• icon"I liked how it was a one click vpn solution, it saved me a lot of time in establishing a connection."
  • icon"IPVanish is great for keeping me secure while on the road and also for testing websites from different countries."
  • icon"We have our own in house product that we use, however we always like to have alternatives. We chose IPVanish product because it offers quick results."
  • icon"However it does have a kill switch you can set up to prevent connection to the internet unless the VPN is connected."
  • icon"The user interface is a bit cluttered and sometimes I do have problems with it disconnecting mid browsing which defeats the purpose."
  • icon"When traveling in some countries, IPVanish VPN is blocked and we are unable to use the software."

Browse all IPVanish Reviews

• Have you used IPVanish and would like to share your experience with others?

Kevin

October 2022

IPVanish Protects your Anonymity

I have been using IPVanish as a VPN to protect my identity for the last 4-5 years and always found it to be very straightforward to use. It is not the cheapest VPN on the market, however it has more features than many, there are more servers in more countries than most making it easy to surf the web completely anonymously. The company do not retain activity logs, and should the connection be compromised the VPN can be configured to shut off the internet completely until the VPN is re-instated, a very good security feature. I would recommend IPVanish over many of it's cheaper competitors.

Pros

Ease of use, IPVanish is a relatively simple VPN available for the desktop and mobile.

Cons

The mobile version of the product seems to drop out regularly.

Eduardo

Affordable, reliable choice for consumer VPN needs

Overall, it's a decent choice. The servers are not the fastest, but offers decent speeds for cloud-based workloads.

Pros

It is by far one of the most affordable choices of the longest running VPN providers. The app is easy to install and easy to use. It is quick to deploy to individual users.

Cons

Downside was it did not have a server local to my location. The app also caused issues with the internet connection on one computer, but that may be because we have a custom DNS setup.

Reasons for choosing IPVanish

There was a good deal for pricing at the time.

Price

Too rich for my blood

IPVanish does a great job masking an IP address and their VPN is solid and stable but there are too many competitors offering the same experience for WAY LESS MONEY. If they offered a lite version, their stellar customer service might be enough to draw more crowds, but for almost $100, there are products out there offering way more comprehensive and diversified features.

Pros

It's such a welcome relief to know that IPVanish has a very personalable, fabulously friendly, actually deal with a real human being focus that other IP and VPN services do not and the VPN streaming options are a great addition to a solid, reliae product.

Cons

The cost is too much to overlook or get over or even attempt to rationalize, especially considering how densely packed their market is, and for anyone with a little pecuniary knowledge, it's way too easy to find something way cheaper, or free, or even a lite version, that offers the same functional features.

Lawrent

May 2022

A great VPN, but based in a questionable country in terms of zero log policy

It helped me keep my data and communication safe especially in public spaces. We decided to change to CYBERGHOST though.

Pros

I like the support options (chat and phone) which I don't remember seeing much with other VPN services (I have not used them though, but it's good to know it's there). IPVANISH has tons of IP addresses. It is very easy to navigate through app and connect to any location.The encryption is standard (AES 256) IPVANISH used to not have WIREGUARD (unlike Cyberghost), and since it's the latest state-of-the-art security protocol, It was a big no for me, but now they integrated it to their VPN. IPVANISH has got the killswitch and an autoconnect options which is great to have to avoid any leak. Streaming services are working great for the programs I want to watch. uploads/downloads are solid even if you connect to a far location (itreally depend on your location in regard to the place you connect to). With the trusted wifi networks I also decide when to connect or not to the VPN (as I travel a lot, I use it a lot)

Cons

The company is in one of the eyes alliances countries and therefore we can question the zero log policy...There are other cheaper VPNs, but IPVANISH is in the usual price range.

Aatif Khurshaid

May 2022

IPVanish, protect your online identity

IPVanish is a powerful VPN software that hide your real IP address and let you surf the web anonymously. I like it for its ease of use and performance consistency.

