• Pros

• "It does what it suppose to do and more, great ddos protection and bot filtering, the cdn and caching features are working well"

• "It just works and provides an invaluable protection and services"

• "Extremely easy to use and configure extremely strict rules + weight limiting factors. "

• Cons

• "Price is high. I wish this was a bit cheaper. The price is very high. Generally worth it, but would be happier if it was a few hundred bucks a month cheaper."

• "Could do better on the log analysis, filtering in reports"

• "user interface lacks basic features like invoices and billing "

Browse Incapsula Reviews

Ryan from N49.com

Saved the day many times

Pros

We were facing crazy DDOS attacks a couple years ago and after putting incapsula infront of our properties the server cpu usages dropped enormously, I was able to reduce our AWS instance pool size by 3/4 saving a ton of money on AWS bill

Kevin from BeCharming.com

After a DDoS attack that took us down during our prime holiday season, Incapsula stepped in to help

Pros

Our website was being hit with DDoS attacks during the prime shopping period for holiday, which was majorly affecting our business. After finally determining the cause, we searched for anyone that could help control the traffic to our website and block those attacks. Incapsula stepped in and immediately helped us get back to full strength. The cache feature also help with our Magento based e-commerce website, producing a faster user experience.

Cons

The pricing is a bit high, but when it comes to security of your website and preventing possibly disasters, you have to decide if that's worth it. After losing a lot of potential income originally, the value to know we are protected is worth it for us, but small businesses may have a hard time justifying the spend.

Ryan from Mediacorp Pte. Ltd.

Quality at a Reasonable Price

Comments: I like the ease of configuring and onboarding Incapsula for my Organization. We saw immediate results, the number of spam signups and votes dropped drastically. We started seeing metrics that reflect our true audiences Pros: Extremely easy to use and configure extremely strict rules + weight limiting factors. Cons: Could do better on the log analysis, filtering in reports Recommendations to other buyers: Good product, for disecting logs get Splunk and pipe incap logs

Pros

Cons

Could do better on the log analysis, filtering in reports

Thom from MDT

August 2015

Easy to work with and work on. Hard to find logging outside of the product

Pros: Everything is pretty easy to set up. They have answers for most your questions. Great to work with. Easy to set up. The FAQ is easy to find answers. The reps respond lightning fast. Really intuitive to set-up and use the features that they do have. Cons: Hard to get logs out for external logging of events to something like a splunk instance though they just create a new feature to help with this. HOWEVER they say they only log "security events" so like an attempt to do an SQL injection but if its just a bot (like NAGIOS) that you want to get to your site you have no idea what is blocked or let through unless you talk to your monitoring team or external vendors who use bots to grab things from your site. So don't use this tool to troubleshoot why someone can't get to your site (even if it's this tool that is stopping them from getting there).

Dmitry from Hambro L.P.

Secure and Safe

We stay with Incapsula 3 years. We are very happy that one day we choose this service. It was simple and fast to configure. Now we feel safe, we use incaprules for direct preventing the attack - it's easy and effective. Caching feature speed up our site. Support is fast and polite. We are happy.

Pros

DDos protection, Caching feature, fast and polite support

Cons

Everything is on high level

Assaf from Codeoasis

Great AntiDDOS and WAF

Been using incapsula for the past year and a half, the new features that comes out pretty often are always a blessing, it works great for anti ddos and bot protection and the extra cdn features are awesome

Pros

Cons

user interface lacks basic features like invoices and billing

Jan

July 2011

An excellent and free website security tool

Incapsula is first and foremost about web security, and second about website performance. I put it to the test and compared it to what is perhaps its fiercest competitor: CloudFlare. First, both CloudFlare and Incapsula are about equal in improving performance, based on the short time I tested it on my blog. Either one would work for me here, and I do like CloudFlares Always Online cache of my site when my server or connection is down, but I had too many false positives with it. Second, CloudFlares options and features seem geared towards performance more than security, while Incapsula appears to be primarily concerned with security. Im more concerned with security, so Im going for Incapsula. Third, personally I prefer Incapsulas easy and straightforward dashboard over CloudFlare. Fourth, in my opinion, CloudFlare is for the masses. Incapsula is for business. Im business, and Im going for Incapsula.

