• Pros

• "I really like this app it's great for safe browsing the internet, I really like because its so fast in connecting in other servers, and really lightweight application."

• "This was easy to use and seemed to do a good job. They have worldwide servers and the speeds seemed good and steady."

• "HMA was very easy to set up and use and I used it happily for a number of years. Always found their support very responsive, patient and helpful. Used across devices successfully."

• Cons

• "As HULU and Netflix and others got better at blocking VPNs, I found that HMA struggled to keep up and ahead. I eventually found another VPN that was able to immediately respond and changed."

• "Pricing is not very competitive, but giving that it is one of the best VPNs of the market, it is way worth it."

• "There is not much that is bad on this software, but when i use it on my Android device sometimes when i open it the app crashes."

Browse HMA Reviews

Jeramy from Independence University

The name says it all

Overall, I love this tool. In looking for a VPN, I could not help but note the name... it is pretty much what I want to use a VPN for when I am working remotely. I travel a lot and work online, so I need to be able to access company networks and want to ensure that I am safe personally and professionally. HMA has been easy to use and the one issue I had was resolved in short order with an email. I have been a user for about a year and have another year on my subscription, and I anticipate renewing when my subscription is up.

Pros

Very easy to use and has apps and software fo all platforms. Setup takes just a couple of minutes, and the tool will turn on when needed and remain off when not. HMA has been very stable and reliable, and I enjoy being able to work from any site remotely without the worry of wondering how is accessing my system or seeing my work projects.

Cons

The one challenge that I have is in regard to the iPhone and Mac software; may be a challenge on all. When accessing the internet in some public locations, such as Starbucks, you must first select the network then agree to the terms to use the wifi. The challenge is that HMA detects and turns on, and then the connection fails a causes some issues in connecting. I have learned that when I access one of these networks, I have to dosconnect from HMA, agree to the terms, then turn on HMA. The same issue occurs on my iPhone, and may happen more often as I access dofferent networks throughout the week. While I have come to know how to resolve, it can be annoying sometimes with delays in access and having to occasionally restart.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Hello, Thank you for your input. Please allow us to explain that the issue with public wi-fis, such as cafes, Universities, Libereies, etc.. is not on the VPN end (not just our VPN but in general) . The thing is that their SYS admins block VPN technology, and there is no much that could be done on our end. If you would like to know more about this, please contact us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9 we'll be glad to answer your queries.

Easy to use but not flawless

The application was used for QA testing of various applications, mimicking the real location and testing the functionality of VPN detection. As a paid tool, compared to other similar applications and free alternatives it is still an affordable option for professional or hobby QA testers even with low budget.

Pros

Easy to use and select target GEO with the dedicated app. Minimal setup is required, everything is self-explanatory

Cons

Often refused to connect or just jumped to another server without notification. Found a little bit expensive compared to the competition. Detected that real IP address leaks in certain situations.

Reasons for Switching to HMA

Looked for easy to use, professional tool with advanced functionality

Iyanu from Brainslodge

Fast & Good VPN but can also be deceptional

Pros

HMA has plenty of IPs available for almost all countries in the World and keeps no logs of any of them, it is totally secure and very fast. It has all the feature a standard VPN should have including kill switch, Cross-Platform Support, one-click connect and disconnect, and so on.

Cons

Only a few locations in the USA, Canada, and the UK work perfectly, selecting a city in the USA might end up with you having the IP of Czech Republic and this is the same with some of the P2P enabled locations. It is best to verify the IP and Country for each location so as to be sure.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your feedback. When it comes to locations, we tend to have at least one server in every state. We're known to have more server locations than any other provider. If you need some specific location, please wire here https://goo.gl/JUYit9, we'll pass your feedback to our networking team. As for Czech Republic issue, it has been mostly resolved by now.

