All ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

1-25 of 1,145 Reviews

Computer & Network Security, 11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

Solid endpoint solution for less

Robert

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Removes infections others do not.

Have found ESET support to be responsive and knowledage. We have met the UK head of sales a few times at various events and it has always been a pleasure.

PROS

We are partnered with ESET as their product range has a very virus detection rate combined with a low system impact. Quite often we have customers bring in computers running other AV software and we use ESET to remove infections.

CONS

The ERA console is very flexable but can be overly complex for most use cases. Would be nice to see a better implementation of the user interface, perhaps a wizzard system. This does not affect end users though.

Reason for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Price and previous good histroy with ESET.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Trends virus detection rate at the time was not so good.

Ryan

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

ESET is the best

Has been a very good experience, easy to use and update and easy to install.

PROS

I find ESET works very well for our company and we've used it for over seven years. It's affordable and it works very well. It's also much lighter and doesn't slow down our computers. We use it for our office computers and at home computers. It's nice having the added security (opens a secure window) when it detects something that needs higher security like opening a bank website.

CONS

Not any cons I can think of honestly. We are a small studio of under 10 staff so it was great for us. If you are a large firm then one of the more established companies may be better for you.

Lighter, better.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Norton was very heavy and we noticed a slow down of our machines.

Thank you for your helpful review about our software. We're glad to hear that you find it easy to use and that it doesn't affect your computer's performance. We also appreciate your feedback about the cost-effectiveness of our software. Thank you for choosing ESET!

Replied May 2023

Arda

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Definetely worth to try.

PROS

ESET Endpoint Security offers advanced antivirus technology, capable of detecting and eliminating a wide range of malware, including viruses, ransomware, Trojans, and spyware. It provides real-time scanning, proactive threat detection, and automatic updates to keep your systems secure.

CONS

Not many things i can find right now but i can say may be UI.

Thank you for your positive review of ESET Endpoint Security! We're glad to hear that you find our antivirus technology effective in detecting and eliminating various types of malware. We continuously strive to provide real-time scanning, proactive threat detection, and automatic updates to keep your systems secure. We appreciate your feedback regarding the user interface, and we'll take it into consideration for future improvements. Thank you for choosing ESET!

Replied July 2023

Francis

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

ESET Endpoint Security Review

PROS

Ability to detect web threats and delete malware instantly

CONS

Uses up a lot of memory on a workstation

Thank you for your kind words, ESET is proud to serve as your security solution.

Replied May 2023

Jose Mateo

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2023

ESET Endpoint Security and how useful it is for safeguarding computer hardware.

PROS

ESET Endpoint Security offers strong defense against malware, viruses, and other security threats. It also offers a wide range of remote administration capabilities to make it easier to manage security across a variety of devices. Additionally, the platform may be completely customized and works well with various security programs.

CONS

Some users may find ESET Endpoint Security's configuration and customization to be challenging, which can make first use challenging. Additionally, some users have mentioned performance problems and challenges with interoperability with other apps. Comparing ESET's pricing plans to those of other security products on the market, some businesses may find them to be prohibitively expensive.

We are truly sorry ESET did not meet your expectations but would like to thank you for trying and sharing your feedback.

Replied April 2023

Chanaka

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Fast, Lightweight, efficient antivirus which is a must for any user

ESET is the fastest and most efficient security tool among many others and I'm telling this from experience. This will work on any device even if it's got lower performance without overloading the device. Just try this and you will understand why this is one of the best in the market right now. Detection engine is capable of identifying many threats which are missed from similar tools.

PROS

I started using ESET few years back and instantly I felt an improvement from all the antivirus software I used during my time. ESET was fast and had minimal impact on overall performance on computer while detecting many threats other tools could not detect. With constant updates and user friendly UI, I feel it's the most comfortable tool I have used. Quite customizable with excluding locations, custom firewall, and specially the gaming mode where it improves overall performance of computer was splendid. As a user for many years ESET came up with many good features like email protection, banking protection, and a own blacklist to enhance users' security.

