• Pros

• "This does a great job of blocking traffic and presenting all the traffic on a nice clean UI . Everything is easy to access and learn how to use."

• "I found it easier to monitor traffic and keep track of what programs am running via this software. And the graphs make it quite easy to understand. "

• "The detailed activity graph is also very useful to see how much data is being used across the network and it shows how much data all open apps are using through GlassWire's Usage tab."

• Cons

• "Its price is little bit high. If the network scanner can scan for the security issues of the network it will be a great help."

• "I don't know of any cons yet, I have used just the trial. But it will be very bad if they record our browsing history and logins. Which they say they don't but real truth will come forward in time."

• "Really the only thing that I am not a fan of is that the software is subscription based, though I can understand why they price it that way."

Browse GlassWire Reviews

Rune from LeapLoud

Glasswire - trusted

I use it for one of the home computers that I have used for visiting all sorts of links online. I installed Glasswire to ensure that I had some control over what traffic I was involved with.

Pros

Glasswire delivers an overview of the traffic that is on the network I am using. This enables me to see first hand if something is up.

Cons

It could be cheaper for a PRO version as the features in the free is allright, one would like to have more as it is a very good program, but the price is a bit high.

Rich from retired

Industry: Computer Networking

Excellent Network Management Tool

With a background in telecommunications software development and technical customer support, I needed help in monitoring and managing my multilayered home network. Glasswire provides not only connection info, but firewall assistance, data usage and alerts related to resources on my PC(s). I'm able to monitor and control Glasswire functions not only on my own device, but on all Windows devices in any given subnet. If I change subnet, I can work with a different device set. While the interface is graphic and easy to see, I can plunge down step by step to detailed connection info for each device and running application. Support via the Glasswire Forum is very fast and very helpful. Upgrades and new development are constant and are provided as part of the one time cost. There are no comparable tools at this usability level -- price/performance is outstanding. Highly recommended.

Pros

Functionality and support

Cons

I would like support for Android and individual router monitoring/management. Android is anticipated, router is a completely different level of product. Better documentation is needed.

Control your network!

Pros

I use GlassWire to keep my network under control, it allows me to see any new activity that may be suspect, it keeps track of my usage.

Cons

In previous versions I could block any app on the firewall of GlassWire, but lately I noticed that this option is not available anymore and it requires an upgrade. This is a set back for the free version.

Best Data usage visualizer app

Being able to track what's hogging my network has been very useful to me.

Pros

Data visualized is very Accuracy and Privacy was very much considered.

Cons

Software still not available for mac os.

A must have for metered connections!

GW has helped me take control of my metered connections and prevent programs like email clients and others transmit large volumes of data in the background. A must have for metered connections and as an addon to the security s/w!

Pros

The ability to control all the applications installed in my pc and the data volume they use especially with metered connections. Also, it offers you a real-time protection on top of the security s/w you use without slowing down the connection or the computer.

Cons

Sometimes it needs to be reset - does not start automatically with Win10

Reasons for Choosing GlassWire

Most solutions similar to Glasswire either are too technical and need constant attention or they just miss key functionality needed in an application of this kind.

GlassWire as a network monitoring software

Its a tool we must have to monitor our network about its usage and to be in alert what applications are using our internet connection and for what??

Pros

First of all GlassWire has a very attractive nice interface. GlassWire make us to see and understand the current usage of our network connection. It gives us a notification when ever there is a new network activity because of this we can be in alert about unwanted network accesses. GlassWire help us to track our data usage of the device. We can see which application is use more data and what are the servers it getting data from. It has a good feature called "Things" it scans our network and tell the details about the devices that are connected to it.

Saqlain from Southeast University

Industry: Facilities Services

Awesome piece of Software

SUPER AWESOME BRO

Pros

I love this software. I am very found of good software, useful software, which now a days are very scarce. I can not thank developers enough for making a software which shows what application uses the internet and uploads/downloads to what address. This kind of detailed information hub reviles the vulnerability which I didn't know was there before. It also enabled me with the power to block the traffic. Simply "It Is AWESOME"

Nathaniel from Dow Rummel Village

Easy to use firewall

Pros

This is a easy to use visual firewall. It takes little knowledge to use and is super straight forward. Keeps everything working easy.

Cons

No real gripes about the product. It does what it states and does so very easy.

Monitor Your Network

Easy traffic diagnostics for the home and business.

Pros

First off Glasswire is a beautiful application. For generally boring information thats dumped in logs, this is quite the difference. As a home user, I love being able to see what apps are using how much traffic, and its also great at getting what IP a program is sending to. Sometimes thats hard to tell just from a program like Wireshark.

Cons

Some paid features I feel should be free, but a business needs to make their money somehow and you have to respect that.

Martino from Higher Education

See easily your network activity

Overall i was very happy with these software and i will recommend it to everyone.

Pros

Glasswire is very user-friendly and very powerful. At the same time it can be used by anyone due to the super simple and neat user interface.

Cons

It lacks some pro-user features which you would expect from a firewall and network managing software but i think they will add these features in the future.

Matt from Mara Technologies Inc.

A beautiful interface for something generally so boring.

I've been using GlassWire on Windows for a while and recently ventured into using it on Android as well. The only downside to the android application is that it has to keep a notification open and active in order to run in the background, and I'm not generally a fan of taking up that kind of screen real estate permanently.

