What are Bitdefender GravityZone users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Bitdefender GravityZone software through verified user reviews

• icon"It doesn't slow my computer like norton did, and it is great in realtime protection."
  • icon"Multi-tenancy options, APIs advanced integration with several SIEM platforms (we tested the integration with Sumo Logic). The attractive price point (if compared to other EDR vendors)."
  • icon"Its a very good, smart solution, easy to use and no complicated, no need complex architecture to use and to be secure."
  • icon"The interface was very difficult to navigate through. Deployment of agents was not the easiest and clients always reported that they were missing scans even when powered on 24/7."
  • icon"The management interface is clunky. Everyone complains about that."
  • icon"Bitdefender is sometimes suspicious with files that may be necessary for usage in your PC and may sometimes block them which may be very frustrating."

Browse all Bitdefender GravityZone Reviews

• Have you used Bitdefender GravityZone and would like to share your experience with others?

Emily

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great Product for the Price

A reliable antivirus

Experience was good overall great piece of software, the only super frustrating part was the installation after after having had installed a trial version of Bitdefender antivirus.

Pros

- It does not dramatically slow your system when performing updates. - it comes with VPN. - It has the anti ransomware. - The interface is really easy to use. - It detects viruses and gives you options on what to do with it. - The password wallet is awesome you have all sorts of options in it to access your accounts with ease and security. - You get 3 computers coverage with one payment or you can also use it on your phone. - The safe pay feature is great for transactions and does not interfere with other SSL sites.

Cons

- The initial set up is confusing, especially if you used a trial version and you signed up with an email address. - So you have to complete uninstall the trial version and install the paid version.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

It was slowing my computer

Kenny

June 2022

Excellent Product

Overall it has been a great solution. I continually look for new features And modules I can add on from Bitdefender to create a better overall protection solution.

Pros

I use Bitdefender Gravityzone For my computers as well as all of my clients computers. The platform is great, the protection is amazing And being cloud hosted is very helpful.

Cons

It was a little difficult to get started as I had to be redirected to reseller but once that process was complete they have been a huge help. So it wasn’t really a negative

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Pricing, capabilities and overall platform.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Best reviews and proven ability of Bitdefender.

Amitkumar

Bitdefender The perfect Endpoint security solution

It's a good product and user-friendly. We have been using it for a long time. It has a good detection ratio and features that are needed to prevent cyber attacks.

Pros

In many cases, Bitdefender has a very good detection ratio. In many cases, we prevented the ransomware attacks.  User friendly . Good Support.

Cons

Patch management need to improve. It should provide the ability to deploy third-party software.

Andrés J

Good protection, but slow response on software bugs

Besides the two major bugs I've encountered, my experience has been good in the 5 years I've been using this software. The Android app is solid and quite fast, and support is attentive.

Pros

Generally speaking, the software is weel designed and with many normal features. It's not pricey and you will be able to use it across multiple Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices.

Cons

When they release a version with a bug, they take forever to fix it. In 2020 a bug on the Mac version made the software freeze and made the Mac slower. There were active threads on the companies' forums, and it took them over 3 months to fix this issue. And in 2021, a bug automatically boots the VPN app on Mac, even though they have the option to turn this off. This bug was reported at least in early February 2021, the company acknowledge the issue and in mid-September 2021 they haven't been able to fix this simple issue. Also, the VPN app is a paid feature, which would be better to include in the normal subscription package. If not, it would be better to leave this app away of the offering, and instead, make it an optional download.

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

I was not confortable using an antivirus and security system made by a [SENSITIVE CONTENT] company. Plus, Bitdefender had a cheaper price.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Each time I had to renew, the license costs where higher and higher and I felt as if the Windows and Mac app where slower and slower, and each time, making my computers heavy and unresponsive.

José Alejandro

Industry: Plastics

Good option but a little overpriced

Pros

It gets the job done, that's it. It's a good personal antivirus but a little overpriced for the kind of protection it provides you. If you can get a good offer in the anual fee, it can be a good option for you personal computer.

Cons

It feels a little to simplified, almost if they didn't want you to personalize the protection. They want to be a ready to use antivirus, but for me that isn't a good option, I want to set the options to my own need, and bitdefender didn't make that an easy job.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

I wanted a less consuming antivirus

Walt

August 2022

Best Antimalware Platform I've Used in the last 20 years

Bitdefender has been incredible to work with as a vendor. Bitdefender actually listens to their customers. After submitting a number of detailed bug reports and feature requests, I was actually approached by Product Management for my input and to better understand some of the suggestions I had made. When we decided to make the migration to their cloud solution, there was no integration with our LogRhythm SIEM. I worked with both vendors to make this happen and it was Bitdefender that finally provided a solution. they actually went through the process of becoming a LogRhythm partner to get access to resources to make this happen. Migration was held up for a significant time waiting on this. Bitdefender did not activate our subscription license until I have them the go ahead after integration was established. I was able to set up the cloud infrastructure before we started paying for it.