Opeyemi from Blessed Academy, okuokoko

Hidemyass review

Pros

Privacy; this is a bit tricky as from my perspective, this part of the vpn is both an advantage and a disadvantage depending on where you are coming from. The intetnet privacy collects some sort of information that will be detailed in the cons but the good thing is, they never track your usage and the websites you visit and that is some sort of privacy you paid for. Speed; depending on whether ypu are using the service on a smartphone or a personal computer, there's never that slugiish feeling that comes with using free vpn trials, your internet connection is as swift as ever, only that now you're shielded from every prying eyes that's interested in what you do on the internet. Simplicity; hma's ease of use can be compared to no other as just about anyone can get around the interface to get to their various needs. Vastness; hma deserves all the accolades when it comes to the available servers presented to you to choose from, there's a lot of vpns out there with promises of a wide selection of servers when you upgrade to their subscription based service, at the end of the day, what you get is not usually what you paid for.

Cons

Pricing; in all sincerity, to some class of people, the pricing of their services is fair but to others, it's not so fair as there are other alternatives with cheaper subscription fee, the company will do better for themselves to review the pricings. Extended options; there's little to no provision for power users who use vpns for more thsn bypassing restrictions on multimedia websites, some of us use vpn for accessing our funds on online payment systems who are strict on how you access your account, a slight change in your ip address can ruin years of hardwork as cash of many has been stranded cause of this oversight PC user interface; the ux team must be headed by someone who is as lazy as lazy can get as he somehow maneuvered his way to port the smartphone interface on personal computers and it is an eye sore. Privacy; with hma you don't have all the privacy you paid for as some information that might make you uncomfortable is being collected as you surf the net

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Hello, Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. We have shared it with our developers. We will use your suggestion to improve our service.

Monday from Fiverr & Upwork

Industry: Writing and Editing

One of the best VPN I have used

HideMyAss is good and for business wise it will be one of the best because of multiple servers and one license can be used on multiple computers and mobile gadget.

Pros

HideMyAss is one of the best VPN I have used and really efficient because of the several and multiple servers the have. They have over 10,000 servers and that gives me the choice to select any server location that I wish to use. It is equally cheap compared to other VPN services. I will recommend this VPN service to any person who is looking for a cheap VPN service with multiple location and their customer service is very fast and efficient and always respond to any inquiries.

Cons

HideMyAss is good but I discovered that some of their servers are not really good. It is either they are blacklisted or their DNS will be showing that of your country which you resides and that is not suppose to be so. Unless you contact their customer care before they will fix it. They should try and check on their servers before they give it out to the public for use.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your comment, we're happy to know you are content with our service, your satisfaction is our top-most priority. When it comes to DNS issue that you describe, we'd be glad to help you with it, just contact us here please https://goo.gl/JUYit9 we'll do all we can to resolve the issue.

Gede Ananda from Online Culture

HideMyAss more like HideMyIP

Been using various VPN from time time, like other VPN, HideMyAss offers user protection surfing the Internet more safely and Privately. Compared to other paid or free VPN, HideMyAss is the most Interesting VPN in my opinion, from the name and logo this VPN caught my attention.

Pros

Various server location user can choose as they want, no need to configure anything, just install - login - use, for personal, I use it for gaming and so far HMA have decent stability and low latency even on heavy load. HMA also available on all platform, and 1 account can be used simultaneously on my PC and Android.

Cons

Has some "bad" server, server jump without any notification, sometimes connecting to the server taking ages and can a little bit pricy compared to another VPN with the same features

Desmond from Mamtech Services ltd

HMA is fast and secure

My overall experience with HMA has been good especially in the diversity of its VPN server network.

Pros

HMA is very fast and secure and I can say that HideMyAss is about the best VPN out there. It is cost effective compared to a lot of VPN software and services out there. It has servers in almost all the countries of the world and I find this very convenient for my work and its servers are fast. The fact that it has several server options for every country makes it even more attractive. The setup is also easy and seamless. You can use it on different types of devices too. It also has secure OPenVPN encryption and no ip leaks.

Cons

The Windows client interface may be a little confusing for new users especially in selecting servers. I hated that HMA does nt have IPv6 protection and support sometimes cannot answer more technical questions.

Okikiola from Gidimasters Services

For good connection and anonymous surfing

I was able to bypass some country restrictions.

Pros

I purchased a subscription for 1 year and i've been enjoying it so far. I can connect up to 5 devices at once. I love this specially because they provide server in all states in USA. They have a fast live customer chat too.