Pros

IPVanish is a powerful VPN software which very effectively masks your IP address and enables you surf across te internet anonymously. You can us its single subscription to proctect multiple devices at a time. It as a huge number of servers around the globe to give you a fast surfing speed and to enable you to choose a virtual location according to your choice. Apart from masking you IP, you can also use it to unblock apps and websites like Twitter, BBC etx blocked in certain regions. By changing your virtual location, you can also make apps lie Netflix and Prime tohow you content specific to that region. Also it protects your system up to an extent against xyber threats.

Cons

IPVanish makes your internet works a bit slowly, specifically while streaming data. Other than that it works all fine.

William

IPVANISH Rocks

Amazing service, fast, reliable, and very cheap! It works great for the price you pay and you can browse the internet securely without your ISP monitoring your activity!

Pros

Fast, reliable, easy to use, and the price is amazing! I use it on my phones, pcs, and amazon firesticks! It just simply works. Price compared to other VPN services is hands down the best. I paid $39.99 for a year of service. There are servers all over the world available for use. The speed from being connected is minimally impacted. The service also keeps no record of logs which is what you need when using a VPN service. I highly recommend their service if you're not using it!

Cons

Limited to only so many devices per subscription. That's the only con with the software. But, most competitors are the same way.

Reasons for switching to IPVanish

Price was simply the reason and the fact IPVANISH is easier to setup on Amazon firesticks!!

Matthew

Industry: Online Media

June 2022

Easy to Use VPN

We have used this software with no major problems with the exception of the Philippines server being down (or removed). The pricing for new users is very generous and a bargain compared to other VPNs. The speed is very fast if your internet speed is high speed as well. The app has performed equally well among phones and laptops for us.

Pros

For those who need a VPN to work securely from home or other uses, this must be one of the easiest dashboards to use. From the home screen, you can choose which location you would like to use (i.e. Germany), and make it a favorite. The settings are also easy to understand and you can adapt to your liking. The program usually likes to pick the fastest available servers.

Cons

Until about a year ago, you could select the Philippines for a location. You can no longer do that. The last time I emailed customer support, they said they were working on the problem, but it has been about a year and it has not changed.

Ed

Industry: Law Practice

IPVanish VPN Review

Security, privacy and reliable service with simultaneous connections over all devices has been a great benefit.

Pros

This VPN service offers over a thousand worldwide anonymous servers. They claim to keep no traffic logs, which is great for privacy concerns. It integrates with all devices and provides very fast and reliable speed at a reasonable price.

Cons

I have not found anything to complain about.

Eitan

June 2022

Great priced, Fast and secure VPN

Pros

IPVanish is one of the most secured VPNs i have used, It's also great priced and really fast

Cons

I think the UI should be redesigned, it looks old.

Gilbert

March 2022

Solid VPN product

Generally positive experience overall. Recommended highly for PC platform.

Pros

Software interface was easy to navigate, connection speed was great.

Cons

Had some inconsistent performance with the Mac version of the software after an update.

Stacey

IP Vanish helps you protect your privacy online.

Prevents tracking based on IP/location for services that may limit connectivity from some locations. Ironically, since it allows you to pick where you appear to connect from, you can also use it for testing Geolocation limited features of services. Game or other servers that need to limit access to a country for legal reasons can be tested from a long list of location nodes in the IPVanish network.

Pros

IP Vanish software just works. Simple yet powerful interface. Supports Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Fire TV, Linux, and more. You can even install it on your router. Since IPVanish is at core a service, you can configure your system to use the service without using their software. Provides automatic or manual selection of best VPN connection point all over the US and in many countries. IP Vanish allows you to protect your privacy from trackers and Geolocation services providing you with greater peace of mind while you use the internet.