CONS

I used ESET for many years but I have rarely seen faults in ESET. But I think constant notifications reminding to update and lower downloading speed for updates even when a stable and speed internet connection is available can be stated as the areas where I think ESET need to improve.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

ESET was fast and efficient as an antivirus and had more user friendly features I liked.

Gabriella

Mining & Metals, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Works well whether entry-level or high performance

Having used ESET for about seven years there are definitely more pros than cons.

PROS

I have used ESET for about 7 years back and forth and at times together with another antivirus. When I first started with ESET it did a really good job, my laptop was not performing well, I installed it and managed to remove over 20 malicious software. I like how it works well on different computer systems, be it entry-level or high performance. I am currently running it on an i5 processor with 8 GBs of RAM and it works well. It uses low computing power and it does not slow down my computer. I like the ESET splash screen that shows up on computer startup, it's interesting how it's changed over the years. The splash screen has a clean and premium feel to it and it makes using ESET thus much more pleasant. The splash screen simply shows up and automatically disappears, making starting up pleasant and not long especially when compared to other programs where a complete window opens up which then has to be closed. I have also used it on an entry-level computer with a Celeron processor and 4 GBs of RAM. It worked well, and I still saw the above pros, and most importantly I was able to scan my computer and have it free of malware.

CONS

I do not have much against ESET, it works well, except that scan times are lengthy, but this is related to file sizes that I have on my machine and in any case, I found it to still be quicker than other programs. There is a price point to ESET and even though it works well there are other anti-virus programs with a free plan that compete strongly with it.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Over a decent number of years, I have switched from ESET to Kaspersky and then to ESET again and have also used both of them together. I switched from Kaspersky because it takes quite a bit of computing power.

Jebin

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Eset Endpoint - Review

A powerful antivirus solution with competitive features with good pricing make it a worth to buy.

PROS

Effective and powerful antivirus engine. This having almost all features like web filter, mail filter , device control and firewall.

CONS

Some advanced feature like DLP. Other than that it’s still a worth buy.

Kaspersky,Trendmicro,Symantec,McCafee etc

Fatih

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

The best among traditional antiviruses

PROS

It has low hardware resource consumption, I have been using it for 10 years. Even though it is a traditional antivirus, it winks at EDRs with its various modules.

CONS

I am generally satisfied. However, their prices are now high compared to traditional antiviruses.

Thank you for your 4-star review! We're delighted to hear that our antivirus has served you well for a decade and that you appreciate its resource efficiency and advanced features. We understand your concern about pricing and will continue to evaluate and adjust our offerings to provide the best value for our users. Your feedback is valuable to us as we strive to enhance our services.

Replied September 2023

Muna

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Eset benefits

Well, I recommend everyone to use ESET because of it's features provided by them. You will be safe. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT IF YOU HAVE ESET ON YOUR ENDPOINT DEVICES. If you are looking for something that provides the protection for your non living beings, just try it and be happy.

PROS

The main thing I love about the ESET is it provides and shows all the angles to protect ourselves from malware, ransomware and phishing websites.

CONS

Well, I do feel that some of the features are not more user friendly. Sometime it takes time to apply the policies but at last it will work within few seconds. Also, the cost is one of the factors.

Reason for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Well, the main reason is deployment, according to our company needs, vendor commitment for the support, quality and the pricing flexibility.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Well, it is costly and we are looking for one product which provides all the features that is included over there. We are happy, we found ESET.

Hi Muna, Thank you for such a glowing recommendation, we appreciate the feedback about servers on and off premises and will see what we can do to implement it.

Carlos Benjamin

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Best Antivirus but still hackable

I like it, i Recommend this to anyone. The Best I ever Had

PROS

It is very easy to install and use, It doesn't take a lot of resources from your computer.

CONS

We got hacked by a Ransomeware 2 times now, when it is supossed that we were covered by ESET =( . Lucky us we have backups of our all data daily. but was not easy to restore.