Cons

I believe their fee is a bit high. I was able to purchase mine because i was given a promo code. Also, this VPN connects wronglt to another location sometimes. I may choose to connect to New York but HMA will give me CZECH REPUBLIC IP Address. They should work more on this.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Hello, Thank you for your rate. Please allow us to explain that the price is as it is because maintaining our number of servers, and other qualities require costs. When it comes to the Cz issue you describe, please feel free to contact us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9, we'd be glad to help you

Douglas from The-Golf-Experience.com & The-River-of-Life.com

Stay Hidden in Plain Sight!

HideMyAss allows me to anonymously surf the World Wide Web with the confidence of knowing that I am not being tracked and pursued by hackers or even advertisers looking to know my location.

Pros

You can surf the web with total anonymity and confidence that you're not be tracked and pursued with every click of the mouse.

Cons

During my use of HideMyAss I have found nothing to dislike about this product or that I believe needs improvement.

one of the securest and fastest VPN on the market

We came from having some security problems with other VPN providers and HideMyAss solved them all.

Pros

For work, we need different VPN running at the same time, and after using lots of different providers, HideMyAss has become our go-to. It is fast, reliable, secure, user friendly and very easy to install

Reasons for Switching to HMA

Security

Response from Privax

Replied May 2020

Hello, Thank you very much for such a great review! Providing a secure internet traffic for you and keeping you safe online is what we strive for, so we really appreciate your words and it feels great to have solved issues you had with other providers. Hope you'll keep enjoying HMA, as we're happy to have you as our customer :)

Sudeep from Enago (Crimson Interactive)

Industry: Publishing

Popular but maybe not the best now

Pros

It is still quite fast. It unblocks even Netflix! There are many servers all over, so works well even when I'm travelling. I can use it on Mac as well as Windows computers, and the interface is easy! The choices of modes is also convenient.

Cons

It stores the IPs. Not reliable in China.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your comment. Although China blocks VPN connections in general, it may be still possible to use HMA depending on your ISP provider and type of network you use. We encourage you to test our VPN as we offer 30 days money back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose!

Melanie from Have You Heard My Book/Product Review

Industry: Publishing

Don't Let'em Find You

I really enjoy all of the options you get with HMA. It saves you time and worry. I won't go back to regular internet surfing. HMA has spoiled me.

Pros

HMA is a terrific VPN. Its easy to use program allows you to be safe from prying eyes. This program allows you to be safe whether you are streaming television shows or completing a work assignment. You can access restricted sites as well as your favorite ones. You;ll never have to guess about online safety again.

Cons

The free use of this VPN will keep it very busy. It will slow tremendously. You will have to check the different countries you travel to. Their are many that don't allow VPN use.

Response from Privax

Replied May 2020

Hi Melanie, Thank you for your great review. Keeping you safe and private online is our top priority, so it means a lot to us that we have spoiled you in that sense :) There are ofcourse some countries that have internet restrictions and this may of course affect the use of our VPN, but our customer support is always there to find a possible workaround. Feel free to get in touch anytime this restrictions affect your use of our service.

Good VPN Service

It is a relatively good product - been on the market for a number of years which adds credibility and trust. However since this didn't work 100% of the time I stopped using the service.

Pros

You're able to select from 280 locations in terms of IP to use. This gives enough flexibility and ability to access almost any website on the internet.

Cons

The service still doesn't work with all platforms online, so I wouldn't say this is the only service you need to watch "anything" online.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your rate, we're glad that you are mostly happy with our service. When it comes to streaming, although VPN is a completely legitimate way to virtually change your IP address, many online services are trying to fight this workaround for their restrictions.

Irena from taxback.com

It does indeed hideyourass

Pros

There is a fairly rich selection of https VPNs ,which are normally quick .Works as advertised

Cons

There are cheaper options with a richer selection .

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. Regarding the price matter, we'd like to explain that certain quality requiters costs. We offer more servers than any other VPN, and maintaining them requires costs. We also offer a completely free multilingual customer support that loves helping to our clients.