Pros

Bitdefender Gravityzone Business is an extremely cost effective and high performance solution that puts the 5 other enterprise endpoint protection products I've managed over the last 20 years to shame. It is simple to deploy and manage. It requires minimal attention. custom exclusions are rare and those I've had to create have been due to vendor stupidity, like sharing updates in an AWS container. I n addition to the typical features of most endpoint protection products, it includes features that are found in specialized products that cost more than Bitdefender alone. I've told many an endpoint security vendor, "Sorry, Bitdefender already does that for me. It might not do it as well, but it does the job your software does and more for less than half of what you want to charge me for your one trick pony." Bitdefender keeps adding security features to the base product without raising the price or drop in performance. It provides amazing network protection without implementing the Firewall. It is the only comprehensive solution I know of that provides true Ransomware Protection, which is behavior based. I have actually seen this in action when migrating data to a niche document management application. Bitdefender saw it encrypting files willy nilly while ingesting them and determined the behavior matched that of a ransomware application and stopped it dead. The application had previously encrypted files that were uploaded to it and it had never triggered before.

Cons

The only time I've run into significant difficulty was migrating from on premise to the cloud. The methods for doing that were not ass clean or simple to implement as I would have liked. The migration patch is not "finished" software and I've determined that systems that were "migrated" have leftover information from the On-Premise configuration that causes random communication issues that are invariably cleared by uninstalling and reinstalling.

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

They cost more. They were harder to use. They cost more. They did not do as well as Bitdefender in independent testing if they had submitted for independent testing at all. Prior experience with alternative products in both their consumer and business forms.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Unmanageable, expensive and ineffective. Creating an endpoint deployment package in Sophos was a painful 12 step process. In Bitdefender, it's totally painless and creates a setup downloader as well as a fat installer to download. The setup downloader pulls the current version from the Bitdefender servers or relays. It's also a simple matter to email the installation links to end users. This is particularly useful for remote users and those using their personal computer for work.

Boris

December 2021

Une gestion unifiée

C'est un produit facile d'utilisation, fiable et efficace. Les utilisateurs sont protégés. Le point le plus important : depuis que nous utilisons Bitdefender, jamais nous avons eu à gérer un problème de malwares dans le système d’information.

Pros

C'est un EDR de grande qualité que nous installons chez nos clients. L'intégration dans les systèmes d’information les plus complexes se passe toujours bien. Aucune interférence avec d'autres logiciels pour le moment et pas de blocage de logiciels légitimes. Il s'installe rapidement, dans tous mes environnements . La qualité de la protection est très bien. Tous les modules travaillent de concert et l'utilisateur est protégé .

Cons

L'interface de gestion reste austère malgré les efforts d’amélioration. Les informations transmises dans l'interface de gestion est par moment incomplète .

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Bitdefender possède un plus grand taux d’arrêt des menaces.

Diego Martin

A set of tools that keeps your data safe.

Bitdefender is a great tool that gives us confidence that our data is safe when our partners browse the internet and download large databases to work with. Its price is low compared to the benefits it provides. I really recommend this product especially for SMEs and personal use.

Pros

The most valuable features that our team like are those related to the anonymous and safe browsing. Bitdefender is also easy to use and automatically reduce its resources usage when you are working.

Cons

I would really like this product was faster when analyze our systems. Usually it can take until 9 hours and this process has a great impact in our resources performance.

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

I chose Bitdefender over other products because it is cheaper and its performance is high.

I find Bitdefender very good

I don't have to worry about computer and network security.

Pros

I began using this software when my Anti-Virus software provider of many years was forced to change from a previously top-notch product to Bitdefender - I have not been disappointed. I'm no expert in digital security but need good protection and Bitdefender seems to have an excellent record. It is quite easy to use and manage and I've not had any infections or compromised computers - I guess that says something. Support is very quick and professional.

Cons

Nothing I can think of that I don't like.

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

I have had many good years of service from my anti-virus software provider and went with their recommendation.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

As I understand it, Norman went through changes and my provider had to change products.

Richin

One of the Best out in the Market

Pros

Most affordable application out in market.

Cons

The navigation in some way I feel little complicated to understand.

A good Defender

as a user I was happy with it, but after the incident we had to move to other softwares

Pros

it is very easy to use and easy to install and easy to maintain and easy to figure out, unlike many rivals it is very much to the point

Cons

I think it could have more features and more accurate when it comes to network protection, while using it our company suffered an attack which I think Bitdefender could do a better job

Raúl

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Block Anything

Pros

It's easy to make a secure net and protect any device

Cons

The spam configuration blocks anything in the first configuration

Brandon

great tool

In today's world cyber security is always top on a companies mind. Being a tool that covers many angles helps me show the value in the tool at renewal time.