Pros

- Easy to understand and use interface - Professional looking page for blocked visitors - Good security options in the basic FREE version - Does not require name server change

Cons

- Blocked user have no way of notifying site owner of false positives - Advanced performance options only available starting from $99/mo - Support pages and support forum still a bit lacking in volume

Jan from husdal.com

July 2011

An excellent choice for website security for SMEs and business bloggers

Incapsula is first and foremost about web security (free version), and second about website performance (paid version). That said, even the the free version offers significant performance improvement. Incapsula is a spin-off from, Imperva which has been around for some 10 years, and was co-founded in 2002 by Shlomo Kramer, who founded Israel-based Check Point Software in 1993. In my opinion Israel is one of the world's leading countries in data security, and since Incapsula is also Israel-based, I take that as a sign of quality, besides the fact that they are backed up by Imperva.

Pros

Easy to understand and use interface. Important security options already available in the basic FREE version. Does not require name server change. Dynamic content caching (available starting from the $99/mo plan).

Cons

Blocked visitors have no way of notifying site owner of false positives. Advanced performance options only available starting from the $99/mo plan. Support pages and support forum still a bit lacking in volume.

Murilo from BankFacil

Great product

The product is amazing, very easy to use and very efective against the majority of attacks and exploits.

Pros

The the product efficiency

Cons

The support

September 2016

Mat from International Tennis Federation

September 2016

Paul from Anders Innovations

Quality with affordable price

Topic pretty much nails it. Getting incapsula and protecting your site with it is easy as pie. Works nicely right out of the box. Also has nice extra features like fully featured LB.

Pros

The ease of use.

Cons

Reporting could use some work. I would like to see more detailed analysis of attacks and traffic.

Edgar from Reingtec

Excellent product!!!

The load balancing feature allows us to offer a continuous service for our customers' Internet portals

Pros

Easy deployment

Cons

It does not allow us to configure traffic balancing distributed between data centers

Leandro from Bankfacil

A good but limited app

I like using incapsula but i think they need to add more features and modernize their user experience

Pros

It's fast and stable

Cons

Bad user interface

Andi Yuni from Enolbit

Easy deployment and stable cdn

Been using incapsula for the a year, it works great for anti ddos and bot protection. I tested than the others cdn product, incapsule blazingly faster and more stable. Their anti ddos feature very effective to block ddos attack.

Pros

Anti ddos, waf, customer service, caching feature

Cons

Lack of gui

Adam from Inspired Taste

Love your product

Overall I love your service. You have already protected me from one DDoS attack and several severe attacks. Your top level engineers are extremely knowledgable and overall pretty amazing. Tamir specially blew me away with his willingness to help diagnose a particularly tricky issue a while ago. He reached out on the phone to really dive in to help solve the problem going on. Amazing!! I will say that sometimes your lower level techs are not as knowledgable but if I needed extra help they were very willing to get me in touch with a higher level technician. But sometimes it would be nice to immediately talk to a higher level technician if I know it will be necessary. Do you have an option for a higher level of support? How much does that cost?

Nigel from Aflac

Happy Customer

Strengths: Incapsula is easy to use and manage. This is a big improvement from our on premise solution. The support is quick with a response and solves any issue we encounter. Two factor integration helps to secure this sensitive tool. Room for improvement: Reporting - Need a developer to gather logs from Incapsula for attacks\traffic. No global controls - We have many sites that require the same configurations. Each site must be configured individually. No granular permissions - I am unable to grant permissions to individual sites. It is pretty much all sites or no sites. Access is not federated - Access to security tools should be federated using SAML.

Ian from Network-Trim Ltd.

Excellent product, does exactly what it says on the tin!