Tara from LadyTarasCreations

Excellent VPN for the price

Pros

price, functionality, ease of use, user interface and customer service. Masks your internet signatures really well

Cons

auto renewal, there is free VPN's out there that save you money

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Hello, Thank you for your review. It is a great compliment to us! Feel free to check out our newest version that has new features. Should you need any help, feel free to contact us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9 we'll be glad to assist you.

Phil from University of Otago

Worked brilliantly for me for a couple of years but struggled to keep up with blockers

Peter from GymRealm

A good VPN provider ,but definitely not the best

Pros

A fairly rich and varied selection of addresses ,most of which are quick to load .

Cons

I began with the free addresses they posted on their sites and gradually moved to premium when they removed that . Since then there has been a constant drop in the quality of service and VPNs you get ,eventually leaving me to switch .

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Hello, Thank you for your response. The free addresses that you mention are actually free web proxy and they are still available here https://www.hidemyass.com/en-eu/proxy However, as we are a VPN provider, we focus more on VPN A VPN will automatically encrypt your entire Internet connection and as such all applications on your computer will be secured, whereas with a web proxy, you'll need to configure certain applications manually (such as your web browser). VPNs use stronger encryption methods and are therefore considered more secure than web proxies.

Great for checking geo restricted campaigns

Pros

We often have to check tracking of campaigns that are geo restricted, thus we need a way to make it appear that we are accessing the URL from another location. This is where HideMyAss comes in. The interface is easy to use and makes it quick to access the desired IP location.

Cons

Speed hasn't always been blazing, but that it's not a problem for our purposes.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your comments, your input means a great deal to us. When it comes to the speed, the thign is that when you use VPN, the speed varies due to the distance between you, your ISP and the VPN server you're connected to. Furthermore, due to security protocols and VPN encryption, you can expect somewhat slower than normal speeds. Feel free to contact us directly regarding this matter.

Victor from taxback.com

Browsing anonymously

Pros

I love the logo ,it reeks personality .The selection if IPs is rich ,which is very good when you need to change them regularly .

Cons

However one of the reasons for needing to change regularly is that a lot of the IPs are slow or dead as a whole. There is definitely room for improvement there .

carolyn from Arts and Crafts

Great for finding proxy servers

Pros

So ok, I will admit it... I use this software for gaming. I use it to vote for myself in a game so I can get greater rewards... cheating? yes... I know it... But to review the software, its great! It gives you many choices of proxy servers to hide behind, and they are seamless. theres no lag when on a proxy, and it works wonderfully. Definitely recommend.

Cons

Not as many American proxys as I'd like to see.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Hello, Thank you for your comment. We're understand you would prefer even more US servers, however, please mind we have them more than any other provider. To find a complete list of our server locations, please follow this link: https://www.hidemyass.com/servers

Straightforward easy to use, handy and gets the job done for me

Pros

Fast and efficient while still remaining anonymous. Although not as versatile or as powerful as other softwares in this same industry, this gets the job done and has a long standing reputation.

Cons

It could be alittle more feature rich with functionality, and it can be clunky sometimes I have experienced when loading it up initially, but overall it is a great proxy software to use that I recommend.

Kate from Nesco Resource

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

An great VPN tool with convenient and efficient features.

Pros

This tool is a great VPN service. We can buy subscription packages at quite low rates. Their service is quite efficient and we can access any country and their respective divisions with this tool . We can also favorite our servers and keeps them using again and again. It allows secure browsing with protection from hackers and location trackers. Customer service is also very helpful which helps and guides in a very productive manner.Overall, a great service.

Cons

Been using this tool for a while and haven't faced any issues at all. I'm very much happy with the service and the tool.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. Your satisfaction is our utmost priority, and we are happy to have ecstatic clients like you. Thank you for using HMA!

Mohammad from PIMCO

HideMyAss review

Overall this is a great app that I often use and highly recommend

Pros

It offers access to the sites that are blocked and lets access them seamlessly. It offers a great user experience and is easy to install

Cons

It does not work with Firewall and I have seen it become dysfunctional when a firewall is installed between the servers

Response from Privax

Replied May 2020

Hi Mohammad, Thank you so much for a great review. We're especially glad that you are our long time user, so we wanted to let you know that we appreciate your loyalty. Feel free to contact our support directly https://bit.ly/2WB48tC for the Firewall issue, as our tech guys would be very keen to find a possible solution.

