paid Version?

As mentioned WE've used Both the Free Versions AND the Paid For Versions and You Do Get What you PAY FOR!

Pros

As we all know AVG has a Free Home version that finds it way in to many Enterprise Businesses that are trying to save a buck. However their Paid Version is much more Robust and does get the Job Done! Therefore if your a Business you really need to purchase their Internet Security Business Edition. We have used BOTH! The Paid For Version is Highly Recommended!

Cons

I notice a lot more false positives with AVG that without BitDefender Installations but it was a close race! I would say that Price would dictate a lot of the installations we've seen with the caveat that the IT department stay on the ball and run MalwareBytes from time to time to see if either installation has missed something. All these programs have variations on their databases so we've found it's a good Idea to do this.

sheri from sedwick

AVG Internet security

I am very happy with the security it provides me. I surf the web a lot and it will let me know if sites are unsafe.

Pros

I use this on all of my home computers. It makes me feel safe when I am surfing the web. It can check often for viruses.

Cons

There are not many cons to this software. I think I need to explore the settings it has for keeping my computer totally safe.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

I could not afford the rising prices.

Josiah from Glass One

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Great, but not the best

Overall AVG is a good choice, but would not be my preferred solution. I did have a good experience with their customer support team though.

Pros

AVG Business Edition comes in at a good price compared to some other antivirus business solutions. It also performs very well and protects again most malware.

Cons

The business edition did not have as many features as some other business solutions we tried such as Avast

Eugene from Rosenkreutz Institute

AVG IS TOP!

I like it because it gets the job done. It will segregate the viruses and explain them, which is a very helpful feature, so you can look up the history and data of the little demon - or sometimes see what programmers have put in their software that potentially can hurt your business.

Pros

Excellent product and easy to use, well trusted, and gets the job done. You will be very happy with it.

Cons

It can slow down the computer and get in the way until you get used to it. So you have to play with the schedules and time them when you're not doing heavy processing work.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

I think AVG is way better, and almost no comparison. It is a serious difference too because AVG acts in a way that allows you a lot of control over the end result in the chain of processes. Go with AVG and you'll be very happy and will be able to keep your computers virus free.

Simon from Cyber Sushi Design Ltd

Great to keep work machines and family machines safe

Very happy and grateful for a product that even offers a free version.

Pros

Updates regularly to keep our computers safe from ongoing threats. Easy to use and doesnt slow machine like other anti virus brands.

Cons

Nothing even the free version I can highly recommend. Download it for free and give it a try! Even recommended it to friends.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Slowed down machine this doesnt!

Best internet security software i ever used

This is one of the excellent software i used to secure my data while connected to internet. This software can easily downloaded and installed to any kind of device without any difficulty.Also having user friendly interface and automated decision taking opportunity.

Pros

AVG internet security is one of the most popular antivirus software in the world. It provides ultimate security to our devices specially we are connected to internet. Malware and spam are scaned and blocked automatically by this software. That is the best thing about this software. Also new versions of AVG internet security having blocking ability of inappropriate adds playing. This is also another advantage for any user.

Cons

In newest versions of AVG internet security software , some abilities can not accessed without paying money. Also some new kind of viruses can not identify by the system.

Thabile from New Fresh Concepts

Best internet security

Pros

I love the fact that not only does AVG protects you from the virus but it also speeds up your device and gets rid of things you don't need. It has gave me peace of mind

Cons

Avg prevents some softwares to be installed on my PC which it feels they are threats or maybe those softwares are a problem

For better security

Sandro Roberto from ACOPAMEC

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

AVG é sinônimo de segurança, rapidez e confiabilidade no combate as ameças virtuais

Pros

O programa é auto explicativo e vai aprendendo com o usuário quais os hábitos de navegação na internet, além de mostrar a melhor forma de tornar a navegação segura e o que realmente deve ser baixado. Rapidez e praticidade ao verificar arquivos em busca de ameaças, facilidade de programação de escaneamento do computador para um momento em que o usuário não esteja trabalhando com a máquina, aviso de tentativas de invasão, mostrando que a proteção é realmente em tempo real

Cons

Infelizmente o fato do programa iniciar junto com o Sistema Operacional faz com que o acesso seja demorado. Isso também acontece quando a máquina é desligada. Demora um pouco para o comando ser obedecido justamente pela atuação do programa também no momento de desligar

Review for AVG Internet Security

Simple, but at the same time security software for basic use.

Pros

Nice and simple UI. Auto scanning on the plug-in of a USB disk or removable disks. Do not consume many resources.