Very easy to set up and use, never had any issues. Very useful reporting. Just a shame it is a cloud product; however, it has to be given the nature of it's task.

Pros

It just works and provides an invaluable protection and services

Cons

Cloud based; however, it has to be.

Franois from VALARS

August 2015

The software suits perfectly our needs!

Few times a year, our customer has its website down (online shop) by some random DDOS for an hour. After subscribing the Incapsula anti-DDOS service (easy to setup, just a DNS change and configure the redirection, and that's all). The service works fine, and the stats (realtime and weekly) are fine, even if we would like more details about some bots / attacks. Configuration based on country, ip, customs rules seem to be great too even if we do not use them. The price is worth the business cost previously lost...

August 2015

Keith from eHarmony, Inc.

Incapsula delivers on WAF and DDoS protection

I've been a user of Incapsula's WAF and DDoS mitigation product for several years now within two different Internet companies. I've seen the management dashboard grow up and become more useful; I've seen the performance of the CDN side of the offering improve with the move to all-flash storage in the pops; but most importantly, I've seen the statistics of the barbarians held at the gate, ie the SQL injection blocks, the cross-site scripting blocks, and several DDoS attacks averted without any drama. Incapsula delivers.

jeremy from Tango

great product

the product is great! it's easy to use. the DDOS protection is great and so are the rest of the safety features. for DDOS settings, it would be nice if i could enter a custom request/sec value. it would be nice if there was more documentation on the graphs and terminology, otherwise i end up filing a support ticket. i hate how some cool features cost extra (i get it), but we do have a ton of traffic, so it would be nice if they were included. =)

Adam from KIO Networks

August 2015

Incapsula meets many needs out of box but requires tuning to get desired results.

Pros: Out of the box WAF protection against OWASP Top Threats Easy to use and understand dashboard Improved vision into traffic and request patterns Setup/Deployment Cons: Advance configuration items/use cases depend on InCapRules which will take time learning how to use Hard limits on how many InCapRules you can have Support team can be generic in their initial responses, usually takes a couple of followup questions to get answer

Harko from Homefashion Group

Intuitive and easy to use

Recently we started using Incapsula mainly to offload static content from our webservers knowing it is offcourse a lof more than a CDN. Immediately we started using other features and are even looking into changing our network architecture due to new possibilites. Some pricing is a bit obfuscated and not all details are immediately clear. Also some options like batch importing a whitelist would be nice

Juan from ISE

Couldn't have found a better partner

We are a relatively small company that runs web services for roughly 600 clients. We were experiencing DDoS attacks that were fairly complex and it quickly overwhelmed us and had the potential to put us out of business. Luckily, our CEO made the decision to sign up with Incapsula and we have not had a problem since. Customer service has been phenomenal

Pros

Easy to use, great interface

Cons

It can be overwhelming at times with all of the options and features but better to have them than not

Kijoo from Snotras

August 2015

Much help to our business

I'm using Incapsula's amazing service with enterprise license. With your service, I can manage my business efficiently. My business get much DDoS attack due to its nature of job. For a year with your service, there was numerous DDoS attack to my business, but in most cases, your DDoS depensive system worked effectively! Thanks to your service, and I expect good defense as ever.

Marco from Tourisoft

August 2015

Easy to use and powerfull

Pros: Really easy to implement without any downtime. Tuning as well as additional settings can be easily undertaken at any time. Support is available and provides concret and professional responses (except for one question. See below) Cons: Unable to restrict the traffic to a limited number of ports and no explanation is provided as to why this is not possible.

Geoffrey from Clearent LLC

August 2015

We have Implemented this service on all of our external sites that take user logins. So far we have see a reduction in attacks and an increase in our ability to do no downtime deployment between servers using the load balancing feature. The website does not have all the robust features an on premise appliance would have but enough to get you to the point.

Joe from AgencyRx

August 2015

So fast and easy, you'll think it was a mistake...