Luke from Corsia Logistics

Great VPN at Great Price

Pros

We have been using Hide my Ass for years and the price to value rating is unbeatable

Cons

They could add some more cities to the current ones.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your comment,your opinion s very important to us. When it comes to the cities that we're missing, could you please share with us which cities would you need. Just drop an email to us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9

Dragi from FINKI

Easy and safe to use

Dennis from Massive Interactive

Am using it while developing an application that is only availlable in some countries.

Pros

I like the most that it's pretty simple to use and fast, also the search bar makes my life complete because sometimes i need to connect to a specifc city and i dont have to search in that huge dropdown.

Cons

I don't like that the window is very small and i feel like they could go for a bigger one and show more information in one screen only, then it could be possible to operate this app without many clicks and navigations through the screens.

Caleb from Wireless Zone LLC

Industry: Wireless

Decent VPN for whatever your needs may be.

Pros

Definitely good for remaining anonymous on the web from snooping eyes. It also can help you get around blocked websites blocked by many orgabizations. Always connects and not many issues.

Cons

I use The free version, which you don't get to choose your server. You usually get a foreign one which can mess with search results. If you're on a paid an you do get to choose US locations, which are faster and localized. Guess it comes down to whether youbwanna pay or not.

Andrew from BeHyp

A good VPN, but with some flaws.

It seemed good, but definitely not a good price, although not the highest far. The app works fine on my device. But if there is an issue I never had any luck with customer service. I just gave up. If they sorted out the privacy issues (which surely is the main reason for using VPN), I would consider them in the future.

Pros

Cons

I could not get Netflix. Reports and reviews showed security issues, and they have to give up certain information to government agencies This seems to defeat the purpose. Can only use 2 devices with an account. That seems too limiting.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. Could you please contact us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9 as we assure you our service does work with Netflix. It will be our pleasure to assist you.

Solid VPN

Though there may be some better VPNs, I personally find this one to be functional and practical enough to warrant at the very least a one-time trial.

Pros

Fairly easy to set up and start using. Grants access to certain blocked websites, but most importantly, protects one’s priceless anonymity.

Cons

I’ve noticed the connection being slower at times, though that might have to do with different servers. The pricing is perhaps a bit higher than the competing VPNs, though nothing off-putting.

The best VPN I have ever used.

HMA is one of the best VPN that I have ever used, I have used it for my personal purposes and got very good result. Very fast and effective VPN. Overall I was satisfied about their service.

Pros

HMA is a very effective and strong VPN provider that you can use it to hide your original IP address. HMA has very strong encryption system and they are not log down your IP addresses and history. They has 190+ countries server to connect. Allows to connect up to five devices simultaneously and very secure browsing. Pricing is not too costly.

Cons

Sometimes taking long time to connect, some servers are very slow and not good. You can face poor consistency of connection if you have a poor internet signal.

Response from Privax

Replied May 2020

Hello, Thank you so much for reviewing our VPN with such high notes and especially for your comment about HMA being one of the best VPNs you've ever used, that means a lot to us. We will take note of the Cons as there is always room for improvement and hopefully get to have the 5 stars rate from you in your future reviews.

Marco Antonio from Proyectos Medinet

Hide My Ass it's a expensive VPN with a powerful Secure OpenVPN encryption

Hide My Ass allows me to browse anonymously on the internet and it prevents anyone lurking on my local network from monitoring or intercepting my network activity.

Pros

It has a huge number of fast servers, it allows five simultaneous connections, with a great in Android app, it's come with a powerful Secure OpenVPN encryption.

Cons

Relies heavily on virtual server locations, it has a poor customer service, it's expensive, and does not have a ad blocking protection.

Donald from Catholic Health Initiatives

Best name ever

Pros

Start with the name, its the BEST. It delivers as advertised, was able to safely and securely browse confidential sites with confidence

Cons

There are no cons for this software, I was pleasantly surprised and will continue past trial

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your comment! Having great, happy customers like you is the best reason for us to improve our services and deliver awesome VPN to you. Enjoy using our service and and feel free to contact us if you happen to have any questions or if you ever need any help.

