• icon"Most of the features that we needed for our company were free and easy to learn and get used to. Have a decent amount of guide and FAQs to learn how to use the features."
  • icon"It is pretty easy to navigate from one part of the suite to another one, especially when many parts are highly integrated."
  • icon"We really had thought we found a great endpoint protection suite, with some MSP features built-in. I think in retrospect the thing we liked most is it looked good in a demo environment."
  • icon"Sometimes it can take a bit to recognize new software and allow it to interact with the system outside the sandbox. Its of course for security but sometimes it can be a hindrance."
  • icon"Initial setup is confusing. Some of the categories and options are worded strangely to where you at first glance have to guess or navigate around until you can find what you're looking for."
  • icon"The auto-sandbox feature is sometimes troublesome."

Browse all Zero Threat Advanced Reviews

• Have you used Zero Threat Advanced and would like to share your experience with others?

Raun W.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

This does more than you think!

Pros

I purchased this software for endpoint security and some other things. What I got not only gave me much needed visibility over my network and workstations. It also helped me get a handle on my ticketing system. Being a Medium sized business I never had anything that integrated into my workflow and made it even more efficient. I still learning about the other management options that came with the software. Remote Control is something else you get. It's awesome! Implementation was a snap with 100% guided support.

Cons

Haven't really found any downfalls. Stayed tuned. Anything I have had a question about was resolved quickly through tech database or just a phone call.

Price, Functionality, Support

Endpoint Security Manager

I like the product. It feature reach and include every security component that need to be installed on the host

Pros

We start using Comodo almost years ago, when we switch from Symantec Endpoint Manager. Ability to have Cloud Management, and also run unknown files in containers attract me to try the product. Since we implement a product number of reported incidents decreased a lot

Cons

After device was off-line for long period of time, automatic definitions download doesn't work perfectly most of the time and you need to initiate it manually

Reasons for choosing Zero Threat Advanced

I was impressed by features and price I get from my sales represenative

Reasons for switching to Zero Threat Advanced

After Broadcom purchase Symantec I feel that I am not as confident as I was before in Symantec product

Mike

Was ok as a free solution

It was ok, not great. When it worked it was fine but would randomly stop.

Pros

It was free, despite the bugs, can't argue with free.

Cons

Buggy, sometimes it'd randomly stop working. Can't search service desk ticket bodies, only subjects >.> Remote Desktop and file sharing were inconsistent.

Reasons for choosing Zero Threat Advanced

It was free at the time.

Reasons for switching to Zero Threat Advanced

Company size was reduced and needed a cheaper option. ManageEngine was ok for a larger company but it's overkill for a small one.

Comodo for Business

Comodo is definitely focused solely on functionality. It provides every business should need from a security standpoint.

Pros

This software is great for IT administrators. It allows complete control over patching and security on installed devices and is a great anti-virus on top of that.

Cons

This is not end-user friendly. The UI is not pretty or fancy.

Reasons for choosing Zero Threat Advanced

Comodo was cheaper for our business and offered increased functionality.

Aydın

March 2022

Pros

The biggest positive aspects of this antivirus application are that it is free, allows for understandable use, has a high level of threat detection, and quick response from customer service.

Cons

Obviously, the application does not have many negative aspects, but a little more improvement can be made in the network security part.

Reasons for switching to Zero Threat Advanced

I switched because I was looking for a free app

Comodo One Platform

The software resolve to major problems: Security Suite and Remote management Access. It has a lot of modules, which make life of system administrator much easier.

Pros

The software is like a suite of products. which has security portions, remote management part, help desk part, system management and many other parts. It is pretty easy to navigate from one part of the suite to another one, especially when many parts are highly integrated

Cons

Remote software deployment doesn't work most of the time. Remote connection do not re-established automatically after endpoint restart. In most of the cases there are minor issues, and I am satisfied with software overall

Reasons for choosing Zero Threat Advanced

The Comode provide additional values, that other competitive products lacks

Robert

Comodo - Lacks product value

Overall we transitioned to ESET as we found greater value for the cost from ESET. The management, product removal and security analysis was lacking and after the decision to remove the product from our systems proved troublesome and resulted in malfunction in our systems.

Pros

The product was very resilient against attempt to uninstall or disable the security software. Normally a very good sign for a product in security.

Cons

We found the product was inefficient and that the resilience against removal cause malfunction in our systems when trying to perform uninstall performed by system administrator. In addition we found the features offered were lack luster for the cost.

Reasons for choosing Zero Threat Advanced

We eventually moved away from Comodo and adopted ESET instead.

Has a few quirks that need to be worked on but great software

From just the free software with no add-ons I am able to monitor and take care of company computers in house and remotely from my desk. When it works as it is suppose to, installing software for employees remotely without needing to walk them through it saves a ton of time. Being able to remote into an employees computer to see what problems they are experiencing instead of relying on screenshots and descriptions is extremely helpful as well.

Pros

The fact that the base software is free and allows remote access, resource monitoring, patch management, silent software installs, monitoring and management of not only computers and servers but android and iOS operating systems is amazing. Remoting into systems you have in your device list is incredibly easy and even supports multiple monitor setups. You can create templates per device type, separate different groups of machines into their own "Companies" to keep different customers grouped together so organization is pretty top notch. The remote system installation is so quick and simple that even the most computer illiterate people should have zero problem installing it themselves. Even in the free software you can brand everything to match your company so that it suits your needs.