Pros

The ability to setup different policies and have them applied to different users, As we all know the C level usually dont appreciate the barriers some products make mandatory, I can make that choice and add some as quiet features for them instead of having a pop up hassle them. Also the broad scope Bitdefender covers as well as being known as one of the best.

Cons

Very little would I fine tune but recently they came out with a risk assessment module and instead of making me call a sales person for the patch management solution a simple cost associated with it when I click on it would be nice

License Management

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

License Management was the biggest factor at the time.

Stacy

Saved me 1000's of dollars!

Let me start by saying that Bitdefender saved me 1000's of dollars, and I'm not exaggerating! About 1 and half years ago, one of my team members made the mistake of opening a fake attachment in an email. It happened on a Friday, and when we returned on Monday, every single file we had was encrypted and are large ransomware image was on our desktops. I was devastated. So much work simply tied up and no way to get it back, other than paying some thief $2000 dollars. Three days later, Bitdefender released a decryption program that allowed me to decrypt my entire system! We were saved! From that point forward, I decided that every single computer we own would have Bitdefender running on it! No other antirvirus company had anything even close to Bitdefender!

Pros

When it comes to protecting yourself and your files, you need to know that you are protected! With Bitdefender you have that piece of mind knowing that you truly are. The suite not only covers you from viruses, but protects your email, your wifi, and has a built in firewall! For me this is the all in one solution!

Cons

Sometimes Bitdefender blocks me from doing what I want, but in all fairness, I have it set at the highest security level. Even when I'm blocked, I can jump into Bitdefender and allow what ever was blocked.

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Let's be honest, Kaspersky is a well known and trustworthy product, but Bitdefender saved us, and for that they will always have our business! We are in good hands!

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Avast failed to protect us from Ransomware. Bitdefender not only fixed the ransomware issue, but continues to block it from happening again!

Mantas

Best in the market

If there might be any issues those will come out in the beginning. Once installed works like a charm and never had a problem with it.

Pros

Business version is reasonably easy to setup and deploy. Users do not see hundreds of notifications (which are annoying) and overall is really easy to monitor. Total Security package is hands down easy to use and software does it all for you. Even on the phone it is securing you against all threats in the web.

Cons

Not always deployment tool works so have to use other methods (there are few) and so have to keep an eye if all devices have it installed (task have not failed).

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

BitDefender was and still is "the best of the breed".

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

At a time ESET been missing couple tools and have been behind with building security patches against new malware.

Industry: Publishing

A Good Small Business Antivirus Solution

It's a solid and well priced antivirus for a small business. It includes a special ransomware "vaccine" which gives me a bit of peace of mind as ransomware is the new boogey man in the cyber security world. Their support reply promptly and I've never had trouble getting a hold of them. You really have to keep after it and do an audit once a month to make sure there aren't any duplicate instances and that all computers have checked in, but aside from that it's set and forget.

Pros

The software is easy to set up and install, and the admin interface is fairly straight forward. They support MFA out of the box and that's essential for an antivirus software. I also appreciate the ability to organize the computers into sub folders that represent my organizations structure. You can apply security policies by folder grouping and this makes it easy to target more exposed groups like customer service or traveling employees with more aggressive security policies. Finally, reports and notifications can be set up to be sent by email which is essential for when infections occur.

Cons

The client tends to get confused somewhat frequently. If an employee travels and connects to many different networks the admin console will sometimes show duplicates of that same client and thusly take up 2 licenses. These clones are easy enough to delete, but it's still annoying. The scanning tools are fine for routine scans, but for customer scans you must specify a target on the system. For OS X this is often the root directory for me, and for Windows it's %Win_Dir%. I'd prefer just a "scan the whole machine" checkbox rather than playing around with this. Especially considering I usually do a custom scan when something is going wrong. Each separate admin has their own separate "console" and they have to set it up on their own. This is frustrating when you have more than one admin and each one has to customize and set up their own reports, dashboards, etc. It's also confusing that each admin only sees their own tasks. I can't see what my colleague has issued for scans recently and so I might scan or update the same machine twice for no reason. Generally, being able to see what work a colleague has done, especially in addressing a crisis, is very helpful. They have a patch management "plugin", but it's strictly for Windows. I have a dual OS environment so I am forced to look elsewhere and would prefer a singular endpoint management solution that encompasses patch management and antivirus.

Eli

Best Antivirus Program I Have Used and Managed

Overall, I am very happy with the product. It continues to perform better than other Antivirus programs that I have used in the past. I have greatly reduced the amount of time spent on virus remediation.