Works better in some countries than others, but great customer service

Not good for bypassing the firewall in China, but otherwise it's worth considering.

Pros

Straightforward to install and use. It has a free trial, which is better than some other VPNs which only offer a one-month money back guarantee. When it didn't work for me, the customer service was prompt to reply my refund request and I got my money back in 2 day.

Cons

Got HideMyAss to access my email and other blocked sites on my work trip to Mainland China, but it was so slow it was barely usable. Works fine in Hong Kong but unfortunately I didn't need it there. Many VPNs that works well elsewhere doesn't work in China so it wasn't too surprising.

Kaloyan from taxback.com

Good way to stay protected online

Pros

I really like their branding , the service is very smart in how they present themselves . It is a good VPN service and their premium IPs are reliable and do the job.

Cons

They originally had free IPs ,of admittedly lower quality .The feature is no longer available and it was a good way got get your feet wet in the VPN world .

Steven from taxback.com

Ace VPN provider .

Pros

HideMyAss has a rich choice of VPNs .Most of the time they work great and the connection is fast .It helps keep your browsing private ,which becomes more and more necessary .

Cons

They previously had free options ,which are no longer available .As for recently I have also noticed an increase of IPs that cannot access https sites ,causing inconvenience .

Sirma from taxback.com

Easy ,good VPN provider

Pros

I like that HideMyAss makes my web browsing for both work and personal stuff more secure and fairly anonymous .They do the job they set out to do .

Cons

The pricing range should be reevaluated if they want to remain competitive .

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your input. We have discounts from time to time, as we had on Cyber week. We hope to have them soon for Holidays.

Ama from Two Hoots Digital

It just works!

I have had a flawless experience so far using it.

Pros

Hidemyass was easy to install. It is also very easy to use as you just select the country that you want to 'appear' to be working in and you're connected. Disconnecting or choosing another location is as easy as pie. This takes away from the apprehension I initially had about it possibly taking a lot technically to set up.

Cons

None. It puts this kind of service in the hands of the ordinary PC user as opposed to being some super technical hacker to make it happen.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your comment Ama. Thank you for being a great customer. We value your relationship.

In cognito browsing.

Pros

It helps keep my risky browsing habits private from hackers, roommates, and employers. It's easy to set up, and the customer service is awesome!

Cons

At times, load times can extend beyond normal length. The software's instability leads to crashes and lag.

Great product, does its job well

Slightly confusing interface, but very functional and useful. Everyone should have a good VPN!

Pros

This is one of the most functional VPNs I've found. It does it's job well, and offers a few nice features like being able to pick a very wide variety of locations and access it easily from the menu bar at the top of the computer. Good value for the service!

Cons

The interface is confusing when you first start, but once you learn the processes it's easily repeatable.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Hello, Thank you for your review. We have good news, as we have released new version with better interface. Feel free to contract us for more info!

Claire from taxback.com

Serviceable VPN

Pros

HideMyAss has a rich variety of addresses ,from almost any imaginable location .This enables you to circumvent any potential location restrictions and also helps you stay protected online .

Cons

Not as many https options as I would like and also fairly pricey ,compared to similar products.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We'd be glad to help you with any issue, please feel free to contact us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9

Ryan from Powerlight Media

HideMyAss is a good solution for a VPN

Easy and fast, I would recommend to anyone looking for online anonymity

Pros

Simple and well known and easy to use. Up and running fast and simple set up. There are several options out there, but HideMyAss gets the job done

Cons

sometimes the interface lags, but nothing really sticks out as something I like least about it. Works well for what it is

Raul from Yhare

Industry: Music

Recommendaded

Its a good service and very safe but I used it for a short time and preferred to use a cheaper one and I can connect more devices.

Pros

In general is a very good service, has many servers and the connection is fast, reliable and without problems. It is also very easy to upload heavy files.

Cons

It can connect to 2 devices simultaneously, it does not have a free version and analyzing its price with other VPN's is more expansive, also takes time to configure and install it.

Sven from Sven Horvat

The most cost effective VPN

HideMyAss has been around for the longest, as far as I can remember and I like the quality assurance it gives. One of the best. Would recommend.