Pros

GlassWire looks fantastic, it's easily the best looking firewall software that I've used. It's very easy to use and understand, and the features it provides are incredibly useful. Who knew the firewall could be this good?

Tony from Images for Industry Ltd

Industry: Photography

I am a big fan of this software! It is easy to use and gives fine control of connection and firewall

It gives a greater understanding of what is going on in my digital life! What's not to like about that!

Pros

This software makes it easy to understand what is happening regarding software connecting, file transfers and bandwidth usage. It's visually stunning and appealing to use. I would not be without it. I usually run with ask to connect, which is great when limited to using a mobile connection.

Cons

There's not really anything bad to say about it. If you find something amiss customer service get back very fast to resolve issues. In my case they went the extra mile to resolve an issue that was really outside the scope. But they got it done.

A great simple firewall

Pros

Cons

Not really a huge fan of the tiered software options but I understand it. I would rather just pay for a pro version and get all the features but it is most accessible to others at the different price points.

Nice

Pros

Since I discovered GlassWire I didn't stop using it, it gives me all the informations I need about my network, devices, software connections... I can block them and see my monthly usage, the application is very well made and updates are quick.

keep an eye on your network activity

Pros

Cons

It is a little heavy on memory, Within the program you will be able to detect and/or identify suspicious activity, unfortunately you do not have the option of eliminate the threat ant stop it but not eliminate it.

Sreenath from Medical

Industry: Medical Devices

Great product

Pros

1. Ease of use 2. Notifications 3. Less interruption 4. Design

Cons

Just a suggestion Can add a temporary mode : which will give an application network connectivity only when its being used and automatically shuts off all network connectivity when the application is closed by user. in other words User can select weather the application has internet access while it's in tray or closed. Eg. I don't want Chrome to be connected to internet after I exit the application.

simple network security

Pros

I have been more than happy with the software and it's detailed network analytic. The very instant a program accesses my network I get a notification which is great. I can also block said program from my network right from GlassWire's built in Firewall.

Christopher from Lazy Girl

Industry: Cosmetics

A most useful tool for a shared network.

Pros

The free version offers all the basic features needed to monitor my broadband usage. And make sure I am not the one taking all the broadband :)

Cons

They keep reminding me there is a paid version :D I really don't have anything negative to say about it.

Allan from Heartsare

Industry: Publishing

This is the best software for specific uses that I have ever come across. I use it constantly, daily

My internet data usage has been extremely excessive - impossibly excessive - and I searched for software that would enable me to keep track of my internet usage and found Glasswire. To my absolute amazement, Glasswire not only does what I sought but does so much more and I continue to discover new useful aspects about it. It is in constant use on my computer, every day. When I say 'wow', I mean it.

Pros

This software puts you in control of computer internet data usage and provides you with very detailed, ongoing information.

Nathan from Hallmark Baptist Church

A great tool with an actually usable UI

Pros

This is an app that does what it says it will do, for free. And the UI doesn't look like it belongs on Windows 95 like many other free apps in this space do. Great tool for quick analytics into your network.

Cons

On Windows, there is a process that is running in the background even after you close the app. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I always close it.

Jahswill from Self employed

Easy way to monitor traffic

Pros

Cons

Its memory usage on device is pretty huge. Apart from that, its a very good one and I recommended it to a business associate

Carlos from IMC Solutions España

Useful but not

Glasswire let you see your main PC problems in a easy to understant graph, for me, as a computer tech in not very useful as I know how to manage my own pc and Task manager helps me almost in the same way thats why I prefer use it one and disable it, because having it working will slow down your pc a little. I feel this program is useful for people that need to check thing at least once each month, if you do, go and get it!

Pros

Great for checking your computer Easy to use and understand Colourful and great designed

Cons

Task manager almost do the same After checking it for a few days in the most of the cases you wont use it again until you have any problem Another program you dont need that is slowing down your pc

Bob from Computer Solutions / R.K. Enterprises & Consulting, Inc.

Industry: Computer Networking

Saved me Thousands of Dollars!

As a company that pays for bandwidth on our hosted virtual servers, we were paying a high price and felt they were over charging us. After using Glasswire to monitor the traffic, it was determined that it was not our software using the data but the hosting company's own monitoring of the servers. We proved this to them with Glasswire and out data usage bill went down by 300% saving us hundreds of ever month.

Pros

Monitoring of data use in and out of servers. Measuring of bandwidth

Cons

No cons. so far this software has done what it said.

Jonathan from N/A

Very Useful Product

The ability to stop software from connecting to the internet and the ability to watch for spikes in data usage from my computer is very useful.

Pros

Ability to block software from connecting to the internet is very nice. The notifications you get each time a software has a new version number and is trying to connect to the internet is wonderful. Also the well designed interface is a joy to use.

Cons

No cons, I'm just really pleased with the software.

Ben from BT

Nifty little tool, low overhead and lots of info!

Found this through a tech podcast (tekthing I believe) and have been using it ever since to EASILY block and manage connections to and from my PC to the rest of the network/internet. Sure there are other programs out there that do the same thing for free, but this looks and feels like a well polished program that makes it easy to do!

Must have application

Pros

Providing multiple data specific features hel the user to rely on a single app

Cons

Memory consumption always is a question as it involves the continuous system evaluation