Pros

Since switching to BitDefender, the number of infections reported by my clients has drastically decreased. I am very impressed with how effective the product is. Additionally, I rarely see a performance impact on the systems that are being protected.

Cons

There are some limitations to exclusions that can be a bit frustrating. Some exclusions must be added with the full path, so if a program is in the profile of many different users across multiple computers, if can be hard to manage.

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

BitDefender had the best reviews. Peers that used the product liked it. Published test results reported the BitDefender stopped the most infections.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

We were dealing with too frequent crypto-infections on client computers with VIPRE. After switching to BitDefender the amount of infections that we dealt with was greatly reduced.

lynn

No worries with Bitdefender

We tried a few other programs and when we switches to bitdefender noticed an improvement in the performance of the PC along and they dont constantly bombard you with offers to upgrade or add on services, which is a plus!

Pros

Bid defender is a great anti-virus program that doesn't overly bog down your PC, like many other programs do. It auto updates and scans in the background for problems but doesn't slow down my system like some of the other programs I have used did.

Cons

There really aren't any cons to this program, it does what it says and seems to keep the computer working efficiently with out annoying pop ups.

Jason

Industry: Wholesale

Excellent AV Software

Our experience is that since switching to their software, we've had minimal infections while reducing crypto virus/ransomware to zero.

Pros

It's detection rate with minimal false positives. The sandbox analyzer is a lifesaver too. Deployment was pretty straightforward as well.

Cons

It's a little resource intensive. We've had numerous complaints about it affecting PC performance from users.

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Just a better overall product and pricing was pretty aggressive too.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Just a better product. We had numerous issues with viruses and ransomware with Vipre.

Gloria

May 2022

Consigliatissimo

Abbiamo bypassato un grosso problema quale l'assistenza pre e post-vendita

Pros

La semplicità d'uso e la completezza della copertura

Cons

Niente, nulla da dire, continuiamo tuttora a proporlo con successo ai nostri Clienti

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Ha uno step - se non due - in più!

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

La facilità d'uso, la possibilità di integrare Client in qualsiasi momento ed in autonomia, la piattaforma chiara....

Ibrahim

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Bitdefender a good choice that is becoming great

It was good to very-good experience. the application did its part and role efficiently. The service compared to the price was fair. A bit heavy on the computer's resources. I might consider subscribing again.

Pros

- I liked the ease of the installation process - The great graphics and user interface - The quality of service and the detection rate

Cons

- You are bound to buy at least 5 users although you might not have 5 devices - The settings can be categorized in a better way as they might look scattered and a bit overwhelming - Too much advertisement - Was a bit heavy on the computer resources

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

- The top reviews over the internet

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

- I got an advice on switching the security software every period and not sticking to the same one for more than 1-2 years - The top reviews for Bitdefender online

Thierry

Industry: Computer Networking

Bitdefender GravityZone

Le suivi avec la console cloud est très pratique et permet de nombreuses actions à distance, parfaites pour un responsable IT.

Pros

Bitdefender GravityZone est un vrai produit de sécurité professionnel. Il va bien au-delà du simple anti-virus. Il bénéficie de fonctions comme le pare-feu et la gestion des connexions. Il permet un filtrage précis des postes utilisateurs pour s'assurer que chacun utilise le réseau selon ce qu'il lui est permis.

Cons

La version Advanced, qui permet la sécurisation des appareils portables, n'est pas utilisable avec la console cloud et doit donc être utilisé sur une console fixe. Mais il parait que cela devrait changer l'année prochaine.

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Le support technique de Bitdefender est très réactif. Celui de Kaspersky laisse beaucoup à désirer.

Good Antivirus package for smaller organizations

Experience has been mostly positive from an administrative standpoint. Complaints about all AV vendors and some of their updates give us grief when running during business hours, but all-in-all it catches most of what's out there which is the point.

Pros

GravityZone is easy to install and manage for our organization. Scans are relatively quick and CPU usage is fairly low.

Cons

LIcensing for the product doesn't fit our environment well since we have a lot of servers and very few workstations. For this product they want it limited to the number of servers per workstation.

Reasons for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

cost and easy of deployment and management

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Found out that Panda wasn't actively scanning our servers. They switched web management platforms and we had nothing but trouble with the new release.

Well protected

Pros

the GravityZone antivirus solution from bitdefender is currently one of the best solutions on the market. updating to the latest incidents / exploits is very timely and provides reliable virus detection. The suite also brings numerous features (application control, firewall, USB device management, web threat detection, and more). In our experience, the bitdefender solution works quickly and reliably. Furthermore, the very competent support can be mentioned.

Cons

for the work with the management console some training or better a briefing/training on the part of bitdefnder is recommended. the structure and the functionality is not self-explanatory in some places

4.62/5 out of 182 reviews