Pros

The things I loved about the software is it gives you the ability to watch Netflix from the US and UK so if you are in need, it's the perfect fit. Costs little to nothing, it's user friendly and good enough speed to stream or have video calls. They also offer money back for 30 days.

Cons

There have been privacy issues with this software in the past, the speed could be a bit greater and you have to pay for at least a year to get it.

Daniel from California State University, Fullerton

Easy to use, but not reliable

Pros

This VPN software gets the task done easily and is pretty easy to setup. The learning curve of use is low.

Cons

Sometimes this VPN would not work correctly or my connection would become slow. I do not trust this software as much as other VPNs.

Themba from freelancer

Perfect for privacy

Be safe get this app and be invisible online i..good for individuals and business purposes give it 20stars rating ..i love it

Pros

This hidemyass vpn is the best app ever ...to hide your location online searching or commenting anonymously i love it.

Cons

I can roaming anonymously safe without being noticed where you are by simple switching to hidemyass vpn location....so i like this app i give 10stars rating..i love it

Usamedin from Massive

Used it to work remotely for a software company that had the software available only in some country

Pros

I like the most that is extremely easy to use, the selection of country and connecting to it its pretty straight forward, i also like that it has most of the countries in the world and of course the last thing is that its color design are very pleasing

Cons

I don't like that its not stable sometimes it says that am connected but really its not, second thing is that if i leave my laptop on standby for half an hour ( am using macOS) when i turn it on again the connection to internet its lost and i have to restart.

Disappointing Experience

This is the first time using HideMyAss. I have used other VPN services in the past. It was simple to install but it was all downhill after that. I didn't bother with the trial. I signed up and paid for a month to month subscription right off the bat. My main issues, it took almost 5 minutes to connect to a server. Then it kept dropping the connection after that. I installed it on my Windows PC, Chromebook and Android phone. It hasn't work on any of them. The biggest issue is it doesn't connect period. It just sits their saying connecting...but then never does. Very disappointed and I have already canceled my subscription.

Pros

It was simple to install and had no issues as far as that's concerned.

Cons

Poor consistency with connections. It just hasn't worked for me at all.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Hello, We're sorry top hear you had issues with using our service. The good news is that in the meantime we have released a new software version, and you shouldn't meet the same issues anymore. Please feel free to contact us here https://goo.gl/JUYit9 as wed be delighted to help you.

Alexander from Entegra

There is definitely room for improvement

Due to the free IPs they listed at a time ( no longer available ) ,HideMyAss was my first VPN provider . It's a good stepping stone ,but there are better options on the market .

Pros

HideMyAss is user-friendly and easy to maneuver . The configuration is quick . They also offer SOCKS5 proxies .

Cons

HideMyAss is very aggressive when it comes to asking you to update .That gets off-putting quickly . In addition to that ,the IP address selection is fairly poor regardless of your license level .Those factors combined made me switch to NordVPN .

Matt from Amplify My Business

Love the name, love the product

Overall, I've had a great experience. It does its job well and is competitively priced.

Pros

I love their branding more than anything. They were the first VPN I ever heard about and I've used them off and on for years. They have a simple interface and it gets the job done.

Cons

The signup process was tedious. You pay, then wait for a code, then enter the code and it activates. For some reason, it didn't work for me and I had to submit a ticket to get a new code.

Response from Privax

Replied December 2019

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you had issues with activating. We'd be delighted to help you with this as the process is supposed to a piece of cake really. Please contact s here for any help needed https://goo.gl/JUYit9

Rune from Leap Loud

VPN, with a good price

I have used it for a little under six months just recently. It worked as it should and allowed me to use VPN functions like surfing from another IP. I am in Norway, but I could surf like I was in USA. Highly recommend it.

Pros

I like that HMA is a working tech without much hazzle. I set it up for a project and it was a little back and forth during installation but after that it simply worked.

Cons

The pop ups are annoying, that is that. When you have a software, you want it to take the least out of your business computers resources, and also not be annoying, right... So when you have a pop-up it is disturbing for your work, but it also takes a bit of power from your system, not a whole lot. But it is un-needed.