Browse Jamf Protect Reviews

Philip from Northwestern University

Day 1 Protection at its finest

Symantec's M1 and macOS compatibility came into play with our decision to move to Jamf Protect. The transition was seamless and and well welcomed.

Pros

The setup, deployment and all of its features are easily what I love most about Jamf Protect. Within minutes of approval, we were up and running.

Cons

For our immediate purposes, we did not have any cons about using Jamf Protect. Jamf made everything easy and nothing hard or bad about using or deploying this software.

M1 and macos compatibility

Compatibility issues.

Matt from Lubbock-Cooper ISD

Still Learning

From purchasing, to deployment, and jamf support, our experience has been great!

Pros

Like by review title says, I am still learning. There is so much to comprehend in Pro let alone, another integrated product. With that said, the integration is amazing. I love the ease of deployment.

Cons

I would love more help on the "clean up" side for when viruses/malware are found. Protect has already caught some issues, some of which are easy to handle and others I'm at a complete loss and just wipe the device. The pricing for education could use some love. We are paying a premium, which I understand; however, I will be honest that competitors (Mosyle) are tempting for education customers such as ourselves. We love jamf to the core though, so the swap cannot be justified currently.

Reasons for Choosing Jamf Protect

Trying to stay within the Jamf Family. We purchased Connect as well. We run Pro, Connect, and Protect. They are great products and luckily we have leadership that is willing to pay for them. Also, Jamf support and jamf nation are extremely valuable.

No Big Sur support

Here comes a new player: JAMF and endpoint security

Pros

GUI looks nice. I am just not sure what is the best functional use case for it.

Cons

We really haven't gotten the full value of this product. It may be because we're not sure what threats are prevented or what policies are bets practice for our environment.

Chad from Canby School District

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Still the Gold Standard

Pros

It is very customizable, and the online community is second to none.

Cons

There have been a few features that have been missing for a long time. For example, renaming a device using user info during deployment.

Reasons for Switching to Jamf Protect

Lightspeed support was horrid. Their system was quite limited and clunky as well.

Blair from Ancillae-Assumpta Academy

Jamf Protect - seamless and invisible

We are very happy with Jamf Protect! The price point and functionality made the switch from another vendor a no-brainer.

Pros

Tight integration with Jamf Pro made setup and deployment extremely simple. I didn’t have to think about it after the initial setup.

Cons

I do wish there was more of a user interface on the client machine.

Reasons for Switching to Jamf Protect

Price and functionality of BitDefender were not to our liking. BitDefender seemed hesitant to adopt newer macOS methodologies.

Daniel from MTD Products

Awesome product

Malware and antivirus protection

Pros

I can pull reports immediately, get instant notifications and have needed information whenever I want/need it

Cons

Support is very limited, almost non-existent

Effectiveness

Cassandra from School District of Janesville

Simple Deployment and Easy Upkeep

My experience so far has been great. The upkeep is very easy.

Pros

Deployment could not have been easier! I have to wear many hats where I work. The setup and deployment was very simple and I stepped through everything using the documentation. It was so quick and simple I thought for sure I missed something. I didn't, it's just that simple.

Cons

I have no been using Jamf Protect long enough to have any feature requests or complaints.

Jerry from Pittsford CSD

When SCEP went away for Macs, this was the best product I've found/tested/implemented...

Team has reached out, and I haven't had any Malware or Viruses on the Macs, so that's important.

Pros

Deployable with ARD or JAMF Pro. They made it a way easier alternative to other brands and the support has been great. They have contacted me, for feedback/improvements/ideas.

Cons

Still learning....hoping for more free web trainings/videos like I had for JAMF Pro inception and deployment.

Reasons for Choosing Jamf Protect

Support and able to implement ASAP, when I needed a solution.

Reasons for Switching to Jamf Protect

They discontinued it for newer OS's after OS 10.13.x.

Jeff from Bloomsburg University

JAMF Protect the best for Macs

Really nice. Once I got it installed and tied into Jamf Pro, It's been great!

Pros

Auto install and auto updates configuration/version changes

Cons

Needs a more simple way to setup advanced threat removals within Protect with auto quarantine file removal choices. minimize the need do dump issues out to Jamf Pro for resolution.

Reasons for Choosing Jamf Protect

We have JAMF for our MDM needs and we wanted to stay in-house for the tighter integration and support.

Reasons for Switching to Jamf Protect

Virusbarrier lacked enterprise management and detailed reporting.

Scott from Diamond Assets

Industry: Wholesale

Great for Schools

Jamf makes it easy to keep an eye on your devices and help educators cut the distraction with kids on electronics.

Pros

This software updates automatically so you don't have to worry about new viruses showing up.

Cons

There are no weaknesses that I know if at this point.

Adam from DFA

Industry: Food Production

Jamf Protect, why would you not?

Pros

For a long time macOS security operations at an enterprise level was unheard of when it came to user friendly GUI and accurate reporting. Jamf Protect now makes this easy. We're now able to get a full spectrum of compliances on our macOS devices in one console, giving us the ability to be proactive in remediation when it comes to threat protection. We're given real-time alerts and insights that we were usually left in the dark with in the past.

Cons

I honestly don't think there are any cons to this product. It does exactly what we want it to do and even rivals our current Threat Protection solution for Windows. The other products could definitely take some queues from Jamf Protect.

Cory from SAP

Comprehensive endpoint security suite for macOS

Pros

Designed exclusively, for macOS which can be easily seen in its architecture and implementation for any macOS Admin. It is feature rich and is one of the few solutions to leverage the new Endpoint Security framework to prevent (at process level) threats from even launching. Lightweight and by far the lowest impact of other solutions tested and used. Support is excellent and product is updated several time a month with new features and improvements based on feedback.

Cons

More documentation, examples and better marketing and comparison against other solutions would be useful. With its newer approach for security, large range of features and design exclusively for macOS and Endpoint Security framework, traditional security professionals often miss and don't see the benefits of Protect from a preventative (vs. reactive) approach.

Reasons for Switching to Jamf Protect

Day 0 support; Protect is macOS only and leaves legacy baggage out (ported over Windows or linux products)

Paul from Katonah Lewisboro School District

Protect in an Edu environment

Pros

I like the direct integration with JAMF pro. The system is very great to allow me insight in to the individual users

Cons

Remediation is a little difficult and nothing is built in.

Jamf Review

Pros

I like how easy it is to implement. Jamf Connect too a bit of time to implement, but it's perfect.

Cons

Problems navigating some menus. Sometimes it seems to be problematic.

Arman from Kambala Girls School

amazing product

its an amazing service

Pros

great community and service, lots of features

Cons

I think it can be better with a new section of all new features

xavier from Rush Medical

Jamf protect what a product!

my experience is very good and the information one the software is grade A+.

Pros

the protection the software offers to apple devices and the integration offered with the Jamf Pro.

Cons

the price is mostly the hardest thing when gathering approvals from company and health care leadership.

One Stop Solution for all compliance tools

Pros

Neat and Clean GUI. Easy to use. It doesn't impact macOS performance as Symantec, McAfee, Crowdstrike, and other third-party compliance tools. Easy to remediate and prevent virus attackers. Easy to automate..

Cons

Nothing really, you guys really spent lot of time to make it best!!