Cons

Initial setup is confusing. Some of the categories and options are worded strangely to where you at first glance have to guess or navigate around until you can find what you're looking for. There have been a quite a few times where I have tried to remotely remove software from machines and for majority of the machines given the uninstall command it works, however there are several left with software that was suppose to be removed. A notification that actually verifies if what you told the software to do succeeded or not would be great but most of the time, once a command is issued it only tells you the command was issued successfully, not that the command actually did what it was suppose to which ends up causing more time to be spent trying to diagnose why the software wasn't removed. Many of our machines slowed down to unusable levels as the add-ons for real-time monitoring constantly were eating up over 50% of some of our machines system resources. For approximately 5 machines the software worked great but these machines each had over 16gb of ram, solid state drives, and i7 processors. The machines we had issues with ranged from i3 processors to i5 processors with 4-8gb of ram and windows 7/10. Customer service is nice enough but I feel they don't do more than they are required to do assist customers. I was told to contact different departments 4 times back and forth to cancel the subscription for the add ons and they still haven't been cancelled after 3 weeks.

brianna

Advanced protection solution against malware

It provides sophisticated cyber threat protection against both known and unknown ransomware by denying all applications unless it scans them for any suspected malware. It restricts and contains every application and file which are likely to be infected into the sandbox. It uses API hooking to track virus behavior. It also provides anti-theft features and allows you to wipe data from your stolen device. You can protect both your virtual and physical endpoints.

Pros

This program allows its users to manage all the computers used in a company from one host computer where you can make policies form a single computer and apply them to all the connected computers and devices. This reduces the time consumption and extended manual efforts of users. It acts as antivirus and protects your systems from any bad or infected files by moving them to whitelists or blacklists accordingly.

Cons

It automatically restricts all applications in sandbox containers and you have to manually add such applications to whitelists, also it seems to be incapable of recognizing any new or custom-built applications. Patch management for multiple servers seems a little problematic. Overall it is worth recommending to all the organizations to keep full end security.

Ben

Free Firewall is fantastic!

I've been using the free Comodo Firewall for years now. It's great to protect your home PCs! It's very easy to add apps as "allowed applications" and if you want to get technical, you can allow certain ports, etc.

Pros

Easy to use firewall solution. Easy to add applications, easy to open specific port(s), etc.

Cons

When first installed, it pops up asking to allow access for EVERYTHING you or your PC does launches, etc.

Richard

Protect and Manage all your endpoints onsite and offsite from one central portal

Great, secure anti-virus which is centrally managed.

Pros

This is a great security software that protects by using Whitelisting instead of Blacklisting. Regular anti-viruses, during updates, send list of blacklisted items to block. Comodo works by everything being blacklisted except things that are whitelisted by them or by you. They also allow files that are digitally signed. Anything not whitelisted is either sandboxed or blocked. Sandboxed items can run but actually have no access to your computers real hard drive so if it does try to infect your computer, it doesn't have real access to it.

Cons

What i find i like least about the software is that you do have to put a little bit of extra time into some things as it may block legitimate software if it is not digitally signed but you can fix that by manually whitelisting it yourself, which can whitelist that file or software across your whole network if you want. But once you have made up your company whitelist, everything runs smoothly and you feel secure knowing that your end users are protected and your network is too.

Micha

Perfect Solution for a Small Business

I use Comodo Endpoint Security in conjunction with Comodo One to protect and manage all of the computers in our small business. It is very effective and I got it for free, so you can't beat that. Plus, it has a ton of features, as well as some separate ad-ons available for purchase.

Pros

Centralized control and management of all the computers on my network. I love that I can see the status of every machine without ever leaving my office.

Cons

The auto-sandbox feature is sometimes troublesome. We have some custom software for our business that Comodo does not seem to like, even after being added to the trusted list.

Tim

Wonderful endpoint that helps manage a large scale of users in a group.

The use of this software to manage large scale users helped in finding which problems were the most common as well as which users caused the most problems with viruses.

Pros

The ability to generate reports with detailed information about hardware, software and virus activity. The control panel is easy to navigate and use, which helps when needing to take care of multiple users at a single time.

Cons

The software can be a little difficult to update or patch. With having to visit the tech support to help patch our server multiple times we have feared any upcoming updates.

Ricardo

It is an antivirus with network options remotely.

Pros

I can remotely manage access to the web, it indicates what kind of information can be accessed and the applications I want the user to be able to use on their computer.

Cons

It blocks some applications without being indicated for some periods, in the same way the user without needing to know the password can disable it in some sections.

Alain

Comodo is your antivirus solution

It is a great software and it is one of the best in the market but the process and communication with customer service is not an easy task.

Pros

It is a great software. Very powerful and offer many security solutions. Once installed and the account set up works like a clock

Cons

The set up got a little bit complicated. The communication was not not smooth and it was a challenge to get thru them. The validation team may denied the account because it doesn't get in touch with you.

Brian

Poorly enigineered product

In one word Terrible

Pros

Cons

The product requires way too much configuration, once you're done if they roll out an update hopefully you back up your config or you are going to do it all over again. You end up with such big holes in you end points just to get things like scheduled tasks to run. Oh you want to read an Adobe document from the internet, you better exclude the temp directory otherwise your going to have errors running Adobe. They allow you to categorize software to trusted but the comodo rating never changes so if they think its bad and it is say a piece of intellectual software your company wrote, good luck create all the exclusions you want Comodo will always block the program. Not today or tomorrow but within a few weeks you're going to have to re-allow the software. This is happening on servers without a containment policy. We have been is business for over 50 years and worked with lots of AV providers in that time. Comodo is not ready for Production use, period. If you explain to them the situation they go directly back to setting exclusions again and again. As per my previous comments this is not a permanent solution

Waiyan

Pretty sweet console management software.

Pros

Cons

If you want to get actual customer service support from them, buying a premium plan can be fairly expensive. However for the quality of this product and the quality of their customer service, if you can afford to pay the price, you should get it.