Cons

In my experience, some viruses were not found. For example, "hidden virus" was famous here (Sri Lanka). AVG didn't detect it.

Jeffrey from Chase bank

Wonderful

Wonderful experience used on my personal laptop on a daily basis

Pros

I've been using this software for years and in all honesty prefer it to the expensive versions such as McAfee

Cons

You really can't go wrong with this software switch for McAfee and I'm very happy would recommend to anyone

Naveed from Future Kenya Ltd

Future Kenya - AVG

Protection

Pros

Ready to use as Deployed, Not bulky on System Resources

Cons

The Advanced Settings vis-a-vis the information on the web, not always aligned e.g. Certificates for Email

Reasons for Choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

the balance between system resource usage and the protection offered

Marc from Self-Employed

You get what you pay for

Good enough but I wish the free version wouldn't have so many pop ups.

Pros

The basic version gets it done, it keeps Windows defender at bay.

Cons

The advertising can get a bit obnoxious, it constantly asks you to upgrade to the pro edition which isn't cheap.

Free

Eduardo from The Six-Year Kugel High School

Eduardo Lina - AVG Internet Security

As far as protecting my Personal Computer, AVG has performed very well. I hav made it a point to renew my subscription very year because, to put it simply, I trust it and feel I get full value for the money I pay.

Pros

I trust this software thoriughly. It has warned me when my computer was at risk, prevented me from making mistakes when accessing potentially danerous sites, provided me with advice as to how to act in case of danger from malaware, etc. I have been buying this product for a number of years because I value its worth.

Cons

When I got AVG Tuneup and protected my cellular device, too, I blocked several features on my phone.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

read about AVG and heard advice from people who had been using the product.

Manoj from Atca

EASY TO USE , competitive pricing

Network security and phishing

Pros

Very user friendly and good features with latest updates

Cons

Lacking of cloud edge and ability to receive instant uorates

Reasons for Choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Pricing and ease of installation

Trevor from Fly by bytes

AVG security

This product will protect many ways like banking and stopping viruses before damage your computer system. Keeps Spyware and other malicious programs from attacking your system.

Pros

The software is fairly simple to set up and use it offer just like many others on The market today. The product offers two versions free and unlimited we have the unlimited version. This software will stop viruses and spyware, and other malware are just some of the features this product offers. This product will also help in securing your payments like banking system to protect your online banking. Again is feature is not available in the free version.

Cons

The issue I ran into we're that the scanning takes up a lot of resources and slows down your computer. The price is like many others on the market your paying for a subscription service which is only a year and needs to be renewed. The software also seems to have to be updated, which is a time concern for many users.

scott from Medium Blue

great tool for peace of mind - and free for individuals

I have used both the free and corporate versions of the software, and the fact that my company has never had a major issue with viruses is enough for me to recommend it.

Pros

Obviously, the fact that it is free for personal use is a big plus. But it is my go-to (in tandem with Malwarebytes) to clean up any infected computer. It's never failed me to this point.

Cons

This is probably a little nitpicky, since they are a for-profit company, but they tend to oversell the upgrades if you use the free version. Not to say that they aren't worthwhile, but if you only want to be able to scan your machine for viruses periodically it can get to be a bit much.

Pam from The Appointment Biz

A Great Anti-Virus Software

I have used AVG for several years and have recommended it to others. It is my go-to anti-virus now. I have used a number of different anti-virus software programs. This one has proved to be the most reliable, the easiest to install, and to have the fewest conflicts with other programs I'm running or trying to install.

Pros

It's very simple and intuitive to use. You install it, set it up, and feel reasonably secure that the software will catch, quarantine, delete, or repair any issues resulting from malware or viruses. It runs in the background without interference.

Cons

It can be hard to find the area you want to set automatic scans or other features.

Kenny from REAL ESTATE PROS

AVG SECURITY

Well, Duh! We have to keep the hackers out of our business. Especially the ransomware guys, they are notorious.

Pros

The price can't be beat. It kept viruses and bad actors away from my computers very well. In this day and age, they are everywhere.

Cons

The scan feature was not thorough enough. I needed it to scan all my files, not just some of them. .

Reasons for Choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

The price was good and reviews were good.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Because I got trojans in all 3 of my computers, cost me $250 to get them removed!!

AVG is a great option for those looking for a free anti-virus software

AVG Internet Security is also a great option as it can help with advice on dodgy websites, webcam intrusions and even firewall help. It can also show you if you are being tracked. All helpful solutions.

Pros

AVG has to be one of the best anti-virus software products out there. I have been using it for a long time now and it has always helped in finding the odd virus or malicious malware. It also regularly updates its virus database.