Price, and for me it is the Best Antivirus

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

McAfee drinks our Entire Resources on Every computer, it is really heavy for any computer, even the thougt ones.

rayan

Computer Games, 1 employee

ESET Endpoint Security customer review

PROS

This app has excellent threat detection and protection, and it has an advanced analysis. It also has the advantage of having low to no system impact and the managment is very centralized

CONS

Some of it's drawbacks are it's limited web filtering, licensing model, and complex configuration which can confuse new and unexperienced users

We are happy to hear that ESET is your trusted security provider and that you appreciate it's support and value. Thank you for sharing your review.

Replied June 2023

Steve

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

Outstanding Protecion

I've never had an issue with Malware, Spyware or Viruses since I started using EST about 10 years ago.

PROS

Provides outstanding protection Easy installation and upgrading Never had an issue with Malware or Viruses since switching Also like the pricing models for those that own several devices

CONS

I haven't found anything to complain about. It just plain works as advertised. You'd hardly know it was there.

Reason for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

I'd been having issues with Norton seeming to utilize a lot of CPU and seeming somewhat dictatorial. I had also been using AVG on my laptop. When I looked at the features provided by ESET, the awards it had won and the glowing recommendation from someone who appeared to be a very up-to-date in his knowledge, I switched.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

It was recommended by the salesperson when I bought a new desktop computer. See why I chose ESET answer for more information.

Oliver

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2023

One of the most easy to use endpoint protection programs

Overall the product works as intended. the pros far outweigh the idiosyncrasies. They are minimal. There is no end user interaction which is great. The reporting is excellent and remote management helps resolve issues without ever contacting the end user.

PROS

Easy to setup. Straight forward control panel. remote deployment and installer creation is a breeze.

CONS

I wish the tenant portion of the control panel was a bit more user friendly.

Reason for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Easier to use and manage. Price was lower than most with the amount of features offered.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Sonicwall capture client was a nightmare to manage. Could be because when we started using it was when it was first introduced. We did not have a good experience and the price was way high.

Hi Oliver, Thank you for your glowing review extolling the ease of use of ESET. We look forward to continuing to serve as your cybersecurity provider well into the future.

Aman

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Highly recommend

PROS

Its great for Signature based scans and malware control

CONS

If you are particularly looking for behavior based AV, do try out Sentinal One and CrowdStrike

Thank you for sharing your outstanding review, Aman!

Replied June 2023

Trevor

Computer Networking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Eset security software

We use this software in many ways to protect businesses from hackers and viruses and blocked unsafe web site. Plus it protects our company when access banking information.

PROS

I have been Eset for a while now, and the software has made some significant improvement overall with using the software adding more security features like the banking system. This software you to take control of access to firewalls and also gives users control on having a computer scanning for issues. The software has a different level of software protection to choose from.

CONS

The licensed to purchase this software is a bit troubling. It does give your license keys. If you need to reinstall the program in some older model, you required a user name and keycode or ID code. It just too confusing. Also, the software takes too many resources when scanning every time you reboot your computer.

Reason for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

It was more user-friendly software without a lot of false advertising.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Norton was too slow and would cause too many issues.

Ahmed

Computer & Network Security, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2022

ESET EPP review after using it personnally for 6 yrs. and at work for 2 yrs.

very easy and very good interface, they have the fastest updates, also very good exclusion and light on the PCs better offering, ease f use, light on PC so enhance performance.

PROS

doesn't affect hardware performance, fastest updates, fantastic detection.

CONS

needs to be for bigger enterprises, offering to servers and data-centers needs to be better.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

better offering, ease f use, light on PC so enhance performance.

Thank you for your kind words and endorsement, ESET is truly honored to have your trust. Our team works hard every day to make sure our products are the best they can be and it's great to see that we're meeting your needs. We hope to continue providing you with the protection you need for years to come.

Replied December 2022