I truly feel that moments after requesting a site to be protected, I had an email bringing me to my account, walking me through a ridiculously easy provisioning process, and then the next thing I know, my new IP address are delivered, I change my DNS records, and poof. You can tell your client they are secure and you're a hero. Highly recommended.

nikolai from safecharge ltd

support is horrible!

Overall the service is good(ish), but when you need help from the support you might find yourself in a nightmare... once my ticket was bounced between 2 or 3 departments and all said the same - the problem is for me... at the end it was clear that the problem was in the service and no one cared to apologize for my wasted time...

KAH HAW from iProperty

Peace of mind

We have been using Incapsula for a year now, and we are only using it with minimal incap rules and mostly the default setting is more tha sufficient. The free SSL, caching is a value added and we have peace of mind every night knowing our site is protected. Good stuff.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

The GUI sometimes might have bug.

Steven from ALG

Incapsula POPs and portal

Incapsula's consolidated PoP system greatly speeds up the speed of our sites. It is easy to configure and secure. It does lack a bit in the reporting aspects as well as needing the main landing page to be reworked. Still, it is hands above the competition in its price range.

Dylan from Windstream Hosted Solutions

August 2015

Incapsula is a one-stop shop for web security and acceleration and super easy to use!

We've sold Incapsula to the smallest web presence where they are just looking for a comprehensive solution to provide web security up to large public web properties that are looking for full featured CDN, Web Application Firewall and DDoS Mitigation solutions. Incapsula has it all and is the best at at!

Pedro from GuiaBolso

August 2015

One of the best solutions I've ever used

We use Incapsula to protect our virtual infrastructure hosted in AWS. The simple interface and great features are a great asset on our day to day investigations of incidents. Thanks to Incapsula, no attack goes by without being noticed and investigated by us! 10/10, no doubt!

Kok Way from iProperty Malaysia

Industry: Online Media

No more attack

Been constantly crawled and attacked by anonymous before using incapsula. Now longer now. In love with this product.

Pros

powerful

Cons

sometimes hard to understand new term

Luc from B2B Secure BV

IN POC Enviorment

We did test Incapsula and where amazed. Now we have to make sure we can convince the management of our customer this is the best solution for DDOS attacks

Nir from CDN

Great service!

Incapsula's CDN service is highly recommended. It's robust, uses high-end optimization algorithms and very easy to configure.

ryotaro from MEC

Bad Bot access decreased

I did not like the access of Bat Bot from overseas, but it decreased so much after introduction.It is quite good feeling !

September 2015

Gal from Xglobe

September 2015

Great product with a nice GUI

Show you the statistics of your inbound traffic. Give information about your traffic source and type. Alert for attacks at real time.

Seth from iBeauthentic

The Incapsula Experience

Very fast to setup, customer support could be better but fast to respond. Product works as advertised.

Thomas from mytag GmbH

August 2015

perfect work and excellent service

THX for your work and the customer service when we use incapsula. It is very easy to use and simple to learn.

Joshua from Herschend Entertainment

Good Value and Product

Ability to quickly and easily configure the product is outstanding. Reporting is also great. Support is improving.

Joevanne from Greensky Trade Credit

August 2015

So far it has been awesome.

I have nothing but good experience with Incapsula so far. Ease of use and speed of deployment was grreat.

Eric from Collector Systems

August 2015

Great Product, and leaves you with a true sense of security.

Customer Support has been great. Setup at time was frustrating. Interface could be modernized.

August 2015

Rodrigo from Fronteras Security, Inc.

Load balancing review

Easy to set up. Price list is very friendly. Customer Service takes very long to be assisted.

JC from Private

Great information content

Great delivery of information. Appreciate the weekly report and real time analysis features

Carlos H. from Safeway Consultoria

August 2015

Stability, practicality and cost / benefit

I have been using Incapsula for more than 6 months and the interface is very intuitive.

Jaser from CASHU

August 2015

Very useful and easy to deal with!

I like the interface, the dashboard, and the features i have to control my system!