Cons

Not many. The only thing is that you have to manually scan for viruses. As long as you do this regularly you will have no problems.

Júlia Ana from Júlia Ana Editorial

Industry: Writing and Editing

AVG- Protecting cell phones and PCs against viruses

I don't consider the application complete, I could have some options, like: cleaning up junk mail, warning about unsafe websites, blocking navigation.

Pros

AVG antivirus is very interesting, starting with the space, which is little, then, for its practicality in handling, atiavr, in short ... it is different from some annoying and complicated antivirus, this is quite easy. It has security in applications, in navigations, wi-fi networks ...

Cons

The application sometimes has an error and crashes. But nothing that restarting the device does not solve.

Adam from IR

I love AVG

It has picked up and automatically protected me against several threats over the years and I fully trust this software to do its job and protect my data,

Pros

The free tier certainly is what first attracted me to this software and the low pressure to upgrade afterwards built great personal respect for this brand. It is so easy to use and keep updated for that peace of mind that everyone needs.

Cons

No options for ADP at Router level protection. I have a router that does have options for AV at router level and could not find options to add AVG to this.

MICHAEL from laivly

A reliable antivirus, malware and web security application

An all in one antivirus, malware and web security that is reliable and secured.

Pros

It is an all in one antivirus, malware and web security application. The free version gives you the basics for having security in your laptop/pc. With the paid version you will also get ransomware protection that is really good for businesses.

Cons

The least I like about AVG internet security is it is not cheap but with the cost it also gives you more security on your web browsing and also the ransomware protection is really good to have.

Marcie from Ribbons of Learning

Free but Annoying

It ran often, but I'm not even sure it did a great job, since my computer ended up running really slowly. After using it for several years, upon the recommendation of a friend, I finally deleted it and switched to McAfee, which my husband recently purchased for our devices.

Pros

I used the free version of the software. Once downloaded, the program runs in the background, though you can run a specific scan whenever you want.

Cons

I did *NOT* like that the I was constantly getting notifications to upgrade! It was so annoying & frustrating every few days it seemed!

Muhammad Rehan from Egylum

Best Security Software

overall i will Recommend the AVG internet security it will protect your computer from hackers and spam sites and emails.

Pros

Protection for online security threats. Filter Spam Emails and block access to unknown websites which can harm your computer or can access to your private information.

Cons

some time we want to access some government websites or banking websites to log in from chrome browser but the the software block the access through chrome and then we need to use internet explorer to open that website.

Nick from Fedex

Probably the best security software I’ve had

I use it for my personal pc, it came with a 2 year subscription when I bought it, and I purchased another year.

Pros

First off I can say I have never gotten a virus while having avg installed. It’s an easy installation, it automatically updates and runs scans.

Cons

It’s kind of expensive, about the same as all security software. Although I have never gotten a virus with avg, I think there is some malware/adware that it doesn’t protect against. But this can be easily fixed with free software.

Candice from Cebu Pacific Air

Browser is secured

Blocks malicious malware, cleans viruses, and keeps browsers protected.

Pros

AVG has this full protection for your browsers. It automatically cleans the viruses and malware on the browsers you had used. Keeping a firm internet browsing experience and blocks malicious malware.

Cons

Takes time to scan big files, yet no other problems using this software. Such a good application. Keep the updates up!

Joel from Infor

Security and protection

This is recommended for everyone, to have their devices stay protected and secured.

Pros

I've been using for many years. This so perfect and making my computer, laptop, and devices I use at home or at the office all protected. This must be used by everyone. I used it to clean my flash-drives as well. Amazing and robust security which is needed nowadays.

Cons

Maybe sometimes it slows the performance of the computer I am using, when it is scanning. But overall, it is of great help.

Stewart from BWFH

AVG Review

The software also has a file shredder that destroys any file you place in it so no one can find it or restore it on your computer which is a nice touch.

Pros

AVG has good malware protection and a light system impact, includes a powerful file shredder and quickly scans drives. But Avast and Avira have more useful features, and Bitdefender has better malware protection.

Cons

This software slows your computer more than other antivirus software we reviewed. The software is also very difficult to remove from your computer once installed.

David from Idaho State University

A great product for the rest of us

I have used AVG for many years on my personal computers. I don't have tons of money to use on computer security and AVG works great.

Pros

It's easy to use and configure. This has been consistently easy to use and has helped to protect my computer for years. Why pa for an expensive product when one that is cheaper like AVG just works?

Cons

I haven't found any real downsides with this software once you consider the cost. This is a lower cost product that works well.