Cons

While you can configure it to pass local LAN traffic it doesn't always seem to work with new connections. If I am connected to a LAN service/server before starting the VPN, then it works, but occasionally doesn't seem to work right if I haven't already established a connection. My local LAN can consist of private IP's and public IPs so that may be where the issue lies.

Jenn

Industry: Environmental Services

IPVanish a good buy

Great VPN in general and works as it suppose to function.

Pros

What I like most about IpVanish VPN is the fact that you have close to 20 US cities you are able to connect to immediately. I also love the kill switch option, which means if for some reason you become disconnected with the VPN you immediately will not have internet access. That option can be useful in many scenarios for a user.

Cons

The only con I have is when you start the software, it always asks you for permission to launch on your system. I believe that's an unnecessary step for a user to have to go through.

Reasons for choosing IPVanish

They were recommended by someone I trusted.

Theodore

VPN Me Not

No problems were solved. A benefits is that it operates at high speeds. It is easy to install and manage. Offers a protective environment keeps nosey nibs from seeing where you are going and what you like to see on the internet.

Pros

We have our own in house product that we use, however we always like to have alternatives. We chose IPVanish product because it offers quick results. The setup is straight forward and the administration follows the ABCD format. We also like the user interface were as the options are listed in a pane on the left side of the screen and depending on what option you select there, a screen contents of that option appears on the right: __|_______ __| * __| * * * |X |

Cons

The only thing that we saw as a hangup was streaming. Keep in mind of a VPN service it seems to clip along at a decent to fairly fast speed, but for actually streaming like for Netflix, seems to get frozen and take a while to load back up.

Reasons for choosing IPVanish

It offered easy install and admin. Good user interface. It is able to camouflage your IP so that you can operate securely and privately. For VPN it offers fast speeds. If you are looking for all of these things, then it is worth giving it a try. One thing to mention, we were not able to locate a eval package by doing a simple search, however the sales depart had at the time some really great discounts and were very willing to work with you and were very helpful

Damilola

IPVanish VPN

Pros

Based on my personal and usage test Ipvanish has an excellent reliable speed with 10 simultaneous connections to a subscription, Ipvanish chat and email support plus telephone support are 24/7 available. I have used Ipvanish on Android, iOs and Windows the security level is high, noIP address leak, Ipvanish has settings that allow user to personalize privacy features and encryption.

Cons

Due to mass surveillance in the United States where Ipvanish is based this is really a major drawback for Ipvanish because US is not the best privacy jurisdiction. Ipavnish is a bit expensive than other quality Vpn in the market.

Aki Hubbard-IPV VPN Review

I use IP Vanish VPN at home for privacy and abroad to stream geo-blocked content. In either case, I have not experienced a problem with this program and for the price, it is well worth its weight.

Pros

What I like most is the privacy. With IP Vanish activated, I can surf the web, conduct online transactions, and stream content with an added layer of security.

Cons

There's not really much to complain about with using IP Vanish. If I had to choose one thing for them to improve on, it would be to include a tutorial that explains how to manually choose the servers with the best reception.

Rachelle

Great Service for Unsecured Networks

We are able to work without worrying about our secure data being accessed on unknown networks.

Pros

We use IPVanish to keep our devices from malicious activity on unsecured networks.

Cost effectiveness

Dennis

Been using it while working in a software development company

Pros

I like that its pretty fast to use and it has a large range of countries and cities to connect to and use their IP address, second i like that it has a design that looks nerdy with cool green and black colors, makes you feel like you are doing something complicated but really you are just clicking two buttons.

Cons

I don't like that lately the servers started dropping and its not availlable most of the time to connect to some countries, but this is only occuring for the last 10 days so i wouldn't say its a problem, it can happen to any software.

Silvio

A good VPN option

I'm satisfied and I will definitely keep using it.

Pros

What I really like of this software is the fact that it almost has a version for every platform. I got it installed on both mac, pc and android which is nice!

Cons

It would be cool to have the possibility to install it on some of the most common routers to avoid having it on each device